Speaker 1: Thank you everybody so much for joining us once again on this Park Copper episode of Magical Rewind.
Speaker 2: And we've got some Disney Royalty with us today.
Speaker 1: And I always know that every week, I'm like, this is a very special episode. But this is a very special episode because I knew this guy without knowing this guy as much as I should have known this guy.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: You gotta explain that meaning I knew who he was, but then I heard his voice on a whole bunch of stuff that I wasn't really aware that I was hearing.
Speaker 2: His voice on. Yes, So can you please help us? Welcome to the pod.
Speaker 4: Drew Sealing?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 5: You know? Living life? This is?
Speaker 1: It?
Speaker 5: Be fun to revisit whatever we're going to revisit.
Speaker 4: There's so many Where shall we start, mister geez?
Speaker 5: Just listening to Brandon Baker's podcast, and I don't know if I can top monkey biting your face off and sleeping with Jessica Alba.
Speaker 4: So we didn't start pretty big.
Speaker 6: We did start with the pretty big bang with that guy that he shocked the hell out of us with those.
Speaker 3: Stories entertaining Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I think we first of all, welcome, thank you so much for coming on here. We talked about, you know, since we're we're kind of the podcast dedicated to the Channel, you are the Channel royalty, and so we need but.
Speaker 2: It's true we needed to have you on here.
Speaker 1: But I think we have to start with how do the two of you know each other so well?
Speaker 4: So well?
Speaker 6: Gosh, I don't even know if I can remember where it started, because so much of the stuff kind of happened all around the same couple of years. I know you were on the soundtrack of the fitness and dance videos.
Speaker 4: I did be you you yea, which I didn't.
Speaker 6: Know, and I'm sure you did. We're watching a movie and Will what was the movie that I went, Oh, my gosh, I'm listening to the soundtrack.
Speaker 4: I'm hearing a song. I'm going, why do I know that song? Wait? Why do I know movements to that song? And it was your song?
Speaker 5: It was Danielle Pannabiker in it.
Speaker 4: I don't written and weep there we go, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't think I've ever seen the movie, and I don't think I even knew my song was going to be in the movie.
Speaker 6: So it's uh so I'm watching it and I'm going, how do I know this song? And I'm like, okay, that's true. And then I go, wait, I know movements and then I look it up and of course it is the song that was on the b U soundtrack. So that's how I knew choreography was the part.
Speaker 4: And that was just yes, and it was so cool. But it's in like one of her her scenes that.
Speaker 6: She's doing and she's being a celebrity, you know, and everything, and it was just so wild. And then Stuck in the Suburbs, of course, as soon as you get on the camera, I'm like, oh my gosh, not only is he doing the voice.
Speaker 5: Of this aby at that point, well that's actually Disney Lord. That is incorrect. I am not doing the voice in that movie.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 5: No. No. I actually wrote a song for Stuck in the Suburbs and submitted to the producers and they're like, no, we're gonna go with what did Teraryn kill him? Right? No? I believe he saying everything.
Speaker 6: And we interviewed him. He did not know you beat him out because you were out there with the guitar.
Speaker 5: There's another Disney ghost singer out there that nobody knows it.
Speaker 1: Was me, okay, I yeah, no, wow, but I was David, the desk clerk, which was fun.
Speaker 5: You were David, Yes, yeah, my big two lines that was my introduction to Disney really, that one and Campus Confidential, which is an ABC Family movie with Christy Carlson Romano is the same year and Brandon Baker, so that's how I know him.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait a second, I'm sorry that Stuck in the Suburbs your two lines on Stuck in the Suburbs.
Speaker 2: That was the first time you ever worked for the channel.
Speaker 5: I believe. So it was my first Disney movie, I believe. Yeah, before I had moved to California, so I was still living in Orlando at that point, I believe.
Speaker 4: Okay, so how.
Speaker 1: Did yeah, I guess we then should should ask how did your journey to it all happen?
Speaker 5: Yes, it happened through uh a wonderful producer and gentlemen, Ray Sham who's no longer with us, who wrote Gets Your Head in the Game for the original high School musical film when.
