Speaker 1: That's okay, because no one here is.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome back to teen Beat with Danielle Fischele, a show where I, Danielle Fischele, invite interesting people to finally return a favor and share their awkward teenage stories with me, a former child actor who already lived out her own moments of puberty in front of millions of TV viewers. And so I look at it like this. I gave you my childhood. It's time we hear yours. And this week I'm chatting to a reality television phenomenon, an actress, a singer, a podcaster and author, a mother, and a former bar hostess who somehow flipped her struggling Hollywood dreams into an empire bigger than she ever could have imagined. Her time on vander Pump Rules threw her into the spotlight, but it's her dedication to turn lemons into lemonade that made her a long term fan favorite and the star of another show, Bravo's The Valley, which she currently calls home alongside best friend and crucial piece of the Scanned of All Puzzle, Tom Schwartz. She's as open on social media as a Chinese restaurant on Christmas, candid about her sobriety, cosmetic upgrades, and the beauty empire she's built, evolving from famous party girl into unscripted TV's cool older sister. But if you ask me, underneath the hip, beautiful exterior must live an awkward teenager just waiting to overshare with me. So this week on Teenbeat, I am thrilled to sit down with La La Kent.
Speaker 3: Wow, that was like the most spectacular intro I think I've ever had had in my life.
Speaker 4: I love it. Thank you, I'm happy to be here. Yes, I'm so happy to have you.
Speaker 2: I have to ask, as someone very fresh off the Dancing with the Stars Live tour, I have to ask, how did you grow up in Utah and avoid ballroom dancing?
Speaker 4: You know that never?
Speaker 3: That is so funny you asked that because that was actually like a main credit in junior high and my dearest friend, after we graduated, and you know, we were done with our school years, she actually went back to teach ballroom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I just could never get into it. I don't know if I'm I'm just I like to.
Speaker 3: Think that I can move, and I like to think that I'm athletic until I try and I'm like, oh, I am so awkward.
Speaker 2: In my mind's eye, Utah is just filled with ballroom dancers everywhere. I mean it just seems like that's a breeding ground for ballroom dancers.
Speaker 4: So totally true. Yeah, it's pretty.
Speaker 2: I mean I know that it's supposed to be because I think BYU added it as a major and then basically it just kind of it took off.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like to be the rebel. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, like when everyone's raving about a TV show, I wait until no one raves about it and then watch it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I'm not that much different than you. I also am that way. If everyone's making a big fuss about something, I'm like, Okay, everyone's settled down. I'm not trying to go against the grain. Like I'm like, look, I'm willing.
Speaker 4: To watch it. I just don't want to watch it while it's all the rage, exactly.
Speaker 3: I wait for things to kind of calm down. So now that I'm out of Utah, maybe I'll get into ballroom dancing.
Speaker 2: Well, would you ever do Dancing with the Stars?
Speaker 3: I have always said that that would be the one show that I would that I would say no to and here's why listen to me dancing with the Stars because I'm so intimidated by it.
Speaker 4: Really, Yes, it would take.
Speaker 3: Me out of my comfort zone in such a way that I think I'd have.
Speaker 4: A panic attack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this new mindset that I have taken on where it's like I want to be uncomfortable now, I want to say, if that opportunity presented itself, right, I think I would be all in for the mere fact that I want to feel uncomfortable so badly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll definitely feel uncomfortable. Yeah, it's in a I mean, I loved every single second of it, but there's no doubt that it is you know, it's it can be uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: And you are working your butt off.
Speaker 2: And if you're like me and have I had never even taken a dance class before doing Dancing with the Stars, so like I was starting from zero zero, and so yeah, you're out of your comfort zone. And then you know, I am I'm a perfectionist. And so for me having the cameras on all the time and being miked all the time, which you are probably used to, I am not. I felt like, okay, you know what, I could really actually learn this dance if we got the cameras out of here and we got.
Speaker 4: This mic off of me. But like, it just feels so weird to know you are being.
Speaker 2: Watched while you're learning something that's very vulnerable.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, I even though I am used to being miked and just like living and existing, it's similar to like if you were to mic me and put a camera on if I were going on a date. Yeah, I can't do this, even though I think I know how if you're watching and listening to everything.
Speaker 4: It would be the same with with dancing.
Speaker 3: And I remember seeing you at the iHeart party and this was probably in October, and you said it was the most difficult thing you've ever done, but you were having the time of your life.
Speaker 4: You had pulled a hamstring or something. You're exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember I had just come off of a massive injury, and I was like, don't want to ever stop going to do it every day for the rest of my life.
Speaker 4: Yes, you were having the best time.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I think if I allowed myself to say you're gonna be uncomfortable, but you're going to do it, I would feel so accomplished.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you definitely would.
Speaker 2: Well, I really do think you would be quite an asset on the show, and I think, knowing how incredible the show was for me, I would love for you to have that experience as well. So I'm fingers crossed that we are manifesting that for you.
Speaker 3: I love manifesting, and in this time of incredible eclipse.
Speaker 2: You know we're in an eclipse, and so now is the time to bring forth all of the things from our future selves, so he knows what were manifesting for you.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I know your dad had been a part of the Mormon Church, but he left before you were born. What was it like growing up surrounded by the LDS community but not actually being a part of it.
Speaker 4: Was it harder for you to make friends? Do you think it was strange?
