Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club Cowboys. This is Nick Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys have now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 2: We get a regular workweek going on here at the Star in Frisco. It's a Wednesday, and it's the official start of Bill's week.
Speaker 3: My week where I just thought of that as soon.
Speaker 4: As you know, you're too happy with yourself, too happy with yourself.
Speaker 2: And we got a lot to get to after missing on a Tuesday. But ever since, at least two of us were hard at work. It wasn't me. I shouldn't say us. Two of them were hard, hard at work on Tuesday. Red aprons on, had your red aprons on serving up something.
Speaker 3: No, just trying to stay clean with all the stuff we had to pick up and move. Tell us what you did, Savannah? To start off, she had heard I.
Speaker 5: Did the shopping, so I was running around.
Speaker 6: I got a list of families who I had to go pick out some gifts for, and I'd run around the war.
Speaker 3: Where was this at the Salvation Army.
Speaker 2: Warehouse okay, Salvation.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, And then I would bag it all up, make sure the kids had all the gifts that they wanted or needed. And then Mickey was doing the clock.
Speaker 3: I did the the pickups. So when the cars would pull in, they had a number, and so they pulled their number out and gave it to us, and we had to go down the aisles and find the bags that she was stuffing. And then we had a big shopping cart and we bring it outside and then the people outside take it and put it in the cars.
Speaker 2: So how many were involved in this endeavor?
Speaker 3: There was too many.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of volunteers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a fewer Cowboys employees volunteers.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And we had the two thirty to five thirty shift that ended early because the cars disappeared. They we didn't have as many as last year's. Last year they were lined up for a mile.
Speaker 4: Out of their street, right yeah.
Speaker 3: And this year, so I took I made two runs. I waited in line forever to make my third run. I got right to the front. I was next, and they got a phone call because these they the cars had to line up at red River in the parking lot there to get their qualification to go, and then they get a number. Well, there were no more cars at Red River and so they told, yeah, you can do something else, but we have no more cars coming by, and it was like, are you serious? I waited all this time and I didn't get my next pickup run. So most of us left early, but Savannah stayed to the end.
Speaker 2: I did with a primary role.
Speaker 5: There good to give back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in that time of the year, it is fun so and the people are very appreciative of getting all that stuff that they asked for. And it's not just for kids stuff. There was also like older adults that needed things like blankets or stuff like that. So yeah, it was pretty neat all.
Speaker 2: Right, So here we are a players back to work today and getting set for the.
Speaker 3: Buffalo Bills and a late arrival so they didn't need to be here till ten thirty, ten forty five, and it'll be late afternoon practice because Bill's not doing his press conference three thirty, so he's still you're doing your press confer.
Speaker 2: So yeah, Arthy's not doing his press conference film.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, it is Bills Wills, Bills press conference, Macarthury Press conference. Three thirty. Yeah, and so he's doing, you know, whatever he can to get him off as their feet for as long as possible before they start their preparation for the Bills.
Speaker 2: That's right. And the Bills who have gotten back on track here in the last couple of weeks after things were, uh, things were wavering for them early in November and now just in time to play the Cowboys and host the Cowboys on Sunday at three twenty five.
Speaker 4: So they fired their offensive coordinator, right, isn't that what happened a few weeks two weeks ago, a couple of weeks ago. So have things panned out better for the Buffalo offense SPACs?
Speaker 3: Well not really, No, Well, they they did score. So in two of the last three games that they've won, they've they've put up thirty two against the Jets in a thirty two to six win. They put up thirty four against Philadelphia in an overtime loss because they gave up thirty seven but had the winning touchdown pass in the end zone when the receiver looked the wrong way.
Speaker 4: Well, how do you know it's on the receiver? Did he say?
Speaker 3: I don't think the guy could? Well to me, it didn't look like he could find the football, and then only twenty points against Kansas City, but did that.
Speaker 2: Was after they won their bye weighte.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that they won their bye week, right, so they've so at one point, if they won two of their last three, they were five and they.
Speaker 2: Were five and they were yeah, well they were five and five. They were five and five and beat the Jets thirty two to six, then lost in overtime to Philadelphia to fall back to six and six, had their bye week, and then this past Sunday the game at Kansas City the Cadarius Tony game.
Speaker 4: There you go that we called this, well, okay, so from Kansas City, we're gonna call the first part of the season the Matt Nagy games because he can't call plays we're doing because it seems like that's what.
