Speaker 1: But we were just talking about the draft.
Speaker 2: So that is what we're gonna be talking about today on this episode of this League. We are talking about the only thing that really matters, which is fucking off season.
Speaker 3: Moves, draft, and soon free.
Speaker 1: Agency will start on August second.
Speaker 2: And they affect one another. We already have one massive trade. I am so excited to get your thoughts on. This is the trade Memphis gets. Memphis trades with New Orleans Pelicans. Memphis trades Jonas Valanciunas the seventeenth pick, the fifty one pick in exchange for Eric Bledsoe, Steven Adams, the tenth pick, and the fortieth pick in this year's draft. But they also get the lakers twenty twenty two first round pick, which is also sneaky meaningful. Boy, I did not see that trade coming whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean there was that report that they really wanted to move Bletsoe and were even willing to like move down in the draft to offload them, which makes a little sense. I love this for the Pelicans. I love it. I mean, a you're swapping Steven Adams out for valent JUnit. I mean, I don't want to shot on Steven Adams too hard, but he and Zion just doesn't work. It just didn't then, Jonas Jonas, I think he's better than Steven Adams. First off, he can spread the floor. He's just a way better fit for that team. And you offload bletsoe you move back in the draft from ten to seventeen, but you really only give up one first round pick and you upgrade like twice. I love it. I love it. I think it might be a win win. Isn't a win. I think it's a win win I get. I mean, if Memphis really likes someone that they think they can get at ten and not at seventeen, then yeah, which they probably do. That's probably, you know, the that's exactly what I see. Memphis won.
Speaker 2: They knew that they were gonna have to pay Valentuni sets point. Zion obviously will fit better with Valentnist than Steven Adams. Valentnis obviously opens up the floor a lot for Jaw and Stevens right now is going to be a straight laying clogger. So I think that they probably try to go and move Steven Adams, and apparently.
Speaker 3: Steven Adams is like shooting.
Speaker 1: I think I said Stevens, but I mean Steven Adams.
Speaker 2: Anyways, So apparently Steven Adams is shooting like a million threes now in practice. I don't believe it to become like the next Brook Lopez. But they get better on defense, right, like Memphis was not a great defensive team in the perimeter, I mean or in the interior. They're okay with Dylan Brooks. They definitely get better on defense. I think they have to move bledsoe I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I mean I saw a tweet that like, they're not They're not. Eric doesn't expect to stay there, in which I mean he's a clutch athlete, so we all know where this is going.
Speaker 2: He is a backup point guard. This is how I would describe him as a backup point guard with not only who is undersized and obviously strong, but poor decision making and cancerous to any organization that he goes to, including a team with Giannis, which is just sort of stunning. And he cost twenty million dollars and he cost twenty two million dollars.
Speaker 1: But getting the tenth pick in the draft is fucking great.
Speaker 2: If you have someone in mind and the name that I think they might have in mind is either Dwarte or Kaminga.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think Kaminga is going to be there. I think someone's going to try to take him. But I like Dwarte.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dwarte and Dylan Brooks.
Speaker 3: Ooh oe, ooh oie. This is what the athletic.
Speaker 2: So the thing about the move for New Orleans is that they want to go out and get Kyle Lowry. But they could have gotten and been able to pay Kyle Lowry without all of these moves.
Speaker 1: And this is what the Athletic said about that quote.
Speaker 2: A Senate could point out and it's like, that's me, that's me, Trista cricktcinec New Orleans had a means of generating almost the same exact cap space by using the stretch provision on Bloedsow. They could have done that and kept Adams, who makes three more than Valentunis, but and allowing the cap higher cap hold for pick number ten versus pick number seventeen, Pelicans would have had twenty six million in room just there for a Lowry chase. And of course, if the Pels end up keeping ball in heart, cap room will end up being irrelevant since they can resign them both with their burg rights. It is a confusing trade to me. The craziest thing though, now, is that the backup center that you thought you had in Jackson Hayes is now probably going to jail.
Speaker 3: Yep, facts like actually jail. They drafted him in ate.
Speaker 2: The breaking news is that he recently got into an altercation I think last night a couple of nights ago with there was like a disturbing the peace or just domestic disturbance call.
Speaker 1: Police came over.
Speaker 2: Jackson Hayes didn't want to allegedly allegedly didn't want to let him into the home, and then he then he beat a police officer's ass, yeah, and put him in the hospital and then.
Speaker 1: Had to get taste and then he was taking the hospital.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't sound like a funny story, and it's not, but it kind of is, right, I mean, it isn't and it is, but he's They need to find a backup center now in the draft.
Speaker 1: So seventeen maybe Kai Jones, I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 3: They eighteen's early twenties. Both Texas boys, well Texas boys.
Speaker 1: Only a few big men expect Kai Jones to be on the phone with David Griffin.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, I heard you guys are in the market for a big man.
Speaker 1: I know. Sick humor, sick humor.
Speaker 2: Also, you have to lock up Yodas Valenciunas he's his market value is gone up as well. You need to just re sign him a sap Rocky. You have no one, now, you have no one. Now let's talk about the draft in general right now. Consensus Top four Kay Cunningham Oklahoma State, Jalen Green from G League Knight, Evan Mobley from USC Jalen Hugs.
Speaker 3: As an aside, Jalen Rowe should be proud.
Speaker 2: Jalen Rose Kid's mom birthed the name Jalen, and now we have two Jalen's going in the top four of the draft. My favorite, personally is Jalen Suggs. I've said it once, I've said it a million times. I like a two way player. He's sneaky, athletic, he's very competitive. We know that he's got the clutch gene.
Speaker 1: He's one of the freak I don't know if you've ever heard the story kids from Minnesota.
Speaker 3: He played a million sports.
Speaker 2: Every time he tried one, he was like the best athlete on the field or court or anything. He played soccer for the first time, and the coach said, could be myth, could be not myth that in the middle of the first practice, Jalen Suggs is the best soccer player on the field in the middle of the first practice.
