Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Final Hour and this Thursday we'll check in with Brian Winhorse from the Mother's Ship and the Yannis situation in Milwaukee. Your phone calls always welcome eight seven to seven three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a TP show Good morning. If you're watching on Peacock that's our streaming partner. The only place to get the autograph calendars, Tailgate Moonshine go to Danpatrick dot com. You have to place your order by December eighth to get it by Christmas. Stat of the Day has always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. Sunday Night, the pressure is on CJ. Stroud and the Texans face Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs. Which team will rise to the occasion? Sunday seven Eastern on NBC and Peacock Pole question for the final hour of the program, and then we'll bring in Windy seedon Yeah, we got a couple of them up there right now. If you were the.
Speaker 3: Milwaukee Bucks, you would seventy four percent of the audience have us trading him in the best fit for Giannis is right now in New York, followed by san Antonio dominating that.
Speaker 2: Poolecost Okay, we bring in Brian Winhorns to the mothership. ESPN senior NBA writer, How did we get to this point? Ryan? With Jannis in the Bucks?
Speaker 4: Not one hundred percent sure where we are because one of the things that I've been talking to league executive types about in the last twenty four hours is do we think that this time the Honis will actually go all the way and formally say it's time to trade me, because he's rattled the saber before. And you know, one of the more fascinating stories that came out of this whole summer, and it didn't come out in the summer. It came out in October and Shamstererania, my colleague at ESPN, reported it. But in August, Janice talked to the Bucks and different people can use different verbs here, and I'm not trying to like step on anybody, but he showed an interest in wanting to be on the New York Knicks, and to the point where the Knicks and the Bucks had trade talks. And I know what Doc River said yesterday, said Giannis didn't ask to be traded. Okay, he may not have said those words. I promise you the Bucks it wasn't their idea, okay. And I know that it caught the Knicks by surprise, Dan. And you know how I know because like two weeks before, they signed Mikhale Bridges to a contract extension, a really good contract extension, nice one. And it's not that they wouldn't have signed him or that they absolutely were going to trade him in that deal, but once you signed him to that, you can't trade him for six months. So if you were thought that you were about to potentially enter a very important negotiation, you wouldn't take one of those guys off the table. So I think it caught the Knicks off guard too. And so what I think happened was it was Yiannis's idea. Now you can bring people on here and have them testify or whatever. It's fine. The talks took place, okay. And the important thing is Jannis watched what the Bucks did over the summer, which was do this crazy move. It was a two hundred million dollar move. They cut Dame, making one hundred million dollars in dead money, and then they signed Miles Turner for one hundred million. So they took one hundred million dollar problem, which was a player in his thirties recovered from Achilles, and they made it a two hundred dollars investment for a Miles Turner, who is a quality player just helped the team to get to the finals. Excellent, a high quality role player, but not a star player. He saw those moves and then he said, I have some interest in becoming a Nick. Okay, So that happened, and it didn't come out until October. And at that point, Yannis they had signed his two brothers, you know, and Yiannis was playing for the Bucks and everything. But like that was a real indication of what y where Yannis's head was at. Here's the other thing. Yannis's family moved to Greece. If you know anything about Yannis, the family is extraordinarily important to him. It's one of the reasons why the Bucks have signed his two brothers, because they know how important it is to have his family with him. That he sent his fair He might have had ten reasons to send his family to Greece. But again, these are actions that you're looking at going you know, so what the league is wondering is knowing what happened in the summer, knowing about the other stuff, knowing that the team is not doing well, although they had their best win of the year last night they beat the Pistons without Yanis. Will Janis actually go forward and say, Okay, I wanted to because I don't think the Bucks are going to get there Dan, because the Bucks are so mortgaged and so deeply invested in keeping him, and I actually don't blame them. And so that's really what the question is is is will Yannis take the next step besides the saber rattling that he's done before?
Speaker 2: Why the Knicks?
Speaker 4: Good question?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: He he really you know, in all of the on all of the discussions from Jannis and from John Horst, their general manager and doc, no one denied those talks took place. The Knicks certainly didn't deny it, and I thought, I know that they happened. And you know, I will say that if you were in a vacuum choosing where to go, you would want to go to the Eastern Conference. You know, I think you know, you know you we want to stay East. And so if you looked at the Eastern Conference and you said, well, where would I want to be as a player. Where do I think I can you know, make a big impact? Where could we win right away?
