Speaker 1: What's the deal with your boy, Rowdy Racks. Check me out on the Bootleg keV podcast. Get with Me, get to know.
Speaker 2: Me, Let's get it yo, it's the Bootleg cav podcast. Man, we got a special guest in here, Roddy Racks.
Speaker 1: Rowdy motherfucking Racks.
Speaker 2: First of all, shots of your chain. But what is this other thing that looks like it looks like perfume or a crystal or what is that? Bruh Oh, that's fire. That's like a hologram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Loki three.
Speaker 2: D Oh, that shit is crazy.
Speaker 1: The little soccer ball that's dope. Yeah, they almost fire, that's dope. Identical twins, girls, you got twins?
Speaker 2: First of all, when you found out you was having twins, were you like fuck?
Speaker 1: Nah? It was more like what the fuck? You know what I mean? But that my mom told me that twins running her family, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like if I found a man I would have been I'd have been like damn shit, just got a lot more stressful. Now we got to buy two of everything.
Speaker 1: In my mom's family, there's a she has like three sets of twin cousins. Yeah, so it skipped my generation and goes to my kids, you know what I mean, it skips the generation.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess it's pretty easy. Do you buy them just the same of everything, like two of everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it sucks because like when I see something that I really really like, I want to buy it for my daughter. If there ain't two of them.
Speaker 2: You can't buy it. Yeah, that's crazy. So they're both about to be five. Yeah, they're about to be pre school. Yeah, preschool man shot out to preschool man. That's what's something. We'll listen. You're fucking fired, dude. I was telling your boy, Oh, you're like the fucking Mexican fucking sugar Free dog. You'll be saying some shit. You got music with sugar Free too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my boy.
Speaker 2: The video is crazy. What was it like working with him? Was he like a big inspiration because I feel like I hear the inspiration growing up.
Speaker 1: He was definitely an influence on me. Like you know, I mean all the West Coast legends and ogs were you know what I mean. So working with that dude was like it was like damn, you know what I mean. I called it home. He's like, hey, I'm right here with sugar Free doing a video like what no way was it? Like?
Speaker 2: Uh? Was he everything you had hoped t b?
Speaker 1: He was a trip man? He was. He's definitely a dope ass character, dope ass person as an individual. Me fun to be wrong?
Speaker 2: Were you when when you when you did that record, did you like have him in mind?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, I had did that record a while back, you know what I mean, And then my managers had asked me, like, you know, get to give him a list of people that I wanted a feature from, and sugar Free was on the list, you know. So then they hit me back like, hey, we got that sugar Free feature, Like you know what I mean? You want to hit the session? And I was like, you know what put him on this track? I know exactly what song I want to put him on, Like you know what I mean? Yeah, it's perfect for ums, right in his element.
Speaker 2: So did you like come up you know, doing similar you know, obviously similar activities to what sugar Free would rap about back in the day.
Speaker 1: Not really like I never really you know, pimp no bitches or nothing like that, but I was definitely I definitely had game, like when it comes to females and relationships with them and stuff like that. You know what I mean. I had a game like I was a couple of steps ahead, so.
Speaker 2: You never were like actually like I was like sending bitches on dates.
Speaker 1: No, nothing like that. But I was definitely benefiting from the females I was talking talking to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you had your you had your your rotation and they were beneficial. Yes, yeah, are you are you? Are you married now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I'm married now to.
Speaker 2: Marry gang man? You gotta hang it up every once in a while.
Speaker 1: It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: After a while, it just becomes like you know what I mean, who who am I gonna Who am I gonna kick it with? Who's gonna be there with me for the rest of us?
Speaker 2: Trust? Yeah?
Speaker 1: For real?
Speaker 2: That's real for you? Was it like? Uh? Was it like? What was like the main where you were like, yo, man, it's time, I gotta fucking I gotta get married, Like.
Speaker 1: You know, it was more like, Okay, I'm gonna be honest. I was on my way to prison, so I was like, what's up, Like, You're donna marry.
Speaker 2: Me on the way to prison?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like could we get some contugal visiness going on? She was like, Yeah, I'm gonna marry you. Got you.
Speaker 2: How long was your sentence A couple of years? So you proposed before prison knowing and she knew you were going.
