Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist. What is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: And make it brief.
Speaker 4: Well, we did the just stuff I look at. I look at a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: You do, look a lot of stuff? Kind of I would say, I look at a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: Man, check it out, check out, next question, next question.
Speaker 1: Keep it the internet.
Speaker 4: YouTube fail YouTube and put in fail compilation, and you'll have fun for so long.
Speaker 3: All right, and we're heading over and calms so fun, keep calming.
Speaker 4: There's like there's hundreds of them.
Speaker 3: There's hundreds of them. There's a bottomless trop there's dozens of in general.
Speaker 4: Check out, you dude, there's like hundreds of videos on there.
Speaker 1: The videos are on there and hundreds at least hundreds.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can watch it all day.
Speaker 1: Some failed videos on YouTube. YouTube fail videos.
Speaker 4: That's what Lady dancing who falls down? Okay, there's more than one. There's more than one. That's happened a lot.
Speaker 1: I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 4: Okay, no, but you guys have my videos.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so is it your such history? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Am I search history?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: My sarch history is always videos because okay, I don't know, because I'm a shut in. Yeah, all right, So we have shut ins, no offense taking some of the best of us on behalf of the shut ins none taken. All right, so great time, So shut in renaissance.
Speaker 1: You said two videos, and watch them both. The second one I think I immediately zoomed in on what you uh had in mind. The first one, I got to admit, I'm a little baffled by, uh.
Speaker 4: What the actual footage of Bigfoot?
Speaker 1: What it is is that?
Speaker 4: Where are you baffled? I guess you're baffled by the back I guess something forward, something that exists exists confusing.
Speaker 1: So, uh, suproducer Bay, are you able to bring up the first video LinkedIn act to under the heading crofton video block exclamation point. It is titled Paul Freeman big Foot Footage.
Speaker 4: I can give you a little background on it. Paul Freeman is this guy who is uh, he's like become known for this video he shot it in nineteen ninety four, and it's he'd been tracking Bigfoot for a long time and he one day he was hanging around this logging camp where he found some footprints and then he saw Bigfoot. I'm less less interested in the fact that he saw Bigfoot, and I'm more interested in what he said, there he goes and Jesus, because those are the two I have been saying those all the time now anytime I see anything, I go there, he goes Jesus. So this is I'm hoping this lend up on some soundboard for the daily guys. That's really what this is about. This is also extremely real and compelling bigfoot footage. And then the last like three weeks, I've gone fully I'm fully convinced that Bigfoot is real. And I mean that did seriously. Yeah, but but but but I fluctuate. Then you might catch me in a couple other weeks and I'll be like, you know, maybe, but right now I'm convinced. So anyway, Paul Paul Paul Freeman, nineteen ninety four, somewhere in Washington State.
Speaker 3: I think this was shot in downtown Chicago in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: And you can tell it's nineteen ninety four by Paul Freeman. Because it is copyright.
Speaker 4: Oh man, if you find Bigfoot, you get to copyright. I mean you slap a copy. People will say, oh, we copyrighted it. That means it's fake. That means just exactly blake.
Speaker 1: It seems like a POV shot taken from inside a Bigfoot costume. Like that was my first I was like, is this bigfoot? Like when he says big foot footage, is it bigfoot?
Speaker 4: We're really listening for?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: He goes, Jesus, this has nothing to do really with big Foot.
Speaker 1: He's just it's the ground.
Speaker 4: You can hear the brush popping, he says, I can hear the brush popping.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. Here we go, all right, and there we go, camera up and then there goes Bigfoot.
Speaker 4: Wait, there was you missed it?
Speaker 3: The two only good things I got it?
Speaker 1: There he goes.
Speaker 4: There go Jesus, can we take it back?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 4: He goes Jesus, because the rest of it is get up.
Speaker 3: Here not really a hill by the way, right, better.
Speaker 4: Listen. One of the requirements if you want to see Bigfoot you have to have COPD.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I'm like so worried about this guy's cardiovascular health.
Speaker 3: This guy has a wake apnea. What is going on?
Speaker 4: So that's it. It's it's really good footage. You have a bigfoot and and really, I mean it's I just was hoping we could get that, you know. There he goes, there, goes on a loop on a loop. He also says, I hear that brush popping, which I if we don't play it anymore, that's fine. But that's what you guys should look for. You should go on YouTube and put in like you know, it's put in any animal that you're looking for, and then you bigfoot or you know, you can find you can find any any animal, dog, yeah, crypto animals, you know, fake animal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Paul Freeman, famous bigfoot hunter. Is that what I'm to understand?
Speaker 4: And I mean yeah, he's just a persistent the guy who hangs around the woods, you know. And and and bigfoot is uh is like it looks just like a tree. I mean, it looks just like a tree. It's as tall as a tree too, so it hides out pretty well, you know. And and let's Chris, Yes, he didn't look that tall to me.
Speaker 1: That bigfoot didn't look that tall to me.
Speaker 4: Armchair, armchair quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: I just I would have shot him differently. I would have shot him from down down yea, yeah, maybe no.
Speaker 4: But I believe that is the most convincing because that guy is like not good running the camera. He's not. He's not like he's didn't get set himself up. Well, he's not like he's wheezing and heaving and everything and he can't. He's not like he's if he was faking mad, he would have probably composed himself a little bit right. But it is the exact same quality of image as the Bigfoot photograph that we're familiar with, Like it's just it's exactly that blurry. It feels like, yeah, I mean it's a even I just love looking at weird stuff. So I mean that to me is like I think that is a real Bigfoot and based on I mean, I've done a lot of research on this video. Like I don't just watch a video. I take a couple of days with a video and I find out about Paul Freeman and I get an idea of his character and stuff like that. So I understand, Jack, I agree, like you know, like you know, you know that's like whatever you said about it, well, no, yeah, whatever, disrespect you heaped on my friend Bigfoot. I've forgotten. But but but but anyway, the idea is that, yeah, these things look bad, but I mean Bigfoot does not does not look good. He's a shaggy Yeah, he's got kind of a small head. His head's not. His body's way bigger than his head. He has no yeah, they have no melogenic.