Speaker 2: Like New York.
Speaker 4: Rises to the top. You can make some cases for some other teams, you know, Miami for example, you know, maybe Atlanta, maybe Boston all that that type of tray would be a lot more complicated. But like you know, if you go through that process, I could see how you know, Toronto would be as it would be an interesting team. Now that's actually kind of an interesting team because you know, you know, national players seem to like Toronto. But I think, you know, in August, I think New York made some sense, and it may not have made some sense from what the Knicks were in position to trade at the time. And I certainly don't think the Bucks were motivated to do it, like they probably wanted everything the Knicks could possibly offer before they would even get mildly interested. But that's the other question is if Jannis does so that There's really three questions that have been involved on my phone for the last twenty four hours. One, will Jannis actually go to the point where he says I want to be traded because he hasn't gotten to that point yet or before two. If he does get traded, will the list be longer than the Knicks than it was just a one team thing over the summer? And Three, if Jannis has a let's let's say there's three teams, let's say there's six teams, whatever, do the Bucks have to do business with just his list? Because he does have one year left on his contract plus a player option, so next year you'd be faced with having Giannis in a walk year. So typically in that situation, you would if you were trading for a guy, you'd want to know he is staying, especially if you're given a lot of stuff for him. But it's funny, Dan, As I've talked to people in the league. People don't necessarily think that would necessarily be true with Yannis. So I'm not sure. But those are the three questions and the topics that are going around the league right now.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing Brunson would be off limits with the Knicks. That'd be the only guy that'd be off limits.
Speaker 4: I would advise them, I haven't. I don't have insight on I don't have insight on that, but I would do so. The challenge with the Knicks is they really don't have meaningful draft assets to give. Some of these other teams we could mention have their own draft picks, and other teams draft picks that they can offer. The Knicks don't have draft picks, so you would have to make it a player based trade. And here's the thing about the Bucks that's important to understand the Bucks, and this is this sort of backs up why they've double tripled Paul drippled down. They don't control I think their next three or four drafts. They've either traded the pick away or they've traded the swap away. Certainly this year and next year, I know for sure, I think even twenty eight two. And so when you're in that position, you really can't enter into a trade thinking, well, we're going to rebuild because you don't control your pick. And there's a few teams in the NBA right now who are in bad shape but don't control their pick, and they're in hell and so Milwaukee would probably have if they you know, Milwaukee's probably doesn't want this happen at all, but if they get to the point they have to trade them, they're probably going to look to make a player based trade. Or the draft asks that that they're going to get are going to be third party teams. In other words, if you do a team with if you do a deal with the team that you're trading y honest to you, and you're getting their picks for the next couple of years, that's not that exciting because that team stayed going to be good. If that team has a third team's picks, yeah, you'd be interested in that so that it doesn't rely on your performance or that team with Giannis's performance. But now you're threading a needle. So that's another reason why New York would make some sense. They have some players that the Bucks could get that would help them retrofit their team.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm talking to Brian win Horst, ESPN, Senior NBA writer, help me understand the Chris Paul situation of why it had to happen on the road in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Well, that seems crazy, you know. And one of the things that Lawrence Frank, So, first off, Lawrence Frank had this press conference yesterday. The general manager of the President, I meik it's the president is its title, And first off, he said, put all the blame on me, which maybe Lawrence wanted to do it, but I promise you it was not only him who wanted to do.
Speaker 2: It, but.