Speaker 1: No, I have proposed we got Mary Wallace in the county.
Speaker 2: So you got married in jail knowing you're about to be shipped.
Speaker 1: Off the prison.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the fuck? That's romantically gangster. Yeah shout and she held you down, Yes she did. That's fire. How did the contract? I always wonder how the conjugal visits work, because you obviously have to be married, so your wife would come and visit you.
Speaker 1: First, she has to be approved to visit, you know what I mean. Then the rest of it is on me. I have to get my visits to prove.
Speaker 2: Like you can't be in there fucking off.
Speaker 1: No, you got to have to behavior, and you know you have to be trusted, right, you know what I mean? So yeah, but it is a right, like I have a right to conjugal visits.
Speaker 2: So then wife you would come and they just leave you guys in like a room or like a shed or what does.
Speaker 1: She gets to spend like the weekend with me or whatever for a couple of days? Yeah, no, cat she brings she could bring groceries and all of that.
Speaker 2: What why would anyone go to prison and not be married exactly right? That sounds like it's not that bad as long as you keep your ship together, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's a there's a flip side, you know. Now she's now I'm stuck with her now forever. Oh yeah, I love my wife.
Speaker 2: She's a shot to her. But I like, yeah, we're yeah shots our wives. Man. Yeah, we're stuck with all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, they're stuck with us for sure.
Speaker 2: But that part is it? Like do guys in like like dudes in prison, when they know that you're about to go get some pussy from your wife for the weekend, do they be hating and trying to get you to step out of line? So you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, It depends, like you know what I mean. It depends like be like, man, get charges like you know what I mean? Yeah, get some extra for me, dog, like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like like Jesus, yeah I could, Man, that'd be crazy. I could because I always said to myself, like, man, if if I had to go sit down, I couldn't. I don't think I could jerk off in the same room. As a dude, you know what I'm saying. So I just feel like once I got out of prison, I would just have like the most ultimate like fucking just just whoever is getting this get pregnant right away?
Speaker 1: The case that was the case, You'll get yourself sent to the whole on purpose.
Speaker 2: Just so you could go in there and just rub the shit out and and you know, fucking access to spank bank and.
Speaker 1: Man tap needs. You know what I mean, Just how just like how women has needs for.
Speaker 2: Sure, man for sure? Yeah? Was that your only time going to prison?
Speaker 1: I've been in prison four times?
Speaker 2: Four times in prison? Yeah damn? What what was the last? Like obviously your your successful?
Speaker 1: Now last the last term I did, I had to do two terms back to back, so I did one prison term. Then when I thought I was getting ready to get released, you know, they had us all in the tank and shit dressed out. All right, you come here, you come here, you're getting on the bus. You come here, not you Lopez, Sombordino's on their way to come get you. You have an open case in Sumbordine.
Speaker 2: I was like, fuck you, you're about to go home.
Speaker 1: My wife was devastated, like bet she was way to pick you up. She came all the way out there, and then I was telling her like, you know, trying to like comfort her or console her, like babe, don't trip. Like as soon as I get to Sambordino County and I go to court, They're gonna give me time served and I'll be released, like don't worry, just a couple more days, or you know what I mean. Then when I got to court court, they weren't trying to fuck with it, like, no, that's a separate case. That case is over. Now, how much more longer did you have to do another sixteen months?
Speaker 2: Shit? That had to be super devastating for your growth for you? You were pissed, so pissed.
Speaker 1: Sambordino County's petty though, Like Okay, if it was a the other way around, and I had a case in Sabordino County where I went to prison for and when I got out, I had an open case in LA, they would have gave me time served because LA is super overpopulated, like they're just trying to kick fools out, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, did you have to go to sanbury Dino County jail for sixteen months or they put you in prison.
Speaker 1: I was in Sambordino County for like five months while I was going to court and stuff like that. Then when I got my prison, when I got sentenced, I went back up to prison.
Speaker 2: Jesus man, what for you was like your like, Like was it being married that like motivated you to stay out and get your shit together and take the reason.