Speaker 1: So I like his athletic ability. Six' five is fucking. Big he doesn't look six' five to be uh six four sixty five two. Way guard and he is Cousins With, terrell suggs which means he's a fucking hard rock and anyone Related To, TERRELL suggs i.
Speaker 3: Trust in he's your number one in the. Whole. Draft now he's just.
Speaker 2: My, my favorite like, can't miss like any team could plug, and play you KNOW what, I mean like not everybody outside of Like maybe portland or, something like, but still, UH yeah i. LIKE him i like HIM for i like him for. ALMOST everyone i think he'll go number Four. To toronto Playing In tampa bay is kind of like they should get the number, four spot but they won a championship two, years ago so number four for them sort.
Speaker 3: Of strange but the.
Speaker 2: New rumor Is That golden state is going to trade seven and fourteen and maybe a piece to Like the calves to take the number three spot And draft, jalen sucks which would be fucking Heartbreaking for toronto because you Don't Want.
Speaker 1: Evan mobley you Don't.
Speaker 2: WANT jalen i don't know who you would get at, that POINT but i don't think you. Already Have pascal siakam probably is on, the MOVE but i think it just fucks up all.
Speaker 1: Your plans that's. What.
Speaker 2: Happens yeah the closest to me out of those four of not panning Out Is evan mobley out OF se i just think, big, men skinny big men Out Of. Southern california just the closest out of all.
Speaker 3: OF them I get i. GET it i like WHAT he i like what he. Gives you. ON defense i think HE showed i mean he has the ability to develop into a score and not saying that, he WILL but i like what he could bring athletically, and DEFENSIVELY so i THINK he i kind Of think mobley's an immediate impact guy with the ability to get. Way better who is your favorite out of? THOSE four I LIKE cad, I mean i you are just jizzing All.
Speaker 1: OVER kate I.
Speaker 3: LIKE kate i mean what he can do in all three levels at. Six,' eight uh he's shown. Flashes of playmaking, he's he's big HE'S got. An nba body he's not gonna get like tossed around on defense unless he's just like, a total shithead, which COULD be but i don't. Think He, Is, UH yeah No, I like, KATE i like i really like. All these, Guys It's tough Like i'm glad I'M not a gm right now in this draft because it's tough. At the top tough, at the top.
Speaker 2: But we all know kind of where it ends up in the top four unless. Somebody goes insane like the one guy THAT could potentially i don't know IF you saw espn plus put out a whole. Like scouting report the one guy who is kind of like a wild card to potentially fuck up the top of the draft Is This.
Speaker 3: Guy alpern Shngoon.
Speaker 2: Out, of turkey yeah who is ESPN's number one, overall practic prospect which we will.
Speaker 3: Get to him and he's like.
Speaker 2: Apparently quote unquote could Be the next jokic and people, HAVE him, going i, know you're.
Speaker 1: Like the guys are darting, back and forth like fuck.
Speaker 2: Is, this guy look he Is, a strange no it's, a strange thing but he could EASILY. Like a gm there could be gms hiding in the weeds pretending. To love whoever We'll Call, it evan mobley and actually they end up, Just saying no i'm gonna take a flyer. On this guy, if that happens obviously all. Kinds of chaos we'll pan. Out after that after, the TOP four which i think, is largely Set.
Speaker 1: You've Got James book Night yukon from yukon six three, and a half one of the best handles.
Speaker 3: In the Draft.
Speaker 1: Played at yukon been moving up the draft board because his workouts.
Speaker 3: Have been.
Speaker 1: Phenomenal he's streaky.
Speaker 2: THOUGH he's streaky i think the best fit for Him Is probably golden state.
Speaker 3: At seven potentially what do you? Like about HIM WHAT do i i. MEAN he's shifting i actually think he's a little. TALLER than that i have him at six five. In, SOME things yeah i mean his shooting is, a LITTLE streaky but i think his. BODY'S pretty good i like him in that. LIKE lottery range i think that's the exact type of player you hope to get in.
Speaker 2: THE mid lottery i think he's like could, Be HUGE upside like i have huge draft, analyst type friends like they're they live and breathe this stuff AND they're like i like This. Book night kid he looks bigger than six three and a, half, for sure.
Speaker 1: Slender but yeah he could go anywhere from.
Speaker 2: SEVEN to twelve i could Also see potentially memphis taking him at ten.
Speaker 1: To, go with jaw which, is A possibility maybe.
Speaker 2: ORLANDO at eight i don't want to see any of these Guys, Go, TO orlando honestly I don't.
Speaker 3: What i mean the funny thing Is, LIKE will, well i mean everyone's A fit in orlando because. They need everything everyone is a potential Landing.
Speaker 2: Spot is ORLANDO but like i Just don't want if you need a lot of development time and a lot, of development energy you Shouldn't. Go to orlando you Should Go to San antonio Or miami or Golden Not.
Speaker 1: Even Golden, State, GOLDEN state no i mean.
Speaker 3: Just hasn't really shown the ability to. Develop, anyone, DEVELOPED yeah Yeah I mean ola depot's the closest and like they got rid of him like before he became before he was.
Speaker 2: LIKE fully baked i think possibly the only reason that he, really panned out is because he ended Up Going to oklahoma city And Then. To, Indiana Sospel yeah oklahoma city a great landing spot if you. Need to develop they are not committed to, winning anytime soon.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna get a lot of reps to.
Speaker 1: Try Shit out corey KISPERT kid is i think going to move up into one of Those Roles like joe harris or.
Speaker 3: A pat conatent he's, six Y, Six like joe white guys. Who can shoot white guys that can.
Speaker 1: Shoot the shit out of the ball off the dribble spot up fifty to forty Ninety, guy potentially, gonzaga fully formed twenty two year old like that guy could fit into pretty. MUCH any roster I Think probably golden state would make, somewhat Of sense or indiana Or Maybe. The washington wizards and yet of course.