Speaker 4: Doing it the way they did it. He said that they made the decision on Sunday. Dan, Okay, let's just let's just take that for the truth. Why was he in Miami on Monday? They're starting a long road trip and you know, Lawrence explained that the reason this happened in the middle of the night was because their flight was delayed by five hours, which it was. They didn't land in Atlanta Airport until nine thirty. You know how long it is to get from Atlanta Airport to downtown. It doesn't take five minutes. They met at eleven o'clock. In the meeting went several hours. So why do you do it at eleven o'clock? You know, I don't you know? So like, the actual functionality of the way they handled it is wretched. The decision. You've been around sports for a long time. When you have a player who is very vocal, who all of a sudden has a small role, it doesn't work. Chris Paul's whole career, he's been very vocal. He's been vocal with the officials, he's been vocal with his coach, the opposing coach. He's been vocal with the opposing star player, with his star play, with his role players. Imagine what he says off the court. You can just see what he says on the court. And when you're the star player and the point guard and you're playing all eighty two games and your team is competing for conference titles or whatever, that's one thing. When you're doing that and the team is sinking and you're of a much smaller role, it doesn't work. I knew this twenty years ago when I started the NBA. This is a bit of a classic case situation. And you could say, well, then why the Clippers bring him in knowing that he would have a small role and that this was possible. That's fair, And I would just say that of the Clippers miscalculations this season, it's on the list. But there's a long list of Clippers miscalculations so far.
Speaker 2: When do you feel like we'll get a true sense of Lebron's role with the Lakers? If is he a third option now? And you know, I guess the future of how long does he want to play? Feel like he can play and being a maybe a third option for the Lakers and what role that plays.
Speaker 4: It's an interesting set of circumstances that's happened because I thought Lebron was awesome last year. He was second team All NBA. I thought he looked great. You know, the Lakers had a disappointing end of the season. There was a bad matchup for them with Minnesota. But I thought that they really achieved in the regular season. They got the three seed. I mean, I know, the difference between the three and the six was really tight, but they got it. And you know, people were saying to me, why do you think this is it for Lebron, And I'm like, no, Like, look at him. He's still one of the top ten to fifteen players in the league. And then a couple of things happened. First off, he had two injuries dan So he sprained his knee in the last playoff game against the Wolves. In fact, had they extended that series, I don't know if he could have played. He missed training, he was out for weeks. He had He's never missed a playoff game in all you know, twenty years in the playoffs, he's never missed a playoff game. I'm not sure you've been able to play in the next game.
Speaker 2: So he had this knee injury.
Speaker 4: Then he hits the sciatica, so he has the most injured off season he's ever had, which maybe isn't a surprise at age forty, but it's still completely new. Also, they get Luca, so Lebron was already having a great season. Lebron played well when Luca after Luca got there, but the Luca thing happens. Then he has the injuries. Okay, so these are two things that we've never seen. We've never seen him not be the A one A guy on his team. We've never seen him have off season injuries before. Then his team without him plays really really well. Absolutely never happened. Maybe his team has been able to keep their nose above water when he's been out, whether it's been for you know, a week or a month, They've never achieved. You've never looked at a team that has missed Lebron for multiple games and gone, man, they're doing great. And Austin Reeves is having a career year. So you've got this series of circumstances that he's never experienced before. Not to mention not getting able to start a season not having to have a training camp, so we are in completely unknown territory for him. It would be unknown territory if any one of those things was true. Now the whole menu is true. And by the way, he rejoins the team as the number one score in the history of the league, where the two guys on his team are in the top ten in scoring, Reeves and Luca are like one in nine. I don't have and checked it today. Maybe Reeves dropped a little bit, but when he came back, I think they were one in eight. So you're asking, you're this is a completely different situation he's ever done. And the team's winning, you know, you're not coming in and boy, the team struggling, and now you got so I think he is absolutely in a little bit of the deep end of the pool that he's never been in before. I mean, how as it's been since Lebron's been in a situation that he hasn't not only seen but mastered. So this is awkward and he's showing his age.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: The other night in that game was really a game where I really looked thought Lebron looked like an older player for the first time, where he wasn't getting left. I mean, he had no rebounds, no steals, no blocks. That's never happened in twenty three years, thousands of games. So you're asking a really relevant question. I don't think anybody knows. I think he's going through this day to day trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Would you be more surprised if he played another year or he retired at the end of this year?