Speaker 1: I've been out for this time? Yes, definitely my wife, you know what I mean. Like, this is the first time I got out of prison and checked in, went to went to the office and checked I usually scount from the gate, like you know what I mean, You're just like out like fuck y'all, yeah when you can, you know what I mean. But this time it's like not, And I realized how easy it is like to really get off like you know what I mean, like or just comply. You know what I'm saying. I don't have to break in the rules no more because I have a career and a wife and a ship that like, you know what I mean, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: Have you been wrapping this whole time? Like while you're mixing it up getting in jail, but going to prison this whole time, you're.
Speaker 1: I've been rapping for four years, you know what I mean professionally, but.
Speaker 2: I just mean in general. Are you always writing raps like fucking around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't write Okay, it's off the top. Yeah, I keep up all in my head. But like, yeah, I've been rapping and making songs for the whole time. Yeah, since Juvenile Hall.
Speaker 2: So what made like you actually get in the studio and be like, yo, let me fucking see if I could actually make some show.
Speaker 1: One of my one of my older homegirls from the hood, she was like, browdy, I gotta get you in touch with my son. He's a promoter at the time, he was a promoter, my manager up, my manager Ocho. He was doing big events like throwing pretty much parties, but their events because they're held that venues or shit like that. So I was like all right, Like because her, I trust her word. Like so many people told me like, oh, I need to introduce you to this person, like you're hard and blah blah blah. But like everybody that tells me that, I'm just looking at him like okay, well, what's stopping you from doing that? Like you know what I mean, Like you're bullshitting, like I don't believe nothing nobody says but her. I value her opinion and her word, like, you know, I trust her. So I was like, all right, bet, where's he introduced me to? So then when she introduced me to them, he's all like, bro, you're hard, Like I got to get you in the studio with my artists. I was like, all right, let's do it, you know what I mean. And who's the other artist King most wanted? At the time, he had like five artists. I think King most wanted girls, Little dev mcm Raymond Huhim, and Kater Bandit. So I introduced all the guys, you know what I mean, and it was like it was a trip because they're all black, you know what I mean. I'm Mexican, you know what I mean. But I wrap like up there with them.
Speaker 2: But you also like I feel like you're like if you were listening to your ship and you didn't see.
Speaker 1: What exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: Like I see the music video, I see your Mexican guy, but if I was just listening, I wouldn't even exactly.
Speaker 1: So they were like fucking with me heavy, you know what I mean. From there, it was just like Bam, we just clicked. I was rolling with them all the time. Yeah, you know what I mean. So but at that time, in the beginning stages, like I said, we weren't my manager wasn't balling yet nothing like we were just like starting off, you know what I mean. And then I did a couple of events and then bam, I got busted. That's into prison. So I did like two years and shit I got out and then right back up. Yeah I got out. But by that time they were cracking.
Speaker 2: But what they what they busted you for, was it just like you were wanted, like you had war weapons. So it was like probation violation firearms. Yeah, that's so fucking crazy. You can't protect yourself in LA or Cali, doc, Yeah you can't. They make it impossible for you to get a fucking gun out of here, even if you ain't got priors. It's like you gotta jump through hoops. That's why I mean, I never got my California license, have my Arizona license. So they get pulled over. Ah, I didn't know I'm here visiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, right, that's good luck with that. Well, you might have a better chance than I was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fair enough. This guy's got priors. Yeah, that's what's up. Man. So you get out and you get right back to the rapping shit. You're married, no, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see this time when I got out, the label was popping, you know, the label that we started off with, like it was every artist had over a million views. That we have money, you know. So my managers like, don't trip, like, just keep making flows and when you get out, I'm gonna have a deal for you. I was like, all right, bet you know, because him being my older homegirl son, I trust his word, you know what I mean. I value his word just.
Speaker 2: Like talking about was his mom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's my nick though, Like that's my real like homegirl, like I have a lot of love and respect for you know what I mean. So when he told me that, I'm taking that as I'm gonna take it at face value. I'm gonna believe what he's saying, you know what I mean. So I'm prepared, preparing myself in my mind to get out and have a job, which is making music, you know what I mean. Yeah, And sure enough I got out, boom, signed a deal, got a bag. I was like, man, this is tight.
Speaker 2: Do you show the po your record deal, so they know that you're working. Yeah, but you have to have a job.
