Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Cadino and Rich podcast.
Speaker 2: Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Comedo on Rich at foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio apps like searching FSR. Hey, let's go Monday, your first Monday of August and also your last Monday without NFL football.
Speaker 3: How crazy is that? Let's go.
Speaker 1: Well, if I were you and my team, the Mets, your Mets were selling everybody. Yeah, I'd be looking forward to football too. In fact, you're gonna talk a little debo, right, and we got show time of Holmes this hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from training. It's gonna be fun. Man.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Danny, will you allow me to talk about Aaron Rodgers for ten seconds?
Speaker 3: Or no? Dude? Could I get ten seconds? Rogers timer?
Speaker 4: Sixty seconds?
Speaker 3: I won't even need that. Uh do you see? He did?
Speaker 2: Actually, as we speculated, he confirmed that it was his mystery wife, Brittany. They got him back together talking to his family.
Speaker 3: Hey, so he's doing good things. A good woman will check good woman.
Speaker 2: And he also then called doctor Fauci a clown and a fraud and.
Speaker 3: Jokingly pleated the fifth in his interview today, So they.
Speaker 1: Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio live from the Fox Sports Radio Studio. Remember our podcast is available wherever you stream your podcast, and we're streaming live at Covino on Rich FSR. There's a live chat going up. And man, I can't believe the Yankees didn't get their catcher.
Speaker 3: Dude, Austin Wells, Bro, they don't want it. You know what.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers are gonna win it all Yankee stink Austin well he's batting one sixty one.
Speaker 3: Bro, you could.
Speaker 2: Only make deals that are available. Don't act like a dumb family.
Speaker 3: They got it. Sometimes you just can't do it, Dude, you can't know it is.
Speaker 1: It's an academic, willing player. Teams, I should say, are not willing to get rid of their prospects the way other teams are, you know, and and.
Speaker 3: Yankees are one of these teams.
Speaker 1: I can't win with your catcher batting one sixte Dann Byer, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Thank you allowing me this.
Speaker 5: Ten seconds as I was doing the update and right before the deadline, the Padres acquired Casey Mize in a deal from the Tigers, so that was kind of the last big name that was out there. Clay Holmes, you know, your former Mets pitcher went to the Cubs. But of the big names that we thought were likely going to be moved, Myze was one of them, and he now is reportedly going to San Diego.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And by the way, San Diego, they're in it. They're in the mix because right now that third wildcard, I mean, they're very much in the mix. That third wildcard as we stand right now would be the Arizona Diamondbacks, who are one game ahead of the Padres. So the Padres could very well sneak in. The Marlins are somehow hanging in there. That whole NL Central is jumbled around five hundred.
Speaker 3: In the middle.
Speaker 5: The Phillies and Diamondbacks are tied for the second spot, so there's even more flexibility for the Padre.
Speaker 2: The reality is, any of these teams rip off eight out of ten, they're in a great spot.
Speaker 3: So that is the fun of baseball.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the Dodgers are sitting pretty and Dodgers fans, you know, like when a Hawk girl's like yeah, but I'm at like perfect take you know, I'll get a pimple here and then you shut I'm a nerd. I'm actually I'm actually a nerd. That's like when Danny's like, yeah, but we got some injuries. Yeah you think Dodger.
Speaker 3: Shut up.
Speaker 2: I don't know one of our five ace pitchers is not a hondo percento.
Speaker 1: You're right, Rich, I wants to hear a smoking Hawk girl talk about how she's a nerd because she wears glasses like superhero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like the Dodgers fans are the same thing. That's like when Danny's like, yeah, man, but we got some injury now.
Speaker 4: But I'm telling you, Rich, you were saying, oh my god, look at all the aces back to back to bed. They're not gonna have all those aces back to back to back unless they're all healthy. That's just a fact. There are people who have not watched any Dodger baseball this season.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's people who have not watched Dodger baseball and they're making all these comments. So I'm just giving you info on what's actually happening with the team this season.
Speaker 3: I got you. I know it's not all sunshine of rainbows, but they.
Speaker 1: Still honestly, Rich, we're gonna see like the trading deadline grades and given the Yankees a d.
Speaker 3: You just you just acquired some guys.
Speaker 1: I don't care, Bro, they acquired a bunch of people they didn't need you acquire.
Speaker 2: You acquired a guy that has more home runs on anyone than your team other than Ben Rice. Your acquisition of Luis Garcia Junior. You're just not familiar with him because he's an NL guy. I believe me, I was all over his stats the minute they got him.
Speaker 3: I knew who he was.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, playing an island they didn't need. They needed specifically a right hitting bat. They needed maybe another arm in the bullpen. I mean, just really weak moves. But I mean, of course there's gonna be I'm being the example of a lot of other people who were either gonna be super pumped or complaining about what just went down.
Speaker 2: Well, because guess what it's over, who's a catcher that moved Atlee Rushman? And guess what you're not You're not going to get him in your division. They're not gonna like Cavino's looking for a mystery catcher dem Bia that does.
Speaker 4: All they m to the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: They don't want to turn to you.
