Speaker 1: Amazon Prime Day now set for July sixteenth.
Speaker 2: What's going on? I'm Rich Demiro. This is Rich on Tech.
Speaker 1: Well, we now know the date for one of Amazon's biggest shopping events of the year. Amazon Prime Day starts July sixteenth at twelve pm Pacific three pm Eastern. Last year, Prime Day ran for thirty hours. This year it will be thirty six hours. So let's do the math, and you've got a lot of shopping time. Now, Remember, to get these deals, you do have to be an Amazon Prime member. Their membership is currently thirteen dollars a month, or one hundred and nineteen dollars for the year. Remember they just raised prices on an Amazon Prime membership. Also new this year whole food stores getting in on the actions. You can get some extra discounts there.
Speaker 2: So what can we expect now?
Speaker 1: Personally, I think that Amazon Prime Day has some good deals, but there's also a lot of letdowns and sometimes people just kind of mindlessly shop for stuff they don't necessarily need.
Speaker 2: To me, Amazon Prime Day is one.
Speaker 1: Of the best days to buy stuff because if you have your eye on something, chances are it's on sale and it's at one of the best prices.
Speaker 2: Of the year, So what can we expect.
Speaker 1: Amazon is going to push their own stuff first and foremost.
Speaker 2: If you haven't been keeping track, Amazon has a lot of house brands these days.
Speaker 1: Those are the brands you see advertised right above your search results.
Speaker 2: The other day, I saw one for Presto.
Speaker 1: I clicked it, and it's all their new paper products like toilet paper and paper towels.
Speaker 2: This year, Prime Day will.
Speaker 1: Feature double the deals on Amazon devices and the biggest deals yet on Alexa enabled devices that includes Echo fireTV Fire tablets, in addition to all their new home security stuff so like ring devices. So if you have your eye on any sort of electronic device that comes from Amazon, put it in your cart now and hold.
Speaker 2: Off until Prime Day.
Speaker 1: Amazon's also doing something kind of interesting this year, giant smileboxes. Amazon likes to do kind of a show now when they do big events.
Speaker 2: These giant smile.
Speaker 1: Boxes will make their way across land and sea, according to Amazon, to major cities around the world, including Los Angeles. There will be giant boxes and Amazon will open them for an unforgettable event.
Speaker 2: Their words, not mine. Not sure what that means, but I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Amazon isn't telling us the prices, but they have some deals that they are revealing already. A Delta faucet, which is an Alexa enabled kitchen faucet, will be on sale. A Coleman portable propane grill will be on sale. A Fingerling's light Up Unicorn Mackenzie, which is the first Fingerling with a special light up horn. I think those little toys that you put on your fingers for kids. An audible original production Hi Bob, which is American icon Bob Newhart. He sits down with special guests Sarah Silverman, Will Ferrell, Lisa Kudro, Jimmy Kimmel, Judd Apatow, and Conan O'Brien.
Speaker 2: I guess that will be on sale. Those buy drinks. I don't know if you've seen the ads for these things on billboards, but they're actually pretty good. They're like sugar free drinks.
Speaker 1: Asberry is a flavor paying homage to Justin Timberlake, and that will be on sale.
Speaker 2: What I'm interested in the Moto G six.
Speaker 1: This smartphone sells for two hundred and thirty five dollars right now. It is a fantastic value. It's unlocked. If you need a new smartphone. You're looking for something on a budget, definitely add the Moto G six sixty four gig to your cart right now. It's two hundred and thirty five dollars. It will be on sale during Prime Day Whole Foods. You're gonna get an additional ten percent off sale items, which, by the way, they already give you ten percent off regularly, so I guess this really means it's an extra ten percent off, So really twenty percent off, which is kind of cool. At Whole Foods, And starting today there are some deals immediately available. Echo Show is one hundred dollars off. Amazon brands are are on sale as well. Twenty five percent off furniture and decor from Rivet and also Stone and Beam. Up to twenty percent off Amazon Basics items if you haven't checked out Amazon Basics. Those are fantastic for little things like charging cables and any kind of assorted things you need around the house. There's also fifty percent off popular movies and TV shows.
Speaker 2: Let's see Amazon Music Unlimited. This is a good deal.
Speaker 1: You can get four months of on demand premium music for ninety nine cents. So if you have Spotify, my advice put that on hold for four months. You just saved yourself thirty nine dollars because now you got four months of music for ninety nine cents. Yes, you're gonna have to get used to a different app, but I think you can do that.
Speaker 2: For forty bucks.
Speaker 1: If you buy your first Kindle book, you'll get a ten dollars Prime Day credit. My suggestion buy my book one hundred and one Handy Tech Tips for the iPhone. You buy that for ten dollars, you'll get a ten dollars credit for Prime. Basically, my book would be free if it's the first time you're buying a kindle book, and don't forget you can read a kindle book using the Kindle app on your iPhone or on your iPad or on any device pretty much and finally Audible. If you haven't subscribed before, you can get your first three months at five dollars a month, which is like sixty five percent off. So again my advice, don't just mindly look for stuff to buy the day of Prime. You really have to do your homework before Prime Day starts, so start shopping now. Look for the stuff that you need and add it to your shopping cart. Now that way, when Prime Day rolls around, you can go in your shopping car on Amazon and you can see if anything has been discounted that you actually need, then you can purchase it now. If you do want to just check out deals and kind of browse through those, the best way to do that, I think is through the Amazon App. So you download the Amazon App, you press the menu button, tap Today's Deals. Then you can go to the upcoming tab and you can see all the deals that will be happening, including Prime Day deals. And if you want to keep an eye on a deal, you just say watch this deal, you tap that, and then your phone will send you a notification when it is time for that deal to go live.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 1: That is the skinny on Amazon Prime Day twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: If you want to learn more, you can go.
Speaker 1: To my website rich on tech dot tv. I've got links to most of what I mentioned here, And if you like this podcast, be sure to and review it in Apple Podcasts. That way more people discover it. I'm Rich damiro Thanks so much for listening.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you real soon.