Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one, What's Right with Nick Right live from Trinadge in Harlem, New York's premier women's boutique, alongside my lovely daughter Diora, fresh off a trip to see couple universities and California. Just spell it all, my big Well, that's where we were this week, and that's why you were not here on Tuesday. I have to tell the audience why you were not here Tuesday. Not here today in Los Angeles is our Concieri of the show. Second in command, Matt Ford. Matt is out either on personal business or on business business. But I do have to say one thing before we get in today. Show me the huge show the Heat beat the Celtics last night, as predicted by me, once again just rolling in correct predictions. I've gotten two things wrong these NBA playoffs. The Warriors beating the Kings I got wrong, and the Celtics beating the Sixers I got wrong, Which is interesting because both of those series I picked them to go seven games. And the reason it for me to be wrong this postseason it took literally the two highest scoring game seven performances in NBA history, Steph's fifty against the Kings and then Tatum's fifty one against the Sixers. But that's neither here nor there. What I was trying to get to is we're gonna get into that Game two of Nuggets Lakers tonight, the absolutely bananas expectations for Victor win. Minyamo all that, But first a note on Matt Ford. So here's a text I get from Matt Ford a few days ago, yesterday, actually nine thirty in the morning. Just fyi, Rafa meaning Rafa Nadal is plus six point fifty to win the French on fan duel. Right now, here's the breaking news alert I get from the New York Times. Ten minutes ago, Rafa Nadal said he would withdraw from the French Open because of a core muscle injury. Thanks for that betting tip, Matt Ford. He gave me an injured player the first piece of gambling advice Matt's ever tried to give me, to try to pay me back for all the great picks I've given him, and the guy withdraws due to injury. However, that is not the story today. The stories, of course the NBA playoffs. But before we get to that, here's what missed the cut. The PGA Championship already underway, Deora, the battle for the Wanamaker Trophy. The probably the least.
Speaker 3: It's like a character in like a Star Wars movie.
Speaker 2: Well it's not. It's the four. It's the least prestigious of all the majors, in all the golf majors. But it's still one of the four majors. Aaron Judge accused of cheating. He was not cheating, and d Loo knocking down shots with ladders in his way seemed a little dangerous. Also, whatever his pregame routine for well, and I don't know if we can roll this video or not, because right now it's just a still shit there it is, there's the latter. The problem is Delo. Whatever he did in the pregame, he shouldn't do before Game two because he was probably the worst laker in Game one. But we don't want to start out west. We want to start out east with the Heat Celtics game diora go right ahead, okay?
Speaker 3: Playoff Jimmy Wrin circles around the Celtics last night, and he had more He has more than earned his spot in Club Superstar. You followed a few incredible Heat playoff runs. Is this the most impressive one?
Speaker 2: Well, it's the most improbable. And so here's the deal I had been. If you watch the TV show or this show, you know that with a couple weeks left in the season, I was making the case that the Celtics were potentially in trouble as the two seed because Miami had not caught Brooklyn to get up to the sixth line. They were the seventh seed. They were gonna be playing Boston and around, and I thought the Heat had legitimate potential to beat Boston in Round one of the playoffs. That there is a massive difference between playoff Jimmy and regular season Jimmy and I didn't care that they looked like a mediocre team all year. They could be dangerous. But then they lost their first play in game to the Hawks. Fell to the do or die part of the play in almost lost that one. And then they're playing Milwaukee and even iyes someone that respects Heat culture and playoff. Jimmy did not think they could beat Giannis for the second time in four postseasons, but then Giannis got hurt, and then even when he came back, Jimmy Butler was absolutely sensational and they beat them. Since then, I've picked them in every round. Now. An eight seed getting to the NBA Finals, we've only seen it once. That was in the ninety nine to fifty game season with the New York Knicks, who actually beat the one seeded Heat to get there. This would be the most improbable of the Heat Finals runs. But we have to recognize that Jimmy Butler is one of the most unique players in NBA history because we have seen the bizarro version of Butler a ton of times in our lives. The guys who are unbelievable regular season performers and then fall off significantly come the postseason. We are used to those players, and in fact, the Celtics in the previous round played the poster child of that in James Harden and a guy who unfortunately is starting to build that resume up himself as well in Joel Embiid. Guys that are Harden at his apex was a consensus top three player in the league in the regular season and then was not a top ten guy come the postseason. Embeed in back to back to back years has been first or second in MVP voting, and in none of those years has been a top ten playoff guy. Jimmy Butler, on the other hand, was not even an All Star this year and has been the best player in the Eastern Conference side of the bracket the entirety of the postseason, so that should not be surprising. Here's