Speaker 1: Hey, it's time for your brand new Second Date podcast. It's Burke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and just a reminder, you got two days left to get your merch for a cause orders in and get that second Date swag pro seas go to Convoy of Hope.
Speaker 2: And I gotta say the design is so cool. It's so the artist Summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the artist that did it for us is a prolific ski and snowboard, a graphic designer who you know.
Speaker 2: I'm just kind of friends with.
Speaker 3: It's cool.
Speaker 2: Holding up.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying shout out to Marcus because you did an incredible job on it, and please get your orders in. The link is in the show notes. But before we get to this brand new Second Date, let's highlight some of our favorite comments of the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zardrick commented and said, I found you guys on TikTok and I listen every day at work. Now makes it go by faster and I giggle to myself in my cubicle.
Speaker 5: My coworkers probably think I'm a mania.
Speaker 6: I love it, and yes they think that.
Speaker 2: No good point, Jose. All right, let's get this show started.
Speaker 6: Second Date up Date in the entertainment industry. It's all about good branding, Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: And that's why today we're turning our second date update into a second date yupdate, trying to get a guy to say yep to a second meeting.
Speaker 2: What branding is that, It's.
Speaker 6: Called good branding.
Speaker 7: And I've already got our digital team recutting all of the station promos. And by digital team, I mean the one guy who still works here.
Speaker 6: So thanks, Seth.
Speaker 7: But in the meantime, let's meet our hopeful yupper of the day, goes on Jessica. Welcome to the show. I apologize for all the negativity in the room.
Speaker 2: Not against you, just against Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Just so you know, Hi, guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Can we call her?
Speaker 2: Yes, Jeffrey, I kind of make that back.
Speaker 7: Absolutely can, If that's okay with you, Yessica for your updated.
Speaker 6: Stuff.
Speaker 2: Have you hung up yet?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, gotcha, I'm sorry to Let's go.
Speaker 7: Let's start with an easy question. Who's the guy that you want us to call today?
Speaker 3: So his name is Patrick. Okay, we met on a dating app. I've never been on a dating app before, so this is my first time.
Speaker 2: That's your very first date from a dating app.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was crazy because I was getting so many like messages from people and it's like hun goods.
Speaker 2: Wow. Was that overwhelming?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I mean I definitely was trying to like weep through all of that, and so when I saw this guy Patrick message to me, it was like super normal. He asked me, just was like, hey, how are you? Wasn't anything about like a physical appearance, so it wasn't creepy.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like the others that are like fresh meat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it does say like new to the app.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the algorithm really does that.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, okay, so you were attracted to his normalness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely. And we went to this restaurant that was really nice.
Speaker 1: What were you feeling going into this because you ever even been on a blind date before. I mean, I mean, I know you can see people's pictures and shouting them, but you don't really know what to expect, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was absolutely nervous because I normally want to do things with my dog happy happy ta f f y.
Speaker 7: Which makes jose happy just thinking about Okay, sorry, how did we get onto her dog?
Speaker 1: She normally goes places with her dog and I'm guessing you didn't bring your dog to the restaurant, So.
Speaker 3: I didn't because they didn't allow like dogs at the restaurant in the woods and patio seating.
Speaker 7: Oh, I thought you were going to put your dog inside of like a sweater and like do the thing where people stack on top of each other, and then your dog could sit in the restaurant like eating.
Speaker 6: Parts of her steak through the buttons. Yeah, and that would have been cute. But I guess a little distracting for the date.
Speaker 2: Was that hard for you not to bring your dog?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I love my dog, so I was thinking about her a lot and so on the date. It was so fun, but I kept like kind of thinking about home. So I was like getting distracted during the conversation. For example, I love to read and my favorite series is Harry Potter, and he and I was like, I'm reading the series again, so we were talking about it. It was just so nice, but I kept thinking about Tappy.
Speaker 1: Did he notice that you were distracted and thinking about your dog?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think a little bit, because he had to repeat the question a few times that he.
Speaker 2: Had, so that's interesting.
Speaker 1: I wonder if he thought you were distracted or just like airheady me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I redes that insult. You just hadn't mean to insult you.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was airheady. I think I was just like kind of like floating. I was just a little distracted.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't balloon minded.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, this second date yupdate is definitely turning kind of dark.