Speaker 4: I was grapower first Disney Cheetah Girls.
Speaker 5: And we wrote a song with Prima j for Cheetah Girls as well for Cheata girls too, amazing guy. I was signed to his production company as as an artist, like I moved out to La, you know, big dreams, just like trying to you know, make a living. I'm like, I'm gonna act, I'm gonna sing, I'm gonna do everything, which was mostly I'm gonna work at PF Shang's uh and Scoop hot Rice and just keep keep dreaming. But Ray took a chance on me and signed me to a deal and we were working on an EP for me, and then he'd one one weekend he was just happened to have like a little sidegig and he's like, hey, you want to help me write this song for this Disney dcom movie. So he brought me in to co write get Your Head in the Game. And neither one of us really, you know, thought that it was going to turn into anything, you know, more than a typical what you know whatever, like wrote it forgot about it and then yeah there you go.
Speaker 2: Dang, so you you sang it for the demo too.
Speaker 5: Then right right time, right place, Like when I was listening to Brandon's thing just talking about like how there's countless other great singers and actors, and he just happened to be in the right the right age, the right place, with the right skills. Like so much of this is luck, you know, And I just lucked into meeting the right people at the right time, and I was I was ready, and when they needed somebody to fill in those missing vocals, they knew I could do it and I was there and ready.
Speaker 2: So so yeah, no, wait, that's that's my question.
Speaker 1: So you write the song, do you then like sing the demo and record it and send it to Disney. It's it's your voice doing that, So it's you don't even know you're It's not even like an audition for you.
Speaker 2: You're just wrong.
Speaker 5: I did audition for high school musical too, actually, but I was a full I think I'm three or four years even older than Monique, so I think I like, age wise, I sort of aged myself out of the whole thing. And also Zach is a great actor. But since they you know, Kenny knew me from that and I'd submitted get your head in the game, they knew what my voice sounded like. Uh. I've told this story a few times. I've never I've never been given an explanation of why they kept my voice on the soundtrack, and I don't think zach was has ever been given that explanation of why they didn't, So it just sort of came out the way that it came out. And yeah, reporters started calling me. I was still working at PF. Chang's the first time High School Musical aired. I was watching it on the bar top monitors like telling people, Hey, that's my voice, and they're like, yeah, yeah, get me my rice. So yeah, it was. It was pretty crazy. It happened very suddenly. As I listened to Corbin's interview with you guys as well, and like everything, I echo everything he said. It was just like one day, you know, more so for those guys, But I did get to experience a little bit of that.
Speaker 6: Well, you had to have started the calls had to start coming in, right, I mean, you said Ray Champ, but you worked with Robbie Neville kind of quiet.
Speaker 4: Robby did, right.
Speaker 6: Robbie was a big so at that time, Will they had kind of like a a good, fairly small but a good group of producers that were just at that point doing the grind, putting, putting songs together. They were finding songs for d coms, more so than they were writing them. I mean, I feel like our songs for the Cheetah Girls were all just previously submitted songs, and then the second one was when they really started, especially I think probably with Kenny's you know, influence of making the songs actually fit what was exactly.
Speaker 4: Happening in the movie.
Speaker 6: And so Robbie Neville, I know you were on a bunch of hit because I would always we would always go in with these producers and we'd hear all these different you know, demos, and you were on I mean, I feel like you were just everywhere at that point.
Speaker 5: I have Steve Vincent to thank for that, Like he would just like plug me into like every you know thing that was happening, and Ray and Greg cham like, yeah, there was like a three or four year period there where I think I just thought that that was kind of normal. I'm like, yeah, I'm gonna be on disney Mania four, five, six, seven and eight, like right. But also like I didn't have a show on Disney, so I wasn't like some of these other stars that are singing songs on those albums, Like I just sort of snuck in the side door. I stayed there for a while.
Speaker 6: Do you have any songs that you might have wrote that you didn't actually sing, but you wrote for either other Disney artists or any other d coms that, like people would might maybe be surprised to hear.