Speaker 6: They're trying to for every single game they say, they say forever and ever, that will be known as the Cardarius Tony.
Speaker 2: Game, right, the one He's like, just like they.
Speaker 4: Emison didn't Yeah, I know, I got it.
Speaker 3: At least you didn't step out of step over the line.
Speaker 2: Right I did?
Speaker 4: But so is Matt naked? That bat play call I have? I mean, they talk about him. You know, thought, well, they talked about me. The enemy was was you know the reason for.
Speaker 2: We've shifted the chief stok now right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's one of those things where Andy Reid's running that offense. Right. He may not be calling every play, but I mean that was the enemy's problem. He couldn't get out under the shadow of Andy Reid to get a head coaching job.
Speaker 5: So I'm looking up the weather report.
Speaker 6: Yes, please this week, because do I need my We got to keep keep an eye on that a little bit.
Speaker 5: You're you're probably gonna need coach.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is looking like a forty nine okay for the high forty two for the low raining potential rain light rain around three pm.
Speaker 2: Which is basically nightfall.
Speaker 6: There wind ten miles per hour is the Oh that's not bad, but the temperature drops a little.
Speaker 3: It's snow and not rain.
Speaker 4: I heard I heard some guy this morning. He was on the ticket. I know, I don't know if he knew what the hell he was talking about, but he's talking about lake effect snow and lake effect weather and all of that. Do you know what that guy was.
Speaker 3: I don't know who it was, but I know about lake effect weather.
Speaker 4: I think his name was was Mickey. I was listening to Mickey.
Speaker 3: That wasn't on this morning you yes, you were eleven two. I'm a fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just said, you've got to be ready for all the elements. And I know all about it.
Speaker 4: I thought I recognized that boy all.
Speaker 3: About Lake Shiver because I grew up south of the Lake.
Speaker 2: And this time of the year. I mean, we're basically the shortest day of the year. It's coming up here the twenty first and uh upstate New York. I mean it gets dark at what time? Five maybe three twenty five, three twenty five Dallas time, it's getting dark in the already dark there. Yeah, it's already dark.
Speaker 3: Probably the first quarter will not finish with any yeah.
Speaker 2: Try So it's basically it is basically a night game.
Speaker 4: So it only gets the lowest forty two. Yeah, so it's bad.
Speaker 2: Though we talked forty nine is the high. It's going to be closer to forty two.
Speaker 4: Day in Buffalo, so then it.
Speaker 2: Probably just feels colder there.
Speaker 7: See.
Speaker 3: And then we had we had the other part of the discussion was being able to win on the road. And my point is they're three and three on the road, but two of the games that they lost were against two of the teams that have the best records in the NFL. So was it the road or was it the opponent that you have to factor in?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't answer for Arizona. No elements. You're indoors against a bad opponent and you know, three offensive linemen missing, but you still gave up twenty eight points.
Speaker 4: Makes you when the coach doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sure does, because if.
Speaker 4: You remember, it makes no sense.
Speaker 3: After that game, I said that they're going to pay for that loss at some point during the season and it could come back to haunt them since it was an NFC loss.
Speaker 4: You know, when you look at Buffalo at home, they have been somewhat dominant at times, but they have lost some big games at home. Going back to last year. I believe it was just SINCI that they knocked them.
Speaker 2: Out and that was bad field bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it should have been their field conditional, that should have been what they were accustomed to. But you know, when you're coming from Cincinnati, I guess that's just another Sunday.
Speaker 2: And you look at their home games this year. Okay, the last time they played at home was November nineteenth, the Jets game, which was a win thirty two to six. The previous Monday night they lost to Denver, and everybody's losing to Denver these days. Twenty four to twenty two was the final score there. And prior to that, I went over Tampa Bay twenty four eighteen, they beat the Giants fourteen to nine.
Speaker 3: Oh, stay my beating heart.
Speaker 2: They lost. I'm sorry. That was in London.
Speaker 3: Was neutral.
Speaker 2: They lost to Miami at home forty eight to twenty on October first, and actually they won over Miami forty eight to twenty October first, and they beat Las Vegas at home thirty eight to ten. So they started off the season very strong at home.
