Speaker 1: Also media.
Speaker 2: This is it could happen here Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House. They're crumbling world and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today. I'm joined by James Stout and Robert Evans. This episode recovering the week of April twenty second April thirtieth. Anything anything interesting happened this week?
Speaker 3: Very little? Not much news?
Speaker 1: Oh not much. I mean, Garrison, you've joined the ranks of the vaccine injured, right.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, go full so joining us of four live vaccines inside Garrison's bodies.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you for having me and my four live vaccines which have obliterated my body and mind this week as I scrambled to finish them on Donnie Piece. But news happens whether or not I feel bad, So let's get to it.
Speaker 3: In fact, I seem to happen a lot when we've seed sometimes inspire us that way.
Speaker 2: Now we will talk about the thing. Obviously, we'll talk about the thing, but first some smaller news items to start. Congress has voted to end the seventy six day DHS shutdown without funding for ice or border patrol. The bill now goes to Trump today and if he signs it, the shutdown will be over. The House voted to reauthorize FAISA section seven oh two, the warrant list of surveillance authority. Forty two House Democrats voted to reauthorize twenty two Republicans voted against the bills expected to be stalled in the Senate at least this version of the bill, as it included an amendment about digital currency, which the Senate will fight over. The ATF released a new list of proposed reforms and regulations, repealing the Biden pistol brace rule, as well as requiring quote unquote biological sex be used on ATF forms. The State Department is releasing a limited edition passport for the United States two hundred and fiftieth anniversary, featuring a portrait of President Trump superimposed on the Declaration of Independence and an American flag with his golden signature below. Google Trump Golden Signature for more.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm just gonna say, if we have any foreign border control agents listening, you have to detain anybody you see that passport.
Speaker 3: It is now possible for Nicki Minaj, and only Nicki Minaj to assemble the most unique collection of United States government documents in history if she become a citizen, because she is apparently the only recipient of the Gold.
Speaker 1: Card, that's the Golden Visa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, she could, really, she could really get a unique but you know, Pokemon combination here of I guess she'd have to advance pretty quickly for a moment you would. I'm not clear how one goes from Gold Card citizenship, and the only way we'll find out is by closely following Nicki Minaj.
Speaker 2: The DOJ indicted former FBI doctor James Comey for the second time, this time for posting an Instagram image with the numbers eighty six forty seven. Once again. Trump's FCC is going after Disney's ABC licenses by directing Disney to file an early renewal order. After Jimmy Kimmel made a joke a few days before the White House Correspondents Dinner about First Lady Milania Trump having the quote glow of an expectant widow. It pains me to say critical support to Jimmy Kimmel. President Trump, David Allison, Todd Blanche Stephen Miller, Barry Weiss, Paramount's chief legal officer and several CBS journalists met in a closed door dinner in Washington, d C. Last week. As the paramount buyout of Warner Brothers and CNN progresses nightmare blunt rotation, main governor Janet Mills vetoed the state's eighteen month data center moratorium, the first of its kind in the country. Days later, Mills dropped out of the Senate race, paving the way for populist candidate Graham Plattner to receive the Democratic nomination and go up against Susan Kah in the midterms.
Speaker 3: Must it seemed to already be behind him a sort of post from the Democrats account, Patrick Graham.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how the Democratic Party kind of falls in line behind this guy, given the fairly unique degree of controversy over the Nazi tattoo and a couple of other things that have come up. But this has been in general, the gap between kind of how random progressives and Democrats online talk about Platner and how people in Maine feel about him has been massive from the jump, and I think a lot of it has to do just with the fact that this guy went about campaigning in a very dedicated way. He visited basically every county that like he could, And it goes to show that the consensus that builds online around candidates will never matter as much as like what they're out there actually doing in the world. And it's it's useful to get a reminder of that, whether or not you think this is a tremendous disaster, just to agree to which all of the talk about this guy online had no impact on his ability to actually like win. Now, this is a unique case. There aren't a whole lot of seats that are like the seat that he's going to be taking right in terms of like both the weakness of your primary rival and the weakness of the other party if you should happen to win the primary. Like, this is not every congressional district, but it's still kind of an interesting case study.
Speaker 3: Maine is also like it's not California, you know, like Californian, so discourse happens on likes we're of vast state and you know these big cities insertion, and Maine is different, Like he has good ground game and that matters more there, it seems.
Speaker 2: And this signifies like a rejection of democratic establishment. Yes, sessions like a hunger for change yep. And the fact that someone with all the controversies that come with Platner was able to beat the democratic establishment I think shows how hungry, how hungry people are to upseat these these bloodsucking monsters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll keep reporting on that. I'm kind of interested in this race.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, absolutely mean, Susan Collins plays a unique role in the Senate right now. Finally for me. On Saturday, a car bomb exploded at a police station in Dunmurrae, Northern Ireland, outside Belfast. A group calling itself the quote unquote New IRA claimed responsibility and a sixty six year old man has been arrested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, New IRA, sixty six year old man. Well, the new IRAS's it grows out of the real IRA.
Speaker 1: Right, was it the new IRA who killed that journalist a few years back in Belfast?
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't know?
Speaker 1: The New IRA yep admitted responsibility. Yeah, yeah, that's the New IRA as well. Lara McKee is the name of the journalist who was killed. Okay, I think just out of negligence and incompetence during an action these people were a part of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like just before COVID times. Yeah, I do you remember? So Two large vessels, including a tanker, have been seized by pirates off some mind Aalia. Another attempted hijacking by pirates was prevented. I'm just going to quote the uk mto here quote the master of a cargo vessel was approached by two small fishing vessels with armed persons support. One vessel approached within six hundred meters. Warning shots were fired and the suspicious craft returned fire. The suspicious boat moved away and made clear of the vessel. All crew are safe and accounted for. Vessels are advised to transit with caution and report any suspicious activities to uk MDO authorities are investigating. I saw another incident where a ship had fired a flair people who were allegedly attempting to board it. Right that, it seems like there has been an uptick in an instant, especially as ships generally are having a hard time right now. The United States has also been boarding a number of vessels to inspect them as part of its blockade on Iran and Iranian goods. Secondly, j nim that Ali Islam Uhile muslimin and the aswadl Boration Front in Maley launched a shock offensive this week that saw them sweep into Mali's capital, assassinate the defense minister, and force the military Hunter and it's allied Russian forces to abandon whole cities. They also abandoned a number of bases right there. J and I am have captured like massive amounts of Russian Africa core material. But this is a pretty ground shaking offensive, a big change for Mali. The Hunter in miammar I still keep calling them that they've rebranded themselves as a civilian government.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Min A Lang gets retired as a general and just become president and change closed and done the same shit like the Hunter reclaimed Falarm this week, which using Chin State. It's capital of Chin State. Fighting has been happening there for months. I've been talking to people pretty regularly who are taking part in the in the battle there. They're obviously, you know, they lost friends in the battle. They are not happy about this, but I think it's fair to say that spirits among the resistance Germany remained pretty high and they hope that they'll return to Falam soon enough. Doug Bergham has announced a United States Geographic Geographical Geological.
Speaker 1: Survey USGS geological server. Yeah, I know that because of the film Evolution starring David Dukovny.
Speaker 3: Not familiar.
Speaker 1: This is an important piece of news for the listeners. There was a brief period of time in between X Files and Californication where we thought that David Dukeoveny might have a career as a comedic actor.