the other thing that should not be surprising. Man Joe Missoula is not ready for this. Okay, he just isn't. Maybe he will be, but he's thirty four years old and he was not being groomed to be the head coach. The Celtics last year had Emi Udoka, who had stepped in for Brad Stevens. Udoka was a rookie head coach. He actually did an awesome job, and they had a deep bench of coaches in Damon Stottemeyer and will Hardy. Well Stottameyer's gone. Hardy gets poached to go be the head coach of the Jazz and then Udoka has to you know, get suspended and then has to essentially resign Slashby fired due to scandal. So the Celtics are left scrambling. It would be as if don't take this the wrong way, baby, as if we're doing this show and all of a sudden, Demanse, who had been doing it with me for a year, gets hired by the ringer to go host his own show, and then out of nowhere, I have to resign in disgrace. And they're like, uh, Diora, I guess you're doing it one day, maybe you'd be ready. Maybe well, it's just it would be too much, too soon, it would not And you were like, okay, so I need to just do this thing solo for an hour every you would you would not have gotten the training or the experience to be good at it. And that's the and now what you have is Missoula up against the best coach in the sport. He's varied his postgame press conference yesterday. It was detached from reality. Yes, the third quarter flipped the game, but the idea that the Celtics that the fourth quarter was not a huge prime to them as well is not true to fact. He kept not on think he was meaning to, but he was by default blaming his players. He's like, we were well prepared, we had a plan. We've sid next few. That's putting it on your players. During the forty six point third quarter by Miami, he called no timeouts. He's not ready for this. And then there's the Celtic superstar Jason Tatum, who's coming off the best game of his life, the fifty one in Game seven, who takes zero shots in the fourth quarter and has three horrible crunch time turnovers, a pass right to Jimmy Butler and then back to back traveling violation.
Speaker 3: We're definitely going over time today.
Speaker 2: I don't know that we are.
Speaker 3: And I would just like to point out you said that you said that Jimmy is the most unique, huh, And you know you usually like to correct me on my grammar, but unique isn't something that you're the most at you're the unique or you're not.
Speaker 2: So are you sure about that? Or is this the setting you up?
Speaker 3: I'm completely sure being you're not the most unique. Being unique is being different from others. You're not the most different from others. That's not really it doesn't really work. Now you could admit you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, if I'm wrong, I will admit I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: No, you won't.
Speaker 2: No, hold on a second, here, you so hold on? I just can you be the most unique? So let me uh. The word unique means unlike any other, the only one of its kind. It is an absolute condition, There is no comparative form, and takes no adjectives. Thus you are wrong. Can't not be so unique, the most unique, or any other kind of unique? Okay, I am wrong. That is a great job by you. Also, that means the word is used incorrectly all the time. Really no, no, because I don't think people use it to mean one of a kind.
Speaker 3: No, you can say someone's very unique. You can't say that.
Speaker 2: I can't. That's no. No.
Speaker 3: But you can say you're very like No.
Speaker 2: You can't. It literally says takes no adjectives.
Speaker 3: No, your name it your name is very unique.
Speaker 2: Like that. But oh my gosh, you were right for a moment. Now we have to move on. But you were right for a moment, and now you're you're going against exactly what you just taught me. That's the point I'm making, which is, evidently you can't be very unique or so unique, you're just unique. That's weird. Okay, let's keep it moving. As I was saying, I'm not ready to move on yet, I'm still talking about things you're over here trying to.
Speaker 3: I think I think you can be I think we can go on to the next one.
Speaker 2: No, we actually can't. And so Bruce Sard and I on the TV show got into not a heated argument, but uh real back and forth about who would you rather have for this series, Tatum or Butler? And if you are ranking NBA players at large, Tatum of course would be ranked ahead of Butler because of what he does over the course of an entire season, But come the postseason, I don't. And it's not because Jimmy or Tatum's not a good postseason performer. I don't know how you could argue there's almost any wing in the league right now you'd rather have than Jimmy Butler in the playoffs. He's a great defender. He plays forty four minutes. He's tough as nails, and he gets buckets, and he's a terrible three point shooter that come the playoffs finds a way to hit him. In the last four years, he's tied with Luca for the most forty point postseason games, with eight of them. He had zero in the regular season. Last night he had thirty five points was it, six assists, seven rebound, six steals. He is He joins Iverson and MJ as the only guys in playoff history with multiple thirty five, five, five and five games in the postseason. His other one was in the finals against Lebron and then Dior. Lastly, before we do move on, there is there is the issue of your brother here. He's gonna be very, very upset.
Speaker 3: We should start cheering him up now.
Speaker 2: Then I don't know how we do.
Speaker 3: Send them money.
