Speaker 1: On today's episode The Command Center Podcast, we talked Emmy nominated Santana Moss, Gret and we got rookie minute camp Ota first days in the book. What are our impressions? We give you the full rundown. We talked schedule released preview, what is the best matchup for prime time? Make sure you stay tuned to find out. And we got the mail Man segment. Fans, you submitted your segments, we're talking about them, and it all starts right out now. Welcome to The Command Center Podcast. I'm Logan Paul City with Fred Smooth and Santana Moss and guys, we got a great show for you today, right first off, let's start for things. First, our guy, the Man, the myth Legend, Santana Moss up for an Emmy for Players Club the b Rob episode. That's pretty exciting, man.
Speaker 2: That's dope.
Speaker 1: Yeh, dope.
Speaker 2: We probably won't win, but you know it's good to be up for one. It's my second time being up for one.
Speaker 3: Really show a couple of tab that should get a creaty. I'm just saying, elks, we'll.
Speaker 2: Get two percent.
Speaker 1: Spend a pretty cool episode though, to get your friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean and then you got to think about it. It's just not me on the show. You got the great Nonhing Fletcher on the show. You know, he's the guy hosting the thing. So I mean no, but don't get me wrong. I'm you know, it's it's a privilege to be you know. I guess you can say, you know, for someone to say, hey, you know that show is good enough to be up for one. And and like I said, this is my second time. I had my own show with NBC called Roud Dady nine. Yeah, I think I had. If it was ov or h or the picture from the Scratsburg No, the other one. What his name was Sweltster Scratsburg, No, not Swazburg.
Speaker 3: He had there you go, thank you, you.
Speaker 1: Can go. Jas in the the CTO having a hard time.
Speaker 2: At the same time. Yeah, So that's some second time, you know. And like I said before, just being up for one.
Speaker 4: Special, I think we might get put up for one one day for Tresway's show.
Speaker 3: We did when he were saying that he's gonna get his numb up.
Speaker 2: Those that might get us one that might that might make us win it. Tresh would have run out home for us. I went home and cried myself like I had just got my number two.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah. If you haven't seen that episode, it was on the last episode of The Command Center, so it makes you check that out. And then Tandy, you've got the shirt on, let's show that shirt off. Yeah yeah yeah. So last episode we talked about that hawk outside at gmail dot com. I was instructed to say it very clearly this time people to understand it that hawk outside at gmail dot com. And if you still don't understand me, it's in the description link. And so basically, we're gonna randomly select twenty winners for a free shirt, and five random lucky winners will get a shirt signed by all of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I probably devalue that shirt, but that's okay. And then intern out with your email. Oh so intern out email and include your size and shipping address and name. Right. We're not doing multiple things here, right, just a guy Jason and interned Caroline have to go through all those emails, so let's make it easy for him. And just to be clear, it's not that shirt, right.
Speaker 3: Jason, we got another shirt that says.
Speaker 1: That hawk outside. Yeah, and that's what you'll be getting. Yeah, So Jason got something.
Speaker 2: This is pretty neat though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that shirt a lot.
Speaker 5: Actually, yeah, that's a really good shirt. We'll give those away at life if you like come out the training camp, we'll have some of those shirts has But yeah, the one for us is going to be like the gold Like what the same gold you have that right now? He'll say that awk outside and will have the the floating heads there if you guys, okay, that's what'll go okay, And so it's soft he just the just sent us some sample materials today.
Speaker 2: Can ask Ryan the would it be like a drop bit material?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the howk out side is south it's a soft hat. It's a self hop do it man and the hawks.
Speaker 1: Out with and so obviously that's who we're giving away merch. Yeah, but also please leave show ideas and we have a secret at the end of the day. Yeah, that someone left an email. We're gonna talk about his show idea and we need more ideas. We're anywhere at the time of year. What's it call front the male man mail man?
Speaker 3: You remember where like people used to deliver milk to your front door. I guess you don't.
Speaker 1: I don't did that happened for you? You're not that old.
Speaker 2: The Cusp, Well he was in Mississippi too.
Speaker 4: They were jumping off the whole cown your front show, so they don't have to come back.
Speaker 2: They were still living like the thirties over in Missippi.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the milk man and the male Man. You had a relationship with these people. So guess what we calling that thing?
Speaker 3: The male Man? Could we go on to deliver? We're going to deliver.
Speaker 2: I hate to say my first time ever in Mississippi. It was the year after the Katrina Hurricane Katrina.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good friend of mine, James Crawford. He's big in the real estate game, and he know I was trying to get into it. So you're like, tell him, come take a trip with me to New Orleans. I want to show you some of this new properties and properties that I'm you know, you know, looking to try to purchase or whatever. We in New Orleans seeing all this stuff. It was a disaster. Man. He's from Mississippi. He drives over the Mississippi. It's hot. He said, let's go get some ice cream. Oh I heard this story, and he said, and so you know, we pull up, I'm from Miami. I'd rather go to the window than go inside because it's it's easier. He said, non ten, I'm walking, I'm going inside this. I'm like, we can go to the windies and we go inside. And I didn't know why he was urgent about going inside or so eager to go inside.
Speaker 3: Come out?
Speaker 2: He sayd bro, they just allowed us to eat inside us as what as in African Americans?
Speaker 1: What year with this is treating?
Speaker 2: This is two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: I just was vorice.
Speaker 2: I had to break it up because it was I had to bring it up because's Mississippi. And I'm like a little I'm like, damn, Fred, like this is how y'all lived the.
Speaker 4: Capital city in Jackson prom for this from the country, Like.
Speaker 2: They blew my mind because you know, I grew up in Miami, so I never heard none of that.
Speaker 3: I hear the stories. I was like wow, wow.
Speaker 2: He was like, he's like, it's some Jackson. It's must I go.
Speaker 1: And that's how Jackson is.
Speaker 3: No, Jay Jackson ain't like that people right, you know what, it's the New York. He's been here. And then people like, yeah, where you from in time? I say Mississippi.
Speaker 4: Everybody faces smoothed that like some stank like we ain't gotten.
Speaker 1: Nothing off after that story.
Speaker 3: My face, like, this is America is everywhere. It ain't just there. Just let's be But it seems.
Speaker 1: Good people and absolutely.
Speaker 2: Unant saying it's something bad or cruel people. We were just saying just the crazy that those times are still existing at that time.
Speaker 4: When I say Mississippi, the people they some stink like somebody thought it or something like, no, man, it ain't like that. You say California, people like yell by Golly, I want to go to California.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I mean it's so that started to change a little bit now too. But that's a conversation for a different show. But in the meantime, so we got a who bunch of people around the building. Today is the first day of O T A. S. We're gonna talk about that in a second. But there was a man here, Fred who recognized you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was a scout from the Cincinnati Bengals when me and Tanner came out in.
