Speaker 1: I Am all In.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's us you.
Speaker 3: I Am all In with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast, Hey.
Speaker 4: Everybody, Scott Patterson, I Am all In Podcast one eleven productions, iHeartRadio, iHeart Media, iHeart Podcast Pop Culture Episode Seen seven, Episode twenty one, Onto the.
Speaker 1: Breach, I'm here joined by my intrepid crew, Susanne and French Danielle, Roma, Tara Suit, Amy Sugarman, I Heeart Podcasts.
Speaker 5: Listen on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We are off to the races, Susanne take us away all right.
Speaker 6: Luke talks with Liz about loralized karaoke performance, and Liz says, Okay, I Will Always Love You is not a sappy song, It's classic. Cindy Lauper. Cindy Lauper is a singer and songwriter known for her image and variety of hair colors and eccentric clothing. Her top songs include Girls Just Want to Have Fun, Time after Time, she Bop and All through the Night.
Speaker 3: She Bop is a classic that a lot of people don't mention. You know what is another classic that a lot of people don't mention. Good enough fool me good Enough from the Goonies.
Speaker 1: I like that movie.
Speaker 6: Did you know? Cindy Lauper is a fan of professional wrestling and frequently casts pro wrestlers in her music videos.
Speaker 1: Tara, you're up all right?
Speaker 7: So Rory calls Lorlia with some news. Rory says, Hey, you're not going to believe this. Okay, hold on, believe what Milan Condera is speaking at our graduation. Laurai says, oh, Rory says, what, You're not a big Condera fan? Melon coonderas a novelist, and his best known work being The Unbearable Lightness of Being And did you know? In nine seventy five, Milan Kundera left his hometown of Czechoslovakia for France for what was supposed to be a short stint, and then did not go back. The Communist government stripped his citizenship in nineteen seventy nine, and he ended up becoming a French citizen in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: I don't think he was disappointed that the Communist government stripped him of his citizenship.
Speaker 5: It was like, good, I'll do this song because it debunks mine. Justin Timberlakeman. Anyways, Taylor gives Kirk the Florida Explain Kirk in a box, Miss Patty says, and what exactly is Kirk in a box? Kirk says, I will be suspended twenty feet above the street in a clear, looseight box with no food or water. Laureli says, oh like David Blaine. David Blaine is a magician and mentalist from New York City, gaining prominence in nineteen ninety seven when his TV special David Blaine Street Magic aired on EBC. Did you know? He is known for his dangerous stunts, and in two thousand and eight, he attempted to break the Guinness World Record for whole breath holding. He succeeded in holding his breath for seventeen minutes and four seconds, setting a new one. Is that possible?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean can you be alive?
Speaker 1: I mean oxygen?
Speaker 2: After that? It is alive.
Speaker 1: So if he if he trained at altitude and his minutes, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow, threw new lung cells? Can that happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, Yeah, that's what happens when you moved out. You know, if you move above five six thousand feet, your lungs will generate new cells.
Speaker 3: My brain is learning new things because of menopause. Okay, is it my turn?
Speaker 2: It is. It's true.
Speaker 4: My whole brain is like like a medical show at this point, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like Chris gets a message on his phone at Rory's graduation party, standing next to Lorelai. Oh, it's the babies that are checking to see if Gigi can watch an hour of I don't think she's ready for Pussycat Dolls.
Speaker 2: I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: The Pussycat Dolls were a girl group founded in nineteen ninety five in La by Robin Anton as a burlesque group. The most famous singer was Nicole Scherzinger. They achieved success with the singles don't You SYNDI with You and Buttons is that putting all My button?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 2: And don't you.
Speaker 5: Don't you wish your coir friend list? Huh like me?
Speaker 2: Don't you don't you?
Speaker 3: The group decided to take a break in twenty ten to pursue individual projects, reunited after nearly a decade apart in twenty nineteen and embarked on a reunion tour.
Speaker 2: I have no memory of that either. Wow, okay, okay.
Speaker 6: Laurai, Emily, and Richard discussed the speaker after Rory's graduation. Laura I says, maybe it's just a cultural thing. Maybe Milan Kundera is like the Robin Williams of the Czech Republic. Emily says, with that voice so soporific, it was as if you were trying to perform a mass hypnosis. Laura I says, well, we should hurry up if we want to get good seats to watch Rory get her diploma. Emily says, my point is, with all the potential speakers out there, why choose someone so dull? Laura I says, you know, for a while Rory said they were considering Henry Winkler. That would have been meat. Who do you mean Henry Kissinger? Not unless he played the fawns. That was a funny line. Robin Williams was an iconic actor and comedian known for his improvisational skills and the wide variety of characters he created. Henry Winkler is a distinguished actor and is widely known for his role as Arthur Phonsie Fonzarelli on Happy Days.
Speaker 3: I jump in and tell you guys, something quite interesting about Henry Winkler being mentioned with Robin Williams in this No Sorry guy, Morgan Mindy, which is sort of what really made Robin Williams go into you know, superstar status was a spin off of Happy Days, and Robin Williams scenes were all with mostly Henry Winkler and Ron Howard in Happy Days.
Speaker 2: So just saying, yep, just saying.
Speaker 6: That is true. Henry Kissinger was a diplomat and political scientist who served as the United States Secretary of State from nineteen seventy three to nineteen seventy seven. Did you know that while Phonsie was known for his motorcycle on Happy Days, Henry Winkler actually only rode the bike for about seventeen seconds. At one point, Henry was on the sound stage on the bike, with his only job being to rev the engine and take the bike about five feet. He ended up crashing the cycle and never truly never rode it again.