Speaker 3: To see him in a pacer like he's Already Built, For, YELLOW yeah no i mean he's just he's a. Really good shooter he shot uh eighty eight percent free. Throws last year like that's which is THAT'S kind of i read like a. Long time ago that's what gms like look for more in like can they develop a shot is free throw rather than field goal in three point, percentage, because shots like over the course, of a game they'll get better at, taking contested shots but free throw shows like just like raw. Ability to, shoot yeah, yeah, SO yeah no i like what. HE can bring i mean the, twenty TWO thing But I mean cam johnson was twenty two when, he got drafted was twenty three maybe when, He got drafted so that's actually maybe a decent. Comparison for, him, two, yeah six. Yeah six' six he's a i don't think He's. AS athletic as cams i don't, think he, is, either, but, like no no no he can't move like see can you SEE. Him dunking On Pj tucker.
Speaker 1: LIKE cam johnson did.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, BUT to be Fair I didn't think cam johnson. Could do that either so one.
Speaker 2: Of My favorite players, and i'm super biased Super Soon super biased chris, torte six fucking. Six he's twenty four. He's an old head we, even said it best like if, you, want to win. Now you take me if you want a little baby that you need to develop and feed them milk and put him in, the in the stroller like you take. Those eighteen year olds i'm gonna be able, to contribute right, away ready to play probably one of the most ready to play.
Speaker 1: Guys in the. Draft he's super athletic he, can shoot a lot not As Well. As Like Dylan brooks like dylan brooks has DEVELOPED into a much i.
Speaker 2: Think a better shooter There's a potential that memphis could take Him Again. At ten golden state The whole thing about memphis potentially moving up to ten Might have Been For dorte because golden state. Is salivating. After him at fourteen portland would be. Perfect Spot for him but portland, has zero draft picks So we will not we.
Speaker 3: Will not Get him, he's super bowl, too he's.
Speaker 2: Twenty, four twenty four downside he's not really big enough to HANDLE.
Speaker 3: Large forwards u d But If, you're with dylan.
Speaker 1: Brooks doesn't really matter there's a Lot of guys.
Speaker 2: In Memphis can guard ALL i'm saying is i don't Think It matters that chris dwarte is not super big enough to handle THESE LARGER forwards on d a lot of places.
Speaker 1: Want him a lot of what do you think you just?
Speaker 3: Think, He's too old no i'm not like down. ON him at all i mean he is. Like, a little old like if you're at the top of the draft and you're looking to, do a complete rebuild you may want to go. With a younger, guy, but for Like Yeah like a golden state or a team that you think is like close, to maybe getting there and this guy can, be like, a reliable you know bench. Player, TO start out.
Speaker 2: YEAH i like him I Forgot to say Chris. Darte went To, Oregon He. Did ducks go ducks.
Speaker 3: Let's talk ABOUT guys who are.
Speaker 2: I think big risks i think that's probably what people, really want to know is like when, you see these names?
Speaker 1: Should YOU be concerned and i. THINK the biggest one i bounced. AROUND with this. GUY i bounced, around i.
Speaker 3: Was like is?
Speaker 2: HE a sure thing i thought it might be a, sure thing AT first and then i did SOME more research, and, I was like.
Speaker 1: OH i.
Speaker 3: Took him i was he was, in the.
Speaker 1: Trouble category and then he went into, the wild card category and then he went into, the shirt thing.
Speaker 3: Category and then he went back. To the Trouble category.
Speaker 2: So, he's he's six seven Two Twenty, five from florida. State Nineteen years old scottie barnes consensus top five pick and maybe one of the RISKIEST top five picks i have thought. ABOUT in a minute i don't know about, that high much hyperbole but to, take him top five, given who he is it's sort of. Fucking crazy to me the Guy Is like. A ben, simmons esque i.
Speaker 3: Mean he can't, shoot he can't. Shoot he doesn't shoot he has More Offensive.
Speaker 1: Moves than ben simmons he can pass Cross Court.
Speaker 3: More than ben simmons.
Speaker 1: He doesn't shoot particularly well from.
Speaker 2: The free throw line he's a sixty percent, of free throw shooter which does not bode WELL, If you're a, gm as you said you watch his, highlights, and you're, like man he's, athletic, and you're like damn he shoots twenty nine percent from three sixty percent from.
Speaker 3: The freeme eather line and now, there's scouts being like his whole entire shot. Needs to? Be, RECONSTRUCTED sound, familiar, yeah i mean ugh they call? Him for, top, FIVE oh lord. Uh, i, DON'T know yeah no i would not. Take Him At, Five if i'm orlando THAT'S THAT'S not who i i Would be a very. Orlando, move, sort of, yeah yeah They could They could i'm not i'm not predicting what, will or won't happen but THAT'S that's not who i WOULD be. Looking, at a five no they.
Speaker 2: Said He's A combo Of Draymond, green AND pascal siakam, and, i was like Yeah If you take Draymond Green's offense, and, Passcal siakam's, defense maybe like no, like he, has tools he's athletic but like that's the riskiest pick.
Speaker 3: Maybe, IN the. Lottery yeah i did it'd be hard to like, say definitively, Like no you're wrong he's he's, a risky for sure and like where, HE'S slated to go i think. HE may be right i would love.
Speaker 2: To see him in A, place like the spurs like a place where, you could develop him or a place like if he was going further down and they didn't have Any Other needs like jalen suggs, that they NEED him but Like I could see nick nurse trans trying to like, work on, his Shot You know like, Nick NURSE has Transformed like I think fred van fleet, shot a little bit and so.
Speaker 1: He's known for that but.
Speaker 2: Like, some place Not, orlando like not orlando they're not, going to develop.
Speaker 1: Him not going. To not going to I'm Very.
Speaker 2: Worried About scottie barnes jonathan kaminga SIX eight two.
Speaker 3: Twenty g league guy this Is The.
Speaker 2: PROBLEM with jonathan kaminga i again one of those, guys, where you're like oh he has such upside and then you watch him and, you read, about him and like here's here's.
Speaker 3: The book, on him.
