Speaker 1: Second date of what happens if you meet someone on a dating app and you find out that both of you have been in the dating pool for way too long.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: It's like, what's wrong with you? Yeah, that's when you need to mix it up. Like one of our listeners, Wayne did recently. Did he suggest both of them dress up as their favorite power ranger and meet in front of the police station. That's actually really fun. He didn't do that. He didn't It would have been a fantastic idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that he went a different direction, and now he says he's living with a medium amount of regret.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like that. Most adults live that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah at night, Wayne, only in ninety chance are going to regret asking us for help today, So welcome to the show. Now must stay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am having some regret. You know, it started as a good idea.
Speaker 1: Okay, they will get to your questionable idea and the second. But first, tell us about the girl that you went out with. Who's she?
Speaker 4: And Isabella?
Speaker 2: Okay that's name?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And from Jeffrey's description, it sounds like, I don't know, maybe you're a little exhausted from online dating.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay, are we all okay?
Speaker 5: I mean, do you still have hope going into a first date with someone when you're just tired.
Speaker 2: Of it all?
Speaker 4: I have a sliver of hope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like, all right, give me a reasonably So tell us about what you wanted to do with Isabella.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so Isabella, you know, a couple of weeks you're chatting and we had really awesome conversations, like talked about our favorite candy and like our top three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is your favorite candy?
Speaker 4: Kidding pieces?
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, it's not.
Speaker 1: The does your first date have to do with like a candy shop or something?
Speaker 4: No, but kind of like a game. Well, basically, we had so many fun conversations and she was like, it never translates into a good first date. And I was like, well, let's just skip the first date then, and we can pretend like it's our second or third date.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, can you do that?
Speaker 4: I like that, Yeah, you could do that. You can act like remember last time when we talked.
Speaker 2: Why are you telling me this story again?
Speaker 1: It's already buddy, bro.
Speaker 4: We're getting along so well, And she was like, well, what have we pretended? It was our one year anniversary.
Speaker 5: Whoa, that escalated quickly, sir, let's jump right to the divorce and start breaking up items.
Speaker 1: It's been one year, you still won't sleep with me?
Speaker 2: Wait? Were you into that idea?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know yeah? I was like, why not? What have we got to lose it this rate?
Speaker 5: And you may get a free dessert out of it from the restaurant, you know, whenever they know it's an anniversary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So what'd you end up doing?
Speaker 4: Oh, we made a reservation for a one year anniversary and I ordered actually a bottle champagne and.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're a good boyfriend. After a whole year.
Speaker 4: We had to put out flowers with a card. Oh yeah, one year down, forever to go.
Speaker 1: I want to steal this one year down forever to go. That was the card.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, wow romantic. Did she think that's funny or did it feel like too much to her? Because you really took this too like a serious level.
Speaker 4: You owned it when we met, like we had the happy one year like anniversary jokes, and you know she was into it too. She came with like a president for me, which I was Yeah, her person was a fake coupon book that's really Yeah, it was done like that, but took like sarcastic, except free hug. It was like hug yourself or to the laundry yourself.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, that's more like the ten year anniversary.
Speaker 5: She said, it's really funny. Did you guys laugh a lot.
Speaker 2: On your date?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first like fifteen twenty minutes of the dinner. It's pretty fun. Okay. Then it got a little serious.
Speaker 2: Oh serious, probably with me.
Speaker 4: I was too into it, took it too far because I started kind of telling her who she can be friends with, you know what, Like I don't actually know any of her friends, so I was kind of making it up.
Speaker 5: You turned into the boyfriend that she wants to dump as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your friends don't like what the hell?
Speaker 1: Hopefully you told her don't hang around Brooke because she's a wet blanket about your date idea?
Speaker 4: Oh terrible, said, you know, Lane's a bad influence she you know, Oh, like, what do you mean? I don't know if she meant what do you mean, who's Lane or what?
Speaker 1: Because there is no Lane? Yeah, yeah, totally okay.
Speaker 2: You were a toxic boyfriend?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cute? Confused, Like what happened.
Speaker 2: To the romantic guy that she was dating, you know, faked.
Speaker 4: I mean, I had to have fixed in a little bit of real fake life.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's exactly why she's not calling you.
Speaker 1: Do you have to create some fake lows to enjoy those fake highs in your relationships.
Speaker 2: You don't put up with that type of crap in a relationship.
Speaker 1: You can single long enough, he has to do something.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised anymore. Maybe there's a reason.
Speaker 1: Yea, was that it was there more to the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it kind of got worse, perhaps because then we kind of shifted in the topic of how to discipline you know, our kids, ohip.
