Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 3: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 2: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upon us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game Time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices views from your seat. The Lords Price Guarantee game Time takes the guests work out of buying tickets, save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the Lord's Price Guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guest work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game Time. Download the game Time opup. Creat an account use code Nightcap twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again. Creat an account redeem code Nightcap night caap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed, Good evening. Excuse me, good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you for joining us. For another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Uncle Shaun and Sharp, He's your favorite. Number eighty five, The Route Runner Extraordinary, the Bengal Ring of Fame, Artery, the Pro Bowler, the All Pro, Liberty City's Finest. That's Chad o Cho Senko Johnson and thank you again, ladies and gentlemen for joining us. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Thank guys, do us a favorite, Go and subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from every podcaster subscription count and we greatly greatly appreciate your support. Make sure you check out shay By Laportier. We have it in stock. Thank you for your support. Thank you for being patient when we didn't have it in stock and we only taking pre orders, So thank you guys. We have it in stot so. I know some of you guys have been tagging me and I've been seeing it, so thank you. Thank you so much. Hopefully you and enjoyed it join it as much as I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Bringing it to you. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you go follow my media company page page on all platforms. That's Shayshay Media and my clothing company.
Speaker 3: Eighty four. That's eighty four.
Speaker 1: That's eight four spelled out, eighty four spelled out.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: We've sold out all of our Olympic merch The link of the rest of our merchants pinned at the top of the chat. A few pieces left. I think maybe I'm not sure as say we're sold out, but if you order Olympic merch it will be shipped in under two weeks. So thank you so much for supporting Nightcap. We greatly greatly appreciate it. Oh Joe have you today?
Speaker 4: Have you ever been a Paris Yeah, I've been a parent bout three four time.
Speaker 3: Listen.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, I thought I'll told you the story.
Speaker 5: I went to watch the Champions League final Real Madrid and Liverpool not too long ago, and before that I went I been to Paris to a previous time before that to watch P.
Speaker 3: And G play. Is it hilly in Paris? Hilly?
Speaker 4: What do you mean hilly?
Speaker 1: I mean there must be a lot of heels in Paris, because I'm gonna be there's gold in them their heels because the US is on the gold rush.
Speaker 4: Hey, we getting them left and right. Ain't we what were getting them left and right?
Speaker 1: I don't know if we incentivized a lot of people, but ay, just when we.
Speaker 3: Thought nor Allows was like, oh man, what a race?
Speaker 1: And then we get Carl Hawker in the fifteen hundred years and we let oh my goodness, what a race.
Speaker 3: And then we get the four hundred.
Speaker 1: Meters and that's bull dog, that pit bull Quincy Hallo coming out of the turn put one hundred meters to go. He's like, oh no, I didn't cought this far to come this far.
Speaker 4: I need that. Listen what you saw from him?
Speaker 5: Right, there's certain things in life, regardless of the sport that you play, there is a certain in factor. You know, hear me say that. It's fact all the time. Certain individuals have it. What you saw from Quincy.
Speaker 4: You can't coach that. No, you can't coach that. That's you born with, that, that's inside.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Half of the people coming off that curve like that, right down that stretch, they would feel like they would have gave up.
Speaker 3: I'm resigned to a lot of people would have folded up.
Speaker 5: Yes, man, listen when people say and when people talk and say, you know what the individual has that dog in him or individual has that in fact that you can't teach what you saw tonight. You can't teach that from Quincy Brouh. You can't teach that. That ain't nothing but hard man.
Speaker 1: Guys, we got a special guest joining us. We're gonna talk a little later, but Michael Johnson joined us earlier today. We taped something with him. Yeah, there's a nine hour there's a six hour time difference with Ocho. There's a nine hour time difference with me. And so we got Michael Johnson as a favor. I've known Michael probably thirty years. He used to be around all the time because one of my former teammates. He had one of my former teammates of best friends and Kroc and I used to ay, we used to run. We was in Vegas and we're all over the place together. And so as a favor, he came on and gave us some insight. So we're gonna be We're gonna play that interview for you a little later. We'll get the track feel a little later. But Team USA routes Nigeria eighty eight seventy four. They pulled the start of the score was they were up like twenty three, twenty four points with about three minutes to go in the ball two a minute, two or three minutes left in the ball game.
Speaker 3: Asia Wilson was.
Speaker 1: Dominant again, another double double performance nine of eleven two or two from the free throw line, twenty points, eleven rebounds, two assists, two blocks. Stewart thirteen points. Jackie Young inserted into the starting lineup in place of Dinah t Rossi. She was six and ten three or five from the free throw line. She kept there with fifteen bg. Britney grinder four or five three or four from the free throw line, three rebounds, one assis, one steal, one block.
Speaker 3: She had a of them.
Speaker 1: All around performance, Chelsea really haven't found Chelsea Gray really hadn't found a scoring stroke yet. All three from the three field goal or one from the free throw line. She only had one point. Hopefully, as they go a look, we only got two games left, so hopefully she can give them a little something because had she given them a little more to what she gave them. This game was really never closed, so we just met picking now Ocho. But they dominated from start to finish. Congratulations to the Nigerian team. I think they're the first South African team to make to reach this far right ash, the first reach this far one of my format and one of SSU alums. She's a point guard on this team, so congratulations to her.
Speaker 3: But the US team moves on.
Speaker 1: The American shot fifty four percent from the field, only twenty six percent from three, but really.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the matter.
Speaker 1: They dominated the glass forty four to twenty eight, so that was the plus sixteen bill. Now face Australia in the semifinals or spotting the gold medal round.
Speaker 6: They chased their eight straight goal medal. They gonna get that. They gonna get that. You know, them young ladies are special. Listen international play. As far as when it's women concern, they haven't caught up. They haven't caught up as opposed to how it is on the men's side. You know, any given same, any given game, like you said, one game, you know it can happen.
Speaker 5: Which which is not likely, but which is not likely. But the women are playing phenomenal. Everybody's not on. Everybody not playing efficient, but they're doing just enough. Asian Wilson leading the leading the pack, leading the way all the way through. I'm assuming outside of gold medals. Is there any other individual awards that the women can win. Agan Wilson probably gonna probably gonna leave with the m v P as well, So I mean this is I mean for them, you know, you might as well mail it in, mail it in, because they.
Speaker 4: They gonna get that. They're gonna get that goal.
Speaker 3: Well the Australia.
Speaker 1: I think in order for the Australians to beat the Team USA, they need to get bring back a twenty six year old Lauren Jackson. She's a three time former w n B a w NBA MVP and unless she comes back on that roster, don't I don't really see that happening, right. The women have really been dominant. Those two big guns, Breonna Stuart and Asia Wilson, they dominate. They combined for what sixteen rebounds?
Speaker 3: You know. Stewey was five or seven, two or three from the three.
