Speaker 1: Coming up with a Get Loud Podcasts presented by Sea Geek. We're to talk about what we liked, what we didn't like against the Eagles. Yeah, you know what it was some good man and ugly yep, get right spot against Paris.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe let's see and.
Speaker 3: Something that is never right for you.
Speaker 4: I hate pumpkin and I think you do too.
Speaker 2: I ain't known, guys.
Speaker 3: It is Get Loud Podcasts.
Speaker 1: French Smooth Michael Jacobs, presented by Sea Geek, the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 5: Thank you, see Geek, Thank you all right, smooth? Yes, do you believe in moral victories? This is a tricky question, jinks. Can I take a more victory to the casino.
Speaker 4: And cash it out? Do they cash out more victories or only victories and losses? Like hey I had twenty now you got twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was right there.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no. At the end of the day, as a player, we think we let one go. Yea.
Speaker 4: We are totally convinced we were the better team that they We should have beat them that day.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 4: I think the more victories are more for parents, like when you when your child does something like that you know what, hey, Dad, I made a d ah More victory because there used to be an F one right So at the end of the.
Speaker 2: Day, they take it.
Speaker 4: The fan base says, you know what, if Philly is the measurement stick, not that far away because we've seen us go blow for blow with Goliath yesterday. And that's what I do love about this team.
Speaker 2: No quit on this team.
Speaker 4: This d line don't care about Philly having a number one offensive line in football.
Speaker 2: They going head to head with them.
Speaker 4: So me, what I took from the game was we're not that far away from being one of a true true contender and as this team grow, so I can't wait to see them again in the future to see how that game goes.
Speaker 1: In the locker room, yeah, I would imagine. And you saw it on Ron Rivera's face. He was so it's pissed, yes there, And I don't believe all the players well because you want to see improvement. We saw improvement, but as players, as coaches like you were saying, it's listen, we had these we got these guys.
Speaker 4: You know what, I have to just just work up my inner Dennis Green for this one. We let them off the hook. We let them off the hook. They are who we thought they were. Like that's when you know, like, all right, everybody's saying it's the cream of the crop, this the top of the NFL.
Speaker 2: We were better than them.
Speaker 4: And that's why I say, I'm sure that locker room was just furious yesterday because of the lost and we go through these emotions up and downs. But the thing about it, as a pro athlete, you ain't got like twenty four hours to process that emotion and throw it to the side.
Speaker 2: That's the professional side of you. You have to throw it to the side. Good, I bad. You can only celebrate so long, could only be in the dump so long. Then you turn that page.
Speaker 1: That come back at the end of the fourth quarter. Yeah, no time out. These guys are going right down the field. They used every second of it, every second of it it took. And boy, it's just it's just building the story in the lure of that young Arab with Sam Howe, because he's emotionalless.
Speaker 2: I loved that about Like, at no point is he doing that.
Speaker 4: I don't even think I have seen Sam smile on the sideline even we be up twenty he just be over that just stone face, we're down twenty just I love that that's that thing you want because Jayleen Hurst is the same way. I don't think I ever seen Jaylor Hurst smile. That tells you that it's all about focus with them. And I loved that. And you, like you said, fearless on that laser drivet. Like for a long time we would watch games and one day we were gonna come back, and it was always this iffy feeling.
Speaker 2: I felt like we was never out of the game.
Speaker 4: Like I feel like, if he got thirty seconds, we still have a chance to score. I was saying it, we're about to go into O T and he took us into OT. I think we got something with the same hile character.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you something.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot written about him maybe staying in the pocket too long. Sometimes the old line has a lot to do with Saxon birth.
Speaker 2: And pains immediately though.
Speaker 1: He came out firing the ball quick Yeah, getting rid of the ball quickly and not continue throughout the entire game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's just where's he throwing the ball? Like he throwing passes that only somebody with the arm talent he has can throw that ball into these small wonders hitting Logan Thomas and Logan Thumas just continues to get just beat up.
Speaker 2: And push people down like he just he just he makes the catch it. And Sam is one of the people.
Speaker 4: He's letting them know if you even a crack an inch open, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Try to fit it in there.
Speaker 4: And if players know that, they're more prone to go one hundred miles per hour. And just I think with Terry's attitude, I think with the wire receivers not being devas, you know what I'm saying, demand in the ball, I think that gives him time to grow with trial and error. And I think that's what people are not really understanding. Sam is ahead of the curve. Oh yeah, He's like a ten, twelve, thirteenth and most of the stats in the league right now for him to be played with to be five games, Oh he is.
