Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan, Part one Behind the scene with a member of the show.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody in Happy Saturday. Welcome to the Best Bits post CMA Awards and pre Thanksgiving. That's weird primetime right now, Babe, thing's going on. I know, it's really exciting. How are you feeling, Mike, Mike, if you didn't just hear his voice, he is joining me this weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm like, not quite ready for everything yet. It doesn't feel like holiday time to me.
Speaker 2: You know, every time you come on here, you're like, dang, the year's just flying by.
Speaker 3: It's just like I feel like it just gets earlier and earlier every year. Like I used to be really big into Black Friday, and now that's not really a thing anymore because Black Friday starts like a month ago.
Speaker 2: It's true, they started I think at the beginning of November for some stores now, and.
Speaker 3: It just feels like everything happens so early that once it's actually time for it, I'm not ready for it because it's already been happening for so long.
Speaker 2: This is true, So not ready for Thanksgiving now or Christmas. No.
Speaker 3: Also, it's a vegan Like what am I gonna eat Like, there's not really I don't really look forward to turkey all the food this is. So there's not a lot on that front for me to look forward to. Not going home for Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: So okay, well let's get into it. I mean we're like we kind of already are a little bit. That was our little intro. But if you do want to check out the part two or where there's like all the bits and catching up on the Bobby Bone Show, lots of CMA content. There's a hoodie controversy if you will. There's some flirty things that happened in some of the interviews. Lunchbox did our acceptance speech. Just a lot of good stuff over there. But let's talk about live right now. So you're not going home for the holidays.
Speaker 3: No, Thanksgiving is hard because it's a quick turnaround and everybody's going home. So travel is just insane. We've done it before. And also it's hard to split time between two families.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and such a short amount of time.
Speaker 3: The one time we did go home and we did both like a combo Thanksgiving where my family and my wife's family came together. That was fun, but that's hard to do. It's also you're gambling a little bit banking on the fact that both families were to get along, which was nice that time because everybody did get along, But it just seems like more times you'd do that, you run into the possible risk of people not getting along.
Speaker 2: So that was why it was maybe a one and done type.
Speaker 3: Of everything went well, We're good. It was fun, but it's just a lot to go back for Thanksgiving and then go back home again for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe it's something that you guys can do every couple of years versus you know, every single year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because last year we were like, we're not going to do that again, and we went to New York and went to the parade fun.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this?
Speaker 3: And I remember thinking, like, we just wanted to do something while we're still just us two don't have kids, and we want to go do something fun for ourselves. So we did that and that was awesome.
Speaker 2: Are you guys going to go on a trip this year?
Speaker 3: No, we're staying here because this is the first time we're staying here since like twenty twenty. I think yeah, because the Christmas, I mean the Thanksgiving before we went with our both of our face families who were in Costa Rica. So it was like we just want a normal Thanksgiving get home where we kind of try our own traditions.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, anything you think you're going to try this year for a new tradition.
Speaker 3: We are actually like ordering a bunch of sides that are already made, and then we're just focusing on like our main thing, and I think we'll probably just make what we eat each want to eat.
Speaker 2: Okay, A vegan Thanksgiving, yeah, and gluten free because this is your wife also, she's gluten free.
Speaker 3: So it's hard for us to find those to those foods because it's so specific and an you think of Thanksgiving food, it's all either meat or gluteness. That's sure, gluteness all the bread and everything.
Speaker 2: That's so true. Okay, Well, what else is going on besides the holidays? And that's coming around the corner. I am with you. My family's about to come into town this weekend when everybody's hearing this, and they'll be here for a week, which I'm really excited about. They always come to me for Thanksgiving because I can't ever get back into town and then I'm by myself.
Speaker 3: Do you like having everybody in the house or is it overwhelming to you?
Speaker 2: Oh? I love it. I love hosting people like I The thing that's overwhelming about it to me is that I love my house being clean and there's like chaos in my house for a week. But I always just remind myself, like it's once a year. It's so much fun having them all in town.
Speaker 3: For you, when you have your parents back in town, do you revert back to being a kid, Because sometimes when I have like even my older brother and sister back in town, it's almost like they forget that I'm an adult now and they still treat me the same way they treated me when I was like a kid, to where it feels like, hey, we're going to do this and they're saying that like they're the authority. I'm like, no, you're like in my house now, like I'm gonna do what I want. And this is kind of how I go Is that kind of how it is with your family, Like your parents go back to being like, all right, we're gonna do this, and You're like, no, you're in my house.
Speaker 2: You know, they do, at least in the sense of like I always have a list for my dad and I'm like, can you help me with these things because I need some help.
Speaker 3: Okay. That's also fun to do though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he loves it. He's like, make sure you have your list ready for me so I can get things done. But I that's where I like kind of revert as a kid. Otherwise they look to me. They're like, tell us all the new stuff we gotta go do, because.
Speaker 3: They so when it comes to doing things, you're still the one because they're here and you're like, Okay, we're gonna go do this, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And because they know I'm out doing stuff all the time and trying it, they don't know what's here and what's good that I've tried, versus like, oh, this isn't worth the time. So they do at least allow me in that capacity. But for sure, like the dynamic goes back to me being the youngest and I'm just like there and hanging out kind of thing. I get what you're talking about. So I am excited for that. And they're bringing my parents are bringing their three dogs, one of them being the dog that I had.
Speaker 3: Found and they adopted.
