Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sidelines.
Speaker 3: This he is hanging with the Boys, presented by wing Stuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts Nate.
Speaker 4: Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon Gross.
Speaker 5: What is today? Wednesday?
Speaker 6: Tuesday?
Speaker 7: Tuesday, Tuesday, kind of Friday, kind of Christmas Eve.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Yes, it is Christmas Eve. Other stuff is kind it is Christmas Eve.
Speaker 7: You are looking kind of live. It's very dark and dismal and gloomy. It's crummy weather depending on how you look at it. Because we needed the rain. I just don't know if we needed this much rain. Would you look at love Tostedo Championship Plausa outside Fort Center at the Star Frisco, Texas, where it is thunderstorming sixty one degrees. The highest sixty three, the low is fifty four.
Speaker 6: That's Shannon you just heard here is Nate. Chris is in the background. I am Kurt.
Speaker 8: Jesse's on his way so in his.
Speaker 6: Place for now. It's our good friend Jazz.
Speaker 5: Guys Hi jazz.
Speaker 8: How we're good.
Speaker 6: Good to see today? Yeah, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 8: You got to finish, finish.
Speaker 6: Oh together, I've got to sports equivalent together with a sports equivalent of Braille people.
Speaker 7: When we speak, when we speak each every day by Wing Southward Flavored gets wee. By the way, they're a promo popped up on my Instagram feed with Tyler Smith interview and our boy Brandon Cooks brought to you by wingstuf Q and A Where they are he's interviewing him and they're eating wings, and Al Harris stops by and grabs a wing and dips it in ranch and walks off, and I need to find yeah.
Speaker 8: Still and again I n t interception.
Speaker 5: There you go. So it is Kurt? Is it your birthday today?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: It is not, Nate.
Speaker 5: Is it your birthday? Not today, Chris, Mine's in January. It's not mine.
Speaker 8: Mine's in November.
Speaker 5: Jess, is it your birthday today?
Speaker 10: Pas?
Speaker 5: Today?
Speaker 8: Birthday?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I didn't know you were a Christmas Eve baby.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was supposed to be born on the twenty seventh, so I.
Speaker 8: Came through the wow wow wow, So tell us how did that happen?
Speaker 9: The birds beat day?
Speaker 5: How old are you today or you're okay telling that out loud?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm twenty five.
Speaker 5: That's in grade to be twenty five again strong how.
Speaker 8: You feel about it.
Speaker 5: It's a quarter of a century, halfway to fifty. Okay with it?
Speaker 9: Gosh, I feel old now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you beat one hundred.
Speaker 7: So for those of you that don't know, Jazz is in the back, uh, she produced it.
Speaker 5: Tell everybody what you do in the back.
Speaker 6: Produced?
Speaker 9: Girls talk, boys talk. Whenever Chris is out, I'll help out with all the other shows.
Speaker 7: You know what you do over there for us on the weekends when in the back, in the back, I mean like everything in the behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: What was your job basically?
Speaker 9: So the title is production assistant, but like like an hour ago, we just came from locker room, so we have to shoot stuff. I worked the audio board, in the control room, camera operating, jib, edit.
Speaker 8: Still, edit, still, So you do a.
Speaker 5: Lot, produce, edit, shoot whatever they ask you to do.
Speaker 7: Right, just a rock star and you report to who do you report to?
Speaker 8: Several people? Rocks and Scott. I'm so sorry about that.
Speaker 5: And you've been around for a.
Speaker 8: While yet.
Speaker 9: I got here twenty twenty one, Okay, So I'm like one of the ones that started that year that are still here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because they ran everybody else off because they're hard people to deal with.
Speaker 8: What happened to Tony. You don't have to know what happened to Tony. I don't talk to Tony.
Speaker 7: Oh real quick, talk about that off the air, all right.
Speaker 5: Do you know the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 9: My goodness, yes, currently, yes, currently, Currently it's Cooper Rush.
Speaker 5: Okay, who was it before him?
Speaker 8: Dak Prescott? Okay.
Speaker 5: I was told as a backstory to that.
Speaker 9: It is a backstory there is in my In my interview in June with Scott, he asked me if I need the players and I was like, he was like, do you know who the quarterback is? I was like, I'm gonna be honest, I'm all, I'm all for the camera opera. I was like, but he's not here the players.
Speaker 13: I was like, I'm.
Speaker 9: Here to just, you know, do my job. And I was like, if I need to learn the players, I can learn them. So I mean, that's me practice squad guys, and I can give it to him.
Speaker 7: There you go. You know what, Sometimes those those are the best hires because a lot of times you get a lot of you know, fan you know fan people in here and stuff like that. You're applying for this job for the technical side and all that.
Speaker 8: Sometimes that's a good thing. So but you learned it and that's good.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean you probably give her a random number.
Speaker 5: Now she probably knows the number the person's name.
Speaker 7: So I'm assuming after that interview, Scott was like, you should probably go ahead and learn.
Speaker 9: You know, when I went home after an interview, I was like, man, I'm getting blew it. I was like, man, I'm not going to job. And then that's when I got like the email from HR and I call it Scott. I was like, does that mean I got the job?
Speaker 8: And he was like yeah.
Speaker 5: So you're like, okay, I'll learn.
Speaker 9: The funny things. Chris told Scott.