Speaker 5: Liam Hicks went from the mar the Rays. The other one was Joey bart One from the Braves to the White Sox.
Speaker 1: Telling you as a fan and as a as a team that would compete with the Dodgers in the World Series and could possibly get there because they got the pitching, that's the piece they needed. Austin Wells is the weakest right now. He's arguably having the weakest offensive season of all time. And I know he's much much better than that rich but this season is a nightmare for the guy.
Speaker 3: So anyway, go on.
Speaker 2: The Mets wants to hold your beer as they say. Yeah, I'm not gonna cry about it.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you my initial reaction because we're going to be seeing it throughout the rest of the night. People are gonna be talking about it and grading their moves and everything else. So that's just how I'm feeling.
Speaker 4: At the moment.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, would dB luckily corrected me. Yeah, Rushman got traded in division, which is, you know, not usual. You know what I'm saying, not a usual thing. There was speculation and didn't go down. Danny Gen I'm sure Covino's thrilled about it. Well, actually the speculation of a few teams that we're looking at Jacob de Grom, but he said he wants to stay put in Texas because I thought that would have been you know, because maybe not a full season anymore for de Grom, but in little spurts, the ground could still be as dominant as anyone. So I just felt like that would have been a big acquisition.
Speaker 3: But yeah, but no one, no one did it.
Speaker 4: All right, I got a question for you, Rich, Yeah, So Thursday Hall of Fame game, are you finally going to watch Quarterback on Netflix?
Speaker 2: This is the week, Danny J. This is the week today when August hits, you know, like coul a. Certain months hit like you know, I don't know you ever like break out, like maybe in this month, I'll break out my hoodies or you know what I'll do, I'll I'll close up my you know, on the East Coast, people close their pool a certain month of the year. Come August first, Danny. I turned the page to football. When my Mets think, so we are here, goodbye Mets. I may not watch another Mets game this year. I hate them, But you know what, I do love the NFL. There's one sport where you could watch any game of any two teams, and that's it's a fact, that's like the common sentiment among any human. NFL doesn't matter the matchup. You can watch any game in the NFL and you'll love and find the storyline. But you're not watching, you know, the Guardians versus the Rays on a now on a random Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Or so never.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's just the difference. Plus, I mean, to be fair rich and it's all cliche and we've said this million times. There's much more baseball than there is football.
Speaker 3: That is true. But I mean Thursday's game is sort of two bunk teams.
Speaker 4: Cardinals, but they talk to the Hall of Fame inductee Ye Drew Brees, Larry Fitzgerald, Luke Keikley, Adam Vinterry and your boy Roger Craig.
Speaker 3: Roger Craig. Do you see the excitement?
Speaker 4: Oh, it was such a good video, what a great video.
Speaker 2: But no Panthers Cardinals, even though it's two teams where you're like, really, you'll still watch. You won't even see the stars play, but it's still football.
Speaker 3: Is back now.
Speaker 2: Your boy Debo is back. I don't know he's in good shape. I'm gonna turn my face and not look at Dann Bayer because his seahawk smug super Bowl vibes, You're gonna seep through the glass between us. So I'm gonna I'm gonna face this way and look at Danny g only when I say from turning your back to dB. From what I see on social media and the clips from all my forty nine ers fan paget, then dee Bo looks sharp. He he looks in shape. Did you see the video where George Kittle was the first to greet him.
Speaker 4: This coming from the same Niner reporters that held the Shanahan News.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that the most reputable. You know, I got a few things, Deebo, Danny, I want to your clip first, Deebo. He was asked whether or not it felt different this time around.
Speaker 3: It was different.
Speaker 4: It kind of felt like I didn't even go nowhere, to be honest, when I when I got back, I was just like, well, I know what's going on. I know that people hear stepf still the same, So it's kind of like the same for real.
Speaker 2: No, for real, for real, for real. Part of the reason why they got them. You know, they needed someone there. They need someone that understood the system. And with the limited Shanahan, he's that guy that really doesn't need extra instruction. He's and if he shows up in shape ridge and then you're looking good. The one kind thing Dan Bayer did say about Deebo is that if there were one of the thirty two teams where Deebo would fit and do the best, it would be the Niners.
Speaker 3: But it looks like he came back thinner. There's one still shot.
Speaker 2: Remember when Jan Soto saw with the Mets and there was a one pict where his belly didn't look flattering.
Speaker 4: It was Ai.
Speaker 3: There's a picture of Debo again that's unflattering.
Speaker 2: It's like, look at Debo camp and he has one of those like you know, those back braces, but it looks like a women's sports bra.
Speaker 3: He's wearing that.
Speaker 2: It looks like he is of like a belly like it's all unflattering. To try to take my guy down.
Speaker 5: Here's the issue that I find with your forty nine ers. Yes, Mike Evans, by the way, I set I'll practice today with the quad strain. Don't know that's the issue.
Speaker 3: It's already happening.