Speaker 1: The secret to being telegenic, they say, is having a head that's too big for your body. Like when you meet and covered, yes, and covered in hair, but you meet actors, they all have like massive heads. Like it's the first thing you notice about them is like, wow, your head is.
Speaker 4: You're You're right. So Bigfoot's gotten is working against the.
Speaker 1: Lot, working against the grain. He's got a lot going against.
Speaker 4: He's got a humongous body in a small head, which is terrible, lives in the woods.
Speaker 1: Looks like shiite, humongous body head. Look how fat.
Speaker 4: Quick shout out to Rocky Mountain Bigfoot. Uh if that's the correct sight. But there's one called Rocky Mountain Bigfoot where they have a video which I should have shown because I mean, this one turns out to be a dud. It seems like but you gotta we got to end up with the soundboard where the guy says that, because that's the part it's and that's why it's real. That guy is not if he was acting, he would have been My goodness, that thing is huge or whatever. Yeah, in studies, like and then he's like, I mean, do you think this guy, Paul Freeman doesn't wish he'd said something better than there?
Speaker 1: He goes Jesus genuinely scared when he says, Jesus.
Speaker 4: Well, he's a legit guy who spent spent most of his life just doing the standard plaster cast of of tracks, and then one day he got lucky, and then you know, and then he slaps the copyright on it, and then cue the haters, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, que the haters and que the money rolling in.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, but I've gotten deep into Rocky Mountain. I think it's Rocky Mountain. I'll look it up while we're talking. Uh, you know, but you guys are like, oh good, look it up.
Speaker 3: Well, while you're looking that up, Chris, how big would a bigfoot have to be for it to be as impressed as we want him to be? Like, you would have to be over seven foot, right, Like could there be a basket, Like, he can't be in the sixes as.
Speaker 1: Long as he looks as long as he is the size of somebody who when you meet them, you're like, did you sorry, I do have to ask, did you play basketball? You know?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, yeah, they he bigfoot needs to at least look like he hooped a little bit. Yeah, that's and.
Speaker 4: Like he was a drummer for the Allman Brothers band or something and.
Speaker 7: Not in that order.
Speaker 1: And for me to be honest, for me, that line is six foot four. That's after six foot six foot four. I'm like, so, did you play like basketball or like after six four is like pretty for me? Six four scans tall to me. Maybe it's because I live in Los Angeles and like they're you know.
Speaker 3: People are shorter in LA. And I do feel like I'm not just saying that, Yeah, they are shorter.
Speaker 4: They are seven feet you know, generally around seven. But then there's people who say there twelve feet. And that's when people get even bigfoot, people who believe in Bigfoot. It's everyone's picky about there, you know what I mean, Like they're like okay, yeah, they're like okay, like twink foot's real, but they're not twelve feet tall. There's a bunch of people who said they saw twelve feet foot tall bigfoot, so they obviously need a pair of glasses. Like they get really like they're like people are really people are really particular about their Yeah, things they don't believe in, and like even the things they do believe in, they're like, yeah, that's not a bigfoots are seven feet to eight feet tall, and these reports about twelve foot that's just someone who's drunk. Yeah, yeah, that's a personal just understand, but generally big fool.
Speaker 1: But this is.
Speaker 4: But I will say that arguing about how big Bigfoot is beats being a fascist any day of the week. So I am glad that there are people who are still, you know, concerned about how tall Bigfoot is instead of concerned with, like, you know, privatizing the post office.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, gotta do it, deregulate, Chris.
Speaker 4: Let's measure big foot have a big foot than big government.
Speaker 3: Can we say that that's my that's yeah.
Speaker 1: That's a great sticker, And that's the way is a libertarian, Chris, That's something I understand about.
Speaker 3: I'm not a Republican. I'm a libertarian. Oh correct, and I'm a libertarian.
Speaker 4: I wish there was I wish well. Actually I was about to say, I wish that you were a libertarian so we could I don't. Yeah, that doesn't make any sense at all. Ye, I was just say we could have a fight or something. But that's just me being caffeinated.
Speaker 1: Andrew. We do like to ask our guests, what's something from your search? History?
Speaker 5: History history, motherfuckers, get right? Yeah, I searched for well, so I went to five holiday parties but really Christmas parties in two no, three days? Whoa too much? And I also sort of volunteered to cook too much? And I added on an additional cooking thing yesterday for no real sensible reason. But the first one was some of my friends new friends Ish who moved here from London. So they're fucking English as fuck. Yeah, they had a Christmas roast.
Speaker 1: Are they new Ish or they're your friend's Ish?
Speaker 7: No, they're new Ish friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, very nice? Yeah, okay, but there you know they've they've only been.
Speaker 5: Here a year and change.
Speaker 1: I think I just wanted to clarify for their sake, because in these that you're friends with similar age.
Speaker 3: The red coats that you're friends with lobster bags.
Speaker 5: So yeah, i'd say probably, I don't actually know they're They're not like good enough friends that I know everyone's age.
Speaker 3: No, that's not true.
Speaker 5: I went to a birthday party that I didn't pay attention to what was happening.
Speaker 3: Actually, one of them said, candles. To be honest, there is an age okay, dispeedibly in age.
Speaker 5: I just don't remember it. But I thought I would get cute and make a English trifle okay for dessert. And then I just because I clearly have too much time on my hands, I thought, oh, instead of doing just fucking pudding, I'll like get this stuff. And this is where my searchestor comes in, called bird's custard powder, which is the shit you're supposed to use to make English trifle. It's that kind of it's thinner than pudding, and it comes in a little you.
Speaker 7: Know, it's powder.