Speaker 4: I am. I thought, you know, even as recently as last spring, he has years left. I was not entertaining that this was going to be it regardless of the contract, which as that's also something he's never experienced before, but is not really relevant. I don't think that's affecting his day to day.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just in the middle of I don't know, and I know it's an unsatisfactory answer, and I think Lebron has pretty much said the same thing. He said, I don't know. I think Rich Paul, his agent, has said I don't know. I don't know. But that's that's a departure from me because I was in the camp of this guy could Tom Bradiot like I mean, and he still could Tom Bradiot, but if you watched him play last year. There's no way you said that's a guy about to retire.
Speaker 2: Wendy, thank you. I know you're busy. Thanks for joining.
Speaker 5: Have a good day.
Speaker 2: That's Brian Windhorst, ESPN Senior NBA writer, and I remember when he brought this up. It was in the preseason about Giannis and the Knicks, and then it kind of just, I don't know, that flittered away, and then all of a sudden it resurfaced, and then you know, Shams is talking about he wants out, and next thing you know, he's playing in the game last night and then he's out in the first quarter, gets injured. Now all of a sudden trade speculation and which teams could pony up for Giannis. But Brian was on that story a few months ago. We'll take a break. We'll get to more phone calls coming up. We're back after this in The Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Rob Parker and Calvin Washington from The Odd Couple on Fox Sports Radio and.
Speaker 7: In addition to hearing us live weeknights from seven to ten pm Eastern on Fox Sports Radio. We are excited to announce brand new YouTube channel for the show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: You can now watch the Odd Couple live on YouTube every day.
Speaker 7: All you gotta do search Odd Couple FSR on YouTube again YouTube, Just search Odd Couple FSR. Check us out on YouTube and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Cody in Texas, Hi, Cody, what's on your mind today? Hey?
Speaker 8: Dan, got a big game tonight Dallas and Detroit.
Speaker 9: Wanted to run something by you.
Speaker 8: You know, it's Christmas time and there's no cowboys gearing the DP store. If the Cowboys win tonight, trade up some shirts, says Jerry.
Speaker 10: Was right.
Speaker 2: Uh, we don't have to print up T shirts to say some of that, you know. But we were talking about the mikeh and thank you for the phone call, Cody. I know Jerry's getting credit a little more credit, but if they don't bring in Quinn Williams, then that defense is not as formidable as it's been. We're talking about Michael Parsons and the trade they made with Michael Parsons. I didn't think was a great trade for Dallas, but if you get assets from the packers and you can use them and then you bring in Quinn Williams. Okay, now we can assess that trade. And I think Dallas, let's put it this way, green Bay is going to do that trade no matter what. If you said, hey, you want to do it again, green Bay is going to say yes, and Dallas can say we'll do it again because we're going to bring in Quinn Williams. Yes, Yes, Pauling.
Speaker 6: The one thing about Quinn Williams, he's way less expensive than Michah Parsons. He's eight and a half millions this year, He's twenty two million next year and twenty five million the next year after that twenty twenty seven, So it's half the investment, less than half the investment for a pretty high end player who's still in his prime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they don't have a pass rusher. So he's really good at what he's being paid to do. But Michaeh Parsons is in an elite category. He's going to be second for Defensive Player of the Year. He's still a great player and he's a difference maker. Quinn Williams is one of those guys that you have to watch the game and you go, man, he's in on a lot of these tackles and he kind of clutters up the middle. He does that, and he's been great. And Dallas is a better than average defense now, and that's what we said. If they were better than average, it's with that offense that's above average, they would be a playoff team. So it's no surprise. But Jerry, Jerry fumbled the Michaeh Parsons deal because that could have been done a while ago, and Jerry let pride and Ego get into it and then they it turned out good. It turned out well for Dallas, but Green Bay is probably thrilled that they have Michael Parsons. Yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 6: They also got George Pickens for a third round draft pick and a fifth round in twenty twenty seven, which this year working out fantastic.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They took a chance on a guy who was in the final year of his contract and it's turned out well. But there's the reason why I didn't work out in Pittsburgh, and that would would be what I would be aware of or be aware of, because once he gets that contract and he's gonna want Cede Lamb money and he is outperformed Cede Lamb, Are you going to give him that kind of money? So you'd be wrapped up with DA's money, Cede Lamb, and then you'd have George Pickens, so you would have what almost you'd have one hundred million dollars in three players. That would be a little bit of a concern for me, just a little bit. PAULI brought this up to me yesterday and we weren't on the air, and he said he was kind of joking, but you know, kind of half serious. And he goes, here's Notre Dame and Notre Dame not in the conference, so they can't play another game. And if they could play another game and maybe they beat Air Force Academy or something, you kind of stay in the conversation and maybe that helps your playoff push. Here what turns out Vanderbilt, according to ESPN Pete Thamil, Vanderbilt was trying to schedule another game. They're not going to be in the SEC title game, and Vandy was like, well, okay, we got two losses, we're not going to be in the playoff picture. I think they might be thirteenth and they're ten and two, and they're saying, can we schedule the game, and I don't know if the NCAA or the SEC said no, you can't as much as they were obstacles to try to play that game. But I don't know. Is there a limit on the number of games that you can play during a regular season? As college football cap the number of games that you can play during the regular season, because we know if you get into the playoffs, you're going to play you know, two three more games. But can you add just add a game? Vanderbilt tried and they were told that there are too many obstacles in the way. This according to ESPN, Yes Pauling.
