Speaker 1: Oh man, this one gets wild. Hey, it's freaking Jeffrey in the morning. We got a brand new second Date episode. And I don't know. I mean, I think that there will be as many people on the woman's side as there is the man's side on this one. Really, I don't know. I tend to lean towards the guy here, but yeah, that's true. But then there is Yes, yes, a lot of women might agree. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know either.
Speaker 2: There's all kinds of people out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either way, you're gonna have some feelings. Let us know that.
Speaker 3: I just really imagine a bag flying in first class by itself.
Speaker 2: They're just putting the food in the purse.
Speaker 1: That'll make sense on a second Yeah, sure, all right, let's get to uh, listener, what do we got?
Speaker 3: Yes, Stormy Sky said this is the type of calculated dating I never knew I needed to hear.
Speaker 1: Oh that must be from the one where she made the rules for herself. Yeah, that we had last week. Yes, so now that you heard it, I don't know if this is going to make your dating life better or make you one of those people. I don't know being one of those people make things better. I don't know either. Yeah, I definitely was not calculated in my dating life. Very messy, but it all worked out. So good luck to everyone, And here's your brand new episode right now.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second Date Updates.
Speaker 2: Today's second date update is going to be a little different because one of our listeners, Kelly, wrote in saying she is one hundred percent not interested in getting another date with this guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, we've done a couple like these, not very often, but every once in a while we're doing a second date and a revenge cal answer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand the confusion because it kind of goes against the whole point of this segment. But I'm giving her a pass today because apparently there is a juicy story that goes along with it. And also, I'm a sucker for people who threaten me over email. I will give in pretty much immediately threatened cut.
Speaker 1: Why do I like her already?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Respect Kelly, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hi guys, Hey, Kelly oh Man.
Speaker 1: Such a nice voice for a threatening, scary one.
Speaker 2: No, I have chills down my spine just hearing you in person now. And Kelly, I don't know the full situation that you're in right now. But apparently there is a dude that you went out with according to your email. You want us to call him today. What's his name?
Speaker 6: Calvin said?
Speaker 1: What did he do wrong.
Speaker 6: With a name like Calvin?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: We met on a new dating app that I was trying out.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 6: Slightly risque and it has a financial bar.
Speaker 1: For both sides? Are just for the men.
Speaker 5: For both sides?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh it's.
Speaker 1: Rich people dated up?
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't.
Speaker 1: We're not in the right tax bracket.
Speaker 3: I literally can't picture with dating app.
Speaker 2: This is still like I don't, but I've always said the world needs more rich people marrying other rich people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, his lifestyle management. Yes, Yeah, we just clicked. We talked back and forth all the time. He just seemed very cool and exactly what I was looking for on paper.
Speaker 2: Was there a date that happened between you two?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well we're not in the same location, so you can match with anyone all over the world.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, so are you at least in the same country.
Speaker 6: We were both in the US, Yeah, but we were in completely different places temporarily.
Speaker 2: I was going to Dubai next week.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: Alexis rolls her eyes at the idea of him being in the US. But that's okay. Yeah, yeah, we are your options all over the globe, and I guess you want to slum it here.
Speaker 6: I see your girl.
Speaker 1: Wait did you fly to him or did he fly to you?
Speaker 6: It was actually quite sweet. I we were talking one afternoon. I said, you know, I've used to love the snow growing up, and I didn't get to see a lot of it where I lived. And so he lives somewhere that it's snowy in the winter, and so he suggested a really nice resort in his area.
Speaker 2: When resort, what do you mean? What type of resort? Ski?
Speaker 6: Resort?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 6: Okay, it's a nice like five star with a spa and locations.
Speaker 1: The concierge that brings your skis to you. You can hit the slopes after your morning breve, so you're both good skiers.
Speaker 6: No, it sounded great, but he well, it's not his fault.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 6: He didn't realize. But I know I don't. I don't ski.
Speaker 1: Oh what the bar of the launches is fun?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, yeah, I didn't mind if he skied. So anyway, we get out there and we'd agreed that I would spend one night in his place before we drove an hour away to the resort. Okay, okay, wow, all right we did that. He offered me the guest bedroom, which was very gentlemanly. Yeah, he made a great first impression. It was right on target.
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds awesome to be able to do this for somebody too.
Speaker 2: Like I know, now I'm like confused because your email said you're not interested in seeing him again? Like, how did you reach that conclusion?
Speaker 6: I'll explain. So we get to the resort, and the resort, you know, it's nice enough, but there is zero snow.