Speaker 2: You want to know something, Oh, he's gonna be mad at me about this. I don't care. I'm gonna tell him. I text him Tuesday before the POD. I was like, I got a surprise for you, buddy. He's like, what's that? Oh, No, I said, I think I'm gonna I said, I think I'm going to buy you a ticket to Lakers Nuggets Game three, and he texts back, He's like, oh my god, thank you so much. That would be really I'm like, yeah, He's like, that would be so amazing because it's on a Saturday. He could go and be perfect. You know. He text me back, He's gonna be mad at me here, sorry, pal, text me back like thirty minutes later, He's like, I really appreciate the offer, and I'd love to go. But if you just want to send me the money that that ticket caught would cost instead, that'd be cool too. Like, no, man, I'm not offering you cash, I'm offering you an experience. So I mean, I think he's he was very very confident, as most Celtics fans were going into this series. The problem is that Heat have the best player in Jimmy Butler, and it's a one versus thirty coaching matchup. All right, now we can move on what's next.
Speaker 3: So, despite losing, you say you've never felt more confident about the Lakers. Yeah. Jokic ended with a triple double and then stole the ball from Lebron to close it out. Yeah, maybe you saw a different game than we did. But how did losing actually how was losing actually winning in your mind?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the deal. I thought the Lakers would win Game one, so I was I was wrong about that. That's the first Laker game I've gotten wrong this postseason. The streak is over. It's very sad after getting twelve correct in a row. But and people were because I tweeted something similar to this, and people were like, oh, moral vicctories. Here's what I think some people don't understand about the postseason. No, there are not moral victories, but there are also not actual victories except for winning the series. It is first to four, and each slice of that pie is harder to acquire than the previous and so early in a series. Yes, of course you want to stack win steel, home court, all of that, But what you really want to do, at least what I like to do, is someone that's going to evaluate and look at it is, say, okay, who has advantages? Where what adjustments can be made and what is sustainable? What the Lakers succeeded at to me, almost all of it except for shooting fifty percent from three, But they only made eleven was sustainable. They got easy shot after easy shot after easy shot. Lebron didn't have to sweat to get nearly a thirty point triple double ad at the quietest forty. Now, He's not gonna score forty every night that I can remember, and it's because the Nuggets do not have the personnel to guard the Lakers. Conversely, is what the Nuggets did sustainable, some of it, but not all of it. Jamal Murray is a very good player. He is not going to shoot sixty percent in this series. He is, on the other hand, going to be forced to defend, and I don't think he can. Jokic is great, undeniable. However, through three quarters he had that what Mark Jackson called or Van Gundy one of the two one of the greatest playoff games he has ever seen. That level of play is not going to sustain over the next four games. It wasn't even able to sustain over the fourth quarter, where he was essentially shut out. Turn the ball over. It didn't make a basket. Jokic. And this is where the broadcast was like, Oh, if you haven't watched jokicic, this is what he does. No, it's not I have watched Jokic and he's excellent, but some context. Game one, first game of his playoff career. He took multiple threes without a miss career, second most rebounds of his playoff career, second most assists of his playoff career, the highest kind of catch all stat game score, the highest game score in victory of his entire playoff career. So, even by his lofty standards, that was arguably one of, if not the greatest postseason game of his career, and he did it all through three quarters. What else is not sustainable? The Jokics three at the end of the third quarter and the Murray long two from the same spot at the end of the shot clock. Those are one in fifteen shots, and they made them both. Now you can say Austin Reeves banked in a three, but also Michael Porter Junior hit a stupid one from the corner. Those two cancel each other out. The Jokich Murray those two shots not sustainable. The Lakers had their worst defensive half of the playoffs, and despite that, had the ball with forty five seconds left, down three, with the ball in Lebron's hands, and he missed. Listen, Lebron at the end of the game, missed about a twelve footer, missed that three and two, the ball over, and so the Lakers could have stolen that game. But I see some replicable things the Lakers can build off of. And the fact that down eleven with a second left in the third and Jokic hits that stupid shot to put the Lakers down fourteen, the fact that they didn't just say okay, not our night and fold their hand to me is indicative of a team that truly believes we have real edges here. We are going to be able to score at will in this series. And that is not what the Lakers' strength is is scoring. The strength is defense. So all of that is to me reason for real optimism going into tonight's game and going into the rest of the series.
Speaker 3: Interesting, go ahead, No, just like losing is winning is like a very unique, very very unique take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's not that losing is winning, oh.
Speaker 3: And very it's an adverb. I feel like it could go in between.
Speaker 2: Okay, again, you're now contradicting your own correction of me. But that's fine. The pardon me. The point that I am not saying it was better for them to lose than to win. What I am saying is there are certain times that in a long playoff series, you feel like in the very beginning, oh, we have figured things out. The example I used on the TV show that I'll use again is the twenty fifteen Finals Warriors Calves Game three that the Calves and Lebron won. At the end of that game, the Warriors figured some stuff out with Iguadala on the court that led to the winning the next three games. And while I don't think that putting Rui on Jokic is this catch all cure all like some of the media does, I do think that is an interesting wrinkle. I think they will put Lebron on Jokic occasionally to let ad roam. And I think the Lakers can throw a lot of different looks at the Nuggets defensively to try to cause some problems. I do not think the Nuggets have the personnel to slow down the Lakers offensively, and I don't think the Nuggets are gonna score one thirty three more times in the series. All right, next, Okay.