Speaker 4: They're just not that impressive at home. It seems like when things start going bad. And I know this happened to an extreme compassion. The one game we won in nineteen eighty nine was on the road. You know, sometimes you get tired of losing at home and you need to be away from your people.
Speaker 3: Sunday night at Washington, and Washington came in and they were indignant. They could have run right over the Cowboys, but they kept throwing the football they couldn't complete. I think Doug Williams came back.
Speaker 4: From a bag from a bad bag.
Speaker 3: Yep, pretty good, huh it is. Don't ask me what happened last.
Speaker 4: Year, though?
Speaker 2: Can you can you remember the details? Can you remember the details from the fifteen losses?
Speaker 4: They all just they're.
Speaker 2: A lot easier to remember the details of your only winning.
Speaker 3: Here's the here's the detail I remember from that year. So they were zero to eight, and at that point it was like, you know, you were kind of analyzing what was going on, and you're picking on them on this was bad and that was bad, and then you come to the conclusion they're just bad. So there's there's no sense picking at it right to understand what you're doing. But in the back of my mind, I'm thinking, you know what, I'm going to see NFL history, the first team to go and sixteen right, And then when they when they won the game, it was like, oh, hell, now was just a bad season. I thought I was going to be covered something really significant.
Speaker 2: It just occurred to me that one in fifteen season. It was a lot like my golf game horrible on seventeen old that one hole where I brings my bag, right yeah, anyway, all right, we're just getting started on this edition of mixed Shots. So much to get to when we come back in a moment.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 2: Snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll one for a first down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us every sesame seed on the bun and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cooled koola A journey to foutopia burgers better with PEPSI, That's what I like.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 7: Did you know they're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 3: Demit shuts.
Speaker 6: Kpost roofing and waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. You guys, Brandon Aubrey named Special Teams Player every week for the second time this year.
Speaker 2: Mickey's boy four for four in that game, thirty for thirty on the season, with the field goals of what sixty fifty nine fifty forty five something like that?
Speaker 3: Right, press kicker to make two fifty plus fifty nine plus field goals in the same game, how about that?
Speaker 2: Did you see who the offensive players of the week are in the conferences?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jets quarterback Zach Wilson is the offensive player of the week in the AFC. My guy, Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 3: Guess the Vito and all the Pyazons. What a picture that was agent all the things.
Speaker 2: Casting. Yeah, yeah, you know there's going to be a movie, right, and they don't even have to They just can use real real people, you know.
Speaker 3: And they would all just love it too. No fake Jersey accents, no fake Italian accents. Au very authentic, you know.
Speaker 2: The two Monday night games. I was thinking about this as I was watching it unfold. All right, so you had basically three first year quarterbacks, first year starters, becaukay, everybody's hurt and well with Jordan Love with Green Bays. Even though he's in the league for his fourth year, he's finally playing for the first time. So he leads a comeback to take the lead, and then the veto leads the Giants back for the game winning field goal. And then if you flip over to the Tennessee Miami game, and there's the second round draft pick will Levis getting his opportunity against the Mighty Dolphins, who lost players left and right, including Connor Williams for the season. By the way, Connor Williams won't be playing against Cowboys, and Connor govern will be right this week for Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Rob Stroud not so much right then he get me.
Speaker 2: And it's c J. Strugg knocked out late in the game for Houston. But anyway, so then.
Speaker 3: And you had another backup quarterback starting for Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was just talking about the Monday night game.
Speaker 3: I know, you know what I was doing the whole league.
Speaker 2: But you look at there are three quarterbacks who from different walks of college life, Okay, who had an opportunity in primetime on Monday night and came through And you got me to think and actually made those games more compelling to me, just to see if these rookie quarterbacks or first year starter quarterbacks could come through in the clutch, and they did in that case. Monday Night added some intrigue to those games.
Speaker 3: And by the way, to amplify what she said about Brandon Aubury, that's his second player Special Teams Player of the Week week A week after the Rams game. I think that's when he finally broke the consecutive street and now has extended it to thirty for thirty and had a horde of cameras and reporters around him in the locker.
Speaker 4: Room about time. They don't really give him much notice, you know, they much coverage, right, you know, he's a guy that we're really taking for granted. That's what I want to.
Speaker 3: Think about this. Think about when we started in training camp and we're all going looking for what's the weakness of this team. Well, they don't really have a kicker. We don't know what's going on and what was it.