Speaker 5: I think that we have seen in the past, whether it be Juwan Jennings last year, whether it be the years of Elijah Mitchell or Jordan Mason, that when those big guys go out, you have players that can respond and answer because the scheme is so good, it's just will those top players be available?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're right. When I when I saw that Mike Evans news, I pulled the pee wee Herman.
Speaker 3: I put my fingers in my ears and went that la la la, la la la. I was like, I don't want to hear this.
Speaker 2: And then Ricky piersall already out for the year. So the Deebo thing does make sense. I think I'm gonna I'm gonna be a positive guy, right because there's so many fan bases and it's it's natural to be negative. I'm gonna be positive and say, debo. I'm not expecting twenty twenty one, five years ago Deebo Samuel, where he almost had two thousand total yards, he was a running back, a wide receiver, he was in everything. I'm not expecting that, but I'm expecting a debo that could make explosive plays here and there. That it seems to me, cause you know, better to have him than not to have him. Rocket number nineteen again. He does look in shape. He seems really happy, really really happy to be alongside George Kittle and McCaffrey and catching passes from Purdy. It looks like he's clicking, just like horsing around with Mike Evans. Like to me, it looks like the Niners culture. And I said it the other day on our show. Brandon Ayuk proved to be the anomaly because every guy on this team wants to remain there. They try to sun extensions. They want to be part of this culture. And it seems cool to have Debo back. In fact, he talked about it while signing with the team.
Speaker 3: So great to be back.
Speaker 4: We did an awesome job getting me back.
Speaker 3: Here, Jail. Let's go, let's go nine in fatble. Good to be back for sure, John Lynch getting it done.
Speaker 1: So I'm and it's one year, dude, so he's gonna play his hard out to maybe stay there even longer. It was a it was an obvious deal that had to be made.
Speaker 3: Man perfect fit. So well, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: But I think all of us that's the fun of Before the season starts, you could have all these fantasies of you know, my team's really gonna be great this year. That's that's the fun of football because there is so much parody. Like Dan Bayer described the parody in the NFL. We don't know if we could get that in other sports, but with the NFL it works. Is always that stat that what like four or five teams that made the playoffs the year before don't make it. There's always turnover, there's teams that have a couple of injuries that their season gets, you know, flipped upside down.
Speaker 3: It happens every year. So there is excitement.
Speaker 2: And as I as I look to the TV screen aside and it says, Mike Evan's not practicing, I'm not going to look that way. I'm not going to look towards Dan Byer. I'm just gonna look straight ahead at you, Cavino and let you know that Thursday it all begins and we should all be excited andfl's back. Actually, I'm happy for you on that, and I'm happy for Deebo. Dude, that's a really cool story and he's.
Speaker 3: A likable guy.
Speaker 2: So meaning you know, we had him on a show at the Super Bowl and I remember he looked a little Remember that the next day they found out that he was not gonna be on the Niners anymore. And you threw them a pass. We said it deep Doubo to Deebo. Yeah, you know what, I'm gonna post that and say welcome back buddy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and think about this.
Speaker 1: We still got speaking of football, Showtime Homes coming by next hour giving away prizes. He's actually doing some trivia from training camp. But before we do that, Jonah Hill Rich the actor Jones, actor Hill.
Speaker 3: You know he lost a lot of weight, right.
Speaker 1: He's always up and down, but he's been slimming trim for a minute now, Jonah Hill, think about this. This is according to bro Bible, but he was on a podcast. He was talking to Jason Bateman. He said something along the lines of he could beat up most people because he trains jiu jitsu. If you missed it, take a listen.
Speaker 3: I love Brazilian jiu jitsu.
Speaker 4: I love except my body is begging me to not love it.
Speaker 3: Forty two isn't.
Speaker 6: My wife is often like, you're not going to become like a professional fighter, you know.
Speaker 4: That right, Like you're a comedian, Like, but let me ask you something. If we got into it, I would, I would.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And that's the best part.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing is people are like, oh, Jonah Hill, a fat guy from Super Battle.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, I would annihilate that.
Speaker 3: Every fight, giant.
Speaker 4: If you see me try it, fight ends up on the ground.
Speaker 3: Who's got it unless bigger than me? I have like, whoa, what's he saying?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: We on the Convenio and Richard Love a great fight you had UFC Fight Night this past weekend. Williams of paida with the upset over Lamont roach to the WBC lightweight strap over the weekend. In the of the boxing, But when it comes to grappling and jiu jitsu and mixed martial arts, yeah, you always have an advantage.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: But Jonah Hill, there's something about him and I still underestimate it. Do you think he would whoop everybody's ass? Do you think he'd whoop your ass? Well, you're you're a two hundred pound guy that goes to the gym. You think he would whoop your ass?
Speaker 2: One? By the way, No, but Jonah Hill A quick thought though one might I want to remind everyone the number one rule. If you're ever at a bar, restaurant, club somewhere and someone, let's say someone does try to pick something with you, you know, have a little altercation. If some guy's got messed up ears, immediately remove yourself from the situation.
Speaker 3: That's if he got califlower ears.
Speaker 2: Dude, you see a guy with one mangled ear and he's like sort of pushing a fight with someone in your circle of people, never mess you immediately back I so sorry, sorry, and just leave.
