Speaker 1: All right, welcome to episode twenty eight of Fade This. It's a rainy day in Lexington, Kentucky, where Drew Franklin and I are picking games and making flames.
Speaker 2: Drew, it's good to see you. Yeah, I'm here ready to make some flames. I feel like last week, I don't always remember what we picked, but I remember some of my big games not going well for me. So I don't feel like I'm coming out of a good weekend.
Speaker 1: I have a feeling I didn't do well either. But we know, of course, don't come out of the gate.
Speaker 2: Doing games.
Speaker 1: So you may remember that we hit. There was an election last Tuesday, and it didn't go the way that I preferred. So I decided to, like, you know, branch out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're taking a hiatus from the news, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to. I mean it's not the easiest because Trump keeps picking crazier and crazier people to positions, and it gets I get text alerts. But so I've done a few things that I think are important. I've stopped following various people on Twitter. It's good, probably cold about fifty away, some of whom were political, but then some of them were like for reasons. I don't understand. I was following the Stanford Beat reporter for sports. I don't know what was the day that I decided to do that.
Speaker 2: See, I can't do that the moment a tweet pops up and it's something I'm not interested in and follow, I'm I guess I'm just always keep in mind close.
Speaker 1: Let's play a game. Let's play a Matt follows someone live, unfollow someone live.
Speaker 2: Oh here, I think we've played this, be foar. I like this.
Speaker 1: Okay, so here, I'm gonna go through. I'm gonna just pick twelve accounts, the first twelve that come up, and I have to get rid of one of the okay, and I will let you two help me decide who okay? All right? The first thing that comes out is uh is Tristan Ferris, the UK reporter. Probably need to keep him. He works a lot.
Speaker 2: Number two is world Weary Guy. He does.
Speaker 1: Five minute audio reviews of every wrestling organization in America.
Speaker 2: How often do you listen to those?
Speaker 1: Almost never? But he does OVW and so sometimes I'll look at it. He's a contender to be dropped. I do like him though. He's funny. He's British. Number three is certified Luke Curtis. We're not dropping.
Speaker 2: He can follow him, he's certified. Number four is Dominique Yates.
Speaker 3: Oh Domb went to college with him. He's now in Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: I think he's a packers reporter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a contender because I don't care about the packer.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. A lot of you follow the local people. Then they moved to like Texas, to come to a different beat, and you get a bunch of stuff. You're not interested, all right. Number five is Nick Kirby.
Speaker 1: He's a RADS reporter, keeping him sick. Sean Cunningham, Fox forty reporter for the Sacramento Kings. Why am I following him?
Speaker 3: Dearon Fox News?
Speaker 1: Okay, he is the leader in the clubhouse at this moment. I think even the British wrestling guy I need more than him.
Speaker 2: Maybe you could get them together for a debate.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tom Nichols, he's a conservative political guy. He would normally be a contender, but I think I would care more about him than that.
Speaker 2: But you're not supposed to be following that. You said you're taking a year off.
Speaker 1: It's true, but he doesn't annoy me like some of them. Field Yates, He, of course, maybe get out of his seat. Bully Bully, America's best racing.
Speaker 2: I like, yeah, I follow them, follow many people, and I follow them.
Speaker 1: Ryan Dietrich, he's the cheap media strategist at Carson Group. I don't know what those words mean.
Speaker 2: Why am I Carson's the restaurant group? Good feed you?
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't. I don't think it's that.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna go ahead and just let all right, I don't I find out. I'm sorry, Ryan, I don't know who you are. Then Ben Smith, that's a that's a media reporter. I'll keep him. And finally, Josh Gondleman. His profile says he's a year round ice coffee drinker.
Speaker 2: And what what led you to him in the first place? To follow?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: He used to write for Desis and Marrow. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: No, I liked Mary, but they're not together anymore.
Speaker 3: What is that is that a paper?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Isa? You thought DSUs and maryl was like a newspaper.
Speaker 3: Maybe in the day.
Speaker 1: I see you like subscribe. You know what I'm reading today? The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and DSUs.
Speaker 2: And Marrow Honey, put on your robe and run out there and get the DCEs and maryl out of the driveway. There's a good story in there today. I'm really looking forward to.
Speaker 1: You don't know what DSS and maryw now. It was it's it's It used to be a podcast. Then it was a show that Drew and I both liked. It was on Vice and then it was on Showtime. Two New York guys, Uh, two like black guys in New York. They're funny. They would make fun of stuff.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: They used to be great, didn't They had?
Speaker 2: Like they broke up. It was one of those they both they got big and it was like, well, I'm gonna go do this, and.
Speaker 1: I think they hate each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I think it was I think fame broke up this news.
Speaker 1: It's really kind of sad. It's like, like, who are some duos that fame did end? Because this is in merriw. I really really liked when they were on Vice. I would watch them every night.
Speaker 3: Mike and Mike couldn't talk to me.
Speaker 1: Mike and Mike ended up hating each other. Simon and Garfunk they it became too.
Speaker 2: Much for them, Birdman in Lil Wayne, Oh did they break up? There's been drama? What happened with them? Well? The Hot Boys really just all of cash money records. There was just a over time. They slowly, slowly and Lil Wayne, they don't want to like my daddy. There's been since been a Hot Boys reunion. I'm sure it came up on your Twitter.
Speaker 1: It did not Hot Boys reunion?
Speaker 2: How was they? How was that? I cried? I was pretty excited to see the Hot Boys back together. But it's another example if you get so big, you start to get these frustrations with these other than a lot of people want to go solo. Yeah, Sunday best didn't they here locally?
Speaker 1: I mean? And then they were like, all right, I prefer Mondays and he was like, no, I'm staying on Sunday. And so then they broke up. All right, So do I let go of the Desis and Marrow Rider or do I let go of the Sacramento Kings beat Reporter.
Speaker 2: Anytime I get to this point where I'm unfollowing, I do a quick look at their timeline. Sometimes they haven't tweeted in like six years, which makes an easy decision but if they have anything that interests me in the last few days, I give him a chance. But if not, it's like a shirt in your claws and you have it one in five years. Why am I still holding on it.
Speaker 1: I'm letting go. I'm gonna keep Desis and Mirro guy because at some point he must have made me laugh. I'm gonna let Sean Cunningham of Fox forty and Sacramento let him go. I'm gonna give up my local TV news Sacramento Kings Report.
Speaker 2: How will you get your Northern California weather?
Speaker 3: So I got rid of him at about the Weary British or.
Speaker 2: Weary Guys arrives.
Speaker 1: When I saw that he was on there, I thought he was in danger. He survives, plus he only has nine hundred and sixty four followers.
Speaker 2: Would he would know?
Speaker 1: He would notice if I left.
Speaker 2: It'd feel like you leaving a party. That he's a He would see you walk out the door if you unfollowed him.
Speaker 1: You know what, maybe we can get him to a thousand.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's going to see a big jump after this.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, I mean, I don't know. I think he's a very niche, niche fall so I just dropped two and now I'm down to following. Uh, nineteen hundred and five people.
Speaker 3: Have you started cooking yet?
Speaker 1: Have not, but have been made plans to cook?
Speaker 2: Does have concepts of the recipe. You don't have the recipe, but you have concepts. I have concepts of a recipe. Well, I mean I bought a book. It's called the Science Lab or something. It's like, uh, and it tells me what knives I need.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you went the Science Approach, not the Martha Stewart Rachel Ray cooking book. You can.
Speaker 1: My goal is to go and like get four or five like in person, just the basic like how to turn things on butter. It's all one course, you know, all all those kinds of things. I'm gonna do that, and then I'm just gonna kind of, you know, do my do it. I think I'm gonna wait till after Thanksgiving because I think if I start and then the incomes Thanksgiving, then I'm gonna get distracted. And then because December is actually relatively open, we play once a week and so uh and then next thing, you know, I'm just gonna be be cooking so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might be a good opportunity to help your mom with Thanksgiving dinner.
Speaker 1: No, she she's we're going out for Thanksgiving. She's coming to Lexing.
Speaker 3: Oh, you guys go out for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 1: Well, no, sometimes I go there. But she they're coming here because you know, we have a lot of stuff I've got. We got a game Friday, we got game Saturday. So really I would only be able to go for a day. So she's coming up here. We're going to uh uh, there's a restaurant in town that does Thanksgiving dinner. Originally she offered to cook in my apartment, and then she said, I don't think I want to do it because I don't want to carry the food into your house.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of a lot of work. You probably don't have all the pots and pans as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I said, I go, I'll i'll carry it, but.
Speaker 2: You have all the equipment. Was she gonna cook it and then bring it cooked?
Speaker 1: Well, she's gonna bring them actually, or at least most of it. But she was like, well, I just don't want to carry all the dishes. I was like, well, I mean I'll carry him, and she goes, oh, I don't want to ask you to do that, and I said, I feel like it's not. First of all, we're not carrying them through the organ trail. It's like from the it's from the driveway, could be a lot though into the house.