Speaker 3: Draymond said that the Warriors will still be in the playoffs if he didn't If he didn't punch pull Pool in October. Sorry, I don't know what just happened to him.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Steve Kerr also said there was some trust loss, but he confirmed Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: No, that that's that. That is not your fault. That was a Ron Burgundy moment. That was the script auto corrected that to Thanksgiving, and you were just reading what was in front of you, So don't worry about that. He confirmed that the team needs to Draymond to win titles. That's what he confirmed.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, now, bottom line, do the Warriors need to need to out need to put up with Draymond our script?
Speaker 2: Yeah, listen that. By the way, I don't know who in the in the back did that, but thank you. This is bad. This is what you get for trying to correct my grammar. Is all of a sudden, the script goes hey wire on you. Also, I asked you right before the show if we need to go over anything, and you were like, no, Gabe, and I did that. We're just fine. I probably could have caught that for you, but don't worry about it. Actually, as we're going, here's the deal. The Warriors are stuck. They're stuck for a bunch of different reasons. And we are going along today and we've talked a lot about the Warriors, but one of the reasons is this. They do need Draymond back, but they need him back at a discount. But there is no chance they can ask Draymond to take less than what they're paying Jordan Poole, who was unplayable in the postseason, and they can't pay him more than Jordan Poole at thirty two million a year, So they probably have to trade Jordan Poole, and they will be trading him at his absolute idea when it comes to his trade value. None of that is a recipe for an aging team coming off a bad season to get back to contention. So listen, all year long, I said the Draymond punch and the fact that he wasn't actually punched, it was as big of a story as one could imagine, and people thought people thought that I was making too big of a deal of it. He and Kerr acknowledged that of course, knocking out your teammate, having the entire world see it, and having the team then say we can't punish the guy because that would mean he misses ring Knight was going to have real impact on a team's ability to compete for a championship. All right, last.
Speaker 3: Okay, the Spurs won the draft lottery, their prize Wimby. Now that we know where he's going, it's time to plant your flag on the Frenchman. Is he the next can't miss number one pick? Or is he just another over hype foreign born player.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I don't think he's an you know, I don't think he's Frederick Weiss. I don't think he's an over hyped, you know, foreign born player. I understand why there's this hype surrounding him. He's seventy five. He's a seven to five guard. Essentially, the health is an obvious concern for anyone in NBA history taller than seven to three. We've talked about it. Injuries have been a huge part of their career, so that's a concern. But set that aside, Set the health stuff aside. The hype, though, has now gotten to an insane place. And this is not me being anti Victor Winbinyama. But when woj comes on TV and says multiple league executives believe by his third year he could be the league's best offensive and the league's best defensive player, what you're saying is there's only one player in league history that that's been true of Kareem. And Kareem played four years of college basketball at UCLA and was an adult by then. Wimby is nineteen coming from a league in Europe. The idea that they believe he's going to be Kareem that is too much, flatly, And I did this thought exercise on the t Sorry you were I know, I don't mean I didn't like on the show yesterday and I said, okay, let's just go the last thirty years, number the best number one picks. Here's how you would rank them. I'm not going to do all thirty, but the top six Lebron Won, Duncan, two, Shack three a d four Iverson, five, Dwight. Six of those guys right now, who do you think he'll have a better career than? And Brussard said, forget Ad, Dwight and Iverson. If Win Binyama doesn't have a better career than a Keem Elajuan, he's a disappointment. Well, that's unfair. If the expectations are If he does not become one of the eight greatest players in the history of basketball, he's a disappointment. It's unfair, and people have said, well, that's what we did. The expectations were of Lebron and that has haunted him. The fact that he has lived up to them does not mean it hasn't been an anvil around his the entirety of his career. Lebron is still twenty years in held to an impossible standard. So yes, of course I would take wimby number one. I do think he profiles as the best prospect since Lebron. Not the best prospect ever, but the best prospect since Lebron. But if we are saying if Victor Winbinyama wins three rings and two MVPs, we're gonna say that's a disappointing career. Brew on the show yesterday said, if he's Kevin Durant, it's a disappointment. That's crazy. That just strikes me as unfair. Go ahead, No, it strikes me as just an unfair expectation. And I know I said we'll leave the injury stuff aside. That tall. The injury concern is not a well, yeah, anybody can get hurt type of concern. It is a real, omnipresent concern. Note from producer Matt Ford, who says he was refunded his bet when Rafa withdrew. So while I now withdraw my defamatory comments, I won't, Matt. And here's why you, lovable dufas you thought ostensibly that plus six point fifty was good value for Rafa, instead of thinking, Wow, why is he plus six fifty? Is it possibly because he's dealing with a significant injury, And the fact that he ended up having to withdraw due to the injury just means we're lucky it was as significant as it was because it was five percent better and he tried to fight through it and gets knocked out in round three because he's hurt. We're out a lot of Come on, Matt, be better, quick break right back? What's right?
