Speaker 1: Sabrina. We just got back from the Disney Building.
Speaker 2: I know, it has been years since I have step foot in the Disney Channel building. And I was even standing outside kind of hesitating a little bit to go in because this was a place that I was at, you know, weekly, sometimes daily when we were getting ready for certain things, or even just I have a favorite little sandwich shop that's right around the corner that even when I was there, I would kind of stop by and see who was in the building.
Speaker 3: To just say hi to. And it's so crazy that.
Speaker 2: It's been so long, and I'm telling you, the nerves were just like as I was pulling up in the car, the nerves were just starting to hit me, and like nostalgic vibes and nervous vibes and like happy vibes. I was just so excited to be able to get a chance to go back in there, and especially for such a great reason.
Speaker 3: It was so awesome.
Speaker 4: I know, so by the people probably have no idea who I am. I'm Tara. I'm one of the producers on the show. And you're like, like, where's what this is for me?
Speaker 3: And will this is the Dara?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Well, Sabrina and I got to go to the Disney Channel building. Sabrina interviewed the stars of Zombies four, which was also something where we were like crossing our fingers for the longest time to make sure it happens. And there's so many like ins and outs in the industry and setting up and timing and making sure it works, and we got to do it, and I know that, Like it was just it was so quick.
Speaker 4: It went by so quick, but it.
Speaker 2: Was so magical, and honestly, it was just it was one of those things where you know, I, before this podcast, really knew very little out the Zombies franchise. I didn't even wasn't even aware that Paul Holland, the director of them All, was actually the director of this.
Speaker 3: And I knew it was big.
Speaker 2: Every time Halloween comes out, it seems like there's a couple of people that at some point are dressing their kids up in those zombie costumes.
Speaker 3: And but I really didn't know. I knew there was like cheerleaders and zombies.
Speaker 2: I was so confused, and since day one of watching or rewatching, I guess is what we're doing. Zombies won the original. I had been hooked like on a different level that I've ever expected to be on a Disney Channel original movie at the age I'm at, like you know how I feel about Brinking Johnny's Sunami. Never once in my life thought I was going to be this hooked, this long out the gate of Disney d cooms and I am in love with them, so it was very exciting. You know, we've gotten to meet Meg before on the on our podcasts, and knowing that I was going to get to meet her and give her a big hug in person was just it was everything. I was so excited for this day. I was zipping around getting ready, so excited. Traffic of course, from Orange County to La Man, it sucks, but it was so worth it. I was just so excited to get up to the Channel. Well, and for people wondering where will is. Will is on tour with Pod Meets World. So unfortunately he's busy, he's been, man is busy. Pod Meets World keeps him busy.
Speaker 1: He does, but you know we made it work with you know, he sent his blessing to Sabrina to go do this solo and you killed it.
Speaker 4: So I'm excited for everyone to hear it all right.
Speaker 3: Well, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: First, I'm getting a chance to talk to Malachi and Freya, and then you gotta keep listening because we get a chance to interview Milo and Meg. All right, guys, Well, first of all, congratulations. This is incredible, not to just be a part of the franchise that is epic and Witches Zombies, but to be a part of the Channel in such a big way.
Speaker 3: So congratulations you guys.
Speaker 2: We've been recapping the Zombies franchise over at Magical rewind and I feel like you expect the movies, see their plateau, but these just keep getting.
Speaker 3: Bigger and better.
Speaker 5: It's wild.
Speaker 2: How does it feel to be a part of such an epic franchise at the Channel?
Speaker 5: Huge? Crazy, so awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was wild coming into it, just because it was like there's a little bit of pressure coming into such a such a beloved franchise, but also Megan, Milo and all the ogs just welcomed us with open arms, and it was it.
Speaker 5: Was really really cool to be able to do a project with them and hang out.
Speaker 6: I've known Megan Milo for a while now, just being in the Disney World at the same time, and then just to be able to come to come together and be creative with creatives is really is really fun.
Speaker 2: We talked to Meg and she said that this felt like a different filming situation because of the new characters coming in that she felt like she they had a responsibility to kind of show you guys the ropes.
Speaker 3: Was that how you felt?