Speaker 2: That's cool, yeah, and I'm really excited to see her. I'm hoping she remembers me because I dropped them. I dropped her off with them in July when I went back for my sister's wedding. So it's been a couple months now, and either she's gonna want nothing to do with me or she's gonna freak out and I cannot wait to see it. So that'll be really exciting.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think you feel it more when you go home though, and you're under their roof and doing things like even like going out to run errands like I want to go drive myself, or you have to always go with them and be the passenger a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely more when I'm at their house.
Speaker 3: It feels weird to be like even now as the don't When I go back, we have to rent a car because I can't be at the mercy of like my parents or my wife's parents are like, no, I need to be able to get around and do what I need to do and do what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, hey, can can you take me here? Can I go here? Is this allowed? It is? It's funny because you're also like living there for because we go back and we get to spend some time for Christmas, and it's like I have to adjust and like try and put my routines back into like my old life in a way, you know what I mean, like where I want to do all these things. But like I'm at my parents' house again, and don't I feel like I'm five years old.
Speaker 3: You're like checking in, like I'll be back at nine thirty, Like why do I have to tell you what time are you back home?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It's like more the existence of like oh, dang, somebody's actually here and like wants to know what I'm doing versus me just going and be like, oh, you don't need to know. It's fine. Like I remember last year when I went home for Chris, I went on a date. I was like, this is gonna be weird. This is gonna be weird because I be weird. And it did because it was literally like I was about to leave and I had told them prior to us, like okay, I think I'm gonna go on a date, and then they had all these questions. I was like, no, no, no, that's how this starts. I'm just going like it's just a first date. We're just seeing what's happening. So there was it's more involvement in your life when you go back home, I feel like and as an adult, you're kind of like, Oh, that feels weird. I don't feel like the involvement needs to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, what other updates are going on besides the holidays? Oh, I need to know about run club. Did you go to run club? Did you make a friend? We need an update.
Speaker 3: I tried to go to run club and I did not make it to run club.
Speaker 2: Mike. This is like, what in the time frame since you've been here.
Speaker 3: A month and a half ago and now all the run clubs are kind of shutting down because it's getting colder, Mike, I've tried to make I have tried to make a friend on the trail because the weird thing is like I start to notice other people who run as much as I do, because around like the routes I run to just notice there's seeing people I've been seeing for a while now. And there's just one guy who I always run into and I know he's a long distance runner two because I'll see him like thirty to forty five minutes apart going on the trail, and I always like try to wave and say Hi to him, and he never says hi to me back. And the thing is like, I just want to compliment him because I've noticed the more and more times I've seen him, he's like gotten fitter and like healthier looking, and I can see like the work he's putting into it, And I'm like, man, could I just make like a casual friend, like just out in the wild like that. It's so hard to do.
Speaker 2: I mean, you totally can, but you're gonna have to be maybe a little bit more aggressive about it. Yeah, just this slight wave.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just hard to do. Like you're not gonna stop somebody. But I just feel like there's like this weird bond that you have with somebody else you see doing the same thing as you over and over again, and you like encounter each other, but you never really say anything to them. It feels like there's like almost like a misconnection there.
Speaker 2: There is you currently have a misconnection happening in your life. Maybe you have to go because you're so used to seeing him a little bit earlier to see if maybe you guys hit the trail at the same time.
Speaker 3: And then I started like following him home and then no, no, no, I'm like that i've been seeing you out running. Oh. The weird thing that happened to me running the other day is somebody was concerned for me and they told me like, hey, I've been like they literally yelled at me from the street saying, hey, I've been seeing you run and I think you run too much. And and I just found it weird that there's been a person like watching me. And it wasn't even what he said of like it was a dude. It was a guy, like an older guy in like a mini van, and he's like yelled at me, and I had my headphones on, but I'm always aware of my surroundings because I want to know, like hear cars here, people yelling at me. And he like yelled at me, like flagged me down to stop and said he'd been watching me. And he's like, I think you run too much. And he said I should look into the effects of like overrunning. And I don't buy into the thing like people telling me what to do, but it was just so weird that somebody had been watching like my route and knowing how much I run. And then I worry, like how, oh, like how long has he been watching me? And does he watch me go all the way home? Does he watch me go to my car? Like it just felt really weird and like violating. But it's like I'm out in public, you can see people, but it just felt so weird.
Speaker 2: Do you run kind of I'm assuming there's houses that you run by at different point.
Speaker 3: I mean I changed my route up all the time, so it's never the same spot because I don't want to get bored. But now I have to think about, like, here are people watching me this entire time?
Speaker 2: Is it possible that like he lives near one of the particular trails where like it's a spot you always kind of hit, even though if you take different routes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's close to Yeah, I would say the part he saw me at is usually the basis of where I start or at least go through at some point. But it's really weird for him to see me repeatedly because I run it all different times. Sometimes it's early on the weekend, sometimes it's later because of work. It's just really weird, and it's.
Speaker 2: So weird that he just felt this is a stranger, Like it's weird that he felt so inclined to stop what he was doing. And stop you from what you were doing and say, hey, this is how I think you should stop doing something, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you have no idea about anything about me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like what the audacity? Honestly, Oh my gosh, my god, I'm sorry that happened. That's scary.
Speaker 3: It's weird. And it's somebody who like just struggle I've struggled with like working out and like thinking, am I doing too much? Am I doing too little?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And it's just like to have this other layer of like, am I really like I don't know. It just felt really weird.