Speaker 1: Asia was nine of eleven, Jackie Young was six or ten UH, Alicia Thomas was one of one. Bretney b g was four or five, Kelsey Plum was two or three, two or three from the three point line, Galil Cooper was two of six, one or four from the three UH and DT was one of three from the three, Jewel Lord was over of three one of six. Our guards really haven't played well, Ojo, with the exception of Jackie Young and Kelsey Plum the guards.
Speaker 3: Jewel Lord. I know she can play better.
Speaker 1: Khalil Cooper's kind of hit a miss a netscul She hadn't got a whole lot of minutes a lot of run.
Speaker 3: But I'm surprised that our guards haven't played better, uh than than than what they played.
Speaker 1: But when you got those big guns at the top, when you get Stewart, you get Asia BG coming off the bench and doing what he does.
Speaker 3: They did that, they don't Nobody has an answer for those.
Speaker 1: They don't until you figure out that mm hmm, because all you do, see, you're not problem solving, you troubleshoot. There's a difference between the two. Oh Joe, you know what I'm saying. Okay, you know, I just go trouble shoot until I can solve the problem. They just troubleshoot. They can't solve this nah.
Speaker 3: And by the time you realize it, they're gonna be long.
Speaker 1: By the time you solve this problem, which is Stewart in Asia, we're gonna be back home they're gonna be coming down the parade somewhere at the hometown celebrating the gold. But there ain't straight gold medal in women basketball. But congratulations to the women. Job well done, but it's not complete. Good job of getting through. You could have easily overlooked this Nigerian team, but that's not what you did. You came out, you handled business like you were supposed to. Man that you guys were intended. I saw Lebron, I saw Bam, I saw a d Buk, I saw a lot of people in Michael fifth was in attendance, Dirk was in attendance. I mean it was started studying, watching the latest play and hopefully the men, Hey, y'all see how the women did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't be bull driving around. They go and drop the ham on this thing. Early.
Speaker 1: They outscored him in the first quarter twenty eight seventeen. I scored him in the second quarter, No. Twenty six seventeen, and I scored him in the second quarter twenty six sixteen. Boom, fifty two to thirty three. All right, then we come out and do do a number on you in the third quarter twenty four thirteen.
Speaker 3: Whoop, there it is so it's over. It's over.
Speaker 1: So oh Joe, check this out. Yes, sir, Philippians Filipino. He's a Filipino. Carloos Yolo that my host weaver male Olympic gold medalist will get the bag after winning the winning the floor, winning the gold in the floor.
Speaker 3: This is what he gets.
Speaker 1: He gets a lifetime of free colonoscapiece once he turns forty five, twenty four right now.
Speaker 3: He don't really need.
Speaker 1: He gets a fully furnished condo worth over four hundred thousand dollars. He gets a house. Yes, sir, he gets two hundred and fifty thousand in cash. He gets an iPhone sixteen. We get two free restaurant franchises, a lifetype of free mac.
Speaker 3: And cheese, grilled chicken, ramen, and.
Speaker 1: More, various local from various local restaurants, and free college tuitions.
Speaker 4: Hey, where's he from again?
Speaker 3: The Philippines.
Speaker 4: He's from the Philippines. Now, you see, I think you know.
Speaker 5: See it's a little harder now, it will be a little harder for the US to do this because we have so many, so many individuals that will win gold, you know. But that's what you call taking care of your athletes that represent your country and win.
Speaker 1: Go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Now, that's that's how you do it. Not I think that.
Speaker 5: I mean, actually we can do it with the way we help other countries as well. Based on the money that we send them, we could do we could do something for athletes a little bit more than thirty seven goddamn thousand for sure.
Speaker 4: That's how you take care of your athletes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean, like I said, I mean, it's if it's tough, because thirty seven thousand.
Speaker 3: How you pay for training?
Speaker 5: He hell, oh, that's going to your trainer, that's going to your masseuse, that's going to your your therapist, and.
Speaker 4: Whatever else you got going on. By the time you look up, you got twelve hundred dollars left.
Speaker 3: Twelve hundred.
Speaker 1: You take it out a loan to pay the rest of the people, because hey, oh jo, they got trained to la trying to charge four hundred dollars a hour. So if you charge it, so imagine what of the trainer that's working with you five six days a week. Yeah, two three hours a day, how much we charging I could imagine it on basically two or three times a week.
Speaker 3: Right, how about they charging the phisio, right?
Speaker 5: Think about the people that took their family out there. Think about the price the hotels for to put your family up for three weeks. Think about the tickets that they had to get their family to sit in the stands and actually have good seat so you can enjoy the events.
Speaker 4: Add that up for three weeks. Maybe you get all that is over thirty seven thousand.
Speaker 3: Maybe you get one because you know what the Pro Bowl cho they give you.
Speaker 1: They give you one ticket, right, you could raid one, guess yes, Yeah, and they better be sleeping in the room with you because if you got another, rule you paying for that with jack.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it was two fifty a night. I don't know about by the time you started going, I don't know what it was. But when I was at the airline, it was two fifty at night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can't, I can't, I can't remember.
Speaker 5: But if that was thinking about the new one, yeah, think about what they did in Paris too, Just like they do with flights, when they know the events coming.
Speaker 4: Up, what do companies do.
Speaker 5: They hike up the price. Yeah, they have the price. So who knows what what hotel rooms costs. Who knows what transportation to get to them from the stadium costs.
Speaker 3: Man, that up?
Speaker 4: Man, you add up?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know they gonna jack the prices up. It's gonna be higher in giraffe. Huh so we already we already know the prices.
Speaker 3: Ticket, food, hotels, everything, trinkets.
Speaker 5: We ain't factor in eating. Got breakfast, lunch, you gotta have dinner. Yeah, come on now, yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, at least I want to treat myself, especially if I win a metal I'm gonna treat myself.
Speaker 3: Let me get me one of the old nice croissants. I heard so much about them.
Speaker 4: Hey, over that nice Now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You do, I go to the one of those nice fresh rest baby, get to Stratch batchy or something like.
Speaker 4: You got you gotta drink it.
Speaker 5: You gotta drink drinking, drink your coffee and your little tea with your pinky out. You gotta have pinky out, you know you gotta yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That little last cup with my big ass hands. Hey, I'm gonna have my three or four fingers out. Oh man, Maybe we talked, Maybe we talked some. Maybe have some s card. God, you know what I'm saying, Joe, we gotta try all that. Who have who snails?
Speaker 4: Who eating snail?
Speaker 3: That's a that's a delicacy, oh joe, man?
Speaker 4: And what country do people?
Speaker 3: But you want to lick told everything that in with old? You want to do that? But you want to eat no f cargo?
Speaker 4: Who in the work time? Come on, man, come on man, let let's come back down to earth. Please.