Speaker 7: One thousand percent? They were genuinely mentors.
Speaker 8: I mean, they've done it before, They know this franchise better than anyone, so getting to learn from them on a set with something that they're so good at they're just in their.
Speaker 7: Element was so helpful.
Speaker 8: I feel like joining a franchise like this, there's no way to prepare yourself and having them there just felt like the ultimate guidance.
Speaker 7: That like was incredible.
Speaker 3: And what about your guys's rehearsal?
Speaker 2: That was always my favorite part during me Bema because it was the time where you're doing hard work, but you're chilling and you're actually getting to know your casts and the chemistry is building within those rehearsals.
Speaker 3: How was that for you guys?
Speaker 7: It was so fun.
Speaker 8: I mean throughout the rehearsal process, we actually spent every second together as a cast.
Speaker 7: We would spend the day doing like.
Speaker 8: Dance rehearsals, and then we'd do fittings, and then we'd do like hair and makeup trials, and then.
Speaker 7: We'd all go out like bowling. Then we'd go for dinner or something.
Speaker 8: So it was the ultimate time to get to know each other and just really just have some fun while learning how to be a part of the franchise. So Rehustle Pier is probably one of my favorite pots.
Speaker 6: And it was also like this was one of this is my first musical, so coming into like the dance world, the singing world and all that type of stuff, I had somewhat of experience before a little bit.
Speaker 3: You're saying you didn't have a ton of dance experience before this, You're getting me.
Speaker 5: I mean, I I was so good. I danced when I was like, I mean what for once. But it was like it was a.
Speaker 6: Full on dancing boot camp, which was awesome. But the choreographers helped us out the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So we filmed in New Zealand.
Speaker 5: Yes, wow, insane?
Speaker 3: I mean, did you guys get to meet each.
Speaker 2: Other at all? Was their table reads here and rehearsals here or was everything popping over to your new like.
Speaker 3: Home for a while.
Speaker 6: It was really funny. We are actually sitting in the room where we and me and her.
Speaker 7: Medicine, but we met for the first time.
Speaker 6: Oh and so so yeah we had we had like the chemistryads and stuff like that, but other than that, I mean, she was she lives in London and that was on the other side of the All the communication and all the the chemistry that we built was over FaceTime and zoom those two three in person chemistry reads that we did, and then we just got out there and but we facetimed so much that it was like we once we got to New Zealand, we felt like we already had known each.
Speaker 5: Other for years. But yeah, yeah, we're also just besties. So it's chill Besty for the rest.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: So your audition process must have been a little bit different since you were not here in the States.
Speaker 8: Yes, yeah, so my audition process was initially it was like self tapes and stuff, which was all I really have ever known. I'd never even done a chemistry read or read with another person before, so that was a whole new experience in itself. So did a self tape and I did another self tape that it was like a zoom call with the director and producers and then they were like, hey, do you want to come to LA for a chemistry read?
Speaker 7: I was like, how do I chemistry read? What is that?
Speaker 8: So then I came out and I met Malec for the first time in the chemistry read. I flew home and the next day they were like, actually you wanted to come back out again.
Speaker 7: And I was like, cool, I'll be on the next flight.
Speaker 8: So we had like two chemistry reads and then I found out I booked it, and it was just after a long process, which was also so much fun. It was just the biggest relief to be like, all the hard work paid off.
Speaker 3: Who was with you when you got the car? My mom and my dad.
Speaker 8: Yes, it was like two am because of the LA to London time difference, so it was like two am and my parents got the call and they were like, we can't wait until the morning to tell her. So they got me out of bed and we're like, Freyer, they need headshots of you. I don't know how I believed it, but I got out of bed started posing for these pictures and then and then they told me and I.
Speaker 2: Was while you found out, yes, yes, best parent move Ever's amazing.
Speaker 3: I love that you will have it forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because this is the start of something just giant and it's gonna just keep evolving.
Speaker 3: And I love that. Oh man, that is that is amazing. So we've talked a little bit about the choreography and the musicals.
Speaker 2: Now obviously zombies just for their epic I mean, Paul Howen just knows how to just put on a show.
Speaker 3: I love him. What I know this is hard to do to anyone.