Speaker 2: No, I mean because Mike, at the end of the day, you know you and your body better than anybody else, right, And sure some people over indulge and less adult whatever. There's always gonna be this balance, especially when you're trying to understand what you want to do, but you feel good. You don't feel like if you're overdoing something. Your body will tell you that, right, you will feel that in your bones. Your body loves to tell you what's going on. So unless you feel that way, you're not doing anything wrong, you know what I mean? And I know that's hard because somebody literally when somebody out of the blue, comes at you and says, this is observes you so much to the point of saying this is what you're doing wrong, which is an entirely wrong thing in my mind. But does that I can see where it would plant the seed in your brain to then justify the things that you've already felt, you know what I mean. Yeah, but you're not Mike. You're healthy, you're doing great things for your body, You're moving the way that you should be. And maybe this guy is jealous because he can't run, you know what I mean? Like, maybe he tells because he can't go running and he doesn't like running long distances, and he wants you to live the life. If there's something I have learned about people who criticize openly and without the full history or knowledge of something, is that they want you to live your life the way they live theirs. So all he was doing was projecting what he thinks and what he wants other people to live, like based on his own life. So he's driving a minivan. You know, do you want to be driving a minivan instead of running on a Saturday morning and joining your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just took me a while to shake that, Like I literally thought about it for like two to three weeks. I just would come back to those comments of like just questioning everything for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm really sorry that that's not fair. It shouldn't have happened, you know what I mean, Like, at the end of the day, it just shouldn't have happened. And nobody should feel so obligated to tell a stranger such an unsolicited, unwarranted opinion. You're gonna make me go on a tangent. People make me so mad sometimes.
Speaker 3: Of the unsolicited of advice and opinion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like that's so and it was so unwarranted in so many ways and all so creepy that he's been watching you. Yeah, I think maybe he's obsessed with you.
Speaker 3: The creepy factor is more what I was concerned with, of just the idea of somebody watching me, because I think when you're out in public, as much as we think that everything we do people are paying attention to, it's all inside our minds. But that was just the one moment I had of like, oh, there are actually people like paying attention to things. And then I also have this whole other theory of like NPCs and like am I living in some weird simulation, Like I know Bobby goes on that tangent, but there are just some people I see so repeatedly and I have no interactions with them. It just feels weird to me. Like people at the gym, people out in public, at the grocery store, I see them repeatedly. I'm like, is there like just a limited amount of people that I encounter or is it just a coincidence that I'm I'm also at the same places at the same time as these people in all these weird situations.
Speaker 2: No. I think that's an interesting perspective too, write because you'll run into other people for the first time ever, and you're like, we have the same circles, We've had all these same scenarios. How have we never met each other? And then you're like, I see this other person fifty times a week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why?
Speaker 3: And I'll even like change up my routines and I'll encounter the same people and I'm like, how how am I still running into you if I'm not doing this thing at the normal time that I'm doing it at. But then I like look back on it, like, well, I'm also here at different times, so maybe they're thinking the same thing about me.
Speaker 2: It's possible you guys are both the NBCs to each other.
Speaker 3: Are there just NPCs in our life just all the time?
Speaker 2: I think that's possible. I mean, I'm never going to say nothing is not an option. But I also think people who are super self aware is very uncommon right to be aware of your surrounding.
Speaker 3: So much of the time, I'm like hyper aware of surroundings.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people aren't, you know, Like I see and experience everything that happens to me, and there's a lot of people that don't. They'll be like this, like all the crazy things that happened to me, Right, I have weird stories to share all the time, and I think so much of it is related to that. I'm just paying attention a lot. Like I'm so much like you, hyper aware of what's happening around me anytime I go out in public spaces, so I can't not notice things. And I think there's a lot of people that just go out exist and do and they're in their bubble, and there's nothing wrong with that. But when you're in your bubble, you're not seeing everything that's happening around you.
Speaker 3: I wish I had just like a level of that inside of me, yea of like not being able to care about my surroundings, even like sometimes in public where you encounter people who aren't really trying to be rude, but they're just like not there's just nothing going on to where they're aware of people around them or they're surroundings or even that they're doing anything wrong. I was like, I wish I just had an ounce of that in me, because I'm out in public thinking like I don't want to inconvenience this person, I'm taking too long to do this, I'm holding everybody up in this line, and there are people who are.
Speaker 2: Just like lady DADDI dad cool and like I just wish.
Speaker 3: I had that inside of me.
Speaker 2: I know, but it also makes you a better person that you don't Mike. You know, you are self aware and you are considerate of other people around you, and I think when you are in that bubble, it takes you're in a situation of lack of consideration for a lot of other people around you. So it makes you a good person. Okay, so keeping a good person. I'm sorry you got grouped out, and hopefully this guy leaves you alone. Yeah, also Greevy that he was in a minivan and this happened because those are the kind of those are the vans that they take you away in, you know. So please be careful. Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back, all right, Mike, Let's talk CMA Awards. We both went to the show. Experiences, stories, behind the scenes. That's what the people want to hear, is what I kept being told when I put in the question, so give me, give me your story of CUMA night and any other things that happened that week.
