Speaker 1: What's up, Gorge. It is La La Kent with Rand.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing because we have two amazing guests today. We have Sistine and Sophia st Alone.
Speaker 3: And high Energy podcast today. That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but Randa and I have to share a mic because we're just so lazy that we have yet to order a fourth mic.
Speaker 1: You guys, well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: How I'm gonna not laugh. Yeah, you guys pushing mics every two seconds. It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: No, it'll be intense.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, I have to say we're a little lazy.
Speaker 5: We have to order the mic today. That's kind of ridiculous that we have throats. But I just want to say that I'm totally stoked. We have a lot to talk about. You guys are crushing or people don't know, but you guys have a new podcast, which is so cool because we just started ours a year ago. So I'd love to just start with like hearing about how that came through.
Speaker 3: Why did you guys come up with this idea? Did somebody bring it to you? Like just the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So I kind of was the one that pioneered the whole idea.
Speaker 4: We were really into talking to each other and we had a lot of the ideas, but I wanted to do something a bit different, which was more of like an OPRAH for young adults, and so mine was a bit more serious, and I tried to pitch it to a ton of companies and it wasn't working, and Sustine was just nagging me, like.
Speaker 1: Get me on the show, get me on the show.
Speaker 4: A lot to say, and so I thought, let me just contribute it, so, you know, wanted to do her own thing, have it just be her project, and lots of nagging later, so at every single company was like, we're not working with you.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, I find that so hard to believe. What would they say?
Speaker 4: They liked the idea, but they thought it wasn't going to be appealing to millennials or gen Z, which now I understand.
Speaker 1: I totally agree.
Speaker 4: I think everything out there now is you have to have a shock factor, you have to be a bigger personnel. I don't think there's a lot of platforms that do more of the serious type concepts unless you're in your.
Speaker 1: Forties or like, yeah, people want you to be kind of slutty exactly.
Speaker 4: Remember, exactly exactly, so we are Soyba tried to sell it as let's get medical professionals on, let's get authors on. She wanted to make it really informative personality, and I said, no, one wants to hear that. So I said, okay, power numbers, Sustine, come on.
Speaker 1: And so we went to probably.
Speaker 4: The first podcast studio that would take us, and they were like, let's do it, and Custine and I just had this natural banner and it's.
Speaker 1: Perfect because we're pull her office. And the show's called Unwaxed, so I love the name.
Speaker 4: It's pretty much actually, we didn't think of it, which is and I think it's kind of weird to say, who thought of it?
Speaker 3: Who did think of it?
Speaker 4: Sylvester, Yeah, so not as creepysy.
Speaker 1: Well, he told us to not tell people, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: By the way, by the way, people don't realize. I mean, I know because I've done a lot of movies with your dad. He Besides, he's a creative genius obviously, but he's really smart with things that you would be like would I go to him last for that? Like I would ever think, like, let's go to sly and ask him for a podcast name.
Speaker 3: But he does come up with a lot of really really smart shit.
Speaker 4: Well, if you look at his characters, they're the most interesting, weird, Like he'll name someone Christmas and Barnie Ross like yeah, random, just so random.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he really came through with that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So now just take us this.
Speaker 5: So you come up with the idea, you come up with the name, and then you go to a podcast studio, and how does the process start and what is it like when you're doing it?
Speaker 3: Do you enjoy it?
Speaker 5: Is there a lot of growing pains like we had because Lala and I were like, we didn't know what fuck we were doing when we started, so it took it. Like I talked way too much. They told me to shut up things like that.
Speaker 1: So tell us it was definitely a work in progress.
Speaker 4: I feel like first one was hey, actually we did practice runs before we did our official first episode, and we were so bad.
Speaker 1: We looked at each.
Speaker 4: Other like are we are we fucking crazy? Like why are we doing this? This is like the worst idea. For maybe three to four months, we would get our phone record ourselves just practicing, and every three minutes we would pause it while the other person was talking and critique them. So then we ended up taking four hours to shoot one and then we just would leave because we're fighting. Yeah, but it's kind of crazy. I feel like the transition from how we were then to now. We used to have at least three pages of Google Docs before, like while we're shooting, so we would know the topics, the transitions, who to bring up, and it was so detailed, and if we didn't have something, we thought that it was going to implode.
Speaker 1: And so now today I think.
Speaker 4: It's more we'll have like a topic and we'll write it down and we just riff off.
Speaker 1: Each other, right, like, just let it flow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find like I'm a virgo, so I also yeah, yeah, Google, I'm like, I.
Speaker 1: Know where your head's at. I know.
Speaker 2: But then I feel like I got kind of when I have something that's that detailed, it almost fucks my mind up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Following the script is hard, especially when you want to be creative and funny and hit certain notes and your brain is just all over the place.
Speaker 2: Right, And then I sit there and I'm like, I didn't talk about that one thing though, and.
Speaker 1: It just becomes like too much for me to hit it or I went off track? Was that like weird?
Speaker 4: And is that like not making sense for the show anymore? And I mean we have to cut that whole thing out. Seem's like, no, that's your authenticity, like you're being honest about I think that was the hardest part for us, was trying to sort of create an image for ourselves that we want out there, because no one really knows who we are.
Speaker 1: No one knows our personality.
Speaker 4: So in the beginning, we really tried to come off as cookie cutter, perfect twenty four and twenty three year olds and that's and as the show has grown, we're almost not a fiftieth episode and you can just see that it's just authentic and people are like, you know, you're really honest on the show. They're like, yeah, you remind us of this other girl that's on our show.
Speaker 1: But you guys are just raw. And I'm like, oh god, we don't care, like we just spill it all. But I think that that's what makes an epic podcast.