Speaker 2: No motor raw, athleticism he's, twenty two no, motor but raw athleticism doesn't try. Sometimes takes plays off has elite defensive potential if he ever decides to lock in mentally, and improve his fundamentals capable of, someday shutting, down smaller quicker players if he decides. To play with intensity and. Those were his pros that Was. The positive on kaminga the downside.
Speaker 1: Is his decision making he gets flustered when his. First read isn't available he ends up jacking up a ton of contested shots instead of looking for a pass or creating higher, Quality shot for himself?
Speaker 3: Like, What, THE fuck yeah no i mean the THING about him that i think that gms kind of have a feel on him for is that like, when he looks good. He looks really good and. When he looks bad, he looks really bad and he just looks lost and makes a lot of mistakes and doesn't really use his body in a way that he should and should, be looking TO do, WHICH is, I mean i mean i mean he's. HE'S eighteen years old I don't think it's i actually kind. OF like his upside i like HIM way More Than i. Like, SCOTTY barnes personally yeah.
Speaker 2: I think IF you Are A, gm like oklahoma city maybe maybe like you've, got a million picks got? A, Million of them no you've got like literally twenty picks from now, until twenty twenty seven so like you have the ability to go for someone With high upside maybe sacramento where, people go to, die like good Fit but like if i'm a team, who needs something now like you have no time to waste and kaminga not.
Speaker 1: Not not the one but.
Speaker 3: We're, talking about, trouble here so yeah all.
Speaker 2: These.
Speaker 3: Guys Are trouble Uh. Davion mitchell from baylor he's six. Feet in high heels. He, COULD be great yeah, i mean he's tiny.
Speaker 1: But he is.
Speaker 3: Little yeah he is.
Speaker 2: He plays a, lot, He's a winner Right, he's played, at baylor, one chip very nasty plays a little like drew on the, ball into your.
Speaker 3: Body very good at getting to the spot.
Speaker 2: ON defense before you I, saw him shut, cad cunning him down which Is fucking crazy because kate hunting him is?
Speaker 3: What, six to seven yes?
Speaker 2: Six, Seven six eight okay so you got a little tiny Guy, putting CLAMPS on cad which i think is a.
Speaker 3: Great sign he's skilled he's like a Smaller.
Speaker 2: Quote unquote donod mitchell they say maybe Say they say.
Speaker 3: D mitchell and they. Both, wear forty five. Yeah. IT'S actually confusing uh i think if he was six three. HE'D go top three i don't know about top three because. He still is old he's like he's like. Twenty, three to two true but he would. Definitely, be going higher yeah he's actually a weird one because he shot really well from three and. Not from, free throw uh so which means maybe.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 3: Won't, translate correct yeah no he's he's a big risk and he probably. Will Go top ten like i've seen him. Linked, Till like eight yeah i've seen Him Link to, like GOLDEN STATE maybe which.
Speaker 2: I i don't Like that doesn't, make here's the thing only Certain Players fit for golden state guys that are going, to contribute for sure guys that are. Gonna, help them win now if, they're keeping those picks we. Already know this problem we. Talked about that before.
Speaker 1: But if you're gonna Come in, and like clay's Healthy we Think, and steph and wiggins who knows what's, gonna happen with him.
Speaker 3: Probably gonna get.
Speaker 1: Discarded you need someone you don't need, another undersized guard now.
Speaker 3: You DON'T need that and i don't think he's gonna be able to.
Speaker 1: Get a shot off there's a potential, you're SIX feet flat AND i just don't i.
Speaker 2: Just don't see it he Could End up like trey. Burke just, Bouncing, AROUND.
Speaker 3: He could yeah i mean if your shot Doesn't Translate what like trey burke's, like, didn't like yeah no. You're. Looking AT that yeah so.
Speaker 1: I could see him and there's, not that many people there's not that many teams, that really need him need him.
Speaker 3: In the TOP ten so.
Speaker 2: Like i can see him actually falling down To, like FIFTEEN to washington which i think would.
Speaker 3: Be, a decent. FIT yeah he could i. DON'T think He will i just i've just Seen, him IN enough mox which i know is, not A good reason but i feel like someone in. The lottery's taken him let's Look at.
Speaker 2: These pick let's look at the, draft order really fast because once you, start getting, DOWN there you're, like i don't know so you've got we know the top Four are, Spoken for, Orlando Five oklahoma, Six golden state seven, orlando again at Eight which.
Speaker 3: You think orlando will? Take him at eight good depends on. Who they take It If.
Speaker 2: They take scottie barnes let me, just Say this Now If orlando Takes Scottie barnes and davion mitchell, In this year's draft i'm. PUTTING out a state i mean this is that would be a Laughable Travesty such An Orlando magic.
Speaker 3: Slash sacramento Kings Move, thankfully the.
Speaker 1: Sacramento kings so okay but, Then at at nine sacramento, doesn't need a guard, So, they Have uh Orlando Or. Sacramento has buddy healed at The Two they have tyrese Haliburton, and they have fox so We know for sure sacramento is, not, drafting, A, Guard, Correct right yeah No then you've. Got memphis at ten Are You Gonna pair Memphis John.
Speaker 3: Morant, with davion mitchell no.
Speaker 2: Don't make no Sense then You've, got charlotte A Plethoraw, You've got DeVante Graham You've, got uh terry Rosier And, you've got LaMelo ball so they're not gonna. Take another point guard then you've got a bunch Of Point. Guards in san antonio all we don't know what's. Gonna happen with them But You Got, De jon ta murray you've, Got What's His. Name KYLE derek white so i don't know What say if san antonio, DECIDES to do. THAT i don't Think i don't SEE popovich being or rcbu for being super interested an. Undersized guard like that so then Now, you're talking about indiana is he GOING to in. The i don't know, like you've got guys And Then you've got golden state popping around at fourteen And what, If thwart day's there Then now.