Speaker 3: I will have to say. Going into it, I also had a struggle with what I was going to wear, and I wanted to wear something that had a little bit of me in it because it is a very formal event where suit and tie is kind of the norm, and I wanted just to wear something that showed like my personality. And I tried to and the more and more I tried out different things, I'm like, it's just isn't working. It's not gonna fit because it is such a formal event where unless you're like a nominated artist at the award show, if you wear something a little out of pocket, it's gonna look a little weird. So I tried out probably four to five different things going into it, and I was like, you know what, I'm just going back to the original suit I had and not trying anything else out because it just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 2: Well, were these other options that you were looking at?
Speaker 3: I was trying, like at first, I tried like this look whereas like a leather jacket still like a like a shirt and a tie underneath it, and like different pants and weren't like traditional like dress pants, more like kind of like vintage, my old like punk rock pants. Okay, and it just doesn't feel right. It doesn't look right. I tried to go more casual with like no suit and tie, and nothing just really felt like it was CMME worthy to the point where like, if I wear this, it's gonna feel like I'm just going to the mall or something. So I was like, I just got to kind of commit to it, and I went with the suit.
Speaker 2: Well, I do think you have some super nice dress pants, Like we've talked about it a few times, where you're changing up your style and doing things. If I'm thinking of the type of pant correctly, they're kind of more like Linen old school based.
Speaker 3: Is that? Yeah, that's what vibe going for. Like, I'm really inspired by Tyler the creator right now, who is like my as of right now, like my fashion just icon, and if I had like the money to spend like he does, like that is how I would address So I was kind of going I kind of channeled that a little bit. I went shopping and tried to find some things, but I felt like everything I found was a little bit too casual still, and it was like this is cool, but probably not a ward SHOWE cool.
Speaker 2: Well, at least you were having that conversation in your head versus lunchbox. He just went with it. You could have just sent it.
Speaker 3: I guess like he did probably two outfits away from coming to something like similar that he decided to come with.
Speaker 2: But I think your reaction would have been differently because if we all asked, you've been like, guys, it was really hard, Like I kept going through outfits and it was just a whole situation.
Speaker 3: I was like five minutes before we had to leave, I was still like switching out different things because I I wasn't set on it, and it wasn't until like five minutes. I was like, I just got to put the suit on and get out of here because I was overthinking it.
Speaker 2: That's fair, okay, So that's why you ended up meeting us there? Yeah, okay, because so we some of us all met at the like our whole plane was all of us to meet at the thing. But that's a that's okay, Like you still got it and you still looked really great that night.
Speaker 3: If I'm being completely honest. At one point I was like, I don't think I want to go, and it was like I feel pressure to go to those things because I don't think pressure is the word. I feel like I don't belong there, and I feel that I get overwhelmed like so much inside my head. And I was like I would just be better off knowing not going. I don't think many people would miss me not being there. I even like told my wife like I don't know if I really want to go, and she's like, you gotta let me know right now because I'm bad to get ready. It's an hour and a half process, let me know. And then I took some time. I was like, Okay, I'm good, we can go. I can get my work done. I just got to figure out what I'm gonna wear.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad you ended up because we would have missed you and we would have been bummed that you weren't there. Like it was a bummer that Bobby wasn't feeling good and he couldn't come, you know what I mean, Like it's a it was a whole team outing. So I'm glad that you got yourself in a place where you felt good enough to come. So I'm proud of you. Like that took something, you know, to get yourself together and do that. And I've also been there. There's times where I have put on eighty million out of its and it's literally the Grinch moment where I'm like, that's it. I'm not going yeah, you know what I mean, because you're just like you're tired of it and getting around and like having this perspective on when you're going out and you're like, I have to look a certain way and feel a certain way to be doing this, when sometimes you just have to show up in the world as you are. And that's what you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that sort of comes down to you said of like how you feel you need to look, and I felt the way I needed to look. I wasn't going to look at a picture of me dressed that way and be happy the way I look. I'm like that, it just doesn't feel like me, Like a certain tie is just not me. Yeah, but I realize that, like having this job, having to do professional things, you just have to kind of buy into that and do that, and you got to get more comfortable with that. So the only thing I kind of held on to is like, I'm not gonna wear fancy dress shoes. I'm gonna wear my Doc Bartins. And that was like the one preasure me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you still have it and you'll find it as you You've only been kind of really changing up your style the last few years, and I feel like it's something that takes a lot of time, many years to really cultivate and understand, Okay, this looks good on me. I like this. You have to find your things and that takes time and patience. That also, we don't really have a lot of you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's a balance of finding things that you feel good in and also look good in. Because there are certain things that my wife tells me that I look good in, but I don't feel good in and if I don't feel comfortable in it, I think my energy is just off that I'm going to feel like I feel very stiff. I don't feel like me. I don't want to take pictures because I don't like the way that I look. So I think it's having to find that medium of like I feel comfortable in this and I also look good in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you will. You will find it. You know. You can't find it last minute on a random Wednesday where you have to go to an event, but you will find it. I'm proud of you for an end up going. Are you glad that you ended up going?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Once I was like, once I was there, we got out of you, where we got in the building, everything else just didn't matter. And that's also kind of how I feel sometimes about deciding what, Like all these things that you build up in your head, by the time you actually get to it, it doesn't really matter, Like nobody's really looking at you, and like comparing things, you're thinking about it too much, you're overthinking it. By the time you're just there and in it, it's just like you don't even think about it.
Speaker 2: No, it's true, and I would have never known that you had that whole experience until you just told me, Like you you played it off super well. At least the night. You seems like you were happy to be there.