Speaker 5: It's basically cornstarch and another stabilizer powder. And what I learned about myself and America and the rest of the world because I made a badge and I did not realize that because America is America and the rest of the world is the rest of the world. Bird's custard is not inherently sweetened, Like it has fanilla flavoring, but no sugar in it, so it is not sweetened. And I just assume every other prepack mix in America, even shit you don't want to have sugar, has a fuckload of sugar in it. So this was disgusting, and I ruined my first batch of trifle, which was like, honestly like kind of a lot of ingredients when.
Speaker 1: It So it's disgusting, But you made it the way that it was intended to be made or.
Speaker 5: No, I just didn't. I was just like, obviously, this has sugar in it.
Speaker 4: It's a mix, okay.
Speaker 5: So I just I just kind of like skimmed it. And I didn't clock that you're basically supposed to put in as much sugar as powder.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: This is also fucked up when you think about a box of jella and it was the final result of that was still less.
Speaker 3: Sweet than just like your average jello pudding. Like, yeah, you like, is that do you enjoy cooking or is this something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm pretty I'm pretty pretty good at like the big a big cooking thing, like doing a lot of stuff. So also on yesterday, that was Friday, and then yesterday I made lasagna for my friend's lasagna party, which was too much. And then because I had borrowed the trifle dish in the first place, and I was going to return it to my friend, and I still had a fuckload of bird's custard powder and like all this milk that I didn't really want around, I made another trifle and put it in the dish to return it.
Speaker 1: Now, what is the I actually looked up what a trifle was like over the weekend for some reason, like my kids, maybe there was a song that mentioned the trifle or something like that. I forget why, but we were looking trifling.
Speaker 3: It's bills, bills, bills. Yeah, okay, that's right.
Speaker 1: We were listening to bills, bill bills.
Speaker 5: So that was the other thing that I didn't search but I probably should have, which is, how does fucking trifling derive? Presumably from trifle, because the trifle, as far as I can tell, is humongouss and labor intensive, and I mean, it's ultimately not my favorite, but trifling seems much worse than that. And and there's a smallness implied in trifling.
Speaker 3: It's flavor.
Speaker 1: It's a mere trifle, but a mere trifle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this trifle dish was like easily a gallon worth of putting whipped cream, cake, port jam and fruit.
Speaker 7: Wow, it's fucking crazy.
Speaker 5: I put in I got.
Speaker 3: Costco alcohol on Jesus Christ blake, which, yeah, like Custard's last stand over there. Yeah, call your co host an alcoholic. Is this something that you called Miles a drug addic? Huh, because he is one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can anyway, that's a that's a fucking trible trifle. Is just like a big ass, fucking custardy mess. It's good, I think, but it is one of those things where you're like, this is this is fucking ridiculous. I guess it's most similar to like a pre made strawberry shortcake in flavor profile, you know, like the like kind of like when you buy of a strawberry shortcake that's been sitting in a in a cooler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just remember what it was. It's a book called children's book called The Worst Children, Part two the World's Worst Children Too, And it talked about a baby that eats a trifle and they make it seem like it's a big, a big amount of thing that he's eaten. Which, yeah, that that's why I looked it up. I was like, wait, does a trifle like big?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was having the same exact experience with you via David Williams is the World's Worst Children Too.
Speaker 7: We're gonna do.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna if you're on YouTube and you're getting a preview, but this is like, you know, the closest size comparison that you make.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what made.
Speaker 1: Damn So this one's not going up on YouTube, but uh I wish it was now because I was a beautiful, beautiful cake.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not.
Speaker 5: It's just like a huge It's just like if a pudding like like putting in cake was in a gallon. It's like literally a gallon. It's so so much of the ship. Yeah, yeah, you got to be a real, real British lad, a little little lord to enjoy this?
Speaker 1: Was it? Do you think that they were like originally like Trifle being small was like sarcastic trying to figure out how they got there.
Speaker 3: British sense the humor, for sure, that is something very funny, underrated.
Speaker 8: Underrated, honestly wandering around in Target, which Target does not want me to do because they have locked everything up and it used to be like a nice experience. You guys, please be proud of me. I just let my prime, my Amazon Prime lapse laps, so I'm I'm out of the club. But like, you can't go to Target and just like buy the stuff you need because everything is locked. They don't hire anyone anymore, so there's no one on the floor. So you press the button to get like or the buzzer to like get an employee to come out. No one shows up, so you just stand there for ten fifteen minutes, right, and it's just like, what what are we what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: So I'm understaffing our stores and then you know, they have to deal with the consequences the people on the floor, not us, the people who make the decisions about how much to staff them. So to answer your question, you just answer. So that's just as a Target Target executive, like, that's what we're doing. It works out fucking great for us in our shareholders. So thank you for asking, no further answer.
Speaker 8: No further answers. Having like, so there's three armed guards at my Target specifically who.
Speaker 1: Just stand there. Yeah, you're going.
Speaker 8: People are being paid. So that's like a couple hundred dollars an hour that they're paying this for this contract, right, Like not the employees aren't getting that obviously. The arm guards are not getting a couple of hundred dollars an hour, but like the contract.
Speaker 7: Get more normal security because they're armed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, exactly, so they're getting the.
Speaker 1: Company probably gets more. Whoever employees my.
Speaker 7: Contract, I actually make more for like unarmed security gigs. Right, But anyway, they're spending money on armed security.
Speaker 8: Instead of on employees, and so there's no and so I'm just like what, I don't I don't know what I'm supposed to do anymore. This is like part of my life for like over a decade, just like wandering around Target and it was like kind of pleasant, and now it's just like.
Speaker 3: I don't Yeah, I miss it.
Speaker 8: We think you're stealing stuff. Get out, like okay, I just won't be here.
Speaker 7: But surely you've heard of the crime wave that's sweeping the nation. And I have.
Speaker 8: Heard of this crime wave. Yes, yes, I've.
Speaker 7: Noticed that it's down.