Speaker 2: No one wants to hear some well, I'm sure there are people, but that's not who we are obviously targeting. We want the people that are like, I want to talk about bleaching assholes.
Speaker 1: Or like whatever it may be. Mention it all, mention it all. I think people like that.
Speaker 5: I agree because one of the things that we were so obsessed with too is that like we'd be like, who's the guest this week? Remember, we would do that, like every we'd obsess, like the next three weeks out who our guests would be. And then we started getting feedback and from fans and from the network that there are podcasts and they're like, you guys, we like you, Like it doesn't always have to be the biggest star in the world, because we're like, we need the loan, we need Quava, we need this guy we need And all of a sudden we realize, like, wow, they really like laugh at us and with us, and.
Speaker 4: It's okay and so true from I mean, I've listened to a bunch of Your Guys's episodes and I found that the ones that were my favorite were with just you guys, or having the mom talk or the dad talk.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the big guest.
Speaker 4: That you guys had your banter before the guest came on was the best part of it.
Speaker 1: Was so nice it's true. Tell me this.
Speaker 2: Do your do your parents listen to your podcast each week?
Speaker 4: Jen used to mom used to listen to it every week. She's hinting on lazy. Sly refuses what I told him, we do not want you to listen. My dad started strong. He listened to the first episode and he goes, this is great. The second episode was advice from a fuck boy. Oh and after I heard that one, he goes, I think I'm good.
Speaker 2: Right, He was like, I just want to think of you guys as like three year old little girls that yeah, yeah, totally.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: If I was your father and I heard that episode, it would be the last one I'd ever listened to, So I can understand. So by the way I think that, I mean, and I'm speaking for Sly, but I think that part of being the successful father that he is is letting you guys go into the world and having your voice. And and by the way, I don't think people really know because like you said, the Stalone Girls or whatever, the Stalone Sisters, but like now you have your voice and it's like kind of really shining, and I think that's really really special, and I think that's a success.
Speaker 3: Of a father. You know, let me panning it down, and that's cool.
Speaker 4: Totally, and I feel like we have I think he also loves the fact that if you guys know him personally, so you know that he's a very open book about things.
Speaker 1: He does not have a filter.
Speaker 4: I feel like anyone that knows him personally is like, this guy's not as.
Speaker 1: Cookie cutters, still laying me it's a filter.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So it's funny because I feel like people are getting like a sneak peek of what he really is like because we're the same way, Like we.
Speaker 1: Don't really hold back on anything.
Speaker 4: It's like if we talk about sex, we talk about sex, we talk about mental health, we'll talking about mental health.
Speaker 1: Why hold back?
Speaker 4: And I feel like people have been getting they got over the shock. Now now they're like, okay, what's next, Like what's more for the show?
Speaker 2: Right? Well, I was, you know, lucky enough to come and have dinner at your guys's home with your other little sister, Scarlet, and then your mom, and obviously your dad was there, and.
Speaker 3: I will his name is Sly.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna say your dad. It's funny because I don't even say my dad. I call him Sli. Your dad's Sly. That's dope.
Speaker 2: And just to see your guys back and forth with him is amazing. I mean, I feel like people like Sly and Rand just get cursed with all girls.
Speaker 1: Yes, don't you think? Yes?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like because they have so much energy, they need the girl energy to bring them down at them. Yes, because I know that he does not get away with ship shows.
Speaker 1: But he wanted only girls.
Speaker 4: He did only want Now he regrets it. Girls are a little bit expensive. But I tell him, I.
Speaker 1: Go, Dad, girls are forever. When men find their woman, they leave. They don't need you. No, they don't need you girls or forever we're.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: That is so true. What a great thing.
Speaker 5: Because you know what I told Lala when when we were trying to have Ocean, which took about four weeks, but but literally, but when we were trying to have a baby, She's like, you know, she was dead set in her mind at that time. Obviously now she's in paradise, but but she was like, I got to give you a boy. And I was like, no, you don't understand something. I'm good, I'm old, and I like to cuddle. I like to get you know, go to manicures and pedicures. I'm like, good shopping. I'm not going to be a great boy. Dad like I'm too slow and too old, and and then and then I told her, and the other thing is, you're too o CD and if we have a boy jumping off the furniture into the wall, you're going to go crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, so I didn't really feel like I needed to give you a boy.
Speaker 1: I just wanted a boy.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you were being selfless.
Speaker 5: But okay, okay, anyway, so next time, just agree and pretend, Okay, I want.
Speaker 1: A boy right now. So I mean, slow down. I don't know, I do want to boy. I don't know if it's because I'm so surrounded by girls. Twenty four seven.
Speaker 4: Wanted to throw something in the mix because we're so I feel like we're all because my mom's whole side, they've only had one of one gender. My mom's sisters had four boys. My mom's others said three girls.
Speaker 1: Three girls. There hasn't been like a mix, even female dogs. But go go back to choice, my choice.
Speaker 4: But going back to the dinner when you guys came over, that was one of the most chaotic dinner conversations in the best way possible. And my mom comes up to us after you guys had left and goes, do you think we scared them off?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't think they're gonna not at all. You like had me hooked after that?
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 2: I was like I was already super down and we had just found out that I was pregnant with others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right, that's right. I think you guys are like the first people I saw after Oh my god, how crazy?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: So cool?
Speaker 3: That was?
Speaker 5: That was a week after we got back from North Carolina. It was like we were like two weeks maybe in and that I mean very quick, Yeah, yeah, wow, uh what I like to call givoting.
Speaker 3: No, you weren't. You weren't scaring anybody. We were coming back for more, like we were live anytime. Flies calling and I was like, what are you doing tomorrow night? And I was like, are we going on a date? Slide? And he's like, no, you want to go in for dinner. I was like, well, I'm still out of town. You know, he's always he's great.