Speaker 2: And no he did not that he might have a career. I love he said a great.
Speaker 1: Just not as a comedic actor.
Speaker 3: Okay, So Doug Bergham has announced that the United States Geological Survey found enough lithium to replace three centuries of imports in Appalachia.
Speaker 1: Enough left the end to do that or make one American small town normal for a weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I want to read from this because it's kind of interesting. Quite The southern Appalachians hold an estimated one point four to three million metric tons of lithium oxide concentrated in the Carolinas, and the northern apple Achians holding estimated nine hundred thousand metric tons concentrated in Maine and New Hampshire, according to estimates in a new U SGS scientific paper. That is like I guess Big Appalachia like going up into Maine there leaving that aside, Lithium mining is incredibly disruptive to the environment, right, Yeah, Generally there's two ways you could do it. You can extract it from brine like they do in Chile, and I think other places think they're trying to do that in California. Otherwise it's open pit mining. The water use, energy use, ecological damage will be huge, potential for disasters is not zero, and the people of Appalacture should be more than familiar with how this tends to go. Right, This is the long history of mining and mining. Deserve is moving on. Donald Trump has reposted a tweet about changing the name of Ice to nice Nice Agents.
Speaker 1: They should do this. I want them to do this.
Speaker 3: It would be absolutely disastrous for audio journalisms.
Speaker 1: It'd be like, look, we understand, you know, it's nineteen forty three. People have a lot of issues with the Gestapo. We're gonna call them the fun stoppo now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the nice Stoppo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the great style process now stands for super sweet.
Speaker 2: Actually, the White House account and the DHS account have posted nice images or hype videos since this as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to consider there's like a forty chance this happens at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, this might happen.
Speaker 1: If this could very much happen, Like we're laughing, but this could be the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what does the end stand for?
Speaker 3: National?
Speaker 1: National?
Speaker 3: It's just it's what they call a backronym.
Speaker 1: I know, Garrison with these guys could have stood for a couple of things. You think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so uh Trump, truth, great idea do it? That is how policy is made these days.
Speaker 2: This is huger and policy works now via via truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this has made something clear to me that I was kind of dancing around for all, which is that I am in support in general of any policy that just pulls the wool off of people's eyes like this. This is one of those things where it's now should be clearer to even the really stupid people where we are as a country when we do when something like this happens, And so I'm supportive of it, Like we can't have any artifice. The more you dress things up, the more people get deranged. So at least this everyone knows what's happening. Yeah, really clear.
Speaker 3: I'm also Germany in favor of like they have a budget, it is vast but it is fixed. And if they want to spend it all rewrapping their vehicles to say Nice, yeah, fine, Oh so.
Speaker 1: It's gonna make them feel lame.
Speaker 2: Are they gonna do that by buying end stickers or do they have to get the whole new sticker? Do you think right? Do they slap the end?
Speaker 1: I hope they just slap it in.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we want to open the open door to them having stickers with then on that Yeah, who knows. Garrison. They had previously spent quit a lot of money wrapping vehicles, so it's not beyond them to get Maybe they'll get a whole rebrand. Maybe it'll be nice and a picture of someone like holding cake.
Speaker 2: Or they got to find some way to spend the seven bajillion dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah they have so either that or you know, when we get someone better in we could keep the name but just create like a brand partnership with the city of Nice. And I'm going to say that like it's like and turn them into advertising. Instead of pulling people away from their families. They can tell people about all of the new deals on air Fair to France that are available right now.
Speaker 2: We don't even need to abolish Nice.
Speaker 3: We can just perform it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could just we could just perform it to a tourism agency for one city in France.
Speaker 3: There is a type of biscuit in Britain which I suspect maybe comes from Nice. But if Germany referred to as a Nice biscuit because it has Nice stamped on the biscuit, sure so perhaps we could instead of guns and give them biscuits and they can hand those out.
Speaker 1: Think of how much better it'll be. Some guy shows up for his like, you know, immigration court meeting, and he finishes that and on his way out, there's a delegation of guys from from Nice just being like, you want to go on vacation one of France's top five or six cities.
Speaker 3: I assume the niceise cops. Yeah, they give you, like one of their special salads they make there with. Yeah, so many. Yeah, it could be great.
Speaker 1: Hit us up, it could be this could work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you're the mayor of Nice, we can we can introduce you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Finally, the United States has indicted the governor of Sino Law on drug grafficking charges, which is a pretty significant thing.
Speaker 2: Well, that's not as funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, no, no, well I'm not going to be brand rebranding as clearly the.
Speaker 2: Speaking of not being funny, let's actually talk about the bad news this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On Wednesday, the Supreme Court struck down a Louisiana voting map as a quote on constitutional racial gerrymander that effectively created a black voting district. The ruling was split six three on ideological lines, Alido who wrote the majority opinion, saying that the district violated the equal Protection clause of the Constitution. The new ruling substantially undermines the nineteen sixty five Voting Rights Act, reinterpreting Section two provisions against racial discrimination to require evidence of intentional racial discrimination, not just discrimination as the effect, so in the future, proving discriminatory motives may be needed in order to win legal challenges against gerrymandering. By citing the Voting Rights Act. This ruling specifically depowers black voters while enabling Republican jerrymandering to continue. Republicans in the South will now be able to redraw House district maps that lean Democrat, that have a high number of Black voters, and prstmates at least fifteen House districts are now at risk of elimination. In the dissent, Justice Alana Kagan wrote, the court's decision will set back the foundational right Congress granted of racial equality in electoral opportunity unquote.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is bad.
Speaker 2: This is possibly the worst escalation of the continued undermining of the Voting Rights Act.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, Yeah, I mean, this is inarguably the most important thing going on this week, even with the shooting that we haven't talked about, like the gutting of laymore people died for Like, the Voting Rights Act has a body count attached to it. Yeah, the court has to be packed the next Like, if there's ever another democratic or left of center administration and they don't pack the court, there's simply no chance of improving or fixing any of the problems this country has. Like it's a necessary prerequisite.
Speaker 3: It's no coming back from this.
Speaker 2: DC and Porto ricurls need to become states and have their own congressional representation. Any future opposition administration has to go completely gloves off, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we have to imprison a bunch of the people currently running things. Yeah, Like, there's a lot of stuff that has to happen. But one of those is the Supreme Court needs to get packed, because, by god, these people are not going to approve of anything that isn't insane.
Speaker 2: It's unclear if this rulely will have immediate impacts on the upcoming midterms, but by twenty twenty eight it will certainly have impacts.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had filed for an emergency decision on redistruting or I guess not redistruting like predistrict. I don't know what you would call that, better to get this in effect before the midterms.
Speaker 2: Basically, Yeah, the Supreme Court also sent us to a lower court to work out more details. It's going to obviously be ongoing litigation about it, just as there will be about Florida's redistricting measure that they are trying to finalize before the midterms as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and indeed Californias. I think there have been some arguments, may like, now that this decision had been made by the Supreme Court, right, like, the states will have to consider this in their redistricting. Should we take a break.
Speaker 2: We shall, and then we can talk about the dinner. Yeah, okay, we are back. Let's talk about the dinner. Let's talk about the shooting that happened at the dinner, the thing that everyone else has been talking about for the past five six days. So yeah, on April twenty fifth, during the White House Correspondence dinner, Everyone's favorite event.