Speaker 2: But let me tell you guys something. He did the water skime.
Speaker 3: So you know in the famous or infamous episode of jumping the shark.
Speaker 2: Now, they would not let him jump.
Speaker 3: The shark because that was too dangerous, but he did all the rest of the water skiing because he grew up water skiing.
Speaker 2: Come on, yes, yes, Henry Winkler.
Speaker 3: Also, may I say for those wondering Henry Winkler's likely And I think I've said this before. The nicest person you will ever meet, likely.
Speaker 1: I met somebody even nicer. Ron Howard, John Ritter.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, Henry Winkler's best friend.
Speaker 2: It totally makes sense.
Speaker 1: Just yeah.
Speaker 6: I cried and cried when John Ritter died. It was very awful.
Speaker 3: He could not have been nicer. Also, but I will say I think it's a neck and neck. I think it's neck and neck between Ron Howard, Henry Winkler, John Ridder, all three of whom are like great friends.
Speaker 1: Birds of a feather, birds of a feather.
Speaker 3: That's why all of us are such good friends, because we're all caustic and snarky and sarcasm. Emily is having a hard time with her faulty chair at Rory's graduation. Emily, your chair is fine. Just don't lean, says Richard.
Speaker 2: I have to lean.
Speaker 3: This woman keeps rocking back and forth. It's like sitting behind Ray Charles.
Speaker 5: I was so messed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look I understand it because Ray Charles did do that while he was playing music, but it was it jarred me.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: He was the butt of all of those blind it was either Stevie Wonder or Ray Charles with a butt of all of the blind jokes when I was growing up, And I think, you know, if you can take anything positive from it, which is difficult, is that they were so famous. They were so ubiquitously famous. Yeah, because they were so talented.
Speaker 3: So have you seen Stevie Wonder when he's driving the car, he literally, who is that with? It's like with Ellen Degenerous or somebody like that, and he's fully driving. Ray Charles was a pianist and blue singer known for the nineteen sixties hit Georgia On. I mean, he's about one million times more than that, but.
Speaker 2: That's all right.
Speaker 3: Ray Charles lost his sight at the age of seven, and doctors later suggested suggested that juvenile glaucoma had caused his blindness. Oh god, terrible, Well on that terrible note. That's like, we need to come up with something good to say.
Speaker 2: We can't end on that.
Speaker 3: That's the second to last pop culture, second to last, except for.
Speaker 2: We will do pop culture with the movies.
Speaker 3: So it's the second to last of the first run of the series.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Blah.
Speaker 4: When did we start this podcast? Like nineteen forty three, this thing has been running.
Speaker 1: We start this in the early.
Speaker 3: Forties, twenty did we start this in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Or twenty twenty one, twenty one?
Speaker 3: And I know we tell this story all the time, but I still love why Scott got stuck with us.
Speaker 5: Like zero dollars to pay anyone.
Speaker 2: Else We have no money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but hey, that's you know, to my benefit, and I think, yeah, the big.
Speaker 3: Bosses, first of all, right, let me tell you another story, Scott.
Speaker 4: I think that's why it's lasted so long is because you guys bring such great observations and personality and great varying personalities to the whole thing.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: It's fun another funny story. So we had to go to like the big bosses at iHeart to be like, hey, we want to do this Gilmore Girls show, Scott Patterson blah blah.
Speaker 2: And they didn't say no.
Speaker 3: They were like, okay, yes, and like they gave us the money we needed and they like did the deal and the whole thing, but they definitely were like, we don't think it's gonna be that popular. And then they said to me, if you do this show, like they made me take on this other show. We'll let you do your guilt, your little Gilmore girls.
Speaker 2: Idea write something to that effect.
Speaker 3: But I'm like fine, Like I was like, I'll do what ever it takes, right, So now I have.
Speaker 2: To do double the work for zero dollars, right, like I'm zero zero.
Speaker 3: So then this show launches and it launched huge, like huge, and Daniel, do you remember everyone texting us and being like, oh my god, the skillmar Girl's thing is like doing so great, Like what do you need from us?
Speaker 2: How can we help? What do you need? This is great? Like do this do like keep going, keep going, And we're like, hashtag we told you who's.
Speaker 5: Scott doing the episodes with? We're like, yo, Scott's looking at them. That was like n of our sales calls in the first year. Oh that's amazing. Who's Scott's co host? And we're like this is very awkward.
Speaker 2: My gosh, man, like the quarners of my mind.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna we're gonna get so nostalgic Nexican, You're going to.
Speaker 1: Get misty right now.
Speaker 2: This is not We're never going to get Missy. By the way, everyone listening here's what we'll tell you.
Speaker 3: We are working on some ideas because I've seen him asking on Instagram too, like what's going to happen, let's go. We're coming back with some ideas that we think you're really gonna love. And what we will tell you is you will not be getting rid of any of us.
Speaker 1: So we're.
Speaker 2: Getting ready.
Speaker 4: And then now tell all of your drives to and from work or during work when you can get.
Speaker 1: Away with it, and your workouts and your workouts and.
Speaker 3: Your household chores like vacuuming dusty laundry.
Speaker 4: There's a really good chance that we're gonna continue to give you some great content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and tell your friends. Let's bring in some new friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right anyway. All right, So that's going to wrap it up. That's the good news. That's the story.
Speaker 1: That's all the news that's fit to print right now.
Speaker 4: Thank you, ladies, Thank you to the best fans on the planet. We love you, we need you, we miss you, and just remember we and I I'm all in. We We'll see you next time. Stay safe everyone, Hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In Podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.