Speaker 3: You've got, washington, Fifteen so Yeah no i'm not i'm. Not Huge on him so i'm that wasn't. Me vouching for him i've just seen him in the LOTTERY just. MOST places i, look, i feel Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah we'll see, franz wagner, another risky risky pick Mostly Because he, is, mo wagner's brother, right and, we, know we KNOW man?
Speaker 3: What do i say?
Speaker 2: You need to say he has NO real bag and, i love, the, bag you know, personally no offensive, moves no shaking bake no creation.
Speaker 1: Of his own shot he's never going to be a go to. Scorer in the league.
Speaker 3: He's pretty good shooter, pretty good shooter though.
Speaker 1: Good spot up shooter good. Off, the bounce shooter.
Speaker 3: Yeah if he can if he can DEVELOP into like an nba, ready like defensive player. He's got a role he's got should, probably have a role probably. A pretty good role if he can. Become really good, defense.
Speaker 1: If you are you could Be Like. A, better, duncan, robinson.
Speaker 3: Yeah better, way bigger and. Bigger bigger for sure? What is he six he's like Six, Nine Six nine yep duncan, robinson's six. Six yeah.
Speaker 2: Six seven, good defender can score but not score SCORE you?
Speaker 3: Know what i, mean you can.
Speaker 2: Score, Not Score score uh golden. STATE maybe at fourteen i think he would have a great. Role There at fourteen if torte, IS gone at ten i think he.
Speaker 3: Would Immediately Contribute there the golden state thing IS so weird because i mean it's. Hard To imagine them and kevin, O'Connor said this too and saying something like it's hard to imagine them Playing. Two, rookies and wiseman well They're Not, going to?
Speaker 1: KEITH wiseman are they.
Speaker 3: I mean, THEY could i mean i haven't. Heard much chattered lately steph is.
Speaker 1: Going to be unhappy.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be unhappy.
Speaker 2: They're trying to MOVE they, better get i mean, if they got sugs.
Speaker 1: That would, be nice you know, that would be.
Speaker 2: NICE that would, help i don't know if you got fourteen and seven, traded up to Three maybe gave him wiseman and then like they knew that they Weren't Going to keep jared allen and so they.
Speaker 1: Just, KEPT wise men, yeah i. Don't know.
Speaker 2: It's weird IT'S weird another guy i think Is Not, VERY Good isaiah, todd g league guy maybe THE Worst of.
Speaker 3: The, g league guys well it was funny because they were all, on the same team and he's the one that kind of like, no one cares, about, no one talked yeah no one. Hears About, yeah yeah, amongst yeah in reality If we're being blunt No One.
Speaker 2: Cares about isaiah todd he's slated to go in the mid. Early to mid twenties, not a good shooter and the book on him, just like athletically gifted as a lot of guys that.
Speaker 1: Are six' eight Are this is what the. Scouty report says on him the.
Speaker 2: Cons are his shot selection he settles for contested mid range.
Speaker 1: Jumpers, When he should pass okay.
Speaker 3: So it's a bad trade what? Does that mean?
Speaker 2: To, me bad, decision maker right not, thinking not A. Good thinker not great iq then. These two really concerned me prefers to play on the perimeter and doesn't make much of an impact rebounding the.
Speaker 3: Ball or.
Speaker 1: PROTECTING the basket hold pause.
Speaker 3: I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: I know what you're thinking but there's another one that will make. You think it even more lacks.
Speaker 2: Toughness defending on the interior biggs plow, through them underneath the basket so we.
Speaker 1: Soft, and not very smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah and if, you're not contributing much rebounding that's a problem for a. Power. FORWARD center, for, sure yeah i mean.
Speaker 2: Yikes when you're not going top five to ten and you've PLAYED Significant, minutes in the g league and, no one cares about you and, you're MEASURING up against men which i think raises your stock because they just kind of like change the, Scale, that, you're, evaluated on like oh yeah you're. You're eighteen playing against men.
Speaker 3: It's. Not, a good sign no no he actually shot like okay in the g he shot like. Thirty six Percent from three.
Speaker 1: He should he wants to stay on, the perimeter, all the time.
Speaker 3: Right exactly and like what, they said about decision making like. He, WOULD settle for shots honestly i can kind of see how you could RUN Into that in the g league because it's not like because it's not like you're playing in college and you like really, give a shit about wins and like you got a bunch of fans that really care if, you win and if not like they're gonna Be, mean to, you on twitter and shit you're really there to put. Up NUMBERS and get stats so i can see how, LIKE a nineties.
Speaker 1: Suck passing i, need, TO just, shoot This right i mean and.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying it's good i'm not trying to, like MAKE excuses for that but i could see how a nineteen year old could FALL Into that in the g, league.
Speaker 2: Facts because nobody's like Hey Did you see What isaiah todd did on Tuesday Night.
Speaker 1: Against, the fucking iowa energy yeah And.
Speaker 3: You see in the summer. LEAGUE all the time too i mean to like maybe, Actually probably a similar extent Like they're not carry.
Speaker 1: Anthrety simon's put up like Fifty. Points, in, the summer.
Speaker 3: League yeah no you're getting your. Stats, his stat padding.
Speaker 2: SITUATION yeah Best landing spots i think brooklyn nets. Could be A good one isaiah, Or, DJ's on, the move.
Speaker 3: Yeah i mean that'd, be sick if they could if they could get. SOMEONE with that potential there. I think he might be i think he might be someone. Someone takes a.
Speaker 2: CHANCE on You think so i think clippers could. Use, him at twenty five yeah that would be an interesting because. They're good At developing guys. You got jerry in there.
Speaker 1: THEY need A big. MAN i think ebachus probably. I, THINK he might.
Speaker 3: Retire, really i don't. Know DAMN it's, not good.
Speaker 1: It's, i, mean he's not healthy right. So they need, Someone else maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Him Maybe It's not him wild cards alprin Shng goon. SIX' ten from turkey EIGHTEEN i think He Was. The, mvp of the turkish league yeah uh insane, if you've watched him at all his footwork for.
Speaker 3: Being that.
Speaker 1: Tall is fucking.