Speaker 4: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: No, that's a lie.
Speaker 2: Job. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I figured you were still busy reading about Thanksgiving in the middle of the Warriors question.
Speaker 3: I was not funny. That was not my fault.
Speaker 2: Uh, you know, I mean, listen, you gotta adjust on the fly. You're about what this professional stage performer? Well exactly, That's why I'm saying. You're about to be a professional stage performer. Sometimes there's gonna be lighting miscues, there's the director's gonna.
Speaker 3: Get you your face.
Speaker 2: Okay, you want to welcome us in, Yeah, I will go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Welcome back episode. Now, we're going to start with the Jaw update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Jow release the statement that, in my opinion, was either four hundred words too short or forty words too long. And we'll get into the statement Jaw released in a moment. But this job update is actually going to be something of a media critique. First, I I gotta say I am constantly impressed by some of my colleagues ability to se shamelessly create content that I do not think they actually believe because they know it will get them Internet applause. And here's what I'm talking about. And because there there is, there is this whole genre of discourse that is just catnip for what I can what I would call at people are gonna get mad whatever what I would call the either the dumbest smart people or the smartest dumb people. I'm not sure which group it is, but they're they're very similar. That, which is things that sound really smart at absolute surface level, but the moment you do, I'll give you a non jaw example, it's it's the same genre of well, why is it offensive to say all lives matter? Don't they? Of course they do. Are you saying when you say black lives matter? That what if I said white lives matter? Why are they not the same? Why is there a black entertainment television? What if there were a white entertainment television? Like those things, at the very surface level, you might be able to get some and be like, hmm, raises some interesting points. Hadn't thought of it? And then the moment you did one percent deeper, it's like, oh, the reason we're saying, like black lives matter instead of all lives matter. Is because there is right now a crisis of violence perpetrated by the state against a specific community. Much like if there was a giant uptick in breast cancer, we might, I don't know, have breast cancer Awareness Month and do marches. And that's not us saying, hey, anybody with colon cancer go to hell. It's like, oh, okay, yeah, that makes more sense. Uh. And the jaw commentary that is folks just out saying what law did he break? Huh? You tell me why he should be in any trouble at all. That's an open carry state. He's broken no rules. Yeah, you are correct that John Moran should not be arrested for what he did. And you are correct that we have a lot of political figures in this country that flaunt guns as a way to appeal to their constituency, put them on Christmas cards with their kids holding them. And yes, of course you are correct. And we all know that there is a massive hypocrisy in how the general public reacts to people carrying guns depending on if that person is white or black. Everybody knows that that is a real issue that deserves significant discussion and remedy. But None of it applies to this situation.
Speaker 3: None of it.
Speaker 2: Jah is in trouble because he has allegedly, over the last year done the following, gotten in a fight with a seventeen year old, hit the seventeen year old, and then allegedly came outside to confront the seventeen year old with a pistol in his waistband gone to the mall because his mother was being allegedly disrespected by a foot by a foot action or foot locker employee and told the security guard, I will wait till you get off work. Went to a volleyball game where his mother allegedly was disrespected by a high school girl and allegedly threatened her, got in a car with his buddy Deontay Pack and others where allegedly a laser sighted pistol was pointed at Indiana Pacers players, and then most recently, waved a gun at a strip club and apologized for it and said he would not do it again, And then fifty two days later waved a gun in his car both on Instagram Live and seemingly apologized for that. There are plenty of jobs that would not want the face of their company doing that. Are there jobs where that would get you a promotion is one of those jobs insanely seemingly certain districts of the United States House of Representatives. Yes, does job work in one of those jobs? No, it's not complicated, Go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, No, I think I think the main problem here isn't the fact that he owns a gun, is that he uses it like a toy to show and flaunt around. And of course, and like you're saying, like, like, the NBA is not a job that you just need a gun for.
Speaker 2: No, Like, well no, but it's also there's also different responsibilities for it. And I use this example for I will use it again. If John Morant two months ago posted on Instagram a homemade sex tape with him and his girlfriend and the NBA and the Grizzlies were like buddy, no, and then he was like, I'm sorry, I won't do it again, And then last week posted a new one. Do you know how ridiculous you would look if you went on TV and be like, huh, Pornography's all over the internet. There's billions of views on porn Hub. And you're telling me John did something wrong. What law did he break? You don't have to break a law.