Speaker 6: But according to this ES report, it was that they couldn't get it together in time to put together game. Not necessarily that the SEC or NCAA said no to them, but what a sport that the team says, you know what, with a week's notice, we're going to add a football game just to boost our resume. An exhibition game, I guess, exempt game. And that is even a possibility in the sport that was pursued.
Speaker 2: Wait, it was going to be an exhibition game, Well, it.
Speaker 6: Was going to be an exempt game, like it's not on the regular schedule or be just an add on game, like you said, versus Army or Yukon or someone like that. That's independent, But it's unclear that if they could have done it, if they got their stuff together.
Speaker 2: Well, I wonder about this when you have conference title games and then you have some schools that you know, Notre Dame doesn't have a conference that they're in. You know that's on Notre Dame. But could Notre Dame have added a game, you know, if it was Army, Like, what's the downside to that other than if you don't play well? But I think they're trying to stay in the conversation. And their schedule in the second half of the season wasn't very good. You know, you're watching them play really good football, but you're not going, oh, they beat Oklahoma or they beat Tennessee. Yes, tod the schedule.
Speaker 5: Is the schedule That is ridiculous that they would even entertain the thought of allowing such a thing. This is your schedule, here's your opportunity. These are the schools. Some of them make you decided to play against, whether it's a strong or not strong team. And that's just the way it is. When it's over, it's over. That's your winter loss record. You can all of a sudden try to add a game. Think about that in any other sport, that'll be insane seatan.
Speaker 3: You know, football teams pro or NFL, or at pro or college don't seem to be in the business of just adding games because it'd be fun, you know.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, there's a bigger picture here, and that is we want to stay on your radar. We want to show you just how good we are we're not playing.
Speaker 3: I don't think Notre Dame doesn't have that problem with staying on the radar. They don't need an extra game to be like, ah, I see, we actually do deserve it. If anything, you're risking like injury and other loss another the downside to me is way stronger than you know, throwing in another game to be like, ah see, we beat them too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think even Notre Dame needs a little attention. You got Marcus free been going on to the Today Show, fly to New York, go on to Today Show and talk about Notre Dame and then the season, and that just felt like a uh oh, we got to get something going here. We got to get people, you know, continuing to talk about us, because if BYU beat Texas Tech. I don't think Notre Dame's in.
Speaker 3: Notre Dame is like the only school that has their own network or where they were for the longest time.
Speaker 2: That the whole thing.
Speaker 3: The biggest criticism of Notre Dame since my whole life has been that they're so overexposed.
Speaker 2: Well, then why go on the Today Show. The timing of that to go on the Today Show was just surprising. I think for Marcus Freeman that yes, you're with NBC and there's some programming with behind the scenes with Notre Dame football.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's he's the only coach in the country that can do that because because he's the Notre Dame head coach, not because he's like begging for airtime. He's he's the only one. They're not having any other college coaches on. They just had that one on because that's how.