Speaker 1: It's a shame we weren't there.
Speaker 2: It is unfortunate that we were not there to point our vertical video at our face as the news happens in front of us.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would have been filming just your face, Garrison and just like really tight in, like to the point where it's it's difficult for you to get up and move. I keep wedging No Garrison face the camera. Come on, people need to see.
Speaker 3: I'd be assuming the war fight apostume.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get up like kank Seth and storm around. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would also be shielding myself behind Stephen Miller's wife.
Speaker 2: Hed been protecting the wife.
Speaker 1: Either way. Funny, Yeah, yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least at least Miller wasn't wasn't getting cooked, unlike the FBI director.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is funny that he abandoned his wife.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, girlfriend, girlfriend, girlfriend, Sorry, I guess we should just go. Let's recap the events for people who live under a rock.
Speaker 2: So shortly before eight thirty pm, the alleged shooter approached the Secret Service security screening checkpoint located on the terrace level of the hotel. This was the level above the ballroom level where the actual dinner was taking place. James, we should probably just read from the court document.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm I'm going to read this straight from the government's THEFJ statement and in court. Right before the dependant approached the checkpoint, he discarded a long black coat that concealed a twelve gage pump action shook. The defendant then sprinted through one of the magnetometers at the checkpoint and ran in the direction of the stairs leading to the ballroom where the President and members of his family and cabinet were located. As the defendant did so, he held a shotgun in both hands in a raised position parallel to the ground. A United States Secret Service officer observed the defendant fire the shotgun in the direction of the stairs leading down to the ballroom. The Secret Service officer and others at the checkpoint heard the gun shot. The Secret Service officer drew his service weapon and fired five times that the defendant. The defendant fell to the ground and was restrained by law enforcement and was placed under arrests. The defendant suffered a minor injury to his knee, but was not shot. We can in a second talk about whether he shot the Secret Service officer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because there's an interesting Washington Post review that's out too now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and a couple of court documents just filed today. Yeah, let's talk a little bit about the just circumstances, is right, this person had purchased. According to court documents, he purchased two weapons from separate firearm stealers in California, buying a shotgun on or about August seventeenth, twenty twenty five, and a pistol on or about October sixth, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pistol for a while. The shotgun was a more of a recent purchase.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the pistol is a fascinating choice, amazing choice. Thirty eight Super Yeah, I have never seen a thirty eight super hanggun outside of them. They're very They're common in Mexico because, yeah, they have a certain cachet and cultural value.
Speaker 1: Every thirty eight superhandgun that I have personally held was in Boston. Gold and silver yeah, yeah, and usually a Mexican flag, but not exclusively.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like some sort of heraldry that denotes but it's associated sometimes with organized crime, Like I'm not when I say associated with organized crime. A few weeks ago, right, I talked about a material support for terrorism case which centered on a firearms dealer who was selling grips for thirty thirty eight super pistols with images that are associated with cartels. Like when you buy a thirty eight super someone at the ATF gets an email. I bet like these things are very rare and that they have a certain consumer base.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously there are normal thirty eight super pistols that exist. They're just like today, most people buy because it's a weird moon round too. There's not a it's not a normal like it's not there's nothing wrong with it, but it's not a round that's commonly carried. It's expensive. It's primarily something that has like cachet for drug dealers. But I guess also my interpretation and I guess we're I know, maybe this is getting too much into my says side of things, but I do have a theorist to why he would have picked this gun and the shotgun that he picked. But we can talk about that later if you want.
Speaker 2: We'll get that in the sack.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He also had a I believe two knives and four daggers. Yeah, six bladed weapons.
Speaker 1: Really want to see pictures of those bladed weapons?
Speaker 3: They are in the court documents, buddy, let me have you. Let me let me just find those for you.
Speaker 2: We have an enhanced image of some of them too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we should talk about this. The government submitted a quote unquote enhanced image in the court case. Mister Allen took a picture of himself at about eighth three pm, so about half an hour before he rushed past the magnetometer. There in the picture we can see he is wearing black suit pants. He is wearing a black shirt. He has a red tie which inexplicably is tucked into his pants. He has a shoulder holster and a large k by knife in a in a downwards draw configuration. He is carrying a pair of pliers and a pair of wirecutters in a holster on its left side. On his right side, he is carrying a small leather bag which allegedly contained more shotgun rounds, and the nineteen eleven is in a prester or shoulder holster.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: None of this screams highly trained.
Speaker 2: The quote unquote enhanced image was basically a zoomed in the oh yeah copy of this photo that if I were to guess, the word enhanced means that they use some kind of sharpening or AI image sharpening tool.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, none of which are real in terms of like none of which are actually enhancing or sharpening.
Speaker 2: The details that you are seeing should not be allowed in to be like viewed in court.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, yeah, the AI is guessing there's not extra data in the photo. The AI is uncovering, Like the AI is basically attempting to clean up an image, which is fine if you have like a blurry photo of you and like your white when you got in your first apartment together, that you weren't cleaned up. Yeah, but that's not it's not not. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we'll see the defense challenges and I'll be interested to know, like what AI they used, and did they did they ask for various iterations of the enhancement or did they you know, like this will be interesting. I don't think that it materially inserting anything. We can see the same Samsung phone. I can see the handle of the knife in both imagies, I can see the handle of their hang guns.
Speaker 2: This is more of like a principal thing. Yeah, then, like, did this specifically affect the photo in this case in any way that would lead to the evidence being more useful?
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly. Yeah, yeah, this is a bad slippery slope. So talking of his phone, he kept it with him as he traveled across the country on a train, taking notes about the landscape as he went Amtrak. Yeah, yeah, he uh, he took Amtrak, and like he was enchanted by like the deserts and they he liked Chicago. He thought the woods on the East coast were greatly.
Speaker 2: He kept like a like a journal where he wrote a the trap.
Speaker 3: Yeah in the notesap of his phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then the day of his attempted shooting, he used open sources to track the president's movements. Should we move on to did he fire his gun?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's a big because because that is a big question, right now, Yeah, that's one half the question. The other half is did he shoot a secret service ation? Which?
Speaker 1: Right, did he shoot anybody? M hm? The DOJ is saying he fired a gun. The DOJ claims that, but is not really affirmatively saying that he shot an agent. Yeah. No, they They've said a couple of different things. They've said that an agent was struck by gunfire. They've said that it was not friendly fire. But they have not said that he was struck by the assailant shotgun, by the gunman's actual weapon. And that's partly because there's not hard evidence yet that the gunmen actually fired his shotgun.
Speaker 3: Let me read you what they fired in court today. Yeah, the evidence gathered Nadelie to date establishes that your client fired his Mosburg twelve gage pumpaction shotgun at least one time as he rampast some magnetometers on the terrace level of the Washington Hilton on April twenty fifth, twenty twenty six. When the weapon was recovered, had once spent cartridge case in the chamber, which has been identified as having been fired in the Mosburg shotgun. The government's preliminary ballistics video analysis show that your client fired his shotgun in the direction of Secret Service Officer VG, which Officer VG observed. Additionally, at least one fragment was recovered from the crime scene that was physically consistent with a single buckshot pellet. That fragment was recovered from a location at the scene consistent with your client firing his shotgun in the direction of Officer VG. The government is aware of no physical evidence, digital video evidence, or witness statements that are inconsistent with the theory that your client fired his shotgun in the direction of Officer VG, or the officer of VG was indeed shot once in the chest while wearing a ballistic vest. They go on them further to say, the government also recovered five spent nine millimeters LUGA cartridge cases, each of which was determined to have been fired from Officer Veg's service weapon. The government also identified five separate bullet holes in the walls opposite from Officer VEG, consistent with the direction. So Officer VEG fired his service weapon. That's like the most Yeah, that's the most detail that we've seen from them of their case. Right. His defense had previously suggested that the because of some of the public statements Attorney General Blanche had made, the government may have e sculpatory evidence either that he didn't fire his gun or that he didn't shoot the Secret Service agent in question.