Speaker 2: What goes into things. It's a long day cooking all the supplies.
Speaker 1: Well, it's fine. I mean, if she doesn't want to cook, we're gonna go and it'll be fun. We're you know, Max, who's our friend here, who's Australian. He doesn't have anywhere to go on Thanksgiving, so we're like like a straight puppy. We're inviting him in and feed him.
Speaker 3: It's very nice.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: So so it'll be I'm really excited for the Max and my dad conversations.
Speaker 2: In my younger Halloween's Thanksgivings is Thanksgivings whatever?
Speaker 3: What of the plural?
Speaker 2: At home, I have a lot of family that coaches basketball, and we would have like random players from Africa that couldn't come home just come over. So I have pictures of just me on the couch with like some six foot ten guy who had nowhere to go. And you know, you want everyone to be able to enjoy the holidays. So I had a lot of random basketball players that are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what it was like on Ted Lasso, the one guy would do that. Yeah, got the all the random people there, and that was nice. I had two or three about every year we've done that. Some There was one time my mom invited a woman from our church to come over and she had a son that you know, I think he's passed away, so rest in peace was was crazy and that was weird. He started talking about like weird things, and you know when you're in high school or like middle school, you're like what and uh, that was I remember that being particularly awkward.
Speaker 2: We had some guests coming to Christmas too, you know, they have Christmas break, couldn't go back to wherever they're from, and they would join our gift exchange. Nice. So they're sitting here with my family. We barely know them. They're these gigantic athletes and they're holding up like an old Navy sweater from my aunt that doesn't fit them, but it was all part of the holiday. It was good. I was like that they buy them size exclude. Well, it was like a gift exchange where everyone you know, you throw in and draw stuff. But these guys are seven foot two hundred and something pounds and didn't really fit in the clothes, but it was always fun at the holidays.
Speaker 1: Also, I thought I would take a second to do Billy a little bit of a movie and TV preview. Oh okay, please, there's a television show that I'm very excited coming out now. I have not seen it yet, but it is called Say Nothing. Say Nothing is one of the best books that I've read in a decade. It's about do you know what happened in Ireland called the Troubles?
Speaker 3: Was it the potato drought that they had?
Speaker 1: That was that was? That was the potato famine. There's a thing called the Troubles, Like there was a lot of fighting about Ireland, Northern Ireland like coming together, and you've heard of the Irish Republican Army and then Britain trying to keep there. You know all that throughout the seventies and eighties and sixties they were just fighting in bombs. And it's the story that's set during that time of a mother who got kidnapped, and they're turning it into a TV series and there are people saying it's the best TV show of the year, And the book is like one of the best books I've ever read, called Say Nothing. I went to Ireland in Europe basically because I wanted to see some of the places from that book. And now it's a TV series I think at debuts maybe tomorrow, which app I think it's on Hulu FX that kind of thing. So so I just want to give that as a shout out, a preemptive one. I have not seen it yet, but I feel like it's going to be really good.
Speaker 2: I'm looking for new new television at the moment.
Speaker 1: So and then you know the movie everybody says is going to win the Oscar Is it the Pope one? No, it's I think it's gonna get nominated. But Anora just about like some young, you know, woman who's like a woman of the night who falls for a Russian oligarch and then gets stuck in this whole crime. But it's supposed to be like everybody sees it says it will change humanity.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard of either word for your popcorns.
Speaker 1: So those are two little things I'm telling you, Billy. Anora and Say Nothing. I haven't seen either of them, so they might both be terrible. But I'm just like preemptively recommending.
Speaker 2: Oh Adam to my list. I'm sure you caught up with Yellowstone. I don't like Helstone. I told you it's too much.
Speaker 1: And then they just like kill off Kevin Costner, whoa, I'm not spoiler, but he's not and that was in the news. Okay, but like he I think they he was not on it right, Yes, yeah, I do, yeah, but the fate of his character. But I've heard that that show. I tried to get through the first season and it's just too much. The one woman's always walking out like one to have sex with everybody on the ranch.
Speaker 2: And it's like this past weekend in New York, I had a restaurant booked with Abby, just like a week in advance, nothing special, just a restaurant I randomly picked from Google. We get there. The entire Yellowstone premiere was that night. Kind of felt like we were part of it, even though we were just completely unintentional. I acted like I knew what we were doing. But uh, it was pretty neat. I watched the I watched the premiere.
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten into that whole world of like eighteen eighty four, and you.
Speaker 2: Know, I haven't watched that one just just the regular Yellowstone. Do you like all of those shows?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: But I did play Red Dead and that's kind of the same time, Ran Bragg.
Speaker 2: He's right there, he can hear you. That's what I was going to say. What does that have to do with Yellowstone?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's that you said eighteen eighty four, that's kind of the time frame.
Speaker 1: That's well, there's a show called eighteen eighty four that's on gotcha.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that one.
Speaker 1: I don't understand about Yellowstone. Notice it's a paramount show that the reruns are on Peacock, but the new ones are on Hulu.
Speaker 2: It's hard to find. How are you supposed to know where.
Speaker 1: To watch it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. That's tough. They're just selling it to the highest bidder. It sounds like.
Speaker 2: They are in a big cash grab with that and a lot of things. That show is making a lot of money. Even though Kevin Costner stepped away.
Speaker 1: And why did he step away? His wife? Well, somebody or no.
Speaker 2: He tried to create his own version and he put it on money behind it. It's almost like he was going to take all the momentum and Yellowstone to make his own, but no one really followed him to his own so now he's just so he did one of those like who's coming with me? And nobody came, and even I was like, all right, maybe it'll be good. I haven't even I don't even know if it's out, So is that I kind of forget? I really don't know. That's kind of the point. I think he thought it was gonna be this next big thing. Maybe it still will. But have you has anyone heard about it? You just know that, you just know that he's not on a yellowstone. So I think he gambled a little bit and that could be backfiring.
Speaker 1: This is all payback for sleeping with cal Ripkin's wife.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't think that really happened, but like it was a you never heard that rumor?
Speaker 1: No, no, there was a rumor.
Speaker 2: Do you know this? Oh well, yeah, that's why the streak end.
Speaker 1: So when cal Ripkin wasn't why it ended. But when cal Ripkin was like going for the consecutive game streak, there was a rumor that like this rumor seems so stupid at hindsight that I believe like he left his glove at home. Yeah, crazy, And the rumor was he like left his glove at home and got in his car to drive to the field, okay, and he was like, oh no, left my glove at home. And he turned around and came back. And when he came back, Kevin Costner was sleeping with his wife. Wasn't that the story?
Speaker 3: Yes, what a wild event.
Speaker 2: But then there they canceled it had a power out in it, so that exactly.
Speaker 1: So then they got in a fight. Yeah, and he's like, I can't play baseball ball. Somebody's eye got black. Maybe something happened, et cetera. And cow was gonna be late for the game. And the story was I think that they overwatered the field to like flood it to give him time to get back to the game.
Speaker 2: So light it was the lights, the pow streak wouldn't break.
Speaker 3: I love that. I love that move by the field manager.
Speaker 1: And this was pre internet, So it's one of those things that has kind of lived in like lore. And I don't know if it's true, Drew, But I don't want to know. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Because I've always just assumed it's true. Yeah, I've just lived assuming it's true. It's just very I always think about when something's so hard to believe. I'm I always try to put myself in the shoes, Well, why would someone make that up? And I just can't think of why would someone and make all that upjectively true?
Speaker 1: Is that the game got postponed for a power whatever. That's the one part that's subjectively true. Now, the like he left his glove at home, that's the part that's a little sketch.
Speaker 2: The iron Man, he's literally the guy that shows us glove. Could he not borrow a glove?
Speaker 1: Could someone go get his glove?
Speaker 2: And if all the people to forget a glove, the guy that's made twelve hundred consecutive starts, seems like he's got a pretty good routine going.
Speaker 1: So here's what I'll do when we start this. You can google Billy and see if you can get us the real truth. Okay, and maybe we can figure out today, once or and for all, whether or not the love triangle between Costner Ripk and his glove and his wife.
Speaker 2: Is maybe you could try to get one of them.
Speaker 3: On the same You never heard that story, never, not once, But I love it already.
Speaker 1: I really liked before the Internet when things like that would come out. Remember when we were kids they said Screech died. Well the one that gets me.
Speaker 2: It makes me wonder how the world works and if we really are living in simulation? Is everyone when I was in middle school knew the Maryland manson rumor there's it's true, But like, how did that? No one, like we didn't have the internet to tell you, wasn't on TV? How did how did we pass it around the country as middle school kids?
Speaker 1: Definitely word of mouth. It's sort of like that that there was a Sinbad Shazam Kazam movie?