Speaker 5: I wrote a song for Austin and Ali called who You Are that I liked. That song got a lot of from from Cheta Girls too, Prima.
Speaker 4: Jay, didn't you do dance with me?
Speaker 5: I did not write to dance with me? But yeah, but you did? Think that was my very first single and music video. And I believe that was like even before High School Musical, like that was that was the.
Speaker 6: High School Musical came out right before we started filming it.
Speaker 4: This second, Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 2: I'm still I'm sorry, I'm trying to wrap my head around this. I'm still I'm so confused.
Speaker 1: Did you when High School Musical aired? Had you been told that your voice was on it? Or okay, so you knew okay, you knew you And.
Speaker 5: I also wasn't like umpetting it from the rooftops, like I was never told like you can't talk about this. But also I was just like, yeah, this is my contribution.
Speaker 2: You know though, that's a classy way to do it.
Speaker 5: But then somebody, somebody from the Hollywood Reporter found out and called my manager and said, wait a minute, who's Drew Seeley. You know, because my name was listed on the credits on the album or on the not pre Spotify iTunes whatever. So yeah, I mean it just kind of came out, and then once people knew that, it sort of snowballed into some other opportunities. And yeah, you know, Disney has been good to me over the years. I got to I got to do Prince eric On in The Little Mermaid on Broadway. Yeah, shortly after that, all because of that, and then the the High School Musical, uh, South America and North American tours with all the.
Speaker 4: Cast, all those tours. That's right, I remember that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but please tell me you're not still working at PF. Chang's at the time you're doing all these these tours.
Speaker 5: No, I quit that. I quit that.
Speaker 6: If you've got writing credit on got to get your head in the game.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's the gift that keeps on giving. Yeah, I would, I would think.
Speaker 6: So those rots are still locking in because that is definitely my favorite song from that that first movie. So it's just down the life of that I love all in this together. I know that's a fan favorite, but mine was get your ahead in the game for sure. And it's not just because I love you. It's literally the best song on the movie.
Speaker 5: And I finally did get to learn all the choreography and like do everything from the film on the tour, which was fun because live on stage every night there was basketball as like hitting people in the front.
Speaker 3: Row, Like, oh god, no, you don't get it every time, no way.
Speaker 5: So I got to live my life vicariously that way.
Speaker 2: Yes, when did you get to meet the cast? I mean, did you? Did you get a chance to meet with everybody?
Speaker 5: And again I was. I was never told why they did it the way that they did it, but I think that they were within about read four weeks of shooting the actual film and they had me and not Zach, me and the rest of the movie cast all go into the studio for like four days straight and record all the songs together. So yeah, I knew that I was doing that, okay, but not why.
Speaker 6: But but yeah, was that awkward with the Like did they ask I hit.
Speaker 5: It off with those? I hit it off with them. They were there's they were so lovely and I.
Speaker 6: Still what's going on?
Speaker 5: I feel hard to remember. I'm sure they did. They're probably like, who is this guy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I like, does anyone else notice that I supposed to be here and he's not?
Speaker 5: I do think. I do think Vanessa resented it a little bit when I was on tour, because she was like, I want to sink to my boyfriend every night, not this guy. I didn't feel a little of that.
Speaker 4: Okay, I can understand that.
Speaker 5: For sure, but yeah, it was. It was so much fun. And Lucas and Corbyn and I still talk pretty frequently in mon.
Speaker 6: I bet they're both so awesome. And Monique just had a birthday. I mean she she's just such a beautiful person, so fun. I got to tour with her for a hot second. We both run the Dancing Star store. Yeah, and that's when I met Lucas and I met Lucas's sister who used to travel around with Monique quite a bit. So everyone was a very tight knit group. It was super cool, such a small world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just did. I did Jersey Boys and Kinky Boots with Mark Ballas in the last few years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, absolutely, that is very cool.
Speaker 1: So what I mean. High school musical comes out, it's a ridiculous smash hit.
Speaker 2: And then you go on the tour.
