Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, time for your prank phone call. And for the last two years, a guy in our city has been running a successful food truck. We're talking five star reviews, lots of return customers. Things are going really well, except for one tiny headache. He recently complained to his wife. The city is making things tough around him. Oh, kind of makes sense, whether they're jacking up fees or different types of rules and permits, whatever it may be. I think it's time that he gets a call from the FEU. What's that? That's the made up government agency, the Food Enforcement Unit. In your phone tap right.
Speaker 2: Now, Brook and Jeffrey's phone taps on the twenties.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, sir am I speaking to Jared. Yes, this names Officer Dottie Higgins from the city Food Code Enforcement Unit.
Speaker 4: OO Code Enforcement.
Speaker 3: That's right f you woh f me, No, sir, f EU Food Enforcement Unit.
Speaker 4: I thought you said something, Nils, But what is this regarding.
Speaker 3: I can see if you could listen from your previous actions with your food truck that you could give two craps about how your food affects this city's population. What Oh, we have you clocked because last week when you were atre plaza, Okay, turns out your food truck was parked five inches off the curb.
Speaker 4: Huh, what the hell do they have to do with anything?
Speaker 3: You and I both know you're supposed to be eight to ten.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not out there with a tape measure. Oh, I'm sorry, but I just need to know. How does that affect anything that the food enforcement cold people need to know about?
Speaker 3: Wow, it affects everything, thank you very much. Because the smell of your garlic fries wafted in the park and a public nuisance, a public that's right. We got a complaint from a seventy three year old woman who said she couldn't sit on her favorite bench because of the smell.
Speaker 4: This is ridiculous. It's a food truck. It's going to smell like food.
Speaker 3: Okay, tough guy, Okay, So public well being is ridiculous to you now, Huh.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's just it's I don't know why you're laughing. It's just so nick piggy. I mean, if you wanted me to move my truck.
Speaker 3: You know what, you listen to me, because we're beyond that, sir, We are well beyond that. The next time we see your truck out and about, you are subject to potential in pounds.
Speaker 4: You know what's this city high at this new mayor, everything went the hell you're calling me about moving my trucks three matches? How can you imagined three inches from that far away?
Speaker 3: I knew you'd be one to blame somebody else, But sir, it is eight to ten inches. We've gone over there.
Speaker 4: At this point, I might as well shut the whole damn thing down.
Speaker 3: Let's not go there, Let's not get crazy.
Speaker 4: I'm going there. What's the point if it's city regulations on this street?
Speaker 3: Wow, let's all take a deep breath, because maybe I can find some wiggle room for you.
Speaker 4: What does that supposed to mean? Wiggle room?
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. Rumor is on Reddit that you make a mean crispy chicken sandwich. If you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So what?
Speaker 3: So what you can't see me winking? I'm winking right now, mean crispy chicken sandwich? Wink?
Speaker 4: So what what is the weekends? Both mean what? You want me to stop serving that too?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're not getting it, actually just the opposite. Maybe let Officer Dottie over here, sample it for free. Huh, and then we pretend this conversation never happened. Excuse me, that's right. I'll rip up that garlic f I saitation faster than you can blink. Okay, and the parking ticket too. Shoot, will even pop some handcuffs on that old wind bag that complained about you, and just be on our web. No harm, no foul am I right?
Speaker 4: Okay? So now you want me to food to bribe you.
Speaker 3: Oh sir, We're not using those type of words, aren't we.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is it?
Speaker 4: What? What else is it?
Speaker 3: I think it's absolutely nothing, because remember this call never happened.
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm gonna report you. What was your name again? You're getting reported?
Speaker 3: No, sir, you've been reported.
Speaker 4: Well no, no, I'm reporting you now.
Speaker 3: But that's not how this works. You can't be reported and then you report me, and then I report you again. That just doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: Watch how it goes. I'm gonna make it make sense.
Speaker 3: I don't think you're listening, Okay, as long as we can just schedule a delivery of two to three of those babies once a week at no charge to me, I'm not even looking in your direction.
Speaker 4: I hope this call is recorded. You aren't storting me out of my food. You know what?
Speaker 3: You got something right? Finally, sir, because this call is definitely being recorded. Good, it's being courted for the radio station. Because this is actually Brooke from Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning doing a phone tap.
Speaker 4: On You know.
Speaker 3: Your wife, Evie set you up for a prank phone call, she says. She listens, and he wanted to make you laugh because running a food truck is not easy business.
Speaker 2: Oh I can't believe I was so happy I can laugh about this now because that was about to ruin my whole day.
Speaker 3: The FEU is not messing around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you for real, Brook In Jeffrey's phone taps on the twenties