Speaker 2: What was that that? What's that called something? Mendel There you go, Mendel effect. Yeah, all right, well with cal Ripken when I will with that. How did we do last week? I feel like we did New very well well.
Speaker 3: Records weren't bad, but the locks of the week did not come in once again, Drew Lock of the Week with Miami Georgia Tech did not come in. Both of you guys had one of the ones I knew I didn't have and the Halls Lingerie Bank lock of the Week both did not come in for either of you guys. What the Halls Lauer, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I found out it closed fifteen years ago. I heard that from a Halls listener.
Speaker 2: I had a few people send me a message about Halls Lingerie that they they recognized that. One was your actual friend, who's like, it's good here and Matt, bring back those memories.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mississippi State covered the twenty four points there. But overall, both of you guys were seven and five in college. Drew you were five and three in the NFL. Matt, you were seven and one.
Speaker 1: Look at that, so am I literally the best NFL picture that's ever existed.
Speaker 3: That's I will get the overall for you by next week.
Speaker 2: The NFL numbers are crazy. I mean the other numbers are good too.
Speaker 3: Seven and one last week. That that means you were fourteen and six overall, Drew was twelve and eight total. Matt, you are ninety one and sixty seven. It's a great recordile Drew is eighty two and seventy six.
Speaker 2: I'm ninety one and sixty seven. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, then who was the jackass that wrote me and said I listened to your podcast after the games? You all suck?
Speaker 2: No, we get that about every week, people like why would I listen? They're constantly wrong and I'm kind of thinking the numbers do not lie. If you want to call us idiots and said we get off track, that's one thing. But just say we're making the wrong.
Speaker 1: Team in six is as good a week as I've probably ever had.
Speaker 2: It's factually an accurate to say, fade this doesn't know how to pick games.
Speaker 1: I am kind of becoming like an NFL savant.
Speaker 2: Have you taken this to ESPN? Be like I know the games and they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't care, like they don't want me to. When I was in Chicago with my boss last weekend, I was like, yeah, I don't know anything about the NFL. I don't know what made me say that.
Speaker 3: You said that to your boss.
Speaker 1: I said it to my boss. I said, when you all hired me, I didn't even know who the quarterbacks were except a few of them. And he goes, oh, and I said, I know who they are now, but like I didn't know Cooper Rush was still in the league.
Speaker 2: And he goes, well, that's how we like it. I thought you're gonna say, I use it as a raise. I can now name the quarterbacks, so you owe me more money. When you hired me, I did not know it's.
Speaker 1: A perfect example. I would put my NFL record this year against any of the Yes, but in the NFL is hard and so like, you don't need to know anything. I mean, look at this guy. You think he knows anything?
Speaker 2: Look at him? Look at that dude.
Speaker 1: What could he know? It's got a nice office, Brett Veach. Who's that?
Speaker 2: Oh it's the GM right beneath his name, it says three times Super Bowl champion. He probably knows.
Speaker 1: At point, he doesn't know any more than anybody else.
Speaker 2: Okay, now AJ hawk's next to him, you know more than a AJ hawks?
Speaker 1: So face so big on the screen. All right, let's get started. Who's up first?
Speaker 2: How about a little Texas going to Arkansas? Texas.
Speaker 1: These teams used to play every year they did they were in the old Southwest Conference against each other, and now they're going to play again for the first time. Think in a while.
Speaker 2: The rivalry is back. Texas is a thirteen and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: And it's at Arkansas. Correct, that's a hard one, you know. Texas a little disappointing last week. Got Kentucky coming down next week.
Speaker 2: Kid, definitely thinking about that. Uh. Arkansas has lost two out of three just lost old miss.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say Texas covers by aunt love it.
Speaker 2: I'll say Arkansas covers. Texas is winning. But with the Cats around the corner, they're looking ahead for what's coming to town Arkansas. They'll be excited to have Texas in town. Even though they've lost two of threes to do very good teams, So I'll say they keep it within the twelfth. They lose by eleven. Oh yeah, that's a tough one. By the way, mid City Mall in Louisville is now for sale. They're wanting to get rid of them all into a mixed use development. That's sad. You know, there's a lot of good stuff from that place. They got that library. I don't even know which mall that is. It's one right next to my house. That's where the back door is. Oh okay, the movie theater that yeah, I gotcha.
Speaker 1: I mean there's there used to be a comedy place there, there's a grocery store, there's a library, there's a doctor's office.
Speaker 2: So they just getting rid of all that. What do you when they're ready to sell just kicking our body out, get out of here, movie theater doctor. Maybe you can buy it Yeah, you're like the third person to say, time to do with it, Mad Jones funhouse. Just put all your favorite things for me.
Speaker 1: Just create my little mansion there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can have your own skyline in there, even though there's one next door.
Speaker 1: Competing skyline right next to the skyline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got all the fun you could have.
Speaker 1: It's a that's a great location, and that should be a very vibrant property.
Speaker 2: Oh it'll be. It'll have the value over time. It might have some dips, but in twenty years it'll be it'll be worth more. Yeah. Well, I don't you got that Billy could live there?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I need a place for Billy.
Speaker 1: All right, what's next?
Speaker 2: How about a little Utah at Colorado? A game that could have some big twelve championship implications even though where they both behind b White. You know, yeah, well Utah beat me or Utah played should have beat me yu last week. Colorado is certainly in the hunt. Colorado is an eleven and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: They're at home, and I like Utah to cover that. I don't know if they win or not. The eleven and a half is too much respect. The Utes are upset about. They feel like they got screwed at the end of that game against the fellow Mormons. You can't keep getting screwed by the Mormons.
Speaker 2: D calm down. Yeah, he was like, that was pretty that was pretty weird. He's like, y'all are a bunch of cheaters. Get some The big line was, we were excited to be in this conference, but not.
Speaker 1: Now Big twelve cheaters that I like, utaw to cover that on the road.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Colorado. They're too busy winding about what already happened. They can't focus on what's in front of them. Well, we we've gone the other way on the first two. Yeah, both big spreads too, So uh, I'll take Colorado here. Very impressive with what they've done so far this year, although looking at their schedule, they're seven and two, but they haven't really beaten anyone at the top of their conference. I think they don't even have to play the top seven teams in the Big Twelve, so they're kind of beating up on the bottom half. But I mean, if they win the games, they could get in the championship game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see. I don't know, you think would you if you if you were Florida State or the Cowboys. Would you hire Dion?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm kind of living this with Titans are probably there's a high probability that Titans get Shador, which Dion would come with him. I would like to. I like watching them from afar. I don't really want that near my team. Yeah, you don't want him.
Speaker 1: He's good, but you don't want whether you want Dion or not, you don't want him coaching his son in the NFL.
Speaker 2: No, And he's already said this week fit when the draft comes around, he's gonna be picking what school he goes to and pushing some away. It's like, you've already got too many hands on what's happening. Keep that away from my team? Say that again? What's saying he's already Dion is already saying when we get to the draft, if I don't like the team he's going to, I'm stepping in.
Speaker 3: The old Eli Manning John Lay.
Speaker 2: So he's already setting them up for some drama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the last person to do that was was Eli. It worked out for Eli, but I don't know. I don't know if he has that kind of pull.
Speaker 2: Yep, because my team's gonna be in the mix of needing a quarterback and picking there. I would prefer to avoid all that.
Speaker 1: Now come around to if I was like Florida State, though, I'd say, why not Florida State?
Speaker 2: They're so bad?
Speaker 1: Like why why not do it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Why not give it a shot? I mean, you know, he's proven to be he's done a good job at Colorado, and he'll get the players. It'll be exciting, they'll have the that's.
Speaker 2: The thing, is the fan excitement, and then ile money will be there if he.
Speaker 1: If I was Florida State, I just go ahead and do it, you know, I think I think it would make make sense. I'm the Cowboys. I mean, they're already a circus.
Speaker 2: They need to fix their the sun coming in their window before they start worrying about that.
Speaker 1: I like how Jerry was like, we want me to do back son. Son's just up her. I ain't like I can do nothing about it. It's just up her. She's your son.
Speaker 2: What you supposed to do? He said, there's a moon too.
Speaker 1: He shunned up her. You think they's gonna be a shun And then they're like, well, why don't you, you know, put up a curtain? Well, there's still the Sun's well.
Speaker 2: You're all pro receiver has his hands in the air with the ball coming at him because you can't see. Just to admit, you don't do a great job designing that.
Speaker 1: His cousin Sal pointed out, if you go back to the opening scenes of Dallas, it shows this in like nineteen eighty three, Like go back if you were to watch the opening credits of the TV show Dallas and they're showing the scenes from the city of Dallas. They show a stadium with half of the filled with sun and a roof, and it was the old Cowboys Stadium, which means he took a problem that existed and was like, let's recreate it.