Speaker 1: What is your response like when you know you're on stage every night singing for people.
Speaker 5: Well, I really uh, they kind of did me dirty there because I had to open the show. So there it was a I don't know if either of you saw it, but there was a backlit stage right so you'd see a shadow walking up, living in my own world, walking up the shadow shadow guy, and then the lights hit me and the audience is always like ah, silence, And I had to sing half of that song alone until Vanessa came on. So I sort of had to like reprove myself and resell myself every night. And there was like that initial lyell and then like the pullback and then people were like, okay, well we're here.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: It was tough, man.
Speaker 4: They could have helped you out with like and here comes truthy. They could have said it up. They gave me a better.
Speaker 5: They did give me my own little like section later on in the show where I got to do dance with me and some other stuff, but the beginning was hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that is tough.
Speaker 6: That is tough, especially because kids just don't get I mean, like talk talk about the age demo of who you were really getting a chance to perform. I mean I loved our age demo that the Channel brings to what a concert is, you know, and so they don't really get that's not something that they understand, you know, whether or not they had heard that those were Zach's vocals or not.
Speaker 5: I think there was a lot of confusion too though, because they were like, but it sounds just like.
Speaker 2: The right, that's the thing is. It's like, wait, that's it, that's the voice, So something's not mixing.
Speaker 5: I'm just grateful. Yeah, whenever Zach was busy doing something, I was the filling. I was just like the go to guy. So I owned that as long as they led me. It was really fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's amazing.
Speaker 1: So you're on tour, you're going you're going around, you're singing all this stuff. Did you ever think that the Channel was going to come back and be like, look, you're doing so much for us. We got to get your movie, we're gonna get your show, We're going to get you something.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, in all honesty, yeah, Like there's always that I think I don't know if I painted myself into a box as a singer or if that was just sort of how I was viewed, maybe because they they they were quick to call when there was an album, you know, release, or like the songs for something. But yeah, I mean, I've been an actor in my whole life too, and I was auditioning for all of these things. And I got really close on camp Rock too with a couple other guys, like tested for it with Kenny and did the whole day audition like you do. And then I believe instead of it was going to be a one, one guy role, and then they decided to turn that role into the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 2: Ah, you're good, but you can't play all three of the Jonas.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't compete with three brothers.
Speaker 4: That is.
Speaker 5: You know. They did bring me in for their Broadway show, which was awesome, but yeah, I would have loved to, you know, play play something on one of their shows. You know, I'm still around. You know, I could be a coach. I could be a dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you living that dad?
Speaker 3: Live?
Speaker 4: You love it?
Speaker 5: I am. I've got a beautiful five year old yeah, I yeah, Wow, my life I.
Speaker 2: Just That's amazing to me.
Speaker 1: Now, So were you a Disney and Disney Channel fan before all this stuff happened?
Speaker 5: Uh? Well, I was, like I was twenty four when High School Movival came out, so you know, it wasn't what I watched on my downtime, but I but I I was a fan of you know. I grew up in Orlando too, so like Disney was Yeah, my was my life from like fourteen to twenty two, twenty three when I moved back to La So yeah, I've loved Disney forever. But you know, usually I gravitate tour like the classic Disney films, you know, like Lion King, a Little Mermaid, Like, yeah, all the music from that kind of era is like what really like gets me in the heartstrings? You know? Yeah? So were you?
Speaker 1: I mean if you had to pick at the time when you were starting your career, if somebody said to you what are you? Would you have said, I'm an actor, I'm a singer. Would you have said I'm an entertainer?
Speaker 5: Like I still have trouble answering that question, Like I find like where they intersect is like where I thrive and where the best experiences I've had in my career I've come from. I did this movie called Love Struck Deborah Martin Chase produced randomly hm, but that was yeah, singing, dancing, acting, all the Broadways, the Broadway stuff. Yeah. I even did a Christmas movie a couple of years ago called Christmas Movie Magic that ended with like a big Freda Staire Ginger Rogers dance number the snow while singing. So like, I still get sent those kind of scripts, and that's kind of what I love doing. So so huge. You're Hugh Jackman, that is that is like he's one of my ultimate idols. Yeah, like that's the girl.