Speaker 4: And that's coming into the season we had.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, and then they and then right away they cut Tristan Viscayano and it's like, Okay, the rookie who has never kicked in the NFL before, who's only kicked two seasons professionally, only kicked two seasons in his life for a team, is now the kicker. And by god, he's been on fly.
Speaker 4: So far. And he said the same thing last year, you know, with Brett Maher.
Speaker 3: He was doing so and then the playoffs he was doing so well. Well, look, if it wasn't for the playoffs, if the Cowboys are in the playoffs, he's making three million dollars a year this year because of what he did in the in the regular scene, which all and.
Speaker 4: It really wasn't the playoffs. It was the Titans game, right, that's when he's not Tampa Bay was no. I mean it was the last was the last game of the season.
Speaker 3: That was Washington.
Speaker 4: He was screwing up that game.
Speaker 3: He missed or missed extra point, got blocked and I think he missed the field goal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's when you could see something was going bad. You know, couldn't be worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what, he let that lumpy field get in his head. What the field and.
Speaker 4: Fields followed him to the other game. I'm saying I understand.
Speaker 3: That, but I mean mentally followed him, Well, yes, sometimes when you're perfect, you gotta be careful because now you've got to handle the inhuman and so far this guy's handled it all pretty darn well.
Speaker 2: So the league meetings are going on in Dallas as we speak, and the news today the NFL will play a regular season game in Brazil next year.
Speaker 3: I thought that was yesterday, but go ahead, okay, what's the day today?
Speaker 2: Thirteen? It is December thirteenth, dateline, Dallas, December thirteenth. NFL plays a regular season game in Brazil in twenty twenty four, first ever in South America, and the NFL will have played a regular or preseason game in five of these seven continents, Africa and Antarctica. Got next.
Speaker 3: I think that's.
Speaker 4: Probably that's your brothers always get left out, man. I forgot.
Speaker 3: We can't find how many football stadiums.
Speaker 4: They they can build what you want.
Speaker 3: Well, you're right, they can build what you want.
Speaker 2: So next year, game three in London, one in Munich, and one in Brazil for five international.
Speaker 3: Games and who's playing in them and we will.
Speaker 2: Find out early next year who's going to be playing in the game in Brazil. And this just in four minutes ago more international NFL news clubs approved an increase in the number of international games from four up to eight in twenty twenty five. No club will be required to play more than one game outside of North America in the same season, unless they choose to Jacksonville.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really so eight international games in two years in twenty twenty five, Mickey, you have your passport updated?
Speaker 3: I do. As a matter of fact, I've got the what's the thing that's better than the TSA pre check Global entry?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 3: Yes, I got approved.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know some drug dealers too.
Speaker 3: They get to approved of it, so they're going to let me out and let me in.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 2: So where do you think they're sending the Cowboys?
Speaker 3: Brazil?
Speaker 2: Take Brazil next year?
Speaker 3: Don't you take.
Speaker 2: About time the Cowboys made one of these international trips.
Speaker 3: As long as they don't say you got to give up.
Speaker 2: A home zame Brazil, Germany and in London would be really cool too.
Speaker 3: They've done that, already done that. But they're done that. Yeah, but it's still pretty cool. It was a good trip twenty fourteen and nineteen eighty six in a preseason game. That's right.
Speaker 5: When was the last time they went to.
Speaker 3: Play internationally twenty fourteen. Twenty fourteen, we spent a week in London.
Speaker 2: That was the Joseph Randall game.
Speaker 4: Really what happened?
Speaker 2: He ran for he had a good day.
Speaker 4: Oh is as good a good game after someone I didn't know. We're getting optimistic big.
Speaker 2: So ten years later that would be Yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember trying to find some tasty food in London.
Speaker 3: Well, you had to eat other international food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did not the English I did. I did because Hardway Cafe they met the I mean, how do you mess up hard Cafe food?
Speaker 3: As I remember the hotel, the hotel we were staying at. The best food was breakfast. It was just an array of stuff.
Speaker 4: The best place around there was you walk right down the street behind the Hilton and there was an Italian joint, right white white tablecloth. Everything had a great meal.
Speaker 2: You you remember the London preseason game.
Speaker 3: Against the Bears.
Speaker 2: No, I was against the Lions there.