Speaker 2: Big they are. Well, no, they have a partnership with NBC, But why would he go to New York to talk about a behind the scenes Notre Dame series that's not on NBC. It felt like he was It felt like it was twofold. It was like, Hey, just letting everybody know what we do at Notre Dame football branding maybe for an audience that's not really a football audience. That to me was surprising. It felt like there was It felt like there was more to that that he's going on the Today Show just to remind people or say, hey, we're Notre Dame football and they may get left out of the playoffs.
Speaker 11: Yes, Mart, but Notre Dame feels like the last school that needs this at all in any way, shape or form. But also, if they beat Army, say they play another game, Okay, great, you beat Army, You're still not getting in the playoffs. And then you would have to molly wat them. You would have to kill them because college football is about style points. So if you play them and you beat Army twenty to ten, they're gonna be look it barely beat a service academy, so they're not gonna give it.
Speaker 2: If Vandy plays Army, they're not getting into the playoffs. But they were trying to play another game. Yet.
Speaker 11: I don't see the point in this either way for either school.
Speaker 6: Why yeah, Paul, I have a little more detail on this, this bandy thing. According to Yahoo Sports, it would be a game that would never count on their official record in the nca record books. If they added a game this weekend, and there's no guarantee that the playoff committee would look at it or be allowed to look at it because it's not a game under the NCAA's jurisdiction. And I looked up Diego Povey is not on the view tomorrow. He's not chopping up with the ladies.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, but he might be on the CBS Morning Show with Gail King.
Speaker 12: Check it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course if he brings, if he brings his mom, then they would probably have them on. Absolutely adding another game though, it was kind of interesting. Yeah, but PAULI brought that up with Notre Dame. If you play another game, and I'm like, unless you're playing a really good team that you know on a neutral sight or something, then maybe, but I can't see them. Ay, we're gonna play Army, all right, man, And we won forty four to seven. We should be in the playoffs. Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 6: If BYU wins and Notre Dame is out of the playoffs, the BYU Texas Bowl game matchup would be the best one you could put together. I don't know which ball would have first, right, Citrus Bowl or whatever it may be. But if you could put together Texas and Notre Dame in a bowl game' that'd be fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, Tom.
Speaker 5: If a school would ever have the right to play one extra game to prove that they belong in, it should work the other way as well. Any other school that are on the fence should be forced them to play a game and they run the risk of getting knocked out if it looked like they were going to get that eleven or twelfth spot. You can't just work one way. At the very end, you create this new game.
Speaker 2: A couple of phone calls here eight seven to seven to three DP show Adam in La Hi, Adam, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 10: Dad, I think there is someone onto something here that could satisfy sort of the Oh we got screw we were left out. What about the two teams that are sort of on the bubble here, like Vanderbilt Notre Dame. You guys play for the twelfth spot. We've called you guys thirteen and twelve, and you guys play it out.
Speaker 2: A play in game, is what you're talking about, Adam. Oh, brother, don't give them any it's not the play and it's called it's the first round. Okay, it's not the.
Speaker 6: Play It'll be the first four, yes, both In all seriousness, this has been brought up before, some type of playing game for the twelfth spot. But next weekend, not this weekend. Is Army Navy stand alone. There are FCS games playoff games, but that would be a touchy one because Army Navy gets the weekend to themselves. Of course, tradition usually gets bought out. But if you could have an night game after Army Navy at the day game, it's a playing game that could possibly work.
Speaker 2: Boy Fred and Fred in West Virginia. Hey, Fred, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Hey Dan?
Speaker 13: Thank you for working through it this week man, you're doing a great job in the spirit of great content, which we all know you of. Wendy made me think a little bit the possibility of Giannis going to Dallas Mavericks. They can get under they can get out from under a d They've got some they've got some draft they could offer up. I think it would be a lot of fun to watch.
Speaker 2: Okay, but here's the thing, Fred, we always look at these trades and they're one sided, and you go, boy, look at what Dallas is going to get If I'm Milwaukee, I don't want Anthony Davis. I don't like I want Cooper Flag, but I don't Why would I want Anthony Davis. Dallas probably doesn't want Anthony Davis. Thank you for I could put Giannis in there with Dallas, but you make it seem like I don't know somebody won Anthony Davis. Uh, I don't know? And what are you getting in return for Anthony Davis? Aiden in Utah, Hi, Aiden, thanks for holding what's on your mind? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Quick thing. Vanderbilt went from being a cute little story, you know, wow, this already team and now turned into maybe a powerhouse in the SEC two almost unbearable. Hey, diango, if you would have won those two games you lost instead of trying to, you know, strengthen your Eisman campaign and like play team football, maybe you'd be in the playoff contention.