Speaker 4: Oh Brooks.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, I gotta say though it's not a very good season, right, like at a lot of resorts. Is that what was going on?
Speaker 6: I have no idea. I don't keep tabs on the resorts because I don't ski and he does, so I assumed he would have. He could have called just to text.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: So, do you feel like he should have canceled the date or changed the plan after realizing there wouldn't be enough snow at the resort right, or.
Speaker 6: Not suggested it?
Speaker 7: I mean no, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I know your goal was to see snow, but maybe his goal was just to have a date weekend.
Speaker 6: Well, then it starts to feel like, you know, he's just inviting me over for Netflix and chill. He'd made such a big deal about it being winter Wonderland.
Speaker 2: He did promise you a lot and not deliver on any of this.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, is this a reason why you're so upset? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean he didn't. He had also had no plan to entertain us. I mean I had to kind of fend for myself. I was like, oh, I guess I'll get a many petty in a massage.
Speaker 2: And that sounds awful.
Speaker 1: Talking to Lodge, it's only a spawn.
Speaker 2: Hot Brook. What are you not understanding? He's a liar. He manipulated her into thinking that they were going to have this magical winter experience and then didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: I bet he was disappointed too, wasn't he Because he's a skier, so wasn't he disappointed?
Speaker 6: No, he didn't seem bothered by any of it. He was happy to just Netflix and chill.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, he's trying to turn, you know, lemons into lemonade.
Speaker 2: So you've decided he is not a good guy. You don't want to date him. But what made you reach out to us, like, what are you hoping to get out of this call?
Speaker 6: Well, this is why my friend told me to call. So I you know, I left. I just called an uber finally because he just wasn't initiating any plans. I just wanted to sit around all weekend. And finally I was like, Okay, I think we've ridden this strain as far as it's going to ride. And I called a car and stopped the flight out. Well, my bag was still at his house.
Speaker 1: What Oh.
Speaker 6: I have contacted him several times and asked him to ship the bag back to me, and he's not responding at all. My luggage is at his house. I only had a small bag with me, like an overnight.
Speaker 2: So you went straight from the resort to the airport and flew home.
Speaker 1: Did you tell him? Did you tell him you were leaving?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I left a note.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, So he came back from like skiing or something and was like, ohne.
Speaker 1: Not skiing because there's no snow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was at the gym or something.
Speaker 2: Oh selfish.
Speaker 1: So we're just calling him to try to get your expensive bag back.
Speaker 6: I just want my bag back.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, we will actually follow through with our promises, unlike Calvin. When we come back and do this call right after this hold on.
Speaker 4: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, Second date updates.
Speaker 2: I just want to apologize to all of the women of this world for the low life, selfish men you lie and mislead them. Because when a man plans winter vacation, he should at least make sure winter is there. Come on, hello Winter, where'd you go?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: But nope, despicable schmucks like Calvin exist, unfortunately, because he promised our listener, Kelly, a luxury resort weekend full of skiing and champagne and even hot tubs.
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't ski, but she did want to see the snow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he promised her that. But when they arrived, nope, not a drop of snow on the mountain. Thankfully, we have somebody to blame for that, Calvin.
Speaker 1: Okay, he controls the weather.
Speaker 2: At least Kelly's blaming him for not checking. That would have been the responsible, not selfish thing to do. I guess he couldn't be bothered to do that. So that brings us to where we are now. Oh and yes, she also left her bag back at Calvin's house and she kind of needs that back because she left.
Speaker 1: In a hurry and just left him a note.
Speaker 2: It's like, who could blame her? I would get out of there too. So that's our mission today, Kelly. Again, I am so so sorry that you were having to go through this.
Speaker 6: Thank you. I appreciate the sympathy.
Speaker 2: You are welcome.
Speaker 1: Kelly. Can I play devil's advocate for just a second.
Speaker 2: Right here?
Speaker 1: Did you ever think that, like, maybe you could have talked to him about how you felt what.
Speaker 6: I spent two or three days expressing my discussion with suation.
Speaker 1: I should have known you made it a lot of clear. I just feel like you didn't give him a chance.
Speaker 2: And it's kind of how many times on this show are you going to take the men's side. It's annoying that was constantly standing up for the male of it. They're disgusted. Have a woman's back for once. Can you please come on, Brug.
Speaker 1: Just call Calvin.
Speaker 2: We're going to reach out to Calvin and get your bag back. Kelly, you ready, I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's do start calling that tone, Jeff, I'll bring it down.
Speaker 1: Can't send sarcasm?