Speaker 5: I'm from Dade County. I'm from Liberty City. I've never heard of no no cargo?
Speaker 4: Who the hell?
Speaker 1: No not cargo? Cargo is like when you put the s cargo. Okay, so yeah, but y'all here, y'all here now now all of a sudden, you don't. I'm for a liberty city. But if some Liberty city is finest, he he'll lick anything to end.
Speaker 4: With an old. So you that see listen, you're not even living. You're not even living.
Speaker 5: If you ain't something no told you need no ass, you ain't living. I'm I'm I'm just saying, at some at.
Speaker 3: Some point, you have to ball. You stuck that go in with a tea with a who a tea?
Speaker 4: Cargo in with that s R G O. No, so they added ta on it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean so they just put they just put so just pretend. They just it's just like boot and they just put a wild to end and you eat that. So they just cargo to put tea on the end.
Speaker 3: You eat me.
Speaker 5: But listen, but you took that now what you what I'm eating is a delicacy. Now what you talk about, that's just nasty delicacy. Where don't nobody, no nobody cargo?
Speaker 3: How much is this cargo costs? Yeah?
Speaker 4: How much it costs?
Speaker 3: A pull it up?
Speaker 4: Don't nobody eat no damn snails?
Speaker 5: Like, come on, man, Now, maybe if you're part of the royal family and you live this lifestyle and you go to five star restaurants, maybe then yes, no, ain't nobody out the city?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, s car whatever the no, Come on, man, it's a hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Who as cargo? How much a hundred bucks?
Speaker 5: How you telling me something is a hundred bucks? They put in the restaurant. You can go outside and find it after they finished raining.
Speaker 1: Just like you told me you didn't want that spid of to bite me. Go out there and eat the wrong snails and see what happened. I bet you be cockroast in the morning.
Speaker 5: I'm not really They put up in there don't nobody know, Nobody in the chat. I guarantee you nobody in not chat had no at spargo. I guarantee you that guarantee you as Cargo.
Speaker 4: I said that.
Speaker 1: I said, yeah, just holdo, just just like caviar. You don't think caviar the delicacy too.
Speaker 5: Now listen, I know a boy caviar. You know how nobody caviar. I saw the movie Titanic. In the movie Titanic, they had caviar at the table.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I know about caviar. I know about that. I ain't eating that either.
Speaker 3: I ain't. I ain't.
Speaker 4: That ain't even my palate.
Speaker 3: It's itself. It's you know, it comes from Sturge. It who it comes from Sturgeon?
Speaker 4: Where do you find Sturgeon at?
Speaker 1: And the ocean? I think off the coast of Russia. What's Thealtic? What's what's off the coach? What ocean is off the coast of Russia?
Speaker 3: Shoot?
Speaker 1: Yeah, black sea, black black Surgeon, Yes, man. And this market price a lot of it. Sometimes it's like two three hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Dons see you know, you know what they do.
Speaker 5: They find stuff and they they put their price on it. Can they tell you how important it is, and then they mark the price after we're paying for it.
Speaker 4: It just like sneakers.
Speaker 5: It cost two dollars to make sneakers, and sneakers come over here, make your own d I could.
Speaker 3: I can't go ahead and do it. Let's say, how don't work out for you?
Speaker 4: No? No, everybody, oh somebody gonna nobody gonna support me that.
Speaker 3: But oh Joe, think about it.
Speaker 1: In the restaurant, when you pay seventy dollars for a steak, how much have they actually paid for that steak?
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, that's a great question.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you do know, you know when you go look at when you go to whole food and you go to the supermarket, you food.
Speaker 4: Now go to publics and when Dixie, you know.
Speaker 1: When Dixie your public's go look and see how much they pay for a state that you paying eighty dollars for. Well, now remember the restaurant they buying it and bought so they even less than that.
Speaker 3: So just think about it. So when even when the supermarket, when they buy they mark it.
Speaker 4: Up right, So you know what you huh, you go to say you haven't been the same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I used to have a car.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. Yeah, I'm I'm real efficient with it. I'm very efficient with it.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying, oh, Joe, you know that's how business work.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, yes, sir, I understand that for the most part, but you have you also have to understand. I'm not going thewhere where I'm buying a steak for seventy eighty dollars though that's that's.
Speaker 3: Not even if you buy fish.
Speaker 1: No matter what you buy, you're paying three times four times what it costs for them to make it.
Speaker 3: How about that?
Speaker 1: So whatever you buy, okay, you buy pasta, you by Rahmen, whatever you buy, when you pay four dollars, five dollars, six dollars for that drink, it didn't cost that.
Speaker 4: I got a question for you. I got one for you right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love.
Speaker 4: It's a Jamaican restaurant that I frequent very often.
Speaker 5: Also Bahama breeds, Bahama breeds, I wull and get the jerk chicken pasta from Obama Breeds extra chicken nor asparagus. Now there's a restaurant and when would call dunkanow that I love? I get they jerk chicken pasta. So are you telling me that they buy their pasta and bolt and it's it's marked up.
Speaker 3: That's how restaurants make money. Yeah, if they've done it. If they say, if I said, if everybody sold you something what they paid for it, why am I in business? Right?
Speaker 4: So you got to make it.
Speaker 1: You got to know how much the Bengals paid you, The Bengals paid you X dollars? How much you actually think they made off you?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, A lot, a lot, A lot a lot. Yeah, I understand that part.
Speaker 5: But also, and you know that I do like the places I go to eat and dine at are or are way friendly. It ain't it ain't expensive like where I go.
Speaker 1: Even on restaurants, Oh joe, the price is marked up two three times what they actually cost to make it.
Speaker 3: Right, That's how they stay in business. When when people go out of business, why do they go out of business?
Speaker 5: So joot, ain't ain't no customers even.
Speaker 1: If you get customers for the Yeah, as long as you get customers, because you you're charging three four.
Speaker 3: Times what it costs. Right, So now I can make a I can make I can make a profit, make.
Speaker 1: A price just in business just to keep the lights on. Uh huh, I mean I got to put a little something in my pocket, o Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah see, I'm glad. I'm glad you're saying this.
Speaker 5: So you know fellers out there that's being tricked into taking these women to these nice, fancy restaurants and it's marked up.
Speaker 4: You're paying four five all of the night. You see what you see what they do? You see what they do now, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: But here is the thing the women, the mistake that women make. They're trying to trick the wrong guys. Got your guy that got the money to be tricked. You trying to trick a guy that's making fifty thousand, You need to go try to trigger guy that's making one to eight ten twelve.
Speaker 5: Million, But you can't because the ones that's making one to eight twelve men ain't gonna talk to him anyway.
Speaker 1: But here, what the thing is is that the guy that is making that money, he's trying to get the one that's looking at the guy, so he got to get tricked off.
