Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast. Do Hey, it's Delilah. So it's a new year. Here we are looking forward, looking ahead. I hope you're looking forward. I hope you're looking ahead. I hope you're living fully in the here and now. But I hope you're looking ahead to better times, to new opportunities, to making good choices. Or maybe you're beating yourself up. You're sitting there looking back on the passing. Why did I do this? Why did I do that? Why did I make that choice? What difference does it make? Why it's done, it's over. Move forward, let it go. Walk forward with confidence, knowing that God has an amazing plan for your future. And let the past go.
Speaker 2: Hang on to the memories that you want to cherish.
Speaker 1: Your baby's growing up too fast, your wedding day, whatever that beautiful moment is. Hang on to those sweet memories. But let the rest go. Let whatever is holding you back go. Hi, Lucas, how are you tonight? Happy New Year?
Speaker 3: I am doing great. Happy New Year to you too, Delilah. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm wonderful.
Speaker 1: Do you have any hopes or dreams or dreaded resolutions for the New Years?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't make resolutions.
Speaker 1: I try to think of little steps I can take to improve myself from my life. But I don't know, it's been a long time since I decided to do a resolution and have my heart broken.
Speaker 3: Well. Actually, one of my New Year resolutions is to read thirty books this year. I always I love to read, but I always have trouble falling through my goals of reading reading as many books i'd like to. It's always ended up being five or six books. But this year I want to make it at least thirty books. So that's one of my goals for this year, is to read thirty books so I could boost up my love for reading a little more.
Speaker 1: Do you have the time to read thirty books or would it be more reasonable to say, how about twelve or sixteen?
Speaker 2: So you do one and a half a month.
Speaker 3: You have a point too, you know, maybe I should give it down to at least twelve because there's only twelve months of a year, and depending on how long it takes you to read, then maybe it should be best to set it to a more reasonable goal instead of a harder goal, because maybe I'm being too hard on myself when I set a higher goal. You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe in setting reasonable goals and taking things one day at a time rather than set goals that you know there's no way I'm going to be able to reach them, and then I'm going to be disappointed in myself. I think slow and steady wins the race. How about I find a great win as we are already into the new year, a great one for you and everybody else to bring hope to our hearts.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm down for that, Delilah.
Speaker 2: All right, you have a great night, Lucas. Thanks for calling, Honey, you.
Speaker 3: Too, Delilah.
Speaker 2: Hi, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who's this? This is JT Delilah, JT. What can I do for you?
Speaker 4: I'm married to my wife and I'm about to go to prison tomorrow.
Speaker 5: She's really hurting because I'm going away.
Speaker 2: So why are you going away?
Speaker 5: Because I got caught up with some stuff.
Speaker 4: I got a drug charge.
Speaker 2: So are you clean and sober today?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you going to stay that way?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: How much time do you have to serve? I have to do three years.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and I have two beautiful kids at home.
Speaker 2: How old are you?
Speaker 5: I'm twenty three?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. But the good news is it sounds like you have changed your ways. I have, and you're not going back there? No, no, ma'am.
Speaker 2: So what are you going to do for the three years that's your way? What are your plans?
Speaker 4: To focus on my life and think what I did wrong and try to work out my relationship with my wife and my kids?
Speaker 2: Well, you can.
Speaker 1: You can only think about what you did wrong so long. But are you allowed to go to school while you're in? Can you get an education? Can you use your time to Ah?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes I can.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why don't you Because thinking about it isn't going to change anything. Right, what's done is done. You can't undo it. You've made your amends. So instead of spending your time thinking about it, how about spending your time getting an education, improving your life so when you are out you will be able.
Speaker 2: To move forward.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm gonna do that. And if there's a recovery program in the prison, you're going to go to the meetings.
Speaker 2: Okay, God bless you. I'm proud of you for calling and for being bold.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, bye bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: Hi, good evening, Welcome.
Speaker 4: Who's this Brian?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Brian? Did you have a good New Year's Eve?
Speaker 4: Yes? I did.
Speaker 2: Are you having a good week? So far?
Speaker 4: So far, so good?
Speaker 2: What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 4: I called because I wanted to kind of break on my wife. We'll be married five years in April, and she was very hard worker. She's been working three twelve hour days, three days a week and then off four days a week, and amongst a lot of other things, she's been helping taking care of my great aunt and uncle who are up in the years. And anytime anybody needs any help, I don't care if it's a friend, I don't care who it is. She's always there for him.
Speaker 1: So she's a giver, Yeah, someone who gives and gives and gives and loves.
Speaker 4: She's tossing around and going back to school.
Speaker 2: Like she doesn't have enough on her plate right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's she's a medical assistant now and she's tossing around going back to school to get her either her LPN or an RIN, I'm not sure which. And I just told her, I just said, you know, do what you think is right. I said, I'm not going to stop you, and I just want it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Sound like anything could stop this woman not at home.
Speaker 4: No, I couldn't ask for any any better than what I have, and I continue to tell her that every day, and before we go to bed at night, I always tell her, I always say I always I love you, I always have and I always will.
Speaker 2: Hi, good evening, Welcome to the Delilah Show. Who's this?
Speaker 5: This is Nestor Delilah.
Speaker 2: How are you, Nestor. I'm wonderful. How are you? Did you have a good Christmas?
Speaker 5: Very good Christmas? Did you have a good one as well?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: It's so good to finally talk to you.
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard. What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 5: Well? I am actually an international student from South America, from Paraguay, and I have been living in the United States for the last six years. And first I came through a full scholarship to go to high school. I had a wonderful host family here in the United States. Then I went back home and I decided to come back to go to college. Although you know, college was a big dream for me, out of reality almost but my American family thought that I should do. So. So I got back and let me tell you that. And two weeks ago I got my major.
Speaker 2: And now what's your major in?
Speaker 5: In theater and focus in acting and playwriting, and a minor in communication speech communication actually, and so I'm so thrilled to finish my education through another full scholarship. But the reason why I was calling you, Delilah, is because I come from a very very poor family in Paraguay, and my parents are very very poor. My mom has racist chicken and my Jeff farm cotton and tomato on the farm. They make hardly five hundred dollars a year, and it was very important for me to have them over here in the United States to see me graduate. And so I have wonderful friends that I have made over the years here who got together, we raised money, they donated, and also we did a fundraiser dinner, and my parents had the chance to come and see me graduate and see also two of my plays that I wrote lately here in the United States. So I just wanted to say things.
Speaker 2: So it was a very good year for now stir.
Speaker 5: It was a great, great year with wonderful friends who did the impossible to make me happy and my parents happy and to be here in the United States, the land that they always dreamed of, and they thought it was impossible to visit, but they got to visit for a month, had a wonderful time, snow went to a restaurant for the first time, vacation, first time in their lives, and it was just thrilled to help them over. Thank you to all my friends. So I just wanted to say thank you to them through your show. I know English doesn't have another word more than thank you, but we haven't Spanish. Just give your slobody and make it bless your heart, and I just wanted to say that through your show and dedicay a song to them.
Speaker 2: I so hope you have enjoyed these radio moments as much as I enjoy bringing them to you.
Speaker 1: I'll share more with you each weekday on Hey It's Delilah.