Speaker 1: The draft and so Fred, you know, we've had a lot of contentious conversations Tanne.
Speaker 2: That was a flowing wall out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was, dude, It was so funny. So Fred's like, dude, the scout that was at my prodas out there, he remembers that I ran a four to three and I was like, I don't know, man, he's like an older guy. He's been one thousand.
Speaker 3: He looked like he's about eight, be honest, but.
Speaker 1: He's been one thousand pro days. Like, no way, he remembers yours. I know. He's like, he remember my bench press story, which is a great story, by the way. And so we walk out there. Fred introduces me. The guy doesn't know who I am, and he says, oh, Fred's so great. I love Fred. Everybody says that because Fred's awesome. And then then I say, sir, do you remember what what he ran at this protein? Do you remember the forty?
Speaker 3: Just start glowing because Fred.
Speaker 1: Is a big advocate Tanna as you know that he ran a fast time like you did. And so we did some research. We asked multiple scouting departments around the NFL. They said a four four seven, right? Was that the time he was wrong?
Speaker 5: Okay for four four eight This is what it says online, but but we it has been contry. Yeah, and again that four four seven spot at the pro DA.
Speaker 1: You know the stop watch. Everyone's got a different stop watch for some people probably had him a four four.
Speaker 5: Two, but it's in that general area.
Speaker 1: And so the guy goes, you know what, I I don't really remember, but I think I think it was a four five almost.
Speaker 3: You gott you probably fe know.
Speaker 4: He he pulled a piccolo out of his pocket, like he just erupted right there.
Speaker 3: I like, no, it wasn't a four five.
Speaker 1: It's good, sir, sir, it was a four four. He's like, I'll give you a four four. I don't really remember, but I just was time.
Speaker 4: But I was shock he remembered the run Zock story was when he told it, like you like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you remember the name. Yeah, maybe his memory is better than we thought. Maybe it was a four five.
Speaker 3: No, he's rying.
Speaker 4: He was like, yeah, comes look toe for it. That one bis prison might hurt you. It wins zook Toe now like, hey, you eater, gonna play with me again.
Speaker 1: That's where I was, dude, the courage that must have took it taken to say that. I mean, you're you just say all crazy stuff. But like I would have been like, oh gosh, I should try it again.
Speaker 2: That's him. I know that guy was uncut and if.
Speaker 4: You don't believe in yourself, y'all can't expect from no other coach to believe in.
Speaker 1: I mean, you have plenty of belief. You have like you radiate beliefs.
Speaker 3: That's what you got to do in this world that we only hit for a speck.
Speaker 1: I know. Be confident in yourself.
Speaker 3: Start beat fire.
Speaker 1: Think you can beat me in basketball?
Speaker 4: Think you oh, I can beat you in basketball. Now I'm in better shape. Look at me, abbed up, bro, you just told my name is Ebraham Lincoln. You couldn't play with me right now. I've been riding bikes.
Speaker 2: This is I've been training like Rocky.
Speaker 1: So we're good friends, you know. So Fred and I were walking out of get lunch together and he's got a little limp to him. I said, And I said, Fred, will happen to you? He said, All I slept weird.
Speaker 4: I woke up this morning, got out the bed out fail. I like, man, you know what you know?
Speaker 3: You all you don't have to do nothing.
Speaker 1: Even though you're abbed up. Man, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Man, you know what forty five is? Forty five? This is what open and you.
Speaker 1: Look great though. I'll tell you that I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: That's the nicest thing you need to say it.
Speaker 1: You know, I got to be nice to every once in a while because the fans will just come from my head. Yeah all right, so let's talk about stuff that people really care about. So we've did a what do they call that a live stream, Jason, a live stream of practice, but a live stream of Rookie Mini camp. Practice was not included in seven seven on seven, but we get to stay out there and watch. And so basically I want to review Rookie Mini Camp and then also our first day Vota practice, which we got to be out there for and review. So let's start with the Rookie Mini Camp. And I think the first thing that everyone's been talking about is the energy, and I want to get your guys thoughts on it because like when we were we were on air, you can see this live. Go go go back and watch the thing. Their reactions to it, I'm talking Fred and Santana, they were like when they did this energy drill, this bag drill, this compete drill, you guys. I was like, I was shit, But Fred looked like, you want to go practice?
Speaker 3: No, I've wanted to.
Speaker 4: I was like It put belief in me you can still do this, Like that's how much fire. You gotta realize. This universe is created with energy. The Sun radiates energy, like we all tracked to energy. And what I felt out there was a no, a super noble energy.
Speaker 3: Your daddy, he stoked. I did that for.
Speaker 4: Mister Paulson because I'm come to tell you why the passing, Because he let me know that Logan is the dumbest pause. So I really loved that. Everybody in his family is like like scientists and everything that Logan just stands up.
Speaker 3: Hey, I played for the little table man. You gotta do like I can. I can see your daddy standing up at the family and.
Speaker 4: You're like, yeah, I love all my kids. Some shame of this athlete told a job, it's a job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so tell her what you think.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I was shocked because I just wasn't expecting it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: But when you look back at you know some of the things that's glaring about, you know, Dan and his defenses, just it proved that point, like this is the kind of energy that he brings into you know, those groups and now he's the head coach and that's what he wanted to see from everybody. So, you know, the last time I saw that was when I went I remember when RG three got here. We went to Baylor and worked out with him, and I remember how they opened up the shed and everybody ran in there, and I was like, you know, removed from from from college football for how long now, I was probably like twelve years removed. I'm like, man, I wasn't ready for this, and I see that, and then you got to think about it. This game has gotten younger. You know, it's not a lot of not a lot of old heads here no more. So they getting those same guys that was you know, I guess you could say that some of the at the top of that game in college. There now the guys that you you know, depending on to be the top of the game here in the league. And they're giving them some of the same stuff that they pretty much brought them up in. Like we didn't do that at University of Miami, but I saw a lot of other college you know, college So it's great to see it. And I'm like, I said, if that going to kind of bring that kind of intensity every every week the start of the practice, I can just imagine how they're going to play.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, I think sometimes it's it's helpful because we did a similar drill when I was in Atlanta, and then there's been other places like in college and stuff. For you do it. It kind of gets you, gets you like lythed ready.
Speaker 4: Especially when guys don't feel like you know, like it's easy for the first day, but when we forty days in, everybody don't feel like practicing.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I was one of them people. I love practice.
Speaker 4: I come out there yelling and hollering I ain't I ain't even stretched while everybody was scritching. I used to go around and talk to players like no I did, like I listen.
Speaker 3: All I know when I'm watching Animal.
Speaker 4: Planet, that cheatah, don't scratch when it that cheat of see see a rabbit, Go get rabbit.
Speaker 3: All I'm saying. And that's where I was.