Speaker 3: And it was difficult because even though my dad left the Mormon Church when he was twenty two, which was well before I came into the world, there were so many things that you could tell, to be very respectful, that he clearly had been told his entire life that were not good and that's evil and don't do that. Where it was almost like I had to coach my dad through those moments of like it's all good man, like, let it go.
Speaker 4: This is not all.
Speaker 3: This is not determining whether you go to the highest Kingdom of Heaven or not. But I kind of gravitated towards people who also didn't have Mormon families. And you know, my mom was raised very Christian and my dad was raised very Mormon, and I think they came together and thought, let's just raise our kids with spirituality. That was very heavy in my household. Is we said our prayers every single night. When things got tough, we turned to God. But it wasn't in a way that is organized religion, if that makes any sense. Yes, And you know my mom didn't. My mom didn't try to keep us away from the Mormon church. If I had a group of friends in elementary school and they went to Young Women's and they invited me, my mom would say, go like have fun. I didn't even realize that it was like a Mormon thing. It wasn't until my grandmother took my little brother to church one Sunday and he came home with a matching game which was basically the sequence of events that happens right, which was like go on a mission, temple, marriage, and that's when my mom said, we will no longer be sending these kids to anything that has to do with this church.
Speaker 4: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My parents were kind of similar. Both my parents were raised pretty strict Catholic okay, and so they had been kind of indoctrinated into this idea that to be a spiritual or a god believing in family, you also had to be a part of the Catholic Church.
Speaker 4: And that meant, you know, school I went to.
Speaker 2: I can't even remember the name of it now, but I went to that school where every Wednesday we had to learn about Catholicism.
Speaker 4: Catechism.
Speaker 2: We went to that every Wednesday, and we went to church every Sunday, and my brother and I complained about it every single week, and my parents, to their credit, realized they also really did not want to be doing this. They were only doing it out of guilt and the way they had been raised, and so they realized, like, I don't think the organized religion part of this is what we're believing in. I think it's just a belief in God. And so my parents, we similarly no longer went to the Catholic Church. And for us, it was a moment when my grandfather realized there.
Speaker 4: Was like some issue with us.
Speaker 2: He was paying for school, and something happened where he realized all they care about is money. The Catholic Church is a money making enterprise.
Speaker 4: And that was it. He was done. He was done with the Catholic Church after that.
Speaker 3: So once you see things for what they are, it is very hard to unsee.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is true. Mormons are very visible in pop culture right now. Did you ever expect so much of Utah to also end up in Hollywood?
Speaker 4: Not at all.
Speaker 3: I remember being at the very first Bravo con in New York and then I remember seeing Andy in the green room and he was like, you're gonna die. Guess who were announcing today as the new city Salt Lake. And I was thrilled about it because when if I already knew what Housewives was like, and I'm like, yeah, now you're going to add.
Speaker 4: That crazy religion to the mix. Oh, this is gonna be good.
Speaker 3: And then once the Mormon Wives show came out, it was like everyone's talking about the skincare and the hair routine and the uh the bleaching for the teeth and a swig with the you know coffee mate in it I never expected that, and it's crazy to look look at it because it's something that I recognize but I'm not close to, if that makes sense. It feels very very familiar and very triggering because although in my day to day with my friend group, none.
Speaker 4: Of us were raised LDS, but.
Speaker 3: When I went to my grandma's house on my dad's side, it was very very clear that we were the black sheep of the family, you know. And I noticed that as I got older, and I remember bringing my boyfriend to family dinner and he and I had to leave because I had theater practice, like I needed to go and to my high school and rehearse something. And my grandma was so concerned that I was going to be gay because I was in the arts, and it was like, isn't that.
Speaker 4: The strangest thing you've ever heard?
Speaker 3: And as I got as I left with my like six' four hunk of a, boyfriend by the, Way i'm, like what you should be worried about is.
Speaker 4: If i'm going to go with, him because you'd.
Speaker 2: Be worried about that he's taking me to my high school rehearsal And i'm going to be alone with him in a car.
Speaker 4: That's what we should really be focused.
Speaker 3: On but it's like these little things THAT i THAT i do, remember and WHEN i, watch whether It's housewives Of Salt lake Or Mormon, Wives i'm, Like, OH i remember my, family my dad's. FAMILY i don't have any communication with any of them any. LONGER i remember those little. Things, yeah that stick with, You And i'm, LIKE i can't imagine having that every single, day to where you actually believe that certain things are. Wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah AND i.
Speaker 3: Felt so badly for my dad as, well BECAUSE i think he really loved the, arts AND i don't think that he was ever able to participate in them because of what his parents.
Speaker 4: Thought that, Meant, OH i have never shared that. Before isn't? That isn't that a heartbreaking?
Speaker 2: Thing when you get old enough and wise enough to really think about your parents' journey as human beings and not related to what they who they are to, You but just like your dad as a young, man recognizing that he loved something that he probably never fully got to.
Speaker 4: Embrace, yeah like, THAT i. SEE i struggle a lot with.
Speaker 3: That now that he's, GONE i look back on a lot of, things AND i JUST i think his upbringing was really HARD i think he always felt different and felt that he just didn't The Mormon church did not resonate with, him and that is a struggle for, me AND i think that's WHY i babied my dad so, much like letting him, know like you're good, enough you, know need to beat yourself up over things like, this all is, Good you're.
Speaker 2: Human it sounds like you were able to do that from a really young. Age do you feel like you've always been a little bit of a therapist in your family and your friend's.