Speaker 2: Simple tinted window will fix that. You can slap a Miller Light logo on there. Whatever you need to do, make a little more dollars will do. He's just shin.
Speaker 1: You know, they had WrestleMania there, and you know what they did. They put a curtain of it. What a concept they do that for wrestle Mania.
Speaker 2: This has been talked about for several years, but that clip last week of CD with this soft toss coming at him and he's like, I can't see the ball. It's always this time.
Speaker 1: Of year in the four o'clock game. It always happens, and they just baffled. I don't know what's his objection to it. He doesn't like curtains.
Speaker 2: Are you one, like like someone would have in their living room, like some old maybe a nice pattern, and he'll go up and close them. Or you want like some kind of screen over the well.
Speaker 1: They've said you can. I don't know. I don't know the science of it, but they've said they could put something up there.
Speaker 2: You know, you can put a little tent over the window and slap a logo on it, whatever you to do. I was just wondering, if you want, remember Joe Burrow's curtains on Draft Knight that went viral. They're like the old great Grandma curtain.
Speaker 1: I have blackout curtains in my house. They work really really well. Help you keep the keep the light out.
Speaker 2: Send them a link.
Speaker 1: You can get a big blackout curtain and they'll be ready to go. What's next?
Speaker 2: Clemson at Pitt This game would have been awesome two weeks ago, but they both took some bad losses. Yeah, uh at Pitt, I said, Clemson's a ten point favorite. They're both seven and two.
Speaker 1: Ten and it's at pit.
Speaker 2: Yep, Pitt was rolling and then they weren't lost two in a row. If I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a hard one. These guys are getting good at their lines, so I have to be better. I'm gonna take Clemson. I think they're I think it's we Clemson's weird. They either beat the snot out of people or lose the game. They shouldn't. This will be one they beat the snot out of them.
Speaker 2: Give me Clemson. Yeah, if Louisville hadn't have gotten Clemson, maybe Pitt they can cover that. But they got killed by s m U two weeks ago, just lost to Virginia. They're going the wrong direction and Clemson's trying to get back on the track. I'll take Clemson.
Speaker 1: Also, Stabo is gonna be excited that the state of Pennsylvania went for Trump and helped him win, and he's gonna come in and you know, he's gonna want to really reward.
Speaker 2: The state.
Speaker 1: He's gonna want to reward the voters.
Speaker 2: Can wear a MAGA hat and just kind of thank them before they go.
Speaker 1: Lord works in mysterious ways. Pennsylvania and That's that's what he's gonna do, and then they're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Covering the tent, covering the tent for Trump, for the.
Speaker 1: Trump make America cover again.
Speaker 2: Tulane at Navy mm hm, Tulane is a seven point favorite at top twenty five. Toulane.
Speaker 1: I like Tulane Basically, when the when the armed forces of our country play anyone that's not good, they're gonna dominate. But then when they play a good team, the athleticism just it's just too much of a difference in Tulane's got those athletes. John Somemral, I mean they're in the top twenty five now, the playoff ratings.
Speaker 2: One of the best offensive lines in the country.
Speaker 1: As a group of me like, I respect them, but I also respect Green Waves.
Speaker 2: Well, just a few weeks ago, Navy was hot that they had the the got killed by Notre Dame. They lost to Rice in the eight Old's line, you cannot lose the food. Once you lose the food, your season is over. I'm agreeing with you. John Somerral stays hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I listen. All credit to Navy, an Army, the Air Force, and our coast Guard, but constables everyone, Yeah, that's a stupid position. Somebody's gonna do it.
Speaker 2: We should get rid of it. No, they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't have anything to do.
Speaker 2: Who's going to drive in circles around downtown? There is nothing. We do not need constables. What what's the best thing constable does.
Speaker 1: I mean, in theory, the constable's job is to serve warrants. But we also have private groups to do that. So, like, constable is just a position that gives you the excuse to pull people over, drive around.
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 1: Just the idea of a constable is insane. The idea of a constable is wet. We you don't even have to have law enforcement training, Like you could be a constable, Billy one can and I will tell you no offense. I'm sure they're great constable, So please don't get angry. But like, there are people around this state that are constables who like it's either that or nothing, and.
Speaker 2: They act like they're the sheriff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they just and they're like, you know, they put a light on their.
Speaker 2: Cars at the old school and you pull out with one hand and set on top. It is a ridiculous job. Take it back.
Speaker 1: So I said, no, offense because there are good constables. There's probably a constable to listen to here, but you know you have some idiots on the on the fellow constable, there's you don't even have to be trained. It's like the fact that you could be a Supreme Court justice and not be a lawyer. You can be the Attorney general and not be a lawyer.
Speaker 2: Look at all these ideas for billy.
Speaker 1: If you're not qualified to do anything else, run for office. But there's no requirement of anything for most of these offices. So just and in a lot of counties, the elections are really like that anyway.
Speaker 2: Apologies to constables.
Speaker 3: Is that tou lane for you, Drew? That's definitely okay with Matt You guys respect our green waves. You want to cal Ripken, Kevin Costner updates, just.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: At the midway point, we're four in. Let's do two more. Let's keep everybody tea.
Speaker 2: Big big LSU game here, Big LSU game, Big game featuring LSU and Florida at Florida. LSU is a four point favorite. Love LSU, especially since they lost this week.
Speaker 1: They're gonna come out and wanna smack them right in the face Billy Napier, not after giving the vote of confidence. He couldn't have laid a bigger egg. I like Lsu. I don't want to make it my lock of the week because that has not worked well, but this is my you know what cal Ripken did to Kevin Kostner game of the Week.
Speaker 2: I guess there's a chance Lagway could return, but I'm still taking Lsu even if he returns. I like Lsu. If Lagway doesn't play, that is a hammer pick. But they were all right with him before he got hurt. I still like the Tigers, though.
Speaker 1: All right, one more of and then we'll do our update.
Speaker 2: Your favorite team, your favorite team to lock. The Nebraska Cornhuskers are on the road at USC. It's a big number though US season nine and.
Speaker 1: A half point. We take Nebraska. I feel like they five. You know at some they're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: For me. Here's what kills me about you and these Nebraska picks. You're part of your brand is Nebraska is never gonna be back, but you seem to keep believing in them. It's like you're completely inside.
Speaker 1: Spreads are so high, and I'm like, well they're gonna cover and they have covered a couple of these they they have not won. But I'll take Nebraska. I mean, I don't think USC is great. There won't be anyone there from USC. Nebraska may have more fans there, So give me Nebraska.
Speaker 2: I'm making fun of you, but I'll take Nebraska to USC seems to lose every time I check their scores.
Speaker 1: Riley not being successful. There is a little bit of a surprise.
Speaker 2: I believed in them. What week three at Michigan, they lost that one, and I don't know that they've done much since. I think they lost like four out of five. So I will join you for the first time this season putting money behind the corn Husters.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good. Now tell me the update on the breaking news about Kevin Conal ripken.
Speaker 3: Well neither admitted to it, they forcefully denied it on radio interviews and TV appearances in later years, including Costner who threatened to rip off the heads of the radio hosts that were.
Speaker 2: Whoa that we're saying it was fact but a minute so that he was on a show.
Speaker 3: He called into a show because the day before they were saying they were talking about the story and talking about it as fact. Which show was this, I'd had to look that up.
Speaker 2: Well, that was what you were supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's part of the story here. There's actually a whole podcast series about it called The Rumors. A six part podcast podcast series interviewed players, stadium employees, and other key figures at the time, including an off duty cop that said that the rumor was true. But in the final podcast episode, the sentiment is there's no real reason to believe it is true.
Speaker 1: I believe it's true now because why would you do a six part podcast series.
Speaker 2: Just like I said earlier, or why would someone make that up? Why would someone do a six part podcast podcast series if it wasn't true? Wouldn't you and Cal Ripken like all laugh about it?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: The fact that he was so angry makes me think it's true too. Yeah, we find out what show it was, first of all.
Speaker 1: I want to know what show would look at Kevin Costner and go, were you cheating on Cal Ripkin?
Speaker 2: Like? Were you? Well, now I'm worried is he gonna call us? If he is, he just calling shows that talk about youtting ready for his new Yellowstones here the spin off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll find the quote here in just a second, Okay, I'm not happy.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah. I thought at first you guys were saying this was true, and if you were, I was going to take your heads off if there is, If there is something alleged, I'd love to see someone come forward. That's what the actor said calling into the radio show. It does not say the name of the radio show.
Speaker 2: I was a little defensive. Yeah, methinks thou dost protest too much? That's from uh him.
Speaker 3: I'll take your word for it.