Speaker 1: No, the culture has changed, so Batchian Maniscalco does a whole bit on that too. It's like, you know, back in the day, someone hit you with a shoulder, you know, you might want to scrap a little bit. Nowadays, you don't know who you're messing with. They'll jump on yeah exactly. So I completely respect that.
Speaker 3: But I'm lose.
Speaker 2: Would you lose if you're an average fella who's in shape, Do you think that Jonah Hill would whoop your ass? I I'm telling you it's very hard for me to think Jonah Hill could beat me up. I'm not I'm not a fighter, dude, And I just tell like, I know, he's not a big dude. I know he's saying, like, I know people look at me like I'm the fat guy from super Bad, But he does jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 4: He'd have to get you on the ground.
Speaker 2: Not only that, I don't know he lost a lot of weight. Yeah, he's five foot seven. To put it in perspective, do you think that dude is beating most people? Let me give you the quote again, can beat up most people because he trains jiu jitsu. As most people ask most people listening, I don't know. I was saying, let me ask you, you're you're what five ten? Yes, you're a gentleman, a kind fella.
Speaker 3: I look at you, and I think he could probably beat up Jonah Hill.
Speaker 4: I think he'd probably beat me up.
Speaker 6: You'd just be laying there like trying to stop. I just I'm not I'm not in great shape. You know, my legs are strong. But I think he's his training, would uh think probably take me out.
Speaker 3: It's a perspective sort of thing.
Speaker 1: If guys like Jonah Hill and Mark Zuckerberg could be whooping our asses, we might have to uh get in better shape and hit the octagon or something, have to get We might have to hit up the Gracie Brothers.
Speaker 3: You beat up Jonah Hill.
Speaker 4: If it was boxing, I I probably would be in trouble if we were grappling. But but you don't let somebody like that get you on the ground.
Speaker 3: Listen, you know, I'll be honest. You know you want to be like Jonah Hill, I'd whoop that nerds ass.
Speaker 2: You might think that, right, But you know, some of my favorite videos I see on social media, I get such joy. You ever see these videos where it's like Bully picks on the wrong kid and it's like some little dueebis and he's like pushing some kid around all a sudden, the kid's like hah bah bah, like get some There's nothing more satisfying then Bully picks on the wrong kid videos. So hey, you know, for all you know, there'd be some meathead that steps to Jonah Hill. Jonahill trips him and then puts him in like an arm bar, and like, yeah, props to him. He is a smaller dude, and I bet he could beat up a lot of people. Not trying to take anything away from him.
Speaker 1: But if you're relatively in shape, guy, I think you could still maybe hold your own on him.
Speaker 3: I mean, have you seen him think about it?
Speaker 2: But I did remember the other day I was showing you cove that there's a guy instead of following where he fives all the biggest haters on social media that claimed.
Speaker 1: Like what Mayhem used to do on MTV was the name of that show? Yeah, oh bully beat Down.
Speaker 2: And what the guy does is he's like yo, this guy says he's like the toughest guy in his town. He messes with everyone, and it's like nerdy guy brings him to the gym, and this nerdy guy kicks everyone's ass.
Speaker 3: So maybe Jonah Hill.
Speaker 2: Could be I guess the reminders is you never underestimate people. You never know who you're messing with. And Jonah Hill said he'd whoop your ass. All right, well listen, we're gonna do Mahomes Showtime Trivia. Mahomes is back, the NFL's back this week, so we'll give away some prizes. We got that Covino on Rich Grilling apron I saw your dad was rocking that this weekend. Canvino in Jersey, the whole family rocking it. Yeah, it serves us purpose. It's a good look perfect. So we'll give away an apron, some Koozi, some summer gear, more covene on rich at eight, seven, seven, nine nine on Fox will play Mahomes, Showtime Trivia Next. Every sports season built on preparation, studying the trends and making the necessary just to reach the ultimate goal, and investing deserves the same approach. With wee Bowl, you have access to real time market data, advanced tools, and an intuitive app design to help you make informed decisions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whether you're.
Speaker 2: Actively trading stocks, options, et have some more or planning for the long term for your fam with iras, cash management or custodial accounts for kids. We Bowl gives you the tools to invest your way, all in one platform.
Speaker 1: Looking to take your preparation to the next level, check out wee Bules orarn Resources. Join their in app community feed discuss investing trends and happenings alongside twenty five million users globally.
Speaker 3: Right and now, with the streamlining.
Speaker 2: Help of we Bowl, you could use ai Vega that's the wee Bowl AI Market Assistant. You get real time analysis, watch list insights and alerts when earning sdrop.
Speaker 3: So get your.
Speaker 1: Financial portfolio game ready by downloading the wee bol app today or visiting wee bul dot com.
Speaker 7: We both financial LLC and member SIPCFENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bul dot com.
Speaker 1: Slash disclosures, Welcome back, Trade deadline Monday moves have been made. It's Caveno and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Steve Cavino in Jersey, and I'll be heading on a plane as soon as the show is over.