Speaker 4: Life.
Speaker 3: YEAH i remember at a very young age when my mom had lost her, dad laying in bed with her and she was obviously beside, herself and, GOSH i was so. YOUNG i was still in elementary, school AND i don't know exactly WHAT i, said but my mom brings it up often where she's, like you got me through that. Moment AND i, remember even with my, dad you, know talking him through. THINGS i just was very in tune with my emotions and seeing, things and you know, what it's a blessing and a. Curse looking, back it's, like, oh, wow how amazing as a child THAT i could do. That but as a, child taking that on felt like a huge. BURDEN i felt LIKE i was never able to be a, kid.
Speaker 4: And not because of my. Parents my, parents they were begging me to be a.
Speaker 3: Kid, yeah but my mind just was always wanting to be.
Speaker 2: Older that resonates with me so. FULLY i can't even tell YOU i was exactly the same. WAY i never wanted to be in my present age or my present. STATE i was always anticipating the needs of. OTHERS i was always forward thinking and just couldn't wait to be an. Adult and not because of all the fun things you think of about being an. Adult even the mundane just sounded wonderful to, me AND i you, know sure, enough it's pretty freaking awesome to be an. ADULT i do love, it even though it's, hard and there's a lot of THINGS i think about HOW i felt as a kid and felt kind OF i don't, KNOW i just it never felt LIKE i was supposed to be. YOUNG i was always an old woman in a young person's.
Speaker 4: Body oh my, GOSH i so relate to.
Speaker 3: That. Yeah and by the, way Now i'm thirty five AND i feel Like i'm eighty. Five i'm, like oh.
Speaker 4: My, gosh it's seven. O'clock i've got to get to. Bed thank you me.
Speaker 2: Too If i'm up and it's past, Nine i'm, like, guys mama's got to. SLEEP i don't know what you think in this is here that you had a six or four super hot boyfriend in high?
Speaker 4: School when did You.
Speaker 2: When did you just, love like realize that you just loved? Boys and when did boys start reciprocating that feeling back to?
Speaker 3: You? OH i remember my first boyfriend in the third, Grade. TAYLOR i carried his uh school picture and we were long, distance which meant he went to a different elementary school than.
Speaker 4: Me oh, man, yeah that's.
Speaker 3: Tough and then he got it he had a crush on a different girl at his own. School SO i called him and, said you go through girls like you go through.
Speaker 4: UNDERWEAR i will never forget. It what in third? Grade a third? Grade where did you get this? LINE i think my mom.
Speaker 3: My?
Speaker 4: Mom do you think she said it to you about? Him, like, oh he goes through girls like.
Speaker 3: Underwears Because i've always had a very close relationship with my mom at the very young, AGE i just shared everything with her same so you get.
Speaker 4: It it's like that's a safe.
Speaker 3: Space this woman like clothed, me fed, ME i, like she's my. Everything, yeah BUT i THINK i GOT i THINK i got very boy crazy in the seventh grade where it was like my braces came.
Speaker 4: Off oh, yeah he had a glow.
Speaker 3: Up, YES i had a locker WHERE i could keep pictures and a mirror and put my lip gloss, on AND i just it was like grown.
Speaker 4: Men you, know way different than elementary.
Speaker 3: School and then in high school is WHEN i AND i talk about this all the. Time my most productive and healthy relationship thus far is my high school sweetheart THAT i met at, seventeen which was the sixth four.
Speaker 4: Man. Okay we were together UNTIL i was.
Speaker 3: TWENTY i ended up moving out TO la to give it a, shot and he stayed back In, utah and things JUST i think had run their. COURSE i have nothing but amazing memories of, him and he's the PERSON i lost my virginity, Too so That i'm so grateful for because as you, know like the first time having, sex that is kind of what tees you, up or your relationship with sex going, forward, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes and there is a before and and after in your life.
Speaker 3: Exactly SO i was So i'm so grateful that my first time being intimate with somebody was just.
Speaker 4: That it was, intimacy it was.
Speaker 3: Partnership and but after, him, MAN i WAS i was ready to the. Races oh, YEAH.
Speaker 2: I, mean at least if you're going to say after that you were ready to, go you were seventeen to.
Speaker 4: Twenty you're in your, twenties which is college, age is.
Speaker 2: The perfect time to really that's where you Have that's where you, know the biggest opportunity for self discovery comes. About it's for a lot of people the first time you're out from under your parents' root totally and you're making your own decisions about who you're going to hang out with and when you're going to come, home and who you're going to go on a date with and when when and those dates take. Place so, yeah all of, that all of that makes. SENSE i was also boy. Crazy starting in elementary. SCHOOL i had my first boyfriend THAT i remember was not long, distance and he if he did end up having a crush on someone, else it would have been on a boy because he is. Gay and it was pretty obvious he was gay then to everyone except. Me but you, know that did pretty much just set me up for moving. FORWARD i have always loved gay.
Speaker 4: Men oh don't you and me? Both, yeah love love a good gay. GUY i just think they're.
Speaker 2: Wonderful there are perfect, people mast people to be, same, same great people to be in relationships.
Speaker 4: With, honestly.
Speaker 2: My husband AND i Watched, Love loathing and Vander pump the documentary The Randall. Scandal we watched it and our main takeaway from it was how do men like him still find beautiful women who will date? Them he is with someone right? Now how do men so easily fail?