Speaker 6: Let's bring the yuppie mood back in.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 6: I did, and I apologize. See look at this, this is what I'm talking about positive energy.
Speaker 1: And you're just asking if he thought that maybe she was a little spacey and not really because he didn't realize she was thinking about her dog.
Speaker 5: Did you talk about your dog a lot?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, did you.
Speaker 6: Bring it up at all?
Speaker 3: I mean I talked about Hafy a little bit, but I tried not to make it a whole conversation.
Speaker 7: Okay, So, just to recap, you're on your first time on a date through a dating app. You're feeling a little bit nervous, you keep thinking about your dog, talking about Harry Potter a lot, missing some of his questions. So far, it's going okay, how does the date end?
Speaker 3: So at the end of the date. I once to use the restroom and he was like getting the check, and when I came back from the restroom, he was gone, and we left me in oh saying sorry, No, that is a terrible first the whole day.
Speaker 6: Let's give him a little bit of credit. Was there at least a sad face at the end of sorry? Make it kind of cute? There wasn't hard. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Why would you want to get a hold of this guy again? He ditched you at the end of the day.
Speaker 8: Honestly, now you want to know why he ditched me because everything seemed to be going great, And honestly, Lexus, I really want your feedback on.
Speaker 3: This because I feel like you know men, and you know, like I feel like you can really help.
Speaker 6: You think she knows men men? Okay, yeah she does? Yeah, yeah, Lexus, what do you have to say about that?
Speaker 5: Experts today.
Speaker 2: Boundary?
Speaker 3: So what do you think of Lexis?
Speaker 8: Why do you think she left me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Share your wisdom, you know, I need a few minutes to think about it.
Speaker 5: I got to do some study.
Speaker 2: She's the one that all of her friends go to for advice. Obviously.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're still waiting on that advice.
Speaker 5: Some of them, but TikTok answers.
Speaker 7: We're gonna hopefully get all of the answers for you when we come back, call Patrick and try to get you your second date, yup date and have him say yup to another meet up Yessica, it's happening.
Speaker 6: Right after this second date update.
Speaker 7: If you're just joining us, We've been talking to a young woman by the name of Jessica who recently dipped her toe into the pool of dating apps, got hundreds of messages from eager male suitors, and she chose one who seems to be the most normal god.
Speaker 2: And if this is the most normal, then she's doomed.
Speaker 6: Ye world.
Speaker 5: That was such a terrible.
Speaker 2: End to a date.
Speaker 7: His name is Patrick, and it was a terrible end because she got ditched by him at the restaurant.
Speaker 9: He actually ditched came back to the table from a to a note.
Speaker 7: It's so rude, so rude, absolutely, but broo, can we at least say it's impressive that he knows how to write something by hand?
Speaker 6: Can we give him.
Speaker 2: That it wasn't a full sentence?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: Did it have any punctuations?
Speaker 6: That's why he only wrote one word because doesn't know how to write.
Speaker 7: A sentence that's possible. There's a few questions. Was there any punctuation on it?
Speaker 2: No, man, an exclamation mark would have made it feel worse.
Speaker 7: But the good news is Jessica is gen Z and she's looking towards a gen Z hero for answers here. I think it's safe to say she wants you very, very involved in this call, Alexis.
Speaker 10: As do we're talking about you're the gen Z here. We're talking about any more thoughts now that you've had time to TikTok about why this guy ditched on Jessica, you.
Speaker 2: Really got nothing.
Speaker 6: Let's play more music.
Speaker 5: It could be anything. It could be her zoning out. It could be she likes Harry Potter.
Speaker 4: Okay, the odds of the dating world, your first date probably isn't gonna be good.
Speaker 2: On a dating app.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: I just appreciate Alexis being open to helping me.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I have a choice, but yes I have.
Speaker 7: Alexis is going to take a very active role in getting answers out of this guy. Let's call him and hopefully he picks up. But here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Patrick?
Speaker 6: Missus?
Speaker 9: Patrick?
Speaker 6: A man.
Speaker 7: Thanks for picking up. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: What's up man, Good morning?