Speaker 2: He's way ahead of the curve.
Speaker 1: One thing I love to was the balance yesterday. If Slim was Sam wasn't slinging or around. Yeah, b robbed physical.
Speaker 4: A DB's nightmare, like he punishes DB's.
Speaker 2: He literally is that guy that.
Speaker 4: You're tackling him in the first quarter, you almost tackle him in the second. By the third quarter, he's running through these arm tackles. And he's running through these arm tackles, and guess what. By the fourth quarter, defensive backs are making business decisions. They're seeing like, you know, can I should I stick my neck in it? Like he makes you think. And he always fall forward like he might get contacted at the thirty by trying to play over here at the thirty three yard line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's a running back.
Speaker 4: He reminds me of a more powerful Arian Foster. Okay, with the bodybill being able to catch the ball, runs upright, it still gets low pad level when it's time to make contact.
Speaker 3: But you've gone for two there, then, huh, that's a tough one.
Speaker 4: In hindsight, it's easy for us night couch coaching over here.
Speaker 2: It's easy for us to do it. But this is what.
Speaker 4: I'd have been thinking on the road Philadelphia. It's hard to beat them for fourth quarters. We didn't damn Shore, gonna be hard to beat them for five. My guy's tired then gave me all they got.
Speaker 2: I would have been like, I think I need to go for two, like we.
Speaker 4: Gotta end it now, because I just don't think we can beat them in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: I mean in the fifth quarter.
Speaker 4: Now, if we was at FedEx Field, oh yeah, we're going to the five quarter.
Speaker 2: Listen, is how land on their land?
Speaker 4: It's like and then I feel like the offense had the momentum at that time.
Speaker 2: We just went, we just go.
Speaker 4: It's like, it ain't nothing we can't do right now. So I would have just rolled there. But I understand what coach is saying, let's go to the fifth quarter lest let's.
Speaker 2: Made a better team wins.
Speaker 4: But if it was up to coach smooth, coach showtime, if it was up to time, if it was up to coach showtime, I would have been like, you know what, Sam, take us home and I would have gave him a run past option RPO on it and whatever happens happened. But you know, them two yards and cloud of us it's hard to get sometimes, especially with the deepest line stack, Like there, yeah, you know what, I'm going for two right there, I'm gonna get it over with. But then they're gonna throw coach under the bus, say, you know what, coach otime, y'all ain't get to two. Why would you go for two? Why won't you go to overtime? So it's damned if you do, damned if you Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, one thing I thought was interesting watching this game develop is that we always focus on the players in the new scheme EB scheme, but also the coach has to learn what he has throughout the season. Yeah. So I feel like we always focus on the players, and I get that, but also EB is kind of figuring out, all right, here's what I have here now that I have sort of a sample side and we're seeing him adjust.
Speaker 4: Well, think about it, is we ain't giving him the great period of the honeymoon period you come in.
Speaker 2: This office is ahead of schedule.
Speaker 4: Yes, listen, we can look all around the league and see what new core natives and new head coaches and then how those offenses are progression.
Speaker 2: They're not progressing because they gonna.
Speaker 4: Be in a rut for a while until you find out what you just said, who am I go to people in certain circumstances.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about football. It's one of these things where it's all about situational football.
Speaker 4: You want to know who's my best third down person, who gonna get me the first downs? Who is my best red zone target? Who is the guy that I could just throw it out there in the field. He can make two three people miss to identify us. And you can only identify people by going to war with them, meaning we have to do some battles before I know where you at and what you can do and what you cannot do.
Speaker 1: See, that's exactly why I asked you that, because there are some players who and I wonder, I'm sure you've experienced this where yeah, you get to know them their training camp, but some guys are different.
Speaker 2: Their gamers, their game exact.
Speaker 4: Some guys practice so bad you'd be like, how's this dude in the NFL? Then you turn them lights on, and now you understand who this dude is and why he's that dude, and you just say, coach, the enemy's going through trialing error with all of the offensive players, not some of them. Are the only guys that he actually knows is Pringle and whoever else he brought wildly, maybe that he brought from Kansas City with him, but everybody else's trialing error. I'm sure what he learned against Philly is I need to get Terry mclaughin the ball more and more. Listen, and I was just so blown away by the call at the end of the game because Sam put that ball right there where it's supposed to be, and then Terry makes this play and I'm watching the replay and I'm seeing his foot laying on the arm.