Speaker 2: But out of the nine songs, what do you guys think, maybe not what your favorite is, but maybe one of your favorite like memories of just filming this actual the actual thing. Was it more that Was it more of the songs between you two? Or was it more of the big dance battles and everything that happens within the movie.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's I feel like it's kind of a mix of both between like the moments between me and her because those are so special for our characters and our character development. But also I think that the big group number is like I mean, shoot Place to Be is it's such a big number, and it's.
Speaker 5: It's the moment where you're.
Speaker 6: Introduced to the Vampires and the day Walkers, and I mean we filmed at a sand dune, we filmed in water at the beach, and we filmed all over.
Speaker 5: The place for that one.
Speaker 6: And yeah, it was fun because you know, the whole cast was there, all the dancers were there that day and it was like those days because those were films super split up. Yeah, but yeah, I would say Place to Be is definitely. If I had to pick like a favorite big group number, I would have to say Place to Be just because it was it was so much fun to film and the dancers. Not to mention the New Zealand dancers, it is absurd, like they would they would come into work and it's like that you'd think that they're not paying any attention because they're just like messing around and then all of a sudden they're like, we're gonna do like a full out run through and it's just locked in, like full remove, like just to the dime.
Speaker 5: It's it's really unreal.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have I mean, did you have just like so much excitement? Meaning the choreographers of this franchise and what they do. My favorite thing is every single you know, monster has their own style, so like picking up what makes you different the day Walkers from the Night Walkers. That had to be so excited to see what they were going to turn out for your guys' characters.
Speaker 7: It was so exciting.
Speaker 8: I mean, I speak to the choreographer like I speak to them all the time, and they're like, on the first day, we could just tell you we was so nervous, and I was like I was, I was freaking out. I didn't have much dance experience, let alone it was my first kind of day in rehearsals meeting everyone, so I was so nervous. But the big thing that they always say is get the choreography on your bones and then make it you make it your character, make it look different to everyone else who's doing the same moves, but also in a way that feels authentic to them. So that was something really fun that we got to kind of play with. But yeah, it was it was daunting going into that because the choreography that took me like three weeks to learn took the dancers twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: So I was like, wow, yes, but it didn't look like that on the screen. I have to tell you, guys, I like, I live for dance productions, and so I'm a little critical, and you guys came out and it was fresh faces, fresh energy, and a fresh take on all of this. So it's exactly what the franchise was needing and like, amazing. Franchise has been awesome, but having you guys part of it was magical.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: So you guys again, like the torch is starting to feel like it's being passed on to your guys' characters. This franchise that's all about having and embracing differences within each of your guys' you know, families and units. What do you guys feel like you want most for the big fans of Zombies to take away from Zombies?
Speaker 3: For Wow, that's it.
Speaker 2: I know, I went deep and we've been talking about fun stuff. Now it's time to get deep.
Speaker 6: I feel like the general taking home the general message of all the Zombies franchises, which is like, even if you are so different and you've been taught that like you guys don't work together, that you oftentimes will work together, and there's no like, no, there's no difference great enough to like fully separate a group of people. And so I think that, yeah, the idea of coming together and the equality and just loving one another is Yeah, definitely a big message that I know that we are both very grateful to have been like had the opportunity to portray that.
Speaker 5: On screen, Yes, which is really cool. Yeah, that's the number one piece that I hope people take away.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did it feel like the Torch was really being like throughout? I mean, it portrays so beautifully in the show. Did it feel like that from them? They were like wanting to give you guys Like you said, they've been mentoring you. But were they feeling like they're saying goodbye to their characters or is there still so much more for them to do?
Speaker 7: Or I mean who knows.
Speaker 8: I mean, we really hope to see them in the future of Zombies, because you know, they have been here from the very beginning.
Speaker 7: They are Ze and Addison.
Speaker 8: They're just so incredible, so to see them in future movies would be incredible, But who knows what.
Speaker 7: The future holds.
Speaker 8: It just felt very surreal, honesty, and I think we felt so lucky to get to have them in this movie, so heavily involved in helping us out. But like I remember a day that was just so surreal was when we filmed Possible, which is one that I haven't actually talked a lot about, but the day they were singing the lyrics like we're passing you the torch and they're like singing in off faces about how we can do it, felt like it really connected.