Speaker 2: I'll look that one up. Who's next. We got a little top twenty five game in the SEC with Missouri going to South Carolina. South Carolina is a thirteen and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: No way, Yeah, I guess it's from hamlet to so you know I was right?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Go ahead, thirteen and a half. Yep, give me Missouri to cover the thirteen a half. South Carolina wins, Missouri keeps it close. I have a lot of big road dogs covering this week.
Speaker 2: This one all depends on if Missouri's quarterback plays and he's They haven't really given any indication either way, but they're a completely different team without him. I'll take South Carolina to cover the big number. Really just assuming he won't he won't play, I haven't seen a positive update. If he plays, I'll probably be eating that loss. But if he doesn't play, I think South Carolina could kill him. I think South Carolina's I don't like to admit how good they've been.
Speaker 1: I picked now like four major road dogs to cover like ten points or more. That's not something I normally would do, but I don't really know what else to do.
Speaker 2: It feels like that's what I need. Some big spreads this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's next?
Speaker 2: Arizona State at Kansas State. These two teams also could be in the Big twelve game the winner of this depending what Colorado and BYU do. Both two losses. Kansas State is an eight point favorite.
Speaker 1: Give me Kansas State to cover. You get that Manhattan magic. You know they got a good Japanese restaurant there that I went to once.
Speaker 2: It's gonna it's gonna play into the game. You think you think Arizona State might go there for the pregame meal. Well, I mean there's a few things.
Speaker 1: First of all, they got rid of Herm Edwards met.
Speaker 2: Or Arizona State.
Speaker 1: Arizona State, they're still reeling from that. Arizona State lost to Duke in the preseason by like seventy in basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well herm gone no longer play to win the game.
Speaker 1: So domination to get rid of her. The basketball preseason.
Speaker 2: Lost, Jadan Quainton's didn't looking that good.
Speaker 1: And that Japanese restaurant in Manhattan all combines to make Kansas State cover.
Speaker 2: I was kind of I was leaning towards the sun Devils, but when you put it like that, all right, go Wildcats. A lot of factors didn't play that Wildcats. How could I bet against Herm Edwards used to be there. Their basketball team and Jayden Quainton's are down a little bit.
Speaker 1: And the Japanese restaurant in.
Speaker 2: The Japanese restaurant where I saw the Yellowstone Premiere Japanese restaurant. There's just some magic in these Japanese restaurants.
Speaker 1: I was at that Japanese restaurant in Manhattan, Kansas, I think in spring nineteen ninety nine, so it might have closed by now.
Speaker 2: Not if it was good, it's not too long to stay.
Speaker 1: Up Spring nineteen ninety nine and I was eating there and it was for the Fraternity Softball National Championships, which we played in even though we didn't even have a team.
Speaker 2: We created the team did just sign up to play in these chams.
Speaker 1: For the national championships, the National Championships.
Speaker 2: The National Championships of sign ups, well it was it was for fraternities.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Somebody in our fraternity found out about it, so we signed up for it.
Speaker 2: We had never been a.
Speaker 1: Team, and we drove to Manhattan, Kansas for it. Our friend Tall played center field and got bored and put the glove on his head and set down. At one point during the game. Anyway, I'm in that Japanese restaurant in between games, and a man just walked up, looked at me and said where are you from? And I said Kentucky. He just farted and walked down.
Speaker 2: I can see why you'd have that fond memory. I pulled up the top Japanese restaurant. There's Umi, you am I, there's green tea. Okay, there's a noodles in company. I'm gonna b bim bap all right, although that sounds Korean, says Japanese on the so we'll say because of bim b bim bap, bad news. What it looks recent permanently closed, so they had a good run. They had a good run.
Speaker 3: Fade the Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Still in the memory of b bim Bap.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: What's next?
Speaker 2: Uh, Oregon at Wisconsin. Oregon is our nation's best team, and they're a fourteen point favorite. Going to jump around a little bit.
Speaker 1: I like Orgon. I think they beat them by a thousand, another road dog. I just keep doing these.
Speaker 2: Don't you get worried about these, the long traveling stats of these crazy No, because.
Speaker 1: I think Organ's really good. I think Organ's the one team that sort of overcomes the stats.
Speaker 2: And of all teams to be good at crossing the country. You know Oregon, you know they had a whole trail that.
Speaker 1: Took them a long time.
Speaker 2: They did that.
Speaker 1: Ducks fly, so they're used to like traversing long distances.
Speaker 2: They won't have to forge the river will just fly right over.
Speaker 1: You know, Wisconsin. You know now Barry Alvarez just isn't the same as he used to be. So I'm gonna take Oregon.
Speaker 2: There is something weird about Wisconsin not being Wisconsin in football anymore. They don't have that identity they had forever. This year they've lost four or five games too. I like Oregon as well, all right, although Oregon ain't winning the whole thing. Nobody nobody's completely running the table.
Speaker 1: No, it's gonna be an SEC team to wins. I mean, I don't know why we act like it's gonna be Why do we act like Oregon is gonna win?
Speaker 2: Yeah, joining your time at one now with that unblemish record.
Speaker 1: It's nice that a number one. That's good, But like it's gonna be an SEC team. It's always it's always an SEC team, or occasionally we allow some random team to win.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be, yeah, but Alabama might have to travel to Bloomington.
Speaker 1: I'll put that game on the schedule and give me Alabama minus twenty and I'll take it.
Speaker 3: And keep doubting them, all right.
Speaker 2: See at Georgia probably the game of the week. Definitely. Georgia is a ten point favorite, must win game. If they lose, they're not invited to.
Speaker 1: The person Tennessee to cover the ten. I mean, I I could see Tennessee winning. I think Georgia will win. But you're giving me ten another road dog. I'm like road dog king this week.
Speaker 2: The dogs are barking. Give me Tennessee I'll go Georgia here. Even though they've been very disappointing and Carson Beck is losing money by the weekend, they will be so fired up for this one because it's there. They haven't had a back against the wall must win game in a long time. They are out of the conversation if they don't beat Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Do we know if Nico is playing? Because the Bear reported that he isn't the Who the.
Speaker 1: Bear you're talking about? Chris Fallica?
Speaker 3: Yes, on a random Is he allowed to report things? I don't know, but people were up in arms about it.
Speaker 2: The the SEC injury report we getting out had him as questionable. Niko, are you gonna get on Blue Sky? I'm not going to say no, because if it's working, I'm sure all cave. But I'm not running to.
Speaker 1: Get what is it? Has anyone been to it?
Speaker 2: Have you?
Speaker 3: I haven't, But I was told that I needed to get KSR on Blue Sky. It's the next thing.
Speaker 2: Why why is it the next thing?
Speaker 3: I guess it's Twitter without without elon and toxic.
Speaker 1: So are we going to just like switch.
Speaker 2: To twitters for the conservatives and blue Skies for the liver? Is that where we're.
Speaker 3: Heading sounds like it.
Speaker 2: Remember the night I don't like that. Millions of people joined threads and three days later it's like, okay, we forgot about threads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was at a Washington Nationals Reds baseball game, got threads.
Speaker 2: Was on it for a day or two, like the whole country got it at once. There's so many people joined, And does anyone throw if.
Speaker 1: You haven't been yet? Do you have to be invited? I remember people used to invite the Blue Sky. You don't so you can just sign up?
Speaker 3: No, it's yeah, and it's all positivity there they that Well, No, I guess it's like not bots and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's the one part of the whole elon thing, Like I don't understand why he likes bots like every other part I find. So you want Trump to win, okay, so you amplify those whatever. Okay, so you're gonna do, you know, bitcoin stuff whatever, why not try to keep But who's pro bot there?
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's out of control. I don't know if he'd likes saying there's this many users when it's obvious half of the ones are playing aren't real?
Speaker 1: People hate to like see someone writes me and goes, you know, my mother's sick and she listens to you every day. And I respond and say, oh, I'm sorry about that. I'll be praying for And then the response to mine is just a person masturbaby, and it's like and like, I feel bad for people because I have so many followers that everything I do just turns into someone getting murdered or someone like why would they want that? Like tizers can't like that.
Speaker 2: Like some My only guess is people are posting something and I don't know if there's a way he can say this. Many users are on.
Speaker 3: He's a big freedom of speech guy, and I guess, okay.
Speaker 1: But I don't believe he's not. That's a lie because he like deletes posts about him, so he's not. I'm just saying to you rationally, I can understand why he does, even if I disagree with it. A bunch of stuff. I don't know the rational reason to allow your site to be infested with bots? What's why why you can't make money from that?
Speaker 2: Now? In a lot of times, like you can see a tweet I've seen this done, you can like copy what they say and search for it and there'll be hundreds of accounts that said the exact same thing, word for word, down to the punctuation, just proving it's not even a real person whatever.
Speaker 3: You're talking about for decades.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I don't know how it would make you money, right, Yeah, well unless he's taken just because it's a postal point.