Speaker 3: Absurd he's massive he, his footwork he.
Speaker 1: Can just.
Speaker 3: Spin change pivot foots he can he's got.
Speaker 1: So much touch around, the rim he. Has a little tiny baby jumper i've.
Speaker 3: Definitely seen him.
Speaker 2: Shoot threes before i've seen him he, does have a crossover step back which is kind.
Speaker 1: Of wild for someone his Size he could be like. A, vosovich or some bonus Though. UPSIDE the absolute ceiling is.
Speaker 2: JOKIC i, don't think that's happening I don't but We didn't think joki would be yokich either at forty four.
Speaker 3: Or whatever you got drafted, ON one of the draft comparisons I Saw, he was compared to tom, googliata who is my favorite player who was. My FAVORITE player as. A child, so, I enjoyed THAT uh yeah no i mean i he. Shot super well from the field he shot Like Sixty, eight PERCENT in the turkish league SO. I Hope. HE won uh mvp yeah no i think he's a nice player that probably develops into at least like a decent role player like someone will like if he finds, his, way on a good team like. SOMEONE will find something to do i think this.
Speaker 2: CLIP is gonna get used again i think we're, at this moment Where you're, like he. COULD be we'll See We'll see i think possibly, oklahoma city might sneaky. Get, him Like maybe at six yeah Maybe Memphis is traded for uh steven adams And Maybe he plays.
Speaker 3: Four and, STEVEN adams plays. FIVE who knows i don't. Know i would love him there. Charlotte, Would, Be Incredible. For him lamello hayward.
Speaker 2: Miles bridges that's a, Fun team the kid can pass, he's got a.
Speaker 3: Lot of touch he can rebound. He also is quick to. Snatch he has got some toughness he's got some Toughness. For, LIKE a, GUY in europe yeah i mean i mean if he develops, his passing and like all that then He could become like a, diet, yokic kind of, That's, like yeah if he could yeah if. He could do something, like that it's a little. Slower but, not, by, a lot yeah Yeah Which. Yeah you can change. Jenny shorter he's not as big he's not gonna be able to like shoot over guys like.
Speaker 2: But he's he's you can develop a quick twitch like. You can, Fix THAT a little oh sure. SO i like him a lot i. Think Somebody might reach for him joshua giddy.
Speaker 1: Another guy who's moved UP. The draft boards from the, nbl.
Speaker 3: Cue The.
Speaker 1: Down onder music six' Eight, australia he's looked Great IN. The olympics. Look great against team usa ShredIt.
Speaker 2: Us he put, up fourteen against nigeria, he can pass he's got.
Speaker 3: COURT vision he's, got like decent floaters, i would say.
Speaker 2: Not a.
Speaker 3: GREAT shooter but at shooter yeah no i wouldn't say, shooting is necessarily, A strength right now but yeah no. I think he's gonna go fairly high i, think he's probably. LOOKING at DEFINITELY lottery maybe top ten i.
Speaker 1: Think i think, somebody could end up reaching we'll say sort of a. REACH and sort of not a reach.
Speaker 2: I think any guy that's playing in the, pros and doing well like he's playing you Deserve A, Little More, credit than fucking scotty barnes Like orlando Why don't YOU take josh giddy over Scotty Barb, i hate Being Mean.
Speaker 1: To scotty barnes but like josh giddy don't you Think That's.
Speaker 3: A bit BETTER upside than. Scotty, BARNES i mean i probably. DO yeah I Mean he's just eighteen, i know, scotty, barnes, is, young Too but yeah no no no what i've seen of. HIM and like play professional ball already.
Speaker 2: I It Could be like a little diet Karis lavert Or or Or. Fit WITH fit With lavert and brogden but I think pacers could Be An.
Speaker 3: Interesting i, hate to, say joe, Ingles but yeah that's like it's okay it's So It's like the People That, said devin booker was like klay thompson like. Just, because he like looks, like, him.
Speaker 1: Yeah You Know it's like oh like Does davion mitchell really reminds you of?
Speaker 3: Drew or do they just look similar like?
Speaker 1: Are?
Speaker 3: They, JUST kind Of similar.
Speaker 1: Guys uh yeah i, think pacers could be interesting at thirteen but they.
Speaker 3: Might go? He Might, GO top five.
Speaker 2: Who knows usman garuba i.
Speaker 3: Think nobody, knows What. To make of this guy the spaniard there's, not a, lot of tape On. Him six' eight.
Speaker 2: Powerful playing in europe kevin O'Connor likes him kevin, O'Connor says that he, plays with elite effort elite intelligence that's good not, great at putting the basketball. In the hoop not ideal for playing basketball apparently he.
Speaker 1: IS a pretty, bad free throw shooter too i don't know is it worth taking a flyer. On a super athletic defender With Problematic.
Speaker 3: Offense.
Speaker 1: IT'S like, another situation like ben simmons again.
Speaker 3: I mean if he's just a bruiser and can go and give you like fifteen minutes where he's just, snatching every rebound and just knocking people around maybe maybe He's not a. BAD spot, for, like a clinton over Sure I mean yeah if, you, CAN get CLINT capella in the Twenties Yeah.
Speaker 1: I Mean i were like. A, DREW gooden drew gooden was a bruiser noah. I, mean, He, WENT like four he was.
Speaker 3: YEAH yeah no i mean he's not. SOMEONE i WOULD reach on by any stretch i think i think he's someone that like a, good team takes that a playoff team takes, like in the twenties or something like that statues him for a. LITTLE bit, and, Sees what he can do i think, okay se could maybe take. Him.
Speaker 1: At eighteen that'd Be a good. Fit atlanta maybe at.
Speaker 3: Twenty atlanta like that atlanta is interesting because they. Have, Like the freedom to do basically anything, yeah like they don't have any glaring holes so they kind of just they.
Speaker 2: Almost have too many people at every position they could kind of just decide to take a flyer that they think, has tremendous.
Speaker 3: UPSIDE and, Just.