Speaker 3: Yeah see how that works, Ojoe? Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, So that's bad.
Speaker 3: That's bad.
Speaker 4: That's bad for the middle class man.
Speaker 3: Even swamp ain't no swindle, o Joe.
Speaker 4: Where you ain't never lie. You ain't never lied about that.
Speaker 3: If you use me, I'll use you for the day. We part ways.
Speaker 4: You get you get with you one hands or the other.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, so that's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You know, you kiss her, I mean you trying to trick how you gonna treat trigger guy that ain't really he ain't got.
Speaker 3: That to be tricked off? Yeah, yeah, that's if he got he got. You know, obviously most people have mortgage to a rent or whatever the case may be. Cards.
Speaker 1: If you allow a woman to trick you off your money and you ain't got it like that, you got to have disposable income.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, while you know, I saw I saw something today they said only six percent, only six percent of Americans make over one hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Only six percent of Americans make over one hundred thousand. I look at when I.
Speaker 5: Look at Instagrams, when I look at Twitter, and the way people talk, you would think everybody living that life. So somebody lying either that either that stat and that percentage is wrong, or everybody that had got some type of hustle I don't know about, and they get into the bag, because everybody look rich, every talk rich, everybody lying.
Speaker 1: Everybody. Don't female look good too, don't they? You got filters? Uh huh, you feel to the look they filter them pockets. They go out and rent out of house, they rent a jet, they don't, they don't. They pretend they're own vacation. They right there in Santa Monica, right there in my head.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's all a facade, man.
Speaker 3: I enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I enjoy looking at the aesthetics. And sometimes, you know what, I'm gonna be honest with you. Sometimes I like to go to Instagrams, Right, I go to Instagrams and I look at people's pages, and I look at what they what they have on, what they're wearing. And I'm not I'm not pocket watching.
Speaker 4: But I'll add up. I'll add up knowing the prices of stuff, and I'll.
Speaker 5: Go through five pictures and I'd be like, well, god damn, now that's about goddamn eighty thousand dollars right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't even know who man, who is you?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: And just you know, and just going back my day, just just think about it. It's a facade. It's not it's not real life. It's not reality. It can fool a lot of people. Those aesthetics can fool a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Now, Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: And that's O Joe. And that's what happens. You get people in debt. I mean thinking about just think about how much credit card debt. You know me, I've always you know, hey, I'm paying off at the end, whatever the case may be. I'm only going to spend what I could what I could afford to get off of the month. You know, I got my okay monthly allowance. What I can spend. I'm trying to stay below that. So at the end of the year, if I choose to get me something, I can get me something. But man, if you look at Instagram, man, I had me, had me calling my age, Hey, man, I need to renegotiate my contract.
Speaker 4: Don't believe it. It's all faciety and don't don't don't believe it at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like, come on, man, Yeah, but they ain't doing it like that, O Joe. You know I know better, man, I know better.
Speaker 4: You know I know better.
Speaker 1: Well, even if they are, I ain't doing it like that. Trying to keep up with you ass and I ain't doing it like that, trying to press you.
Speaker 3: I got what I got.
Speaker 1: I got a nice home, water works, the airwork. I got a car that got a car in one of the in two of the stalls, one of the buildy. And that's okay too. I'm past that stage, Jojo. I've had had a Ferrari, had a Bentley, had Roy, had a six hundred bands, had.
Speaker 3: A range Rover and a Denomine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in order to drive the Ferrari, I gotta drive two cars down the hill, walk back up the hill to get the Ferrari to pull out. Then I pulled a Ferrari back in. I gotta go pull the charges back up in the driveway, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, listen, I did it. I did it. I didn't listen me and you both.
Speaker 5: I think we all have we all have had that. I had that stage for maybe two years. I had that stage for maybe two years, and Uncle, I got to a point where like, well, you know what, this is a waste. This is I'm not not really a waste because you're you're supposed to enjoy your fruiture lady. What we what we do as athletes is we get caught up in the image. We get caught up in the all right, all right, I have to dress like this. All Right, I got I got a buy the jury, I got to wear the Jerry. I gotta look a certain way. I have to drive a certain car. But with anything, really, the value is really set.
Speaker 4: It's within you.
Speaker 5: The bigger you can make your name, the less you need all the necessories. But I got to a point I got about year four or five. Well, hell I didn't need I didn't need no damn Ferrari. Hell I didn't need no goddamn Rode Jorris. I didn't need all the extra shit at that point because I was O Joe the visibility. No matter where I went, you knew who it was. So what's the point of that?
Speaker 4: If? I mean, never mind, that's we all off Olympic topic.
Speaker 1: My bad. But the thing was that when I saw Miami Vice, I saw crockingty tubs and they driving Ferraris and they got rod Lexus and they talk about all this stuff, and you're talking about a poor kid from Rule South Georgia.
Speaker 3: I remember say I'm gonna get it when I saw that car.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you gotta enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna get that one when I got that was the first. I ain't nobody at that point in time. Ain't nobody know nobody, no protect and no Autumn hars. Ain't nobody nobody anything, no vacheron, No, No, ain't nobody know. The only thing you knew about was a time Max Asako, a bullet bark and a Rolex.
Speaker 4: Man, if you had a Rolet, yeah what especially back then?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, if you had a Roleck, I already knew you. I got a Rolet.
Speaker 1: You wasn't gonna be able to hit me in the ass with a red apple. You are talking about big big yeah. Oh no, man, I had to get me one on joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah and so.
Speaker 1: But but like you said, my financial guy he was. He was talking to me, he said, Shannon, mhm. You work all these hours. Think about what you do at some point in time from September last year until May of this year. You doing seven eight shows on an easy day, on an easy week, up to ten mm for what if.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna enjoy it?
Speaker 1: You do realize if you leave here you did all that work and really ain't getting no enjoyment out of it. It's it's okay, I'm not telling you to go try to buy island or try to buy fifteen cars.
Speaker 3: Enjoy yourself. Yes, hirh. So hey.
Speaker 1: Set up my brother to the dealership. Ask my sister what she wanted. My sister likes you, baby bro. I don't want nothing. Yeah, God to give me everything. You say, y'all, y'all keep a roof.
Speaker 3: Over my head.
Speaker 1: My car good?
Speaker 3: She said, I don't want nothing. Yeah, my brother said I do.
Speaker 4: I said.
Speaker 5: You know the funny thing about it is, so you got to write people around you. You got the people around you that got structure. You got the people around you that got disciplined. Now the rest from a young folk, they got them entourages that's.
Speaker 4: Gonna keep on bleed you. They gonna bleed you. They gonna bleed you. They gonna bleed you no matter how much they pay you. Nowadays, I don't care what the numbers look like.
Speaker 5: In today's NFL eighty seven ninety percent of us still go broke.