Speaker 1: They ask for the W two's and ship like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I know, like a lot of artists have a hard time, like if they're like like trying to like just make music, Like, well, that's not a job if you ain't.
Speaker 1: Making money exactly. If they're not signed, it's probably a little more difficult to You got to jump through to them, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Or go fucking get a fake job somewhere. Yeah. Now you'll work at my Homei's furniture store, you know what I'm saying, Sign some paperwork. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you see, even then, like I would roof with my brother just to help him out because he has his own roofing company. He's younger than me, you know what I mean. So I'm not no stranger to hard labor or nothing like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: You could throw a roof on the house if you need to.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, a nice one, some shingles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hey man, that's fucking during the summertime.
Speaker 1: You don't even know, bro we roofed one time through a heat wave.
Speaker 2: Well, and you guys are like closer that way, which is hotter. Yeah, because I'm from Arizona, So like, motherfucker's be doing roofing in one twenty degree weather. I don't know how they like the people who like say very hydra shit, I'm like, dude, that's it's hard. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: When we were roofing through the heat wave, it was like one fourteen, one thirteen, and I was literally feeling like because me and my brother, like, we get on each other's bumper, Like, you know, if I see him sitting down, get up, bitch, what you're doing? You know what I mean? He'll do the same with me. If he sees me taking a smoke, rape with my smoke, break with my vapor, She'll be like, what's up for? What are you doing? Like do something? You know what I mean. We get on each other. So, but that day during the heat wave, ill was feeling. I was like, man, fuck you, I'm taking a break, don't right, I'm about to fall off the road.
Speaker 2: Fucking uh. What do they call him? What do they call him when you dive from heat? Hard?
Speaker 1: The aujation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the idation. Yeah, So so I saw that you had because yeah, like I said, I'm from Arizona, and we were like the meth capital and you had your struggles with with doing How long were you tweaking?
Speaker 1: My whole childhood, like my teens, my teens.
Speaker 2: I was it was like a serious like problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was crazy.
Speaker 2: Were you smoking it? Were you sniffing it?
Speaker 1: Smoking it?
Speaker 2: Did you ever get to the point because like all of my family at some point in time has done meth or had serious issues with meth. And my uncle he used to get so tweaked out that he'd go in our bathroom and like pick his face because he thought there was bugs and shit in his fucking face. Like this motherfucker would be gad up. Did you ever like have like we ever felt like it was like bugs or some ship in your fucking skin? Would you get that feeling? Now? This motherfucker was tweaking? Yeah, well in Arizona called tweaking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, he was sweaking.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So because because because it's interesting, because it's almost like if you get used to that lifestyle, you're like, you know, you stay up how many days even.
Speaker 1: Now even now like uh like now that I'm sober, I still stay up late and sleep during the day like more right, I mean, but that also coincides with the rap the music lifestyle for sure. But yeah, like that's just a part of me now, Like you know, I'm an I'm like, I'm more of a night person.
Speaker 2: What's been like the sickest beings you've been on? Where you were up? Like, like how many days.
Speaker 1: Cool in it? Bro? Like at least a week or two?
Speaker 2: Jesus, what the fuck do you do? Dog?
Speaker 1: You just like but see at that time, I was just I was being crazy. I was gang banging. Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my cousin Sheldon, big math guy as well, and that he's uh, you know, he's in prison.
Speaker 1: That's why now that I'm rapping and I got all these like avenues that I can explore, you know, people want to help me out. I want to start foundations, like you know, if you're if you're gonna people are gonna help me out. I'm going to use that to help other people give back, yeah you know what I mean. So I'm gonna definitely start a foundation for first for the kids that are like delinquents. Yeah, I mean, it's gonna be Rowdy's kids. I'm gonna try to give them programs like to where they could do them board, So just any type of extracurricular activities where they could get their mind off of whatever's troubling them to be they can.
Speaker 2: Give them something to do. I think most kids get in trouble because they're bored.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, definitely. And not only that, they're bored and they have things that are that are affecting them, like subconsciously where you know, there's problems at home, but they don't really deal with the problems.