Speaker 8: Your visual down now it's down.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean that's if you look at the data.
Speaker 3: If you don't look at data.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, if you look at some of these is going wild.
Speaker 7: If you see some of the ship that Elon retweets, I would I wouldn't even go outside to get my newspaper.
Speaker 8: I haven't seen what he's retweeting because I'm.
Speaker 7: Not, But you know what I mean, that ship that like where people clearly who like don't actually live in any sort of like area where there's any sort of diversity or anything. They they whatever, it goes viral on Twitter, like and that's earth right now.
Speaker 8: Ring cam footage, It's like, there's right, that's not that's not tip. Ringcam footage cannot be like we can we can't extrapolate anything from that. It's a one off situation.
Speaker 1: Like everywhere by yeah. Yeah, it's like the everybody's like the drivers in Russia are fucking crazy, bro, and it's like, no, Russia just has that video. Yeah, dash Russia has a lot that every car needs to have a dash cam video and so or a dash dashcam camera. That's redundant. Every car needs to have a dash can and so there, so they're getting every accident and you're just getting every single one of them pipes directly to you by the algorithm machine. The same shit is happening with crime in America and wind cams and we're just people.
Speaker 7: Where was that ship? When I was playing basketball during nutrition in high school, I twisted this one kid up so bad with a crossover. There were no cameras, I know, but if there was, we could we could just zero in on that and you would might you might think I had a good handle. I do not, Tony.
Speaker 1: What's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 8: The seasonal Frosty's and like the limited time kind.
Speaker 7: Of oh, like a Wendy's Frosty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like the Wendy's Frosty's, and like the limited time desserts that like McDonald's.
Speaker 1: I don't know, they're not doing it for you this year or you just don't like them in concept.
Speaker 7: They really fell off.
Speaker 8: I don't They're just not good. Like so I saw that they were doing the like salted caramel frosty and I was like, oh, I love salted caramel ice cream. I'm gonna go check this out. It was atrocious, like not not eatable. It's for it's for children, I think between the ages of eight and thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, were like just taste like it's for children between the ages of eight and thirteen.
Speaker 8: It's because I have children between the ages of the I fucking love it, like and the Grimace shake. I'm like having to pick this up every day after soccer camp. Was like, I mean, I'm like, these are so badhake. Did you try to It tasted blueberry ish to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was like a blueberry It was like a blueberry milkshake. It was like a mix between a blueberry smoothie and the milkshake. I actually kind of fucked with it, but I yeah, I've never seen a product look less interesting. Like the concept of a salty caramel smoothie or a salty caramel frosty could be good if you were like drizzling salted caramel on a regular frosty or something. This was just like a light a bright yellow frosty. It's like, why is it so yellow? Guys, it's weird nasty.
Speaker 7: They looked like it was sweet if it's not fluorescent right, fluorescent color?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it looks like a dull web was into it.
Speaker 8: Yes, it was super straight, like the color was not was very off putting. It sort of like if you blended a like a slice of pumpkin pie without the crust was sort of the color of mine. Yeah, and it was just way too sweet. There was no there was no salt involved, and it was I was just disappointed. Yeah, guys, this could be good.
Speaker 1: Do better. What do you think of the Shamrock shake again?
Speaker 7: It's it's okay, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 1: It's like, I don't I recognize as a objective, like out completely out of context. I would be like, why did you make a toothpaste milkshit? Like this is a bad idea, but in season, like I do have memories of being like this, this is magical.
Speaker 7: Well this is bra is my Irish heritage. Yeah, but you didn't become fully cynical then. I mean, but that was.
Speaker 1: Like high school. I had it in high school and I was just like the combination of like the green and you know, yeah combination made my eyes. Sham rock shake with McDonald's fries. Yeah, So I don't know, I I get it. I don't. The salted caramel frosty just was was a big whiff for me, just not even like I didn't try it, but just seeing the ads and they are all over like sports, right, now it just doesn't didn't look that good again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, adamn.
Speaker 1: Pie based like a you know, pie based milkshakes, the shakesheck does those really well? Like where you have like little chunks of like Graham cracker, you got to have texture. That's yeah, it's all about texture, like the when you're talking salted car like drizzle it drizzle it just a little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely want to see. There's a local spot here in Portland called Burgerville and they do much better dessert type things than they have and their stuff is very seasonal, but it's it's all from like local spots, so they're like very intentional about that. Miles, when you were in Seattle and you went to Dix, I was like, oh my gosh, I gotta get Miles to Burgerville because if you like Dix, you're gonna love Burgerville.
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, next time in Portland, I'll hit you up.
Speaker 8: Definitely. It's great. But their little desserts are great and they'll do yeah, they'll do like you know, angel food cake in the in the summertime when strawberries are in season, so it'll be like a little angel food like cake shake things.
Speaker 7: Oh oh yeah, what about Portland though they fucking oh yeah, we fuck.
Speaker 8: With food and it's great.
Speaker 7: It's amazing, like even to the detriment of the business, like it'll be so specific like we might not last till next and we did it, but we is clear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I love it.
Speaker 7: Shout out to the lower like property rental rates because I think that's it really enables that kind of entrepreneurship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we get a lot of like like food tourism, so people like fly up from like the Bay Area or come down from Seattle like for the weekend just to eat because we have like there's a spot that's down the street from me. It's called EM and it's time. It's barbecue. That that white barbecue brisket curry.
Speaker 1: That white curry.
Speaker 7: Like life changing, so fucking good, so good, and they're and they're blended drinks too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not mad at them. H We have lots of good food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so much.
Speaker 7: EM is like I always go to eat when I'm important.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, it's it's a must go to con if you haven't gone yet. The new Pati restaurant. Uh huh, that's good ship. This episode is amazing. You guys love it.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about more culinary delights in Portland. We'll hear right back, and we're back and real quick. Trump seems to be doing either either. He's doing something intentionally with his hair that suggests that he is like kind of a changed person who doesn't who no longer gives a ship, who's just like, I'm fucking president, I don't care what.