Speaker 2: Which administration officials have gone on the news to say that the Secret Service agent did not shoot himself, which yes, is not saying that another Secret Service agent did not shoot him though.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And it doesn't seem like he shoutened to like a plaster board wall. It seems right, so he didn't maybe get splashed back, which is no.
Speaker 1: The the only holes we've seen look like they came from pistols, and that's something the Washington Posts actually did like look into, because there's at least one there's a couple I think of livestream videos that showed like holes from a bullet in the wall. But the Post talked to Rick Vasquez, the firearms consultant and former chief of the Firearms Technology Branch at the ATF or what was then the ATF, who said that the holes were consistent with handgun rounds. Now, that's not like a firearms technology. There's a lot of wo there, but it's also pretty easy to look. I mean, sometimes it could be kind of messy because like the balls and like a double lot buck shotshell are kind of similar in size to nine millimeter right.
Speaker 3: Somewhere in the thirty caliber range, right, but they don't tend to.
Speaker 1: Hit with the same kinds of patterns, right, Like, there does tend to be a significant difference, especially that kind of range. The night of the shooting, or within a few hours of a Trump posted security camera footage, and the Post got a hold of a higher resolution copy of that footage and they went through like a frame by frame analysis of it, because, as you noted, James, they claimed that Cole has charged his shotgun while he was passing through the magnometers, the magnetometers. Right. They didn't say it happened to elsewhere. They said it like as he was going through that checkpoint that you can watch him sprint through like he's fucking rudo running his way into the correspondence dinner. And in their frame by frame analysis, the Post only found evidence of four muzzle flashes, all of them from the agent who was allegedly struck by something's weapon. Right, So, first off, I mean, and you can hear in other footage, you can clearly hear more shots than that, Like I don't doubt that there were that he discharged five shots, but the video only shows four, And crucially, it does not show Cole's shotgun firing. And the video follows him until he goes off screen, So maybe whoever wrote that out should have written after passing through the magnanometers. But they seem to pretty clearly be saying it was while he was in that little security area. And there's not evidence in the footage of him firing. We don't see anything that looks like firing, Like nobody reacts as if he has fired, Like there's there's just no evidence that he shot. And you know, they're hinging a lot on the fact that there's a spent cartridge in the chamber of his twelve gauge. But number one, that's actually not an uncommon way to store that kind of twelve gage shotgun with a spent shell in the in the breach, because it makes it easy if something were to happen. It makes it easier to basically get a fresh round in without needing to have a chambered round at all times, which a lot of people, most people don't like to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then don't drop say five that like it's a bad idea to do that.
Speaker 1: You don't want to do that with a shotgun, you know. Is it possible that he was storing it that way? Is it possible that he loaded one an empty round in there intentionally because he didn't actually he was hoping to do a suicide by cop and he didn't intend to actually shoot anybody. Is it possible he just fucked up. It's also perfectly possible he fired later. But but it's really weird that they wrote it out that way, if that's what they're alleging, because we see him when he's at the security checkpoint at the magnanometer and he doesn't fire in the footage that we have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's been a lot of press statements that are sort of talking around exactly not making the explicit statement he fired his shotgun and he shot the officer in the chest, right and certainly, like I'm not sure about the distance we're talking about, Like, and then thus the spread that would happen with.
Speaker 1: It would be minimal spread even with a sod off in a narrow corridor like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you go by an inch per yard, right, Like, that's the amount that yeah, really spreads. And so if you hit this person once, assuming this person has a chest at twenty inches wide, Yeah, that doesn't line up, right. Yeah, it might be different with bugshy.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously if they had evidence that the secret cerviation was shot by mister Allen, we'd have seen it. They would be running with that. The fact that they do not have evidence that the agent was shot by Alan is shown in the way that they're like talking about this.
Speaker 3: He was shot, Yeah, and the guy discharged a shotgun.
Speaker 2: Separate statements, exactly two separate statements. Yeah, they're still affirming that the agent did not shoot himself, which does not mean that he was not shot by another agent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And there's a in that Washington Post article. They talked to Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche and asked him to explain, like why why are you guys never willing to say, like where the round that hit the officer came from? Right? They asked him the question that we've been asking, and Blanche answered, we want to get that right. We're still looking at that. There you go, right, And that is a big change. As the Post notes of a day earlier, he told ABC that officials believe the gunman had shot the officer, so he has led back, which leads me to think maybe this guy didn't shoot at all, or maybe he fired later, maybe even totally by accident. Maybe when he was down he liked discharged, but if so, also you would think there'd be a photo somewhere of where he discharged the shotgun. It's surprisingly easy for bullets to get lost, right, and by that I mean just get so destroyed and what not by impact that there's not really much of anything to find. That happens all the time. It's really rare, and I would argue impossible to discharge a twelve gage shotgun with any kind of shot shell in a fucking hotel like this and not have there be some sign.
Speaker 3: Of what you They make holes in things, that's what they're full.
Speaker 1: They make multiple holes unless it's a slug, but then they make a really big hole. And Cold had specifically written that he was not intending to use slugs. In his manifesto suicide know, whatever you want to call it, he specifically stated that he was using a twelve gage loaded with buckshot because he wanted to reduce the chances of overpenetration and of injuring or killing someone he did not intend to hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk a little bit about his background, maybe a few other things from that man festo. I know, Robert, you've done some digging into that.