Speaker 4: I love that connection. Yes, I am here for that. That's amazing.
Speaker 5: That's awesome. Yeah, I guess I gotta start working out. Yeah, you did get.
Speaker 6: A chance to do all three right in the movie you did with Selena Gomez, The Another Cinderella Story. We did get to see your triple threat action happening there. What was it like working with Selena?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to think that like I peaked there, but I feel like that was like the pinnacle of like what I like to do, you know, singing, dancing, acting, and I also wrote all the music from the film, so I got.
Speaker 4: To Oh my god, I got to be.
Speaker 5: The creative on that side of it. Co wrote, I'm not going to take entire credit, but yeah Wow, because I used to because I was in a boy band in high school, like in real life back in Orlando. So I had all those like boy band melodies in my head, and when they were working on the music, I was like, you know, I'm the pop star in this movie. Let me let me contribute and do that. And they did Yeah wowand new Ground.
Speaker 4: With a you and you and you ground Okay, Okay, we're.
Speaker 5: Trying to be in sync meets Jodasy was like our log line.
Speaker 4: Okay, and did you have as as in sync? Did? They all kind of had looks if you will? Were you?
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 5: I was the blonde frosted tip one. Okay, but it was it was like it was a multicultural band. We we wrapped. It was a little more like urban for lack of a better word, than in sync and Backstreet Boys were trying to do and we weren't signed to trans connor with. We were sort of like the the underdog group. Okay, but I did it for three years. We released an album independently and toured the Southeast and it was really fun. It was sort of school in learning how to sing and harmonize and really read the kind of music that I have been since.
Speaker 4: So wow, I did not know that it's.
Speaker 5: Pretty embarrassing black pleather pants.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about en G.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it's out there on the interwebs.
Speaker 4: Okay, they see it. I see it.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy. I have to ask because I've asked other people this and they all give kind of an interesting answer because they're all kind of around.
Speaker 2: The same area. How does one write a.
Speaker 6: Song a man?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: I think everyone comes to it differently depending on what their instrument is. Right For me, I I don't. I can write songs just on a guitar by myself, but I much prefer collaborating, you know, so a lot of times I'll be the lyric and top line guy, and then I'll work with the producer and hash it out that way. But lyrics never come first for me. It's always melky like. If I'm listening to a song, I'll I'll go for a run, I'll do something physical where I get out of my head and I'll just hum melodies into my phone. And then I'll listen back later and I'll be like, oh, yep, that's the chorus. Yep, that could be a verse. And then I work backwards and find like phrases and things that fit into it, and sort of like that's my method anyway. It's sort of organically comes together quicker than if I try to like force a this is what it has to be about.
Speaker 4: Right, you know?
Speaker 5: Wow, unless I get it, unless I get a brief from Disney that says you're a you're an octopus who just brobbed a bank, and you're you know, like some kind of you know, because those come through with those animated shows, And then like you got to be very specific with that.
Speaker 6: Right, yes, And do you find I was gonna say, do you find that to be a little bit more difficult because you're you are not in like a super open space, You're kind of more in a specific fig zone.
Speaker 5: I find it'd be easier. I like working within a framework. It's sort of a narrows the monkey brain in and it's like, okay, like here's here's what you can choose from.
Speaker 4: That's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 5: I do like those I'm doing a lot more of that nowadays. I'm just trying to do something that my daughter now will think is cool, you know, because she's not. She doesn't watch any of this dcom stuff from twenty years ago. Yeah, if I can write some songs on one of the shows she's obsessed with.
Speaker 6: You gotta get yourself on some Disney Plus with her and she might be super stoked about it. It is making a comeback like nothing other. Have you felt the wave of nostalgia that has swept with Disney Plus now airing all the d coms that used to be just on the channel. Are you feeling that that nostalgia.
Speaker 5: But a little bit. Yeah, everything comes back around, and yes it's open to a new generation, which is which is cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well you know what I hope comes back around is she's gonna run by new ground.