Speaker 8: Throw a break up, you guys. This is how we know that.
Speaker 1: He's like, how do you guys like it?
Speaker 7: I got a curtain, bangs happened.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 7: You know, I've always wanted him, I've always but I just figured I needed to change.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is a new haircut, because like he's definitely been pictured like this while golfing and like wandering around mar Lago before.
Speaker 1: But is he like more consistently just rolling out with his hair like kind of slicked back.
Speaker 7: I don't know. I mean, it's it's hard to know. It's it's fucking hard to know with this dude. Like half the time it's like an accident. Other times, maybe Barren was like gassing him up. He's like, yeah, Dad, that ship looks fucking rizzed up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you have you have you heard of s curl?
Speaker 7: Oh my god. Okay, anyway, I don't know. I don't know what's going on. It's a sign of things to come. It slicked back as though or that's maybe more pushed back, doesn't it's blown back.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well it looks like, yeah, it looks like he was out in a hurricane and like.
Speaker 7: Jon Voight like really like in really bad shape.
Speaker 1: Like he really looks a lot like a toad in this picture with just like kind of little hair on top. Anyway, it's not great. I'm worried about our president. Guys. He looks like he's not Joe Biden him our president, not your.
Speaker 3: President of the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do wonder if we're just going to have two consecutive terms of brain meltage, like is truck because we saw him doing on the trail, right, he's definitely on a downward trend. Biden was also heading into his But like, I just wonder how pronounced it's going to be, because like the Biden fall off was pretty closely contained until the debate. You know, it was like he would he would say weird ship, he would like get lost on stage.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I think we knew.
Speaker 7: I mean we knew.
Speaker 1: To say Trump is like not, He's not going to have people around him who can, you know, canin him or tell him shit, Like truly, nobody can tell this guy ship at this point. Yeah, and it'll be it'll be interesting to see if he just starts wandering mar Lago with like a golf shirt, hair pushed back, underpants and that's like a.
Speaker 7: Preschooler addressing themselves for some ship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, does anyone know where Laurah Lumer is? Second question?
Speaker 1: That's where he's just walking out of a from a meeting, Oh my god, meeting.
Speaker 7: During my my illness, I had the most intense dream about Laura Lumer.
Speaker 1: And that's how you know you were on death.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's how I knew I was fucked up off these I don't know what the fuck was going on. I remember going. I was like walking through this house and I heard someone crying. I opened a door and Laura Lumor was laying down like you know, like a bedroom, and she was surrounded. This is how vivid it was by these little baby like black widow spiders like they had like basically cocoon dam around And I was like, yo, what the like as if she'd been laying there for years, you know what I mean. The spider's like, fucking we live around you now. And then I was like, excuse me this lady. And it was Laura Lumer like, oh shit she was. She was like, oh my, he's like what's going on. I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, thing's going on?
Speaker 4: Go back to I remember.
Speaker 7: I remember I told Hi, I'm like, maybe you should just like not be so hateful as ship. That might just help you out. Look, that's my one piece of advice. And she said, this is how this how she goes that is such a good point. See, it's the brown people that aren't virgins that have good things to say. And I was like, yo, what the fuck is and I said and I slammed the fucking door.
Speaker 4: On her and I kept it moving.
Speaker 1: Wow. And I remember it was more mad Geist than me. Man, I do not dream about these people.
Speaker 7: I don't know what it was almost, but it was just so weird. I was like, what the fuck. I'm like, no, no, I'm like, go chill with your fucking black widow spiders. And then I got mad at myself for even talking to Laura Lumer in the dream I.
Speaker 1: Like this, she was gassing you up a little bit, like this guy fucks.
Speaker 7: It's so weird take, I know, but it still had to be like this backhanded like racist there.
Speaker 1: And racism, but also being I'm like, see, I can tell you, and that's why I want you as part of my team. All right, let's talk about Gates real quick. Yeah, so the last few months, it sounded like the House Ethics Committee was not going to release the Matt Gates Report, the one that got him basically, you know, shit canned from being Attorney General just based on you know, party line votes, and you know, everybody cocooning around being like we got.
Speaker 7: Deteckedorie Taylor Green.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, oh you want.
Speaker 7: Him all of us, And you're like what, yes.
Speaker 1: It that one of the strangest flexes where she's like Republicans, my fellow Republicans, if you out him, I'm going to tell everyone what awful perverted shit you all do. Is this thing on?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 1: Is this thing? Am I talking into a microphone?
Speaker 7: Oh shit?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But anyways, it now seems like the report will be released before Congress goes on their holiday break, after they voted in secret this month.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so CNN or I think CNN maybe did the first reporting that, like, hey they just they did a secret vote and it's dropping. And I think the surprising thing here is like you're saying, Jack, like, based on party line votes, they were blocking this ship. But now sounds like a few Republicans are like, man, fuck it, bro let this dickhead get his and have switched sided with the Democrats and they had the votes to release it. Gates's response to the news is holy shit, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Very normal. I'm very normal behavior, very normal behavior.
Speaker 7: So this is just based on him hearing that the ethics report is going to be announced.
Speaker 4: He said the Biden Guard.
Speaker 7: This is from his Twitter because now they let you post like seven thousand words. He basically said, I was charged with nothing, fully exonerated. First of all, you weren't charging it because they were investigating you. That doesn't mean you were exonerated. So let's let's put.
Speaker 1: All it's just a lie. There's nothing I mean yet I get.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know. It's like Schrodinger's like ethics report basically not even a campaign finance violation. And the people investigating investigating me hated me.
Speaker 1: They were like, I like the big denial and then picking a very specific thing and being like I didn't even do that thing. I wasn't being investigated for.