Speaker 7: To like us as well as Victor and Nova.
Speaker 8: So that was surreal scene Zed Madison like sing that to us about how we can do it.
Speaker 7: That was really crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 6: I mean I remember one moment that was like really wild that they were just there was the feeling and like the energy of like okay, there there's they're slowly like hey, maybe we come back, but also you never know type of thing was the table read case God, they started singing Someday because we were going through the whole script and then and they looked over at I forget what scene we were doing, but we were doing a scene during the table read and I look over and Meg, Milo, Chandler and Kylie are all like bawling their eyes out, just chilling in an office building in the middle of New Zealand and they are just just like breaking down because of I mean, you're you're looking at this is their baby, this friend.
Speaker 2: The characters mean so much to them, like the development of their character mean so much, and they know how much it means to the fans. I think that's one of the best things about being someone on the Channel is the kinds of fans you get. You know they are in it and they will ride and I for you, And that's amazing. I feel like did with both of those. You've got some emotions out of them. But what about the weight? I mean, they are pretty much you know, this generation's you know, Barbie Ken.
Speaker 3: They are like an IT couple.
Speaker 2: Yes, is that heavy for you guys to feel like that's something that's being taken on as where your characters are going, like just knowing what the fans are gonna want. I mean, for me, I was ready for a wedding in this movie. Say not with you, guys, but with them. I tested in the two of them, so I was ready for a wedding. I mean, is that's a lot to take on as your guys' first big thing on the Channel?
Speaker 3: Is that hard? I can't imagine how much pressure that could be.
Speaker 7: Yes, I think it's a lot. It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 8: I think it's big shoes to be able to step into and especially with it being our first, I think, you know, joining and getting to still be with z and Addison is something that's so cool, and getting to kind of see how their relationship is blossomed after three movies to how ours.
Speaker 3: Is in just one.
Speaker 8: So yeah, it's it's a lot of pressure. But joining the Zombies franchise, the Zombies fans, like, the fan base is just so welcoming and kind, and I think that's been something that's made this whole process so much more exciting because we know that everything that we find exciting and fun they do as well. They share that excitement and joy with us, so they're just the best. And I actually feel like it's taken a lot of the pressure off and made it feel a lot more like a family with how incredible they are.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: I couldn't agree more.
Speaker 2: Said, I know, you don't want to get yourself a trouble to aid too much, but you guys were amazing and it seems like you guys are already pros at this and you can handle whatever comes at you. So I love the movie does tease us a little bit about what could possibly come within this franchise world. I'm not gonna say anything asking too much because I'm sure you can't give it to me, But what are your hopes for the next chapter within either your character or you know, your tribes that you guys wrong?
Speaker 6: Honestly, I mean, you know know this is the Zombies franchise is so much just expect the unexpected. I mean, you had wear Wolves in one movie and then the next movie is Alien, so it's like there's clearly no not really a pattern.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but but yeah, you never really know.
Speaker 6: I mean, obviously you saw the you saw the little teaser, so something maybe water related comes in hot.
Speaker 2: Which I was interested because when I went to watch well, I first saw a few things for this one. I felt like they teased a little bit of water something or there was something in the rumorville within the fans that they were expecting waters. So what we had with the day Walkers and when the Vampires was shocking.
Speaker 3: So it's like, oh, like we're the fans into something that no one else even knew. Paul Owed himself didn't even know it. He predicted it.
Speaker 8: I think something water related has been brewing for a while, and yeah, I feel like we'd just be so excited to have the opportunity to step back in and explore more of the craziness that happens over that.
Speaker 5: But I want to see where we go. I want to see where this relationship goes.
Speaker 6: I would love to see, like just the the growth of the relationship and see, you know where we if we can get to a wedding, Victor Nova can get to a wedding, it.
Speaker 7: Make it official.
Speaker 3: Hey, I am about it. I love it.