Speaker 3: Man back to the West Side.
Speaker 4: The rest of the crew back in La which.
Speaker 3: It is funny.
Speaker 2: You and I sort of defined sports fans at the moment when your team's in it in baseball, you're so excited about the trade deadline today and what your team's gonna do. If you're like me, Mets fan and your team's out of it, you're.
Speaker 3: Like Thursday's football, right, guys, we were turning the page. So it's very funny.
Speaker 2: How depending on if your team stinks or they're awesome, where your head's at early August, because it's a turning point. Football starts this week. And speaking of which, it's football season. This guy you see in him already, Patrick Mahomes, let's do with showtime trivia.
Speaker 3: The mostly lovable Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 8: Truth is, I want everybody to love me, not just the reps.
Speaker 3: It's time for some NFL trivia.
Speaker 2: But I'm here.
Speaker 3: I'm here.
Speaker 9: Yes, we know you're here, all right, Patrick Mahomes here to place showtime.
Speaker 4: Homes Trivia, all right, live from Saint Joseph, Missouri. Are broke, Patrick Mahomes joins Usay.
Speaker 9: Hey, Clegg are being here from training camp? Yeah, Jerry, Western State University.
Speaker 4: I was practice this morning.
Speaker 3: It's all right, not a whole lot to do out here, you know.
Speaker 9: I think me and the guys are going to either Applebe's or Chillies later on.
Speaker 8: There's like not a whole lot going on here. But uh, I have a big announcement to make.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You may have seen his clip over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're doinking the little pass off your lignement, right head Not.
Speaker 9: Well, it's the clip of I'm trying to throw to Andrew Armstrong, he's a new rookie receiver, and the ball hits the head of Hunter Norzad the center.
Speaker 8: I just want everybody knows it's ai.
Speaker 3: It's not even real.
Speaker 9: So okay, yeah, yeah, so believe me when when the season starts a whole different ballgame. It's gonna be my strong arm to armstrong. No worries is fake guys, fake us.
Speaker 3: All right, not even real.
Speaker 4: Glad you cleared that up. Let's meet the contests. Hey, okay, twenty seven time winner Rich Davis right over there.
Speaker 3: I just the days of when Ai ment Ellen Iverson.
Speaker 4: And twenty three time champ Dan Byer Hello, looking to win a CNR prize pack including that summer grill and apron on the studio lines. The first three was our friend Nick in Maryland.
Speaker 3: Hey Nick? Hey, by the way, then Hey Nick, how's it going?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Before I forget my my pop said, can he get one of those aprons?
Speaker 4: He's gonna win one.
Speaker 3: He was just wondering if he can get the hookups? What he said, dad wants one? Huh yeah.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what if Nick fails in this game? All mailed nix to your dad.
Speaker 2: Hold on, you know speak speaking of aprons and cooking, Patrick, are you one of the people that were secretly complaining that Taylor and tra wedding was a buffet Because some people are complaining about that.
Speaker 9: They're saying, I feel like it ended too early. That was another complaint that I had, you know, and it was a little too pack for my liking.
Speaker 4: But yeah, all right. Here are the rules for showtime Mahomes NFL trivia. The first contestant with two correct answers is the champ. If there's a tie, we have a tie breaker question. Your name is your buzzer, but you gotta wait till all three possible answers are read. If there's two wrong answers in a row, we move on to the next question. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Let's do it. Let's get it all right?
Speaker 4: Round one.
Speaker 3: I'm here from training camp. Patrick Mahomes very pumped about the season.
Speaker 9: It was a I am here to announce that, and okay, I wish I had some money left to sign some more receivers. Which NFL team still has the most available cap space right now? A the forty nine ers be the Titans or c Commanders.
Speaker 7: Nick Nick Commanders?
Speaker 4: No Rich Rich for the steal?
Speaker 3: Can imagine the Titans?
Speaker 2: No you.
Speaker 9: It's your your forty nine ers bosos seventy one point four nine million.
Speaker 4: I'm all right. Nobody, yeah, no, nobody on the board yet. We're going around two.
Speaker 9: Hey, my name is cooler, Patrick all the way, Patrick, But who is the only NFL team to have had two players on their roster at the same time named Dalvin Dalvin A the Cowboys, B Vikings or C the Giants.
Speaker 4: Nick Nick.
Speaker 7: Viking.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: There it is Dalvin Cook and Dalvin Tomlinson. Hey, yeah, Nick, cafway to a CNR price Back we go to the rich Is.
Speaker 9: It didn't your mom used to wear those Dalvin Klein T shirts back in the day?
Speaker 3: Funny story like Dalvin and the Chipmunks? Can I tell you? I would?
Speaker 2: Saying a funny story that I'm sure Patrick knows through Covino. My mom shows up one time to lunch and she's wearing a Galvin Klein shirt. She bought a blue legg shirt by mistake, and I'm like, does your shirt say GK on it? She's like why Richie and I looked and it was Galvin Kline. So love those Patrick. Thanks, he speaking up, say hello on your mother for me.