Speaker 4: So I was in so I was. I mean, I could say that. That's why I have no regrets. I enjoyed every day playing in this game, and practice was just important to me as a game I call practice a game with no crowd. Other than that, I had the same amount of fun.
Speaker 3: I brought the same amount of energy and Greg, you just don't that practice is.
Speaker 1: Off like yeah, yeah, I know it's a tradition, like there's I know this might seem novel, but there are a lot of coaches that I've played with like that's the thing they do. Yeah, you gotta get your going.
Speaker 2: Something that's I was gonna add to it. Just you have guys that kind of go get you know, picked up as the practice go on, Like you know, they come out there a little like I'm trying to get myself warmed up. Now if I'm already to the understanding of like this is what we got to do. Yeah, I'm gonna get out there a little earlier. You know, I was one of those guys I went to practice before practice starting. I'm gonna get when you saw the defense, I'm gonna get my hurdles in. I'm gonna do all my stretches and stuff. So when they say they blow that wissu, I'm ready to go. So now you see that being displayed. You know those guys who come out there and say they allow practice to get them going, they're gonna come out there with with that mentality like hey, I gotta get going before practice start because they're gonna expect me to run through these bags like this. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, So let's talk I mean, obviously let's talk about the rookie practice first. Anybody that anybody or anything that stuck out to you kind of besides the energy, like, let's talk players here mostly.
Speaker 2: Say McGee, you talk about them just looking at the dude. I mean, ain't I ain't talking about no no, no place the dude body getting off the bus, no diddy, but his body, Bro alone, like he just put together in a certain way, and it's just not even that, Bro. You know, we haven't we talked so much about these linebackers coming into this him and haven't mentioned him. And he's one of the guys that's going to be behind one of the guys. Yeah, Bobby yellowjacket, right, you call him? So just imagine, Bro, I mean, like that's to me, that's a major plus just seeing those guys how quickly we transformed that cord. That group of men has now been the thing that we talked about the most. We've been talking the last four or five years, that when we're gonna get some linebackers in here, and not to say that Jamie hasn't been doing his thing for at least three of those years, because we I think he's about what this is third year, so this is fourth year, so at least three of those years. But just to see the added guys and then you have a guy, a young guy like that that's just man you put together and then now you see today you're running all over the field. I'm just excited man to see what he gonna bring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he moves well. Man was really well.
Speaker 4: I think Ben Snat does it me Like I knew he was a size guy. I knew he was I could play multiple positions guy. But to see him run, like sometimes watching you run in college is different than what you run on the field with other pros.
Speaker 3: So watching him run on.
Speaker 4: The field today really made me feel good, like I already felt good to bat him. It made me feel better about him, especially seeing him right next to Ertz is the agent guy that shot me today that he's still running like he running.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ran great routes today. So seeing him beside.
Speaker 4: Him and seeing him, you know, when I'm looking at being is not I'm knowing, I'm looking at the rough draft and I know I'm looking at the finished product of zach Ertz, but knowing where this guy finished start at. I think he could be that level of guy, you know, with a lot of detail.
Speaker 1: No, absolutely, And it got for me is Dominice Hampton kind of that Yeah, because again, like he just fits this kind of big body, big body, long arms run. Yeah, and again like that kind of dime linebacker spot that they use all the time in Dallas, Like it just feels like he's ready made for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think that's someone to keep an eye. But I think the guy that kind of stood out to me or was maybe the most impressive was James jen.
Speaker 2: I didn't even want to mention him because that's the obvious, but.
Speaker 1: He's He's the guy that really stuck out and just what stuck out about him and you know, anything like your first impression.
Speaker 2: Man, Look, I'm a guy receiver. I'm watching quarterbacks. I'm watching everything that it is, from the wine up to the feetwork, you know, to his footwork, to you know, how he deciphered things, you know, how quick And the thing that stood out the most is just the effortless yeah ball like snapping it, just snapping out his hand. It's just snapping and like you don't see a wind up, you better see it. The ball is coming at you, you know. And I watched a couple of those first three four plays when he had he I think he threw to McCaffrey three out of those four times. Yes, and it was dying. I mean, I mean, don't get me wrong. It wasn't like they was going that far. But it was just on the money. It was right here and that where I want to see the ball that I want it right here. I don't want it too hot, on too far behind me. And McCaffrey's strong hands just snatching it. I mean that that's something you know, that's it's early. So of course he's probably not you know, tired, arm is fresh, you know what I mean. But it's so much to be on you, and it's it's not like things out there going fast for me and not like I said, that's it's early. As Mini camp, he seemed like a guy that's reserved. He seemed like a guy that I mean from Washington, too high Washington. Watching his interviews, he says the right things. He's not letting you trap him. I saw trying to trap him a couple of times seven people.
Speaker 4: That tried to trap him already, you can't really answer it that story and something you know, like if I asked you a question like you know what, Logan, I know you and Cooley? Which teammates did you like?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Like now that's a trapped question, like yeah, I like him. But if I say anything else, start a grace fi Like so he's been trapped like that a couple of times. I think, what really does it for me? With him control of these many huddles that had I like to see a presence in that. And the first day we saw the Rookers practice, I saw him correcting receivers the first Like that's telling me he already knows most of the playbook. Like that's telling me he took it upon himself. Man, Yeah, it took it to pun himself to say, you know what, I'm gonna get so fired to this pray book that I can help the people that came in with me.
Speaker 2: You know, I had a son and this is something I live by, you know, And it's not something that you say you are, It's just something that you know over time. I know him because people have told me. But at the same time, I understand it enough. But I had a saying that I always said, the humble man come out on top. And when I say humble, like when you have a guy that's a star, he's a star. Yeah, I mean you can from how he plays the game and all the recognition he's getting. But every time you interview or heard an interview from the guys that he played with, they talked about how personal he was to them, how they love being around him. Already you heard, you know, not you know or send it saying that, hey, man, I just love being around I just love hearing stuff that he's talking about. So he's a humble young man. He knows that at the end of the day. Yet I got here because of some of these guys right here. These guys are gonna be using to get me even higher, you know, when it comes to this profession. So I can already see the humble guy in them, and that's why he's where he's at. But that's what gets other guys to follow behind you. And you the quarterback, you're the head and unless you want us to if you want us to move the way you want us to move, that's the way to do it. You get up them close and you let us know you know who you are. And I've seen that already just watching them for a couple of days.
Speaker 4: And I also think at the end of the day when I go back to it, the trestaway jersey thing. When he got on the podium after we had announced, of course that he getting the number five, he said, Man, I'm just thinking Tress for letting me borrow the jersey. He didn't feel like it was old to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 4: Feel like, hey, I'm the number one, I'm the number two. Pick I she may have any number. No, he was like, man, I appreciate him, this dude to the probe in this jersey.