Speaker 2: I you know, the dizzy this to me was them saying I love you. And I mean because Magical Rewind, we're watching all d coms, and so we're seeing the difference and the growth within the channel, and you know, Magical Rewind watching the third movie I think was when we got Addison and Zaid's first I love you, an actual, real kiss, not just like a little peck, like a meaningful kuss multiple kisses.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's it's a lot, but I would love.
Speaker 2: To see where this relationship takes off because I think it was your guys' chemistry was just magic from the start, and how you guys saw each other before you ever knew each other. I mean, this is a magical dream for all of us. Yes, guys, can you do.
Speaker 3: Zombie four and four words?
Speaker 5: Zombie four and four words? Should we go bang for bang like we did?
Speaker 7: Okay, let's just see when we want to. Okay, Okay, emotional, unexpected, elevated.
Speaker 3: I knew that would be next one.
Speaker 8: Nice, nice, Sorry, I knew that.
Speaker 5: I was so good at Okay, we have what we have.
Speaker 6: You have emotional, you have elevated, we have unexpected, unexpected. I'm gonna say pop rock with a little dash thing that one word basically.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Alex.
Speaker 5: That's because it's you know, it's the pop rock vibe for all the music that defines.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm going to say intense. I think it's some very intense moments, very emotional. I'm kind of said emotional, but like intense.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say scenic. I'm going to say very scenic.
Speaker 3: Yes, the visuals were.
Speaker 5: New Zealand character in this movie.
Speaker 6: And yeah, I remember when we watched it, it's like it's so odd.
Speaker 5: It's it's just it's wild. The locations are crazy.
Speaker 6: And I know that you were saying yesterday somebody was like, oh, they go all the way out.
Speaker 8: To New Zealand for just to use green screen and then its.
Speaker 2: Screen, But that again is Paul Hoan doing what he does like insane. He makes unrealistic backdrops with what.
Speaker 3: Is actually right there in front.
Speaker 2: And one of my favorite memories was walking up to one of ours and going, it looks like someone painted this, you know, yeah with the sets how like just extreme they are and everything, So I know that must have been just amazing.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Is there anything you guys want to say to the zombie fans listening as far as you know, either what to hope for or what you guys hope they catch within this movie?
Speaker 5: Get Ready? Get Yeah, get Ready?
Speaker 7: Get Ready?
Speaker 8: I think all I would say is I hope you love it, enjoy it, watch it as many times as you possibly can.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I think we.
Speaker 8: There were lots of people working on this behind the scenes as well as on the camera, so a lot of work went into this. So we just hope that the fans love it as much as we do. And yeah, just like, live with it, enjoy it. Dress up as as the Halloween.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I would love to see that.
Speaker 2: We got what was your guys the creating of your guys' costumes?
Speaker 3: Did you guys have any part in.
Speaker 2: It of what you like, what style you were going for, what you kind of wanted to put your own spin on they gave.
Speaker 6: So they gave us like little an idea of what they were going to look like. And I mean obviously we got to talk about like oh, size wise, like proportion wise, but honestly, the vibe was kind of set from the start, and we were I was, I'm gonna speak for myself, like I was so stoked about it, Like the whole vibe of the vampires is it's dark and eerie and you know, suspicious in a way. But yeah, I loved it. So they did a great job. Costume department cooked.
Speaker 8: I feel the exact same, Like I feel like it was just so clear from the very beginning that I feel like you're just so Victor, and I feel like I was so nervous stepping into the costume.
Speaker 7: I was like, this just makes sense.
Speaker 8: I feel like there was nothing that either of us would change about any of it because it just it just felt so right for the characters and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I've asked so many of your guys' cast how long did it take? What was your getting ready process? How long were you having to get early in the trailer.
Speaker 5: I walked in ten minutes in. I was gone, Really it.
Speaker 7: Was quick, Okay, they didn't need to do anything I need.
Speaker 2: At was like, fully with you with all of the glitter and stuff, I mean, were you have were you washing it out every night or just letting it kind of sit every single day?
Speaker 8: So I remember as soon as we started doing tests and I was like, hey, my incredible makeup art is Tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Who I love so much. I was like, hey, so there's like lots of glitter. This is gonna be like a wash every night. Case she was like mm hmm.
Speaker 8: I was like, so every night I had to wash my hair and there'd be so much product in it. But honestly, now I look at it, I'm like, I'm glad.
