Speaker 1: A one many band. Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to leading off right here on Fantasy Bros. Brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books. It's me, Joey Pa Joe Pisapia with me today. I'd say it's Fantasy Pros and Fantasy Bros.
Speaker 2: That's what I's been to say. I wasn't sure. I'm like, did you know you said pros and just kept I did?
Speaker 1: I I meant to say pros. It's Monday. It was very very hot here yesterday, actually all weekend in New Jersey. Uh yeah, bald man, that's all. It's a lot to take in.
Speaker 2: I'm familiar with the heat.
Speaker 1: Yes, I see that Welsh has gone uh full uh full buzz cut.
Speaker 2: This is this is one of my Welsh variants that everybody is getting to see.
Speaker 1: This is the Welsh variance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I don't know which variant this is yet, but this is one of the many looks. If you go back and look, someone should do this at the end of the season. Joe, you are consistent. You are consistent of consistency myself.
Speaker 1: I get the beard sometimes.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what that's true.
Speaker 1: It's get a little rocky with the beard. I do the you know, that's like me and October. It's like it's week seven. Try to get through the season. I think that happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you might be like two variants, but I'm gonna be like Doctor Stranger and the multim versu of madness of people at the end, going. Look if you take pictures because I had I had the glasses. Look, I'll have the beard, I'll have the no beard, I got the long hair, I'll have the hat and one of the.
Speaker 1: The glasses was a beautiful thing. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't.
Speaker 1: But I look forward to your Disney Plus series, which I know is going to be fantastic because everybody's getting a Disney Plus series at this point. I mean just everyone could use it, so the well should. I are going to break down everything that happened. The Fantasy bros of Fantasy Pros are going to tell you everything that happened in the world of Major League Baseball. And this is huge news everybody, because before you even start, we are so close. Look at this six point nine seven thousand subscribers. We are so close to seven k on our YouTube channel we do on YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros m l B. I'm asking you if we've ever made you laugh, if we've ever helped you out with a trade, helped you out picking up a player. Now's the time where three hundred subscribers away from getting to the big seven K mark. Let's go. You know what I should have today and liked the video?
Speaker 2: Yes, I if I were thinking in my right brain, I should have offered once we hit seven thousand, we would shave my head live on the show. That would probably be and we just do like a big buzz right in the middle. That's super uncomfortable thing. There's nothing more disconcerting than when you have like, you know, like grown out, long, full hair and then you do the buzz in the middle and you find where you're balding, and then you just kind of your life flashes before your eyes. That would have been a really good look with that buzz right down the middle for everybody. But next time, let's get to seven.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny too that like you and Bogman have we like Bogman every now and then will shave his beard, which he did and send me a picture on Friday, and I love whenever Bogman shaves Beard. Let me tell you he looks like a toally different person. There's a lot of funny jokes. I'm gonna send you that thread, by the way, the two of us. But look, here we go. I'm sorry. We're only thirty away, not three hundred away. Thirty thirty. Let's go. We're only thirty away. That's where we are. Okay, not all right, so let's go. Come on, everybody, no excuses. I want this to happen today. Seven thousand subscribers. They said it could never happen, but they're wrong. All right, let's get to some of our great MLB content here. Let's just jump right in. We had Adlie Rutchman debut, very exciting. We'll talk more about him in a moment. My Trout hits his twelfth home run on Sunday versus the a showy Otani in a ball that hasn't landed yet over the greenery. It does. It feels a tremendous over run. Manny Machado continues to just be amazing. Four hits for him, and then of course he had the little U double dip in the Bronx, which I wasn't sure how much we were gonna get into or not get into. But it is kind of a baseball talk right now. It's not really fantacy related, it's not really betting related. But you know, I thought about this whole thing with Tim Anderson and with Josh Donaldson, and I took my time this morning to to really think about this and measure my words carefully about all of this.
Speaker 2: And let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Josh Donaldson has a history Chris Meanie. One time interviewed Josh Donaldson, and I asked then, I was like, how did it go? And Chris Meanie, our good friend, friend of the show for many many years and a good personal friend of mine, might be the nicest human being on the planet. I say, that's probably super Canadian, just just just a brilliantly wonderful, kind human being. And he was like, that guy's kind of off putting. That was his big take away.