Speaker 5: But so so here's the question I get from a lot of my friends. Neither one of you know this but because I shield you from I feel like, you know, parental shield, like I have to do it for slide. People see you on Instagram. You guys have these big Instagram followings. You have these big social media followings. Obviously people know who you are. I get a question and the question is are you two single? We have I want the answer officially on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Said that such a hilarious question. Yes we are so, and actually we're about to talk about why we're single.
Speaker 4: Why do you think it's our fault that we're seeing a way on our podcast today record. We've spent about twenty episodes on our podcast discussing why it's everyone else that's the.
Speaker 1: Problem and why we're single. And Sophia, I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 4: This morning I walk in a room, she goes, Systeine, I think it's us said the problem, and I was like, we should talk about why we find every single problem and the guys we're dating and find the most ridiculous one and why we broke up with them, and talk about the podcast like our defense mechanisms and you.
Speaker 5: Can you give us an example of a guy that you each were dating and what you made up in your head that was horribly wrong.
Speaker 3: You don't have to pay the name, of course.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh I know I've done a guy because he gave me too much attention. Yeah, it's just so stupid because the opposite, I get way pissier.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, he's just too much, Like what else do I want?
Speaker 4: I stopped seeing a guy because on the second date he gave me a pet name, called me his little pickle. Okay, i'd break up, but he was the nicest guy ago, but no, no, no, but I can't be a little yeah. Oh god no, it's like we even say, like Colone changes if it's like too many different sons.
Speaker 3: Okay, you allright, So let me ask it.
Speaker 5: So both you were single now during the pandemic, which I had spoken to you guys, it was obviously for somebody singles super hard to date because you guys were locked down. How did you deal with that or was it just online?
Speaker 3: Like what happened?
Speaker 1: Okay? The weirdest thing. I don't know why. I think I've thrived during quarantine one that I've ever done in my entire life. So serial dating.
Speaker 4: Would get six dates really days? Yeah, well I did it for the podcast. I was kind of trying to test.
Speaker 1: Them like zoom dates.
Speaker 4: Yeah, zoom dates a lot of them, and they were just wow a zoom dat there's so high.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's really specific. We had to get the lighting right. We put candles in the back. Very moody. That's really very very moody. So he was in the background, was like, well, what we've moved on.
Speaker 4: What we thought was just a genius idea now looking back, was actually so stupid of us to do. We decided to join a dating app, during which one during the pandemic, we joined Riyah and pinge.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I thought, how how is that or what is it? Like, well, we're not on it anymore, but it's just horrible.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you why Riah doesn't work for us, because it's a bunch of people that think that they are just the cats meow. And for example, this one guy had message Sophia and asked her out and said, how do you feel if we go get a hamburger and go to the beach. Sophia says, that's not my vibe at all, right, not your vibe?
Speaker 1: What's your vibe? She's lying? I just the guy was too short and that's just.
Speaker 3: What's the height requirement?
Speaker 1: We have to know at least like six feet. Holy please to say I agree, but you're not six Lawa.
Speaker 3: I am six feet minus two inches.
Speaker 1: That I could take.
Speaker 4: I just need to at least when I wear my four in sheets, at least be we're not offended.
Speaker 1: Next you, Sorry, it's the I agree.
Speaker 3: I agree with Lawa. Six. If that's what you need, you should get six feet.
Speaker 1: See, I feel like I mean picky. No, you're not a problem. It's like, it's okay, old, are you again? I'm gonna be twenty five next month? Okay, fuck off. You can take as much time as you need find six feet.
Speaker 2: You can say what you want him to do, what you want him to look like, no attention, too much attention.
Speaker 1: You can break up with him. You're twenty five.
Speaker 4: We just sort of will be saying yes to anyone that asks us out though.
Speaker 1: That's the problem. We're not picky enough. We literally just say. And then the problem is we do the most.
Speaker 4: On the first few dates, we try to entertain do a little dad yeah, be smart, be funny, good conversationalists, and then by date three we go, oh my god, they have the personality of a doorknob and you don't know who they are. Who did you just date for the past five weeks?
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: Okay, because I'm older, so I'm a little different generation gap here. If they have a great personality and they're five eight, do you overlook the hype?
Speaker 3: No pun intended?
Speaker 1: Actually no, no, actually I do you do? Did take me up?
Speaker 5: Bit?
Speaker 4: You're gon?
Speaker 1: In college? I know I was, really because.
Speaker 4: My last boyfriend was six seven what yeah, so he was super super tall, so I was I was kind of jaded by that. I'm like, everyone is short, but obviously honestly a giant. But no, yes, yes, I feel like as I've gotten older, and I think the more guys we've dated were like personality, we just need that someone that's funny, that can keep up with us, because I mean, we're not hard to date honestly, like we like to.
Speaker 1: We honestly did the easiest things ever.
Speaker 4: We're not like I.
Speaker 5: Said this to you guys when we were doing the movie. Won't talk about that in a second, but I was saying, like, I think guys are probably at your age intimidated because there's a big thing that comes with you right, Like looming in the back is the Sylvester Stilttle legacy. So you've got that, and then you've got these two women that you guys are funny, you're strong, you're.
Speaker 3: Intelligent, you know what I mean. Like, you guys are the package. I would think, thank you, no, and I and I know you guys. You guys are good people.
Speaker 5: Like that's also a huge thing in the world to be you know, so I think that you know, you have to find a.
Speaker 3: Guy at least if I was to guess that's strong, you know, very very confident. You know, I think no matter what age and what.
Speaker 4: The confident is a huge thing because a lot of the guys that we go out with, they go out with us for the wrong reasons.