Speaker 2: The arm supposed to be part of the field.
Speaker 4: If his foot is on his arm, it's impossible for his foot to be on the white line.
Speaker 3: We were talking about that.
Speaker 4: His foot is still clearly in downs bounds in play.
Speaker 2: Now here go to thing though, jinks what was the call on the field?
Speaker 4: Because if they called it a complete pass on the field, it wasn't gonna be enough evidence to overturn it. But it was college in completely plays on the field, not enough evidenced OVERTURNAI.
Speaker 2: So whatever the first initial car.
Speaker 3: Was, killer, it was the call.
Speaker 2: But that's the one that I felt like, if we get that play within a win this game.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of fans want to talk about the defense. Yeah, we gonna do that. Gotta pay the bills first, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Them, We're gonna do it with Honda. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Field the power of the CRV hybrid and a court hybrid, Hondra's most electrifying vehicles yet find adventure and one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot Trail Sport check it out their most rugged suv ever, or experienced the thrilling performance of the funder Drive Honta cific with an available overcharged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda that is perfect for you. See your local Honda dealer today. And our friends at RTS Cycle Track Systems transforming the way the commercial businesses and communities manage waste and recycling. They combine the power of AI with threemium customer service to optimize waste pickup schedules, ensuring timely and efficient elections to keep our neighborhoods cleaner and greener. Visit RTS dot com to learn more about how they can help your business manage waste more responsibly.
Speaker 4: I tell you, Jinx, you have price is right or maybe something in.
Speaker 2: Your future You're gonna be a talk show host. It's coming for you.
Speaker 1: Jen. Back in the day, many years ago, I was a filling voice for the Texas Lottery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so two or three times a.
Speaker 1: Month I would go in and blindly read the numbers. I'll be in a closet, and they would always say it was live across the state and they would say, listen, the one thing you can't do the boss hates don't stru up the sixers of the nines because you don't want to read a sixteen if it's a nineteen, or you.
Speaker 2: Got to get there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were all over me about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I totally understand if you had your choice of talk shows, would you be more of a family feud guy or dating show guy?
Speaker 5: More of the price is right, glass is right. If you're so dirty now yo, dirty.
Speaker 2: Tod is coming. But I would always want to be that dude, you.
Speaker 4: Know how you have these things you dream about, like, I wish I could do that at least one time. I always want to just sit in the crowd and hear my name, Fred Smooth, come on down, and I just want to get up and just start running on down Bob on the hear Bob, just to being on stuff that I know I'm finna blow it, Like how much you just washing dry seventeen dollars?
Speaker 2: No one, I'm finna blow it.
Speaker 3: I want to go.
Speaker 1: I just I want to bet one dollar, yeah, you know, one dollar, And I want to play pink plinko.
Speaker 3: That's what I want to do. You just want to watch it for all to watch it go all the way down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to spend that wheel.
Speaker 4: Listen, I want to spend that wheel for my grandmama because my grandmama.
Speaker 2: Watched it religiously. Oh yeah, I want to spend that wheel.
Speaker 1: Let's spend the wheel on the commanders and what we want to talk the topic.
Speaker 3: Whill here and we land on the defense.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's start with the D line. Yes, because it feels like I don't want to put words into your mouth. But those guys up front, we know how talented they are. It feels like they've got to do a little bit better job of getting pressure at least containing at the first level.
Speaker 4: They rush independently right now, they rush as independent contractors. When they have to rush as an organism, as one organism, they have to learn how to play off of each other. As good as they are, it takes a little teamwork. See like right now they are in new addition, but Bobby Brown wants out. So they like they're getting along and the performances work, but they know it can be a lot better once they start to play as their organism.
Speaker 2: They like I said, they have.
Speaker 4: The talent to be not the reason we're in games, but the reason we win them.
Speaker 2: I've watched defenses dictate winning.
Speaker 4: I've seen the Ravens defense, I've seen Pittsburgh's defenses of the past. They have that talent, But I think it has to be everything has to be in lockstep, players, coaching, what are we running and just just running fast? So I think they need to shrink the playbook and just do whatever they do great, over and over and over. Because when I watched the Legions Doom, they ran cover three. They was known for cover three. When I watched Pittsburgh they were known for three to four. Then they're gonna run these linebackers at you. Like, once you known for what you do great, then teams have to they have to plan for that. But if you look at our offense, I mean our defense right now, I say, what's our identity?