Speaker 4: Nick is halfway to a price Yeah, Nick is halfway to a price pack. We go to round three.
Speaker 8: All right, Patrick mahomes here live from training camp.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 9: What was I once quoted saying about dedication A you can't take shortcuts be dedication and discipline both start in the film room or see if I was as dedicated to my team as Max Crosby.
Speaker 8: Is to Vegas, then I'd have an arrowhead tattoo to my neck.
Speaker 4: Nick for the wind, Oh hey, you can't take so.
Speaker 3: No shortcut. So yeah, buddy, Nick.
Speaker 4: You do wind up winning the CNR Summer Grill and apron. Congratulations victory speech?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, victory speech? Go ahead? All right.
Speaker 2: I'd like to.
Speaker 4: Thank everyone, my mom, my dad for these years solicit and you know, be able to operate the radio, love the show.
Speaker 3: We're down in Ocean City for the White Marlon Tournament.
Speaker 7: If you look it up, Michael Jordan is here, and props to him and hopefully he wins.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah for shouting out family.
Speaker 9: I just want to shout out my brother and my dad for both embarrassing me all the time.
Speaker 3: And hey, Danny, remember to hook him up with those aprons too.
Speaker 4: If you got any leftovers, tell Covino's pops that I will get an apron to him.
Speaker 3: Hey, you got it?
Speaker 9: Hey, you guys, you guys pumped up for some football or what you can't wait for Thursday?
Speaker 4: Or what or what.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but yeah, man, I can't wait. Yeahn't wait.
Speaker 4: Hey, thank you, Patrick, We'll see you later in the season.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm here.
Speaker 8: It's great to see you guys, Patrick had Patrick hole Vader.
Speaker 3: All right, Hey, you want to go to dB for an update. Let's get dB. What's up, buddy, I just looked it up.
Speaker 5: The fifty third Annual White Marlin Open going on right now, so look out Ocean City, Maryland. Other news in Maryland today, Adlee Rutchman dealt by the Orioles to the Boston Red Sox, one of the many deals prior to the deadline of a Major League Baseball the trade deadline, red Sox getting giving up three of their top prospect top five prospects going back to Baltimore. The Orioles also sent outfielder Taylor Ward to the Mariners for three right handed pitchers, and also dealing Tyler Wells to the Rays. Padres got pitcher Casey Myz from the Tigers and fellow starter Robbie Ray from the Giants. The Guardians were busy. They got outfield of Joe Adell from the Angels, all star pitcher Foster Griffin from the Nationals. And first baseman Nathaniel Lowe from the Cincinnati Reds. Cubs did a deal with the Mad's, getting pitcher Clay Holmes and Tyrone Taylor. Milwaukee swung a couple of trades. They got Cardinals pitchers Dustin May and Jojo Romero plus Rockies reliever Antonio Senzatela. The Angels don't reliever Brent Sodo to the Braves and start our Jose Soriano to the Blue Jays. Blue Jays ended up dealing Dalton Varshell to the Astros. When the Marlin sink catcher Liam Hicks to the Tampa Bay Rays. Yankees acquired outfielder Elliott Ramirez or excuse me, Ramos from the San Francisco Giants. Philadelphia Phillies acquired second baseman Luisa Rise in a trade with the Giants. Reliever Caleb Killian also goes from San Francisco to Philadelphia, So the Phillies are going to have to make a bunch of moves with their infield to fit Arise at second base. It ultimately means Bryce Harper is gonna have to move from first base to the outfield because Alec Bohme's gonna move from third to first base Don Manningley, confirming as much earlier today. How about some other news from the world of sports. Murcio Pochettino, the US men's national soccer team manager, is not an extension, so he'll be with the club through the twenty thirty World Cup, or with the team and USC and Notre Dame. We're renewing rivalry in college football starting in twenty thirty, agreeing at least to a four year deal, but the first two games of the series will be played in Week one of the twenty thirty and twenty thirty one seasons. And now onto the NFL news. Canny Pickett's gold start a quarterback for the Panthers and Thursday's Hall of Fame game against the Cardinals. Niners wide receiver Mike Evan set out practice because of a quad strain. Patriots wide receiver aj Brown tild the NFL network he dislocated his thumb in practice but was able to return to action, and a scary scene for the Bears. ESPN, though reporting that safety Kobe Bryant going to miss eight to ten weeks after hyper extending his knee in practice today actually could have been worse. The report says he suffered a boone bruise and a small fracture on his leg, but the injury won't require surgery.
Speaker 2: Guys, back to you, no, thank you, dB, And as we talked about all those trade deadline moves and scooball Danny to your Dodgers, have you no joked earlier about.
Speaker 3: Is Skeens next?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Is Paul Skeens?
Speaker 2: And listen, I get not everyone's gonna have a perfect season and the Pirates are a five hundred ish team, But has Paul Skeens lost a little magic nine and nine era, a little under four or do you look at it as like, yo, it's still Paul Skans but we are you know, one hundred and ten games into the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you and Covino did talk about him a lot more on the air.