Speaker 1: Of course most of the time.
Speaker 4: Most of the time we normally know when they talk about it a ton on the first day.
Speaker 1: I really there's no shame.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, I'll get this. I've had a guy bring a resume on my first day. Yeah, you're fucking it was thirty two. You would think a man in his thirties, but yeah, he was trying to be a director or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he brought his resume for you to give to your day exactly.
Speaker 4: The problem is a lot of these guys, like I say to me to my girlfriend, the next day they like met them.
Speaker 1: They're like, would she get me court side seats with her dad? Yeah? No? Yeah, so another a damn, why are you? Oh so that's why we're still single? Is that we everyone?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, it sounds like it's everyone else's problem. You guys have listed off a few like schmunkies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just we know how to pick up.
Speaker 3: But you know what part of the thing is coming.
Speaker 5: And you know, it's easy to say from an outside like oh they come from this lineage blah blah blah, and you know, but at the same time, like there's also a curse to that, like you know, like you said, like are they dating you for the right reason?
Speaker 3: I think that's a big thing.
Speaker 5: Like you're gonna have to go the extra mile with somebody just to make sure you're getting that right person, because you know, you don't, like you said, you don't want somebody using you for for whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be a lot easier if you guys were like unfortunate looking, because then you would know for sure everyone who was in it for the wrong readings, you know, you'd be like, well, I'm kind of busted and they're really into me.
Speaker 1: They're definitely in it firstly, but you're like.
Speaker 2: Hot, so it's like, are they with me because I'm fun hot?
Speaker 1: Or you know, there's so many options.
Speaker 4: To choose from so much No, I think that honestly nice. I probably, Yeah, it's scary and I feel like people think that we're going to be a lot. I think the pandemic really made us realize how longly were we tried to look really hard for a relationship, and now we're like, you know what, let's just focus on our career.
Speaker 1: Let's grind for this year.
Speaker 3: By the way, great idea, yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Just do us and if it comes around, it'll come run.
Speaker 5: Can I say this and we're gonna go to a break real quick. I just want to say that. I think you're right. We work hard and then the right situation will come at the right time, versus we all have in our lives. Lalla and I both individually in our lives have.
Speaker 3: Forced or tried. It never works that way.
Speaker 5: And I think when you least expected, you know, she came smashing into my life and has a left since.
Speaker 1: We need this gosh, I love you too, babe. Let's go to a break.
Speaker 2: We are back in case you've been living under a rock. It is Laala Kent and you're listening to our podcast Give Them Laala with Randall. Yes, we have Sustine and Sofia still alone. So we've spoken to you guys about your epic or not so epic.
Speaker 1: I guess dating fails however you'd like to look.
Speaker 4: We've also been manifesting toxic Girl Summer for the past couple months. I think we're now just shooting ourself in the foot. Yeah, we wanted a drama filled summer.
Speaker 1: Now we really don't want a drama full summer. We keep running into every X since we've been back in la So we're really.
Speaker 4: Just we're manifesting the r take a healthy girl with her boyfriend summer please.
Speaker 2: I mean I kind of thrived during the pandemic as well, because they told me that I absolutely could not leave my house, and that's when I do the best.
Speaker 4: See you know what, My mom was the same way. She wants every night for us to be sitting on the couch doing a puzzle eating cheese pups. Every single night, and we did that every night.
Speaker 1: It was amazing a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's like hell for me. So the pandemic was a test of my true self. The only thing I will say is it allowed me to slow down and really take inventory in my life and remember what is important. So I think that was a beautiful thing for me because I needed that. But I'm not somebody that does really well sitting still.
Speaker 2: But at your guys' age, for sure, I would have not been living my best life.
Speaker 4: I went into pandemic twenty three. I'm coming out twenty five. I'm just depressed. Yeah, year, like the year after, like the seventh bag of cheese, pus, I go, this is getting a little sad. There was literally twelve different varieties of cheese plus that we were trying.
Speaker 1: I wish I was kidding. I could take a photo and send it to you guys. It was bad.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it sucks that we feel like we were robbed of a few years, but so was everyone, so we can't feel too bad.
Speaker 3: I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to just mention one thing on a side because you and I have a movie coming out and Midnight and Switchcrafts, which, by the way, people.
Speaker 3: Don't know Susteine Saloney is one of the stars. You crushed it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 5: What's crazy is talking about the pandemic. We were in Puerto Rico together the week before the world ended.
Speaker 1: It was crazy, yea.
Speaker 5: So just tell people like that experience, because I've said I've talked about the podcast with she was We've been through it for basically many shutdowns. But just your experience, you came out, you booked the movie, just kind of the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Well, when I even read the script and did the audition, I said, this is the type of dark shit that I love.
Speaker 1: Like this script I just spoke to me. So I was so excited to even read You didn't like the person that was doing the background.
Speaker 4: For Soia was like I was at the audition, like I just said it up for you. Sofia was reading the lines with me. My mom is holding a ringlet and filming at the same time. So it was a full production.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. I wish I could have seen that. We do every single audition. My auditions.
Speaker 4: Why it's so funny because sometimes I'll have my dad read across from me, and I'll tell you why that never works. I always get two responses back, one being it's a good audition, but the voice is a little bit distracting in the background because we know who it is. And the second one is to say, if I'm you know, a girlfriend that has to tell her boyfriend that I'm laid on my period and I have to have this very emotional scene with my dad.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh god, this is just awkward, Like how do you get into character?
Speaker 5: And by the way, there's no other guys in your house, so that's your only go to.