Speaker 2: Because their kids they also don't want to be at home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't know how to deal with their problems, right, so they take it and they ignore it. But really they're as they're ignoring it, it's transferring into negative energy and they're not understanding, you know what I mean. So I'm gonna try to help the kids out first, you know. Then after that, I'm gonna start a foundation for drugs and rehabilitation.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think like it sucks that, like we treat addicts like second classes and sometimes yeah, and it's like, man.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, you got to understand, like for the people who don't use, it's like what the fuck, Like, you know, this guy's obviously heavily under the influence, right. You can't expect them to trust you. You can't expect them to trust you with your with their finances, or with their property or like with nothing. Trust me. I know you're making if.
Speaker 2: Someone's if someone's off that he knows his parents have their issues.
Speaker 1: You're making yourself. You're giving, You're putting that image on yourself.
Speaker 2: You know for sure. Bro, my cousin, one of my closest cousins in my life shot my cousin matt uh.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: This motherfucker robbed our crib in the middle of the night, like while we were sleep. This will stole my jerseys, took ship from my stole my dad's guns, all kinds of shit dog just to hawk it off to get some more fucking meth. She's crazy, motherfuckers. It's so crazy, and it's it's interesting because you're applying. I always say this, if if drug addicts put the effort in that they put.
Speaker 1: Into something to get.
Speaker 2: Drugs, Yeah, and they actually put that effort into something productive, Oh my god, because motherfuckers will jump through hoops, they'll stab their family in the back.
Speaker 1: Crackheads. Hustle is windows unmatched. But honestly, I don't think. I don't think there's no excuse for that type of behavior because like, even though I had problems with drugs and I was addicted, I never robbed under my people or stole for my grandma's purse or none of that type of shit. Like I never stole for my family.
Speaker 2: That's important. Did you have you ever been in a parking lot at like a grocery store and someone saw you at a DT on your car and some tweaker pops out, like, Yo, I can fit your debt, bro, you know what I'm talking about, rights, iris and fools. Yo, I could fix the debt right now. You got thirty bucks.
Speaker 1: I got foods that could do anything. Bro, you have they'll hook up your cable. I got foods that'll do anything. But like I'm saying, though, like I never stole from my people, like I've never people can always trust me with whatever, like you know what I mean, Like I'll never go in their bag and take something like that's out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think it's important to be like, you know, a little empathetic towards people who do have addiction problems because the end of the day, there's a sickness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not THEMN, it's the addiction. But you can't. Yeah, you gotta be empathetic, but you can't be that judgmental. But it's also you can't be stupid, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Don't Yeah. I always say like you have to give people like like people like, you can't force someone to be cleaned. They have to come to that conclusion on their own and then be there for when they comes.
Speaker 1: Timing is definitely God's time.
Speaker 2: Once they hear rock bottom, then pick up the call. But you otherwise you're just enabling them, like oh yeah, sleep tonight, Yeah, go ahead, Yeah, yeah, No, you're just enabling for sure.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That So what was it like growing up you're in the Pointe? What was that? Obviously for people who don't know that's the SGV, What was it like growing up in that area?
Speaker 1: Shit? It was crazy, Like you know what I mean, it's crazy, especially in point they were. My whole city is ran by one gang. You know. It's not like there's a multiple gangs in the city. It's all the same gang. It's plinty, you know what I mean. But there's different clicks. So it's like we go at it with all the cities around us, and we go at it.
Speaker 2: With each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's why it's like growing up at point it was crazy, like you know what I mean, what team are you want? Mm hmm, straight up? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, No, it's it's definitely like I feel like the outskirts of like La, whether it's San Bernardino or Riverside or the SGV or even like over here on this side, like the you know, the San Fernando Valley, like it's always it's kind of forgotten, you know what I'm saying, And it's dope to see.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 2: I just had ybe up here, who's from the st Yeah, and he was shotting you out.
Speaker 1: That's a good dude right there, super good dude.
Speaker 2: And he been doing this thing for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I was younger, one of my hombies, also Vicious, used to wrap with them, so I know him for a cool minute.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: He's been a pretty cool dude.
Speaker 2: What was it? I saw you because I had heard you and I saw you in a Lefties interview that you did together with Icon because I know you guys had issues, But I mean it feels like there's a lot of positive energy coming out of your area. Obviously. Yeah, how important you think it was for you guys to kind of put whatever issues you had behind you and at the very least have like a.