Speaker 3: But I remember, oh you weren't there. No, I was freelancing. Oh okay, I didn't have anybody to I.
Speaker 2: Was on the charter and so we had to It was a night game London dime, and then we the charter didn't leave until hours after the game, and so we had to check our bags and everything. And then there was a wait after the game back at the hotel waiting to take off, and so in the hotel lobby, restaurant slash Bar were all waiting hours out. What I remember most from that trip was Nate and Frisco. Nate and Frisco does not remember this, I'm sure, but you know, you know how playful Nate and Frisco could be with Imagine I remember walking by him going into the restaurant Slash ball are and Nate and Frisco hit me in the chest. I have never been hit harder in my life.
Speaker 3: About took the breath out of me.
Speaker 2: It just it was a love tap from Nate and Frisco. It was a love tap, but from it, I was like, oh my god, I got a feel for just how physical the National Football League must be if that's a love tap.
Speaker 4: Way behind it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the reporter will but name, But was that the game where someone did their TV live shot with a win and a loss.
Speaker 2: Because taped it ahead of time.
Speaker 11: Ahead of tie, so they had to send they had to send the reports ahead of time, and so you try to.
Speaker 2: Cover yourself with. Okay, cowboys are a bad day, such a bad day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, bad day work, and he's sitting there watching the game, going.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was a thirteen to thirteen tie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: So back back to the Bill's game, Bill's week. Yeah, this one is somewhat critical when it comes to injuries with Jonathan Hankins. Now they're saying sprained ankle. I think we've heard high sprained ankle.
Speaker 4: Which is worse.
Speaker 3: Yes, especially for a guy that's three hundred and twenty five pounds, and Dan Quinn talked about how important Jonathan Hankins has been on their defense, talking about how he's square, keeps square to the line of scrimmage against the run, he's strong and has experience and that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's playing well.
Speaker 3: And he's got three sacks. Now that's crazy, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 5: That's why I picked him to pick.
Speaker 3: And then he got hurt of it, and then he got hurt so.
Speaker 5: Well, will Mazzie Smith then step in?
Speaker 3: I would imagine he gets the first opportunity. I figured out he's only averaging. I just wrote it down like thirteen fifteen snaps a game, and his most has been in the blowout win over the Giants. The second time around, he had like twenty four snaps, so he hasn't really played that much. There's a possibility and they probably will do it. Carl Davis June.
Speaker 4: That was that was a.
Speaker 2: Under the radar big signing, so to speak. And I literally a big signing last last month. Yes, and it was Carl Davis. I believe he's been with New England earlier this year nine year. Yeah, I mean, big guy from Iowa. But it was that was looking ahead, what if something happens to Jonathan Hankins. I mean, as a personnel department, you're going through the roster and say, okay, it's what IF's at every position. And Carl Davis was a guy that became available and they decided to sign into the practice squad. And the main reason for that. He's a trusted veteran guy who's got nine years experience in the league. And if anything happens to Jonathan Hankins, then you got that, as Randy White would call it, big Bezuoka to put in the middle of the defensive line three five pounds, well, and see Mazi is not three hundred and thirty five pounds.
Speaker 4: I think that's one reason. I don't think they could see that Nosey was not doing well.
Speaker 2: Well and Mazi say that as the season has gone on, Mozzi when he was drafted was listed as three hundred and twenty five pounds. He is closer probably to three hundred pounds, and he is three twenty five.
Speaker 6: Now let's say as three twenty eight from Ust three twenty down there you go.
Speaker 4: And that, but he's actually what he's down.
Speaker 2: I heard he was down in the low three hundred. So this is at the time, at the time of the Carl Davis signing. Yeah, that and you know.
Speaker 4: How do you how do you have that much of a discrepom that's Michigan though, maybe.
Speaker 2: Just working out or working out and eating, you know what I'm saying, and eating.
Speaker 4: I do you know, like, oh, yeah, he's three twenty three fifty, but then he's sixty four but six two, you know, he's two hundred and ten pounds. No, he's really about one ninety seven.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't put my one twenty eight program when I was in high school.
Speaker 4: So that's what I'm saying. What is it them being just generous with the numbers at Michigan when we drafted him.
Speaker 2: Or I think he'mately laid that and then.
Speaker 4: And he legitimately lost twenty plus pounds.
Speaker 2: I think, so, yeah, that's not bad.