Speaker 1: I did the normal thing that at least one of us does, generally all of us do in some form ever after every kind of mass shooting or like publicly notable terror attack or whatever, and just found myself looking through a stranger social media. Yeah, there's been a bunch a couple of good articles out about him now, most of like the first things that we knew about this guy, Like the very first fact is when his name came out, there were two different guys who kind of lived in the Torrance area who were immediately like there were responses under Cole Thomas Allen or Cole Allen. And one of them was like some fucking white dude who worked at I think it was a consulting firm or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It wasn't very but he just looked like he might have been thirty. And the other was Cole Thomas Allen, and it was him winning a Teacher of the Year award at the he worked at a company that was basically doing like top college test prep tutoring. Right, Yeah, so he was a teacher. Some people that are really angry at the description of him as a teacher because they're being like, he's trying to like bad public school teachers. He's not a public school teacher, but there are other kinds of teachers. He was a teacher of the month at the tutoring academy that he worked at. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I had found by the time I got there, which is like twenty minutes after the name started spreading, the Facebook page of the school that he worked or of the tutoring academy whatever that he worked at, which I'm not going to name, but it was hundreds of posts already being like good to see this is who's teaching your kids, you know, like you hired a terrorist all this kind of like yeah, yeah, it's it's it's bleak, It's the normal thing that happens, you know, with anything related to this in this case. Right after that, Trump posted a picture of the detained and stripped, mostly naked gunman that was obviously the Cole Allen who had won the teacher of the month, like immediately visible, like you could. It was a positive idea was very quick from that point on. So at that point a couple other things started coming out, because you know, I had I had looked through from that Facebook page. I had found a couple other posts about Cole Thomas Allen are different places where he had accounts, which made a couple other details of his background obvious. He was a mechanical engineering student in cal Tech kind of during the first Trump administration. Yep, you know that was honestly, like most of what was like immediately obvious is that like he'd been an engineering student at cal Tech, he'd worked as a teacher, and he'd been a part of In his Lincoln you can see that he'd been a part of Caltech's Christian Fellowship and the NERF Club, right, Yeah, Now, Ken Klippenstein talked to one of his co fellow peers during this period of time who knew that while he was at NERF Club, cal had like kind of led there was like a conflict within the club over people modifying and otherwise altering their NERF guns to make them more resemble real weapons, as NERF has also come out with more guns that look like real guns over the years, and he was really against this, Like he was very against the idea of like NERF guns that were modified to look like real guns or just like people playing with things that looked like real guns. Now, fast forward to the actual day of the shooting. His blue Sky account got found fairly quickly alongside the LinkedIn. Obviously, that got deleted in very short order, but it was archived, thankfully by a very nice person who realized that it would probably be useful to have actual documentation about what this guy was doing online rather than rely on a bunch of different articles making claims. So I went through all of that, you know, as soon as it came out. He had about five hundred followers, who was following about one hundred and fourteen people. He did not post often on his own, but when he did, in like the two different occasions I could find of him like posting on his own in this incomplete archive of his Blue Sky one of them was him posting in like sympathy and solidarity with Ukraine, which is something that was very consistent. He reposted a ton of different fundraisers from different Ukrainian military units.
Speaker 2: That was in his user bio as well's support for Ukraine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was massively supportive of Ukraine and very angry at the Trump administration's failure to follow through with US obligations in that regard. And the only other post of his that was like him writing something that I saw was him basically critiquing an article about using AI in the classroom, and like people who were advocated use of AI in the classroom, he's very much against that. He was a reposter, though he was a reposter, and we'll talk about like some of the things he reposted. His bio read hi, I'm a random Californian guy, with posts about American politics, support for Ukraine, and observations of small creatures. And then he includes a quote, I choose my own battlefields, not through my blood, but with my heart. I stand on the battlefield to protect what I want. So that is I like type that quote in And that is a quote from an anime, the same anime that his his profile picture was also from this specific anime, which is Kagura. I don't know how that's pronounced. I think the character that he had is PfP of was Kagura. It's the like red haired lady with these weird like ball things on either side of her hair, Like I don't fully know how to describe this lady's hairstyle. It's kind of like vaguely Princess Leiah esque. And that appears to be who's his PfP photo is Okay, the series is called Gintama. I don't know much about this. I've heard people online being like, oh, he was a fan of like this anime. That means something or other, but like, I don't actually understand enough about the anime to give much of an analysis of that. I think it's just people being like because of the character he likes, it makes sense that he's a guy who would do something very extreme. I don't know enough about the anime to say how relevant that is, but the quote kind of does sound relevant to what he actually did, Like, I stand on the battlefield to protect what I want. And you can read stuff like that in as manifesto. Yeah, you can read stuff like that as manifesto, which we'll talk about. His actual reposts are very normal, lib coded. Yeah, he's a liberal, hugeally supportive of Ukraine. Thing about Palestine in there, nothing about Israel in there. Photo has since come out that appears to be legitimate of him wearing like an IDF shirt some time ago. He doesn't say anything again. In the limited we don't also have we don't have his whole blue sky in here. In the limited archive we have, I don't see anything of him like him talking at all about Israel. So I don't have enough to say that, like he was strongly supportive, but he certainly there's a real discrepancy between how he talks about Ukraine and him mentioning anything at all about what's happening in Gaza, right, yea.
Speaker 2: What is believed to be his Twitter account has also been scraped, and not as well archives, but there's screenshots of reposts on Twitter, reposting Brianna Wu with some criticism of pro Palestine protesters or things that are critical of Palestine and in a nominal way supportive of Israel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it's kind of hard to tell. Was he just more quiet about this online because he wanted to avoid, you know, getting dogpile or is this just something that as the genocide gut worse and worse, he became less willing to talk about. I don't know, but it's it's kind of it's just noteworthy how much, like how absent that kind of discussion is next to how often he talks about.
Speaker 2: Next to the Ukraine stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he also posted a bunch of very normal posts. There was one from a user you know, if you guys remember like a week or so ago, The New York Times published an interview with Hassan Piker the streamer, and the article was titled the rich don't play by the rules, So why should I? Why petty theft might be the new political protest. It's where Hassan tried to introduce the term micro alluding to the discourse, which I don't support at all. But it was like a pro shoplifting kind of like are you kind of taking a casual and jokey pro shoplifting argument, right? I don't want to. People have blown this out of proportion. But it's interesting that he came down against Hassan's side on that. He was basically reposting someone who was like, hey, I've been a lot of I've spent a lot of time in countries where graft and grifting are like normal, and it's really bad for that to happen. You don't want that to happen into your country. So he's certainly not like the on the far left, like direct action is good, I love committing crimes anarchists side of things. He is not at all that kind of guy. He is a will Stancilite. He is a lot of will Stancel reposts, a lot of Will Stancil posts. Yeah, yeah, he reposted me a couple of times. He posted me like talking about like the pope right, like because making fun of Trump for calling the Pope soft on crime, Like not any of my like spicy takes, right.
Speaker 2: Just like viral posts on Blue Sky.
Speaker 1: He didn't do a lot of spicy takes. He reposted a lot of normal viral stuff you'd expect. He was really angry about COVID nineteen. He hates Elon Musk. He reposted a lot of like, you know, Elon Musk wants poor African children to die, like kind of content talking about that after some of the more recent articles about how many people died in as a result of like the American like aid cuts that Musk was a major pardon. He was very angry about that. Reposted Bill Crystal saying abolish ice, okay. And there's a couple of different posts that he shared about or from people who were criticizing the White House Correspondence dinner and particularly like when Jake Tapper fucking made a post about like here's the napkins that we've got that have like freedom of the press, you know, the First Amendment stuff on it that like was supposed to be, like, this is our protest against the president, right, Like we've got these these monogram napkins. And he made fun of that, like a lot of people did. He was generally critical of anyone who would be at the Correspondence dinner, which was reflected in his manifesto where he said that, like the journalists and the other people at the event who are not in the administration aren't my targets. And you know, he said he didn't want to hit them, but also he was quote I would still go through most everyone here to get to the targets if it were absolutely necessary, on the basis that most people chose to attend a speech by a pedophile, rapist and trader and are thus complicit. But I really hope it doesn't come to that, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Another interesting bit from his manifesto's quote administration officials not including mister Patel, they are targets prioritized from highest ranking to lowest.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting, interesting parenthetical.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's just because some people were joking after that article came out about how cash Pattel they had to like break down his door because he was too drunk to reach people were joking like, maybe it's best if Cash stays in office because he's so I wonder.
Speaker 2: If that was the joke he was making. Unclear what he meant by that.