Speaker 14: Now, oh, not that you're bitter, not because because when she got hired, Okay, her job originally he was going to be she was to log footage.
Speaker 11: Of ours of NFL films and around the league of different places.
Speaker 5: And if you don't know who the quarterback of.
Speaker 11: The Cowboys is, it'd be really hard to start logging footage.
Speaker 8: He always starts with that.
Speaker 5: You didn't want somebody screwing up your database.
Speaker 9: I got here during training camp, so Rocks and Chris were going, but it was like Scott and now they're like my favorite people.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well good.
Speaker 8: And so you've been here three years? Huh.
Speaker 5: I would let her watch my kids.
Speaker 9: Yeah, my baby sister, baby sized kids for like months.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, well awesome.
Speaker 7: Well happy birthday. Thanks for jumping on with us. While we wait for Jesse. Appreciate you stopping by.
Speaker 9: Hope he shows up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he says, five minutes late, but eight minutes late, so he's on Jesse time.
Speaker 5: We know, we all know how that works. So all right, thanks Jack, Happy holidays.
Speaker 7: Straight by the way, Jack really blocks blue and blue and green and.
Speaker 5: All tip depending on the week. And she decided how long did you go?
Speaker 8: And you cut it off two weeks ago?
Speaker 5: Oh nice, very good. You're growing them back? No, no, do it? Do it? See you Jazz? All right, nice little way to start the show.
Speaker 8: What do you guys have planning today? After the show's kind.
Speaker 6: Of a weird day day, A lot of people aren't here.
Speaker 3: Yep, very quiet.
Speaker 5: Family stuff? You got both of you have family stuff tonight? Or do you do all your family stuff.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow we'll have dinner and we just got presents to getting wrap and all that kind of stuff, so.
Speaker 8: We'll have last minute.
Speaker 6: You had stuff to do, and you know.
Speaker 8: What do you do, Nate?
Speaker 5: Do you do you buy gifts? Does the wife buy? Yeah? You just.
Speaker 4: No, my wife she she she you know baby, what you need what you want to do is She'll tell me. I said, now that you want me to go ahead and buy you a gi do you want me to apply to what you want to do? And she said, apply to what I want what I want to do, And that's how I do it now. My grandkids, Yeah, they getting gifts.
Speaker 8: My kids.
Speaker 4: I give them minimum stuff, you know, because they're my my youngest boys about twenty six. So them days over with, I'm going I'm doing more for the grandkids and I and one of them has a scholarship fund, and I'm praying the other one here soon to get one for his baby, because when they're up until they at nine ten years old, I want to be able to put into that college fund and that right there will pay dividends in the future. Whereas the game they learning right now that Nintendo or whatever y'all, I don't know what the games are. That's that's gonna go away. But the other thing can help them with cool showed it up to put into that college fund and that right there will pay.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we just we were here on time. We heard we heard that in live heard that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I also heard. I also heard you got what you said?
Speaker 5: What what you say?
Speaker 8: He old Jesse, Tom, He just you are just you know, Jesse defends.
Speaker 7: I've been running the roads all morning, and they are people forget how to drive in Dallas.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's like that everywhere else.
Speaker 4: It's just rain out of just hot way to apologizing quick as and fast.
Speaker 8: Wait, yeah, birthday.
Speaker 2: He acts like it was our fat he was late now right, See that's how it works.
Speaker 5: Yeah that works.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's just Hey, that's that's the politician. Uh, in the family of Jesse, he's late. Yeah, you're late, and then you make us feel bad for saying that.
Speaker 4: You did sooo well, you know what the traffic is, So it is, I mean it is.
Speaker 15: I was out with someone else. Can go ahead and just live it up for you, so you have. But no, the traffic was crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people spun out everywhere, and I.
Speaker 4: Saw two major ricks was. All you can do is pray for him, man, and just pray that they wasn't doing anything way out of line to get this out in trouble.
Speaker 7: I wonder if it's like that everywhere else, in all major cities, or it is Dallas that people, oh, it's raining.
Speaker 15: Texas State, Yeah, because I mean up nor if we drive snow, rain and everything.
Speaker 5: If it snows or sleeps here, gave us stay home. How many cars did you pass?
Speaker 15: Their flashers were on, the entire lit up the entire to I hate that the entire.
Speaker 8: Higher tolls. It's like, dude, it's rain, and when when when.
Speaker 11: The flashers are on, it's it's it's missing out.
Speaker 4: When the proper authorities give you a sign two miles back to get over, and you continue to ride in the lane they asks you to get out of, and then a mile before when the line is long, then you try to force in on the other person, and who was smart enough to get over? Now we have another rant a mile back. Now, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 5: There's always a spot.
Speaker 13: I this is just me dependent on what.
Speaker 15: Right, depending on what time time I'm in, is how cautious I drive When I'm up north. When I'm up in this area, I know everybody got full insurance up here.
Speaker 13: I know, I know I cut people, man.
Speaker 8: I know folks on this side.
Speaker 5: Of the toe way like TMS out there.
Speaker 15: Yeah, listen, I know everybody up here. We're gonna get out. They're gonna have good insurance. They're not gonna give you that fake stuff. They want the police officer to come. We're gonna write this thing out, so I don't really be too worried about people hitting me up this. So what.
Speaker 8: Road did you say? I gotta be calf once I get past Northwest Highway.