Speaker 2: Just win your games, all right? Aiden on fire today?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if Vandy is getting called out for decisions on national sports.
Speaker 2: Radio, you become a football school.
Speaker 6: If you're trying to play an extra game to impress the need, just a couple of recruiting violations and they're officially a football school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they need to get caught cheating and then they could be a big time program here. All right, we'll take a break, Last call for phone calls, what we learn, What's in store tomorrow? And this dang sports history after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live, Last call for phone calls, What we learn, What's in store tomorrow. Nice to know that one of my college football sources is listening to the program. Adding a thirteenth game can't just happen, Especially for appeal to the committee.
Speaker 2: There is a Hawaii exemption. A Hawaii exemption, if an FBS team plays a game in Hawaii, it's allowed to schedule one additional regular season game. It applies whether the team travels to Hawaii or host to Hawaii. The purpose is to offset increase travel cost. So if a Mountain West or Pac twelve school plays at Hawaii, they can schedule with thirteenth game. The NCAA officially allowed a twelve game regular season that began in two thousand and six, So you get to play twelve games, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: I wonder if teams know that tidbit, because you could go out to Hawaii early in the season and then add another team late in the season and boost your schedule.
Speaker 2: I mean Notre Dame needs to do that, Yes, schedule Hawaii.
Speaker 6: What if everyone learned about this and the next thing you know, Hawaii's got Alabama coming to town.
Speaker 2: Notre Dame, Bandy, everybody wants to play Hawaii? Well, who wouldn't want to go to Hawaii? H Anyway? Yeah? Uh, Tony in California? Hi, Tony, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 13: How's going today?
Speaker 12: Beautiful day?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 9: So, first of all, I want to compliment you guys are so nice to me as first I ever call it into sports soccer radio show, and you guys are so kind. I want to congratulate you on that.
Speaker 2: Thanks you sure it was us, Tony?
Speaker 13: Yeah it was you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was you. I told you, you know, I told you. God somebody lls you. But anyways, I want to talk about the Clippers if I could. Okay, I need your help, man. What am I gonna do with this team? I've been some brew up in San Diego, used to go Clipper games, Drome, Whitehead will be free. You know Freeman Williams, you know, Danny Manning. But what are we gonna do?
Speaker 2: Like we got rid of You should have known, you should have known back then of what was in store for you. You can't quit now, I mean, come on, gone through. I was gonna say the his and lows, but it's it's it's lows and some higher lows. But yeah, it's a mess. Sorry about that, Tony. Yeah, Seed, I.
Speaker 3: Get the sense Tony's been facetious there about his first time calling in and we were kind to him.
Speaker 2: Oh really yeah, yeah, I thought he was being very tony. Were you being serious or sarcastic? There?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 9: Very serious? Yeah, no, okay, I said I never called the sports show, but back twenty years ago I called Jim Rome. They were rude. I like Jim Rome, but he was rude, racking.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tony, I am out, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: You know, the Clippers have made the postseason fourteen of the past sixteen years. They used to have dry spells where they go eight or nine years or not even a postseason appearance. They haven't gone very deep, but they're in it ish well.
Speaker 2: Half the league makes the playoffs. I'm trying to spin it positive, I know, but you can't go, man, we make Okay, then you must love what the Steelers have been doing. They make the playoffs. Yeah, yes, Marvin.
Speaker 11: But if you're the Clippers, you were the worst franchise in all of American sports. And I'm pretty confident saying that for most of my childhood. But when Chris Paul got there, they became a respectable franchise, and you know what, they're contender ish.
Speaker 2: Remember when Arsenio Hall and Billy Crystal would go and we'd like, man, you know, they got their celebrities there. I think it was just those two where you go to a Laker game in the entire you know, first row, surrounding the court celebrities.