Speaker 1: You don't even have kids.
Speaker 4: No, we don't have kids now, but in the one anniversary world, it's normal to talk about, you know, how would you discipline kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't see eye to eye on how to parent your fake children.
Speaker 4: No, we were disagreeing a lot about that, and she said something about my mom being overbearing.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, how much longer did you guys last after that?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, it was hard coming out of like the overbearing mom thing. It got a little awkward. It just wasn't a good idea, all right, man?
Speaker 1: Well it sounds like you had a couple hiccups on the date, very tiny ones, but we're big. Every relationship goes through these moments before they find they're like, strip, isn't that right? Brooke? The first date but on the one year anniversary makes sense? So we're gonna play a song, We're gonna come back. We're gonna call your girlfriend of one year, Isabella, and we're gonna see if we can get her to go out with you one more time. Okay, the second time hold on. Jose keeps telling me off the air that he's gonna steal this date idea I am, even though the girl clearly isn't calling back.
Speaker 2: After it ended in total disaster. But it's so funny left at each other.
Speaker 1: If a girl isn't calling you back, Jose, usually that's a bad sign, I know, but it's just like, how much fun could you have imagining.
Speaker 2: Your one year university? He just wants to be in a relationship so bad.
Speaker 1: But we're talking about one of our listeners, Wayne, who just went out on a date with someone named Isabella, and on their first date, they pretended that it was their one year anniversary, so they set it all up with champagne and flowers at a restaurant. But Wayne thinks he may have over committed to the character when he made some jokey comments about who Isabella can and can't hang out with and how they are going to parent their future non existent children someday down the road. It's fake, guys.
Speaker 5: I know, Wayne, why did you go with controlling boyfriend as your persona?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't know. I wasn't really thinking I was doing controlling boyfriend. I was just thinking, you know, one year you have these.
Speaker 5: Little like telling someone who they can and can't hang out with is very controlling.
Speaker 4: I mean I was just looking out for lanes of bad influence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was not a good one in my life yet it guys, it's funny. Didn't your husband buy you a dish rack on your one year anniversary?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he never tried to tell me who I couldn't. Couldn't Hay.
Speaker 1: Get in the kitchen and dishes, don't get the water all over the count.
Speaker 6: I'm hanging out mister clean.
Speaker 1: So it can't turn out any worse than that, right, Wayne, Let's just call Isabella and see how this.
Speaker 6: Here we go, Isabella, Let's do this. Hello, Hey, is this Isabella.
Speaker 1: Yes, Hey Isabella, my name is jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Okay, like that, sas, I don't know what it's funny.
Speaker 2: You're really funny, Isabella already?
Speaker 1: Hi, Hi, this is the whole morning show that's a Brook. You probably know they're social media handle Brook Fox Fox, Yeah, sure, at Hilarious everything. Yeah, and then Alexis at Alexis Fuller sixteen sixteen. Okay, I don't follow you, guys.
Speaker 2: We're not calling because of social media.
Speaker 1: Just see no follow us. We're doing a dating segment on this show asking about somebody that you went out with recently named Wayne.
Speaker 6: Oh oh hell.
Speaker 1: Was that a good?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: You want to know, Well, we want to know what you thought about your date because we've heard a little bit about it from Wayne, but we'd like to get your perspective on it.
Speaker 6: Was it was it producer dancing a corner?
Speaker 3: I mean I think it was a really clever idea of mine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, to do the one year anniversary thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, we love that.
Speaker 1: Can you tell Brooke what an amazing idea? That day was so fun? It sounds like she doesn't believe that people can have fun doing that.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it didn't sound fun. It just you know, I don't know, it depends on what you think, Like did you think it was fun?
Speaker 3: I mean it started out pretty fun because like it was silly and just like, yeah, we already know each other. We've known each other for a year or whatever. But then like, I don't know, we're talking about our family and there was like this weird moment where I made this joke.
Speaker 5: About his mom being overbearing and stuff like that, which is a pretty stereotypical mother in law joke.
Speaker 8: Like absolutely, but his response to that was like, are you sure you want to eat that pasta?
Speaker 7: Like I want you to live along and help you life, and I don't know if that's to be something that's a part of your diet.
Speaker 2: He already told me about the friend thing too.
Speaker 1: Like why is he doing or does he have kind of a point if he wants you to live long? And I mean, if he really cared about you, that is red.
Speaker 3: But then he like he like brought up this person I can't even remember her name, but like he brought up this person because it's made up or whatever. But he was like I don't want you seeing her anymore, bad influence for you, and blah blah blah, and like yeah it was made up, but like I kind of a red flag for me.