Speaker 15: Once I get pasted Highway South Highway passing Northwest Highway to the south.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, no way six thirty five. But you're probably safe there until.
Speaker 15: No because Northwest Highway you still that still Holland Park area, right, because if you get off of one of them exits, that's clear SMU.
Speaker 13: Once I get past the Northwest Highway exit.
Speaker 6: I thought you're gonna say, like downtown or something.
Speaker 8: Don't go downtown too far? You know that's plus you done went too far?
Speaker 7: You know what that's called situational a where yes, yes, when I get past the Northwest Highway going south hands ten and two.
Speaker 8: I'm checking the mirrors.
Speaker 15: I'm making sure because because you get down that closed somebody hit you.
Speaker 8: They might just leave you there. It might just lead you there, and then.
Speaker 15: Then you might be facing the situation where they ain't got no insurance at all. They give you a shirt faking shures card as you as you keep going in.
Speaker 8: So once I.
Speaker 13: Get north of Northwest Highway.
Speaker 8: Exit, take more more chances.
Speaker 13: You know, always a spot.
Speaker 8: And you know what you brang out? What the camera.
Speaker 5: Documented? Yeah, all right, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: We know traffic was bad and we basically just killed our first segment, so.
Speaker 5: We'll take a break. When we come back, we'll talk a little bit of football. I like your outfit, by the way.
Speaker 8: Thank you. He's been two days in a row now. Yeah, what does it say?
Speaker 15: It's a naughty nice whatever.
Speaker 5: I like.
Speaker 8: It looks very good. Like how you pelvic thrusted there.
Speaker 7: In the camera twice you get flag.
Speaker 8: Be right back for the second segment of Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 12: How's wing stop sound? Crispy juicy classic wings. Sausty tossed those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, house made honey, mustard, blue cheese, or signature Wingstop wretch. I think you've heard enough, Your leave it delivered at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 4: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and wing Stop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official wings.
Speaker 8: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Order now by download the wings Stop out order online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 1: Hey, Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here and seed gig is here to help you experience.
Speaker 12: All the action.
Speaker 1: Seed Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season.
Speaker 8: Whether you're buying or.
Speaker 1: Selling tickets at Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seed gig.
Speaker 8: Is the place to do it.
Speaker 3: Seat Gig is the official.
Speaker 1: Primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys, the most disruptive idea ticketing a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed geek.
Speaker 16: Cow about Themcowboys or how about them Tyson Cowboys Nuggets. As we cheer for the stars on the field, we love that we've also got some stars on our plate. Thanks to Tyson Brands star shaped Cowboys Nuggets. They sure make game day special. And for every purchase of the new Tyson Cowboys Nuggets this holiday season, Tyson Foods will donate one dollar to the Salvation Army up to one hundred thousand dollars. As you enjoy your stars on and off the plate. Remember, tailgates and game day have always been Tyson.
Speaker 1: We got big personalities, We got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks home are away. We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smear enough we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 3: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 7: Welcome back to the second segment of Hanging with the Boys, brought you each and every day by a blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Thank you Blockchain, Kurt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, go down the street, visit the roller grill. Get you something nice like a Glizzie, stick it in your mouth. Go finish your Christmas shopping so you're your gas tank up at pump eight.
Speaker 8: And have a merry Christmas. Yeah, oh, big Golf sir.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 8: Thanks, Jesse, have a Mark, Chris cool, Big Golf sir.
Speaker 13: All right, well, see you later.
Speaker 5: The show's over.
Speaker 7: Thank you seven eleven for sponsoring our second segment every day.
Speaker 8: We appreciate it, along with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 7: All right, a few things to get to football related before we.
Speaker 5: Kill the last segment of the show.
Speaker 7: Twenty twenty, coach McCarthy and the Cowboys finished six and ten, but they won three of their last four, and McCarthy has said that he felt that springboard of them into the twenty twenty one season, where they finished twelve and five. Do you think the same thing is happening now they're finishing strong?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, Well that carry over?
Speaker 7: Look, Look, I think there's something to that. I don't know how much of that carries over when you have this many guys that may not be here next year.
Speaker 6: They like to preach that, but I don't know if it's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is that lip service. I know we know how you feel about that. You don't think it carries over, but it's good to end the season on a if you could win what two of these next one of these, next two?
Speaker 8: What if you win both of them?
Speaker 5: If you win both of them, finish nine and eight?
Speaker 7: If you win both of them at nine and you finished nine and eight with with this team?
Speaker 8: And what's happened?
Speaker 7: And like, you know, Jordan Lewis said that the last few weeks, this is the football team we knew we could be.
Speaker 5: What does that mean? Why haven't you been that? Is it the injuries?
Speaker 8: Is it was?
Speaker 5: Did it take you this long to figure it out?
Speaker 9: Is?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: If why just now?
Speaker 7: If that's who you knew you could be because you didn't add any players. In fact, you you know, you lost a couple, you lost it overshown and you know you got Michael back.
Speaker 5: You tank still not is he gonna? He's not?
Speaker 8: Is he gonna?
Speaker 5: Is there any word on him?
Speaker 8: Yeah? And then Digs is you know Diggs will get to him.
Speaker 5: In a minute having bone graph surgery.
Speaker 7: So but why why is that just something you? Is that just players speak? I knew, we knew that we could be this team? Well, okay, what happened?