Speaker 5: Hey you found something.
Speaker 2: We're looking we're looking at.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the YouTube video right here and the picture right here.
Speaker 5: I have no regrets, should you?
Speaker 4: Guys? Regrets? Awesome?
Speaker 1: When you were growing up, who were kind of some of your musical influences?
Speaker 2: I mean, where did you really find your love of music?
Speaker 5: That's good boys to men, baby bassed John b like like early Uh yeah, that that kind of era of stuff is like what I really gravitated toward. Also, uh, Smashing Pumpkins, sound Garden. They're going on like like I was, I was equal parts nineties grunge and like early two thousand's R and B and neo soul too, like like Lauren Hill Music soul child. I just saw him in la like six months ago. It was a great show.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so and yeah and then show twos, So who am I? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You're well rounded. That's what's cool.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's what obviously is amazing for Disney to be able to come to you, and that's where you're able to pull from all of their different genres that you like to be able to give Disney, You're an octopus, Like.
Speaker 5: You're able to do that.
Speaker 1: What's going to rhyme with bank robbery and octopus? Like I'm still I still have that character in my head, like sabbery.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, we obviously can't let this interview go by without bringing up One Tree Hill, which is another iconic.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, oh yeah, we hit it all.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, obviously another iconic TV show with rabid fans. And I gotta know, this is the question who would you say were the most passionate fans, your HSM fans or your One Tree Hill fans.
Speaker 5: My personally, my most passionate fans were my Another Currella Story fans, because that's what people see me on screen and like know that I'm a part of high school musical. I'm sort of been tangentially involved in One Tree Hill. I was on two episodes and one of them I was edited out of completely.
Speaker 4: So oh, no, no way.
Speaker 5: I do One Tree Hill conventions because they'll have me and they're fun. Yeah, but a lot of times people will show up and know me from other things, but they'll be like you were in One Tree Hill, Like what, I gotta go back and watch this, so sort of a blink and you'll miss me situation.
Speaker 6: I feel like you see it a lot when you look up what you've done in your resume and everything.
Speaker 4: So that's shocking. I didn't know it was only one episode. It made it seem like you were on for like.
Speaker 5: A sea I've I've milked it.
Speaker 4: Yes, nice? Why not?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I was in Wilmington about a month ago and played in a charity basketball game with all the cast members and for the twentieth anniversary or maybe.
Speaker 6: Well was that like it was great after so long?
Speaker 5: The fans are rabbit. Well most of the cast too, are like, who are you? What season.
Speaker 4: Was my boy?
Speaker 5: Yes? Yes, ye, he's a he's a he just yeah he just had a kid too, didn't he.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was a good dude, terrific guy, terrific guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah. You know, I've just been kicking around the block and lots of different different places. So One Tree Hill was was a very fun Dawson's Creek was right before that, and that's actually what got me my like sag card and how I became a professional actor. Oh really, so One Tree Hill was my second job right after that. Okay, but uh yeah I'm not I'm not just like Corbyn. I'm not a very good basketball player. A lot of faking.
Speaker 2: It to play basketball.
Speaker 5: Ye, between that and get your head in the game, it's like, it's I gotta learn, it's I have to.
Speaker 6: That just seemed when he said that I was I didn't even believe it for a second. I thought he was completely just trying to Now you telling me you can't really jump rope, which you also did a song in that movie jump in I'm ready you also did a song in that movie, him telling me I wasn't a great like I'm not actually a great double dutcher, Like, okay, I could probably you know that that's got to be hard, and not that basketball is not hard, but it just he did not seem like he wasn't.
Speaker 4: A good one at all. That was that was so weird, strange, strange. All right.
Speaker 1: I hate I hate to do this to you because I know it's like picking between your children.
Speaker 2: But what's your favorite song you've ever written?