Speaker 1: He did it.
Speaker 4: I think you for letting me borrow. He didn't say, he like.
Speaker 1: It's acknowledging tresses like legacy, and that's exactly right. Yeah, yeah, man, I think to your point, like the footwork was, I was super impressed with the footwork, like that was something they just jumped out immediately. And the thing about the footwork that's so important is that lets you get to everything else. And yes, so if I'm you know, working my five step drop, I can accelerate deceller at my feet I can take a quick hitch, get to the check down. All that stuff was there, the ball placement, the mastery of the play. I mean it was crazy watching that that. You know, that first rookie day of practice, there wasn't one ball on the ground, Like guys were on the same page. They knew what they were doing. And for rookies to come in and execute that way like usually when you watch the rookie MUNI can't see it looks like a garbage fire. It does just because they don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: They don't know each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly right, and so for it to be that smooth, I thought it was really impressive. But you know, like Tanny you mentioned this, like Luke McCaffrey has been going out to l A, I think to train with Jayden, you know, like they're throwing it together like they're they're practicing together already, so they're learning each other. And I think, again, that's that's great leadership and great initiative by our guy Luke McCaffrey. So another thing that took out to me is when you're watching individuals like I cannot get over our guy Cliff Kingsbury man like he is.
Speaker 3: All over the place.
Speaker 1: He is juice.
Speaker 4: And I think it's because I didn't heard coaches say this. When they start to become a head coach and they have to like take care of all the kids, they lose a joy that they had of coaching. And you could tell he he is really enjoyed not happen to be the sheriff. He's happy to say, I'm Finn Mold this quarterback and this offense to my wheel. And I think he's enjoying. I just get to get up every day and coach. I don't have to be a politician. I don't have to go to this function. I don't have to go to dysfunction. I don't have to do any of this. I could just coach football.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love the energy. I love just seeing him out there. You know, it already seemed like they had and they kind of understand each And then if you think about it, man, even even with being the guy that he was in Arizona, you know, basically fathering all those guys, you know what I mean, being the head man. Think about coler success his first year, you know, Rookie of the year type of success. So you can only just hope that we can get that same kind of production out of I got knowing that now he has Kingsbury in his office every day all day, you know what I mean, he can pick his brains, he can stay come in early, stay late, just make sure that he give him everything he got so he can go out there and be very productive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's you know, today was the Rota one. I thought was also interesting to kind of see how much offense they have in Yeah, they had a lot of stuff in.
Speaker 2: It early too. Man, I ain't never remember doing Ota this early minute.
Speaker 1: They getting Nextrarot because of the head coach.
Speaker 3: You can't coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're a little head, a little head of schedule. But you know there's a ton of hand signals, a ton of like kind of muddle huddles, like they can move fast. They did some two minutes today. Like what was your impression Today's I mean it was just sharp and fast on the.
Speaker 4: Way by the by the double selling mont set, I was really talking about that real quick.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Well, usually when we do sell them on seven, let's just say it's a it's a thirty five play for they play selling on seven. The starter is gonna get so many plays the second team gonna get played, and the wrist of it is diving it up with whoever else on the roster. And that's the way that usually a guy that's trying to make the roster on to get what two or three plays and the most when you separated and you got the first team and second team over here, in the first team and second team over there, now it's like twenty twenty five rep for everybody. Now as a coach, I get to really watch players and get to really judge who can make this roster. Not so I think it's a great thing that they split the sealm on sell them up, because now everybody get repped out, rep out, the rep out, the rep out the rep and it's helping them decipher who's gonna make this team.
Speaker 1: And uh, Fred, did you make anything in ten or two? Did you make anything of how they had kind of the who was in the first defensive group, who was in the first offensive group? Did I?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: I think that's just the starting point. By far, this ain't gonna be the head.
Speaker 1: Just see up some context, Like Michael Davis was kind of.
Speaker 4: Chisel vet been here, done that, played in a similar defense as that doesn't shock me, sat But also Michael Davis moving Saint Juice to the right corner. I thought they kind of told me some because Saint Jus is primarily a left then also coming in on the second group as a manual. But he's behind Michael Davis at the left corner, right, So that's telling me, all right, they got some going over there.
Speaker 3: We're going to make you earn this. We could easily give it to you, but.
Speaker 4: We're gonna make you earn this thought all right, everybody think, hey, they drafted Mike Sinat, I mean might Santa Steel to beat the nickel. He didn't play right a rep with the first team. He was over there with the younger guy, so I think they telling him, also with Kelly Blue and the rest of the guy, you're gonna have to earn this position.
Speaker 3: We want to give it to you, but you're gonna have to earn it.
Speaker 4: So I love it because right now all coaches around the league is playing Jedi mind tricks with at least ten players on their team.
Speaker 2: And then you got to get a feel for you know, you know where you want guys to line up, you know, and j I think because when I watched the wide receivers, I saw Diami out there, you know, with the they had three receivers in the game. They had Terry outside, the Yamy outside, and they had you know, Dotson inside, and we was talking about, you know, McCaffrey being in the line right behind Terry. So we was like, hey, we was thinking the whole time he would be he'll be for show a slot guy and had crowd, you know, Jameson going to you know, he was in the slot full time. So it's just one of those things. Get in the field, you know what I mean. These are the guys that pretty much are veterans. We're going to run the reps that we have because I'm pretty sure they're going to be able to go out there full speed and then while we're watching, you know, you never know, things might change. But all those guys, when you have that opportunity, like I'm speaking for offensive guys as a receiver, if I'm Terry, because I was Terry for a long time here, you're not worried about where they put you at because you can know you can, you can, you can make something happen. But those other guys be mindful that Hey, you here, But if you feel like you can contribute to the other positions, if it's not too much for you know, what's going on, Because if somebody down or somebody's not wanting to get in there because they a little winded, I would jump right in and show that I have that, you know capacity.
Speaker 4: Did you feel like watching the first team safeties with Jeremy Chen in there.
Speaker 3: And and Kwan no default.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's still getting healthy.
Speaker 3: Then he was out that practice.
Speaker 2: I know he's back, but I'm just saying that, you know.
Speaker 1: I just think it shows, you know, like one of the things they talked to when they came in is just how impressed they were with Kwan. And I think you see that, and Kwan's moving well, and I think Jeremy Chin like his experiences background and again this is so early. Yeah, but you know, like Jordan McGee's working in with with the with Warner and Louvu, he's a he had run.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm not even just keep saying it, but man, dude, put together. I'm talking about you, straight up action figure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And when you look at his numbers, it's like he's he's sixty three. There's like two thirties.
Speaker 4: Thirty, like, but he wearing that damn. I know that he's like at nineteen's ninety wrestling. I know he he's like the ultimate war.