Speaker 9: Uh, Okay, alexis we have we have a bunch of questions that we would like to ask you about a woman that you went out with recently.
Speaker 6: Her name is Jessica.
Speaker 11: What.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's part of a segment that we do called a second Date Update. So alexis taken from.
Speaker 4: Here now with somebody and you're super rude at the end. Actually you need to explain yourself.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're trying to get him to open up.
Speaker 5: I would love to hear.
Speaker 10: You.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you have a great reason that I will totally side with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you hear that? Patrick?
Speaker 5: Do you know what she's talking about?
Speaker 9: I'm I'm like totally confused. What are you talking about?
Speaker 11: Okay, maybe I'll explain and then I'll talk about So this girl, Jessica emailed us because she told us about your date at the restaurant and she is very confused why you ditched her halfway through with no explanation, just left about that said sorry it was the end, but yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was at the end of the night. And there was no, hope, So I just left to know.
Speaker 2: I got to say, though, man, that's pretty rude.
Speaker 9: Well, she was being extremely rude. She was on her phone the entire time, and then just a year into the bathroom and.
Speaker 2: Then what disappeared to the bathroom.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she disappeared to the bathroom for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: Whoat.
Speaker 6: Oh wow, that's a long time.
Speaker 9: I'm exaggerating a little bit. I mean it was like ten minutes, but it felt like thirty.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I'm starting to think it was two minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a long time.
Speaker 2: But there's a line like you don't know, yeah.
Speaker 8: No, No.
Speaker 9: She was like she is obsessed with her dog, and it was like she would rather have been with her dog, and so I was like, you know what, I'm just gonna leave so she can hang out with her dog.
Speaker 5: I mean, wouldn't most people rather be with their own pet in the first day.
Speaker 6: I mean, but her dog's not even there.
Speaker 9: So like the whole night, she's like on her phone and she was trying to like put it to the side so I wouldn't notice. But she did it so much within like the first five minutes of us meeting that I asked her if she was all right. Oh, and she was like, Okay, here's the deal. I have a dog cracker app and this is the first time I've been away from taffy or whatever dogs made.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that make you feel better though, because in that moment, now she's being open with you, and she's feeling like it's almost like an apology, like I am so sorry that I was on my phone.
Speaker 9: It's kind of cute. But she had it set for this like bark alert, so when it would bark, her phone would buzz. That's an Yeah. I was like, okay, well, maybe you should turn that off during the dinner, And like a few minutes later, she like pulls out her phone and she's like, oh my god, look happy sniffing the room, bud. That means she's anxious. It means just what anxious anxious?
Speaker 4: I was like, okay, oh, my friends had pet cameras had to delete it because of it.
Speaker 5: It's so sad all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you would always distract them so they got rid of their ass.
Speaker 1: Obviously your day is just having separation enxiety herself, you know, and the dog seems.
Speaker 6: Like it's fine.
Speaker 9: Well exactly, And then she goes to the bathroom, and she was gone for such a long time that I actually thought she ditched me.
Speaker 1: Oh, had to go check on her dog or something.
Speaker 9: Well, I went back to the bathroom and this girl came out and I was like, Hey, have you seen this woman in the bathroom. She's about this high, has this color hair, and she was like, oh, yeah, she's in there facetiming her dog.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh, I get that, baby.
Speaker 4: She had a dog the car you can talk to there we go, So you.
Speaker 2: Your little dog.
Speaker 7: Thank you for explaining what happened from your perspective. That gives us a little bit more of a scope about what was going on, at least from your side of it.
Speaker 6: And now you probably need to hear.
Speaker 7: Jessica's side of it because she is on the other line listening right now.
Speaker 6: And what does she want to do, Alexis I actually know what.
Speaker 5: She wants anymore? Get answers?
Speaker 2: They usually want to want to talk to each other.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll start there.
Speaker 6: It's Jessica on the other line.
Speaker 3: If she's there, Jessica, Hey, Patrick, Hey, what's up. Oh? I know it was just kind of weird, but like I know, all that stuff did happen. But yes, is that really a reason to like get you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I mean I didn't know how long you were going to be in the bathroom facetiming with Taffy, and I was just like it was just frustrating. Like I get it's hard to leave a pet at home, but like, come on, it's not like the dog's in danger.