Speaker 1: Exactly, like good, exactly, but like that.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the audition was great, obviously, I booked it and then flew to Puerto Rico. You were so amazing when I got they were so sweet and it was funny because the first night that we went out as a big crew, my dad was like, Sistine, where are you. He had no idea that I was even in Puerto.
Speaker 5: Rico, and Ryndad's like, you didn't tell him, Like, by the way, I had to text him and I said, I just want to tell you. I never I never brought it up to you because your daughter just for my movie and I didn't want it to ever be anything like that. And she crushed it, and he goes, what she's in Puerto Rico. I go, okay, this has gone a little too extreme. We're taking this a little too extreme. He's like, well, she safe. I go slide right.
Speaker 4: That's exactly why I didn't tell him, because I know my dad. He would have sent ten security guards and a helicopter and like snipers in the grass, like waiting for me. So I just thought, okay, if it's a I was there for one, two, three days, I said, let's just get in and out.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need to know I won't hurt him.
Speaker 4: But it was such an amazing experience, Like I still look back at photos and remember that time, and everyone on the crew was so nice, and you were so amazing and made me feel so comfortable.
Speaker 3: It was just so much fun. It was. It was really epic. And and that's crazy because we shot you.
Speaker 5: I think like day was it three or four on camera and then and then day seven we shut down.
Speaker 3: The whole world shutdown, So it was like this weird.
Speaker 1: Like I got lucky and out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't have to come back thirteen times where we shut down.
Speaker 5: But anyway, I just want to congratulate you because our premiere is next week and the movie opened.
Speaker 1: So exciting for you too. That is so cool your directorial debut. It's a big deal for you, guys. Do you have your dress?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, my mom and I have been on every website we are searching.
Speaker 2: I'm so underwhelmed by everything that's out there to worry.
Speaker 4: I just feel like no one's buying. Everything looks the same and I don't really know, Like, what is your vibe?
Speaker 1: Lalla? What do you think? Do you want to dance?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Over the premiere?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: I think in general was sweat pants. Have you seen my Instagram?
Speaker 2: It consists of my gray velvet headboard and me and bed.
Speaker 1: That's that's all. I mean.
Speaker 2: I found this dress that is like plunging neckline, an epic shoulder pad. I forgot who makes it, but it's like like a very The shade of blue is amazing and it's all sequence beautiful. But it's the only thing I could find.
Speaker 4: You guys, No, I think that'll look so both your eyes and your hair. And I think because I'm trying to consider who's showing up, Like, Okay, I know she's gonna have something great on.
Speaker 1: There's Randall.
Speaker 3: He gets a black fresh T shirt.
Speaker 4: Randall is ironing his T shirt the time of like MG, and like look exactly, I'm thinking, Okay, what do I do?
Speaker 1: So we're gonna wing it. I'm gonna look for something in my closet and we'll just see.
Speaker 2: I think you're going to kill it no matter what you're being steam stallone like.
Speaker 1: Oh I need that, thank you.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 5: And by the way, you're gonna look great with whatever you wear. I, by the way, want everybody to know that I might upgrade my black T shirt.
Speaker 3: To a suit.
Speaker 5: Wow, I am going, I am going.
Speaker 3: Wow. People are really shocked.
Speaker 5: I am going to a store, a real store this week on Thursday, the real one one where they sell suits, and I'm going to try one on.
Speaker 3: The last time I had a suit on was my bar mitzvah at thirteen. So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's such a why he's worn a suits.
Speaker 3: Okay, irishman. But other than that, other than that, yeah.
Speaker 1: You gotta look good. You gotta look good. He does. He needs a little help. We gotta up his swag. Do you do style him?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I have a hard enough time styling myself. By the time I finished, I'm like, I don't have enough energy for you.
Speaker 4: I thought, I always going back to Pinterest because they just have really good ideas. I know Pinterest is kind of outdated, isn't very Everyone still diesy good because I love it.
Speaker 1: I think I think everyone loves it. No, it's a great place for outfits go there. Yeah, this is my problem.
Speaker 4: I put so much energy into like a new outfit idea, and then I put on like this looks like ship, So I re wear the same outfit that I've won twelve hundred times same.
Speaker 1: I can't it overwhelms me.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'll have like one really bomb look and then I just rock it to the wheels outside and I'm like, well, it was cute when I first wore it, and now I never want to see it.
Speaker 1: Now it's tired.
Speaker 4: I've worn the same little black dress on like twelve different dates.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I have one, and I just why would you not a different guy?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 4: It's how horrible would be if like the guy that I wanted else previously saw me wearing the same exact off with this different guy.
Speaker 1: That would just be a crazy content for the podcast. I hope that happens, isn't it funny.
Speaker 2: When you start a podcast or like a reality show, you're like, I really wish that would happen.
Speaker 1: That would make for great.
Speaker 4: TV all the time, and my notesop like all the time, Oh, just having to be I I write it down for the show.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you guys just celebrated your dad. Oh sorry sly birthday.
Speaker 3: When you talk about Sly, you say Sly, there's no dad.
Speaker 1: You could say dad, I could say whatever you want, laala. But I like that though. Yeah, yeah, little song. That was a good one. Good. What did you guys do to celebrate? Well, seventy five, that's a big year for it. It's huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was really hard because we wanted to do something fun. My mom did a huge thing for his sixtieth flew all of his friends out to Vegas, I mean rented clubs, Like it was a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Huge.
Speaker 4: So she says, okay, seventy five, how can we top that? But you know, a more tired version of like a like a curfewder Okay, So so we go to Boa and it was just like a big group of his friends day. He's known since either college or since he was twenty. It's just anything like that, so it's really really intimate. And then we thought, okay, what's a fun after party like that?
Speaker 1: We can do that. He hasn't done that. It's normal for somebody.