Speaker 4: It hasn't changed. Yeah, the number is still staggering, even though the money is different. So what does that tell you?
Speaker 5: Our discipline hasn't changed. There's no structure or financial discipline at all. Still to this day, our mindset, especially our people. Well, hell, the more you give me, the better I be with it.
Speaker 4: No, because the more they give you, the more you're gonna spend.
Speaker 1: Could guess whatever time about Joe Man. Hey, hey Sean, let you boy get some Super Bowl ticket. I know they give them to you for free.
Speaker 4: Shit huh.
Speaker 3: All right, yeah right, I'm like, bro, what are you talking about? Free?
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing free but Salvation and tem evangelists have found a way to charge for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they talking about the NFL. Think about the NFL where they bottom dollar is money. But you think they gonna give us something free?
Speaker 1: The NFL, like the r S, they received checks. They don't be writing the CBS box, NBC, ESPN, Amazon.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna become a minister because they because they're charging for prosperity.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, you Hey, you gotta pay for the word. Now, Hey, I gotta pay for.
Speaker 1: The word when it comes time to collection play, I'm playing the collection rking around. Yeah, I'm gonna say, you know, God don't like noise.
Speaker 3: You don't don't put God don't like God. Don't he don't I said, he? I know.
Speaker 1: Now normally when I passed this played around, y'all. Think y'all at the game. Here come the wave, y'all. Let the pain go through her arm.
Speaker 4: Put some in there now.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have an ATM machine there too.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's it's for the for the building fund, for the windows.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, windows. But uh, you're right O your s cargo O R E s A R go ot s cargo. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't Yeah, I'm cool on that. I don't need know.
Speaker 5: I ain't eating no snails. If I want some snails, I can go right outside and find one, Okay.
Speaker 1: Hampton Mars wins the first US men's weightlifting medal in forty years. Basically, you got to go back. I think we won two medals in nineteen eighty four when the games were in LA. He won the bronze medal sixty four sixty one kilo division. Mars moved the bar fourd the second attempt and was successful on one hundred and seventy two kilogram that's three hundred and seventy nine pounds.
Speaker 3: I think it was the clean cleaning jerk medal position. At three hundred.
Speaker 1: He was locked into a medal and he went for the cleaning jerk world record attemp three hundred and ninety two pounds and came up a little short.
Speaker 3: If I'm not mistaken, he's from mary or to Georgia.
Speaker 4: That's what we do if I'm Marriott. Yeah, you say, you think you're probably from Florida.
Speaker 1: And and he ain't got no driver's license, he said, he said, my dad, he said, my dad and my mom, my grandma. They drive me everywhere. So I didn't really need I don't didn't know I really needed one, he said, I'll probably get one now. But yeah, I think he's what what you say as she's twenty.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty one, he's twenty big boy, No, he's small. So sixty one kilogram.
Speaker 1: Uh, that means he weighs one hundred and thirty like one hundred and thirty five pounds, less than one hundred and thirty five. So sixty kilograms is one thirty two, so sixty one point so he's one thirty one thirty five. I'm a sixty one kilogram I don't know my math. You know, once we got passed for Rithmond, you know timetable.
Speaker 3: That wasn't good one.
Speaker 1: See oh Joe, you see he love hey, you see you see your boy had those those those sixty kilograms.
Speaker 4: What Yeah.
Speaker 5: In fact, I forgot to see you. I forgot to see my video doing the dump, doing the hundred, doing the.
Speaker 3: So that's that's two sixty.
Speaker 1: You see what I'm saying, O Joe, you ain't a lady if you ain't won eighty two ten, Your boy two.
Speaker 4: Twenty I had a plenty plenty yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Two thirty. I get real dirty. I'm just saying, Oh Joe, I just say it. I'm just just want you to know now, just want you to do. That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm playing right there. Shoot uh French Track and Field as after Lee alisonful note.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Man Pete in the three thousand meters steeple chase event, finishing fourth in the race, having just missed the podium by three seconds. Although she didn't secure a metal, she finished with a time of eight minutes fifty eight point sixty seven seconds, breaking the Europeans steeple chase records. After the race, she surprised her boyfriend by luring to one knee and proposing to him. He accept her proposal and the two embraced and the crowd of lauded.
Speaker 3: That's right. Listen.
Speaker 4: You might not have listened.
Speaker 5: She might not have medal, but she, just like Jamie Fox or Denzel said, I'm leaving here with something.
Speaker 1: She is she said, she said that if I run under nine minutes, which she ran eight minutes, eight minutes fifty eight, some change, yes, sir, and they had been together for nine years.
Speaker 5: Oh, I see what I see. I see that's better context. That's better context.
Speaker 3: But I like it. I like it.
Speaker 5: Listen, if the traditions, forget the traditions. I know how things are supposed to go. The man is supposed to propose, it's supposed.
Speaker 4: To be romantic. Forget that.
Speaker 5: I think more women need to be assertive mm hm and proposed to your man, matter of fact, be a certain proposal. You man, you'll find out you're wasting your time anyway, because he's probably gonna say no.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: You probably have no had no plan to marry you anyway. So I mean, it'll say you.
Speaker 5: Some time if you took the initie and been assertive and proposed to man, and watch what happened, watching much time you saved because half of them. If I mean, if one hundred of y'all in relationships right now. He'll probably say no, I'll tell you no, lie, and probably ain't got no plan on marrier. So I I kudos to her because I know a lot of women that's frowned upon.
Speaker 3: For sure.
Speaker 4: I would never do nothing like that.
Speaker 1: I would never the thing. Come on, man, we have non traditional women that want traditional values. Right.
Speaker 4: You can't have both now, you can't have it both ways.
Speaker 3: I ain't cooking for no man. Or I want him to propose. I ain't doing this. I want him to open doors. She ain't doing this, but I need him to do that with damn you won't you?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 3: You you want traditional, but you're non traditional, right?
Speaker 4: And times are different now, you know. I mean, I love I love my I love my my women, all of them.
Speaker 5: Whatever your expectations are, whatever you feel you you you are worthy of by all means, go for it. At times those expectations are unrealistic, you know. But if you think you're going to find it, if you're a hopeless romantic, I want you to go for what you want. I want you to, but sometimes you got to be a sertive. Sometimes you got to take the initiative especially when it's somebody you won't right now sliding the DM holler at him, stop sitting around waiting forget, forget eye contact, have some horness put them.
Speaker 1: Bob, say no, no, no, no, no, no, no what don't even look? You need to tell me. You too need to come and say, hey, excuse me? Are you sharing the shark?
Speaker 4: Right right?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, yeah, I find you very attractive. There we go. Can I give you my phone number?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Oh not with this me too movement.