Speaker 7: Then the very quote witnesses djan DJ deemed not credible were assembled by House Ethics to repeat their claims absent any cross examination or challenge for me or my attorneys. I've had no chance to ever confront any accusers. I've never been charged, I've never been sued. Instead, how House Ethics will reportedly post to report online that I have no opportunity to debate or Rebut as a former member of the body in my single.
Speaker 1: This is where it gets wild in my single days, This is where the background changes, Like so that part was like, you know, like very serious music and then this party like kind of chan to like a fun party vibe.
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly. Now you can kind of hear like something in the background, like all right, So first up, in my single days, I often set funds to women I dated, even some I.
Speaker 2: Never dated, but who asked? I dated several of these women for years. I never had sexual contact with someone under eighteen. Any claim that I have would be destroyed in court, which is why no such claim has ever been made in court.
Speaker 4: My thirties.
Speaker 2: We're an era of working very hard. Oh and playing hard too. It's embarrassing, though not criminal.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna end that there. It's embarrassing, though not criminal, that I probably partied, woman eyed, drank, and smoked more than I should have earlier in life. I live a different life now. And then the last part, but at least I didn't vote for CRS that fuck over the country. That's it the end.
Speaker 1: CRS is like something.
Speaker 7: No continuing continuing resolution. Oh is a CR. That's like basically they're voting for to avert the government. That he's just talking about a stupid thing, to avert a go. He's basically saying like, oh, at least I didn't vote to a vertic government shut down, is what he's saying. Because it's like the hyper maga take on what Speaker Johnson is trying to do to avoid a shutdown. Oh wow, he's just flexing really hyper magacred at the end, which is so weird. Again, I like you said, oh, sorry, I partied like a fucking child sex trafficker. I said, like one, Okay, that doesn't mean I am one. And then at the end, it's really tearing telling when you end it for like, at least I didn't vote for like dude, when you say at least I blah blah blah as a rebuttal to someone's accusations, that's your and then you pivot to what about.
Speaker 1: Ism and you want to children knows this move of at least I'm at least I didn't steal the fucking cookie. And it's like, oh, well, that's not what we were talking about. So you just admitted to the thing that that you were doing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that we were talking about.
Speaker 4: He's I'm not crying.
Speaker 7: At least I didn't pee my pants, like and you're like, wait, so you are crying.
Speaker 3: But pants, Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's it's Normal's Matt Gates is so unwell, Like seriously, first of all, I just have to say, who goes to their cosmetic surgeon's office and is like, you know what, give me the Charlie Kirk. I need that like big head, small face energy.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 8: It's so strange to me that I'm like, you're it's he keeps doing it, but but you know, more serious, take.
Speaker 1: My face off and shrink and then put it back off.
Speaker 7: But also make make my eyebrows look like the make evil McDonald's arches like makes my eyebrows with Mike Jack Nicholson's and the McDonald's eye arches. I'm like, it's just.
Speaker 8: Like, you have poor judgment in every area of your life. Who you party with, you're plastic surgeon. The fact that you're like in congress, well he's not anymore, which is kind of amazing. Is that a small miracle?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: He's not in Congress right now? But like, yeah, the pivot at the I don't know. It kind of reminded me of the thing that jay Z wrote the other day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, one red cent.
Speaker 8: It's like, okay, who are.
Speaker 1: You red scent?
Speaker 7: What do you about to call the pinkertons on someone break a railroad strike or something. They won't get one red scent out of me.
Speaker 8: That was that was literally the first thing I thought. It was just like, oh my god, this is like jay Z could have written this thing. He's like, I didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 7: I didn't have that on my BINGO card for Matt Gates. Uh, but yeah, I think for a lot of people, you know, like that, Andyone's like it might be a big nothing burger, let's remind ourselves of what would even be in said report. So again, according to the committee, the report contains its findings regarding allegations that Gates had quote engaged in sexual misconduct or illicit drug use, shared inappropriate images or videos on the House floor, misused state identification records, converted campaign funds to personal use, and or accepted a bribe, improper gratuity or impermissible gift. Again, all in violation of House rulds. So you think he resigns suddenly out of nowhere if that report says we couldn't find anything that remotely looks like the allegation, the.
Speaker 8: Report exonerated him, So that's why he resigned.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Clearly the entire administration made up of sexual predators was like a little rich, well spicy for our blood.
Speaker 7: Chip.
Speaker 1: Probably let's get that.
Speaker 8: He should have put in the Trump like it was a perfect report and it doesn't need and it just needs to go away, like I did nothing wrong. It was a perfect.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he has no he has no like political capital to do that. So it just has to be like, well, if he c didn't over the country.
Speaker 8: It's like not related.
Speaker 7: Guy, go do your reservoir dogs cosplay for your fucking marketing shoot for your new NEWSMAC show. He'll be fine because you all get to fail upward into heaven.
Speaker 1: Failing upward to heaven. Amen, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about bad Christmas songs. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back and just.
Speaker 1: Checking in because we have like kind of averted our eyes from the right a little bit since the election, just because we're like, oh, they're probably having a cool party over there, and just don't I don't want to see it, and we're not gonna There was the Trump advisor who passed out on stage, seemed to be having a serious medical issue. I don't think we want to like kind of point and laugh at that one.
Speaker 9: But here it is, I'm hearing it is that we're not going to point less, but I do want to just look at this one anti lgbt Q plus uh senator from Tennessee, Uh where it's the.
Speaker 1: State House guy and uh he is is just like one of the one of the worst, the Senator Ken Yeger. He has regularly used his power to make life harder for poor and LGBTQ people as a way to make up for a lifetime of you know, just being being him.
Speaker 4: I'm in Tennessee right now. Tennessee's forty ninth, forty eighth, forty seventh, and infant mortality, Mother mortality reading comprehension. Yeah, every it's these these these people in in uh in in office in Tennessee have done nothing but just steal money and and and and defund public programs to and it, you know, to the point where Tennessee, I mean, is just a mess.