Speaker 2: Hello, Oh Calvin, this is Calvin, right, do not come in that hot jeff I just said his name, Calvin.
Speaker 1: No, you didn't just say it said Calvin. Hi, Calvin.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yeah, good morning, Just confirming Calvin. Where we're with a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. You've probably heard of it.
Speaker 5: No, No, I don't know what to say, so polite.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, Calvin, this is a segment that we do. It's called the second Date Update. Normally, we're trying to like reconnect listeners after they've gone out with someone and they're not getting a callback. We're on a kind of a different mission today because we heard from a girl that you met up recently named Kelly.
Speaker 7: Really joking right, he.
Speaker 2: Shocked lot to say. I mean, spoiler alert, she's not happy.
Speaker 1: She doesn't mince word.
Speaker 2: You got the sense that she wasn't having a good time on your quote unquote ski trip.
Speaker 5: Uh yeah, I got that sense over and over and over.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what was it like?
Speaker 2: Happy?
Speaker 5: H Are you calling me to like hear my side of the story? Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And an apology maybe? But go ahead, what's your son the story?
Speaker 7: Sure? I mean I'm curious what you know, But you know, it doesn't matter. Sure, here, it's the story.
Speaker 5: She was really excited to see snow, so I said, I would love to take it to this resort. I know it's great. And yeah, okay, so you've heard all that. We got there and there was hardly any snows.
Speaker 2: And how bad do you feel on a scale of one to ten right now?
Speaker 5: Right now? I don't feel badly.
Speaker 1: At all now, But did you at the time?
Speaker 5: Sure? Sure, Like I didn't take the time out to check the weather forecaster see what snow conditions were.
Speaker 7: And that's flowing on me. And I absolutely apologize for it. But literally it was like taking.
Speaker 5: A toddler candy shop and the candy shop is sold out of candy.
Speaker 1: Did she throw a fit?
Speaker 7: She's such a fid And look, I'm the kind of person who like she just wants to, you know, take the situation you.
Speaker 5: Have and make it as good a time as possible. And that's not her. She just kept wanting to complain and remind me, you know, how do you not check?
Speaker 1: Like she was yelling at you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she was literally like, we're gonna do now there's no snow, and I'm like, that's still the beautiful mountains, right, like, go walk around outside, take a height, and she's like, no, I don't want to do that. I want a manny, I want a petty, I want a massage. And you have to pay for all that. Oh boy, people who went out to like a really nice dinner that I paid for. He kept asking some outs to dinner.
Speaker 7: How was it that I didn't know there was some snow.
Speaker 2: Like we understand, Calvin, shame on the woman for not being happy when you didn't deliver on the promises. Yeah, on your side with that. The weird part that we heard from Kelly, and you can say whether this is true or not, is when she left, she forgot her bag over at your place and she's asked for it back and you're refusing to send it to her.
Speaker 7: Yes, that is totally true.
Speaker 6: Bad.
Speaker 2: It seems whether or not you had a bad time on the date, that feels like you're crossing the line and like not return to her items.
Speaker 5: I don't know hear me out here. I don't think you know the whole story about this.
Speaker 7: So she let me you a message, and her message was, Hey.
Speaker 5: I'm a different guy in New York and he just send my bags to his place one week later, Right?
Speaker 1: Is that that's like her revenge tactic, Like I'm going to show him I'm with somebody else already.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, she already got.
Speaker 8: This other guy and she wants me to send the bags there, and she sends me the address, So I look up the address for a multi million dollar condo in New York. You know what, No, I'm not sending your bags with some other rich dude who you already you know, had lined up it a week later.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm not paying I'm not paying another cent for this woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you should have told her to come pick it up at the front desk of your condo building.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she can.
Speaker 2: I will say, Calvin, we did not hear that part of the story about the other guy in New York, and she wants you to mail it directly to him.
Speaker 1: I got to say, which people problems are so juicy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it gets even juicier for you, Calvin, because Kelly is on the other line right now, waiting to jump in and talk to you.
Speaker 5: Oh really, yeah, go for it. Put her on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Kelly jumping in.
Speaker 1: It's a battle.
Speaker 6: I want hi, Calvin, Oh Hi, Kelly, that package yet perhaps it was delayed in the mail.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you just listened.
Speaker 7: Yeah it was.
Speaker 5: It was delaying the mail because it wasn't paid for, because I'm not paying for anything else. But honestly, like, I will do you the favor of bringing it downstairs and leaving it with my doorman so the Seedex guy doesn't have to ring my bell.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, this.
Speaker 6: Is punitive and it's child Can just call your assistant. This is a two second problems.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow, he's childish.