Speaker 3: For it to be wrong, for to piss.
Speaker 2: Off your employer, is it? Everybody knows this.
Speaker 3: That's also like it's gonna be with freedom of freedom of speech. You say something stupid, you can still get filed.
Speaker 2: Oh of course, you just can't get arrested for it. Yeah, the the the, And this is what's so frustrating. Everybody knows what I'm saying is correct, but they also know that, Man, I will go viral if I say, tell me, why would Joe? That is wrong? Even though in your own brain you're like, well, obviously if this were my brother, or my son or my daughter, I would say, what the hell are you doing? You have a Can you imagine? I'll use demands as an example again. Can you imagine? Demanse does not make fifty million dollars a year as the face of the Memphis Grizzlies. Demonse has a good job at Box and is like a partial face of this podcast. Can you imagine if on social media he was riding around in a car playing with a gun, what I would say to him, like, I'm beside myself and everybody knows that. And the reason it bothers me is because I feel like it is folks taking the easiest road possible on what could be a fascinating conversation if you want to talk about gun control in this country and you want to talk about the fact that the NRA and a lot of the conservative right in this country defend at your right to carry an AR fifteen into a Chipotle, yet doesn't seem to ever ever stand up for the armed black citizen who is killed by a cop, not because they were pointing their firearm, not because they were wrong place, wrong time cop saw a black guy with a gun and killed him. You want to have that conversation about why those people aren't supported or listen to it. You want to have the actual historical conversation that so many of these dopes don't even aren't even aware of. Do you know who and why initially passed? Like how why does California to this day have strict gun laws? What got that ball rolling Governor Ronald Reagan with the support of the NRA in nineteen sixty seven? Why because the Black panthers armed themselves and marched on the Capitol and all of a sudden, a conservative governor and the NRA helped pass the Mulford Act, significant gun control legislation. It was scary black guys with guns. We can have those conversations if you want to have them. They're interesting to me. I ain't. They are important ones to have, but to do it, to not do it, But instead he futs around with it, acting like John Morant is a victim here instead of having a the tougher conversation is ridiculous. Now, last point on this. When I said his say was either forty words too long or foreigner words too short, Here's what I mean. Jah continues to make bad choices in how he's handling this because he is apologizing for his behavior, seemingly with no intent to stop the behavior. And this is this is something oddly like in not stuff like this obviously, But you and I have kind we've talked about similar, which is, hey, if you've decided I am going I am okay with the consequences of X. So I am going to do it. So you're eighteen now, I've had this conversation with your brother. It's every when you're a little kid, so be it. Go with God. But if you have decided I am going to do X, because I am going to say I did why and I don't think I'm ever gonna have to deal with the consequences of it. Then it's a terrible decision. Then that means you know you're making the wrong decision, but you just think I won't ever be held accountable for it. That, to me is what If joh thought what he was doing was fine, he wouldn't have apologized to Adam Silver, and he wouldn't have gone to seventy two hour rehab whatever the hell it was. I don't even know what type of rehab it is, like decision making rehab. I don't know the so Jock could have and I guess before he released this statement, Jock could have gone this route. I've done nothing wrong. I'm a legal gun owner. I can have it in my car. You guys are only bothered because it's rap music on in the background. I've never been arrested, I've never been in trouble. I dare you to suspend me. I will see you in court. Show me what law I broke, Show me what I violated. He could have gone that tact. I would I personally wouldn't support it, but I know a lot of two A folks who would. I think he would get significant like conservative media, favorable coverage. Who doesn't like the woke NBA anyway? And he could just say lying in the sand doing it. That's an option. The other option is to cut this stupid shit out. Instead, he chose the worst path. I'm very sorry I let my teammates down. I've got to get better with decision making on and off the court. I've got to mature. And thirteen days later, he's on Instagram live first second time playing with a pistol. It's ridiculous. It's ridiculous again. I'm gonna use a parenting analogy here. You're eighteen. You and I have different feelings on tattoos. Yeah, and I have a few tattoos. Your mom's got a giant, beautiful tattoo on her shoulder. Your brother's got a few tattoos that a couple of them I think are fine. One of them I think's dumb, but doesn't matter. I'm anti young people getting tattoos because I know when I was eighteen the tattoo I wanted to get, and I'm so glad I'm not. Okay, Well, we all think we're not dumb when we're eighteen, but then we look back. But doesn't matter. Point I'm making is this. You now could go get a tattoo and there is nothing I could do about it. If you were to do that, with the plan being I'll just make sure I'm always covered up wherever this is when I'm around my dad. Then it's a terrible decision. If you were to do it then and say I'm doing it, I'm eighteen, believe I want it. I'll deal with the consequences. Maybe I think it's a terrible decision, but at least you are doing it planning to be able to stand by it. Ja apologizing for things that he never intends to stop doing shows to me such an overwhelming lack of maturity. It's stunning. It's just absolutely stunning. Uh So that's it. That was long. They just put overtime on the screen. There. We haven't even gotten to the game. All right, let's do the game real quick. To you are I'm gonna do the game in less than three minutes. We're gonna do thirty seconds of question. Yeah, I'm gonna do the game in less than three minutes. I don't know if we still can do it, Gabe, you can tell me in my ear if we have to pivot off it. If not, we'll do it real quick to you, or just start reading and we'll go go ahead.