Speaker 4: I mean, if it's if if he can.
Speaker 2: Lose, and that's where they're actually looking at him as being more of a three technique type than one technique, you know, at that at three hundred pounds over three twenty.
Speaker 3: Times, but the whole negrative about him, right, so.
Speaker 2: Now he could get back up, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's how maybe they have to figure out.
Speaker 2: And the other part it is is they figure out his metabolism, you know, with the workout schedule they have here and what he really needs to eat in order to maintain if they want him to play at three twenty. That's but okay, so the Cowboys are monitoring that as they go along the season, they realize, okay, what if we lost Jonathan Hankins, then what you know, and and this is nothing against Mazzie Smith. If he's not the same person that you drafted for, which was being that rotation with Hankins, whatever, then you need somebody. And so Carl Davis I thought it was a shrewd move to bring him in in case you were without Hankins for a game or two.
Speaker 4: I'm curious to see how Mazzi would play under this new body. You know, how would they help him improve? Well? You know, will he get dominated?
Speaker 3: Well? Because he early he was I mean, I don't know I had to do with his weight, but he was slow off the ball, the snow off.
Speaker 4: The same time you're losing twenty plus pounds, you're going to be affected in some way, and hopefully for the better. Right, is that's something that that's quite a move. I know he's still, you know, three hundred pound guy, but that's quite a move to make. Weight wise, it has to affect his quickness in a good way.
Speaker 3: And then the only other defensive lineman that they have that's kind of a tackle sixty five three eighty five prevalent will prevalent? Is that how you say it? They call him pre Willington. But he's a first year guy, so he hadn't played much.
Speaker 2: How big is he?
Speaker 3: Six ' five? It says the weight eighty five.
Speaker 2: I thought he said three eighty five to eighty five.
Speaker 3: I thought you said I might have, but it's too eighty five.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to clarify that he's to eighty five, He's not three eighty five.
Speaker 4: That sounds like a defensive ND Willington Prevalon, doesn't. That sounds like a defensive ND.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or a three tnique or a five technique.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that from a size standpoint, yeah, And and Quinn said that we would, you know, do it from within because I'm sure everybody's looking at well, who's available. When I saw somebody's soup name came, I thought somebody had already signed him, didn't they?
Speaker 2: You had mentioned it last week, but upon further review, that signing did not take place. It was not in Philadelphia, brought.
Speaker 3: We have a reputation, But how about how about good information? By the way, so guess what was sitting in everybody's locker today? And what was on the hoodie?
Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 3: And I'm about there we go, here we go, And it wasn't go. It was four o's and go. I got some very good And I'd just written that.
Speaker 2: Who had suggested that the marketing campaign me, that's right?
Speaker 3: And I had just written and I said the hashtag.
Speaker 2: Here we here we go with with multiple o's on the end because the Steelers have the you know, a couple of years ago the NFL wide they had hashtags for each team. Well, the Steelers stole here we go and a Steeler built in Steeler logo on the end of it. So you have to add the o's and it's not customized. Fortunately, someone who follows me on Twitter I was threw it out there and then he gave me the little Cowboys star logo to put on the end of it. But it's not you have to add it everything, and I don't have it.
Speaker 3: And you know why it took off, don't you what? Because Jason Garrett asked h Act about it in the pregame interview.
Speaker 2: Like, we didn't know about this until Jason asked him about it.
Speaker 3: We had no idea he was one year ago. What the rest of the world didn't know was he wanted to know how it started. And and Dak said, well, that's funny because somebody just asked me that the other day, and he goes, Mickey.
Speaker 6: Vicky got a shout out, No, he didn't.
Speaker 4: He just said everybody because he knows everybody.
Speaker 3: Was talking to Jason, right, He didn't need a last name.
Speaker 4: Right, you know that Flints?
Speaker 2: So how many people who heard that interview Mickey? Who who they were referring to?
Speaker 3: The cowboy fans know ys Everson? He sees it every Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 2: Right, Mickey is an icon.
Speaker 3: It was pretty funny.
Speaker 6: So what was the story behind it to here we go? Because he pulled Tyler fiatis right?
Speaker 3: I didn't talk about it Friday? He did, I did, right, Yeah, Yeah, he pulled Tyler over and Tyler said, well, you kept saying let's go, let's go, And he said at one point you said here we go. Come on, because he.