Speaker 7: It looks so good. But there was glitter everywhere on your face, my face.
Speaker 8: The whole cast was covered in glitter. So every day we'd have tape and like, get off them. I might even have been in.
Speaker 7: A ten foot radius and you would be covered. It was just magnetic.
Speaker 3: I was chilling, comfy, Your hair looked easy.
Speaker 9: It was like you were just fresh, based like created it, ready to go.
Speaker 6: They slip my hair back, and there's some like black guyeliner on.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, specific because that's very different, got it? Okay, all right, guys, Well, thank you so much. This has been amazing, and again, congratulations. I so look forward to seeing where this franchise takes you guys and to the stars and beyond. It's just going to be amazing. So congratulations. I'm really happy for you guys.
Speaker 7: Thank you so much. It was so nice to meet you.
Speaker 9: You too, you guys, Hello, congratulations.
Speaker 3: Zombies for is here.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time coming. I feel like as far as from the very first one you guys heard, the original ogs, you guys made this franchise what it is from the start.
Speaker 3: How does it feel to be at Zombies for Surreal?
Speaker 10: I can't believe that this is what our life has become. I've said this before. I can't believe we did Zombies two or three, So I mean there was like talks of Zombies four pretty soon after Zombies three as well, and that even the journey in between, you know, that was like three years in between those movies, so that was even like is this happening or not? But we're here, We're looking at a poster right now, we have five newbies that are fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you guys are producers on this one now. And what was the difference for you guys? Feeling like you've gone from obviously building the brand with you guys your chemistry, always constantly inviting new monster rivalries on getting them together to work together, and now you guys.
Speaker 3: Are really like the top dogs producing.
Speaker 2: And I know we've actually talked to quite a few of your cast members on Magical Rewind that said, like, you guys were the leaders on and off set, the ones that always kind of showed them the way and invited and always kept everyone inclusive. How does it feel to be now producers on top of that making decisions right?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 5: Surreal?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I got you guys.
Speaker 10: I don't know how do you feel, Meg?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I feel incredible. I think you know, Milo and I have been through so much together and like throughout all the movies, like we keep saying like we like really wanted to be involved creatively from the start, Like not only do we care so much about Zed Madison obviously, but just like the entire Zombies world, Like from the first movie, we were like so invested in the world and now to be on a fourth one is just crazy. But to be able to be involved creatively with like the script and the casting and the wardrobe and literally anything and everything, and to be so accepted by Disney and they like hear us and they like value our opinion, it was like really cool to kind of just realize that and and be apart and to help, you know, uh, navigate all the kiddos and like help them in anything that they needed to.
Speaker 2: I remember talking to you during our interview and you're like, I feel just like you said, I don't want to age myself, but.
Speaker 3: I feel like a grandma now because it used to be us.
Speaker 10: There's so literally it's a scene in the movie where we're like on rocking chairs watching them like cheers, and I noticed that I can't believe we are grandparents at this point. I don't know why we skipped it.
Speaker 3: Was very grand far from it, but I mean it is. It's a lot.
Speaker 9: You guys know what it's like, even just to be actors.
Speaker 2: In the industry young and now having all this experience behind you, passing that knowledge on to kids that you start caring about very quickly.
Speaker 3: I'm sure on set, of course.
Speaker 10: I mean there's like so many parallels. Also, you know, I see so much of myself in all of the kids. But also for me, like Trevor Torchman was such an older brother on the first three movies. Yeah, yeah, right exactly. And I have so many moments where I'll say something that they said to me that you know, five years ago or whatever, and I'm just like, oh, wow, this is so We're really in this position now, which is crazy.
Speaker 2: And they look up to you just like I'm a sponge give me everything.
Speaker 10: I would never admit it, but.
Speaker 2: I just interviewed them and they definitely feel that way. They are so appreciative of everything that you guys have done, and I think that's huge.
Speaker 3: As far as with Zombies four, we get to.
Speaker 2: Meet our new monster rivalries are Daywalkers and our vampires. What were you guys really wanting to make sure that kept them different? That's what's the best thing about this franchise is every monster, you know, group has different style of clothing, different choreography, which is you know, my favorite part.