Speaker 3: UPWARDS i think for, him he has really conquered an art and that is going for, girls not women who are easily, impressionable don't have much life. Experience you say the word chanel and you've got. Them you say the word movie producer and you've got. Them you don't do much, Research you just see the shiny. Object AND i think he knows exactly who to prey, on. Right AND i think he thought when he met, Me i'm a girl from utah m. HMM i don't think he ever anticipated the strength THAT i, Have. RIGHT i THINK i really shook this man to his. Core, yeah which makes me very.
Speaker 4: Proud.
Speaker 2: Good, yeah you, should you should feel you should feel good about so thanks To Vanderpump rules and The, valley you are surrounded with drama and gossip in high. School did you were you a part of any scandals or love triangles or was that just something you ran into later in your?
Speaker 3: Life you, KNOW i think the typical like scandals That especially growing up In, utah everybody knows, everybody AND i thought moving TO la it would be.
Speaker 4: Different it's actually it actually feels, smaller.
Speaker 2: SMALLER i know everyone knows. Everyone that's freaking.
Speaker 3: Smaller social media was. NOT i wasn't on social. MEDIA i don't know when you got. IT i remember getting my FIRST i had Downloaded instagram a few times and then thought this is so, Dumb i'm deleting. It it wasn't UNTIL i got TO la and started wanting to be in the industry again and getting the bug WHERE i was, like, OH i guess social media is kind of needed.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah oh, yeah for. SURE i wasn't in the know about a lot of things WHEN i lived In. Utah yeah that makes.
Speaker 2: SENSE i, mean you're a good ten years younger than, me SO i Mean i've really social media since My space.
Speaker 3: Girl you have got aged one day since boy Meets World, oh.
Speaker 2: Well thank you very, much but tell that to my. Knees, YEAH i, yeah SO i. HAVE i mean, TRULY i. REMEMBER i Remember, MySpace but as far as like actually using social media for work, purposes it did not start for me Until Girl Meets.
Speaker 4: World so we're talking like twenty.
Speaker 2: Fourteen so, like you, know just twelve years ago of being, like, OKAY i guess this is Where i'm supposed to promote things that come out and talk about things and like let people know, here and then you, know even still, now like WHEN i Did dancing with The, STARS i hired a social media team BECAUSE i knew how important that, was and then the minute it was, OVER i was, like, WELL i don't really what WILL i make content about, now and SO i let them go and NOW i just never.
Speaker 3: Post so social media is my worst.
Speaker 4: Enemy mine, too mine. Too do you have a social media?
Speaker 3: TEAM i just recently brought one, on maybe a couple months. Ago, OKAY i have imposter. Syndrome and all of the things that they want me to do that get millions of, VIEWS i look at And i'm, like oh.
Speaker 4: My, gosh that's so.
Speaker 3: Embarrassed people are loving the, content but it just it's out of my comfort.
Speaker 2: Zone, YEAH i saw one of yours that made me laugh so, much where you were doing all of THE ai is going to take your. Job oh it was so. Funny so whoever you're using it's, working you look. Great, well thank, you so keep it, up and maybe if you like, them share their information with.
Speaker 3: Me by the, way he is absolutely. Fantastic you would love, him AND i LOVE i do love the. Content it just feel so exposed on social.
Speaker 2: MEDIA i Know i'm the same way even WHEN i get AN ad for something THAT i, love Because i'm very choosy about the THINGS i do ads. For i'm not the type OF i just have never been able to be the type of person to be, like, oh you're willing to pay me whatever that, Is i'll take it And i'll promote whatever your thing. IS i Really i'm, like well what is?
Speaker 4: It IF i.
Speaker 2: Don't If i'm not familiar with it, already please send it to, me let me use it.
Speaker 4: For a, while let me tell. You and even When.
Speaker 2: I'm, LIKE i love this, Thing like WHEN i Had, ADLER i loved the.
Speaker 4: Docatt the docatat was the.
Speaker 2: DOCATAT i loved my, docatat AND i got paid to do an ad for docatat On. Instagram they were totally fine with the fact THAT i don't show my kids'. Faces everything about it was a perfect. Partnership and yet Anytime i've ever had to go post an, AD i immediately feel. Cringe i'm just, LIKE i can't BELIEVE i have to do. This people are going to think, This and YET i love love the Thing i'm advertising.
Speaker 4: Totally you are so, Seen you're so. Seen what is? That? WHY i don't. KNOW i just feel SO i don't know what that.
Speaker 3: Is it's just an internal battle that you have to get, over and it's. You there's nothing you can do to work on it except for you're doing it and it's out, there.
Speaker 4: And get over.
Speaker 2: It AND i do love these. THINGS i stand by every single thing LIQUID. IV i freaking love. IT i take it every day My samsung. Phone i've been A samsung user for twelve. Years, LIKE i don't do ads for.
Speaker 4: Things UNLESS i love. Them so why DO i feel bad telling people WHEN i love?
Speaker 3: SOMETHING i know it's probably because at the, end you have to like direct people to a.
Speaker 4: Link and THEN i asked, Me i'm, like NOW i feel like and you know the comment section can get to.
Speaker 2: You, yeah it's, true it's. TRUE i think also it comes back to my. Somewhere for, me it's asking anybody for anything ever makes me feel, worthless and that's. It that's not a good way to feel. Like we need, community we need. Help it takes a village all the THINGS i know and would say to other, People but when it comes to, MYSELF i Think i'm supposed to be fully autonomous and a one woman. Show and IF i don't do every single thing, myself Then i'm somehow failing Or i'm draining resources that other people could be spending doing something. Else and so even Though i'm just telling YOU i like this, brand this brand has made my life, better it feels Like i'm asking people for, something AND i think it goes back to.