Speaker 3: Hey, AD has followed up all of his big playoff games with absolute duds. He had forty and ten in Game one. Things aren't looking good tonight, right or wrong, AD will show up in game two.
Speaker 2: Right, he'll show up. I don't think he's followed up all his playoff games with duds. He's followed some big offensive games with bad offensive games. What they need from Ad tonight is defense and rebounding. The points will be a bonus. I think he'll be really good tonight next.
Speaker 3: Davante Adams says that he proved he didn't need Rogers to be Gate great after one hundred catches, fifteen hundred yards and fourteen touchdowns on your boy, Derek Carr. Now he'll have a chance to prove it again with Jimmy G as his quarterback. Right or wrong, Adams will still feel QB proof with Jimmy G.
Speaker 2: I think it's right. I think Davante Adams will great, and I think Jimmy will target him a ton I think the Raiders will stink, but I think Davante will have it demand a great player, and I think he'll have a monster season.
Speaker 3: Next, reports are that Joe Burrow is considering his other big name teammates when negotiating his contract. If he takes a discount to keep Chase and Higgins will they will be perennial AFC phase Right or wrong, Burrow's generosity should worry the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Wrong for twofold one is I think Burrow's about to become the highest paid player in the history of the league. So I don't know. Listen, Burrow takes thirty million a year, Yeah, but he's not going to He's gonna probably get closer to fifty five and nothing should work. The Chiefs the best team by a mile. Next, We're sorry, we're all Bronni Okay, that's right.
Speaker 3: Thought. USC hoops coach said that Lebron isn't being overbearing with Bronnie at all. Maybe he's sort of busy right now with all the things that he's doing, you know, right or wrong, USC fans should want the Goat more involved.
Speaker 2: Wrong and listen, I don't think that's Bronnie's style or lebron style. I also don't think uh his wife would allow it. I think Savannah. There's a great clip of from a couple of years ago of Savannah and Lebron being interviewed about Bronni and I forget if it's sixty minutes, whatever it is, and Savannah is asked, They're asked, what do you want for Bronni? And Savannah is like, I really just want him to be happy and be a good person, and you know, chase his dreams and to just have a happy life and Lebron just do As a matter of factly, I want him PLAYBA like Lebron's But I think Savannah has done a really good job, and I think Lebron is doing his best on making sure that Lebron's wants don't trump what's best for Bronni here. And Bronni's not gonna be the best player on that team, and I don't think Lebron's gonna be the type to be the helicopter parent. All right? Last one?
Speaker 3: Okay, Fox Sports NFL asked chat GBT to rate the top ten teams since two thousand. Yeah, here's the list. Most notably, You're twenty nineteen. Chiefs come in at number ten, behind some very suspect teams. Right or wrong, Your job is safe from the robots.
Speaker 2: Why listen. I think it's right that my job's safe inm the robots for now, It's not even because of this ranking. They also had chat GBT ranked the top ten Chiefs ever, and Travis Kelce wasn't on there. I do think chat GBT got it right that the O Semn Patriots is the best team of the last twenty years, even though they didn't win the suit Super Bowl. But that twenty nineteen Chiefs team wasn't even the best Chiefs team. Twenty eighteen Chiefs run in the twenty nineteen Chiefs. Twenty eighteen Chiefs just doing the Super Bowl, twenty twenty Chiefs are read in the twenty nineteen Chiefs. They just didn't win the Super Bowl. So yeah, I don't think. I think the robots will come for all of us at some point, but no time soon. Quick break right back, answer your questions in the chat What's right?
Speaker 3: Welcome back, episode one fifty two. Now we're gonna read your fan questions. First question, Brandon Lacey asked, will Wemby win an NBA title in his first five years?
Speaker 2: I would be shocked, Guys. Guys typically don't win rings till they're twenty seven. He's nineteen. His body's got to develop. There's again, he's the clearcut number one pick. He's almost assuredly the best prospects since Lebron. But we are putting too much on this kid. If he's if he comes out and changes the league and stays healthy and is what all these guys say to him, more power to him. But I'm not gonna be part of the crowd that if this guy is twenty points and six rebounds as a rookie, which is about what I think, which would be unbelievable, that we're gonna say he's disappointing. All right.