Speaker 4: Wanted everybody shut the hell up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used a different term when I was talking to them. I said, I used an F in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because it's time to get the got time to get the cadence going right, clock's running out of us four got.
Speaker 2: Up, Here we go, It's time for a break. Here on mix shots, We're back in a moment a long time ago.
Speaker 10: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Clue, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miliberal Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts at AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash beat scammers TX.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 2: It's the crisp crunch.
Speaker 9: That first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping.
Speaker 2: There's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 5: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Tom Shots.
Speaker 6: Get a frame worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Realty. Santa Claus will be at his Cowboys themed cottage in the Star District through December twenty fourth. Book your visit before December ninth and save five do with the code star five.
Speaker 5: Visit Thestar District dot com slash Santa for more info.
Speaker 6: We're past number ninth on this, so if we can't use that five dollars code, everybody.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Mickey just asked a question and I think we probably should address it as we kick off Bill's week here. Mickey, you're asking a question about the Bill's nickname.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why did they name them of the Bills?
Speaker 2: Well, according to Wikipedia, the Bill's name is derived from an All America Football Conference franchise from Buffalo that was interim named after Western frontiersman Buffalo Bill.
Speaker 3: I had it, I had it excellent. Why would they pick that? Buffalo's not got anything to do with Westerns and cowboys?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Buffalo, it's Buffalo Bill, the original it's from I think Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because don't they.
Speaker 6: Have his They do Buffalo Bills Days in Denver where they celebrate, because don't they have There's.
Speaker 3: A a tombstone.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 5: Got Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right where the Buffalo are roaming along Eye seventy.
Speaker 2: Yes, Buffalo Bill passed away in nineteen seventeen at age seventy in Denver in his resting place at Lookout Mountain, Colorado.
Speaker 3: So the Bills were just.
Speaker 2: Denver Broncos. Should be named the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, the Denver Bills. Okay, well we got to the bottom of that.
Speaker 2: We don't play Buffalo very often to I mean, we have played them in Super Bowls, though.
Speaker 3: And I think so.
Speaker 2: Do you think that question was posed back then?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I only just accepted things back then.
Speaker 2: That's right, that we questioned.
Speaker 4: I questioned things back then. Yeah, we got yes in trouble too, because nobody else got your back. All right?
Speaker 2: Uh, this is what's the today's date? Thirteenth thirteenth? We uh will remiss last convened? Weren't we?
Speaker 4: Yes? We were?
Speaker 2: Why what we miss on Monday?
Speaker 4: Man? We missed an important freaking holiday December eleventh?
Speaker 2: December eleventh? What about December eleven?
Speaker 6: We missed the one and only Vickey spag Nola's birthday.
Speaker 3: Gosh, it's okay if you guys missed one if I don't.
Speaker 4: Slow class.
Speaker 3: But as long as I don't miss.
Speaker 2: The wells belated birthday.
Speaker 3: And we won't say what number it was, well we can if we want.
Speaker 2: It's up to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know how.
Speaker 3: It correlates with Tuma.
Speaker 2: Oh really, so you passed Buffalo Bill's rescuing.
Speaker 4: Age.
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 4: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Does it never have a December birthday?
Speaker 2: But it's not you me birthday?
Speaker 4: And here yet and you guys didn't miss it, We missed yours? Man? I cannot believe that. I have to. I'll fall on the sword on that one because I know we talked about it at the Q and A on Saturday, So yeah, we should have said something.
Speaker 2: Did they sing Happy birthday to you at the Q and A on Saturday and early birthday?
Speaker 4: Don't?
Speaker 2: I don't believe?
Speaker 4: So no, we did. We did that.
Speaker 3: That's on me.
Speaker 4: I should have missed that birthday.
Speaker 3: That's right, because Chris, that's my brother's birthday, same day. Guess what? Yeah, his birthday and my sister's birthday on the same day too.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wait a second, whose birthday and your sisters? Chris?
Speaker 4: Really? Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Not the same year but the same day.
Speaker 4: Still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So when is when is Producer Supreme's birthday?
Speaker 3: January twelfth?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Still be doing this January, Chris, I'll write it all down the Savannah Winds years.
Speaker 5: July seventh, Okay, we won't be doing.
Speaker 3: That's okay, the day the day after they signed Brandon.