Speaker 1: Don't you look at me if I ain't no winking, I ain't doing none of that right right, You're never going Oh shut the sharp made me feel uncomfort I oh no, I don't even open the door for Joe. You're never gonna tell shut the shop, open the door and looked at my butt. I'm gonna let that door slap right on your foot.
Speaker 4: I see where you're going.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you so if you come in behind me, the dog go probably hit you in the head if you're not paying attention, cause you're never gonna get You're never gonna get me.
Speaker 3: Y'all have ruined it. I don't get on no elevator. I don't care if you got yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm just telling you that cause y'all, y'all have ruined it. Anytime somebody say, you can't say a woman look nice. You can't say that's a great outfit you have right before they take it some type of way and here you are, you an hr and no, So I'm done with it.
Speaker 4: You can you can't. You can't be nice. You can't be nice.
Speaker 5: Know everything, every everything you say, it's just it's you. He tried to holler at me or oh he was in my d M, and it's just all I mean that.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, Jen, I was like Jenny, you know Jenny jem my home team, Jennifer Many, I call it Jennifer Minnie Hall market at caller on team. I was like, Jenny, you look nice today. Man, you had me up in the office so quick. I was like, Bro, I just said, I just said she looked nice.
Speaker 3: Damn right right right, say no more. Y'all ain't got to tell me. But once my head ain't hard, It ain't.
Speaker 4: It's it's crazy the times that we're in now. I mean, it's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bro, we like.
Speaker 1: We had gone to breakfast, we do stuff together. I met her husband. We gone out the gentleman me and a husband, me a brother, the mom and dad. Right, I said, it's cool, though, it's cool. Yeah, no, no, it's it's cool. I say, I take your word for it. Me and y'all said I shouldn't do it. I ain't gonna do it, right, Quincy Hall that y'all posted a personal best. He ran the second fastest time ever run in the Olympics. He picked the best time to post a personal best. Yeah, fourth fastest time ever, let us think, in the fourth fastest time ever in a comfort behind victory.
Speaker 3: He ran the fact I mean exhausted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I left it a he left it on the track on. That's what you call when coach say leave it out there, when somebody tell you leave it all out there and then hold on, not only to leave it all out there, to leave it out there in the biggest on the biggest stage, in a pressure moment like that. When you were you in fourth place, you weren't even on the podium coming off that goddamn curve.
Speaker 4: You weren't even in the podium.
Speaker 1: But look at the times you had four guys that ran sub forty four. Yeah, I mean you had so many guys. I mean Hudson Smith, he ran a personal best you had. I forget the other guy from Namibia? Is it Nambia? Is it Nambia?
Speaker 3: Namibia?
Speaker 1: Namibia? Namibia? He ran a national rap Uh we know from Grenado. What's his name? I can't forget his name, but uh he he won the gold medal, He's won a civil medal, he's been a Brone medal, he's been a world champion.
Speaker 3: So we know what he represents from Grenada. Mm hmm, bruy.
Speaker 1: And when you exhausted, o Jo, We've all been there. If you're an athlete, you know what it's like to be dog tired. I'm talking about a and you don't want to go. But there's something that's inside of you. He said, Bro, you got all that training. That's what people don't get. Training comes down to a moment. We talk about it all the time. Game come down to a moment, a moment, not the entire of the game. It's a moment moment. Will you capture that moment.
Speaker 3: When it's he did that.
Speaker 1: He don't have the prettiest form. Hey, he threw that head, you know when I saw it throw them head back back.
Speaker 4: You know what time it is.
Speaker 3: I need all that remind me.
Speaker 1: When I was in the country, I had on short i was barefooted with no shirt on, and I'm racing my brother and cousin there so farm out the window.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to come in first. Yeah that's it. Oh but boy, he dug down.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did, he did.
Speaker 3: And you can't.
Speaker 4: You can't teach that man. That's that's hard. That's that's hard.
Speaker 1: He ran the final fifty meters and five point nine seconds, the best in the field.
Speaker 3: Oh yo, you went back and forth with him on Twitter to day.
Speaker 4: That my dog.
Speaker 3: Now that my dog.
Speaker 4: So you know he hit you, you know, talk about you know y'all still paying with you.
Speaker 5: I told the man, shoot, if you you want some money when you come back to the States, we can line it up and do it.
Speaker 4: And listen.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, if listen, there's pressure in that environment in Paris, represent your country. But it's a different kind of pressure when you got the race against he's got to raise Oh give me because and listen, let me tell you. Let me tell you about me in high school, right I was. I was the class six, say state champ in the four hundred. Now, I ran a forty two. I ran a forty two in high school. But my coach and my grandma told me I had to pick between track of football, so football was my route.
Speaker 4: So my listen, my record still stands to today. And Quincy hit me back, right, Okay, bet I give you thirty meters. I give you thirty meters and I still beat you. So we got we gonna we got that lined up.
Speaker 5: We're gonna race. We're gonna race when you get back to the States. And that's if he beat me, he gets twenty five grand.
Speaker 1: Karate Karate drank karate James. That's the Grenadian. He's been a where he's won the Olympic goal, he's won silver, he's won bronze. Uh, he was off the podium. I think he ran forty three eight. Obviously we saw Quincy Hall run forty three four, Hudson Smith run forty three four, forty three point four four, I mean roll, I mean that was that was some back and forth running. I mean, it's been a long time since we've seen a race of that.
Speaker 5: Just the four hundred come down to that, which race, which which finish you think was better? Quincy's with mister Hooker, Is it Hooker? I used to I said, yeh which Coharker? Which which finish you think was better?
Speaker 3: Both were unexpected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a guy that had he has I think Ingle Bristin has like the second or third fastest fifteen hundred meters ever.
Speaker 3: The record is three twenty six flat by elgar Rouche.
Speaker 1: Ingle Bristin ran three twenty six ninety eight, seventy eight, something like that. And then you had Josh Kerr. So you had the reigning Olympic champ, you had the reigning world champ in that field and he out kicked them all. You had a Quincy Hall that Quincy Hall had the fastest time, and then Hudson Smith in a tune up meet before then Olympics broke that he ran like forty three seventy four, forty three seventy five to take over the world lead.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If I have to say, considering we haven't won.
Speaker 1: Now, Matt Thu Synthwitz, he did win the fifteen hundred meters in twenty sixteen in Rio, but his time was really slow. Right, we haven't won. We haven't run this race since two thousand. We had seven straight from eighty four to two thousand and eight. We waited, it wasn't close.
Speaker 3: We we did it. We did it right a lot of times. We swept the podium. H damn Ojoe.
Speaker 1: Given who Cole Hawker beat right, the reigning Olympic, the reigning world.
Speaker 3: Champion fifteen hundred meters.
Speaker 1: Right, you think that we thought that Quincy Hall was gonna at least make the podium, considering the way he had been running, Right, we thought he would make the podium. I don't think anybody thought because Jared the Goose had a faster time.