Speaker 1: But he doesn't give us any reason to believe also, and he doesn't share any jokes like that, right, so that is kind of legitimately baffling.
Speaker 2: Now, most of the manifesto is like apologizing to people he knows yep, for how this will be like a disruptive and then talking about his own rules of engagement, yes, which he says, quote probably in a terrible format, but I'm not military, so too bad unquote yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's it's interesting because he had also shared at least one post on blue that was like kind of pro gun control, that was like talking about how it's bad to have a gun, basically like it increases the danger that you're in, which it did for this guy. But it is interesting in terms of the firearms he chose, because this is clearly a guy who supports more gun control. He seems to find it distasteful certainly to like celebrate guns, right and celebrate like military style weapons. I kind of wonder if he picked the firearms he picked because they did not look like the pistol, didn't look like a glock or like the standard police guns that he sees people owning, and a shotgun doesn't look like an AR fifteen.
Speaker 2: Like AAR fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of wonder, although he says it was to minimize penetration, so maybe that's more likely.
Speaker 2: The other thing I want to mention is because the tootgun was purchased in August, and he does make a few references in the manifesto too, Yes, like thinking of having done something like this for quite a while, but this was his first opportunity that he saw that seemed semi possible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I also had the thought that, well, when he bought the shot because he specifically states that he wants to use a shotgun to minimize like casualties, then the date at which he bought the shotgun might be the date at which he decided he was going to do this right, or it might be the point which he started taking actions. It would make sense that maybe that would be around when he had started planning to do this, And you know, there's so much different shit happened around August of twenty twenty five. It's kind of impossible to say. This is definitely it. I did notice that August twenty fifth, twenty twenty five is when Trump issued his additional measures to address the crime Emergency in the District of Columbia Executive Order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the military occupation of DC.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, and this is when Trump is really and a bunch of there's a bunch of different news stories around Trump trying to deploy the National Guard in US cities, and I kind of wonder if maybe that's when he but that's purely theoretical. There was a lot of other bad stuff happening then, you know, so who's to say. He also seems to be angry about our war against Iran, like the fact, like the war of choice that Trump launched against Iran. He didn't get a post a lot about it, But there are some references in the manifesto that kind of make me feel like that may have also been like a major thing that helped push him to make this decision. Yeah, because he specifically stated that I'm a citizen of the United States of America. What my representatives do reflects me, and I am no longer one to permit a pedophile, rapist, and trader to coat my hands with his crimes, right, Like, there's some reasons to believe that that probably played into it as well.
Speaker 2: Interestingly, he does sign the manifesto with his blue Sky username. He sure does Cold Force.
Speaker 1: Yeah he thought that was cool. Yeah, perhaps that.
Speaker 3: Was her name he used. I don't know, And there's nothing activities or like it was maybe men something to him.
Speaker 1: Another thing that's probably worth talking about because Trump has made the claim several times this guy was anti Christian, that hatred of Christianity is what drove him. Ye as I said before, in Caltech, he was a member of the Christian group. I'll talk about that in a second. But in his manifesto he specifically justifies what he's doing as a Christian. There is a segment in there where he's going through like some objections he knows people in his life will have and kind of rebutting them. An objection one is as a Christian, you should turn the other cheek. Rebuttal turning the other cheek is for when you yourself are oppressed. I'm not the person raped in a detention camp. I'm not the fisherman executed without trial. I'm not a school kid blown up or a child starved or a teenage girl abused by the many criminals in this administration. Right, so he specifically is justifying this as a Christian on Christian grounds. He thanks his church, which seems to have been a major part of his life. So there's a quote from Ken Klippenstein's article about his time at Caltech. He was pretty prominent at the Caltech Christian Fellowship, pretty Christian and mellow. If I didn't see his face eating carpet, I would have never believed it. And then I found a Christianity Today piece that just came up a few hours ago, and a line from that is Alan's father, Thomas Allen, was listed as an elder at Grace United Reformed Church and Torrance, and an evangelical congregation that describes itself as preaching a God that is Christ centered, covenental, and confessional. The church's leadership page and social media pages have been pulled down, and yeah, it's fucked up. They had to have like security guards, armed guards, like escort worshippers inside and out this weekend, just because of all of the press around this. Elizabeth ter Linden, who also knew him at the time, told The New York Times he was definitely a strong believer in evangelical Christianity. At the time that I knew him, she was in the Celtic Christian Fellowship with him. So this guy appears to have been like a very strong evangelical Christian, like a liberal Christian. We don't exactly know was he always was his Christianity always like progressive and like liberal tinted, or was he kind of more conservative at a different point in his life. We do know that within the last couple of years he got involved in left wing activism in Los Angeles. His sister told law enforcement that after he got more involved in left wing activism, particularly a group who called themselves the White Awakes, which was referencing an anti slavery protest in the eighteen sixties. Oh yeah, okay, right, Like these are some of the people who like back Lincoln. So he joined some group and Alick has called the White Awakes for some period of time. He starts talking more radically, starts showing up to more protests, and I think he's helping with a couple of different kinds of things, with a couple of different groups. But that's when his sister says, he starts making like a lot more radical statements and maybe sometimes aggressive statements. And that lines up with when he buys a gun and he starts training after twenty twenty three, So this may have just been a thing where he didn't have a full plan at that point, but he accepted the possibility that he might need to do violence in order to support, you know, his his ideals. We don't really know, but that's that's all we've gotten in terms of a journey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in October of twenty twenty four, he did make one donation to the the pircial campaign via Act.
Speaker 1: Twenty five dollars. Yeah, but not a lot of not a long history of donations to the party, not a long history of like volunteering for the Democratic Party specifically. Seems to have been a pretty loyal voter. Yeah, but this is a guy who I think really during like the it would be during the Biden years, gets more involved in like left wing protests and organizing. He becomes angrier, and then after twenty twenty four he gets really really angry at Trump and eventually, probably some time late last year, decides to take action and for whatever reason, picks the Correspondent's dinner to do it. It's probably also worth noting that he sends this manifesto thing out right before he carries out the attack, like he's staying in the hotel for a couple of days before all this happens.
Speaker 2: He booked two nights.
Speaker 1: We actually get him to reflect a little on the security that he's experienced while he's been there, and that's a really interesting part of this. He says, I expected security cameras at every bend, bugged hotel rooms, armed agents every ten feet, metal detectors out the wazoo. What I got, who knows, maybe they're pranking me, is nothing. No damn security, not in transport, not in the hotel, and not in the event. Like, the one thing that I immediately noticed walking into the hotel is the sense of arrogance. I walk in with multiple weapons and not a single person there considers the possibility that I could be a threat. Crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Most of the security seemed to be isolated around the actual ballroom and the levels immediately above and below.
Speaker 1: And again he doesn't get anywhere close to the president or any other important person. Right, so you could argue the security did its job. He was just in the same hotel. But yeah, crazy stuff. I don't know, I don't have anything else.
Speaker 2: Let's go on ad break and then return to briefly discuss some of the conspiracy theories that have spawned after this alleged shooting.
Speaker 1: Love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are back. Immediately after the event took place, tons of conspiracy theories started cropping up, obviously piggybacking off of the Butler Pennsylvania ones. This was not helped by the confusion in early reports because once you get every journalist in DC in one room and then an event happens, that means every journalist has a kind of different version of the event that gets immediately blasted out online and on the news. So there was not a clear sequence of events. In the immediate aftermath of the shooting, there was reports that maybe was just dishes being dropped. Eventually it was clear that no, there was an actual shooting, and Wolf Flitzer did lose a shoe in the course of the events.