Speaker 5: Oh? Man, that's a that's a really hard question. Probably. I released my own album in twenty ten called The Resolution, and Uh, as much as I love all my Disney stuff, there's a couple of songs on there that I like, accept in speech and why can't you say that your mind? I would, I would say, go check out some of that music to see the other side of me. Uh yeah, But yeah, man, that's really hard. I know that's a no.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: That was a great answer, because it's got to be what's personal to you, So I you know that.
Speaker 5: I think New Classic was a really fun one because that really like, yeah, I got to you know. It was in the film and I got to do a music video for it afterwards, and it was a duet with Selena Gomez. Like, how many people get to say they got to do that?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I'm always gonna have that on my resus on my business.
Speaker 4: You got you got to plate frame, you.
Speaker 1: Got to do you got to do it with Selena Gomez And just being able to say that is kind of the coolest thing. Yeah, okay, So another question, then, you've been doing this for so long and you've been doing it with the Channel, have you in your mind come up with your own musical that you've wanted to do for Disney?
Speaker 6: That's a good and tell me why it would be a Christmas movie?
Speaker 5: How do the all these funny things come together? The dance, there's there's downhill skiing who I don't know know. I'm Canadian originally, so maybe some angle of that. Yeah, yeah, no, I I I've been I'm gonna think on that.
Speaker 2: I was running. If you're like, no, I got don't.
Speaker 5: Have ready to go yet.
Speaker 6: But hey, once you get that, you did absolutely contact Disney did.
Speaker 5: Write I did write a Getting the Band Back Together boy band comedy script. Okay, based on that experience of my new Ground experience, but it was a little more raunchy, so I'd have to I'd have to bring it to Disney disneyfy yeah, yeah, but that could be funny. You know. I don't know if I've seen that on the channel specifically. Yeah, very funny.
Speaker 4: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh man, okay, well I have so fun guys. Yeah, no, this has been amazing and we we I have. I have one final question for you here. I know that you came later to to Disney Channel because you're a little older, but when you were growing up, what was your favorite Disney movie.
Speaker 5: Growing up? Probably? Yeah, probably The Lion King or The Little Mermaid beating the Beast. That just yeah, that era, that was That was it? Yeah.
Speaker 6: That is one of my favorite parts of my daughter, who's four now falling in love with Disney is I don't mind that The Little Mermaid is on.
Speaker 4: Three times a day.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite one.
Speaker 6: Of my favorite parts of being a mom to a little kid that is also a Disney kid, and I just those movies I could watch over and over again. I did when I was little, and I am fine doing it again as an adult, that's for sure.
Speaker 5: So fun seeing them being reimagined now too, like live action and just updated. Yes, yes, because the music is still amazing, you know, timeless.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm sorry, I do have another question. I apologize. You want to keep you, We want to keep you on forever.
Speaker 1: What if you could take one part in anything Disney? What would what would you want to play? Because I mean, like Eric, and you know Prince Eric is amazing.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, but I.
Speaker 1: Mean you can you can have any role, any Disney role you want.
Speaker 5: What do you do? Hm? Hmm is Hamilton Disney because it's on Disney Place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll count.
Speaker 5: That'll count. Kind of the King at some point. I've always loved I always think that would be really a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's a great answer. Oh man, Well, thank you so much for joining.
Speaker 4: Seeing you again.
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, this is so fun.
Speaker 4: It's been years.
Speaker 1: Do you have any uh any We're going to go check out obviously new Ground and all the other stuff you're doing, but do you have any uh any.
Speaker 2: New music we could listen to? Any stuff?
Speaker 5: Uh? Yeah, I'm constantly putting stuff out on my my own Spotify, you know, as an artist, and then pitching songs and writing songs for different shows. I just I have a new song on the the Disney Junior iron Man show that's coming up. So yeah, here and there, my name, my name is kicking around. But uh yeah, mostly the last couple of years, I've been more focused on family life. You know, my my daughter's five. Sure times going so fast as you as you are aware too, I'm sure Sabrina is just like, yeah, I want to be here and be president. I miss any of it. So doing a little less professionally but feeling good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 4: I love that. Where can we Where can we stay updated with all your stuff? You said Spotify? Yes, on Instagram?