Speaker 15: It's a great question, and I don't know if I have an answer for it, but there is something to be said when you when you play a care free level of a football, when there is no expectations, when there is no no one's looking for you to make some sort of playoff serves or the the the expectation of you being this super Bowl contending team has been off.
Speaker 5: Okay, So that's a great point.
Speaker 7: Both of you guys have been in situations where you've been in high pressure situations where there were expectations, and you've both been in situations where you know, so what if you don't win a game?
Speaker 8: Like it's you know what.
Speaker 7: As the psychology of a player, what what makes it different?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 7: What why is the pressure? Does it make you play different? Does it put it in?
Speaker 4: The media always reacts to what they last saw in the media, believe it, believe it or not, maybe with a few well place words from higher ups.
Speaker 8: That's how they set their expectations. They do it in the networks.
Speaker 4: If you look at the Dallas Cowboys times of appearance, I mean, I know we're the star, but look at the times of appearance of games. How many premier games they have the league wasn't looking for an attendant for less than less than ten wins. Our media left out of training camp no less than ten wins.
Speaker 8: So when it's by.
Speaker 4: The way you play, and then who skits to set the table that nine time I ten, that's the media and the league. That's how it gets set. And those are the expectations that fans will feed off of. On top of we are the star. We expect that in less than the super Bowl. Well all thirty two teams expect and then the super Bowl. But we have a premier way of promoting that and keeping it alive.
Speaker 8: But how does that affect you psychological?
Speaker 5: How does that let you play more care free and lose if there's not expectations, I guess.
Speaker 15: You know it's it's it's like you go to the casino. If you go to the casino when you're playing with house money, your more your willingness to throw chips on the table to you know, throw a little bit more on the yo to you know what I'm saying, to play black.
Speaker 5: I don't normally do this, but I got a couple of extra.
Speaker 8: A couple of chips.
Speaker 15: You know, I'm up, I'm up, so boom you know, and that way is just a level of kid free. Now you going to that casino and you got three hundred dollars ago, and you know what I'm saying, and like listen, this the rent money.
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 15: So now you're playing that blackjack hand a little bit different because the expectation is I have to win, and if I don't win, there is there are some serious consequences that come with that. And you know, once those consequences kind of fell off the Cowboys after we got to a point of losing Dake Prescott and it was a I mean it was a it was a far far road ahead if you're making the playoffs, even though you weren't mathematically eliminated until last Sunday afternoon, the expectations were off. And now guys can go out there and just just play, like, no matter what happens, good batter, it can't get you worse, you know what I mean, Like we we've already seen us at our absolute worst, So now we've got to go out there and just play with no stress, no no no real uh no pented up nothing. We just we got house money. Now it's it's not the good end of it. But you see guys playing a lot more freeer. You see, you know, Cooper Rush was making even in the Carolina game, he was throwing some passes that, you know, two or three touchdown he threw a Carolina game should have been picked off, like legitimately should have been picked off. But he's just like, okay, down there somewhere, you.
Speaker 8: Know what I mean, you don't you just go play, Just go play.
Speaker 13: What's the worst, because it can happen.
Speaker 6: There's no pressure for you know, so many guys are playing for the next year's contract and that kind of they're just playing hard.
Speaker 13: But I'm just gonna play really hard and and where the chips.
Speaker 8: The chips will fall where they fall. And usually.
Speaker 7: I guess if you could get out of that mind game, right and you play if you're if you're a good athlete, you're a good a good or above average professional football player. If you just play hard, play with intensity, and play with instincts, most of the time, you're going to perform pretty well.
Speaker 8: Pretty well.
Speaker 15: And then there's always the there's always there's always the aspect of it is it's like, you know, you know, even if I grade out seventy five percent I do. I got some guys on my team who will be in the forties and fifties, So the pressure really ain't gonna be on me, you know what I mean, Like the brush that ain't really gonna be on me at that at that point in time.
Speaker 13: But you know, it's a lot of guys who are just playing carefree.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 15: There's just last couple of games, we're gonna be the spoiler. We're gonna just go out here and just throw caution to the win and see what happens.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 8: The amazing thing about it.
Speaker 4: Is, its simply put for me, is some guys got it and they just need to be able to play to show it. Some guys don't care how hard they play, Like your boy.
Speaker 8: It's just left tackle. No matter how hard he plays.
Speaker 13: Keep giving them more reps.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I'm not about that.
Speaker 4: I'm not you know, you know me just you know we we we had two players now, your boy making a comeback, Number one making a comeback.
Speaker 8: My boy ain't making a comeback. My boy, he made he made a play.
Speaker 4: To what I'm saying, he making one or two players a game. My boy coming in on every third series now and whiffing blocks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like rotating him in or yees.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because I want to win. I want to win. I like winning more than I do a draft. I really do. It's it's the season's fun again.
Speaker 7: Yally when you're especially when you're playing a beat up Philadelphia team, you can spoil.
Speaker 8: You can spoilt.
Speaker 5: And how about how about Micah's comments about Philly?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you're read that, Yes, I missed.
Speaker 5: He basically said, F Philly.
Speaker 7: Their face I'm paraphrasing, but basically I can't stand them and their fans are the worst. Is basically what he said. And he said F Philly. And I'm like, what happens if you pull a Saquon and you they won't forget that.