Speaker 1: But at some point that the advertiser is gonna realize this is like not doing anything. I don't know. I mean, I I just people keep saying, go to Blue Sky truth Social. Yeah, but that's gonna go away. I mean that that's gonna end up. That'll end up merging with eggs probably.
Speaker 3: Don't you think now that I think about it, that that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Any of them that try to act like, well, we're gonna be nice, you can't.
Speaker 1: This is people don't want to be niceing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're giving people on the internet a chance to say whatever they want. It ain't gonna be pretty whatever you want to call your app. People get on the internet and say mean things. Yeah, that's just the world. That's just unfortunately people people like to do that. All right, what's next?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: What would you do there? Ten? Yeah? Okay, Boston College at SMU SMU is a nineteen and a half point favorite.
Speaker 1: I can't do another Boston. I can't do another Road doog. But like I'm just gonna pick SMU because I I don't know anything about Boston.
Speaker 2: Collins made a lot of money on Boston College, had them at Louisville, had them at Missouri. Bill O'Brien, Bill O'Brien. They started hot, They've lost a few lately, but I'll take them to cover the nineteen and a half. Even though SMU has been destroying some teams. I'm pretty impressive eight and more than their ring fourteenth. But it's just another big number. This week, I'll take the road team.
Speaker 1: You're gonna You're gonna go gosh, these are really hard. Why did you pick these?
Speaker 2: These are the games? Some of the other spreads were twenty six points, thirty points. You want those nose? These are our marquee games, is what it is?
Speaker 1: All right? What's next?
Speaker 2: We will end with two of our fade this favorites. We have Kansas at BYU. Last week Kansas spoiled out with State. They have a chance to ruin BYU this week. BYU is only a two and a half point favorite at home I don't even know why you're asking me this. I think you know the answers. It's here. It's why it's here on my.
Speaker 1: Own all Mormon all the time. The Mormons took down Duke Right, the Mormons took down the trip from upstate New York to Provo, Utah. The Mormons have taken down Hulu. The Mormons are gonna you think they can think they're gonna handle the most second most boring state.
Speaker 2: In the country, Kansas. Kansas, come on b Yu in a route. There's a when I was just looking at the games, I thought that might be one where I could pick Kansas. But when I saw two and a half, that's two. It's too late, too easy getting the Mormons win by Phil go and I win. Come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a shocking line. That is one of those lines. It's so shocking though that you go, wait a minute.
Speaker 2: A lot of times that's where I side with Vegas.
Speaker 1: What's happening. But I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go BYU. Are you excited about the Immirates NBA.
Speaker 2: Cup excited as?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the courts. I like when the this part of the year matters. So when do the Calves get thirteen? Well, how are they so good?
Speaker 1: I don't know. The Winnipeg Jets are fifteen and one and the Cleveland Calves are thirteen and oh crazy? And do you know how many people collectively in America would know that those two things were happening both?
Speaker 2: Even I didn't know the Calves were undefeated till just about the Jets. I don't watch hockey as much, so I definitely didn't know that one. But the Calves blew my mind?
Speaker 1: Did you know that the win?
Speaker 3: I knew that the Calves, not the Jets.
Speaker 2: Seriously, what percent of the population thing knows both those both? Less than two percent?
Speaker 1: I'm going to go less than one percent. There would be hockey heads that know the Jets but not the NBA. I think almost no one knows the Calves. Yeah, I mean I knew they were good, but not undefeated good.
Speaker 3: Back when I was a kid, i'd watch Sports Center two or three times before i'd changed the channel. Do you think people still do that?
Speaker 1: No, because they don't need to. I mean, they can go on the on the internet.
Speaker 3: So then I would say less than one percent.
Speaker 2: It used to be Sports Center. As I'm watching the highlights. I don't know the outcome because now you know on Twitter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know it's like a PI Yeah yeah, well a DraftKings sportsbook. You can bet on the Emirates NBA Cup, all thirty teams. They're split into six groups. Do you know who's in what group?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I would sell that test.
Speaker 3: I have lower percentage.
Speaker 1: And it changes every year. I think every Tuesday and Friday playing for the right to advance in a single elimination nd season tournament come culminating in the Immirates NBA Cup in Vegas Friday nights more. They gave games on the crazy courts, so you can go something special for you. Bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets. The code is fade. That's right, code is fade. It's only at DraftKings. The crown is yours. If you have a game prop call one hundred game er eight six six seven eight nine Connecticut eight eight eight seven eight seven seven seven CCCPG dot Org. Please play responsibly. Boothill, casino and Resort twenty one plus and eligibility varies by restrictions. Don't even move in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issueance traditional terms DKNG, dot CO slash b ball.
Speaker 2: Yep, you got your NBA Cup team picked out, you got some NBA I think.
Speaker 1: It's actually very hard to even figure out who's like, let's look at the let's I'm gonna give you the NBA Cup groups. Just a couple of them. They play Tuesdays and Fridays, right, sure. The first link I have about what the NBA Cup is literally said that it's not That link doesn't work. Latest standings Group A Orlando, New York, Philly, Charlotte, Brooklyn.
Speaker 2: Orlando, New York, Phillies, Charlotte brook Isn't that the regular division? So now they're making it to where you only play other teams from your conference.
Speaker 3: There's an East group and a West group.
Speaker 1: So in Milwaukee, Detroit, Miami, Toronto, Indiana, and then Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland, Chicago. Watched, But I feel like these are already the visions, aren't they.
Speaker 2: That sounded a lot like a division when you're reading it off. This sucks. This is like last year when they would interview the players after a game about the NBA Cup and they would look at the camera and be like, we're excited, we just don't really know what we're a part of.
Speaker 1: Well, then when they played in Las Vegas, that was good.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. Yeah, that was good, but I don't know. The courts are nice in that game. I watched the end of Steph versus Clay the other night, that was awesome.
Speaker 1: They're trying to do what they do in England with and all the soccer with the f A Cups. But that's a big deal. And again I continue to say this. The reason it's a big deal is because it's like the NCAA tournament, like every team in the country gets to play in it. So it would be cool if Kentucky was playing against the Wizards, but that's not what we do. And these teams play each other all theynament so like, yeah, I don't know, but it's now the Immirates.
Speaker 2: Cup, which is nice and congrats the Cavs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Winnipeg Jets. Would you have known there as a team called the Winnipeg Jets. Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you remember who they were before they have the Winnipeg Jets? No? No, no, don't.
Speaker 1: They were the who they There was a Winnipeg team and then it moved okay, but then another team moved back to Winnipeg.
Speaker 2: Kind of like the like a Baltimore situation. Yes, the Atlanta Thrashers forgot about that. And do you know who the play by play guy was for the Atlanta Thrasher No, Tom Hart, Johnny the Freak inshow.
Speaker 3: Really you neither?
Speaker 2: You don't know who that is. I do know that is. Johnny the Freak was the old Atlanta Thrashers. Wow, play guy, it's very informative.
Speaker 1: Show me all right, what's next?
Speaker 2: We're gonna go to the National Football League where we have its number great one o'clock game today or Sunday with the Ravens at Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: I think there are three games where the teams are seven and three or better. Yeah, playing each other.
Speaker 2: Good week, good when to get as started. Ravens are a three point favorite at Pittsburgh. At Pittsburgh, give me Baltimore. I like Baltimore, all right, Baltimore here. Home field doesn't matter and when the when? In these games, I like the Ravens to win Pittsburgh's. We had a great story, but I think Baltimore beats him. Yep, I and many others were very wrong on Russell Wilson. He looks good and Steelers look good. But Ravens are my super Bowl pick. I'm going to pick them most weeks, including here. Browns at the Saints. Saints are a one point favorite, two win Browns. They got Deshaun Watson is just completely derailed. Not that they ever had a lot going on, but all the money he ate up when everyone knew he didn't need that contract. It's sad that the Browns as bad as they are because they had a little something going until they signed him.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a why'd you pick this? That's a weird one to pick.
Speaker 2: Wasn't a great week of because you know, we got eight of them. There were some pretty terrible games this week in the NFL. But it's like all the good teams are playing each other and all the crappy teams.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna take Cleveland just cause I have no idea. That's that's that's one that I would would boot if I was I never would bet this in real life, but I'll take Cleveland.
Speaker 2: I will take the Saints, probably with a little Alvin Kamara touchdown included. Okay, uh, we were just talking about the Jets how about the other Jets playing the Colts. New York's in New York. Jets are a four point favorite. It's in New York, yep, yeah, give me the Jets cults are a disaster right now. Going back to Richardson, Yeah, that's that's dumb. Aaron Rodgers is like awful, but he also doesn't want to be completely humiliated, which I enjoy and being completely humiliated by the way, you know, he has such he has such audacity. If if the Bears had to pick, let's just say, scenario so and so is hurt and have to get a free agent, and your options are Anthony richards Richardson and Aaron Rodgers to finish the year with your team.