Speaker 3: You were you shall post you Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Were having a good time. So you played it off well. And I think you ended up leaving at some point early. It was a commercial break, so I didn't know if you guys went and hung out in the back for a while or if you ended up leaving when we.
Speaker 3: Were going to the bathroom, and then we weren't done in time to get back in, and they're like, you know what, we saw everybody we wanted to see, wanted to see post Malone, just wanted to see Shaboozie, want to see Kelsey Ballerini, Luke Combs, and after that were like, you know what, I think we're good.
Speaker 2: You did miss Post Malone come out by himself.
Speaker 3: I watch it on TV. I was like, ah, crap, I missed that one.
Speaker 2: Well hard to say that, Like nobody knew it was coming that he was going to perform twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did. I didn't know that either. I was like, oh, we started at the beginning, Crap I missed one. And then we wanted to have seen George straight. But it was fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that was definitely towards the later end of the evening, you know, Mike d I. I don't know if you could have noticed, but Thursday, when I came into work, I was struggling, you.
Speaker 3: Stay how late did you stay up?
Speaker 2: Mike? I'm pulled an all nighter. So I didn't sleep. Didn't sleep it I didn't. It's like, wow, it was. It was not good. I was not well. I was not I was there was nothing happening in my brain. The lights were not on that morning. I went to so I stayed for the whole award show, and then there was a CMA after party. Went to the CMA after party, ended up having way too much fun, and I was like first I was like, oh no, I'll stay for a little bit. I have stuff to do whatever. So then I'm like, Okay, I'm actually having fun. I'm getting like a little bit more drunk because the night goes home because I've had several free drinks at this point and we're having a good time. And then it comes like one am. I'm like I have to go home, Like I.
Speaker 3: Need to start leaving that massive like it to get to take me twenty minutes to get home. Yeah, and my wind down and go to sleep. I can get two hours of sleep.
Speaker 2: Literally, And I'm having this whole process. And my friend Julia, who was with me, she looked at me, she goes, you got me out because she didn't go to the award show. She just came out and met me for the after party. And she was like, you got me out at ten pm on a Wednesday, and you're about to go home right now. And I said, I've been awake since three am, Like I'm literally at the point where I'm about to pull an all nighter without intentionally doing it. And she goes, it's one night, like, just come out and you can go home after you can go have another drink and then you know, get still get some sleep. And I was like, fine, I'll go to the bar for one drink. And we went to the local bar that everybody goes to that like in the industry. So of course when we show up is a giant second after party at the bar and I'm just having the best time ever. And the bar normally closes at two am. It did not. The bar did not even close because the bar was having a good time, I guess, and so we stayed out at the bar until like close to three am. And then when I got home, I was like, well, if I go to sleep now, I'm gonna get about ten minutes and it's probably gonna be worse. So I and I forgot. I didn't cook my I didn't cook my Thanksgiving. We had a hot lu like the next day, so I cooked my Thanksgiving fox look side dish at three o'clock in the morning and I got that made. I also had some friends had come back to the house with me, so we played Mario Kart and I just played my old card and kept myself a wink and told us start to come into work. So that was my CNA Awards night.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Like, I think you look back on life and that's what you're gonna remember. You're not gonna remember the nights you got eight nine hours of sleep. You remember the nights you went out and actually did something. So I envy you for that.
Speaker 2: Well you know you say that, and I agree with you. That will be. But I'm telling you Thursday, I was like, I regret every decision I made. I am so like, you know, when you used to sit in school class and you'd be like your head was like nodding off.
Speaker 3: I was doing that.
Speaker 2: I was like, somebody's totally gonna catch me doing this because I am not well, like I need it. I am a easter leepy girl. I need sleep more than the average eman me. So staying up all night was rough. And then I also had forgotten tortilla chips for my dip, so then I had to go down to the Whole Foods and yeah, it was a whole thing. I forgot my wallet and like, it's it's been you know when you also it's just been that week where like when it rans it poors, like my dog got sick of course on CMA day, so it's just it was this whole day where finally when Thursday came, it was like, oh, okay, you were going to feel the repercussions of every single one of your actions right now. So it was so much fun up until about Thursday at seven am, and my body was she was done.
Speaker 3: I mean I haven't done that probably since college. Yeah, I was. Whenever I was interning for the show back in Austin, I was also playing in a band, so we would go play shows and wouldn't be done till like two am, and I had to go in at five am. So there were nights like that where I would just stay up, I maybe sleep an hour and then just go straight to work. But I feel like now as an adult, I don't know if I have it and me did not sleep. See, because I used to be able to do the stay up for twenty four hours and then I would recover like after a day. I don't know that that would happen now.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm telling you right now it doesn't. Your body as an adult was like, no, you need actual sleep and normal food to function. So when you spent the entire day doing nothing but drinking alcohol and eating bad foods and then proceeding not to have any sleep in your body, yeah, I'm shutting down. You're done, Like you have to tap out at this point.
Speaker 3: Because the thing I struggle with now is whenever concerts come to town here and they're on a weeknight or they're on a Sunday, and it's like I could maybe do that for one night, get home late, sleep a little bit, and then be fine that day. It's that day after that's gonna get me because you're almost like hyper alert the first day after because you know that you went out and you can't show any signs of weekness, and you're like, Okay, I'm gonna baverager this day. It's that next day when you're exhausted that it's like, oh, I should have done that two days ago. It is.