Speaker 8: They get pretty quick if he's probably, but but this is what I believe.
Speaker 4: See you with I'm with you all the way, Number eleven, line up on the other side the right, and you will prospers.
Speaker 5: Knock out up against Lane.
Speaker 8: Right. Yeah, hold on, bro, you ain't got one second eight game?
Speaker 5: Come on, do you have a court?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Pretty much what you said? Uh not at this point, it's f Philly now, even if he get eliminated, like I got to crush Philly f them. I hate them now seeing them talk so much on social media.
Speaker 5: Social media.
Speaker 8: I thought it was the fans, but social media.
Speaker 13: But yeah, if you can spoil that he had that he had that little spout this earlier this year with C. J.
Speaker 15: Gardner Johnson, remember where where he was like, I don't even know, like he plays like he went that.
Speaker 8: Route the bride.
Speaker 10: You know what, man, I.
Speaker 8: Hate that. I used to hate that.
Speaker 4: Uh you know who knows you? Thank you for all the players back in my day for allowing me to make a name on you.
Speaker 8: I would not know.
Speaker 4: I used to be that guy who knows Nate, Nate who you're talking about, the fact guy out they want to cut every year.
Speaker 8: I mean I used to be get getting grilled. And then all of a sudden change, I.
Speaker 15: Told John Muster and I lined up against we were playing Washington and uh D'Angelo Hall. And it's funny. He and I did a camp two years ago and Tennis. He small small city in Tennessee, and I lined up against the Angelo Hall and he was up in press and I kind of I guess he kind of like walked up on me and pressed and he looked at me. He kind of did one of those like you know, a dog black. Yeah, he looked at me, he said, and he just started backing up and he said.
Speaker 13: It's a run, he said.
Speaker 8: He said, it's a run.
Speaker 13: They ain't passing this sorry brother, the ball.
Speaker 8: Swear to guy.
Speaker 13: And I was like, damn, how do you know?
Speaker 8: It was a run. But it ended up not being a run.
Speaker 15: And I ran the seventeen yard out route and cot Ford first down ran onto the solid the other side, and I was like, I got this side. I was like, damno, zeros. He was like he like he looked at me and he kind of cocked his head to the side, like sixteen. I can't see him on the sky report.
Speaker 13: It's a run.
Speaker 8: It's a run. They ain't passing the ball, and it's sorry. But and I brought it up in the watch call. He was like, I'm sorry, man, he said, Man, you know how it is. He's like, man, when you want to heat the competition, man, you will say anything.
Speaker 11: Need one.
Speaker 8: He used to talk to you. Yeah, that's all. But you know I didn't have that luxury. You know, did you ever talk no us?
Speaker 4: I never had that luxury because every guy face was better than I'm like, man, I ain't gonna.
Speaker 5: Find it, I ain't gonna get it around.
Speaker 8: I'm doing everything I can to hold on to this dude.
Speaker 5: Did you did you ever talk anybody get under your skin?
Speaker 7: Or you don't seem like much of a talker, and you just seem like after you put him in the ground, you might say something, but like, let's talk.
Speaker 8: Went after did your job? Yeah, you were the curt of special teams.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, you guys talk so much, it's surprised.
Speaker 4: The only get after you is that you you you. You hit Troy late. A clean sack is a clean sack. Never got mad about that because that was my fault. But to hit him late, or to just jump on the pile on top of him, it just just because you want to, you know, you think you know did something?
Speaker 8: I want having that. Did y'all ever have any good brawls? Yeah? We had one. We lost it. It was against Phillip when we gave it him leftl sack.
Speaker 4: We tried to fight, and I know that if you're getting beat physically doing your job, trying to fight.
Speaker 15: I never understood that like that, not just like that situation, but like a lot of times you're like, like you want to fight now?
Speaker 13: Like what where was this aggression with?
Speaker 15: Like but the whistles between the yeah, like you know, you look at a couple of weeks ago when they had all the robbery weeks the end of the season, bowl game, but the end of the college games.
Speaker 13: Right, everybody want to fight And I'm like, no, you have four quarters to get this aggression?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 13: You super mad because they playing a flag you should they were going to do.
Speaker 8: That for was it right?
Speaker 13: What was that energy at then?
Speaker 15: I'm like Carolina did it and Michigan did it, and I was just like, why wait, you wasn't you weren't this bad while the game was actually going on. You you you were willing to get charges and sprayed with mace after the game over a flag planing when you had an opportunity to paul drive him for four quarters.
Speaker 4: Man, I ain't have like I'll see you hear me say this forever. I didn't have but so many plays per game, I did not want to reach that. And you're talking us about when they said overtime, you're talking about the brother we hurt.
Speaker 3: We mean that we couldn't win this.
Speaker 7: Regulations, there was a link I sent y'all a few weeks ago. I'd never seen this video before, but it was Cowboys and the Giants.
Speaker 5: James Washington, James Washington, they were like going at it.
Speaker 8: It started.
Speaker 7: It looks like it started with Michael and they're in the end of the end zone or somewhere in like, the teams are around and there's a lot of people on the field and they're going out and James Washington takes a try a four foot tripod from a cameraman with a camera is still attached to the end of it, leaning back like he's gonna swing on somebody. I'm like, man, times have changed. And the caption said no flags, no flags, no flags on that flask. So all right, let's take our last break when we come back. I don't know, tune in, figure out what we're talking about on hanging with the Boys, We're be right.