Speaker 2: What is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: What do we take away automatically? Like some teams, when you talk about Philadelphia, you can't run on them.
Speaker 2: Make you want to mention.
Speaker 4: This, You gotta pass the ball like so with us, it's like, damn, there's a lot of talent over here. But we can run on them sometimes sometimes yeah, yeah, sometime we can pass on them sometimes, Like so we have to get that identity.
Speaker 2: Who are we?
Speaker 4: We are we gonna win trench warfare, Yep, We're gonna be the ones that dictate tempo by the way we rush the passers.
Speaker 2: So it's gotta be something you.
Speaker 1: Made a point earlier with Chad forgotten, which is if you look at the lines, particularly the defensive lines preached him in this game, it's like Georgia versus Bama, the whole era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the whole era.
Speaker 4: We got on Washington side, we got ten years of their best defensive linemen while he was winning national championships, Nick saving Golden years. We got to John Allens, the d rum Pains, the Fabian We got those dudes. Well, Philly tooks the other approach and they went got Georgia's finest right, So what the whole era of Georgia football they have in that defensive line room. They got a dB and Keilo Ringo, and they got Nikobe Dean at the middle linebacker. They got Georgia dudes all over the field. Don't forget about DeAndre Swift, the running back. So at the day, it's Georgia's best against Alabama's best, and I don't think nobody ever says anything about it, like and this thing about it. But we are hybrid where they're mostly Georgia, we're Alabama in Ohio States. Oh yeah, finest with Chase Young, Terry McLain, Curtis Samuel. So it's one of the things where when we go back and we look back five ten years from now, I think we'll see the matchups and why we can play that that type of high level ball.
Speaker 3: Emanuel Forbes.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's my dude. Okay that listen.
Speaker 3: He got blessed.
Speaker 2: Listen, listen.
Speaker 4: When you play that defensive back position, sometimes you get tested to get blessed and it happened, and you can only learn this is one of them jobs you can only learn through trial and error. Almosis. You have to be there in it to do it. What he learned yesterday was I'm faster than this dude, I'm taller than this dude, I'm longer than this dude, but I cannot stop him because sometimes it ain't about speed, it ain't about athletic ability. It's about the mental warfare of the game. He realized yesterday that technique ain't gonna be enough. Talent won't be enough. I have to learn how to individually check all of these dudes. When I played against Pasco Burst, I played basketball, not football. He's six ' six hounds. He's gonna try to jump ball me. I'm out of the mine of football. I'm gonna play basketball too. He literally six 'y four but runs like he's five ten. Yeah, I can't let him touch the ball. I gotta play keep away early. He's gonna have He's gonna learn how to plan against each and every wide receiver. And him and AJ Brown got this history.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that I saw him from AJ Brown. I was like, man, I don't know if I would be doing that. But they go way away back.
Speaker 4: First of all, Stuckville is where Missippi State at Stuckville is where AJ Brown is from.
Speaker 2: He went to Stockville High School.
Speaker 4: He turned his back on us and with the Old Miseries Like him and DJ Metcalf went to Old Miseries. My guy went to Missisippi State and they used to work out in the summer time. So they've been had this rivalry brewing, and AJ just been waiting a bullet the kid since since they've been going there in college.
Speaker 2: So I get I get a veteran. AJ.
Speaker 4: You won the first battle, but you ain't won the war. And this war gonna go on for years with these two. And what he learned yesterday is I got to find a better way to get it done with a guy like AJ Brown, And I cannot let the emotions. I think the emotions got the best of a manual force when you need to channel that emotion. And I'm gonna have to give him a I'm might to give him a class in trash talk. I'm about to show him how to really because with a guy like AJ Brown, he is emotional combustible. I can't make him combust like I couldn't do it with ridg Wayne because it just look at me.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't say nothing like.
Speaker 4: But a guy like AJ Brown, he wants to end ententangle the fight, which he'll bring the fight with you. So these are the things that the MANU were gonna learn. But listen, it's part of being a defensive back. The only defensive back that never gave up a touchdown and never got burned is the one that never plays.
Speaker 1: So were their players offensive players, and you went up against and they got better.
Speaker 3: Like the more they talked Yester, they.