Speaker 2: Where I looked at his arms and I'm like, do you have do you have some kind of wristbands making his own? That's just him, five of them.
Speaker 1: But he can run a little bit. He's got good coverage instincts like that's gonna be really exciting. But yeah, again, like the that that kind of seeing that first rotation, I think shows you kind of some stuff that they're as the staff got to be working through through ot as. The offense thing was interesting. A guy that I think stood out to me, you know, I think he's going to stay out for the rest of camp. I'm sure is Luke McCaffrey. Like he is excellent.
Speaker 2: He went routes man, he went and got I told you his dad's son. Man, come on, Like, I mean, I didn't expect nothing other then you know, I mean ed mcat a quarterback that's playing receive a nine time out of the team. They know the book, they know how to get to the route, they know where they want to be at when the ball is you know, I mean, you got to think about a quarterback, so he know, lifer the football line, doing his thing for so long, been in locker room all his life.
Speaker 1: And then I think that, but those players were great. You kind of post stretch up over the top of.
Speaker 2: That, and it was a really nice to go get.
Speaker 1: It was to say, it's really nice play because the ball was slightly overthrown and he kind of he does this thing which I love. Really good receivers can do. It is they dig, they stay relaxed, and they can kind of find that extra gear track and adjust the ball. And he did a great job of that. But the most impressive play for me today was something that informed his character. So Oz caught the ball, you know, Kis caught the BA underneath. He was on the far side of the field and literally you would have thought this guy was running forty yard dash, sprinted all the way across the formation, made him and ripped across the safety's face to get the touchdown block. Yeah, and I just thought there's a guy, you said, Fred, I was like, man, that guy is every second he's on the field is full pedals of the guests.
Speaker 3: Once you hit the grays, we are running.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And walk.
Speaker 2: That showed you the character they trying to bring into this room, you know, and bring it to this team. They want guys that's gonna hustle. They want guys because you're thinking about it. And when you watch those San Fran players out there, they weren't just catching the ball and getting yards. They was getting yacked because of the contributions of the other guys out there blocking down field for him. So you know, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it was also great to see Zach out there. Zach Hurts made a couple of nice catches, made a nice catch in two minutes and then.
Speaker 4: And anybody that think he was a broke down truck when we signed him, No, he looks healthy.
Speaker 1: He looks healthy and he's got that and it's it's hard to explain because you know, Zach, I don't think he ran a fast forty eight at the comment. It was like a four to seven eight something like that. He understands leverages, he understands angles, he understands how to double stick to break leverages, and he just does a really nice job of consistently doing He.
Speaker 4: Uses your leg leverage against you once he identifies what covered you in he knows the dead spot. And if he understand that you and man, he gonna put you in the trail position. He can put you in a trail position and slow up and miss you up. Like the great tight Ends don't need to run for four forties. They don't They need to know how to maneuver, and they don't need to have to manipulate coverages to what.
Speaker 1: They're going to do.
Speaker 2: Just find a sweet spot, tight ends all for all of us I play football. Man, he's just been great at find a sweet spots. Cooley could have run and save his life. But Cooley was always over to you know what I'm saying, Always tell you.
Speaker 4: Who gave me us head every year? He couldn't outrun a grandma in the mall. Jason Will Jason Winn stayed open. I don't think I ever seen him coming.
Speaker 3: I guess what.
Speaker 4: Jason Wind cannot run all right, So that what made him that when he got into the end of his career, you didn't know if he was slowing down or not because he was never fana No.
Speaker 1: I think that's and he just the guy that understood the kind of same stuff good good and out of his breaks, leverage his angle stems. Awesome job. And then our guy Emmanuel Forbes had a couple of nice pvus today with the second group and saw some man.
Speaker 2: I saw that that pick by who got to pick fifty seven? Whitman. Yeah, Pittman caught a nice ball. He had a nice one. They was flying around. Man, it's great to the city's guts. I mean the energy you can outdate out the gate. That's different. Yeah, you know you can see that.
Speaker 3: Ones out the twos running on and off the field. You can tell the difference.
Speaker 1: And I just love like you talked about We talked about Cliff, but like Joe Whitt like he's in there, he's standing right behind the office and he's like he's like almost like speaking in tongues. He's like, hey, keep that leverage, you know, keep that leverage. We just think, hey, what is it? Two by two? Three by one?
Speaker 3: Help we both to hit that ball? Yeah, we both got that.
Speaker 1: He is juiced up, man, He's he's got a standard that he's trying to abide by as well. And you know McGee had this tackle on the fight. He's like, leverage tackle, leverage tackle inside it. But he's like there we go, you know, what I mean, He's.
Speaker 3: Got him walking out the hood. Oh no, back in a little back like, yeah, I love that smile thing.
Speaker 1: Great deal. And then you know, Jane Daniels obviously got to talk about him. He was in the other group of seven on seven, like kind of farther away from where we were, but you see some of like what makes him special. And what I mean by that is like he loves throwing that deep ball. He threw one to h Rice and Tremaine who had a really solid day, had a good day at the Rookie Minnie camp. Guy that I think is keep an eye on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's He's the guy that showed up a little bit.
Speaker 1: He's six four and a half, he's two fifteen, two twenty. He's big.
Speaker 2: He's hard to miss too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know eight nine baby, So throw a deep ball to him. Threw a deep ball to him, threw a couple of digs in the middle field, and then threw through two deep balls to Dax Mill and then Dax Mill made a great catch on the sideline there and then had a couple of nights. Again, the timing of him, I've been really impressed with that. I'm talking about Jaden. This his ability to be on time with stuff.
Speaker 4: Just comfortability, like he could easily came in here over anxies and overthrew a couple of bars.
Speaker 3: It's no, no, no, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: And he's gonna he's and he's gonna have a rough day at some point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first of all, I want to see the rough day, and because I want to see the next day, Like I don't care about your people.
Speaker 3: The worst thing can happen to It's about responding.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: If if he comes here and it's easy, Like if it seems easy, then.
Speaker 3: You're not getting better and you ain't been humble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, So, Yeah, we're gonna keep watching these practices, gonna keep kind of keeping you guys updated. Right now, we're really excited. Just wanted to give you kind of some background on some stuff we noticed today, some rep kind of stuff. And again that's gonna change, but you know, it's it's an exciting opportunity. And again we didn't talk about any of the offensive linemen defensive lineman. Really yeah, because they don't. It's it's a passing game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they was in a way room.
Speaker 1: I'll watched it, so they do they do their Indy and then right when they get to seven on seven.
Speaker 4: Teven, they come up and they still at the Powerhouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which which I think is important.
Speaker 3: You know, special food got that did bench press two one time.
Speaker 1: One time.
Speaker 3: That's how you need to open a do one time.
Speaker 1: All right. So the next big event we got coming up is the schedule release, and that is we're having a show. I think we're going to preview that at some point this week. Jason, what day is that?