Speaker 3: Coming into it.
Speaker 1: When you beat your record by three full seconds, right, lic hair, because you gotta fact that, no allows, I mean, look what it came down to.
Speaker 3: Uh, but the America.
Speaker 1: And like I said, we were talking about it earlier, oh Joe at at the top of the broadcast. It's like just when we thought, man ain't nothing top of this hundred meter fat finals, right, And then Cole Harker says, watch this, yeah, and we talk about cold man, look at Cold, look at Cold, And Quinsy said, hello.
Speaker 4: Bro hold my hold my beer. Christy said, hold my beer, let me show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh Joe, we gotta we gotta we gotta talk about beer. What happened? Yay?
Speaker 4: You made me nervous?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 4: You got you you got you got excited? Right, you got excited?
Speaker 3: Michael Norman, Michael Norman has too much talent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you scared me. Okay, okay, he.
Speaker 3: Got too much talent. O Joe, you think to finish it last?
Speaker 4: You think the pressure got to him again.
Speaker 1: It always does in the big meat. The man's run forty three four and he looked good and and and qualifying. He ran forty fourteen, right, and then he goes forty four twenty six, which is okay, but he looked like he was laboring.
Speaker 3: The band ran forty five twenty six.
Speaker 4: His legs. It got to be his legs. Huh got with his line?
Speaker 3: He ain't got that what Quincy got any?
Speaker 1: And I think and his his coach is Quincy Watts, who won the who won the ninety two goal right, who also a trained rye. But and Joanna and Joanna Hayes. Joanna Hayes, she wonted to the goal. I'm trying to think what you're a Joanna one? Was it two thousand or four where you're the Joanna Hayes whin the hurdles. It's either two thousand or two thousand and four. Damn yeah, she wanted oh four.
Speaker 5: Well at that moment you say this about moments sometimes, you know, sometimes it's difficult to show up in that moment a different.
Speaker 3: Side of you.
Speaker 1: But you know what, O Joe, we are what we repeatedly do, right. Therefore it is not a singular act. It's a habit.
Speaker 3: He has a habit. Hold on a big moments of doing this.
Speaker 4: Hold on, I got to write that down. Hold on, we are Wait, I said, how you said that we are what we are.
Speaker 3: What we repeatedly do. Therefore it is not a singular act. It is a habit. Habit if you could if if all you do is lie, how can I sit call you anything else but a liar?
Speaker 4: But that's a good one. I got to say that for my next argument.
Speaker 1: And in big moments in Tokyo. His mom he's of Asian descent. His mom is from Japan.
Speaker 3: I just knew.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I think it was the year after Fred and he was he was a prodigy, Yes, sir, from the goal.
Speaker 1: So after Fred Curley runs the fastest time in NCAA history, he comes behind him and break Fred Curley's record.
Speaker 3: He's running routinely sub forty four.
Speaker 1: He's run I think he's run forty forty three, forty nine, forty three, forty something.
Speaker 3: And in big moments. Yeah, ooh, you see the difference, you see Fred Curley. Fred Curley this year, he had.
Speaker 1: Some injuries, he had some had some shoe issues, he had block issues. The boy when it comes down, like like black Cat said, boy boy, when we line up on that line, we gonna see who the bad Yeah yeah, yeah, Quincy Hall, Hey, let's line it up right. We ain't gonna do all that talking. You all the buffer, your guns and well why are we doing others talking? But spikes on.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Everybody different. Everybody. Everybody's built.
Speaker 5: Some people are built for that pressure moment in that big stage, and some people aren't. Some people fold, some people don't. Some people welcome it, some people shy away from it.
Speaker 4: But it all depending on how you're built.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting. I'm not putting not Michael Normal on that four by four. He ain't coming nowhere near. Rod Benjamin is gonna run anchor leg because he has the most experience, experience in the in the Olympics and World Championships are running that. Quincy Hall is gonna probably run second leg. I'm gonna take Deadman, and I'm gonna take Burning Norwood. I'm gonna I'm gonna take the guy that finished. I think he finished like so seventh. He was an American, he ran like forty four six. Who's the other American that that finished the race. But I'm not but but but I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not putting my coel normal on the I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Guys, I just can't do it. I can't trust him. Yeah, damn, now we're good enough. Look our quarter miles were good enough. Yeah, with Quincy because if it's close, Rye is a low right is a low forty four guy. So I know on a fly he can run sub forty four. Quincy Hall just proved Quincy Hall can on a fly, he can be really low forty three. He might be forty three to two forty three one. And so I'm gonna take uh. I think it's Bailey. I think Bailey is his last name. But I'm taking I'm taking Bay, I'm taking Rye, I'm taking Quincy. I'm taking Bailey. And I'm either taking Deadman or Vernon Norwood normally, like, let Vernon Norwood start, because he normally gonna give me a consistent mid forty four.
Speaker 3: I can live with that. I can live with that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna let second Leg be Quincy because I need him. If I don't have space, I don't need to open up. And then I'll go to Bailey and then I let brid bring it home, right, I like, yeah, yeah, I just, I just I just I just can't.
Speaker 3: I just can't. I just can't.
Speaker 1: Rob Benjamin said on the hopes that more Americans fans can get behind and support nor Allows. Noah has been guarding a lot of hate from a US fan and it's kind of sad to see he was depressed in twenty twenty one. A lot of people like to say, let's focus on mental health and da dad, you go out and trash it here because he's chasing his dream and he's doing things and speaking things and the fruition. So from my tweet wasn't geared towards anyone specific fractions of track community. I got some I got some hate too. Of a lot of people said, Okay, if I don't win, then they're going to be on my head. It's just kind of sad. To be honest with you. My whole thing is don't preach mental health and then go do that. I agree because the guy we were, the guy we were talking about yesterday, Franklin.
Speaker 3: You know what he tweeted. He's saying right now one of his least favorite American is no Allows. Yeah. Now, I just want to Hey, I'm not saying name the country.
Speaker 1: What Jamaican You think they're gonna treat and say, my least favorite Jamaican is Stanny Thompson, My least favorite My least excuse me about Jamaican is Jerika Jackson A Shelley and Fraser a hands a parchment.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm, which what okay?
Speaker 3: What other country give me a country name? They give it a country free in France. But that's what we do. Yeah, but what if Franklin who Franklin looked like, is he is?
Speaker 1: He? Is? He a complexon of Noah and they want to and they wonder why. Yeah, so you couldn't keep that to yourself.
Speaker 3: You wanted the world to know.