Speaker 2: And the hangover, man, if you drink out all like the hangover as you've gotten older, will hit for like five days. Like I'm still dealing with the repercussions of my actions, and I have slept multiple like I shrip went into hibernation. I went to sleep last night on a Friday night, I like literally five pm. I said, I'm done. I don't care what the world needs for me was about to happen, whoever's gonna blowp my phone. I'm going to bed, and I'm just gonna sleep forever. So that was my CMA Awards.
Speaker 3: That's great. I just love that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're proud of me. But like I said, we'll see, you know, check in with me next week and see if it's still worth it, because you.
Speaker 3: Had the complete opposite experience of me. Like I left early, I was home, I went to sleep almost at my normal time. Yep.
Speaker 2: But you know the Morgan me right now is really jealous of that. The Morgan that night now she was having a great time. Different versions that exist. All right, we're gonna take one more quick break. We'll be right back speaking of all the CMA stories and interactions. So, of course, that night you run into just a whole bunch of people that you've met whatever. How do you handle the situation when somebody comes up to you, You know them, you recognize them, like, yes, I know who you are. We've had multiple interactions, but you cannot remember their name.
Speaker 3: I just I don't go for the name. I don't say anybody's name. I don't say your name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But what happens when like there's multiple of these where I keep seeing them and I'm like, dang, I need to figure out your name somehow. If I keep running into you and.
Speaker 3: I don't know how, I guess it doesn't bother me that much because everybody's bad with names. I know what people say, like I'm bad with names. I think everybody is bad with names. But I never address anybody by their names. I've just eliminated that altogether. That I don't feel bad if I don't remember people's names. Yeah, and maybe that's fad of me. Maybe that says something about me. But I don't address anybody by their name, and I don't feel awkward about it.
Speaker 2: Well, and I don't in those same it's like, oh my gosh, so good to see you. But it makes it I don't know, it does make me feel bad where I'm like you, like I had this. I had these sweet people who would come up and talk about my podcast and stuff, and I'm like, dang, you're so awesome. Why can't I remember your name? And I would get so mad because it's just you meet people in passing so often.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's hard for you to like actually be able to correlate, like unless you've had a genuine, like moment experience hangout. That's when I can remember somebody's name. But if I meet you multiple times in passing, I'm gonna forget your name.
Speaker 3: I think it's because I experienced so much of it. On the other side of like doing this show, doing the Bobby Cast, where we book a lot of guests and we have artists over, I don't expect them to remember me, and I would feel weird to put them in a position of like we've met, Like, I just don't expect people to remember me. In turn, I also sometimes won't remember people if I met him for two minutes randomly. It's hard to do, so I don't expect it back in the same way. I know how hard it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and maybe that's how most of us are in this industry. Well, like we know each other. It's fine, don't worry about it. I do like Bobby's trick. I stole that of the good to see you. Yeah, I do that too, Yeah, like that. As soon as he said that, I was like, I'm doing that. I'm stealing that forever because I need it.
Speaker 3: I guess to me, it's not so much I worry when I don't remember somebody's name. It's whether I've met them or not. Where I interacting with this person. Something in my head is going like have this person and I can't really quite pinpoint it, and I don't want to talk to them in a way that it's me meeting them for the first time if I have had an interaction with them before, because I would feel bad in that scenario, Like if I met somebody and I'm like saying things that like why are you saying this thing we've met before? That would That's where I where it gets me a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know what that happened to me once this week where they were so like so confident we had met before, like familiar with each other, and I was like, God, I really don't think we've met before, like I was, you know, when you were like following the cabinet like or what's all in here? Like let me pull out memories?
Speaker 3: I think because sometimes people approach you in a way that they it feels like they've met you before. Yeah, and you can't tell if they have or not, or that's just their personality.
Speaker 2: That's true, and this person definitely had that personality. So that's why I was sitting there on contemplating everything. I was like, dang it, if we've met, I don't remember it. Oh. So yeah, that was one of my situations this week. So if anybody has any pro tips to either remembering names or recollecting names, give them to me. I might need to go see the brain doctor. Though. Also my brain, my brain is fried.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think me too. I feel like my brain just drops like packets of information sometimes and it's like a lost file where I'm like doing something and like that file is just missing and it's not connecting or a.
Speaker 2: Little corrupted where you get like a version of it.
Speaker 3: You're like, that doesn't feel like sure, that's not loading.
Speaker 2: Maybe we all do, but I think you and I particularly, we've talked about this a lot, where you and I are managing multiple different things, and I think that fries our brain. It definitely does, you know, like because it's overstimulated.
Speaker 3: I think even this week on the show, things have come up and I've like hopped to something and like my brain just wasn't there. And if you're listening, like the listeners will call us out and it's not a normal conversation because it's not a normal situation like in that studio. It's not the same as me talking to somebody out in public. There's like this different level that your brain is on where a simple piece of information you could recall it anytime, doesn't work in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know how you can see this so planning clearly easy trivia. Yeah, Like genuinely, just in general, when we are doing things in that room, we're operating at a different It's like how Bobby talks about aliens on a different frequency right when we're in that studio, different frequency than a normal day to day Morgan frequency or Mike frequency.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you're doing like three magic tricks at once. You're like spinning plates, riding on a unicycle, and also trying to kick a soccer ball. Yes, doing all those things at the same time, and you're like, why can't you kick that soccer ball? Well, I'm also spinning these plates and doing and writing down this unicycle. That's why I can't kick the soccer ball.