Speaker 1: He sure did. Poor Wolf out.
Speaker 2: Also not helping things, Trump was basically live truthing this investigation on the night of the shooting. Uh huh, and it was not clear to many people that the shooting did not happen on the ballroom level, and that the shooter did not get close to the targets.
Speaker 1: Well. Also, the people in the main room were still very scared because like, oh, they had no real context on what was happening, and everyone around them just started freaking out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because there's the military running around, secret Service running around, they heard gunshot se Yeah, it is a frightening thing. You're seeing g d Vance get pulled off stage. Trump's ducking down.
Speaker 1: What I do feel is kind of interesting about this is you've got this whole DC class of like press and other important people who are not in power themselves but are close to it, and they do a lot of the things that they do because they like being close to power, and there's this illusion that comes with that. I think for a lot of these people of importance that gets ripped away when the Secret Service pulls all of the people who are important out of the room and you're just left wondering if you're in danger. Like that's what it'll be like if there's a nuclear war. All of these people will suddenly have the few folks who have a detail get ripped out of the room, and then you'll just hear the sirens start and have nothing, no idea what's happening, and realize that your whole life in pursuit of being close to power has brought you no security, crazy stuff, wild times anyway, Garrison.
Speaker 2: One of the core pieces of quote unquote evidence that was used to assert that the shooting was some kind of false flag or psyop was a comment made by Press Secretary Carolyn Levitt shortly before the dinner. This speech tonight will be classic Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump.
Speaker 1: It'll be funny, it'll be entertaining, there will be some shots fired tonight. The great stuff.
Speaker 2: Poor choice of words. They are on behalf of the Press secretary.
Speaker 1: Excellent choice of words.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Also, though, like it's not a Dann Brown level. When people are actually plotting conspiracy, they they go around leaving the little easter eggs for you to find.
Speaker 2: Of course, Yeah, why why else would there why else would the deep State orchestrate like a top a top level secret secret syop and not not decide to leave little clues beforehand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got they have to leave little clues, Garrison. Have you listen to Alex Jones. That's part of the deal they make with the demons is that they have to They have to leave little clues for the evil that they're doing while they're doing it.
Speaker 2: They call that the Riddler's law.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, that's right now.
Speaker 2: Another thing that got amplified in the conspiratorial milieu was a Twitter account with a Pepe profile picture wearing the same outfit as President Trump the night of the Dinner, who tweeted the alleged shooter's name about two and a half years ago. This post is the account's only visible post. The banner image of the account is a bunch of streaks of color, but if you overlay the image of Trump holding his fist up in the air at Butler, the color streaks and the darkened areas line up with the Trump Butler photo.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The alleged shooter also had an undergraduate research fellowship at NASA for the summer of twenty to fourteen, and the name of this Twitter account matches the name of someone at lockeed Martin who published a NASA paper at the same time that the shooter was at NASA, and the shooter worked for the Jet Propulsion Lab, the same labs that those scientists who have gone missing also have been working out of. When I saw this, I started feeling a little bit scared because I thought I was getting I don't know, I was afraid.
Speaker 3: Needing help.
Speaker 2: But this is. But that's not all because the Pepe the Pepe Twitter account was also connected to a time travel study, because the color streak banner photo was traced to a website on how to build a time machine, and this photo was used on the web page for the time machine study. So what's what's what's really going on here? First of all, this this quote unquote time machine website is actually a europe based project for quote three D digitalization of cultural heritage, scanning like artifacts and uploading them online as like three D models. That's their quote unquote time machine is preserving cultural heritage. Yes, an archive and actually this color streak image has actually been floating around the Internet for a long time. I found versions since at least twenty eighteen. There are hundreds of people named Cole Allen in the US on data broker sites. Right now, the first archive of this Pepe Twitter account, whose profile picture only matches Trump's because it's a tuxedo, one of the most common outfits for men at events like this.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is the same outfit that Trump was wearing at the dinner. It's also the same outfit Trumps worn at every dinner, because it's what you wear at dinners if you're the President Texieda.
Speaker 2: But the first archive of this post is from after the shooting, so we don't know what this account looked like prior to the shooting. Now, this account could have tweeted tons of random names and then deleted all the other posts to pull a stunt like this, or people at Twitter, like you know, x everything up. The people who work there could have backdated the account and the post to boost engagement on the platform. Now, those aren't any more likely than just a simple coincidence, but there are other explanations other than gesturing vaguely towards a pre planned psyop. Spreading images of this a Twitter account isn't necessarily putting forward a specific conspiracy theory. It just gets used as a data point among other unconnected data points to sow public mistrust and undermine reality inferring meaning from odd coincidences. Right, this is seeing patterns that aren't there and literally in the case of seeing the Butler photo in a splash of colors, and again, like why would quote unquote they drop hints beforehand, right, is this is this predictive programming. But predictive programming isn't really necessary to get the public to accept an event like an attenpted assassination. In fact, that would only sew suspicion. Dropping these little hints just so suspicion for an event like this, It doesn't actually make it more acceptable.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The whole idea of predictive programming is sowing seeds to get the public to accept an otherwise unacceptable thing, and that's not necessary for a presidential assassination.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, there are some other things that propped up in this conspiratorial shenanigans. In the wake of the shooting. A Fox News reporter was calling in to report her experience at the dinner and suddenly cut out when she started talking about something that Carolyn Levitt's husband said to her.
Speaker 5: He kind of leaned over and said, you know, I watched your on TV. DoD a great job. You need to be very safe. And he was just very serious when he said that to me, and he kind of looked around the room and he said, you know, there are.
Speaker 6: Some sounds like we lost to Aisha's phone there.
Speaker 2: Well, well, well, what so her audio actually cuts out at different points during this televised call. The anchor said that she was having sell service issues, and later on x this reporter posted that she was about to say at Carolyn Levitt's husband was quote telling me to be careful with my own safety because the world is crazy unquote. But it does make for a funny moment, a funny moment of telet.
Speaker 1: That's a good moment. That's an incredible time for your call to cut out, Like just awesome stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's other other viral posts spreading video of the military storming past the red carpet or people in military fatigue storming past the red carpet after the shooting, with one person writing quote, law enforcement doesn't act like this. Neither does the military. This is a staged event with a shitty script and pre positioned cameras unquote. The cameras are there because they're there to film the red carpet. Their physician.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this is an organization where all the press gathered.
Speaker 2: This is a press event. That's why there's pre positioned cameras.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's how you do you know, the White House correspondence dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh so you're going to see some types of corps you have never previously scene when someone tries to assassinate the president. Oh yeah, there are a whole lot of people whose job it is to stop that happening. Lots of them on necessarily uniformed officers who you see every day in the Secret Service.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Other people also thought it was odd that Trump has skipped every correspondent to dinner across his two terms except for this one. And then all of a sudden there's a shooter in the lobby. How did the shooter know that Trump would go to this one? Because the shooter planned planned this since early April. How would the shooter know this? Well, that's actually quite simple, because Trump announced he was attending this dinner in early March, and according to Core documents, Cole Allen started searching for information about this dinner in early April, a month later, before then booking two nights at the Washington Hilton, Trump already announced that he was going to be attending the dinner. The oddest aspect of the conspiracism post this event is that Trump needed to stay each this not for any national security reasons or to seize more power, but to construct the White House ballroom, which has been the main thing that people on the right have been talking about after the shooting. The people on the right have not been using this shooting to like go after liberal terrorists, but have been talking NonStop about how this security breach demonstrates the need to construct Trump's massive ballroom, and that's the main thing they're talking about.