Speaker 4: Got Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, They're more like I'm one of them people. You ever watch me play, I am emotionally connected to the game. You don't have to ask me how my feeling. All you have to do is watch the game. I play with my emotions on my sleeve.
Speaker 2: And players that do.
Speaker 4: That, we are momentum players. Like the one thing I was addicted to. I could not get enough of hearing my name being called because you know what.
Speaker 2: They used to do, smooth, and what I would do.
Speaker 4: You got to realize this is eighty thousand people and you could feel the ground just shaking under your feet. That's and it's just you Fork, It's just you Fork, and that I make a player, and I just want it more and I just want to hear more, and I just want to hear more.
Speaker 2: So you asked me what I missed jinks about football? Just smooth.
Speaker 4: Now when I walk in the kitchen and I'm like scrammling there for breakfast, my kids be like smooth. That's where I get it from. Now. But listen, it's different. So when you get these players that emotionally attach. It's something that makes them goal. It's something that they just and like I said, once they start to get it, they want more and more and more of it. So that's what I used to like to play the run game because when I make a attack in the backfield, they're still doing it like it's just how much are you?
Speaker 2: How much do you love the game?
Speaker 4: And that's why I love with foro is being mad on the sideline tells me he's emotionally attached to the game and.
Speaker 3: He's only gonna get back. And there were a couple of times, I mean he was even there. It was very cool.
Speaker 2: It was darre and thet's just tell you when the day is going bad for.
Speaker 4: You, even when you do all the right things, it still don't work out for you. All of us and had those days. So keep your head up, brother, don't worry about it. It's gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about the NFL. You're mentioned in gambling. Perfect segue.
Speaker 4: Oh pay them bills, Thank you, Jake. That's a perfect segue. First of all, Get Loud Podcast is brought to you by BET six three six five Official Sports being partner of the Washington Commanders. Bet on a range of NFL markets with Bet three six five app. Craft your own personalized bet slip with parlays excess thousands of games with live screaming, play your bet before the match.
Speaker 2: I bet doing the game. It's up to you.
Speaker 4: Download Bet three six five app to join eighty million members worldwide, age twenty one plus only. Must be physically located in Virginia. Gambling problem Call of techs one eight hundred gambler Next bills to be paid. Mw waa. We don't travel to escape life. We travel so life doesn't escape us. We dream of places anywhere in the world, and then in blink of eye, we're there. That's a wonderful flight. All you have to do is decide where to Duleis International Airport. Let your imagination sore, book your adventure today at fly Dullis dot com. Slash NonStop beautiful, try to great job there.
Speaker 3: You know what we learned?
Speaker 1: Yeah on Sunday what we learn don't run off the bills, listen.
Speaker 3: I know Miami was the eight team last week.
Speaker 1: They dropped seventy on a bad bronze go see, and we suddenly just forgot that Buffalo player and has been playing great football for all long.
Speaker 4: That's why, that's why the book Who when they gave us doesn't feel too bad. At the end of the day, we forget sometime you so numb, you know how we was in the Jordan area.
Speaker 2: We just like Jordan gonna win Jordan. Like we got so.
Speaker 4: Numb to great talents. I think we got none to Josh Ally to the point where it was like, Okay, Miami is the new hot salt of the today. But I keep telling people about when it comes to games in the division, I was gonna says, it's brother against brother. Your brother knows every move. Jinks he didn't put you in the headlock.
Speaker 2: You know, you like to weezer your way out of their headlock, and you'd like to pick You like to get him from the back, and you like to stamm them.
Speaker 4: He knows your screents, he knows your weaknesses. And Buffalo showed them y'all at the top. Yet y'all still got to come through us. Like and people don't understand sports is the longest running reality show of all time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight straight wins for the Bills in Buffalo against the Dolphins and I want you to expend a little bit on division games, because before this game took place in Philly and I heard all the Eagles gonna roll the Commanders, I'm like, hey, I was like, this is a division games the NFL.
Speaker 3: YEP, that's easy to say.
Speaker 2: That's not usually how we identify with each other.
Speaker 4: We play each other so much that it doesn't matter who's playing, what the records are, it just doesn't matter. Showed me the playing field. I get a team that's playing at home three points, but that's it. Like think about it is slave knows he doesn't match up well against Terry Mclawin. He's playing them, but guess what, he knows everything about him. Like that offensive line that everybody's scared of in the NFL, John Allen and drum Payin not scared of that offense line. They love playing them. Matter of fact, they say it all the time. They are the measuring stick, let's measure. So it's one of them things where you're so intertwined with each other. And even when we get traded, we usually get traded inside of the division because they have watched you play so much, they know you.