Speaker 2: You know who I share a birthday with?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: My sister? Okay, my twin sisters? Yah know that when Yeah, she's much better looking. And I also share a birthday with Michael Parsons.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, now that's just too much.
Speaker 2: May twenty six I.
Speaker 4: Think you changed your birthday just so I.
Speaker 2: Can always remember Michael Parson's birthdays May twenty sixth.
Speaker 4: Mine was Denzel is Denzel Washington.
Speaker 2: So when's your birthday?
Speaker 4: December twenty Eighthcember eight.
Speaker 5: I'm writing it all.
Speaker 2: Down, okay. So where are we at that It'll be a Thursday, December twenty eighth. We will have a show that day, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if I'll be here Zel. Come on, man, it's party on your birthday.
Speaker 2: Come on, I'll party here on your birthday.
Speaker 4: That does not sound fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what do we need to study up for for tomorrow's episode of Mixed Shots? What would you like? Our homework is signment Josh Josh Allen. Josh Allen, you got it. You passed over that game against Philadelphia a little bit, and my sources in Philadelphia and I remember watching it on television. But a guy that was on the sideline watching that game said Josh Allen's game against Philadelphia was one of the best quarterback performances he has witnessed. Just what he had endured that day and.
Speaker 5: That game was unbelievable. He carried the team and should have thrown.
Speaker 3: That game winning touch.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get Josh Allen's best effort on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I would imagine, I would imagine along with some guy named.
Speaker 4: Digs too, And that's my aspect. I'm looking at it from that aspect. I want to see how their DB's are going to play us. I want to see how this environment, the weather, you know, how would that affect our offense on the road in a place that we've really these guys never played in Buffalo. None of these guys ever played in Buffalo. I'd love to see. I'm going to love to see how we how they handle our passing game. I don't think they can. So I'm looking at dbs. I'm looking at linebackers. Who's going to be trying to cover our tight ends because Ferguson's going to have a day, you know, Can they stop the run? These are things I have I know nothing about Buffalo, and these are the things I'm going to be looking forward to finding out.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: The big thing is Mickey's looking up something in the media. Guy that's going to be very pertinent to what you just said.
Speaker 3: I'm sure last two times the Cowboys played Buffalo. They've gotten beat sixteen to six in Buffalo in fifteen and then twenty six fifteen in Dallas in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: The last time we played in Buffalo.
Speaker 3: Was when twenty fifteen, so dak or Romo would have been out. Do you know the quarterback was that day twenty fifteen, Well it was.
Speaker 4: It would have been uh, he's looking it up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was a totally end of the season. Wow. Yeah, Kellen Moore was the quarterback second to last game of the season. They had kicked the bucket already and decided that let's see what this kid can do.
Speaker 4: How did they do?
Speaker 3: I think he did. I think he did. Okay, I mean he didn't put up but six points. So it did much better against Washington the next week, although they got beat thirty four to twenty three.
Speaker 2: You know, when you look at this Buffalo team, and I think one of the main reasons that they started the wheels started coming off on their season in October was when they lost their linebacker Matt Milano and they lost their cornerback for Davius White within a week of each other, and right after that they lost to Jacksonville. Then they just beat the Giants fourteen to nine. They lost at New England of all places, twenty nine to twenty five. Then they beat Tampa Bay by just a touchdown. Then they lost at Cincinnati, and then they lost to Denver. So that's one, two, three, four losses in six games. After they lost Milano and White to injuries.
Speaker 4: Those but now they and they're not scoring on offense after they lost defensive players. Right, so they went this away all the way around.
Speaker 2: I think you take two of their best players. Milino, you can make the argument he's their best player on defense, and that's a setback for a team and a team that's already strapped against the cap as far as any replacements go. You know, so now you're catching them after they've recovered from that. Okay, and they've they've sorted things out, so which makes it more of a challenge facing them in December than back in October.
Speaker 3: We will, especially it's in Buffalo there. You go, all right, you think they still remember the losses in the Super Bowl. Oh, that's too fire, No, it is not.
Speaker 10: They can't forget.
Speaker 4: They will not.
Speaker 3: Have to be over the age of forty well thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: The second way they'll they'll try to gym out there too now and up the crowds. So yeah, trust me, it's a good point. All right.
Speaker 2: We're back with another episode of Mixed Shots tomorrow. In the meantime, belated Happy birthday, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.