Speaker 11: Yes, Mark, don't forget about Franki Ninez from Malcolm in the Middle. He was a Clippers fan.
Speaker 2: Too, Certainly, I did forget about Frankie. Three big stars. Okay, all right, man, the Clippers thought they had had figured out. You know what, we're gonna trade this guy SGA. We're gonna get Paul George and we're gonna give them draft picks like okay, we're gonna bring in Kawhi. We're gonna get Kawhi phantom jobs. We're gonna We're gonna bring him in. It doesn't matter. He's gonna be ready for the postseason. Hey, you know what, how about James Harden. Let's bring him in as well. Okay, yeah, Pull, here's a weird stat for you.
Speaker 6: In the past thirteen seasons, the Clippers have made the postseason eleven times. In the past thirteen seasons, the Lakers have made the postseason five times.
Speaker 2: You'd win it?
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa stand of the day? Stant of to day? Stant a day, stan of a day?
Speaker 2: This is the stanle of the day. But if I said to a Clipper fan, you're gonna make the playoffs five times, but you're gonna win an NBA championship, orre you gonna make it eleven consecutive times? I know what your answer would be. Should be Ray in Massachusetts, Good morning, Ray, what's on your mind? Hi On Dan, you're doing it well.
Speaker 14: John. I loved you ever since you were on ESPN. And I want to shout out my Chicago Bears. I'm born raised in Springfield, but I'm a die out Chicago Bears fan and pubs.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, well, you guys did win a championship not too long ago. Thank you, Ray, thank you, great job all around there. You want to share the wealth. It's not just for me to everybody. Todd, that's very nice. Now I'm saying, not you. It's awkward.
Speaker 5: He got very awkward.
Speaker 2: Just Nick and Colorado. Hi, Nick, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 12: Six foot one sixty five.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 12: The only thing I was going to suggest for the college football playoff is, well, don't they just make it a tournament style like basketball? Maybe a certain win percentage or conference? Uh, you know what your record is in the conference gets you in, and you know you get about half or a quarter of the teams and all the different conferences, and nobody could complain that they weren't allowed to come in.
Speaker 8: Expeat.
Speaker 2: I don't know why Division three playoffs works, but it doesn't work for higher grades, higher levels FCS seems to work. I don't know. I don't know if adding more teams solves everything, but I'm told that they're not going to fourteen or sixteen teams next year and would probably be the year after that that they're going to do that. How about this James sports history, Paul, You got anything A couple for you. This is old school.
Speaker 6: Nineteen seventy seven, Tony Dorset of the Cowboys, as a rookie, ran for two hundred and six yards against the Eagles, only the third rookie in history to run for more than two hundred yards in the game. Bonus coverage. Who has the rookie rushing record for a single game, and I think it might be the all time rushing record for a single game. Who wants a piece of it?
Speaker 2: Marvin Adrian Pearson bloop.
Speaker 6: Adrian Peterson in his eighth game ran for two hundred ninety six yards on thirty carries, nine nine yards of carry, three touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Now he's fighting guys at poker game. Man, let me see anything else here? Yeah? I got one more? Anything else? Yeah? Okay.
Speaker 6: Nineteen eighty seven, Kareem medl Jabbar was held to seven points in the game. He had scored at least ten in the game the previous seven hundred and eighty seven games.
Speaker 2: Is that broke his story? Lebron's up to twelve hundred. He just got that the other night where it seemed like he was staying in the game to be able to get his ten points.
Speaker 11: Is that right, Marvin, when you're on the court with your son, that's not good. Just jacking up threes, no good, what a chucker.
Speaker 2: But he did get He got the double digits, though I think he extended his streak. It's the all time record. Would you learn, Todd?
Speaker 5: We all learned from Pauli in his four years a due Christian Lana lost just twenty six games as the rookie with the t Wolves. Sixty three games lost that season, Sat.
Speaker 2: And what did you learn? The Hawaii exemption? Yes, who knew Marvin between the lines. Yeah, Paulie, we're all going to Hawaii. Enjoy the football tonight. We'll recap it tomorrow for Fritzie's seat and Marv, Paula yours truly in the BRGS. We'll talk to you on Friday.