Speaker 2: They don't even need to like scout you.
Speaker 4: They know you so much, so it's more of intimacy, like the sec you ain't gotta.
Speaker 2: Tell me what's going on that old mission.
Speaker 4: I already know, right, I already know everybody recruit, I know everything, and I think that knowledge of each other makes it hard. That's when you do play a foreign team like the Buffalo Bills, the matchup feels odd. Yeah, yeah, so I think that's the difference of it.
Speaker 3: Elsewhere in the f S.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow does not look like himself and I'm sure you saw that sign about that's Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you have less time to get open?
Speaker 1: He was like, I'm always I'm always open, and he goes, I'm always f and open, like always.
Speaker 4: When he gets out of his car in the parking lot, he's open, right, Like when he get out of his CAUs. She be like, throw it to me, I'm open, listen, I don't care. When he let he wake up in the morning, he opened like he one of those guys.
Speaker 2: But something's wrong with Joe. Joe is hurt. He's not and Jamar.
Speaker 4: Chase said it at the beginning of the year, he should not be playing the first five game Now, when your receivers say that about your quarterback, why don't the people in the medical area know, listen to y'all, Like, no, like's they sending him back more and more he plays. They need to sit in sooner than later because this this season is going down to drain right now when it.
Speaker 2: Comes to that.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing about players. You have to protect us from myself.
Speaker 3: Like it's to us that you're always gonna want to play.
Speaker 4: We always gonna want to play, no matter what. If we can limp out there, we can play. Like so, I think the great medical staffs in this league protect us from ourself. And I think that's a whole another level of organizational health.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know it's bad.
Speaker 1: He played the Titans. Derreck Henry has more touchdown passes than you do.
Speaker 4: First of all, King Henry, it's a nightmare, all right. Listen, Just Brandon Jacobs faster Brandon Jacobs. Like I have watched this dude still from I watched the other day. He's still from the linebacker d line and a running back on the same play. I seen the referee come over there. He's still having him. He's still having the coach and the trainer on his way to a touch. That's a big old man, Jenx. Like sometime I think watching on the TV doesn't.
Speaker 2: Do justice for the dudes. These those are huge, man, Listen, they are huge.
Speaker 1: I remember years ago when while I worked in Texas for a long time, and I was covering the Spurs and I was on the court and Shack.
Speaker 3: Walked by because the Lakers in town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you think you know.
Speaker 3: How big they are. You don't, but when you see it, and I remember him walking.
Speaker 1: By and being like, that is the biggest human being, yes ever seen in my life.
Speaker 3: And football players can be the same way.
Speaker 2: They are the same way.
Speaker 4: Darren Gardner, the big d tackle, was so big his hands it took two of my hands to equal one to hell, just how big his hands was.
Speaker 2: And we traded for him min seasoning. He took my house.
Speaker 4: Jinks he took my house. He knocked on the door. We traded for him, and I think it was a Monday. I talked to him in the locker room. I talked to everybody, Jim. I think he took it too friendly.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So then he like, wait he came, no, listen, I go home, I do my after practice. Rich who I'm sitting on the cap. I hear the dopebell ring. I'm like, ain't nobodys to be coming over him?
Speaker 2: Might be the male man?
Speaker 3: What's the male I come to the door.
Speaker 2: It's damn gardener. Huge, got a bag on his shoulder and everything. He don't speak or nothing. He just walks in.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, Okay, what you cooking tonight?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Whatever you want me to cook? So I basically turned to his maid his cook. I'm scaring in my own house. It got to the point that I had to come talk to Marvil Ltis.
Speaker 2: He was my defense.
Speaker 4: Marvin, you got to come get him out of my house.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: I know he just got three sacks. He cannot live with me. I cannot be dictated in this way. All right, got him out of my house.
Speaker 2: But we was cool. But he took my house for like three four weeks.
Speaker 3: That's crazy, Listen.
Speaker 2: I didn't have I just wondered, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: I won't strong enough, jinks, But nothing I can do to get him out of there. Like listen, I wake him up in the morning, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: You want breatherast Yeah, I want brothers. I'm like, I'm in there scrambling there. Whatever you want there, I got you.