Speaker 3: Next, Okay, Oscar Marshall asks, do you think that the final part of the prince that was promised ARC is for the is for the Jags to be permanently based in London. Seems like the NFL is slowly leaning towards making it happen.
Speaker 2: I don't know about permanently being placed in London, but I could see like a half schedule in London. I could, and that is unbelievable that that fits with my royalty princes that was promised up Next.
Speaker 3: Okay, negative foreign too asked if Jay Buckets and the Heat want to ring this year, would it be the toughest ring of all time?
Speaker 2: I don't think it'd be the toughest ring of all time because a Round two matchup with the Knicks throws a bit of a wrench into that, and there is no juggernaut out west. I mean, the Lakers are the seventh seed. The Nuggets are really good, but they're not a juggernaut. It would be the most surprising and unlikely ring of all time. These guys were fifteen to one to win the title twelve hours ago, fourteen hours ago, and so, and there were only four teams left. All right, next?
Speaker 3: Okay? Nick Adams asked, when Lebron retires, who do you think You're root for? Team or a person?
Speaker 2: So, yeah, because I don't have a team, I root for whatever team Lebron's on because Kansas City didn't have a team. And when I was a little kid, I was a Knicks fan. And then my high school basketball teammates and I were the same high school class as Lebron, and we would watch his games on ESPN, and I just decided, when I was a high school senior, whatever team drafts him That's why I'm gonna go with and then I so I was with the Calves, Heat Calves again Lakers now, uh, which is not the greatest, you know, mark on my sports fandom. But because kansasity never had a team and I didn't have a team growing up, I feel like it's okay. I mean, I'll roll with Luca. It's gonna I like the Kings because of the family connection. I like this. You know, I like Darryl Mory a lot, so I like the Sixers. But yeah, I think it's hard if you don't have a hometown team to just have one team that's your die hard team. So I have the Chiefs, I have the Royals. I mean, I Jokic is fine, but I'm not exactly known as a Jokic fan, so I don't think I'll be a Nuggets guy. But Luca. I probably roll with Luca once Lebron's done, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Scott Fraser asked who got the best breaks with the NFL schedule and who got screwed. I e Rams get it, get four teams off the buy.
Speaker 2: So I think the Rams are probably the highest on the list. I'll be honest with you. I know Warren Sharp's done a ton on this. I haven't dug into the intricacies of it. I know the Chiefs are at a big rest disadvantage, but a lot of that listen, if you're a great team, they're gonna sket They're gonna be more worried about putting you on National TV and making giving you big prime slots than they are about the fairness of rest. And I'm actually okay with it. It is an entertainment product, after all. This is an unbelievable fact. Though the Chiefs obviously have seventeen games this year, I bet this will blow Gabe's mind. Of all the people listening, Producer Gabs the one that I think will be most interested in this seventeen games for the Chiefs. How many do you think are in the traditional one o'clock on Sunday window, the one o'clock or you know what, one o'clock or four o'clock, meaning, how many of their games are not either a night game on National TV or the four point thirty prime spot on Fox or CBS. The answer to that question is one. The Chiefs have one game all year that is not either Monday night, Sunday Night, Thursday night, a stant like a standalone Saturday holiday game or the four point thirty on Fox or CBS game one game all year, all right, last, okay, So that's a tough name. Anastasios Markopolos, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Ask if the Nuggets versus Celtics in the NBA Finals, who are you be rooting for?
Speaker 2: Well, it's tough. I'd like for demands to be happy, and that would mean the Celtics. But I don't have an Emmy to root for the Celtics, never like the Celtics, so probably the Nuggets and Jokis will have earned it. I don't have anything against Jokics. I had against the fact that I thought he was treated in a way we've never treated a superstar before they won anything. But if he wins, he wins. All right, last one, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Okay. So Christian Lazzo asked what I would change about how you dress?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Just slight more coordination, but not too much coordination, because sometimes you're too matchy matchy, and sometimes it's a little bit everywhere.
Speaker 2: So I think what the guy's getting at is because I don't think you feel this way. I think they're wondering if you would prefer if I dressed more like the other dads, like at your at your school. So suits, well I wear suits on TV. But yeah, like or like polos and khakis and like boat shoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, I couldn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not me. Listen, do you or and I? Despite the fact she corrects my grammar and you know, comes at me a bit on the pot occasionally, Uh, do you or and I have a great relationship. And I think she likes she likes a lot of things about my personality, even though she thinks I'm a weirdo. Not a weirdo, but no, I think you're weird fair enough, all right, See you guys on Tuesday. Enjoy the game tonight.
Speaker 3: Mhm.