Speaker 1: I think it was important just to show that, like, you know, the media or you know, the drama that people want to see doesn't control us, you know what I mean. Like, I'm not gonna go at it with this dude just because you guys want to see that happen, you know what I mean. I'm gonna do exactly what you guys don't think I'm gonna do, just to show that that has no control over me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like you're not going to crash out because the internet wants you to exactly.
Speaker 1: Nah, that's not me at all, you know what I mean. If I'm going to crash for somebody, it's gonna be for a reason, you know what I mean. It's gonna be like, I don't do that shit for no reason, you know what I mean, Because I did. I take it very seriously, you know what I mean. So if I'm gonna take it there, it's gonna be very serious, and it's gonna be for a reason. It's not gonna be for no reason. I'm not no dummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what I tell you guys, maybe teasing the idea, maybe doing some more music together. Is that something you guys, Would you guys ever do like a fucking EP or LP or something like that little joint project.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'll be open to doing it, yeah, but there's always things that are, yeah, you know what I mean, coming up that need to be taken care of first and foremost.
Speaker 2: Plus, you're fucking dropping hell of music. I feel like you're super active.
Speaker 1: Bro, and you don't even know I to you feel like I'm dropping hell of music. I feel like we're going so slow when it comes to dropping music because I have so much music in the world.
Speaker 2: How much music you're sitting.
Speaker 1: On at least like fifty sixty songs, wow, with at least like twenty or thirty really sick features on them?
Speaker 2: Which feature that isn't outter you most excited about? For the people that.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of them that I'm really excited about. I got some I got a few songs with Zoel Sama. I got a lot of different features that I'm excited about. But the number one feature and I'm really excited about is one with me and Joe Moses who shot to jail Man as a couple other really big artists on there that are that's gonna shot the world fire.
Speaker 2: Joe's dope.
Speaker 1: Joe's a great dude.
Speaker 2: He's out here coaching kids too. He's got the football league going.
Speaker 1: That's the homie right there. Shot.
Speaker 2: Did he give you some shoes? Yeah, he's got his band shoes.
Speaker 1: I got a pair of those.
Speaker 2: Last time I interviewed Joe Moses, he brought me like blue bandana shoes and I'm like, cult that quest. I'm like, buddy, you can't expect me to wear these shoes out.
Speaker 1: You can find a fucking outfit to warm.
Speaker 2: No, I can't me. I'm not wearing no fucking blue bandana shoes.
Speaker 1: Dog, I got the green ones. He's got his clothing label for sure that his stuff is really dope. It's not like just sure it to a writing on them like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: They have.
Speaker 1: It's nice, nice shit. I like his uh Colonial brown for sure.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because I feel like, uh, the type of music you make is extremely it in theory should be extremely well accepted in Northern California, and there's all these narratives out there about like the Noortagno's and the South Siders, and it's kind of turned into like Mexicans from La and Mexicans from the Bay not even working with each other just because of where they're from. Is that something you're conscious of, because I feel like you would pop the fuck off in the Bay because you're talking that shit.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I get it, you know what I mean. But I also understand where they're coming from, like like a, it's too much bad history between us, you know, in the prison system and stuff like that. I mean, there's I'm sure there's gonna be an artist that's gonna be over it. Kind of like how I am, Like, I'm open to work in any open to working with anybody who's not a PC, who's not an s m Y if they're willing to sees protective protective custody s and Y is specially special needs yard. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: It's pretty much like protective custody. If you have special needs, you can't be in a general population.
Speaker 2: So if someone's autistic, you won't work with it.
Speaker 1: It's not that that's just the nice way of saying special needs pedophile.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, if they're on the regular yard, they're gonna get fucking.
Speaker 1: Whacked, you know what I mean. So, but so, if there's anybody like Northerner or not, like you know what I mean, if they're willing to do music with me and on a respectful level, then I'm willing to do You.
Speaker 2: Think it's important man, to bridge that because at the end of the day, it's like, man, there's so many dope artists like I would love to hear you want some shit with like Burner. I think that should be crazy just talking some ill fly ship.