Speaker 1: Before we get into bears, commanders, our little food. I let you go off because I have never met anyone who hates pumpkin as much as you. Because it's that time, it's October.
Speaker 3: Look at look at your face.
Speaker 4: I despise it, right, listen, Pumpkin is the most useless vegetable of all time. My mama always told me, don't you play with your food boy? But you then you let me turn around and cut faces into pumpkins.
Speaker 2: All right, now you think about it. We do all that growing, put all their.
Speaker 4: Water into this plant because I'm a big environmentalist. Yeah, only this set it on the porch.
Speaker 2: Doing Thanksgiving, all right.
Speaker 4: We do this when this time of year comes and we just all of a sudden, the pumpkins just lifts it to the forefront. I can't walk into Dunkin Donuts without them sprinkling pumpkins on everything. I can't walk into a seventy leven without them. You want a pumpkin spice Coca colar?
Speaker 2: No, I don't like listen.
Speaker 4: I can't even go to the steakhouse. They're like, yeah, surfing, turfing, do have pumpkin?
Speaker 2: Like, No, you don't listen to me. It's only prevalent for like sixty days.
Speaker 4: Yes, it starts in October and it leads around Christmas where this pumpkin is just idolized and it's just so useless. I have never said, you know what, I'm going to the grocer store anybody needs something back and then somebody be like, yeah, dad, pray some pumpkin.
Speaker 2: I feel like, eat pumpkin tonight.
Speaker 4: It just what what about you? Am I the only one that thinks it's overrated?
Speaker 1: I will have a couple like you know in October, I'll do like a pumpkin spice like that one or two.
Speaker 3: I love pumpkin pie.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: That's a sin. First of sweet potato pie is the only thing you posted.
Speaker 2: Listen, it doesn't shock me that you like pumpkin pie. But I'm saying this.
Speaker 3: You know it's nasty, it's not sweet.
Speaker 2: It's pumpkin pie.
Speaker 3: Okay, can you to preach?
Speaker 4: No? No, no, I just I'm asking tomatoes, yes, vegetable of fruit.
Speaker 3: I think technically fruit?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: They are fruit?
Speaker 4: So does that make ketch up a smoothie?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: I blew your mind right there. I'm trying to listen to me. I understand. So what is a pumpkin? Vegetable fruit?
Speaker 3: It's vegetable, right, I don't know it's a.
Speaker 4: It's a fruit seeds.
Speaker 2: It comes off as.
Speaker 4: A fruit because it has a pie. You don't put vegetables in pies unless you do it with the pumpkin. Okay, So this is what I'm telling you. It's an illusion. God put pumpkin here for us to just look at, and not a hippos. Give it to hippos, hippoles out of the only animal this say, you know what, give me some pump.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 4: They're the only one that's looking for pumpkin. And I'm just I'm just I'm flabbergasted by how people like blow it up this like I'm just blown away, and I just get tired.
Speaker 2: Yeh. Everywhere I go. I can't go to Target, just pumpkins everywhere.
Speaker 4: Everywhere you go to this pumpkins. It don't eed to smell good. Just pumpkins everywhere.
Speaker 2: I hate it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna pay the bills real quick, get you ready for the bears, and we gotta start with my friends at Honda.
Speaker 2: Why not ah who does love Honda.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fee straing this Civ Hybrid and a Cord Hybrid Hondra's most electrifying vehicles yet. Find adventure one of Honda's rugged SUVs and trucks like the Pilot troll Sport, Honda's most.
Speaker 3: Rugged suv ever.
Speaker 1: Or you can experience the thrilling performance of the fun to drive Honda Civic with a turbo charged engine. Get power, performance and ruggedness with Honda. Find the Honda that is perfect for you. It's your local Honda dealer today and see Geek. Yes a seat Geek. It is official. They are now the official ticketing partner of the Commanders. Your finalized thank you, see geeky newest member of the Commander's family. Get used to the name because you're gonna hear a lot this season, and rightfully so, whether you're buying tickets, selling tickets to Commanders games, or any live event in the DMV. Seat Geek is the used to do it, the official ticketing partner of the Commanders of Seat Geek.
Speaker 3: So Commanders fans can fan.
Speaker 4: I think I'm gonna jump in my Hunda. Go get some pumpkin.
Speaker 2: Damn, I think I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 3: You're driving complete opposite direction.
Speaker 4: Listen, Listen, have you ever played in a pumpkin patch?