Speaker 4: You can't take him to bootsy bellows, you can't take them to catch or blow out.
Speaker 1: And I don't want him just to go home.
Speaker 4: And so we thought, okay, we know some people at the laugh Actory, and he loves comedy.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I feel like he should just do it.
Speaker 4: Why don't we get a list of his favorite comedians, send it out to our friends that kind of run the laugh Actory and say, hey, just find whoever you can and make a really really boss like bomb lineup.
Speaker 1: And so they did it. We show up and my dad was like, literally it was amazing.
Speaker 4: By that point, we just said, okay, let's get these guys as tipsy as possible so they have even more funds.
Speaker 1: So it was amazing.
Speaker 4: We got three booths for them at the comedy show and they were just stray amazing.
Speaker 1: It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Who were some of the comedians that you guys had show up?
Speaker 1: I don't know anyone. It was Oh my god, am I so bad? Because the guys that Dad like Jeff Ross.
Speaker 3: Jeff Ross is awesome, It's great.
Speaker 4: I'm w am I forgetting the names right now, It's okay, I'm Robinson.
Speaker 1: Oh, pig Robinson.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was a hot talk time machine.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I definitely know is great. But it was a lot of fun. That sounds like totally like I would dig that, and I am not seventy five. It's a great day night.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: We like to go there for day night.
Speaker 3: It's a lot. I love comedy club, so does she.
Speaker 5: And by the way, for your birthday in September, maybe we should just do comedy club instead of Hawaii.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing comedy club in Hawaii. That I was the last comedy show I went to. I was ship faced, so this was like three years ago, and I heckled.
Speaker 4: No yeah, I got thrown out.
Speaker 1: Did the comedian pick on you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: No, he said some crazy ship But then the club people came up to us and I asked us to leave.
Speaker 4: Well, they really hate people that had go like there, I will now should It's like they're performing.
Speaker 1: Shut the fuck out. I would love to just say something back, but then I get called out. You know what.
Speaker 4: It would be really good at La La Sophia and I have always wanted to do this. David Spade had a segment on a show where he would be backstage with a microphone and would have just random girls, guys, actors, models that were not stand up comedians at all, have an ear piece in and he would feed them and they would have the lines and they would have no idea what's going to come out, And you're in front of a live audience and you're just saying it as it's coming to you in real time, and the response is so funny.
Speaker 1: Wait, what is this show?
Speaker 2: Well, it's like David Spade's talk show that on Comedy Central or something like that.
Speaker 4: You have this segment where he get like, what's her name? Charlotte McKinney is Yeah, it would be like him and Whitney Cummings backstage, like giving you that you should do.
Speaker 1: That I would want to do. That would is funny for the show. What David Spade?
Speaker 2: When I first moved to he gave me a gift card and shut so I bought sheets with it. No, yeah, I always yeah, but back and beyond gift card.
Speaker 1: That's kind of great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love that play, by the way, that's actually a really good gift.
Speaker 1: I always say, David Spade bought me my first LA sheets. Oh I love it, epic. You know, it's a welcome present. I love it. That's so funny.
Speaker 5: Okay, So questions, So when you guys were coming up in Los Angeles, did you always want to act?
Speaker 3: Do you sustain? And Sofia? Did you all? Because I know you started a book club. So I saw that. I saw that.
Speaker 5: So sheriff, tell us about the acting, tell us about the book club, and I'm like, why these things kind of happen.
Speaker 1: I'll start with the acting thing. It's kind of a funny story.
Speaker 4: And growing up, I was painfully shy, like my mom thought I was just a mute like I I. We would do school plays every single year, and I kid you not. Sofia was so good that she would be the lead in every single place. So we projected her to be the actor of the family.
Speaker 1: She was a star.
Speaker 4: She was fearless up there. I, however, was so bad that they would cast me to sit on the right side of the stage on the stairs the whole night with the signs that'd say boo and ya for the audience, and even I messed that up, but I'd put up the wrong one and it was it was a mess.
Speaker 1: So I never really wanted to act.
Speaker 4: It's sort of just I thought, I don't like to not try things, and I don't like to be bad at things. So I just thought, Okay, let's why not for fun, and then I kind of just fell in love with it. It was really it was just and it's cool having I also looked at it as a really cool way to bond with my dad. He is really obviously passionate about it, and he knows what he's talking about, and it was just a cool way to become closer and he gives me advice and tips and what I learned when I'm with him, not even just acting wise, it's more just life wise. I wouldn't have gotten those, you know, experiences if I didn't.
Speaker 3: Without without the same passion, right exactly.
Speaker 5: It's funny because people don't know yet because I haven't seen this movie, and I know there's note other things.
Speaker 3: But that's so the opposite of how you come off, because when.
Speaker 5: You're on set, you're so strong with your conviction of the character, and it's like when I was directing you, you know, because I didn't know you at all, and you came in the set and I was like, Okay, you know, maybe she knows a little bit of that. I don't know what she knows but you, but I knew you crushed it in the audition, so I was like, she nailed the character. And I remember when we were going back and forth and I was giving direction, like you just kind of kept making it your own, even deeper than what you already had brought. So for you to even say like, oh, I didn't really know I was gonna act.
Speaker 3: It's so it is.
Speaker 4: She random confidence all of a sudden, And I think it was that I don't give a shit attitude that made it.
Speaker 1: The most realist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's a good opposite. Like I loved it, but I thought too much and then I would overanalyze it, and then when I would audition, I would just bomb because when you do are in part of an industry that is so insecure, you have to be honestly the opposite in order to stand out. And I knew, Okay, there's no way I can ever live up to this like legacy.
Speaker 1: That my dad has created.
Speaker 4: There's no way I can ever I have a better chance of going to the moon having the same success that he's had an acting and.