Speaker 3: Well you could have like messaged me after.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's fair. I could have messaged you after. But I was just like, I don't know, I was just so turned off. I kind of just was like, forget about it.
Speaker 2: It hurts.
Speaker 7: I mean, if I'm a guy and I'm on a date and the girl is not paying attention to me the entire time, I'm going to start to feel like she doesn't really like me.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the entire time, he said, there was twenty minutes in between.
Speaker 2: The phone and then her explaining, and then she.
Speaker 1: Would like at least she tried to take the FaceTime call away from the table.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like, why didn't he bring it up.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you say, hey, you're kind of hurting my let's go back to your house and hang out your dog.
Speaker 9: I just don't understand why we can't just decide to go on a date and be with the other person instead of being on our phones and.
Speaker 7: Child Well, yeah, sorry, you should ignore your children if they're trying to interrupt you in the middle of a hot date.
Speaker 6: That's really rue.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I don't answer, they're car Maybe if she gets a second child then she'll care less. Yeah, I just think maybe next time, if you're that worried about it, Jessica, you can just find a dog sitter.
Speaker 2: But it still doesn't warrant him ditching you at the end of the night. I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 3: I appreciate your opinion on that, Brook, but I really like to hear what alexis.
Speaker 4: I think it did not warrant him to leave you a note like that at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: Finally, a thought that makes sense on this show. Thank you, Alexis, You're welcome. Okay, So so wait, are we not going to tell her but in the future, maybe pay more attention.
Speaker 5: I think she should bring the dog to a dog friendly place.
Speaker 6: That could be a good day. I mean, that's all always an option.
Speaker 7: And look, Patrick, if you're willing to give her another chance, we would pay for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would be good to try her out with the dog to see if she's as distracted if the dog's with her.
Speaker 7: Yes, Alexis is going to tell you two reasons why you should say yes right now.
Speaker 5: Because Tavy's obviously cute.
Speaker 6: That's obvious.
Speaker 5: You owe her.
Speaker 6: Did you say one? And then b what's your second?
Speaker 5: Watch out doing this right now?
Speaker 6: I mean you can't say no that that logic.
Speaker 9: I am, I'm out. I'm out.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 9: Jessica is too high strung for me. I just it's not going to work.
Speaker 10: Oh man, oh my god, Patrick, thanks so much like for telling me the truth.
Speaker 3: Now I know why. I mean, I can just get back to the hundreds of other messages I got.
Speaker 9: You got hundreds, Okay, I don't think it's that much.
Speaker 6: Hey, if there's plenty of fish, it's definitely that much.
Speaker 1: She was in the back him for thirty minutes and it turned out to be ten. So I don't think we're judging your numbers.
Speaker 9: That's actually fair.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning, I.
Speaker 6: Can't believe we didn't get a yes for that.
Speaker 7: I thought for sure they'd be able to figure out a compromise between the two.
Speaker 2: I almost didn't think it was that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: Like, no, I mean, I agree with him that people should be able to just be on a date, for sure, but like there was no middle ground for either of them, right.
Speaker 7: I mean, she was a little bit stressed out being away from her cat for the first time.
Speaker 6: That's sorry, dog for the first time.
Speaker 7: That's totally understandable, And it's also understandable that he wants to have a girl pay attention to day. But you know, in strange, confusing times like this, I'm just so thankful that we have Alexis to help us make.
Speaker 6: Sense of everything.
Speaker 5: What would you guys do without me?
Speaker 6: And that I know Alexis share your wisdom. Please? Why is the dating world like this right now?
Speaker 4: Because people are people and that's how deep.
Speaker 2: You're just peopled so hard.
Speaker 6: I feel so much better now, Thank you, Alexi.
Speaker 9: Instead of emailing us African and Jeffery, just email Alexis your second date updates from now on.
Speaker 5: I don't email.
Speaker 6: Whatever you gotta do, Gross.
Speaker 7: Just reach out to the show in whatever way, and Alexis can save you.
Speaker 3: In your DAT.
Speaker 1: You don't have a success yet, but she will it's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: That's right, they didn't say no.
Speaker 7: Manifest that positivity and go check out all of our podcasts wherever you get yours, Abroke and Jeffrey