Speaker 1: That's you could count on that that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Has already happened, Okay, because the way he said it, it's like you could count on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, somebody's fucking that up for me right now.
Speaker 2: That'd be crazy. You a Burner, Yeah, That's what I'm saying. It's like, bro, like the Bay in la is like I feel like, at least on like the other side of hip hop, there's a lot of cohesive energy, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, And I feel like if the Latinos could get it.
Speaker 1: Trip out on a lot of my comments, like my videos and ship, they say like you know much love from up North, or like rowdy, you're hard, you know what I mean? Like a lot of Northerners be be tapping in with me and that's fire man. Yeah, not not any Northerner artists yet, but I think that has to do with a lot of the bullshit that's going on.
Speaker 2: Like like even like a guy like Pilo, like I feel like you on a plo bet would go fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: See I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: He's Asian, Asian, he's Filipino. He's huge, huge, Yeah, No, he's cracking for sure. Yeah, even like you bro you and like fucking forty would be crazier to hell. Yeah, that ship would go hard. So are you're just gonna be putting out singles? You're gonna be doing an album? What's on the way?
Speaker 1: No? I got a couple of projects coming out, a mixtape and then an album.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay when.
Speaker 1: Then okay, that's just that's me personally, mixtape with then the album. But I also have a few mixtape with other artists like collapse projects, like I have one with Joe Moses, I have one with zol Sama. I'm gonna have one with coming out with Avenue Champ. I'm when I have one coming out with a bunch of different artists. Like you know what I mean that when we make one song and then we look at each other like, no, we gotta we gotta make more.
Speaker 2: Bro, Yeah, you know what I mean? You and would be crazy those fire man.
Speaker 1: I wish I could share those tracks with you right now.
Speaker 2: How many songs you guys got right? Got like four y you guys probably do a few more and just call it a EP.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be crazy. Shout out to Zoe. That's the homie too, right there.
Speaker 2: How did you guys end up leaking up those? My guy, his manager Brian Salas, me and Sallas manager elections together.
Speaker 1: My managers hooked them up from like, you know, invited them to my studio session. He pulled up with his homie and like we just clicked, Like how long we're in that session? For like ten hours? That's crazy, just going off the top of the dunk.
Speaker 2: That's fire.
Speaker 1: It was dope.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's dope to see like that. And then like I just saw left he was in with Hit Boy and Big Hit and like it's like just I just feel like shit, a lot of the Southern California Latinos right now are fucking crossing over and doing big shit. Man. So but you're dope, man, I think Like I was telling your boy, I was like, man, like like you be, I got all these like up and coming Mexican rappers like you're my favorite dog, Like you be talking.
Speaker 1: That and shit, I appreciate it and you and.
Speaker 2: I can't I'm leaving out Coyote. Coyote's my ship. I love those brothers right there. Man, Shots to Coyote their hardest fuck But like, man, when you be saying your I'm like, damn, this will be saying it's so funny ass fly ass ill ass ship.
Speaker 1: See every track that I do, I put my all into.
Speaker 2: You got a lot of character, and you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, I don't just say whatever rhyme's like yeah, make it make sense, like you know, I'm sure. And not only that, I expressed myself like I'm not gonna just say something if it has nothing to do with me. Person, Yeah you know what I mean? And uh, like I said, on every track, I go as hard as I possibly can because I'm not trying to just be a West Coast artist. I'm trying to be a West Coast legend for sure.
Speaker 2: That's the way you gotta approach it. You got, man, you got the right the right mindset, brother, So keep keep killing it. We're gonna have you to do a freestyle too, man, so go watch that. It's gonna be a different YouTube video. But when is like the first body of work coming that you just teased, Like you said, you got all these mixtapes, collab projects, Like what's the next thing dropping?
Speaker 1: The next thing dropping is probably gonna be my solo mixtape. We gotta get that out, you know, it's already been a long time coming already, you know what I mean. I gotta get that out of than the album. But as far as the collab mixtapes, I don't know. I gotta I gotta collaborate with the other artists, you know, see what they think about it.
Speaker 2: Good ship, man, Well, I appreciate you stopping by.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate you having me bro fire.
Speaker 2: Good ship