Speaker 2: I have not, me neither. Listen. I would throw up if I see the pumpkin patch.
Speaker 4: Like that is how I feel about pumpk because I'm just totally against the vegetable or fruit, whatever you want to call it, totally against.
Speaker 5: You're gonna makee me go do some research now from the vegetables, like why is pumpkin even?
Speaker 3: Why is it the thing?
Speaker 2: Why is the thing? I don't.
Speaker 4: I think it got to the point in the early like eighteen hundred, they were like, you know what, we gotta find something.
Speaker 2: To do with this pumpkin because it's just's nasty.
Speaker 4: Like, by the way, honey, make me some pumpkin in the backyard.
Speaker 2: No, they had to find.
Speaker 4: Something to do. So they say, we're gonna cut faces in it in Halloween.
Speaker 2: That's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 4: We're gonna cut faces in it and Halloween and then for Thanksgiving thirty days later, we're gonna set it on the porch. We're gonna set it on like food that you really want.
Speaker 2: You're not sitting round.
Speaker 3: The board, right, you don't set food outside.
Speaker 4: You just don't do it if you really like it.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh, you're actually selling me on that's a good set.
Speaker 2: I say.
Speaker 1: You can't sell the Chicago Bears to anybody. See what they've lost fourteenth straight going back to last year.
Speaker 4: Listen, they've seen they can't get the coaching right like ebra Flews.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a great name, by the way, but I'm sorry, it's not working. And anytime you.
Speaker 4: See great players, good players regress, it's usually because of coaching. Justin Fields does not look like himself, not the guy that we saw last year. And they are they to be fair, they in the rebuilding. You know, they're in the rebuilding. When you rebuild, you gotta tear the house down till the studs billy back up.
Speaker 2: But it just doesn't look good.
Speaker 4: The only people that's pretty much I thought this how we thought the Arizona Cardinal was gonna be. But it's the Bears and the Broncos looking terrible right now.
Speaker 1: So you always hear this, but there's definitely something to it where sometimes even if guys ought to good coach or maybe he is, but athletes, guys in locker room need to hear a different voice.
Speaker 3: Yes, the message needed to be different.
Speaker 2: The same message. It's just like we're kids.
Speaker 4: You just put it in their head, don't do this, don't do this, little Willie, don't do this. But then somebody, a coach or something, tell them, you know what, you shouldn't do that with Willie. Then a light bulb goes. It was the different voice. They tied a repetitive voice. They just tied of hearing anything from you. It's just the new voice in the new standard. And that's what coaches do.
Speaker 2: They set a standard, and then we moved from that.
Speaker 3: We grow from that Thursday night football.
Speaker 1: What do you want to see from this Commander's team that you maybe didn't see or you want to see more of.
Speaker 4: I want to see them finish because we did not finish that philodethic game. I want to see them beat the team they should beat. They should beat Chicago. Yes, I want to see them go out there and treat Chicago like they are like it don't need to be this tight game, this blow for blow like we we seen it. Only play Chicago on Thursday nights because we played them last year on a Thursday night.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: So, but I know how Thursday night can affect you just play the game and in seventy two hours you're finna play another one. So not only do you gotta flush the mental part out of the last game, you got to intake all of this game plan for the Bears. The great part about Thursday night, you got Friday, Saturday, Sun, you got a long weekend. So you know you want to go to that long weekend with a victory. But I want to see them cross their teams and dot they eyes. I want to see them get better every game and so far this year, win, lose, a draw, better every game.
Speaker 1: This is the chance to get right now. You have that long week after this, but before that short rep time. How difficult is that physically you just got finished playing the game.
Speaker 4: It hurts, Like that's why the coach is more about letting the guys have time off. Like if you're a player right now, all you're thinking about is rehab, rehab, rehab. I want to get my body back. My mind gonna be there, We'll my body be there on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Because we see a lot of bad Thursday night.
Speaker 4: Football games now because of coaching, because of the guys. How does not fully back get and It will test the depth on your team. Right now, you get to see from roster spot one to fifty three, how good are you? That's what Thursday Night challenge from all the coaches under.
Speaker 1: The lights on Thursday Commanders and the Bears. That's my guy, Fred Smoot.
Speaker 2: And he hates Pumpkin, I hate Punkin.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to get my podcast, there's a lot more where that came from. Command Center comes your Way twice a week, Next Man Up comes your Way once a week, and then we have Players Club each and every Saturday. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.