Speaker 1: They stink, But I would take anthy Richardson. I mean, I don't want to look that bad. First of all, he's not good, like they're both bad. At least with Anthony Richardson, he can run around and I don't have to hate him.
Speaker 3: And Rodgers has a legacy though, at least.
Speaker 1: A legacy of what beating the Bears. Why would I want that around?
Speaker 2: I was just trying to test your h hating Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: Aaron Rodgers sucks. He's my least favorite athlete. I don't want to say of all time, but I mean, you go back.
Speaker 2: I didn't like him.
Speaker 1: I didn't like him when he was normal and good. Now he's not good and a freak. So yeah, but they're gonna but you have well, you can't use your you can't use your heart to bet. You have to use your hands.
Speaker 3: Very true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that how I keep losing money betting against Louisville to Clemson and things like that. I got the Jets too. There's no scenario where I will put any faith in an Anthony Richardson team.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why why Sports Center at the University of Tulsa.
Speaker 3: I think they're doing like a little midweek pep rally.
Speaker 2: Oh, they just go wherever the game is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I Why do we keep showing people's dogs? I mean, I'm very sorry that Herbstreet's dog died. That's sad. But what when did this? Why are we do why do we do this? Why is it like we have to see everyone's dogs? Why is that the world loves dogs?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: Why they got me? And dogs are cute?
Speaker 2: Okay, but there are like a zillion dogs, So why right now? Dan Mullens on the screen. I would rather look at that dog than Dan Mullens.
Speaker 3: Big forehead written, man's best friend.
Speaker 2: The other guy with him? What's his name? Matt Matt Barry, Barry.
Speaker 1: I've interviewed him a bunch and like he he used to be a stand up comedian.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, used to keywords.
Speaker 2: I can already. I'm already putting some pieces together.
Speaker 1: And I've hosted again. I think he's a nice guy, but if you do a show with him, it's like everything you say he's trying to set up like a punchline. And at the end of the of a show with him, I feel like I've gone fifteen rounds with Tyson, just.
Speaker 2: Like you feel like you're being part of his act A little Yeah, No, it's you definitely are.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, where are you from? What do you do?
Speaker 3: A kind to being called coach the entire show.
Speaker 1: No, I like Ian. I like him. I mean he just says coach. But like with Matt, it's like anything you say, he'll go, oh, really, is that why the chicken across the road?
Speaker 2: You're all right, dude, that's the what do you think about? Depress? A normal conversation is Dak playing or not?
Speaker 1: Who's next?
Speaker 2: Uh? Your team hosting the Packers right on cue after that conversation. Packers are a five point favorite in the home of Arci Coola Chicago. Oh, Packers stink.
Speaker 1: I can't cover five that game? Said? That game last week was just a It was fruit I mean, we stink. And when you sit up high and you can watch the plays develop and you see nothing's developing, like, no, nothing's developing, No one's open, there's no plays. The offensive line gives Caleb a half a second. We steak Packers, and Packers are beating us like four hundred straight times.
Speaker 2: So I'll take the Packers. Well, I was gonna pick the Bears been after that. I mean, you know them, you're at the game. I guess I'll take the Packers too. I'm not disagreeing with you on that one, but I wasn't on the show Monday. I heard it. But did you enjoy your I heard about that, but were you like a little kid in there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was great. I mean it was cool to see where all the guys, like all my like youth heroes played. You know, in Chicago, they treat the eighty five Bears. Like like in Chicago, the eighty five Bears would be like if you went tomorrow Lago, the way they treat Trump, you know what I mean, Like like this is their place, like the eighty you would think if you went to Soldier Field, the eighty five Bears are the only team that's ever played there. Yeah, I mean every picture is an eighty five Bear, you know there. They don't act like there were any players since then.
Speaker 2: Devin Hester can't even get free tickets to Gey. Did you play it anything?
Speaker 1: Toilets. There'll be a picture of our locker, But that's it. It's all. It's all Walter Payton, Mike Singletary, Dan Hampton, Steve McMichael, Jim McMahon.
Speaker 2: They even still wear the like the sweater from that era.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Willie Galt, I mean like it's that's that's the team. So it's you know, that was the team of my of my youth. So I like that.
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 1: I mean it's an old stadium and you can tell it's old, but it's still it's got tradition and it is the windiest place on earth. I mean, the field goals look like they were going to fall down the gold post. It was so indep but we.
Speaker 2: Steak all right taking the package. Then okay, three more sound debt. More down on your team than i'm as a Tines fan.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I'm positive long term because we're gonna fire Eber suck and then we're gonna get Caleb. Look, we're gonna get a different coach. And I still believe in Caleb Williams. I'm not ready to give up on him yet. But but this year they stink.
Speaker 2: How about a little uh Seahawks at the forty nine ers. Forty nine ers trying to find some magic as the season goes on. They're a six and a half point favorite. Got a little Christian McCarthy McCarthy back or McCaffrey. McCaffrey, what do I say, McCarthy ecaffrey. I like the Seahawks to cover the six and a half.
Speaker 1: I don't think they win, but six and a half's too much for two teams that I think are generally in the same ballpark.
Speaker 2: Close trip, you know, Seattle's usually having to go everywhere.
Speaker 1: Seet on San Francisco, you can drive it.
Speaker 2: We know how hard it's gonna be to get to Seattle. To and fro Seattle coming out. Yeah, so they don't have to worry about that and they don't have to go through like the Montana Pass.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Then I'm Mario going out shop and for rental cars to get them to the game. This week. They'll cover the six and a half. Twelfth Man might show up. I like the Seahawks. Two yep, well we got three more?
Speaker 3: Two more?
Speaker 2: Two more?
Speaker 3: Are sure?
Speaker 2: Okay? Two more? Yes, Chiefs and Bills. It's a great game. It is a great game. Three more. I think Chiefs and Bills. Bills are a two point favorite, hosting the Chiefs that continue to just win games.
Speaker 1: So I think I saw that when Patrick Mahomes is a regular season underdogg he's now like nine and one, which is a pretty amazing stead. But I do think the Bills win this game. If it's if it's January and this is the AFC Championship, I'm going to take the Chiefs. But in this game, I'm going to take the Bills. People are gonna freak and overreact, which I want them to do so that I get more points when the when the Chiefs make the Super Bowl again, and so I will take the Bills though this week.
Speaker 2: I like the Bills here too, not to taking any away from the Chiefs, but they have to lose. At some point. Teams will just start running the table, and this is probably their most difficult test left. I just think they slip up. I'm with you, though. If this were the playoffs, I'm taking Mahomes in the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: This is the only game, by the way, I'm gonna pick against them the rest of them. I mean, I will tell you, Billy, just write this down. This is the rest of the Chiefs season. They'll lose this game. Then people will pick against them multiple games in the rest of the year. They'll win all of them, except they're gonna drop a random one. They always do, so they'll go in the playoffs fifteen and two. There's a very good chance they'll still get the one seed because the Bills will probably lose one or two more and they'll go to the super Bowl. They're gonna be fifteen and two though, It's just this is one of the two.
Speaker 2: If they get to the super Bowl, DeAndre Hopkins is catching the super Bowl winning touchdown pass because everyone got so mad that they were allowed to get him. Yeah, that'll just be how they win it.
Speaker 1: It'll be them in the Lions. Now, I'm not I could still pick the Lions to beat them, but they're getting to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Chiefs.
Speaker 1: That's what they do.
Speaker 2: And they've proven this year the whatever witchcraft they have going on where they keep winning these close games, it still exists. They've had a couple they could have lost this year and managed to pull it off. So we're both on the bills.
Speaker 1: Though, who's next?
Speaker 2: We got our Sunday night game two left, Bengals at Chargers. Chargers are a one and a half point favorite. Chargers have found some life after a rough start to the year. Bingles the best team with this record of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have to win. I mean Bingles have to win and they're going to the Chargers, So home field advantages is nil. Chargers playing well.
Speaker 2: They're playing well, but the who they Okay, they just beat the Titans. Okay, three of us and few others could beat the Titans. The other win was the Browns. I think the other win was the Saints. Soon, other records getting better.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take Cincinnati to win on the road just because I don't think it matters. Uh, where they their home field hasn't really helped them a lot anyway. But if the Bengals want to make the playoffs, they can't lose this game because this is also probably the team they're going to be competing with for that final spot anyway, so they've got to win it. I think they know it. They rally the troops and they get they get a victory in La.