Speaker 2: I mean Paul Skean's previously, you know, we argue that you know, who's the who's the guy, and like you know, Livy Dunn as the girlfriend and he, you know, the guy was Rookie of the Year then saw a Young Award winner. This is a down year for Paul Skien, so I am curious how he finishes the last month and a half.
Speaker 4: If he were all of a sudden to go to a major market and the spotlight would be shining bright on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then you wonder, right, I mean Paul Skeans. But then again, these young pitchers we're starting to see, do they burn out quicker? It's his velocity has been way down. So we'll see what skeens now coming up on the show. I saw, I saw, this's so much stuff going on. I was saying with your Indiana fever and uh oh third rail, my man Sophie Cunningham. I had a thought about Sophie Cunningham and what she said and the fan response, and I think it's going to be very hard for people to disagree with what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 4: So are you gonna put up ten million dollars like Clay Travis? Is that what he did? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what, hold that thought as well. So I have a thought about Sophie Cunningham and all the stir in the WNBA. We'll get to that and more next right here, Kevin and rich on Fox Sports Radio. Now, if you work in logistics, you know one thing, nothing moves without you. And right now, companies everywhere are looking for skilled people who could keep their supply chain running strong. Find your next job through Express Employment Pros. At Express Employment Pros, logistics aren't just in another career field. It's a specialty from warehouse associates and forklift operators to shipping and receiving CDL drivers, inventory coordinators, and more. Express connects you with the roles that keep business moving. So all you have to do is go to expresspros dot com, find the location near you, give them a call. Whether you need to get your foot in the door with a contract row or you're looking for full time work, Express finds you a job where your skills fit, the experience that matters, and the best part with Express, there are never any job fees for seekers. So if you're ready for that next shift, to your next challenge, or the next big move, let Express help you find logistic jobs that fit. Visit expresspros dot com today. Stop searching alone, get support, get options, get to work.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Coveno Rich Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: On your first Monday of August, your first week of NFL football, everyone still got high hopes for their team. It could happen now if you work at logistics. Just a reminder from Fox Sports Radio. You know nothing moves without you. Companies need skilled people now, and Express Employment Pros can help you find a contract or full time work or the fits at no cost to you. Visit expresspros dot com, Get support, get options, get to work. And it's time to get that financial portfolio game ready with wee bol. Get powerful investing tools, real time data, all on one platform. Get started by downloading the wee bol app today or visiting wee bol dot com.
Speaker 7: Wee Bole Financial LLC Member SAPC Fenra Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bul dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 3: So we talked about it all today. We had I had a fun show.
Speaker 2: We talked about the Dodgers quite a bit and the trade deadline and how could the average fan admit that they might just be jealous of what the Dodgers have done, Because if you if you look at it that way and say, you know what, I'm just a little jealous of the fact that this already dominant team just got Tterrek Schooble, then you're just honest with yourself. And Baseball will figure this out in the next year or so. That's not our job, that's above our pay grade also talked a little bit about Deebo Samuel and some NFL stuff. But there's a story that as Danny g said, my man, it's a dangerous conversation.
Speaker 3: Our boss left said Third Rail.
Speaker 2: Sophie Cunningham made her comments about her feelings of trans athletes in women's sports right a couple of weeks ago made her statement, And I have a thought about Sophie Cunningham. And by the way, don't you feel like there's something to be said about such a subject that has such a small impact of people have to really attach themselves.
Speaker 3: To you know, there's only ten.
Speaker 2: I guess you would say registered trans athletes out of more than half a million collegiate athletes around the world.
Speaker 3: Ten.
Speaker 2: It's like to me, I just feel like it's it's like it's such an odd topic to really.
Speaker 3: Die on that you die on that hill.
Speaker 6: Like the discourse far exceeds the actual topic, Like the I am sam I can hear a million percent, Like it just gets it gets twisted in so many directions. I'm really tired.
Speaker 2: Cases are so far and few between that when people are well, you know, my thoughts are on trans people in sports, It's like, you mean a situation that'll happen.
Speaker 3: One out of a bazillion times.
Speaker 2: Like I said, ten, So we're talking about ten trans athletes currently right now in out of five hundred thousand in United States collegiate sports. That means it's forty minimum forty states that don't even this is not even an issue. Disregard disregard. If there's ten, that means there's at least forty states, because a couple of these trans athletes could be from the same states. So we're talking about forty plus states, not even issue. But it becomes a issue because people love to attach themselves to these hot button Instagram TikTok clickable things.
Speaker 3: Right, and Danny, you said it to me earlier. The latest was.
Speaker 2: Trans Kids Belong was a shirt worn by Minnesota Lynks coach Cheryl Reeve, and it became one of the biggest talking points because every time Sophie Cunningham got the ball that game, there was some booze.
Speaker 3: In the crowd.
Speaker 2: And again, I don't really care your stance on it. I think everything Sophie Cunningham said and a lot of people do, is completely reasonable. She says she has love for everyone, love for people in the trans community. She just doesn't think biologically born men that are trans should be competing in women's sports, which to me is a pretty reasonable thing to say. I don't think that's controversial. In fact, Steve and and and a bunch of other people have come and said, Sophie Cunningham didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: Like out of pocket.