Speaker 4: That that would make total. Sense, yeah thank you for working that out with. Me you're.
Speaker 3: Welcome i'm always here to listen to. YOU i feel that way with. MEN i don't need you to buy me, anything don't take me to, dinner you don't need to call my uber BECAUSE i don't want to owe you, anything right, Right, Yeah so it sounds like we both have our.
Speaker 2: Issues we both have some, issues but you, know maybe if we just talk more to we need to make this a, regular a weekly.
Speaker 4: THING i love.
Speaker 2: It so now you are hosting an unlikely affair Alongside Amber, childers someone who was wildly entangled in your past. Relationship have you always been able to mend fences with?
Speaker 4: People do you easily? FORGIVE i don't hold a.
Speaker 3: GRUDGE i think if a productive conversation has HAD i can move on pretty. QUICKLY i don't have any problem taking accountability for my. PART i know it sounds so cheesy because people say it all the.
Speaker 4: TIME i KNOW i am not. PERFECT i am a lot to. HANDLE i can be a loose, cannon Which i'm working.
Speaker 3: On BUT i never understood that Saying i'll forgive But i'll never. Forget i'm, like, well that's what's the point of forgiving, then if you're just gonna remember the whole?
Speaker 4: Time SO i, FORGIVE i, FORGET i move. ON i love, that AND i think, Again i'm very, similar very. SIMILAR i love, THAT i really.
Speaker 2: DO i think the record keeping in, relationship by the, WAY i think you can totally forgive and forget as long as what you're saying is What i've learned about you has shown me THAT i truly do not want you in my life in any.
Speaker 4: CAPACITY i forgive.
Speaker 2: You i'm no longer going to carry negative energy about you or the, situation BUT i really want you to stay far the hell away from, me and we're not going to be in each other's. Lives but if you're going to forgive and then still operate in each other's, spheres you kind of do need to forget because otherwise side eyeing the whole, time and that's Not that's not real, forgiveness is?
Speaker 4: It not at? All not in any. Capacity And i'm the same.
Speaker 3: Way if behaviors have shown me something Where i'm, like, okay this, Experience i'd be a dumb ass to like keep you around and pretend we're all. Good like you, said you're a. Liability the stakes are very high for. Me you stay over there And i'll stay over, here just pretend like we don't know each other.
Speaker 2: EXACTLY i have quite a few of those in my, life and those. People there have been a couple of times those people have reached out and tried, to, uh you, know, Hi i'd like to talk to you about what happened twenty years. Ago and, no we're. GOOD i have worked very hard to forget you. EXIST i don't need. YOU i don't need you back.
Speaker 3: Here and you will know what PEOPLE i, know there's people out there that feel that way about me right WHERE i may have been a toxic presence in their.
Speaker 4: Life uh.
Speaker 3: Huh and you know, WHAT i apologize AND i wish you all the. Best you, know like there's some people who just aren't meant to be.
Speaker 4: Friends, yeah you're. Right and there are.
Speaker 3: Moments too Where i've looked at things that have gone south And i'm, like you know, What i'm not a bad.
Speaker 4: Person you're not a bad. Person we're not meant to be always. Good.
Speaker 2: Absolutely that isn't that the point of? Relationships figuring that? Out who do we, keep who do we not?
Speaker 4: Keep who's for? Us who listen for?
Speaker 2: Us it's the whole, Point so, whole nothing, wrong nothing wrong with getting to the bottom of it and being, like, hey we're not a.
Speaker 4: Match, yeah peace, out have a right. Way no time, Wasted, yeah no time wasted at.
Speaker 2: All another thing we have in common is our obsession with new beauty. TREATMENTS i am very envious of, you, though because you go out there and try everything and then report. Back can we talk about BECAUSE i Am i've never had a laser.
Speaker 4: Treatment i'm, like AND i need TO i.
Speaker 3: Will you cannot tell people. This people are gonna hate. You, no it's just a ring.
Speaker 2: Light it's just it's JUST i just have good lighting in. Here that's that's all it. Is but, LISTEN I i would love to talk about some of your recent endeavors and what your experiences are with.
Speaker 4: Them, uh can we talk About? Morpheus?
Speaker 3: Morpheus, Okay i've Done morpheus one time and you have to know. This it was after my last boob, job SO i was fully Under they did my boobs and they did my.
Speaker 4: Chest you have to have a few. TREATMENTS i am a a c, right, Okay and it was very painful, recovery SO i didn't feel. It my mom's.
Speaker 3: Done it was like that was brutal and she has a very high pain. Tolerance that bitch like past kidney. Stones, like, yeah nobody's, business, Right SO i didn't fulfill the rest of the. Treatments if you're a gangster and can handle, Pain morpheus is, incredible especially for like tightening and plumping the.
Speaker 4: SKIN i would do. IT i wouldn't do it Because I'm i'm not, you but you but you right? Right?
Speaker 2: YEAH I i was told BECAUSE i had a consultation with a plastic surgeon a couple of years ago about having a potential mommy makeover WHEN.
Speaker 4: I KNEW i was done having.
Speaker 2: Kids, Uh AND i was, like you, know Maybe i'll have a little tummy, tuck Maybe.