Speaker 1: I'm so aware of that.
Speaker 4: So if I just go into it thinking I'm just gonna fucking go for it, sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If I go I'm just gonna go for it.
Speaker 4: I like throw spaghetti at the wall, seawood sticks and if I get it, great, And if I don't get the part, then I'm not.
Speaker 1: I think that's gonna.
Speaker 3: Cry about it.
Speaker 1: That's an amazing way to look at thank you. So it's it's more fun than anything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I'll say, you know, we all kind of like if we all overthink like legacy forget even I mean, it's your dad, so it's obviously different.
Speaker 3: But there are producers I looked up to their directors.
Speaker 5: If I say to myself, when I took this leap of faith to try to direct Midnight, and I look at guys like Squirtsese, It's like I can't even mentally get my head around it.
Speaker 3: But I think that we have to just.
Speaker 5: Go in, like you said, fearless and with our dreams, and hopefully our dreams will take us where we want to go, right, And I think.
Speaker 4: That's kind of what started even the podcast and why we love it so much, as like everything we do, we just go in with zero filter, fully wrong, not having any fear with it because we know look like it's going up and down and it's not one hundred percent all the time. But I think that mentality that she's had and if we just do it naturally with our own.
Speaker 1: Personalities, it just works.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, I actually look up to Sustain in a lot of ways for that stuff.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you are a really cute exist I do. They are.
Speaker 4: They're very We're a good balance because she tells me like, don't give a ship, and then if she it's.
Speaker 1: A vice versus you should give a shit.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Sofia tells me all the time, I wish I was in your skin, and I'm like, I literally wish I was you, Like.
Speaker 1: We want to be each other all the time.
Speaker 4: Well, really, I look up to her so much just because not only are you my older sister, you do things because you like them. I feel like a lot of choices that I've made in my career so far have been because managers, agents, people giving me the wrong advice and saying what's good for them. Whereas like for example, you started this book club because it's purely out of passion and you're only doing things that you like to do, whereas like I just do things sometimes because I feel like I have to do them.
Speaker 3: So tell us that, and I know I do.
Speaker 5: And I think that the two of you, like, I hope people see if people.
Speaker 3: Were sitting here, I hope they can see. I hope it comes through the mic like what we see.
Speaker 5: No no, But like you guys have this really really really sweet like real pure love for one were your.
Speaker 4: Best friends, Like I really honest we always say this because we had like a lot of friends come and go, and we've had our lulls with people, but we always just say, well, we have each other, We're fine. We go on and now I honestly would go on and people are like, are you.
Speaker 1: Bringing your sister? Well, they just add her auto.
Speaker 4: I don't say it's at it anywhere, but Sofia is like, she's coming.
Speaker 1: Whether either I go, it's like we're the.
Speaker 5: I don't think anybody's complaining if either one of you bring the other. But now, so I read on your gram that you were doing this book club, which, by the way, I knew nothing that you were this obsessed with books, but I read the whole thing and it was like, you have this real obsession and passion for reading.
Speaker 4: Well, so I realized that since I've been on social media, I've had a really really tough time finding my voice, and I think that it's really easy, Like you are amazing at makeup and so that is just like I mean, and no, you are, and it really is authentic and so people.
Speaker 1: Follow you for that.
Speaker 4: And then Susteine like she's just naturally fashioned forward even with makeup, and people really look up to her like that. I've always been kind of in this lull where I don't really know who I am, and so I realized, Okay, I feel like so many people are super authentic on Instagram, like and they really show their passions, and that's what makes someone successful, is like you truly love what you're doing. And so I thought, okay, I've been the biggest book.
Speaker 1: Worm since I was like in third grade.
Speaker 4: I would read you can have sustain. I'd probably read over five hundred books, and.
Speaker 1: I read she reads so fast I read my brain can't comprehend works. Yea, yeah, I'll read a whole chapter and I'm like what the fuck did I just read? I have literally stammer.
Speaker 3: You love reading, you love.
Speaker 4: Reading, but reading well, no, I said, I'm scared to sign up for your book club because if we talk about it next week ago, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Forget everything you've read. So I just decided.
Speaker 4: I was like, I love things that involve health with like mentally, and I also love things physically healthy, and so I was like, Okay, the this is a really positive platform. I can encourage people to read books, and maybe I can teach people how to love it or how to read faster, how to find what their niche is, because like everyone has.
Speaker 1: Their own preference. That scene loves murder mystery and so I've given it and neurotica.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, and I read all that, so I'm quarantines read hard. But I also like, you just learned so much from books, And as I get older, I realized the books I've read it relates to so many people. If I've said I've read a book, you can have a full blown conversation.
Speaker 1: With someone and you sound so much smarter when you just say, like, I've read this book.
Speaker 4: Even if you've read one book in your life, You're like whoa And I know totally. So I just I realized I want to build this community and I truly truly love books. And I mean whether that turns into something else, like I have a ton of ideas, but.
Speaker 2: I think it gives people a sense of community. You know, they feel like they have a direct connection with you.
Speaker 1: Because you, you.
Speaker 2: Know, recommended this book and you guys are going to have a conversation about it, and you know, wherever they are in the world and they follow you, you they go pick up the book and it gives them that intimate time with you exactly.
Speaker 4: And it also gives me the opportunity since I think a lot of our instagram. Instagram is kind of intimidating, and people have always said that to us, where they're like, you have like one point fime and all your photos like super pretty. Okay, no it happens, but they say we look very angry angry and.
Speaker 1: Also pictures, well, they said a lot of people.
Speaker 4: We met this manager the other day and the first thing you said to us was I was honestly expecting you guys to be super bitchy because of the way your Instagram looks, And I go, you're pop it's because.