Speaker 2: That's exactly why. And then people like why did you do it this way? Or why did you say that? I'm like, honestly, I don't know. I wish I could tell you.
Speaker 3: There's so many that I honestly don't know. Even like when I do my podcast, I'm going back and like editing it, I'm like, why did I even say that word that? That's not something I would ever say. That word makes no sense. Oh, I know I didn't mean to say that word, And I sound so confident saying get there. I don't know why you know.
Speaker 2: Another one that's always funny part like in this too is that Bobby will say, hey, like come up with this. It'll be something on the fly, and I'm like, okay, yeah, this works. But then like three hours later, I'm like, dang, I had a really good story that really would have gone there, and now we've already done it, so I can't go back to that. Like it just it just has to be not a story that ever gets shared. Those are the worst. Or I'm like, I wish I could my brain was because it's so like circuit fried. It just can't recollect things in that moment. There's some days where I come in and it is on, but there's other days I come in and it is mush.
Speaker 3: And then you think about it driving home You're like, ah, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the worst. That that calling back to all the previous files that are corrupted, destroyed everything. Also, I need your opinion. You like Christmas? Right, you like the holidays?
Speaker 3: I don't know what that iss?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, hold on, let me afraid this.
Speaker 3: People who love like you love ye. My wife loves Christmas.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I didn't really even like it until I was with my wife, and how much she loves it has rubbed off on me.
Speaker 2: That's that's where I was going with it because I want to say we talked about this last year, your experiences with Christmas and why, but also your wife has, like you know, brought you to the light side.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't say dark day because Christmas is very light, lots of lights. But I ask you this as someone who has both perspectives. I bought an inflatable Highland cow that since in my yard and that's a Christmas ad. But I got told by a lot of people that I was tacky.
Speaker 3: Isn't a tacky People think that those are the inflatable things are tacky. I think they're fun and awesome, right.
Speaker 2: I feel like it adds a different level of joy to the front yard.
Speaker 3: It's just fun. It's like an ornament for your yard. Why wouldn't you What makes a tacky?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you would be surprised, Mike. I got told multiple times I was so excited about this cow. Not only did I like see it one time and be like I kind of want that and then go back and get it. I literally was in so much doy that you would have thought as you watched me walk through Walmart with this that I was like a little kid that just got told I could buy my favorite toy.
Speaker 3: Isn't that a good feeling? It is like now as an adult, you go in and you're like, can I get this? You're like, wait, I'm an adult. I can't get this. There's nobody telling me I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have to get anybody's approval. I was checking my money. Have you had that moment recently with something where you like bought it and you're kicking, screaming, giggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Something I haven't really shared that I've gotten into recently is figure collecting, and I think there's like a community of adults that are reverting back to a time where they couldn't buy things when they were younger. So now as an adult you can. So like one time I went to Target and I found like this Iron Man figure that if I was a kid, I could have never afford. It was like twenty four bucks, and I had like this moment of like, I don't know if I can afford it, and I was like, wait a minute, I'm an adult. I can buy this. And I was like it was like this little joy that made me happy of being able to do something that I wanted to do as a kid. Now I'm able to do it, and it just felt like, oh that that was cool, Like that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you did get you at the Little Joy?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: How many do you have now? At this point? I think I put.
Speaker 3: Them all in like the back display of my studio, so like whenever I record my podcast, you can see them behind me. There's probably like six behind there now at this point.
Speaker 2: And you're super specific about which ones you're getting, like there's particular ones you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of them are based on either my favorite superheroes of all time or my favorite comic books. So I'm trying to find things that are all just have been my favorite for a very long time and are meaningful to me in some way.
Speaker 2: Have you been to McKay's.
Speaker 3: Oh I love McCay's.
Speaker 2: Okay, do they have that like what you're looking for there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I found some great stuff there. Okay.
Speaker 2: That's where I recently went with my new obsession of records and vinyls, which I don't understand. Are they interchangeable?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Are they the same records?
Speaker 3: Finals? Yeah, records vinyl I think it's already plural and singular at the same time.
Speaker 2: Well, because I say that because it's called it's like called a record player. But then you're getting vinyls, but aren't they I went down a whole rabbit hole. Anyways, I was there and I was looking for old vinyls and stuff, and that place was packed. But I remember seeing what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy going there and seeing how a live physical media still is, which is something I love, Like, if I had the space for it, I would still buy VHS tapes and DVDs and Blu rays because I just love the idea of actually owning something. And if you look, you know, online, seeing like, oh, sales are down, but there's still a community, because you'd be surprised, like I'll go to McKay's when it opens at nine am and there's a line of people waiting to get in there to sell things and buy things, and the lines are full. It just kind of makes you happy, like, oh, this is actually still existing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to say we'veted in a little bit where I think people are getting tired of everything being digital.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think especially when it comes to music and seeing people buy records because you can actually like hold it the art is on like big display, because now, like I feel like album art is kind of gone away because it's just on our phone and like a small little square. But when you buy a record, you can like look at the art, you can pull out, read the lyrics, you can actually put it on something and listen to it, and your intent is different. So I used to be bigger into record collecting, but I also kind of ran out of space and my record player doesn't work anymore, so I think once I get a new record player, i'd probably get back into it. I did buy the Post Malone album on on vinyl, just because that was like a significant win for me to have, But I've gotten out of like going through bins and searching for things at this point, unless there's like a big album that comes out that I want to own. Like I do still want to get the title of the creator's new album on record, just because I have his album right now behind on my wall like displayed, so I'd like to update that. But yeah, it's great to get into. I think I just got to a point where I was only buying records for the sake of collecting them and not listening to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that, but it is a thing to still be a collection. That's still a cool hobby to collect things. But I do get what you're saying, because otherwise it's sitting there collecting dust and kind of like why do I have it?