Speaker 4: I'll get a little breast.
Speaker 2: Lift and in that, consultation the DOCTOR i was meeting with actually told me that FIRST i should do a boob job because he didn't want to do. Them at the same. Time he was, like don't the mommy makeover. Thing they're better done differences. Separately it's. Scary, Yeah and so he had recommended that we Try morpheus before or the tummy. Tuck so he, said while you're under for the boob, JOB i can Do morpheus on your stomach to see if it helps tighten any of the loose skin. There and he, said AND i would want to do it while you were under because the deeper you're able to, go the better the results. Are but it's so painful you, Can't like, YOU i wouldn't be able to go that deep if you were just under, local like local, antista and so he did say, that and THEN i.
Speaker 4: Thought but then what do you do for the follow up?
Speaker 2: Treatments you're not going to be put under every time For, morpheus so that just doesn't seem.
Speaker 3: Well if he's going super, deep, though maybe you don't need as many. TREATMENTS i if you end up doing, THAT i would really like to know how you feel about, it because how many kids do you? Have? Too SO i don't know if this happened with you my AND i hate this, term But i'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: It are you gonna, say snap?
Speaker 3: Back?
Speaker 4: YES i hate? It was it better after the first.
Speaker 2: And mine gone by the?
Speaker 4: Second?
Speaker 3: Yeah oh the Second i'm in playing. POSITION i look at my. Stomach i'm, like, oh who's ninety year old?
Speaker 4: Stomach is this exactly the?
Speaker 2: Same AND i actually just assumed it was BECAUSE i was much older as a. Mom my FIRST i had at thirty, eight which is not, young and my SECOND i had at, Forty SO i, Thought, okay it's Because i'm forty having a. Kid but my after my FIRST i got my pre pregnancy body back within the.
Speaker 4: Year like it never even, happens like it never has normal second everything's loosey, goosey lucy.
Speaker 3: Goosey i'm so insecure about, it, yep because it's WHEN i move a certain, way LIKE i can't be on top of a.
Speaker 4: Man are you? Crazy oh, yeah forget. It so that works.
Speaker 3: Because here's the thing with the tummy, tuck you rust a, risk a funky belly, BUTTON.
Speaker 2: I, know and the belly button that looks like everyone else's belly button and a scar hip to.
Speaker 3: Hip, yeah do the, morpheus you know. WHAT i have a pre op call for My i'm getting my boobs. Redone it's like reconstructive. Surgery Maybe i'll ask them if they can smack my stomach with That. Morpheus Maybe i'll be reporting back to you because my boob job Is march.
Speaker 2: Sixteenth, wow, okay and that was this your third it's a.
Speaker 4: Revision it's, okay tell me Because I'VE i.
Speaker 2: Don't i'm only thinking about. It do you do you looking? Back do you wish you had ever had your boobs? Done could you imagine a? Time could you imagine a world where you're, like, YEAH i would absolutely do this one hundred times over to have these.
Speaker 4: Results what's your opinion on the boob JOB i love the boob. Job, OKAY i love the boob.
Speaker 3: JOB i WISH i wouldn't have gotten them done at the age of. TWENTY i felt like that was completely unnecessary and silly and. Stupid But i'm all about the boob. Job and they've come so far with the technology as far as like making the. Implant, YEAH i say life is short at the boob, job life a short at the.
Speaker 4: Lips but you don't need the, Lips, no these are, mine BUT i.
Speaker 2: DO i am a definitely at a place post, cancer post two.
Speaker 4: Children how DID i not know?
Speaker 2: That, yes cancer twenty twenty, four just fresh out breast, cancer breast. Cancer SO i have a two pretty large scars on my right breast WHERE i had two lumpectomies and a lymph node. Removed and the lymph node had no cancer in, it but it's you, know you have to have it removed in order to make sure the cancer hasn't. Spread and then with weight loss and with two children who, breastfed, YEAH i don't recognize what's going on anymore from you, know chest to below my belly.
Speaker 4: Button no, clue no clue whose body this.
Speaker 2: Is and So i've recently started, THINKING i THINK i would feel significantly better about myself IF i had some sort of breast lift and or got rid of this extra. Skin and YET i struggle very much with the idea that that is.
Speaker 4: Also a little bit.
Speaker 2: Insane my husband is not looking at me saying to, me you hideous, beast, RIGHT i am only saying not to, Myself and, like that's probably coming from a really, unhealthy not evolved part of my brain and my personality THAT i would probably be better working on in. Therapy and, also like, it how often is anyone going to see? That LIKE i do, think, well it would be cute IF i could like wear a cute little crop top every now and, then BUT i would never right. NOW i wouldn't be caught dead in a crop top with my loose stomach or.
Speaker 4: In a two.
Speaker 2: Piece and Yet i'm taking my kids on a wonderful vacation for spring, break AND i, think look at all these cute two. Pieces they're cute on other, people but they wouldn't be cute on. ME I so THEN i struggle Because i'm, like maybe this is more of a therapy thing than a surgery. Thing BUT i do KNOW i would feel better IF i had the. Surgery all, right you're not gonna like WHAT i have to. Say number, One i'm so grateful you're.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, yes, yes me, too thank.
Speaker 3: You the second THING i remember going, In so what's happened on my right side IS i have AND i always botch it capsular.
Speaker 2: Contracture, yes, okay so when there's certain positions you make and it looks you can like a muscle is moving in your yes.