Speaker 9: I learned the new styles every time.
Speaker 2: And what was your guys's things that you were looking forward to with in those that new group.
Speaker 10: That's a great question. I think this is the first time we're leaving Seabrook and going somewhere else, so the opportunity for whatever this new creature species was was pretty huge. Yeah, And you know that's why they have like full on superpowers in this one. And I know that this sounds kind of boring, but it's just important that they're cool. They're just super like swaggy beings. They like, they look cool, they use their powers to do cool things, and you want to feel inspired by them. And just like when you're watching the movie, you want to, you know, you want to love them, and it's very easy to because they're very They're very kind, but they're also quite fierce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which I love well.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're talking about what you guys done have within them on set off offset, but more so it feels like your characters are passing a torch within this movie. But the future is still very big as far as where we're going with the franchise and what are we seeing and what can we possibly expect of you guys ever taking those rules on again, are we are we done with you guys? Or are we still. I mean, I was a little disappointed I didn't get a wedding this one, so I like it to come on a wedding adventure real quick.
Speaker 10: Yeah, maybe we'll see that eventually. I mean, me and Meg will definitely be involved with the rest of the Zombies franchise somehow, whether it's in front of behind the camera. But you know, I think the important thing is that we just keep this really cool universe going and we can. We could do that with or without us in there because we have this new team.
Speaker 4: But we'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're gonna start singing someday by themselves without you though, Yeah, like we can't do that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, who knows. We have so many Day equivalents now, yeah, true, it's true.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Lastly, why should fans old or New tune in to watch your guys as zombies?
Speaker 11: Four?
Speaker 10: Great question.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 11: Well, one of the things that I really love about the New Day Walkers and Vampires is like, not only do they have their own like choreography, just like every kind of monster in this movie has.
Speaker 7: It's really cool.
Speaker 11: The music is so different from any of the other zombie movies we've had. It's like very reminiscent of like kind of older Disney where it's like pop rock, almost like theatery too, and it's kind of going back to the Disney that like we grew up on, which is really cool. It's very like camp rock, high school musical vibes. So I think people really love that nostalgic kind of sounding music, and I think that's a great reason to tune in because the musical numbers are just incredible.
Speaker 10: It's just so fun. And if you are a Zombies fan already, this is like a huge new chapter where it's very exciting to see all the new stuff going on. And if you're not a Zombies fan, this is honestly kind of a great place to start, yea. And if you love this movie and you're getting the vibes, then you can go see the backstory.
Speaker 3: It all started.
Speaker 7: Yeah, true.
Speaker 3: Oh that's awesome. I know this is a hard question.
Speaker 2: I've I said one more, but do either of you guys have when you think nostalgic, whether it's this movie or one of your other ones, where if you had to think of one moment as you guys were filming, what would it be as far as one of your big musical numbers or just the intimate ones between you guys. What would be the one that it's there and nothing can replace.
Speaker 10: I'm already thinking about it right now. And it was actually something that we shot on this movie Zombies four. We have a cute little duet at the end of the movie, and everything about that day was very magical. I mean, the clouds parted like it was such, it was windy and whatnot. And then right when we were just getting a rehearsal or something, it just was so beautiful. It got so quiet, me and Meg. It was just us and the crew, so we were really reflecting on the whole journey, you know, from the first Zombies movie, and we get.
Speaker 2: Some tapping, which gave me a little you know, like like I was there.
Speaker 7: I loved it.
Speaker 10: You were feeling that there for sure.
Speaker 11: I think like honestly, every scene from Zombies one, like whether it was like the scene I had with Kylie and the zombies like kind of like Bam Area or some day or anything like, it just makes me feel very very nostalgic. And then also in Zombies three, when we are like saying goodbye to each other, when I'm going, well, you're about to take and I like disappear.
Speaker 3: Like ditch me.
Speaker 11: I know, yeah, intergalactic travel you killed me? Yeah so, And I think about that fondly because it was really fun a film, but it was also.
Speaker 10: Very that was tough because we weren't I wasn't with you when we were doing that.
Speaker 5: Something this scene.