Speaker 5: Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow? We're doing that, Okay, so make sure you tune into that. We're really excited about that. But in the meantime, we're going to preview that, and we're excited to preview it. And so the first question on my sheet here is is there a game on this schedule that needs to be the first home game. So I'm going to read some off to you real quick. We got Philly home, Dallas home, New York Giants home, Chicago Bears home, Cleveland Brown's home, Pittsburgh Steelers home, the Atlanta Falcons. That's an interesting one. Tennessee Titans and the Carolina.
Speaker 2: One versus two?
Speaker 1: Is that what you want?
Speaker 2: Jada and Kayleb come back to d c is where you're from, and what the Chicago treat last year on Thursday night football we on, Yeah, that would be that would be the That would be the the game to start this thing off, right.
Speaker 3: I want to against the Wolf of Wall Street aka Kirk Cuts.
Speaker 4: I mean in Atlanta, they come in here and you notice my ex wife team too, so you know it's tension right there.
Speaker 3: When we went through a divorce.
Speaker 4: On the way out, she was like, by the way, I've been a Falcon fan the whole time. I'm like, oh, so at the end of the day, that's a double reversion, dude, from like I said, you got the Wolf of Wall Street Kirk Cousins coming back to the team that paid them first, and now this team that just paid them when it got him a step brother.
Speaker 3: This it right behind.
Speaker 4: So it's a little tension boiling right there. So I just want to welcome Kirk back to FedEx Field.
Speaker 2: This is commanding field now it won't be FedEx.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, to the command in the command field.
Speaker 1: Commander's field, whatever we're calling it. I totally agree. Pardon me. Wants to see the Caleb Jalen thing like our Jaden thing. Later in the season. We both and they're like rolling.
Speaker 2: A little gate give it to him right now again.
Speaker 1: I like to see it. Obviously, I'm gonna watch that game. God, I just I want to see like where they're at, like week eight, week nine.
Speaker 3: And already took some bromps and bruises the Falcons.
Speaker 1: One. I think is really interesting getting Kirk back in the hometown, see how the fans receive him. And then I don't know, Pittsburgh seems interesting to me because of the quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Say we hate Pittsburgh, and I would will to see Pittsburgh early because this when that's when the politician Russell Wilson will.
Speaker 3: Be starting, because I think after like week six, it's gonna be the gist.
Speaker 2: And Fields so called him man politician, Man, have you met.
Speaker 1: I heard him?
Speaker 3: If he is the most definitely.
Speaker 4: Like that wasn't some good dude that't trust nothing.
Speaker 3: He's saying, I knew what you heard?
Speaker 1: Did you knew you were getting that?
Speaker 2: I wanted to hear what you really had to say.
Speaker 3: No, but I really want to see this.
Speaker 2: Duoy said you said water to well?
Speaker 3: He talking talking ZRay striped. If you sit there, listen to me.
Speaker 4: This dude one of the He's a good dude inside, but you know how you mean a preacher and you'd.
Speaker 3: Be like, hey, this preacher, right, I can tell a little bit. I'm dancing here like a brook Let. They rolled him all the way out to Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: You know, the room got quiet when he said that the first time and.
Speaker 3: Crickets, let's ride where we never heard that before.
Speaker 2: But you know what, the thing, the thing that bothers me about that, just knowing like how much that meant to him. He wanted that slogan to stick and to mean something and like not no, not only stick, but have something stick the right way. Make her have a nice season, you know what I mean, And you can be like Bronco ride. It just went the wrong way for him. So that's why I knew what you were trying to hear it.
Speaker 3: I wanted to know it's Bronco has horseshoes. You're gonna give it, bro listen, SI Justin Fields will be the start.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't think so, I don't really think so. I mean, I'm gonna be real with your man. I love the the things I seen from Justine. You know, when you know when he about what he did. You can see that. You can see when you kind of just allow him to, you know, do what he do. But I just think I really would like to see I'm just saying me personally, I want to see your boy.
Speaker 3: Russell have a saving set.
Speaker 2: I want to see him saving. I mean, I like Russell and you can talk about the politician and them and everything. I think he's a great player. I think he's a guy that get behind the coach, that got over there, and now he run things. You'll see a rush that kind of we saw over there in Seattle.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: I think it's about the coaching style.
Speaker 4: I played for Mike Tumlin in Minnesota. He was our defensive coordinator. We had a top three defense that year he got that job. The one thing I know about Mike Tumley, whatever comes out of his mouth, that's how he really feels.
Speaker 3: He's authentic.
Speaker 4: He will bench you as a player, and like he say, we don't do starters for the year. We do starters for games, meaning you can't start the whole year if you on your a game.
Speaker 3: But I'm telling.
Speaker 4: You, I don't think Russell does well under the type of circumstances where things are not guaranteed, But.
Speaker 2: No, I think I think just with the with the leadership from that coach, it's going to give him the stability.
Speaker 3: This coach actually won't know.
Speaker 1: Him too. They're gonna play defense, gonna run. Arthur Smith, likest.
Speaker 4: Aught the like things to be done on schedule, and Russell is an off schedule.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the things that I think really interesting is if you were to have a quarterback run system that coincided with the run game that they had like in Atlanta, Because we're alwaysking about what if Justin Fields goes to Arthur Smith.
Speaker 3: We thought it was gonna be the truth and party.
Speaker 1: Is like, that would be pretty sick having a guy that.
Speaker 3: Can Now you have a gold line package.
Speaker 1: All right, So next question, which game needs to be in prime time? So obviously I just read the home matchups. The away matchups are Baltimore Bengals, UH, Tampa Bay, UH New Orleans and Arizona.
Speaker 2: But well, I'm sure we're gonna I'm sure one of those those NFC East games gonna be big prim tags. I can see us Philly gonna be in a PRAM.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Like I think, so, okay, I should have made that clear we're not obviously.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about the invit Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: In the in the in the division, because those are always big games.
Speaker 2: So the next prime time game, I can see Baltimore, Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Battle party, that'd be That'd be kind of sick though, to see like both.
Speaker 2: Of these guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guess what he Jayden was compared to this deal to see them on the same field but in different offenses.
Speaker 3: I think that's the whole thing being used a little bit different. I say the better of the bet.
Speaker 2: With Burrow too. I mean, you could easily be a prime.
Speaker 4: Time I'm saying beat out of the bed way because now it's actually a battle.
Speaker 3: Like they had the quarterback advantage a long time I was young.
Speaker 1: The team is that seems so good though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they got they got King Henry over there right now, So they got lighting and thun.
Speaker 1: They got a three hundred and twenty pounds full back and a two hundred and fifty pound running back. Somebody get hurt, and so think about this, their right tackle and their right guard. The right tackle weighs three hundred and ninety pounds, the right guard weighs three seventy five. Like they just have it's just like a that's like.