Speaker 3: I also think of it in a way of that is like the only time I really support some of my favorite artists, because I think about when I just stream their music, they're not making much off of that unless I go see them in concert. There are some artists that I've never seen them live, I've never bought a T shirt, I've never paid for their music, so I feel like buying their record is kind of giving something back to them.
Speaker 2: That's a cool perspective. I guess I've never really looked at it that way, but yeah, you're right, I mean, because streaming music has changed it, and obviously you're supporting them. They make royalties off of that stuff, But to your in the grand scheme of things, in the way that we used to support artists, yeah, it's not. So that's a cool way to look at it too. I mean, the one of the ones I bought was being Crosby, and I don't think I can support him anymore, but you know it's keeping his memory alive. His record is really cool. It looks like a candy cane. The chirstest one that I got.
Speaker 3: I love the colored vinyl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are cool. Most of them are black. And then I did get a little mini one, but I'm not really sure how that one works.
Speaker 3: So is it the like the seven inch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think I got a move. I can't listen the record. Of course, everything I do is the extended version. Essentially what the record player I got I saw in the reviews is like you're gonna have to put together a little bit, but it's good for you to understand how this works. It's like, cool, Okay, give me the task. I can do it. It comes in Mike, and I was like freaking out. I was sitting there and I was like, I'm not gonna figure this out. And then it didn't work and it kept the needle kept like moving off. I was like, I'm gonna ruin all these records, and I was stressing out, and I was like I got so excited, like I had this huge high of like it working, and then just like straight down because I was like I don't know what's going on. But now that I have the little one, I figured it out. It was a day of figuring it out, but I did. And now that I have a little one, though, I'm like, I don't want to mess with this, I might just look up that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's the twelve inch or like the big ones, and then they make a smaller one that's like a seven inch, which is usually like two to three songs on it, usually just two, and you have to play it at a different speed. So the big records I believe were thirty three and a half rpm, and then the smaller ones you have to switch it and run it at forty five rpm.
Speaker 2: Do you know why they would make some bigger and some.
Speaker 3: Smaller Because a record can only hold a certain amount of information on it. So if they're only putting like one or two songs, they can put it on a smaller record. It's cheaper to make, and then since it's smaller, you have to play it at a higher speed to still have the same revolution so it still sounds the same. So it's really just comes down to like they would only put those out as like singles, so like, hey, there's one song we want to put out and a B side on it, So here's the single. A lot of those they would send to a record I mean to radio stations back in the day that were just playing one song. They would just put on the smaller record play that. But still people put them out. It's like little special things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like nostalgia almost. Dang, that's cool. You just tell me a lot that I didn't know about any of that.
Speaker 3: I mean I used to be way into it. I think, like growing up listening to punk rock, like those are huge, Like the seven inch, like the singles were huge. Those were more like a collector's item because they were cheaper to make, so people would make like different covers, different variants of the color of record you could get. So I was big and I still have a lot of those.
Speaker 2: Dang. Okay, Well we could keep talking about this forever because now I'm so obsessed. But we're gonna jump out and go do some other stuff, like, you know, because Mike and I have eighty million things that were balancing, So we're gonna jump out of here. Tell the people where they can find you. Hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 3: You can listen to my podcast movie Mike's Movie Podcast Spoiler free movie reviews. And also if you don't like movies, I find that just talking about movies is talking about live. The way I approach my reviews is I always like to give away a little piece of myself in every review, because if you're talking talking about a story with characters going through things, you're going to end up talking about how they affect you and what you relate to. So I always try to find, like, what, how do I relate to this movie and how can somebody listening to it also relate to it in that way even if you don't see the movie, it's just talking about life. So on that aspect to check out.
Speaker 2: The podcast Yeah, Life Lessons and Movies with Mi. I like it, and you can check out my podcast Take this Personally. Also, both of them are good. Both of them are short, so you can fit them all in in two hours if you wanted to. My high school teacher, missus Manning, came on. She was my angel in the situation when I went through bullying. She was my safe space the classroom that she was at, and she also, after my situation, went back to school to become the high school counselor instead of a math teacher. Because she didn't like what she was seeing and what she was experiencing and all of that's super cool. So getting to chat with her and catch up on podcast form is all up on the latest episode, and please go follow the show. I'llby Bone show. You can check up on our YouTube channel. There's easy trivia up there. There's full interviews, performance is. Anything you could possibly want in viewing form is on our YouTube channel. All right, anything else, Mike last words?
Speaker 3: You got me to think about something else that I'll bring up at another time. Okay, nd me to tell you about a teacher situation.
Speaker 2: I have oh next best bit, Yes, the listeners, if you're listening to this, because you guys did a good job of reminding me about the run club, remind me teacher situation with Mike.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, that's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms. Show and followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.