Speaker 1: Say fuck it fuck it i, mean lakers At, twenty two could be interesting could be. Yeah, he does, have The.
Speaker 3: ABILITY to fall yeah give me give drummonds i actually. Do, LIKE him kind of In a. Way, yeah i, Kind Of, DO drummons.
Speaker 1: Minutes yeah this, kid, Joshua Primo a, lot of, DRAFT projections bammable bama bama boy six' four a.
Speaker 3: LOT of projections have him going.
Speaker 2: Late first round, i think he has a higher ceiling than that.
Speaker 3: Though he's got he's got.
Speaker 2: A good shooter's mentality he's not small six,' four i think his First step is slightly slow Which, is why people are but.
Speaker 3: They said that about luca they.
Speaker 1: SAID that the belt i'm, not comparing by, no MEANS i Just want to Say.
Speaker 3: By no means.
Speaker 2: Am i Comparing joshua primo to luka doncics at all but what i'm saying, is when people say that? Your FIRST step is.
Speaker 3: Slow like do they REALLY know like I, don't know.
Speaker 2: You had all this mvp, tape on luca and that was the. Book on him was that. His first step was slow. So, maybe, it's not slow maybe. We're evaluating him incorrectly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah this guy. Can THOUGH yeah He can hit yeah he can hit.
Speaker 1: So i think houston could be interesting at twenty three, nuggets. COULD be really interesting at twenty six sixers.
Speaker 3: Too sixers i Like it depends, On where he felt like even like phoenix could, maybe like, it really just depends on WHERE he falls because like this is another guy that i think someone may just fall in love with him in pre draft and like. EITHER trade up and get him or something like. THAT i think he's. Actually, a decent, candidate.
Speaker 2: For that i think, so too yeah he's smart he can shoot from deep he can.
Speaker 3: Create AND can get his own shot off the balance like.
Speaker 1: I think he.
Speaker 3: Could end, UP really helping a team with his Offense.
Speaker 2: So, yeah i think he would, be great in phoenix yeah like As a succession.
Speaker 3: Plan, HE probably won't last. Till that.
Speaker 1: LONG twenty nine no. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: FLYERS guys i have. Zero Clue there's no best fits I. Have No idea isaiah jackson six' ten freshman at kentucky apparently coach, cal Is Like he has so much more upside.
Speaker 1: To. Go like coach kel gives him the stamp of.
Speaker 2: Approval downside he is, SIX ten and two o six. As A as a comparison i look This up Earlier today DeAndre ayton.
Speaker 3: When he, got, to.
Speaker 1: The university of arizona was two Thirty.
Speaker 2: GAINED no yeah gained twenty pounds his freshman year at arizona i know he's seven. To one and he became two fifty on the. WAY out so this, kid is. Two six And Six ten? I mean he's tiny. He's THIN what is kevin durant two i.
Speaker 3: Couldn't tell you. I'm i mean The kids the kidny's hgh he DEFINITELY doesn't he does not. He does not shoot threes like i don't think he shot he May. Have shot like one or two like all season at kentucky and that's a massive, Problem for bigs that you're not even taking them in college like. You're not even taking what if coach cal, didn't let him that doesn't sound like SOMETHING he, would do unless he's, just so bad that like i mean. Which which, either way like it just proves that he's bad so yeah, that's just, that's a that's a problem in a developing.
Speaker 2: Player say though and coach cout is known for, developing guys and so if you don't have a shot? NOW will, You have a shot three. Four years from now i mean DeAndre eighth, was hitting threes he doesn't. Even need to shoot. Threes now but he can take threes he. Can, Hit threes i've seen it. With My own two Eyes. Man i'm gonna, Butcher this name. IO desumo OUT of illinois.
Speaker 3: Six, to three ye.
Speaker 1: Flashy guard i think i said it.
Speaker 2: Right, hard working junior uh so he's a little old six three probably, Closer to six to one and a half six.
Speaker 1: To two so he's he's they're probably lying about his age.
Speaker 3: Anyone who's like anyone who they don't say a.
Speaker 2: Six, three AND a half is. REALLY probably under sixty three yeah maybe i. Don't trust it a. Wild fucking passer all over the place scouts like his, Defense do you think that scouts are overrating. DEFENSE right now like just where we are in the moment i think.
Speaker 3: It always just becomes a thing in the draft, process just because you're trying to look at anything and everything and like, you maybe, do that because you're trying to like. Balance out you know how good you, think a player is but at the end of, The day like they got to be able to make, baskets like even if you are drafting them for their defense. They got, to, BE able to like kind of make baskets. And, YEAH no i think that's something you definitely run into yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean when the downside people are saying.
Speaker 2: Is, WHETHER you can get open looks at the next level yeah i mean they're lying about your, HEIGHT there this stages are and he. Turns the ball over i don't know where He's gonna go.
Speaker 3: But this is actually one of the guys, i'm looking AT for for for ME mix a little bit which, because i know he'll actually. I don't know he'll. Be there but he might be there? Chance, HE'LL be there do you think. He will fit in maybe i mean probably not right away i'm Not Saying he'll come, in AND like get minutes on the western conference. Champions immediately but i kind of like what.
Speaker 1: He.
Speaker 3: Could do this is maybe my personal most.
Speaker 2: Intriguing pick Uh, he's Probably gonna go into the second round and if, portland if portland somehow someway CAN get a second round pick this would.
Speaker 1: Be the. One I would want them, To use.
Speaker 3: It on i'm excited.
Speaker 2: Isaiah livers okay six seven michigan forward he would have a hundred percent been. A first round pick if he wouldn't have fractured his, foot and now. He's a mid to late second round pick which is wild that disparity between, foreshore first round and mid second round for a, Foot break it's not.
Speaker 3: Even any look at its tear babies. Like it's just bones now.
Speaker 1: That shit is, coming right back you're gonna snap right back.
Speaker 3: He is long he can shoot forty. Three, percent from three he. Can definitely shoot fill it, up yeah and that?