Speaker 4: You gotta be the biggest screwp buffet that never goes away.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of trying to play over there.
Speaker 3: They trying to play.
Speaker 4: They want to put your line and put your hand in and let's see the best man win because recard man.
Speaker 3: People Don'tdertandy want to trade. Patrick coming riding at full back and three hundred.
Speaker 4: Path and he pops down, no no, and he can track DB's he get his hands on you.
Speaker 3: It's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It reminds me a little bit of like Mike Sellers with Mike Sellers.
Speaker 4: Mos definitely in I want to say this to people. I talked to Big Mike Seller's facetied him me and Rock cott Wright two nights ago. The big boy is doing well. He says he's feeling good.
Speaker 3: He was up, he's joking, he's walking around.
Speaker 4: Thank Lord, say one hour, Commanders, Mike Sellers is doing well.
Speaker 3: Definitely, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: All right. Yeah, so I think Baltimore is kind of one than six outs mentioned Pittsburgh already. The Falcons game in prime time would be awesome, you know the wolf, Yeah, that would be pretty sick. And then I want to see the Caleb Williams, Jason I Wrigg back.
Speaker 3: But I want to say afraid a little bit of the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I mean that the Chicago team, because I think a rookie quarterback has ever walked.
Speaker 3: Into a team ready built like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 4: They leave there with Roma dooms dig and they already got DJ Moore, Like this is getting out different than any rookie.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: Now the Scribe had a good team, but we didn't know tank deal with was gonna be good.
Speaker 1: But we didn't know it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So again, all those would be fun to see in prime time. And then what's a sneaky good matchup that you guys like it? Man, sneaky good.
Speaker 4: I think sneaky good is the Cincinnati Bengals. I think the Cincinnati Bengals. Everybody forget them every time Joe get hurt. Every time Joe hurt, they're not but Joe gon heal and Joe has here and Joe won't respect Joe.
Speaker 1: Did you see that thing? Again? This is on Instagram? So I don't know how realists having't fact just this, but that the injury that he had might like long term, affect his ability to grip a football. You got to see that.
Speaker 3: I did not see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I saw. I don't know, I got it, don't don't. I'm not reporting it is that is just throwing go get it. I think a sneak.
Speaker 2: A good matchup is Cleveland Browns too. I don't forget about those.
Speaker 1: I mean I just saw.
Speaker 2: I just saw running the other day, and I mean he might not be ready to.
Speaker 3: Take long to get back. And I'm sorry. The Shun watches just don't look like the Shun watching no more.
Speaker 4: And I think it has a lot to do with it's hard for him to focus being like the villain, like some people excel being the villain.
Speaker 2: But I've seen his reception in different in different places, he'd been received well different places.
Speaker 4: I mean, don't play because I think some players kind of like play through the energy that they feel.
Speaker 1: And to me, he.
Speaker 3: Ain't happy when I used to watch him play.
Speaker 2: I just think it's longer. It takes longer than what we expect him to come out there and just to be himself again, Like it takes more than a year, you know what I mean. Like, don't get me wrong, He's been sitting out for what two years. Did he play last year then he end up getting hurt. I thought last year should have been a year where he just you know, find a way to get on the field, stay healthy and be out there the whole sixteen eight I mean seventeen weeks and then this year we would have saw something different. So hopefully, yeah, you know, even though you know him having another setback being hurt last year, I hope he can kind of like be a little bit of himself. But they playing that so I don't want to see I don't want to see him being nowhere near.
Speaker 1: So that's that's kind of our preview to the schedule release which comes out tomorrow. We're really excited to kind of talk about that in more detail. That's just kind of our first high level thoughts. But that leads us to our newest segment, and that's what we call that, the mail bag, the mailman segment.
Speaker 3: The mail will be delivered.
Speaker 1: And so we got a couple We got an email from Andre right, Jason, Yeah, this is from Andre.
Speaker 5: I'll be Andre for you and wrote along email email, I should know I have our time round. Yeah, he sent us an email tougher than you that hawk outside Gmail dot com right, all right, So here's what he said, guys. He said, all right, first, thank you for creating content that is easily accessible to those who are out of town and need to stay connected. I'm in the Army in active duty, so I don't get to come.
Speaker 1: Home very thank you for your service. Thanks you.
Speaker 5: In fact, I'm heading to Korea this summer, the fourth time in nine years. You can't get much further than seven thousand miles away from home, so to get a little slice of the district from you all every week is precious. If I could only get some chicken wings mambo sauce on.
Speaker 4: Game they out, well, tell him I will gladly send him mumbo sauce. I can't send the chicken sure, the Korean wing is good. We can send you the mumbo sauce. So you have that, Andre, I can do that. I got something in my house, just got a no case of it. My kids love mumbo sauce. They put it on everything.
Speaker 1: I've never had mumbo sauce spicy.
Speaker 3: Don't you ever repeat that again?
Speaker 1: Is it spicy?
Speaker 3: No, it's sweet meat, spicy meat, savory. Think about ketchup.
Speaker 1: It's eaten by zeus.
Speaker 2: It's almost like if you ever had you have you ever had the Taie Asian sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 2: It's similar.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, really has a sweet sauce.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring you some mumbo sauce.
Speaker 5: Yes, I hope you get crushed in the comments you are.
Speaker 1: I don't eat a lot of junk food.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, you probably eat his mumbo or some like its cargo, or some snails or something that's not that's like that's drowned butter.
Speaker 1: There's no way fancy I do U. Yeah, I put it on my little mash that I make. If I told you want to eat for dinner pretty much every.
Speaker 3: Night, I know you eat like a pison. You probably porch.
Speaker 1: It's a white rice, ground beef, a pounder ground beef, sauteed spinach and maple syrup on there.
Speaker 3: Perch.
Speaker 1: Por it's pretty good though.
Speaker 4: They was eating a sixteen o three in wiscons what't he talking about this?
Speaker 3: Dude? He looked at me like, yeah, ain't a great Meala, No, you.
Speaker 1: Should try something. I bet you have. You go with some mumbo sauce.
Speaker 3: Town to be a DC proud while you gulash.
Speaker 1: Well here's a question. Here's a question.
Speaker 5: Andre wants to know. This is the topic here because he's away, he doesn't know what we got one right, You want to know is there any buzz or fear from other teams in our division when it comes to the prospect of facing a dual threat QB here in Washington. I don't think the n if NFC East has had this problem since RG three and twenty twelve. What are news outlets Saints.
Speaker 1: So at this time of year? Because he so preliminary, there's not a lot of conversation.
Speaker 3: They only worry about their team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of their team, a lot of local media. And again, like we're very fortunate we have access to watch practice. We just reviewed that for you, Andre, And one of the things is we can't see other people's practices, so they don't know. So all we're getting a secondhand. But we did find some quotes from some different news organizations.
