Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some stocks on the move. Bloomberg News crossused reporter Janiza Sokova. She is in the house, and you got to start with Nvidia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want to talk about reversals of fortunes, we have to start with Nvidia. The rally and Nvidia shares faded. Now it's not about two percent, but it felt as much as three percent initially after we got their earnings. The story climb, the stock climb more than five percent. There were all those worries about AI spending, and it seems like this morning everyone was over it. But clearly we're back and investors are worried about AI spending. And Video had a very strong report. Of course, the sales were about sixty five billion in the January quarter, three billion more than analysts were predicting. Everyone was excited. Justin Huang addressed the A bubble and said, this is something different. This is not what we're seeing from our advantage, but the fear is strong. Investors have expressed concern about the structure of all those mega deals, and there is five announcements a week. We're getting it, especially when it comes to Nvidia. There are investments in startups such as open Ai and Tropic, and the issue is whether the packs are creating artificial demand for computers, and investors are worried. In Vidia currently is not projecting any sales from AIX relators in China, so China has been one part of the report that is wearing investors. But yesterday it was enough to ignore. Today we're penalizing that.
Speaker 4: It's such an interesting moment because for a big part of the morning until about ten o'clock, the stock was surging. There was a rally happening, but then the real shift happened starting at ten, and we've seen the stock move lower since then. Yeah, for sure, it's no clear catalyst.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people are also worried about rape cuts sold the jobs report. It was a strong jobs report. Grea see effect that's split, So that's definitely weighing as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, these risk your assets right in a higher rate environment, you know, you look at these valuations differently. Hey, I do want to point out that Nvidia is off about almost twelve percent since October twenty ninth, so technically we've seen a correction in this name, and I was just curious to see. I like doing the technical it's looking up RSI Relative Strength Index, and that stock not yet moving towards maybe an over sold but not really quite not. It's kind of in the middle between the red and green lines, red being overbought, green being over sold. So it's not quite there. And that's that valuation story.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Let's get to one that is definitely an outperformer in today's trade, and it's not high tech.
Speaker 3: It's not high tech. Yes, we have one sock that's definitely in the green today. Walmart shares rules as much as seven percent. The world's biggest retailer raised it's full year sales and profit outlook. The ticker, of course, is that WAMT. We're talking about Walmart, which sees net sales rising about five percent higher than previous projected and this is the second time they increase my proodcast. Obviously, everyone has been looking out for the consumers. We saw quite a few or wearing earnings report, but Walmart is not amongst them. Of course, they are saying that they're seeing pressure in lower incomes, but compared to some of their competitors, we're not seeing that many worrisome results. That said, middle and hire income shoppers aren't pulling back. We know Walmart has been targeting them. They have like channel bags and they have online their way. Do they have really they have pre owned Yeah, that was a big push to reach those have no idea you see.
Speaker 4: Does that change your view, Carol, I don't have a.
Speaker 1: View on Walmart. I just reported bags.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that's kind of interesting.
Speaker 4: They're going consumer, you're trying to bring it in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're big on Ecomarce as well. That has been doing very well and the stock is up nineteen percent. So no matter what position is on channel backs, they're doing well.
Speaker 1: But I am right now googling Walmart pre owned channel.
Speaker 4: Okay, well you do that.
Speaker 3: It's for work, research, for research.
Speaker 1: Can I just tell you Walmart about what eighteen percent years yew So it's been doing fairly well.
Speaker 4: Well, let's go another stock that's in the red today, and that would be Oracle. What's going on with the world, going.
Speaker 3: Back to the AI trade and the losers that a trade, and Oco is a very interesting name. It's down thirty five percent for its September high just today is now about five percent. The ticker, of course, is all Our cl and everyone has been looking at that name and not just the stock. Everyone has been looking at the company's CDs.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad.
Speaker 3: This is so fascinating. So traders have pouding into the company credit the fault swaps in recent months. So now we have about five billion of volume over the seven weeks that just ended this time. Last year it was two one hundred million, so it's twenty five times more. It's so interesting how this emerged as this barometer for AI credit helped. We have an excellent story on the terminal. But Morgan Selly is one of the companies who was actually worried about NETA. Just the depth of Oracle and they're projecting it doubling to about three hundred billion, and the hedge they recommended five year CDs on ORCO. So definitely this trade is circulating. Obviously, data on this is coming a little bit slow, but you can imagine that it's a good barometer of investor being really really worded. It's three times what it was just a couple of weeks back, so it's.
Speaker 2: Moving very fast. The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.