Speaker 1: You want to be our world to know that your least favorite American somebody that has done something that hadn't been done in twenty years, still at the top of the porliam at the Olympics, at the hunter of meter dash, and you say your least favorite American. I just want to know why everything that he's saying, please celebrate it more. You saying boat, you say, you saying we're doing all this in front of the camera. And I ain't got no problem with it. He pulled, he doing the lightning boat. Muhammad our least spoke it.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's that's some personal. That's some that's some personal that there might be something we don't know about because that there's reason. There's no reason not to like someone someone you don't even know specifically. But you know how we do we we we cast her We cast a stone on people that we might not like based on whatever whatever may He might not like the way he carry himself. Hell, he might not like the way he run. He might not like the fact that he paints his nails. Whatever it may be, there's a reason he doesn't like him. It can't be because of track, because he's the gold medal within one hundred, but because of that, that's something personal.
Speaker 1: But I'm just I just I just won't of the other communities to say, my least favorite Asian American is somebody that's participating for their country.
Speaker 3: They don't get that.
Speaker 4: Now, the whites, they don't do that to eat.
Speaker 1: Us.
Speaker 3: But we quit, let's support and the first chance we get, we'll trash one another.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it's always It's always been like that. That's that's always been.
Speaker 1: I just need somebody to expect and context. I just need to know why No Allowed is your least favorite American.
Speaker 4: You know, everybody ain't gonna like everybody. You know how that go.
Speaker 5: There's always gonna be something everybody not gonna be. Might not be your cup of tea. There's nothing you could do about that.
Speaker 4: You might They probably don't even know why.
Speaker 3: You like somebody that you don't even know. I guarantee that man ain't never met No allows you.
Speaker 1: Normally, you're supposed to have a disliking for somebody that and and that's me jo, because here's my thing. Everybody like man I don't like such and such. Okay, but he ain't done nothing. Man, I don't know him, I don't know her, So why am I disliking him? Because you dislike him.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: You know it's got to be a yeah, that's that's that's the way we are. We we've always been like that. That's just that's just society. That's just human nature. You know, everybody's not gonna like everybody. Everybody's not gonna be everybody's cup of tea. That's why you just focus on those that do like you, and know if you out there running for us, you run for those who support you. Those who don't support you, fuck them. That's just I just want to be bad.
Speaker 3: I just won't. I just won't.
Speaker 1: Like, I just want us to support one another. Don't talk about it, Let's be about it. Yeah, in all things. Yeah, I just I just I like you said, look uh then, like like rit said, you know, mental health, mental.
Speaker 5: Health, man, they listen, that's just I mean. But this is a doggy dog world, right, It's a doggy dog world. And they can only protect you for so long. They can only protect you for so long. When you're out there in that real world, people.
Speaker 4: Don't care about you. They don't care that about you.
Speaker 5: They're gonna say what they want to. They're gonna trash it. They're gonna talk about you. You know they're gonna throw that stone, they gonna have that hand, They're gonna play victim. You know, mental health is very important, but in the real world, they can only protect.
Speaker 3: You for so long. Oh cho.
Speaker 1: Had no allows did all that talking and celebrates that I'm the fastest man. He hopping up. They got pictures of steel shots. He hopping up his butt, hiding people's head. He done jumping them off the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now he don't make the podium or he finished last place. Okay, you want to say, man, you did all that talking, right and look what you look and look what happened. Okay, but to go as far as says he's like one of my least favorite Americans right now. Yeah, that's all the people. Yeah, but like you said to each his own, Noah, you got more people that support you and like you that don't support you and don't like you. So hey, no Ahllows advanced in the two hundred meters, but he only finished second in it's heat behind it.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 5: I think he did it on perfect because he did the same thing in the semis and the hundred. I think I think I think he won't. I think he want that far lane, But.
Speaker 1: You don't know what lane you're gonna get, what lane he gonna get because of the fastest time get lane choice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well who had the fastest time, Arion Tobogo. He his time was faster than Yeah, he's the only one to go sub.
Speaker 3: He was the only one to go sub. If I'm not mistaken, to go sub twenty and and.
Speaker 1: If you go back and look when Noah ran one of his fastest time to Bogo pushed him all the way to the line, they both ran nine to five, if I'm not mistaken. So we know Noah has the American record in nineteen thirty one.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But go look at you bogo time. Now he ain't no slots. Now he broke Michael Johnson had the world record three hundred meter wave. Van knee Kirk broke Michael's record to mogo broke Knee Kirk record.
Speaker 3: Right, So he has speed and he had an endurance.
Speaker 7: Yeah he got it plus plus he's a low forty four four hundred guys. Yeah, so he got that means yeah, that means he got strength and endurance to learn.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, boy, I think he pleaded Nigga Noah playing chess. He gonna double. I think he's gonna double. He's gonna double.
Speaker 3: I hope, I hope he does. That's the one you want. You want to get one of those. You want to get one of those preferential lanes.
Speaker 4: Right right, right right, five six seven mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Because I want to be at the top of the curve. About Joe, I would to be at the top of the curve, So ay catch him if you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when when is the final? They got it tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Tomorrow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, at what two o'clock twelve? Well the twelfth is o'liles got laying five? Oh?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a good like he good, he good, he goes.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Tobaco must be in lane six because at the fast time we get the prefferd. Some people like, you know, four, five six, A lot of time you look at Carston Warholme, he liked to be in the far lane. He likes to be in lane seven, right, some people like the far lanes. Eleven thirty out of times two thirty your time about your eleven thirty times?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Bett?
Speaker 1: If you remember when Wade van knee Kirk, when he broke the world record in Rio.
Speaker 3: He was in lane eight mm hm, and they couldn't catch a moot. Joe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you if you want your horse, if you on your horse and lay eight, you already out there.
Speaker 3: It's hard already.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, oh Joe, it's hard to gauge because, yeah, they they're pacing off you, but you don't know what's going on behind you.
Speaker 3: He just took off.
Speaker 1: He took off, and Leasehawan Merrick and Karan James they couldn't catch him. I mean, but he ran a race of a lifetime. He ran forty three oh three. Do you know how, Like I said, I'm old enough to remember when a lot of the world. I mean, I've seen one hundred go down so many times, I mean from the eighties to the nineties and now the four hundred. I remember when Butcher broke the record in eighty eight, and then Michael broke it in ninety nine in Seville, and then Knee Kirk broke it in twenty sixteen. So I'm old enough to remember that. I've seen a lot of you know, forty sub I didn't think somebody could run back. I didn't think he could run that fast, right, that fast? I mean people don't realize how sub forty four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and move on.
Speaker 1: He almost ran sub forty three. There's only been too many in the history to ever run sub forty three on the fly. That's on the fly, Michael Johnson and Jeremy Raarner. This dude ran forty three three from a dead stop.
Speaker 3: Moving. You better believe it's moving moving. Yeah, yes, so good luck. Tomorrow we're gonna be watching, gonna wish you good luck.
Speaker 7: The volume