Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser along with Tim Stenevic. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg TV Markets correspondent Nora Melnda in the house. And yes we are watching the drug names in particular Pfeiser cannot stop.
Speaker 4: We see Peiser is the second biggest gainer in the S and P five hundred today. Let's take our pfe Of course, we know this stock has really been in focus largely Trump involved today, so essentially they're going to be getting a three year reprieve, specifically as it relates to those pharma tariffs here, and of course we know this has been promised and coming in terms of the tariffs, so the fact that they are able to miss that aspect is of course a positive. Here we're looking at shares of Peiser up about six point seven or six point five percent, and I know that it's highest here. That is its biggest internting gained since May twenty twenty four, so really seeing some strong gains here. Of course, they also talked about the fact that they're going to be selling some of their drugs at a discounted price, slashing it by about fifty percent. That discount there and this of course will be marketed here on trump r X, which is a direct to consumer webs is.
Speaker 3: The expectation they're going to make it up on volume and so because it's a price cut. So I'm trying and I understand it sounds like they're also maybe cutting out the PBMs and the middleman.
Speaker 4: But I'm a little kind of the logistics here.
Speaker 3: I'm a little confused.
Speaker 1: I think the message is also one of playing politics. And I don't mean that in any sort of pejorative way. I mean in a way that look at the reprieve that they were able to get as a result of what the White House doing what the White House wants it to do.
Speaker 3: But I feel like this, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You also see peers higher, Yeah, I'm really higher right now by five percent is aps six percent?
Speaker 4: Definitely positivity all across that industry right now as you look at what the market's doing right now. But I wanted to move over into some of those recent IPOs so CORBYV. That's ticker CRWV. We know that this one IPO just back in March. Here we're looking at shares the same.
Speaker 3: It's not having a good year, I mean, I.
Speaker 4: Mean shares of core Weave, you know, when we're looking today though in the green I'm being sarcastic, up as much as sixteen percent in trading today. And this of course is after it set up a deal here fourteen billion dollars with Meta. This of course highlights the demand for artificial intelligence. I mean, this is the story that we've been hearing over and over again. Doesn't matter what industry we're talking about. AI is the story here. But this deal with Meta Platforms runs through December twenty thirty one, with an option to extend through twenty thirty two here with additional capacity. This should help diversify core Weave's business away from Microsoft.
Speaker 1: It's really interesting because it's a lot of like strange bedfellows here when it comes to who's buying what. This goes to show you've got to diversify your sources of this because this is a finite resource. People want compute and they want it.
Speaker 4: Now, only adding to their games of two hundred and forty two percent.
Speaker 3: Only they were having a good year.
Speaker 1: They are having a great year.
Speaker 4: Fantastic year.
Speaker 3: Let's get to ticker a fly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so not doing so hot today. We're actually looking at shares of Firefly Aerospace down today in trading. And of course this is the company that IPO just early August. Lots of IPO activity as we're seeing here across different industries, but chairs of Firefly Aerospace are falling today, in particular after there was an explosion when they were testing one of their rockets, and so of course that mishap is really sort of delaying a lot of the expectations that they had in regards to some of the plan launches for both their Flight seven and Flight eight by year end tier, so that schedule now looking a bit unlikely. We're hearing from analysts across Wall Street. But this marks the second mishap that we've experienced here with Firefly Aerospace. They had Flight six that was lost just back in April, so all personnel are safe here, but of course this did result in the loss of a rocket stage. Here shares her down for their worst day on record.
Speaker 2: The stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.