Speaker 12: Back house Wingstop Sound, Crispy Juicy Classic Wings sauceed tossed that those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with hand cut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese.
Speaker 3: Or signature Wingstop wretch.
Speaker 12: I think you've heard enough, get your labor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 4: This is Nate Newton from Hanging with the Boys and Wingstop is here to bring the flavor to game date as the official Wings.
Speaker 8: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Ordering now by downloading the Wings Stop out or ordering online at wingstop dot com.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 13: Prescott kits it slides with a first.
Speaker 10: Down, investilate your icons where everyone is a Rooki in crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 6: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 16: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierroo's fresh flavorful ready to serve guacamoli made with real hass avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 3: Grab some today.
Speaker 1: Hey Cowboys fans, a twenty twenty four football season is here, and seat Gig is here to help you experience all the action. Seat Gig makes it easier to find tickets so you can be a part of all the touchdown celebrations this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets the Cowboys football games or to any other live event, seat Gig is the place to do it. Seat Gig is the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Cowboys. The most disruptive idea in ticketing, a ticket that works. Expect the expected seed.
Speaker 3: Geek back to Hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the last segment Hanging with the Boys, brought to each and every show by jig Zickson, the official dating partner Cowboys. Yeah hung up there, So tell me a little bit about this the surgery on Diggs Kurt? What's the latest?
Speaker 6: It sounds bad I don't know how.
Speaker 8: I don't know a little.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well they described it. It's like Chris, what up with the bone? And it's something like filling a pothole. I guess they take bone or something from some area and they patch it up. It's supposed to make it stronger.
Speaker 17: I don't say, you better say you better preface that with I'm not a doctor, because if Britt get a test, when did you get your certification?
Speaker 12: Current?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 6: Just what I read in the Dallas Morning News. Sorry Brett, but it's the same knee. They're supposed to be kind of two different things, but it's the same knee. That makes you wonder.
Speaker 8: You know, it's just going to be a long term deal.
Speaker 7: M M.
Speaker 6: I don't know. It's kind of scary for him.
Speaker 8: It's scary so to have the A c L and the bone graph and the same knee.
Speaker 6: I won't be back to the start of the season next year. Miss training camp next August.
Speaker 8: I don't think we've yet.
Speaker 15: I don't think we've yet, and I could be wrong, but have we have we had anybody that kind of finished ahead of schedule, like anytime we have a timeline. This never I don't I can't remember. I could be wrong, but everyone's like, oh yeah, they'll be back this date. Next thing you look up that date. Cousins like, oh well, I'm not quite ready just yet.
Speaker 8: Still the only one still still was the only one.
Speaker 13: He should have probably took his time.
Speaker 8: He probably should have took his time.
Speaker 6: Were saying, what six eight weeks on Lawrence, and he's of course foot problems can be.
Speaker 8: Lawrence's looking at sels too, He's like, need to come back and this double hill.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so when I get out here in this, in this, in these three agent streets, I'm healthy.
Speaker 8: I'm fully healthy.
Speaker 5: Y'all brought up a good I guess a good thing to think about.
Speaker 7: You brought up the left tackle, or you brought up the left tackle, your boy, and then you brought up the wide receiver number one. So you've got positions of need now based off of development of players. Right, So you got offensive line, you got wide receiver that nobody's really stepped up. And you know Brandon Cooks, do you do you bring him back? Do you go look to upgrade there?
Speaker 3: Then you've got.
Speaker 7: Running back Rico, right, you got a pretty solid running back there, and then you address some of these and then defensive line always is somewhere where you want to get some depth, and then cornerback. But let's just say for the draft, wide receiver, running back, defensive line, and offensive line, how would you rank those needs.
Speaker 5: As far as like one, two, three, and four said again.
Speaker 7: Offensive line, defensive line, running back, and wide receive your number two wide receiver.
Speaker 8: Off line, defensive line, receiver, running back.
Speaker 6: For me, that's what I would say.
Speaker 15: If you can't protect the guy that you're paying sixty million dollars to, what are you doing?
Speaker 8: You're screwed. Yeah, I mean that it starts there. It starts with the offensive line.
Speaker 5: So what we always have up front Onah.
Speaker 13: Like I said, for this team and not just his team, many many teams.
Speaker 8: If you know that is what he is, Okay.
Speaker 3: He's he is.
Speaker 8: He's what he is, like it or not. You signed him. You got what he is, right, right?
Speaker 15: He's not he's not. He's not Lamar Jackson, he's not Josh Allen, he's not Patrick Mahomes and the level of mobility.
Speaker 8: He is what he is.