Speaker 7: It's not about the time, Kelly.
Speaker 5: It's about the money.
Speaker 7: I spend thousands of dollars on you.
Speaker 6: Would it cost one hundred and twenty dollars to set the package?
Speaker 5: How about you have your witch New York boyfriend paid for it if you can, because it.
Speaker 7: Seems like you can't pay for anything.
Speaker 6: Okay, now you're childish, angelous, Calvin, really.
Speaker 2: Grow up, I will say, Kelly, it's a litt odd that you didn't mention this second part of the story where you've moved on to a new guy already.
Speaker 1: Do you think any of that matters. It's all could have been avoided if you were so entitled and you just told him like, hey.
Speaker 2: We'll be careful with the word on this show, bro.
Speaker 1: I want to leave, And Calvin, I'm sure would have taken you back to his place to get your bag and then taken you to the airport.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely would have done that.
Speaker 6: Oh, so you wanted me to believe that he was going to drive me back to his place, get my luggage and take me to the airport, just like you wanted me to believe there was snow on the mountain.
Speaker 1: Oh, he didn't lie about the snow.
Speaker 7: He didn't know.
Speaker 2: That was a good one, though. You got to give it. He has a point. You don't follow through with your promises.
Speaker 5: I can't promise snow. I mean, no, ridiculous.
Speaker 6: Woman is yes, please, Calvin. What you don't seem to understand is that I need a man who takes initiatives and responsibility for his own actions. If there was no snow on that mountain, you should have flown us to another resort where there was.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good point, Calvin. You say that you're able to adapt on the fly.
Speaker 3: But count mountains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't come through this time.
Speaker 5: I mean, obviously not leading up to Keilly standards. Fine by me, But she found another man who does, so why doesn't she Why immediately out to my place and pick up the bag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you're trying to stand your ground on this one, but I feel like the headache is just going to be over if you ship or the damn bag.
Speaker 6: It's like, yeah, Calvin, listen to them, Please don't drag this out. It's ridiculous. You know that my new boyfriend is a lawyer.
Speaker 7: Oh oh, are you threst me now?
Speaker 6: I mean's just saying, don't make this more complicated than anything.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. We are living for this drama. But we are running out of time here. So at this point I would ask would you go out on a second date and we would pay for that. But this time I'm gonna ask Calvin, would you be willing to ship Kelly her bag at her new guy's place and we will pay Since I don't know how much it will cost, let's say half of the shipping price, assuming it's not overnight delivery.
Speaker 1: Maybe no, no, no, we're doing seven to ten business days. Kay, she doesn't deserve.
Speaker 2: Shipping and will help chip in for that.
Speaker 5: Guys, don't I don't need or want you to have to pay for this and honestly, like at a time with this argument. But now I'm just I'm annoyed. Okay, Oh by Kelly. Maybe the battle shop, maybe it won't. It'll be in a street corner.
Speaker 1: Hey, someone's gonna fight it. Me excited. You should start opening bags on the street corner.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: There's something so poetic about a Burro radio station offering to help rich people pay to ship their stuff across the country for them.
Speaker 1: That woman was not rich. I think she was poor, and she lied on that day nap to get on there. She wouldn't come to us for free advice if she actually has.
Speaker 2: Okay, but all of her boyfriends are rich, so that makes her rich by association.
Speaker 1: A rich guy isn't even gonna want to fight for any woman after they've only known him a week. You know what, she just met this guy in New York. She's like, you're gonna have to be the lawyer for he doesn't care.
Speaker 3: I do think it's funny though, that normally we offer an entire meal, a whole day of gift cards at the end, but we can only afford to fly a half of a person around the country.
Speaker 2: We don't even do the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, it was her purse. I thought it was her bag, like that she stayed with. She's had a.
Speaker 3: Small bag, so I'm assuming.
Speaker 2: It's like a large purse side. Yeah, it's probably like a Russian one night a Russian doll sort of situation with a really nice big bag with a really nice smaller bag inside. Smaller about this?
Speaker 1: Can we do we have Calvin's number saved? It sounded pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I don't know what's gonna happen with those two. Will he ship the bag, will her new rich New York boyfriend and buy her a new set of Louis Vatan luggage? Will the stitching inside even be in the color that she likes? Questions? Will you probably never know the answer?
Speaker 1: That's white, not cream, oh man.
Speaker 2: But one question that we can answer possibly is why isn't that guy or girl not calling you back? Reach out to the show and we can help get it answered for you. Find us online at Brook and Jeffrey