Speaker 1: It's so funny the idea that.
Speaker 2: They would stage that the deep state it's gonna stage a false flag just to push for the ballroom. Yeah, is to me, frankly, very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We don't get an enabling Act in our new fascists, We just get a fucking ballroom. Yeah yeah, right, Like, okay, I mean I guess I prefer this, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Reichs tick fire to construct a nice dance floor.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, just yeah. I mean a lot of this was like centered on the safety insecurity exemption which was provided in the injunction against the building of the new ballroom.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: The issue here is that the Trump administration already filed on the third of April a claim that the entire building was a contiguous hole. They couldn't do the security part without doing the fancy dance floor part right, Like, yes, Trump has also truced about this. Previous to this event, this wouldn't have really added anything. Yeah, they did try and get the National Trust for Historical Preservation to withdraw their court case, which they didn't against subsequently to this, the events of the White House correspondence.
Speaker 2: You So, yeah, that's most of what I have on the conspiracy stuff. There's certainly more, but.
Speaker 3: Oh does more. Yeah, we're going to leave it.
Speaker 2: There's always going to be more, right, Like, that's that's the way how it is. We all have good data on like the widespread belief of this theory that there was. There was a poll that circulated that said like something like forty seven percent of Democrats thought the attempted assassination was staged. But this poll, which is from the Manhattan Institute, so take that with a grain of fascism. This poll is actually pulling the Butler shooting, not this recent one, and people did not acknowledge that when they were spreading this poll around. So we don't know how many people actually believe that this shooting was staged, but you can certainly see a lot of people asserting as such on the internet. Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Shall we move on to a couple of other topics we need to cover.
Speaker 2: Yes, this will be a super super sized episode, but it is what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go talking to people talking about things of the internet. I think some people got this one get a little carried away. As three zero decision of a panel of Second Circuit Court judges has rejected ICE's mandatory detention of people seeking to deport, with a few exceptions. The opinion was written by Judge Bianco, who is a Trump appointee, stated that quote, petitioner entered the United States and lawfully in two thousand and four or two thousand and five, and has resided here ever since. He is therefore deemed to be an applicant for admission by section one two to five A, that he is not quote seeking admission because he is not requesting lawful entry into the United States after inspection authorization. The government's attempt to muddy these textually clear waters defies the statute's contact structure, history, and purpose, contradicts of Supreme Court dicta in Jennings, and long standing executive branch practice, and its interpretation of statute raises serious constitutional questions. It should be avoided even if the statutory language were ambiguous. The statute in question here is the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of nineteen ninety six, and specifically the fact that it has a mandatory detainer for people quote unquote seeking admission to the USA. Now, this ruling puts the Second Circuit in agreement with over three hundred and seventy judges across the nation, but notably odds with the Fifth and Eighth Circuit. Right, Judge Bianco, in a really incredibly New York and analogy here for seeking admission wrote, if someone sneaks into Yankee Stadium at the start of the game with no ticket for admission and no intention of ever paying, and he is later found by security in a seat in the seventh inning, no one would consider that to be seeking admission to the game. So hopefully that's that explained to people that the argument that the government is making here is that someone who has been in the country for a long period of time is still seeking admission.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: The Trump administrations place itself for odds with other administrations. Right, this has been lost since nineteen ninety six, as Bianco wrote, quote for five presidential administrations over nearly three decades, it did consistently release detainees on bond, whom the government now argues are covered by section one two two five B two A. Even in President Trump's first term and the first few months of his second, the agency adhered to the decades old understanding and the relative scopes of sections one two two five and one two two six. And these circumstances, the fact that no president has ever found such power in the statute is strong evidence that it does not exist. That pretty much explains itself, right. What I have not been able to work out is whether this pertains to people who are detained, as in who are arrested in the Second Circuit, or people who are held in the Second circuit or both. My guess would be both, because it is the law in the second circuit, right, so it applies in the second circuit. Certainly, most attention facilities are not in the Second circuit. A lot of them are in the Fifth, which has come down the opposite way on this. This is why the Supreme Court exists, right, big disagreement between these several circuit courts. Here, moving on to talk about the border wall. Before leaving office, Secretary no massigned several waivers for border walk struction. This was not in a week before she left office, but this year one of them waived twenty eight laws in the Big Bend area of Texas. The waiver included a one hundred and seventy five miles of the riverfront of the Rio Grande, including parts of the state park, National Park, and federally protected river. These some of these areas are very popular for outdoor recreation. These waivers are now being challenged in court by the Center for Biological Diversity. They're attitudes on you'll see them in a lot of border legal cases. The Friends of Roridosa Church and a telling were river guide named Billy Miller. It's an interesting coalition, right that we don't often see, like a church group has the sort of approach to this that it would destroy historical and cultural heritage to build the wall there. Obviously, the river guy, Billy Miller, Mister Miller has the claim that it would be disruptive to have business and to people's enjoyment of nature on the river. Currently, what they are doing is focusing on Chispa Road. It's Neil like Valentine, Texas, northwest of Marfa, where the carrying Garrett road improvements that they did not notify county officials about, which is obviously course to disruption. I've actually ridden my bike out there a fair bit. Did some work making a film out there a few years ago. It's a really beautiful part of the country. I'm sure a lot of people will be familiar with Marfa, which is nearby.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a great city, great.
Speaker 3: Muffa's great. I love that area of Texas.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I watched it all burn down one beautiful beautiful when the horrible fires started. Yeah, it was wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I bet geez. Luckily Marfa has recovered.
Speaker 1: Great place to visit.
Speaker 3: You can go and see the Prata Store, which people now think is AI generated, which is great. Our reality is cool.
Speaker 1: You can go see the Jud Foundations or the Chinnati Foundation, the Donald jud Museum. You know a lot of other good stuff Alan Marfa pretty good geez sandwich restaurant.
Speaker 3: Pretty fancy glamping set up there as well. Ye. So I checked out the CBP smart All Interactive map, which sometimes they don't always have to give notice when they're changing their plans, or sometimes you find out via the smart All Interactive map. Right now, it shows vehicle barriers and patrol road planned inside the National Park. Right, so this will cause damage far far beyond the riverfront. Evidently, to build barriers at the riverfront, they have to build roads to get to a riverfront, which will also spread this damage over an area that like, especially in Texas. Texas is not a state which is abundant with public land now. It is not like those states further west in that regard. And I know this is an area which is very special to a great deal of people. I'm really interested in rang more about this, So, like especially people in the outdoor industry or folks in that region, I'd love to hear from you. You can do cool Zone Tips at proton top me if you want to talk about that. Do you want to do there?
Speaker 2: We reported, We reported the news.
Speaker 3: All of it. Yeah again. Cool Zone Tips at proton dot me for story tips for your marketing emails. You just go ahead and flash those We.
Speaker 1: Reported the news.
Speaker 2: It could happen.
Speaker 4: Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources where it could happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.