Speaker 5: Instagram?
Speaker 4: What's your handle on YouTube?
Speaker 5: Is just my name just Andrew Seely, So that's probably the best place.
Speaker 2: And sorry, tell me you're tell me the album you did in twenty ten.
Speaker 1: One more time.
Speaker 5: So I want to called the Resolution, Okay, cool?
Speaker 2: I want to listen to those songs.
Speaker 4: Perfect.
Speaker 5: Yeah, really a pleasure talking to you guys.
Speaker 4: You as well.
Speaker 2: I hope you don't mind. We're going to have you back at some point. So we got a lot looking.
Speaker 5: Forward, took about sounds good.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Drew, Bye guys, Bye, yeah. I mean, well you're you're one, so I mean, you're a triple threat. But I couldn't imagine having that much talent where it's just like I'm gonna sing, I'm gonna dance, I'm gonna write a song, I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's he oozes.
Speaker 4: It, he oozes talent he has.
Speaker 6: I mean, I like, even on the Channel, he didn't even get as much as they did use him for so much they like he said, they sort of it seemed like pinhold him into just being a music artist and head him.
Speaker 2: A little dirty, a little bit because.
Speaker 4: Hainey bit I would say.
Speaker 6: I mean, I just don't think they necessarily used him as much as they could have in the sense of, you know, but you got to think too, I mean, he looked so much like maybe not now when you just saw him, but when he was younger, he definitely had that same look of the of the zach Effron and yeah, and so that might.
Speaker 4: Have been what it is. But he he was a great actor, a great dancer.
Speaker 6: Like there's just so much he had so much talent at that time that I don't think that they tapped into all of it, you know.
Speaker 1: And it's also but just with I mean, how his age now, he's age and talent, he's perfect musical Disney dad.
Speaker 4: Oh first, how do you cast that.
Speaker 1: Guy first in some huge thing and then go cast this kid? I mean, how is that guy not in in the you know, any of the zombie movies or any of the stuff we've seen before.
Speaker 6: Totally there's still time though, well, I mean, like he said, he's it sounds like he's you know, and I can I can appreciate it because I definitely did that when I first had Monroe, and this was my first opportunity to really jump back and feel like I'm back in the industry in some sort of taking the time and just kind of wanting to be a dad.
Speaker 4: Because his life, as you can see, I mean, he was going on the tours, he was getting put into different things. They were pulling at him.
Speaker 6: They just didn't put him in like a you know, starring you know, and and taking him into the world and the next TV shows in that next level. But he was working for at least a decade and a half NonStop, you know, And so I love that he's he's done that with his daughter and had that time and you know, I doubt that's the last we're going to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully, Yeah in one of the one of the kind of Descendants movies or something coming out. How do you not make that guy one of the princes And it's like he's the dad of whoever?
Speaker 2: I mean, my god, Yeah, it's perfect, he's perfect.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you Drew Silly for joining us, and thank you everybody for joining us for our Park Copper episode.
Speaker 4: What cool.
Speaker 1: I wanted to talk to him for a while, so that was that was really neat, just to kind of hear a different career Disney wise, right, Yeah, And.
Speaker 6: It was interesting to see that he said they were we're trying to find this this timeline of what happened with the first high School Musical. It seems like they must have been rehearsing or at least filming a little bit before and then they pulled them to record, so we know that they were pulled. It wasn't initially done before anything.
Speaker 1: So that's because I don't think anybody knew what the hell high School Musical was going to be until.
Speaker 2: It it was, and then it was wow explosion exactly.
Speaker 4: We keep getting more and more info on that and that's so cool.
Speaker 5: Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: As we get the info, we're of course going to keep giving it to you. So thank you everybody for joining us, and uh yeah, we'll see you over on our other feed. As we keep watching some movies, some lately have been amazing, some haven't not so much.
Speaker 6: But not one with Drew Sealey, I'll tell you that they've all been great.
Speaker 2: You get Drew in there, you got a good film. So thanks everybody for joining us, and we will see you next time.
Speaker 4: Bye bye