Speaker 1: And this guy yeah, yeah, so this is this is just him, you know, on his I don't I don't know where they kind of found him, but he did get pulled over under suspicion of a dui. And I do really respect the police for going through with the field sobriety test. Once you see this guy that, they're still like, well, better see if this guy's drunk or not.
Speaker 4: They're probably his friend. They're like rooting for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, come on, man, just just walm god, he stopped pissing. Yeah, all right, let's let's check out the video and then we'll describe it to people who aren't watching. Uh So, he has been. He stands there with his hands behind his back like this is gonna be easy as hell, uh, and begins to piss his pants. And they are khakis, so it's not subtle.
Speaker 3: You don't want to piss those job on the.
Speaker 4: Line walking though he's really cleaning there.
Speaker 1: He's doing a great I think we froze. I think that's why he appears to be doing a good job.
Speaker 3: He also pointed at the line as if it moved as he was trying to walk across the line. He points at it and moved the line.
Speaker 4: And people listening and not watching. He is pissing this whole time he's walking, and it's getting.
Speaker 1: It's so big. It starts just in the place where your pants would be normally a normal pair of pants would be pissed.
Speaker 10: And then it starts his entire left leg. Yeah, gravity takes over. It is great, actually spreading up to his He's wearing a turtle neck and it's spreading up his neck.
Speaker 1: He blake, it's a really good point there. There is a point at the end where he turns around and we we don't get to hear what exactly he's saying, but he does point to the line as though it has been moved on him or something like, what the fuck.
Speaker 3: Was that it's drawn on the ground.
Speaker 1: That line's wobbly as hell, Doug Jesus lies anyways, that line is, that line is woke. We we don't need to wallow in the humiliation of this loser. But at the same time, it's it's just this is this is who we're dealing with.
Speaker 4: Well, this is what Nazis did to Nazis partied. That's all this is is losers partying. This is people, the world's most charmless people, creating a space where they can just get drunk all the time. That's what fascism really is. Yeah, and this guy is a perfect example. He's supposed to be a lawmaker. I mean he's he's like seventy years old, and he's he's like a seventeen year old. He's dressed like a seventeen year old. Is he's partying instead of I mean, he's pissing all over the place, And it's just like it's just the banality of evil. But the banality of evil. Evil is pissing your pants, you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yeah, pissing your pants as you're doing the Duy test.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and being like everybody pisses their pants, American, I'm pissing your pants.
Speaker 1: Your line is not regulation. That is not a regulation line that you're making me walk.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's I truly believe there's nothing wrong with enjoying the shit out of this. I really believe that you got Honestly, if you're like, oh, I don't want to laugh at someone else's expense, we need to take the higher ground, we don't. This is something you need to enjoy because it's so great. Yes, it's so This is one of the few great things. And it wouldn't be.
Speaker 4: If he was some guy who was not in power, then this would be sad. But instead, instead it's not sad because this guy you.
Speaker 1: Don't make it.
Speaker 4: You're not supposed to. You're supposed to be self aware enough to know that if you are an alcoholic, you shouldn't run for office, and if you're an alcoholic, you shouldn't. It doesn't you know, even if you're driving car, you just shouldn't. Yeah, there's just a certain amount. None of the qualities of a leader include being drunk and pissing your pants when you're seventy wearing kids clothes. He's dressed like he's he's supposed to be delivering the paper.
Speaker 3: He is wearing a propeller hat as well. We should point that out.
Speaker 7: He does.
Speaker 1: He's wearing a or a you know, fleece with a hoodie.
Speaker 4: He probably came back to he just was at an axe throwing bar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Finally this morning I was introduced to Bertie Higgins. I had heard the song, but what's it? What is it? Key Largo? Look, we had it all. Yeah, we had it all, just like Bogee and becall that one. Yeah, I didn't know who sang that. It's like kind of rock vibes. Bertie Higgins, B E. R. T I E. Higgins and Chris you fat okay done this clip of him like as that song is being recorded like not to be released.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's what they say in the clip, but he's not there. He's lips thinking that this is a this is a PM magazine. If you're like my age, which is you know, forty two, uh then you fifty five. If you're fifty five, you remember PM magazine. It was like you know, when they were Fortune Annals, they had a nightly It was like an entertainment news magazine like and they just.
Speaker 3: Come out in the evening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they did features on the Yes, and they did PM. Yes, and they did features and they.
Speaker 3: And they did features.
Speaker 4: They did features on whatever the top top entertainer entertainers were And this was a big smash hit. This was like a number one hit or a number So they went and sent a camera crew to Chattanooga. That's where we recorded this, right and anyway.
Speaker 1: PM Magazine they used to call shows like sixty minutes magazine, right, news magazines, right, Yes, So that's what that's what we were like, that's sixty minutes.
Speaker 4: That's what we referred to them too. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I used to work for one Prime Live with Diane Sawyer.
Speaker 4: Really, how how is she?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: She was always very nice and drank an incredible number of diet Cokes every day. It was it was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.
Speaker 4: I'm not mad at her.
Speaker 1: Well, I was not a little known fact. And Richard Nixon got into the helicopter after giving the two piece fingers, after resigning the person one of the people in the helicopter, I think there were like two people, his wife and Diane swear who was really his speech right to do that.
Speaker 4: That's so crazy. Anyways, Okay, so Bertie Higgins. Bertie Higgins had a hit, big hit soft rock hit called Argo and it's he was looking at you kid anyway. But it turns out behind the scenes, this guy was a wreck. And I actually know his whole biography because this is another thing, you know, I'll watch a video like this and then I'll do some heavy you know, heavy lifting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I intentionally did not. I had the urge to be like, all right, what, like how long did this guy make it?
Speaker 4: Because he recovered, he recovered. It turns out all of it got sober. Yeah, all of his antics. It turns out he had a horrible drinking problem, which explains all this stuff that I had a feeling, Chris, And this is such a long Yeah, this is such a long interview and it gets way too in depth. That's that's what's really funny about this is it's way too in depth. And it also shows you the inside of the recording studio in nineteen eighty one in Chattanooga.