Speaker 2: She said, you got love for everyone, But this is how she feels. And I bring this up because, on a way lighter note, have you seen like wherever she goes now there is a bunch of quote supporters.
Speaker 3: Of her, And you know what it reminds me of.
Speaker 2: You know when you see people that root for your team and you're like, oh, I hate that I root for the same team as them. You ever go to a game, Danny, you're a Raider saying you're going to a Raiders game and he says some drunk Raiders fans or act in a fool and you're like, and there's a party and it's like, I hate that we're rooting for the same thing.
Speaker 4: Of course, I think everybody has seen that underbelly side of your fan base where you're like, why did they have to represent the same team.
Speaker 2: I'll be a Niners game, and I'm like, oh, I look at that a hole over there, you know, drunk standing on a chair going the Gears Bang Bang Niners game. That I'm like, oh, I hate that. I hate that we have the same interest because I don't want you to be happy. You gotta feel like Sophie cutting him feels that way. She's like, all I did was give my opinion on something you asked, and now she has like the complete right wing reputation of the rightest of right wing people, showing up at outside of arenas she's playing in being like, I stand with Sophie, and she's probably thinking, I don't want you standing with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Her original comments were I think it's kind of common sense, and now she's like the face of what some people want to be a movement.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Like Sophie Cunningham said nothing more than I mean. The original quote was simple. She said, I have love for everyone. I have love for the trans community. I just don't think it doesn't gie for me in women's sports, And now like, you're right, Danny, it's almost being forced.
Speaker 3: That is she the face of like the right wing movement.
Speaker 4: And that's what happens when politics gets into sports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why it gets tricky, and it just it's just a reminder to everyone that it's it's wild to think these hot button issues. And do you click on the stuff on social media?
Speaker 3: Sam? Or do you avoid it?
Speaker 6: I mostly avoid it. Like people send stuff to me and they're like, what's your response? And my response is like, I think we're still trying to figure all this stuff.
Speaker 2: If you're an athlete, right, let's say you're in the w NBA or any sport for that matter. Gues training camps happening now, and I'm sure there's probably some reporters that will ask NFL players to try to catch them off guard, like, hey, you know justin Herbert, Hey brock party, what do you think about just what do you think about biological men and women's sports, the trans community. They're going to try to catch people off guard. If you're an athlete, how do you answer that question, Danny Sam? How do you answer it? If you're an athlete media training, do you give like the no comment?
Speaker 3: Did you earlier? Fauci and say no?
Speaker 4: Earlier on the show and even recently on the show, you said it's above our pay grade. That's what I would do. I would be like, I'm sorry, it's above all I get.
Speaker 2: You know, I get paid to catch a football, I get paid to hit a baseball. That's not a politics and sports and you know, not my avenue. But I just thought that was interesting that, whether she wants it or not, just by saying that one statement, which by the way, if you noticed, it wasn't even said with any seriousness, almost like happiness in her voice, like Hey, I love everyone, but I just you know, I stand by my morals, and my morals tell me that, you know, I don't think biological men trans women should be in women's sports. That alone got her crowds of people everywhere she goes, probably supporters she doesn't want.
Speaker 4: Well, it was.
Speaker 6: It started with the interview in print. Then she was asked a follow up question on you know, during an interview before one of their games recently, and she stood her ground. She kind of like answered it again she can reaffirm some of her stances, and then yeah, she's kind of taken off from here.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The other problem is on any side of politics or sports or anything, it is problematic when if someone doesn't agree with you, then they're wrong. That's something that's new to our generation. Back in the day, people could disagree on all types of things and it just you know, we disagree on things.
Speaker 4: Well when't you're in the sports lane, you have to at least try to look at both sides and be somewhat neutral because we're talking to the entire country, right, So you don't want to upset people, but you can't. And the people in the chat are saying, got to make a business decision. That's a cop out answer. But if your sports not really, because you guys, you and Coveno from time to time have discussed things that where politics have gotten into sports and you both have tried to stay down the middle with it.
Speaker 3: We'll keep in mind.
Speaker 2: But if if you're down in the middle, lot, because that's genuinely how you feel. Like, Hey, listen, there's some Republican things and democratic things. I'm a mix of all these things. I don't but I'm saying, what did Michael Jordan?
Speaker 5: What was?
Speaker 3: What has he been criticized for say?
Speaker 4: He wanted to guard his brand so he stayed out The famous quiet was the famous was the famous call like Republicans by sneakers too yep or something so like what.
Speaker 2: He got criticized for not speaking up. But then if you speak up with your truth, then you're you're going to find yourself in the middle. Yeah, man, that was do you think? Thank God you don't have to do that as a professional athlete. I will see you guys tomorrow. Enjoy your Monday, your last your last few days before the end. Time for you to watch Quarterback on that play begins tonight, Danny G. I will watch, so I'll let you know what I think of the first few episodes tomorrow. We'll see you then. Until then, all read it. There chee baby, see you and the promise saying goodbye