Speaker 1: No talk on it.
Speaker 4: The only thing you can figure out your smile also, so I've no meaning there, and I know my angle.
Speaker 1: It's with a sharp jawline a little bit. It's just this side of my face. It's like, just because we know how to smile, it doesn't mean we're mean. So I use this.
Speaker 4: Book but also as a way for me to just be like my kind of vulnerable normal sun. So I actually write captions on and saying like how are you feeling today? Like I'm feeling okay, Like I want to build that really really.
Speaker 1: Close bond with people, and so hopefully I can do that.
Speaker 3: I think it's great.
Speaker 5: I know, I think it's great because I think, like you said, it's such a social media world. It's such a like everything's like portrayed how we want it to look. And I feel like a book club brings people back to having to interact. You're reading, your creating, and then you're sharing your take on a book. Everybody's take on a book is different, and I think that I feel like we're getting away from books so quickly your generation. You know, not that people aren't reading, but I'm saying people are watching five second videos. Tiktoks yea more than they're doing anything else. And this is a really neat way to bring people back exactly, just.
Speaker 4: Like take time for yourself where you're not comparing and you're not looking at everyone around you, and just sit down with yourself and read and something that you actually enjoy that your mind can go somewhere else and be creative.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that because the only time my mind is clear is when I'm like in the bathtub with a book, not an iPad with the book on that I had Exactly. I want to like go to the Barnes and Noble and hold it and flip the page exactly.
Speaker 1: Do you prefer that too? Totally?
Speaker 4: I mean when I was, the reason why I fell in love was I was super bullied, and so what I would do is if I didn't have anyone to sit with that lunch, I just went to the library. And I didn't like love books at the time, so I just for pulling. I'm like, Okay, that's the only place that you can be alone. It's normal, right.
Speaker 1: And just looking for books like why would she be talking now? I'm just like I can go to lunch and read by myself. I am literally by.
Speaker 4: Myself mostly not I mean, she's always with me now, but you like escape me. No, I don't want you too, but it's fun. I think that we're slowly starting to get our own voices and this is like one of mine, and Sustine has hers with acting, and you guys have yours, And I think that's what's just really important when you're on social media.
Speaker 1: To do that, I have to know what is your Do you have a favorite book?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: I do, because they give them la I'm just kidding. Oh my god, I know. I love that. I honestly that takes so many guts like to do that. I'm totally fucking with you. No, I just had to get the plug on my podcast do it.
Speaker 4: But I actually give you so much credit for that because being that vulnerable in like a book, I just and you know, like people go in and you can, I mean, such a hate filled world to put yourself out there knowing that you could get just any sort of response from strangers, Like that's a lot. There's so much content out there that people know when someone's being fake. So if you're writing something, you're putting something out there, you're trying to make it seem real. They're going to see through the bullshit. And so you writing a book and it has to be about you.
Speaker 1: You have to be.
Speaker 4: Under person honest because people are going to know if you're not telling the truth and you're being fully honest and yeah, and it's a lot of guts.
Speaker 2: So I appreciate that so much. I really do want to know if you have a favorite book.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a Pitcher of Dory and Gray. Okay, you have a while to me because well, I never read that. Oh of course it's a classic.
Speaker 4: But I feel like that's the most annoying thing I feel like when your classics.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: But then I also love like The Silent Patient, but everyone reads If you love like murder mystery.
Speaker 2: There that's where I tend to go to the ones that are all about murder, reading the Murder Room.
Speaker 4: Right now, I just read Talking with serial Killers, like that's my job.
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe you should say go to these are coming. I feel like murders read their count of Monte Cristo. She's like, it's like eight thousand pages long. But your next book is The Silent Patient.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I love you would love The Silent Patient.
Speaker 5: On it yeah, and tell me how the book club works. So how are you guys?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think it's just I try to make it as easy as possible.
Speaker 1: Just to go to the Gram.
Speaker 4: It's called Favorite book Club, and every day I'll be posting just like a book.
Speaker 1: I'm reading reviews.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll have conversations after I finish the book and go live and that's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I also want.
Speaker 4: To do a like reader of the month, like a favorite of the month, And so I have my followers come in they talk about like their favorite book, like what their favorite smell is, if it's coffee in the morres, just like weird questions, just so that everyone can see, like I notice you and you notice me, and we all notice each other, and so it doesn't feel like it's so separate from a screen and a face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, well okay so everybody. So, so we're running out of time, so let's go over it one more time.
Speaker 4: The podcast, Yes, our podcast is every Tuesday. We are recording video and audio right now, we're just doing audio. But it's unwatched podcast. You can find it on Apple.
Speaker 1: Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube.
Speaker 4: You guys, check out our fiftieth episode in a couple of weeks that is going to be with Sylvester Yeah, says We're having our whole facelift at the show. Basically, it's going to be a conversation very similar to this with our death and.
Speaker 3: That what episode are you on right now?
Speaker 1: For on like forty forty eight? Oh shit.
Speaker 5: Also, so a couple of weeks, so if they start tuning in now and they start catching up, they'll get the notification. Really yeah, okay, and your instagrams they follow.
Speaker 4: At Susteine stallone at Sophia stallone and the book club at favorite book Club.
Speaker 5: Yes here, listen, we are definitely the following the book club and we already follow the podcast, and we love your podcast, and we love you guys, love.
Speaker 3: You guys, you guys like family.
Speaker 1: Bye way, I'm so excited to be on this right now.
Speaker 4: Listen, listen, We're like welcome like every single episode.
Speaker 2: So thanks, very amazing, thank you so much, and thank you guys for listening to another episode of Give Them Mala with Randall and we will catch you next week.