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter like that little foot Break what does. That matter, very Good defender cost me. My michigan futures, Bet OH gosh.
Speaker 3: Your michigan futures. Bet Downside he's twenty. THREE but, i don't give a, fuck damian lillard's thirty, one i mean when you're picking late, WHEN you're picking late like especially like. In the second round i think you, stop thinking about age. You're. Really, Only THINKING about the, Age LIKE the tottery lottery.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah so i like, him like i think he could. BE really good for us.
Speaker 3: Like a like? A six seven i LIKE that six. Seven, who can shoot Ye Like. An mp mpj but thicker yeah We talked about isaiah jackson He's, like twenty pounds, heavier than isaiah jack, At, SIX seven yeah.
Speaker 1: SIX seven yeah. Two thirty something.
Speaker 2: Right yeah i like that i like that. That concludes it that concludes. The draft portion of the, show gonna be interesting to? Watch if you had one surprise what would your surprise be you have to give me just one thing that, You. Think might happen.
Speaker 1: THAT is like. GONNA shake shit.
Speaker 3: Up kley that's SO tough I think it i think we might See Like i mean i kind of. Or said it like isaiah todd somewhere to him going. Earlier but that, wouldn't like really move. THE needle, that.
Speaker 1: Much won't splash me that's? NOT splash me i.
Speaker 3: Mean would you? Consider, kaminga, AT five i would consider.
Speaker 1: That a splash.
Speaker 3: Then yeah okay i think That's Very.
Speaker 1: Possible comminga at five.
Speaker 2: I've got two splashes one detroit. Tray's the number, One pick i've, BEEN saying it all year.
Speaker 3: If it happens if. It happens, i need you to just text me right away oh yeah just.
Speaker 2: Text, me right away with like a smiley emoji or something.
Speaker 3: Well usually by this point it's like there there's, like been talks of like, oh like their contracts almost said or like stuff like that Or like oh like we saw like kid, like talking with detroit on the phone. Or something, LIKE that AND we haven't we haven't seen That so Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think i saw something there was like, detroit likes kate still.
Speaker 1: NOT committed one hundred percent to him.
Speaker 2: STILL evaluating all options i think that would shake shit up i Think Then that would Fuck, all OF the Plans up that golden state Has with cleveland because i, think cleveland Might try to grab Kate and maybe who knows maybe then Houston Ends up taking evan and then he Goes, three to jalen green ends up going, three to the pistons And That's who they. Wanted all along kind of like a celtics sixers trade.
Speaker 1: Scenario one of those things that would shake Shit Up fast that would put.
Speaker 2: A wrench in anything that golden state Would Want to do i think the second.
Speaker 3: One is, that golden, state. End up like moving, those picks oh yeah they yeah yeah we could see that.
Speaker 2: Either Moving them and Getting sugs or moving them all together with wiggins, and WISE men and then end.
Speaker 1: UP getting, some major player which I think would be.
Speaker 3: Dun't i mean that'd be a bit you. BETTER get, all star level, Player IF you're sending that much i. Mean that's facts facts.
Speaker 2: SO i think that would be it that's my main surprise. I, KNOW that there will be One That we cannot foresee.
Speaker 3: Yeah i want to talk about cam thomas for a, second little tiny SCORING Guard, HE actually he's not that Tiny But guard. At lsu yes i think, he HAS like lou williams. Potential he can fill.
Speaker 2: It up so i Think You're right he will not start though he is will. Lou williams POTENTIAL in the sense That He can get buckets the. Thing i don't like about cam thomas is around the, rim it always feels like he's an under the rim scorer like he's. Always coming down when he's when he's finally, Letting IT go his.
Speaker 3: Lay a package needs work for. SURE but i mean he's got a great. Mid, RANGE game i think he. Could really help the team yeah i? Think he could help where Do? You think he'll he'll go do you? Like him for phoenix do you, think, he'd go. Twenty nine because that would. Be a great good Great spot, he's definitely one OF those.
Speaker 2: He feels like a phoenix player you. Know what i mean he's like great in the mid range he has an interesting shot like sort.
Speaker 3: OF two piece.
Speaker 1: Two piece has he like.
Speaker 3: But, once he i don't know he's got. An interesting like rise but, his like release is, like THAT.
Speaker 1: He has a smooth release but, the rise pause which i think is.
Speaker 3: Great, for mid range but. HE he pauses.
Speaker 2: EVEN from deep, Yeah he kind of does I like. Him i like him but you you're for THE lsu.
Speaker 3: GUYS i'm not, so IT'S a LITTLE bit of lsu bias i WON'T lie but i just i he's falling on boards. And, i don't? Really know why? Because of his layup package yeah who? Else, do you like give any OTHER names before we go no you kind of covered like i actually. KIND of Like Some of the. GUYS that You Don't like i, think isaiah, todd has. POTENTIAL i think isaiah jackson does have you know decent potential. I don't, really have any other names To Really. THROW out i mean. What's the duke. Guy, like jalen johnson i think he's interesting he is interesting yeah but even, though like a lot of. People now, THINK he can't shoot he's falling a little bit but like i think. Someone's gonna, be happy with The Value they get.
Speaker 1: With him one question do you think ben simmons's playoff? Performance?
Speaker 3: Changed at? All? HOW people saw. PROSPECTS in the draft yes.
Speaker 2: Or no, yeah i did too i, think it changed everything They're like if you're not gonna shoot you.
Speaker 3: Could be a max guy in big. Moments and you.
Speaker 1: Would just pass it all the way up, if you can't shoot?
Speaker 2: Free throws AND you're not gonna shoot what are, We Doing and, that's, I Think, It's changed, My, mind Too Like.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh scotty bars i'm like nope not scottie barnes All right.
Speaker 3: That's all, the time that we have for the.
Speaker 1: Draft, show, please.
Speaker 2: Like please subscribe to all the social, channels, YadA YadA YadA we have this. League merch on sale YadA YadA YadA in the. Barstool store probably some this league merch coming for next season that's all the time that we have