Speaker 15: And now your job is to say, we know what he is, let's give him a level of protection so that whatever he is he can be the very best of that possible. Because if he's starting to ask him and clearly we we we have to stop. We have to stop saying run and can't, can't like this is this so now you need what you need to do is you need to find a way how we're going to be able to protect him so that he could be the pocket passer that he needs to be, so he could be comfortable in the pocket, so that he can deliver the ball in the middle field, because that's his throat. His throws, not to the outside. Not that he can't make those throws, but those aren't his throws. That's not where he where he he dominates at. He dominates when he's able to throw the ball in between the hashes. So let's keep him up right, let's give him time, and let's protect that. That's the line one, then line two is all right, cool, we just scored a touchdown. How do we prevent the other team now running it back down our throats? And I'm talking about the teams that are equal to or better than you, that's right. How do we how do we give ourselves a distinct advantage up front? Because if you're going to allow if you're going to have young linebackers that you think that can thrive, and again, you do not forget this everything that that marriage Lui Foule is this year. He's gonna have to be better next year because now there's film on them. You're no longer you're no longer sneaking up on anybody. You're now a part of the game plan. You're now a part of the offseason. Uh, defensive coordinators, when you look at you look at the schedule, we know kind of who we play.
Speaker 8: We don't know when we play them.
Speaker 15: But those defensive coordinators, when they get into this thing, they're gonna start saying, Okay, this is how we defeat a guy like that.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't know who.
Speaker 15: I don't know when Da Mari and Overshoan will be back. I don't know if Eric Kendrick cree back, whoever the other linebackers will be right. You will now be prepared for people are coming into the game now looking at you and say, here's where his weaknesses are. So that's gonna be a thing that you're gonna have to And that's the part about the league. Every single year, how can you develop your game to overcome. Now, being scouted, when you're a rookie, there isn't much tape on you. I don't care what you did in college that shows attribute to what you do. But when you get into the system and how the system uses you, now coaches go and say, oh, okay, so he's used this way under this coach and this defense. This is how we defeat that. Well, if this is a way that we'll try to use to defeat that, so that has.
Speaker 8: To be to me.
Speaker 15: Line number two is being able to get some uh some push up front and keep those other guys around your clean.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Louis Foley, he got the green dot with Kendricks out, how if he didn't he did not get the green dot.
Speaker 8: Visual got the green dot.
Speaker 6: Oh, I thought I read it was Sorry, I thought I read it.
Speaker 8: Was that was not Visuals.
Speaker 5: Had it. But there's they can They can designate it for three people. Really is lea foul, Vigil and.
Speaker 7: Clark, But most of the time it was it was, So you can so you can switch it out between those three during the game.
Speaker 8: Depends on who was in the depends who's in the games, depends who was in the game.
Speaker 5: So you can only yeah.
Speaker 8: You can't just say, hey, I need five guys. You can't do that. You gotta do three guys.
Speaker 5: And then if number one is not in they can switch, they can swap helmets.
Speaker 6: Is there more to it than just relaying a message?
Speaker 8: You have to line the guys up. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: That person that you the person that you designate that not only has to line everybody up, but play at a high level of his position. You know a lot of times, you know, you want to get this guy this responsibility, but he can't even line hisself up.
Speaker 8: So he's not only got to line up that front line and his line.
Speaker 4: Back responsibly and deal with the motions and checks and when that mic go off, he still got to be able to communicate and do his job.
Speaker 8: What is it fifteen seconds before the play that they shut it off, so the play clock is down to fifteen.
Speaker 7: So it starts automatically shuts off for I think the reason why they did with Leah Fowler is because vigils out pretty much every.
Speaker 8: Week with a he has a foot and dry he's been running through.
Speaker 11: So they want to get those you know, the person who's calling it in his head during the week during practice.
Speaker 6: So I guess in some ways, I thought, maybe you know, he's telling what the play is at that point, those guys know where to go and line up. But I guess there's shifts all that thing. Yeah, the checks it for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, m all right before we get out of here.
Speaker 8: You know, I laughed because you can tell you can get people the original.
Speaker 4: You know, you can say four to three power to the right, and uh, those little adjustments can be devastating because they can either get you out leveraged as we call it. If you if you got a tight end that wasn't over there and shifts over and you a defensive end and you need to get in the middle of that tight end and that uh in between the middle of the tight end and tackle or get to that outside because you have no safety help or no corner help.
Speaker 8: You gotta know this.
Speaker 4: And sometimes us big uglies up front, we get comfortable, you know, and then you gotta go out and you see them strapping them on the button.
Speaker 8: Yeah you got it, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do they play games where do.
Speaker 7: You look at the clock and when he gets blow fifteen, you know, the mic shut off and you change something on the offense.
Speaker 5: Where they have to make their own adjustment.
Speaker 8: Because the defense does that more than an offense. Like the defense will try they'll know, Okay, I can see the clock.
Speaker 15: So if we're if the secondary a lot of times, if we're gonna if we're gonna spin our coverage, we're gonna look like we're in a Cover two, but at the snap of the ball or as close to as possible, we're gonna then shift down to a Cover one to throw you off because if you discided it too much and it's too much common a clock, Now I adjust so offensively.
Speaker 8: You kind of just try to make your check. Then the defense makes their check.
Speaker 15: You gotta go with it, you know what I mean. Like you come out there and you try to you try to see, okay, what are they in? And that's when you see guys go kill kill, kill kill, Because now I've decided what they're in, I need to change my play call. The defense is the one that tries to hold on to the very end or you'll see you'll see the cowboys they'll line up in that double a gap situation and guys, uh, they'll try to sit in there as long as possible and try to confuse you. Because linemen and make it counts. You know here, Roger, Roger, you know Louis, Louis going. And now they try the whole whole hole and then the last second.
Speaker 8: They back out of there. Via.
Speaker 13: Yeah, like they try to they try to confuse you, They try to confuse.