Speaker 11: For the first time, and then I did, and then we go like that and then I disappeared.
Speaker 5: Was hard.
Speaker 2: It's hard because I mean, let's be real, like I went to a regular high school and Z's just don't exist there. I mean, he was just soportive and you just kept trying to leave every second your own thing.
Speaker 11: This is why you want you why you watched this movie, because Addison doesn't pull any fast ones this time.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Solid.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, each other, Yeah, I swear I felt secure with Addison this movie for the first.
Speaker 3: Time in a while, that he was not trying to go anywhere.
Speaker 2: All kinds of stuff, taking risks that we should not be taking.
Speaker 10: We all got to balance ourselves out, you know, Okay, five, she's gonna be on the.
Speaker 9: Her out.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see where it comes. And again, please, I'm going to talk to pon myself some.
Speaker 3: Some wedding bells, please, Paul.
Speaker 2: But you guys, another one, just when we couldn't think that it could get any better. You guys just like Annie up one more time again. Can't wait to see what will end up in Zombies five, but for now I will live in this one for a minute.
Speaker 11: And I congratulate, acknowledge the icon that you are being a cheated girl yourself. Like, we can't not end the interview and not say like, thank you so much for everything.
Speaker 10: Just Disney legends chilling right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're a Disney not so Yeah.
Speaker 10: You you walked so we can run.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you actually ran your yea and the reason why you wanted to be in Disney was because of the Cheetah girls.
Speaker 3: So yeah, no, my god, yeah it's true.
Speaker 11: We better cut it out tales.
Speaker 2: Yeah so yeah, So thank you, congratulate, and I'm just so excited for all of this is taking you guys. It is so well deserved, and congratulations for everyone.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Walking into the room right from the beginning, the energy of these two young actors, it just took me back to just being in that moment of realizing this movie you've worked so hard on about to come out. You're so excited, anticipating what the fans are gonna say, what the fans are gonna feel about it, And for them, they're jumping into an already made franchise, so obviously the nerves, but more than anything, the excitement. And these two they shine like the brightest stars out there. I am so excited for them. They were so sweet. They gave us so much insight on what it felt like to take on these big shoes that their co stars Megan Milo have set forth for them, and.
Speaker 3: It was just it was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was to see these young, young actors who work so hard really starting to see all that's in front of them was just incredible. After getting a chance to talk to Malachi and Freya, I got to step into the room with the King and Queen themselves, Milo and Meg and let me tell you, it felt like I was walking into the throne room of royalty with these two. They are such killer actors, incredible dancers, singers, just all around performers.
Speaker 3: But yet the love they have for.
Speaker 2: This franchise is what made me smile the most. You could tell they have built this brand, they want the best. They are now executive producers on Zombies four, and you can just tell the level of maturity and experience these two have now with this franchise and that they are the ones that really bring that fire that makes a franchise just ignite. And I got a chance to chat all about it.
Speaker 4: We're excited. We're going to be recapping the movie with Will as well.
Speaker 2: So yes, I know Will hasn't gotten to see it. I've gotten to see this before him, and he is gonna love it. There's so many parts that I think he's really gonna love and everything that he was sort of, you know, needing that he felt a little bit lacking in this third movie, I think he's gonna get this and like two fold in this fourth movie. I think he's really this is gonna be exactly what he was looking for.
Speaker 3: So he has not seen it yet, I have. We're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Rub that in his face a little bit during the recap because I'm gonna watch it for sure again.
Speaker 3: But thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 2: This was such a special journey for me to be able to get a chance to talk to these incredible actors, to see, you know, how much love each one of them have for this movie and to be right there. Most of the time we're talking about movies that were made years ago, and we have a chance with Zombies four to be right in it at the start of this and you guys got it.
Speaker 3: Check this movie out. It is so good.
Speaker 2: I know that you guys are gonna absolutely love it and it has everything we need and a little bit of a teaser at the end. Zombies four premieres on the Disney Channel July tenth, and you guys can stream it on Disney Plus the next day. So thank you again, you guys for listening to Magical Rewind. Make sure you check everything out on our Instagram at Magical rewind Pod, and also check out all of our interviews and stay tuned for our next movie. Bye guys,