Speaker 5: I would have alarm bells going off left and right, likes of.
Speaker 1: Like, wait, I'm an understand you made a joke about his mom being overbearing, but.
Speaker 2: It's like a stereotypical joke, right, Oh why is that okay?
Speaker 5: Because it's not talking about who he is as a person's she's not talking about who she.
Speaker 1: Is as a person.
Speaker 4: Can I just say something? It wasn't a real person?
Speaker 1: Okay? Uh, sorry, that's Wayne Isabella. He just jumped in the conversation up.
Speaker 4: Person, Isabella. We were in it together for one year anniversary. I don't know what when you talking about my mom, even though she is very overbearing, you don't know her.
Speaker 3: Nail on the head. Huh, you're not listening, like you're saying about the mom. And then you completely change around onto me and something about me as a person, and it's like that didn't really hit well, you know, we weren't. We were joking about our family and then suddenly you started telling me that I shouldn't eat Costa, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeh, family joking is okay, but talking about food that crosses.
Speaker 5: The line what they can or can't eat, can can't hang.
Speaker 4: Out with.
Speaker 1: Safety and health?
Speaker 5: And well she's not child, you're not your dad, Like get out of here.
Speaker 2: And why do you think boyfriends act that way? Like if you're just even if you're just pretending, and like.
Speaker 3: Pasta isn't even bad for you?
Speaker 4: Like what are you?
Speaker 3: What are you doing? You're basically just feeding into the stereotype that carbs make you fat and I'm fat, Like.
Speaker 4: I didn't mean it like that. I was coming from the health perspective and daring about you wanting to have a health long boss's life together.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it'd be one thing if you said don't smoke.
Speaker 1: You know what's wrong with smoking? I'm my cigarettes? Are you telling me what I can and can't do?
Speaker 2: Get her?
Speaker 4: Jeff? I mean, if it wasn't positive, there wouldn't be the freak out.
Speaker 1: I mean it seems like a bit freak out over one thing. Is that all that it was? He made a bad joke about what she can and can eat in a fake scenario.
Speaker 3: A lot of the it was a lot of them making optic.
Speaker 8: Stuff which you know, Like there was one where he was talking about like our kids.
Speaker 3: And disciplining our kids, and I was like, okay, if we're just dating on a one year anniversary, that's not something that you usually talk about, is disciplining your children if you haven't even talked about wanting to have kids yet.
Speaker 4: And I was like, all right, I don't get it. What are you talking about. We already talked about having kids at our six months March.
Speaker 1: You forgot that conversation, Isabella.
Speaker 3: God, conversation maybe happened with another girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know a lot hotter situation than this.
Speaker 5: He's not very funny, Like, come on, man, it's like foreshadowing.
Speaker 2: Just a crappy relationship, is what you were doing?
Speaker 4: Like, Brook, she's just against me the whole time.
Speaker 1: You've emailed us for help. Remember that, Brook, This date idea was all her idea to pretend to be like a couple a year into a relationship.
Speaker 2: Couple, that's fun. You pretend European vacation.
Speaker 7: You have this.
Speaker 1: Now he has to pay for a big euro Trip's a bad boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Oh, she's obviously going to split the cost. Jeffrey. They've only been together for one year. Okay, she's an independent working woman, give her a break.
Speaker 1: Is that true, Isabella?
Speaker 3: I would absolutely pay my own way, but like I would appreciate if he offered.
Speaker 2: Conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, would you like to go to Europe with me? I'll pay for it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, got way better.
Speaker 4: Yeah for it? You?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? The kids behind Well, come on, guys.
Speaker 2: Literally, I think he tried to take the bad angle as a joke and it didn't work. But I think she was her gut.
Speaker 1: You guys are still laughing right now. You have chemistry. Yeah, Like we can all tell when a joke is a joke and when it's not a joke, except and I'm not joking right now when I say I want to pay for a second date for both of you, and I will pay for it, yes, pre Europe, Europe. Yes, just a regular first date, and we can pretend that you guys haven't been dating for a long time anymore, a real second date.
Speaker 3: I would be okay with a real second date and just see what he's really like in the present moment instead of thinking what a future should be.
Speaker 1: I can't believe, Oh my god, I can't believe you said, Wayne, Are you still You're still up for this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course she won't regret it at all.
Speaker 2: Just no more hypotheticals on your guys date.
Speaker 1: You guys should not joke at all. Look what happens. True love prevails even when Brooke tries to actively check
Speaker 2: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.