Speaker 1: That hair styles, Yeah, it's supposed to be a puff piece, and he is just letting some of the most pitched.
Speaker 4: That I mean, this song is I like this song.
Speaker 1: It's a cheesy song.
Speaker 4: He should be like yeah, and he should have just been like yeah, rocks and we had a great time recording it. But instead they just let the camera roll forever and then they put it all on the air. I mean, this is stuff that would definitely be cut out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now let's go forty tape Rower Pyramid Studios.
Speaker 7: Lookout mountain.
Speaker 1: They've been watching rolling being.
Speaker 7: Recorded for what has become one of the hottest records of the year, the song.
Speaker 1: Can we skip forward to forty seconds?
Speaker 4: Everyone who works in the studio is a sheep dog.
Speaker 7: It's the record songwriter Bertie Higgins, and what Bertie thinks about you guys.
Speaker 4: Gotta look at this. This is like an all timer for me, the whole thing. Just go watch this with your family for Christmas instead of that electric you'll loss, okay.
Speaker 1: I mean the voice of an angela.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 6: I had gone through an emotional fall. A lady who I loved very much had left me after living with her for almost five years in Florida. And we were both into old films at that time in Florida, and we'd curl up on Friday Saurday night the only time he had a twenty four hour TV down there and watch him and Bogert McCall was your favorite.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not the best part, but it's the beginning. Okay. He's talking about his relationship and they play a little more of the song. A right, and he's back.
Speaker 1: Are we gonna go Should we skip forward to four thirty five or where?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, he's about to say something real good, right, Okay, okay, gotta god here it comes it all?
Speaker 7: Yeah one time?
Speaker 4: Oh wait, we missed it?
Speaker 1: He said, did you have it all?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I've been around on the earth a while, and I never thought I.
Speaker 3: Could feel that.
Speaker 6: And the fact that I felt that just absolutely. I mean, I was married before that, I had a couple of children, and I wasn't very very much pain about that.
Speaker 7: And that's it.
Speaker 4: I was married before I had a couple of children.
Speaker 1: I never married before I had a couple of children. I never felt that. Unbelievable, all right, that's okay.
Speaker 4: The next part is just the four minute part, is when he says, uh, it's just another way to in depth thing. It's him and the girl who wrote the song about and she we don't have Yeah, if we if we're trying to, but it's worth watching this whole video because it's the biggest overshare in history. They're trying to promote a song and end up that the studio guys basically say at some point in that video like we didn't even need the song. We have a promotion machine here that can make any song a hit. It doesn't even matter if it's good. And like Bernie Higgins is like in the other part of the room being like, Hi, you know, yeah, it's it's just such a fucking heck. It's like this film. It's a ruder film.
Speaker 1: Except about rock.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, yeah. By the way, he has two kids, one named Julian, which is a human name, and the other named Diesel Boy. And I might go, either, is that really And I'm like, wait, did he name his son Diesel Boy? And it's actually Diesel Boy is actually a Diesel man. He's fifty two and a DJ of course, so that was the other way of that. It could so right, either in a blackout in the he might have or he was named Diesel Boy and Diesel maybe it's just Diesel Diesel.
Speaker 4: Was that his real name?
Speaker 3: I mean he was the Birth Records yeah, which I don't have time to do speaking for myself.
Speaker 1: God, to just be like in a in an interview and be like I had two kids, like I've never felt something like a love like this is so wild.
Speaker 4: Oh no, there's Diesel boy.
Speaker 1: Diesel Boy. He looks like a pretty regular DJ.
Speaker 3: Yeah at the timely abnormal human, but a regular DJ.
Speaker 1: Yeah. At the time of that interview, this young man was nine years old. Then he was like, yeah, I never felt anything like the love I felt for this lady, for this lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My old my wife and my kids never did it for me, but this lady did.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The lord, this lady whose name escapes me.
Speaker 1: She comes in at the end and they're like, why did you leave him? She's like, why do I leave them? Many many reasons.
Speaker 4: I think the four minute mark he talks about being in jail. He does.
Speaker 1: He says, he says, I was like jail, jail a couple year.
Speaker 4: For two years or something. He lorady said, for not that long.
Speaker 1: I know guys like this, so I was not shocked supposed to jail for not that long.
Speaker 4: Because he realized, what the hell is happening?
Speaker 1: What the hell is happening in jail.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, at some point you realize when you're on a podcast and you're oversharing, that's what's happening to him.
Speaker 1: He's like, you know, it's why he's.
Speaker 4: Like, when I was in jail for not that long, What the hell's going on? What are we doing here?
Speaker 3: The bandslaughter was involuntary. It wasn't that long.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Berdie Higgins. And then there's a great video for the song Key Largo. The video is great too, because he's supposed to be in a yacht and it's a small fishing boat, so he's like supposed to be He's supposed to be in a yacht, but I don't know if they couldn't they couldn't get it. And the boat he's in. The boat he's in with the woman. You know, it's him and a girl, like out on a date on a boat, and it's supposed to be like, oh, what I wish I had his life, you know, in Key Largo, and it's this fishing boat that's getting jostled a lot by the camera. Boat's wake water and then he's smoking the whole time. Yeah, and smoking in a little boat. I mean, if you're smoking in a huge yacht. I could see how that could be a power move, but smoking in a little boat makes you look like what he was and I'm still alcoholic.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, you're probably smuggling living cargo.
Speaker 4: It's a great video. It's a great video, So the video over Q logo. If you don't feel like spending ten minutes and finding out the real misery behind that song and you want to just enjoy a really fucked up video, try the video.
Speaker 1: If a great Oh my god, all right, that's gonna do it. For this week's weekly Zeitgeist, please like and review the show. If you like, the show means the world to Miles. He he needs your validation, folks. I hope you're having a great weekend, and I will talk to him Monday. By