Speaker 4: I could also say this, Dre, we know this before down gets played.
Speaker 3: This year, we got at least the third best quarterback.
Speaker 1: In the division.
Speaker 4: All right, let's be honest, all right, we know that when that guy played a snap, all right, we know we don't want Daniel Jones.
Speaker 3: We know that legit, be honest, Ray.
Speaker 2: It's the beauty of Dane Jones.
Speaker 1: Be good.
Speaker 4: He's always good against us, let's get that correct. But he shows us who Daniel Jones.
Speaker 2: Years ago, that same Dany Jones took him to the playoff and won a game.
Speaker 3: And he threw for like thirty one hundred. He did nothing. He was good enough to be.
Speaker 1: He fools it to you.
Speaker 3: He swindle deal.
Speaker 4: You know how players can have it one year tween got the country.
Speaker 3: I pray, I don't.
Speaker 1: Really contract you a house, never.
Speaker 3: Comin.
Speaker 4: I just seen do change everything, get that check and then never see he.
Speaker 1: I was also going to say that playoff win was more of a Dexter Lawrence thing is then you have like twelve pressures that game like he basically basically like.
Speaker 3: Listen, you can't get no more regular lited.
Speaker 1: And not a good quarterback to move on. Okay, So so Jason, we got uh so, we got some comments from who we got from.
Speaker 5: I did a little bit of research to try and find something.
Speaker 1: But basically there's the point is there's not a lot.
Speaker 3: It's not a lot. Nobody's willing to hate this early but me yeah, there's nothing.
Speaker 5: From team accounts, kind of like what we do. But there was this dude, Victor Williams won the Philly Pod. I assume that's a lesser pod than this one, but he tweeted out, uh, don't get too comfy, Jaden Daniels, and it was the clip of Jalen Carter from the Georgia LSU game in twenty twenty two. Yeah comes up and uh and so he's he's talking some trash out there, but Jane and Daniels had a quote about that. His quote was, Hey, Jalen Carter, he's a great player. I mean he got underneath me. I had a bum ankle, so I wasn't gonna do anything here. Yeah, but you know he's a great player.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but it's football. You take one. Take one play that this guy has my number is like kind of not really everybody get Scott one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Victor Williams, Like you got all damn football, Victor. We know something about you, probably caring Chris go in your pocketing case y'all win a championship so you could slide down a pole. We ain't worried about all that. We ain't here to start, no drum. What we're gonna do is we're gonna worry about washing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all getting like. That's not a really super informed take by Victor Williams. You know, he's looking at a clip and he's saying, look at this one time, and I don't know, I think Jane and that's in twenty twenty two, and Jane Daniels is a significantly better football players.
Speaker 3: It also was.
Speaker 5: True he had a bum ankle. He came out before halftime of that game. He came he was on pace to throw four hundred yards that game. So I don't know, probably didn't like that, all right, So yeah, the Cowboys, right?
Speaker 3: Uh T C.
Speaker 5: Deckard from blogging on the Boys, all right, he actually was very high on Jayde and Daniels. He gave a little praise. So I'm just going to read a short bit of this. He says, instead of others pointing out Daniels had excellent wide receivers, they should point out that he's the work he's put in each and every day to become a top quarterback prospect. Unlike some quarterbacks, Daniels didn't enter the season as a surefire draft pick. He earned it and now he's bringing that to Washington, So a little respect from the cowboy.
Speaker 4: So you don't like that, you'll you heard it from old Dallas, from the place. But I'm glad somebody is looking at it through clear eyes and clear visions. All Right, Dallas, we.
Speaker 3: Gave you the last twenty years to do what you were gonna do. Now it's our time.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just I'm happy, just for the safe for the sake of We talked about this pre draft man, just like, how is it that I'm getting better and you're putting that against me?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I mean, last time I heard Joe Burrow transferred and had two first round draft picks their receivers. You know what I'm saying, two receives in the league. And exactly so I'm saying to myself, you can't. It's not an indictment on me that I got better and I had guys that I got them better. Also, I mean, they couldn't do it without me, so we did it together, you know what I mean. So yeah, I'm happy that he was able to acknowledge that because I do believe that you can't fought Jayden Daines for winning the Heisman. Yeah, it was foughting for being a hideman player.
Speaker 1: And what I will say, as I do think teams you worry about doing threat quarterbacks. That's why I think the Washington Canti is one of the reasons that they end up drafting them, right, because defensively limits what you can do.
Speaker 3: I finish say, it ties us down, exposes all the cracks.
Speaker 1: So I think even though they might not be expressing certain I know if if I was the DC for Dallas, if I was the DC for Philly, I'm like, I'm like, dang, like now this because become a little bit more complicated in terms of how they're prepping. And also we got to see what cliffs how Clif's gonna use them. But those legs, man.
Speaker 4: Those legs make us have to play what we call honest.
Speaker 3: We can't cheat.
Speaker 4: I can't cheat you on certain blitzes and I can't cheat you and play two men under I can't cheat you. We can only play defenses that all eleven us quarterback. So now guess what. It shrinks your playbook. And this ain't gonna happen one week. Yeah, yeah, Now it might be a coordinator like I'm just gonna run what I run and time them DB's turning his back. Number five gonna be running right beside. They ain't gonna even know it, So it shrinks the playbook.
Speaker 3: I must say that.
Speaker 1: And I think, you know, it's cool that he made the reference to Robert in twenty twelve because ten of you and I were both here obviously, and I remember playing each week and we would see eight man box Cover three every single week. Every week that's what we saw.
Speaker 2: And then we were getting off on the house because guess what, y'all don't have to play no play like whenever it was open last week, gon be open this week? You lining up guys that damn we just me and Pierre and the boy. We looking at HL like boy we eat and you did mean throw it up?
Speaker 3: And the dB over there like, man, I'm so tired over three. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 4: But he understands we can only play cover three a couple four to stop them to day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think the other thing I'd point to is that, like, I think Robert was really good in twenty twelve, right, I think one rookie of the year. But I think and this is just you know, I've watched I went back and watched him Robert Griffrom the third tape because everyone was making the comp and I will say, Jaye Daniels at this point in his career, that pass is a much better passer. Yeah, and I think that's gonna again that lays like raises the floor of the offense. Couple that with the simplification of defenses. I think there's a lot of things that people in the division need to be concerned about because I think he's going to be a heck of a ball player. And again, we've only seen two practices, but he's already kind of checking some of those boxes, which is pretty cool. So I think that's going to do it for today's show. Guys, thank you so much for joining us. Please make sure you're liking a subscriber ever you're going to get your podcast. And that's it.
Speaker 3: It how gap G made up that cup?
Speaker 1: Yeah, check it out. The views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.