Speaker 2: I actually like the Bengals a lot here. Three of their losses are to the Chiefs and Ravens in both games were by like a collective four points in all three. The Bengals records really unbelievable for how talented offense is. I think they'll win this one in La, which takes us to Monday night the stadium we've already talked about. Sunlight won't be a problem this time. Dallas is hosting Houston. The Texans are a seven and a half point favorite, and Jerry Jones should be embarrassed that that's even something I love to say. That's crazy. I tell you a fun, interesting story from my trip this past week before about the Cowboys. This thing kind of has my mind. In the pretzel, I had a lot of weird celebrity interactions this week. I mentioned randomly being at the Yellowstone Premiere, not even knowing what was going on. We had an early flight on Monday, and my wife were waiting to go to the flight and she gets like a Facebook memory, you know, pop up. It'll be a picture from ten years ago. Yes, and it was her and Jason Garrett at a Cowboys game. She got to meet the team. That's exciting, and the Cowboys had just gotten killed by the Eagles, and she's like, look at this happier times. I miss Jason Garrett. Mike McCarthy sucks blah blah blah blah blah McCarthy, this Jones that we go to the airport, I'm on an escalator when those double escalators directly beside me, like our elbow is pretty much touching Jason Garrett ten years to the day after they took a photo and I immediately scream at seven in the morning, I'm like, hey, Abby, look and she shows him the photo. This man pulled over his luggage very early at the gardy. I mean, it is like everybody's just waking up and talked to her for like ten minutes, talked about going to the derby talked to a little football, might have told him we wanted back, which I'd have been an exaggeration on that, but what a random I'm not kidding. She's like, look at this photo from ten years ago Jason Garrett. And then two hours later we're talking to jasonari Airport.
Speaker 1: Really nice, you know, But I would also say, like, what else, Like how many people stop Jason Garrett?
Speaker 2: You think, well, there's a little bit of that, but also it's very early and nobody wants to be there, and he could have said hi, taking a picture and moved on. He talked about making his Derby bets and what do we like in Kentucky? So, you know, even though I was even though he was the clapper and we were kind of ready for cowboys to make a change now if they suck, it was good seeing Jason Garrett.
Speaker 1: Do you ever get stopped Billy? Like, does anyone ever say are you Billy from KSR? No?
Speaker 3: Believe it or not? Like never, Well until I talk, like I'll if I'm in public and I'm talking to somebody or the fiance, That's how I would get that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like no one recognizes.
Speaker 3: Not my face? Huh, what about you? Oh yeah, I mean everywhere, right, I mean.
Speaker 1: Not everywhere, but like a lot of times, you know people. I walked in Chipotle today a guy was listening to the show loud, like just sitting in the restaurant. Yeah, the guy was just like listening, which was nice. And then what was weird is I think he saw me and then he turned it off. I think he was like, didn't want you know the which which is fine. And then he said.
Speaker 2: Hello, and that was what he did.
Speaker 1: Say Hi, Okay, yeah, no he did.
Speaker 2: Most people.
Speaker 1: Most people just say hey, Matt, love the show and then and then go on.
Speaker 3: You spend a lot of time in Louisville, so it's not hostile.
Speaker 1: Love is much easier because in Louisville, especially where I said, where I live, nobody knows. Yeah. I haven't had a lot of hostile reactions, although I did have one recently.
Speaker 2: Have I have? I told you should? I tell him it's a podcast where we talk to each other. I mean, Billy's told us he wants to get into swinging. I feel like he's open down. I kind of like Norton gummas.
Speaker 1: I kind of like gave somebody I don't know what the word to use is the finger.
Speaker 2: No, it's worse than that.
Speaker 1: Kind of gave somebody like a little mini love tap on the face.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I did not hear this story.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't call it a smack, but I also wouldn't call it just like it was. Yeah, it was kind of like a like that. Yeah, it was like more like you know how you see movies and Italians will kind of be like but to people they loved them kind of go you know what I mean, it's kind of like a little bit.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like that, and he wouldn't shut.
Speaker 3: Up, so you just put your hands on him.
Speaker 1: So two of my friends, I won't say who because I don't want to put them in the middle of it, but but I went out with two of my friends. We went to this bar a guy. It was clear like there was a wedding party or something going on, and then the bar was full. It was like right across the street from a Catholic picnic, and so they were like everybody was hammered. And the moment I walk in, this dude just starts yelling at me and he starts to go in. Matt Jones, you suck, Matt Jones, you bleeping, like just won't stop, like a couple of minutes. So I'm going, you know what I'm gonna. So I walk to the other side of the bar. He keeps hollering at me from the other side of the bar, I mean, won't stop. And at this point it's just me and my friend. The other one comes later, so it gets so bad. I'm just like, let's just go. You know, this is not enjoyable because he's drunk and he won't stop. As we're walking out the door, a woman stops me that I know and I haven't seen her in a decade, probably right, probably a decade. She gives me a hug and like it was nice to see her. I hadn't seen her in forever. At that point, what I don't realize is like he had gotten his group and now they've kind of enclosed the area, and he starts hollering again, and now he's from like me to drman and I have not said a word, and he keeps going and he keeps going, and finally I didn't say anything to him. One of my friends is between me and him, and I'm like, dude, what is your deal? And he says something again that I don't know what made me do it, but I just went, wow, it was so unlike me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, then I think the girl trying to make peace, like re gets my attention and engages me, and I start talking to her. And here's what I didn't realize. According to my friends, like the troops start mounting right like, the wedding party comes together, and according to my friend, he's like, things were not looking good. So my friend goes, let's get out of here, and I was like, but I'm talking too, and they grabbed me like the secret Service and pushed me out.
Speaker 2: The door, and I'm like, what's going on. It's fine, He was just deep.
Speaker 1: They were like let's go, let's go, let's go, and they're like pushing me down the street and then they're like just trust me. We get in the car and they go, I can't believe we got out there. They said there were like fifteen guys they thought ready.
Speaker 3: To Yeah, the whole wedding group ready to go.
Speaker 1: That's what they said.
Speaker 2: And then when we drove by, they were all out on the porch of the bar like looking. So you yell at him. Then, see you're scared. You don't want this.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I wasn't. It was he totally. It was his fault. I think I shocked him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm surprised to swing right there.
Speaker 1: No, just it was probably some lawyer like or you know, some accountant like. It wasn't like a tough it was just it was just a mouthy Louisville thing, right. But I do think I shocked them with the reaction. He shocked me shocked myself. I really did, I could. I couldn't believe I did it, and then I didn't know whether to feel proud.
Speaker 2: I mean, I didn't do like it. What didn't hurt them?
Speaker 3: He was like literally like like that, and you're like that, stop messing around, buddy smack.
Speaker 1: Kind of like if you had hit him on the shoulder, nobody would have even nobody would But I don't know what made me be like.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I couldn't believe I did it, but I did. So is that your your most intense Oh No, I've had people be much worse to me.
Speaker 1: That's probably my biggest. I hit somebody in like two thousand and six, so again kind of similar but maybe a little harder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hand open.
Speaker 1: Hand, open I'm a handopen guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just you just want to let him know you're there. Yeah, I try to do long term damage.
Speaker 1: And that person and Iraq say, like kind of friends are friendly now, but it wasn't. It wasn't at the time, but since then.
Speaker 3: I've been pretty wow, well you've got good friends.
Speaker 1: My mom didn't want me to run for office for that reason. My mom not because she thought the video will hit people, but she just thought. She was like, you can't. She goes, people are too nasty to you, and you just like you don't have it in you to just ignore it. And I ignore it more than most, but it isn't easy.
Speaker 3: It's like I told that one guy to show up and he did.
Speaker 2: Remember, Yeah, Philly told the where was that? Tell me that again?
Speaker 3: It was like the weak cow left Kentucky. So I was doing the r yeah, and he showed up at the bar and the guy was talking mad crap on the text line.
Speaker 1: So I just told him to show up and then he did.
Speaker 3: And not like we didn't know it was him, but he like showed up and like didn't say anything and then was like really weird.
Speaker 2: And I remember that now. Yeah, I wouldn't dare anyone in your inbox that seems like the I don't know that guy. If they seem a little off, I wouldn't dare them to show up.
Speaker 1: But I listen, that was the first time that had happened in a long time with people being like that. Usually it's not that bad, like people in Louisville. But that dude, he just wouldn't stop. And you know, we all have a breaking point. He got what was coming sometimes. That's why that's why I defended Jason Kelsey so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like it's easy to.
Speaker 1: Say Jason walk away, but you don't You don't know what that's like until somebody does it to you, you know.
Speaker 3: So and with that, you're taking the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: With that, taking the Bengals on the road at the Chargers, Billy uh, Dallas.
Speaker 2: We got to Dallas. That was our built lead into the Cowboys. Texans. Oh so that analysis Texans. I will take the Texans to cover. We'll take the Texans too. They are going to GM only tap the Cowboys in the face.
Speaker 1: Stadium car.
Speaker 3: They used to say that, and Ascar, I love tap Robin's racing.
Speaker 1: Robin was racing. And with that, go go Texans. Drew, Thank you very much. Thank you as well One Billy uh. We will see you next week.
Speaker 2: Sounds good.
Speaker 1: Thanks