Speaker 3: Implant but now it's beyond. That and it didn't happen the first two boob. Jobs it happened the, third or it happened after my second baby because and they're thinking it has to do with mess mass titis where the clog milk duct that obviously caused some sort of germ and.
Speaker 4: Reaction it's concaved on the.
Speaker 3: SIDE i go in for my annual booby screening and she tells me what it.
Speaker 4: Is that's WHERE i first learned what it. Is and.
Speaker 3: She, SAID i have a great doctor for. You don't go until you're done having. Kids AND i, said, YEAH i MEAN i don't need to go anytime. Soon who AM i trying to? Impress and she, goes you do it for yourself you don't do it for anybody. Else so as much AS i think that we can work on with, therapy if you feel that you would feel better with a little, niptuck you should do.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, yeah BECAUSE i know you have to see yourself naked every. Day go you, know like You if.
Speaker 3: Your man thinks you're, beautiful that's, great but you have to feel. Beautiful we can be told all day long that we are bounced back is amazing and you're, gorgeous we have to feel that. Way and if that comes with me getting a little procedure, done But i'm gonna freaking do.
Speaker 2: It right, Right, no you're, Right you're, Right AND i go back and forth BECAUSE i also, think wouldn't it be great if WHAT i really felt, was, yeah there's a little bit of loose, skin BUT i made two, babies and who. Cares BUT i don't actually feel that. Way WHAT i feel like IS i made two. BABIES i love my two. Babies i'm so grateful for my body THAT i was able to make those two. Babies and NOW i would like to recognize the body that made those two, babies AND i don't recognizally fair and, yeah, okay so thank YOU i think, again when you get that done and you come to me and you're, Like i'm thinking about getting this done in, this then we go see the.
Speaker 3: Therapist now there's bigger, issues but right, NOW i think what you're saying is totally.
Speaker 2: Fine, okay all, right thank, you you're. Right but you know, what and knowing, me probably won't be too. Long i'll be, like all, right these nasal label, folds what do we do?
Speaker 4: Get how do we get rid of? These then we gotta call the. Therapist, Okay, yes another thing we have in. Common this is just.
Speaker 2: Me this interview is me just telling you all the things That i've discovered we have in.
Speaker 4: COMMON i love. It we are both sneaker. Heads OH i love a sneaker.
Speaker 2: Babe oh me, too Sneaker, Okay so it used to Be jordan ones, though.
Speaker 4: That was always that's my, favorite number one favorite.
Speaker 2: SILHOUETTE i think they look great on, men they look great on. Women they make so many different great color, ways they look good under every type of, gene they look great with, skirts they look they look great with. Everything But i've also recently become obsessed with The jordan. Four it's another one of my absolute favorite, silhouettes AND i love some of the colourways they've. DONE i have the, ORCHIDS i have the, bricks AND i love. Them so have you always been into, shoes specifically sneakers or is that something that you've evolved.
Speaker 4: INTO i THINK i evolved into.
Speaker 3: IT i was a big heel girl for a very long, time and then after my, BABIES i was, like what AM i? DOING i want to be, COMFORTABLE i want to feel. Cozy, YES i just want my closet full of different sneakers, because like you, SAID i could wear it with a, dress a, skirt, sweatpants.
Speaker 4: JEANS i love them.
Speaker 2: Same that's exactly my. JOURNEY i was a heel almost. EXCLUSIVE i mean even during the day to run, ERRANDS i had a heel On. Wow is THAT i don't. Know it's called being in your, TWENTIES i. Guess and then in my late third after having, KIDS.
Speaker 4: I was, like what are we?
Speaker 2: Doing AND i always had LIKE i had some converse and in high SCHOOL i Had, converse and you, Know i've just in general loved, shoes but, boy it BEFORE i like became just, SNEAKERS i was all about the. Heels you and me Both, yeah, WOW i really do.
Speaker 4: Love this new.
Speaker 2: Phase and the thing THAT i love is that all of the FEELINGS i got, about like self expression from heels because of the different, colors and oh this one's patent and this one has a te strap and all of, THOSE i get all those same things with. Sneakers oh, Yeah i'm, like what it WAS i ever? MISSING i don't. Know it's just they're they're. Perfect you have two beautiful. Children you have two. Girls, oh you have two.
Speaker 4: GIRLS i have two.
Speaker 3: GIRLS i thought you had a son and a. DAUGHTER i have to have kind of boy names. THOUGH i Have, ocean who's my five year. Old she'll be five next, month And osa is a year and a.
Speaker 4: Half both. Girls, okay both. Girls what are they?
Speaker 2: Into what are their current interests at five and one and a?
Speaker 4: Half, Oh ocean is just the girliest of.
Speaker 3: GIRLS i had to wipe her face clean because she put on, makeup AND i, said you cannot wear makeup to?
Speaker 4: School?
Speaker 3: Why, mom you're four and she Is i'm going to be five next. MONTH i was, like still too, young you're not wearing makeup to? School changes a million times a, day goes through my, closet says will you save this for me for WHEN i get, OLDER i really want. This And sosa is just kind of mimicking right. Now so if she Sees ocean playing dress, up she wants to play dress. Up if she Sees mommy putting on, makeup she wants to put on the. Makeup so it'll be they're so, different, THOUGH i can already tell that they're going to be very. Different ocean's very, independent not much phases. Her sosa gets her feelings hurt if you look at her. Wrong, yes it's. Intense you think you've conquered the art of, motherhood Like i'm crushing, this and then the second one comes and you, go this is going to take a new set of.