Speaker 8: You a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, fellas, what are you doing for? I guess the holidays tonight and tomorrow since we won't be here tomorrow. Anything special, playing, just spending time with family, anything.
Speaker 8: Crazy, games, watching the games, games football tomorrow, football and basketball.
Speaker 13: Right, got two good game football games tomorrow too.
Speaker 5: Who's playing tomorrow?
Speaker 15: Thinks Chiefs Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Houston, Houston football.
Speaker 5: So we'll have good football on Thursday for once.
Speaker 8: Wednesday Wednesday Wednesday.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's so weird the NFL.
Speaker 15: The NFL this year would have played on every single day except Tuesday.
Speaker 8: That's wild. And you know what, eventually they're trying to get there.
Speaker 13: They like remember Christmas used to be the NB Yeah right way, yep, like.
Speaker 8: Nah, that was like Saturdays used to be only collegy. College used to be high school. Lord, not only we're.
Speaker 5: Gonna play on Christmas.
Speaker 8: We're gonna give you two games and they're gonna be good games.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Like we're not giving you Jaguars coats. And people go, you know what, I might go ahead and watch the basketball game. They're like, nah, we're giving you prime time. Patrick Mahomes, Omar Jackson, j.
Speaker 8: Stroud position in football.
Speaker 3: So I feel so.
Speaker 13: And the NBA is already struggling with viewership.
Speaker 8: That just makes it even more tough. Everybody shooting threes, yeah, I mean one team shot fifty three. It was under thirty percent.
Speaker 15: Speaking before we got here, I thought it was pretty dope. Did you when you watch the who did Philly Philly play Washington this week? And you saw Jayleen Carter and this is you know, offensive lineman defensive lineman games and Jayalen Carter's.
Speaker 8: Down in his stance. Uh, and he looks at the guard and he says, he like he like and he knew he knew that, like.
Speaker 13: You pull it.
Speaker 8: So now he's like, I gotta just just beat this guy coming down to block me.
Speaker 7: And then he beats the guy, crawls the phone sad conscious man.
Speaker 15: A lot of time you see some guys used to You can always tell by the way your fingers were brown, if your fingernails. Yeah, it started being like the you know whatever that color is, and they're like, oh yeah, you ain't really dug in you you like?
Speaker 13: And he called it out. He said, got the.
Speaker 8: Steads and he did.
Speaker 11: You see when he tried to catch the.
Speaker 15: That's the second time he's trying to try to do that. He's gonna catch one. He's gonna catch one.
Speaker 8: He tries to catch the spike.
Speaker 15: He dives in the underneath the center, the center's legs and tries to catch the balls and spike it at the quarterbacks down.
Speaker 8: He said he saw some kid do it in high school, like on YouTube video. Wonder if he wonder you practiced last year?
Speaker 3: He did it?
Speaker 8: And then this, you fletch, He's close.
Speaker 5: He's close.
Speaker 2: That's your new guy. We'll go get tired of hearing about him. If you could ever get number nine ninety three is good too. But if you're ever getting number ninety to join the party, how you gonna how are you gonna deal with them?
Speaker 17: Be tough?
Speaker 8: Thank god that.
Speaker 4: Everybody plays on a different level, because you had three of those things up there.
Speaker 5: No show tomorrow.
Speaker 8: We will be back. I guess I'll be here tomorrow. Okay, I'll tell you how to turn everything on. I say I'll be here. I ain't. I'll be doing the show. I'll be here. What are you doing trying to see if anybody lost some money into the locker room?
Speaker 5: Free go go rummaging here for the lunch Thursday. I guess we'll double dip on Thursday.
Speaker 8: Huh, Offense and defense be ready to Speaking of.
Speaker 13: Double dep you need you need, you mean you need miss a delight again today, Yes.
Speaker 4: Sir.
Speaker 8: Was up ten minutes later.
Speaker 5: It gets double pain.
Speaker 8: Hey, Merry Christmas, guys.
Speaker 15: Me Johnson said, everybody get treated the same, everybody get treated fit.
Speaker 8: Chris, I know you, but you took the triple triple. I used to do a triple. Yeah, he's done a double dip today.
Speaker 5: I can't get three, Nash. You gotta mix it up a little bit.
Speaker 8: I'm little be here Friday five you catch me girls talk boys.
Speaker 11: Here's a dilemma. Here's a diloma. So I've got on Friday, just behind the scenes. So uh, Bill and ever singer are out on Friday. Some people were like, oh, well they do it once, you guys told Jesse on there.
Speaker 5: I'm like, yeah, do that.
Speaker 8: Okay, Jesse, you want to do that, you know what may be looking.
Speaker 13: You know, you know how I'll be waiting. I'll be eighty for them.
Speaker 5: Good like what that would be good?
Speaker 2: Radio's great radio because he'll he'll go gets everything he say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, believe in.
Speaker 13: Right, Derek, like I already listen, I gave you grace one time.
Speaker 8: I go double back on.
Speaker 5: Again, Jesse, Nate, Kurt, great seeing you guys.
Speaker 7: Have a wonder Chris, Christmas, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air and everything you do. Jazz, Happy birthday, Josh, thanks for keeping them company.
Speaker 5: We will be back Thursday to talk Cowboys Eagles on hanging with.
Speaker 3: The Boys Well.
Speaker 4: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.