Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: All right, Carol Masser, Tim Stanevik, just a quick reminder of how we wrapped up on this Thursday. Interesting day, definitely more of a risk off trade. We've got one and a half percent lower on the S and P five hundred at the closed, same story, Tim, for the Dow Jones Industrial Average NASTAQ one hundred even a deeper, and we saw some selling into the close down about one point seven. Yeah.
Speaker 1: A different day on the day, certainly a different day than we've seen with the volatility we've seen intra day volatility, but we haven't we've seen the dip buyers come in the S and P five hundred today at its worst day in a month. It's at levels last seene Carol, going back to November of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I keep thinking, you know, don't forget, We've got at a thirty am Wall Street time an inflation print. It is the FEDS per preferred inflation gage. I believe it's for a read. Let me just pull it up here. I think it's for January. So once again it's some older data. But for me, I think these are even though they're older.
Speaker 2: It's pre war.
Speaker 3: It's just a reminder of kind of where inflation was ahead of it because we know right now markets, investors, and society are worried about inflation pressures.
Speaker 1: I'm Tim Stinebeck along with Carol Master. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We are joined by Avalon Pernell. She's Bloomberg News Equities reporter.
Speaker 4: Hey have Alon, Hi, Well, we can go ahead and get started with some after the market moves. Alta it is falling about eight percent today postmarket. That's after they reported earnings that kind of fell short of expectations. Earnings for share for the fourth quarter fell slightly short, and the midpoint of its full year EPs forecasts also missed estimates. And let's really expected to see a solid holiday demand for gifting. But now we're getting back to that question of like how healthy is a consumer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean Alta tick our Ulta down more than eight percent. I mean this has kind of been a gem. I mean it's a stock that's still up about three year to day, like.
Speaker 1: This is supposed to be. You know, this was the stock, right, we all need our beauty stuff. I'm just gonna true.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Adobe another aftermarket ADB is the ticker.
Speaker 4: Yes, that stock is slanting about six point six percent postmarket. That's after despite having a pretty good quarter. Bloomberg Intelligence writing that the CEO's transition he's planning to go ahead and head out he's resigning, is overshadowing a pretty steady first quarter performance, and it also brings up additional questions about how software companies are going to be able to deal with this question of AI.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we keep wondering. You know how that is that stocks down about twenty three percent year to date, so we're continuing to see some pressure. I know, I know, Helleluiah, you like went through the pressure.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was going to say something about bumble. Oh yeah, Carol loves saying swipe right.
Speaker 4: Yes, the bumble ticker b MBL swored thirty four percent into the clusters.
Speaker 3: We're sweeping right on the staff care.
Speaker 4: That is perfect. It's for its biggest jobs twenty two.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it had a pretty modest but good fourth quarter revenue Beat and also analysts were pretty happy about the fact that they're announcing some additional AI power tools, including one tool that could potentially help you have a personal matchmaker.
Speaker 3: I do not.
Speaker 4: I don't know how I feel about that.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine listen? That terrifies me.
Speaker 1: This I was. This is how old I am? Like, this wasn't a thing when I met my wife?
Speaker 3: Well certainly, yeah, that's how old I am.
Speaker 2: We just met.
Speaker 1: We had that one. I don't remember the website like it.
Speaker 3: Wasn't there was another day. Look at Avalanche like you too? Yes you Bumble and bumble used to be back in twenty twenty one and almost eighty.
Speaker 1: Dollars just bumble?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, what do I call it? Bumble?
Speaker 2: Bumble?
Speaker 4: The haircare.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the late this market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.