Speaker 4: Skills, yes, yes and was very good about. That growing.
Speaker 2: Up my brother AND i are very different and she had to mother us very, differently and so she always said. That so thankfully for, me it wasn't totally shocking because she had, said, like whatever your first one, is don't think that's gonna be the only type you're gonna. Have your second's gonna throw you for a. Loop and sure, enough my boys are exactly the. Same they're very. Different adler is a Totally adler is a jock and into all things athletic and, sports and he wants to play with.
Speaker 4: Us or with a. Friend he's incredibly.
Speaker 2: Social and Then keaton is, Like i'm, Good i'm good on my, Own i'm good to play by.
Speaker 4: Myself notching the younger.
Speaker 2: One keaton's the younger, One, okay, yeah and so, yeah just totally. DIFFERENT i have to parent them, differently and it's it is pretty, WILD i, know Because.
Speaker 3: I'm, like you can't, well for, you that came from the same.
Speaker 4: Person for.
Speaker 3: Me Anytime ocean does SOMETHING i don't, Like i'm, like you got that from your.
Speaker 4: DAD i still do that and we're we're. Married but if there's SOMETHING i don't, like it's not for.
Speaker 3: Me, no all the perfect things come from, me. OBVIOUSLY i want to ask.
Speaker 2: You you are On bravo's hit Show The. VALLEY i have been A valley girl since middle. School could you give me some of your hidden?
Speaker 4: Gems you found in the eight one Eight?
Speaker 3: OH i don't know if this is a hidden, gem But i'm absolutely obsessed with. It it's Little isakayah right On sepulvida and it's like you would think that this strip center is like there's nothing, there, yeah, right but that it is a hidden gem because every TIME i talk to anyone about, it, like, yeah there's a specific, niche, right there's a specific group who knows about it and they lunch there on their. Break any of my, friends, though they're, LIKE i drove past and it was LIKE i want to go.
Speaker 4: In i'm, like you gotta go, through you gotta. Go, yeah do you know that you know?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 4: OBVIOUSLY i MEAN i know of, it BUT i don't. THINK i don't even know If i've ever been. There oh, girl you gotta.
Speaker 3: Go, okay, YES i THINK i will come back At, North, South east And west.
Speaker 2: Is It it's not where the movie theater, is right where The Arc light used to.
Speaker 4: Be it's not in that.
Speaker 3: Center, No SO i think It's South, okay south Of does that make?
Speaker 4: Sense South adventure or does it?
Speaker 3: Venture south would be, yeah you could be pH, yes, Correct so It's South aventure right. On So Pulvida, okay and you've literally drive by and you're, like what in the, world there's no way any of those restaurants are. Open they're all open and they're all. Popping, okay good to.
Speaker 4: KNOW i like. That now we're going to blow up. Sushi it's it's. Sushi, yes, okay, Fabulous okay.
Speaker 2: GREAT i know you have been open about relationships in the, past but you have kept some of your more recent moves. Quiet are we looking at twenty twenty six as a year of a possible public romance for?
Speaker 4: YOU i Think i'm going to find my person this? Year you, DO i? DO i feel? Well why you just feel? IT i just feel.
Speaker 3: IT i feel Like I'VE i talked to the universe On New Year's day AND i sat outside of my house In Palm springs AND i just, said, LIKE i am open to anything and everything that you want to bring to. ME i, said there is no conversation that is too difficult to. Have there's no roadblock THAT i THAT i can't get over and THAT i haven't faced. Before AND i, said AND i want you to Know i've told YOU i don't want a, person AND i am okay being, solo And i'm letting you know That i'm actually very open to finding my. Person SO i JUST i just feel that. WAY i love that.
Speaker 2: Well AS i mentioned at the very beginning of this, podcast you know we're in the middle of an. Clips so now you should have another conversation with the, universe and you should write what it is you want as if you already have it now so because, now in the middle of an, eclipse is a time of massive transformation and, change specifically around.
Speaker 4: Relationships my mind was blown up like a dead. Person i'm doing. That, yeah so you have it Ends march.
Speaker 2: Third so between now And march, third you write down the things that you, want but as if you already have. THEM i have a love that that is, THIS i have a relationship that this that inspired brings out the best in me WHERE i bring out the best in.
Speaker 4: Them all the things you, want right is if you have? It, okay, Done i'll do. It, Hey oh my, Gosh i'm so. Excited that's going to be WHAT i do. Tonight this is so. Fun i'm not done yet With La. La far from.
Speaker 2: It, actually This friday we have a bonus episode WHERE i will learn even more About lala and we'll hear one of your embarrassing teenage stories sent in via voice. Memo make sure you've subscribed to the Teen beat feed wherever you get your, podcasts so that way you won't miss an. Episode and while you're at, it check Out La La kent and her slate of Podcasts.
Speaker 4: Untraditionally La la And An Unlikely.
Speaker 2: Affair plus you can share your own tales of childhood cringe with. Me just send a radio ready voice memo To teenbeatpod at gmail dot com and buckle.
Speaker 4: Up you may just hear it in a future.
Speaker 2: Episode teenbeat is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted By Danielle. Fischel executive Producers jensencarp And Amy, Sugarman executive in charge of Production Danielle, romo producer and Editor Tara. Soudboch the theme song is by Mar. Coppus yes That Mark. Coppus follow us On instagram At teenbeatpod