Speaker 2: He's like, we're not a couple of those. I've had a couple of those in my time, even with prospects. I've had a couple of guys that were kind of off putting. Major league major leaguers are a little bit more frightening because they're more established in their life where they're they're willing to go more full off putting. Like I could tell you a couple of prospects right now that once they get that money, they get that comfortability, they'll probably go into that comfortable uncomfortableness if you will.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Josh Donaldson obviously made a remark he called Tim Anderson Jackie like Jackie Robinson, like in you know that article from twenty nineteen. I think it was where Tim Anderson was saying that, you know, he wants to be like Jackie Robins, or he sees himself as Jackie Robinson, somebody bringing a fun intensity and a different style of play. He wasn't trying to say, hey, I'm you know, knocking down barriers and things like that. He wasn't being hyperbolic in that sense in terms of the Jackie Robinson because that would be foolish thing to say because of what Jackie Robinson endured had.
Speaker 2: Said it to him. After this happened, I think Donaldson had like that, like to be his little thing apparently right.
Speaker 1: And again that was his little thing maybe three years ago. But there's been a lot of things that have happened in this country in the last three years. And I think that Tim Anderson also has dealt with a lot of things in the last three years too. Also, let's not forget Josh Donaldson has got into it before with some other players, Lucas Gielino, like, there's a lot of guys that Donaldson has gotten into it with before.
Speaker 2: Donaldson's the nu Machiado by the way, I just want to point out, if you remember, Machado used to be the guy that got into it for everybody. That was his memo, and it's now Donaldson. They know they just he passed on the torch to Donaldson to just be the biggest you know, doof in baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I guess what I came to the conclusion is this, I do believe Josh Donaldson probably didn't mean anything racially about it. He seems very sincere. However, you have to be careful of what you say. And I think even if it wasn't taken that way at first, sometimes people do laugh things off because it's either to laugh things off to get upset about it when it comes to these sort of moments. And I think three years later, maybe it's gotten to a point where the situation was different, it was heated between the two of them. It's the wrong thing to say in that moment, and Tim Anderson is right for being upset about it, and he has every right to be upset about it. But I will take it one step further too. I think it's also kind of if you if you want to call yourself or you see yourself as a Jackie Robinson mold and that kind of person was so important to you and the class with which Jackie Robinson handle all these situations, then I think after the game, too, you find a way to elevate the conversation instead of saying those I shut those mfors up in Yankees Stadium, mf this blah blah blah. So I think everybody can be better. That is where I've come to on this. I am more on the Tim Anderson side of this, because I think it's important to understand that side of it a little bit more. But I think everybody can be better. I hope those two guys get together and figure it out and then have a more elevated conversation. So there you go. That is I've really taken my time to come to listen to everybody this morning, think about it, have my thoughts about it, and I'm bringing my thoughts to you, Welsh. I'm curious what your take is, if you even want to dip your toes in this water.
Speaker 2: No, I mean I kind of think just about the same thing. I think they're both you know, they're both complicit kind of like in the issue. I kind of agree. I don't think Donaldson had a bunch of necessary hate built around all of it, but he obviously doesn't have any like introspective nature to understand like you're you know, you're being awful, you know, like you are pressing somebody, and this can be charged in a certain way. He's just like, I'm just having fun, just boys being boys, and it's like, nah, ain't a boys being boys type of situation. I want one hundred percent see the instant how that could affect him Anderson and why he would be affected by it. And it's a good point. I'll tell you. One thing I didn't think about was, you know, you want to be better in it. You try to elevate yourself above. I don't think there's many baseball players or mini athletes right now that really push themselves above a certain situation to try to fix it. Everyone's very reaction.
Speaker 1: I'm not this. Do you remember when there were anti semitic comments made and Julian Edelman reach out to the person, was like, I'm gonna educate that person. I don't remember who it was about. Maybe someone of the Penis and Cracker Jacks can remind me. You remember me some anti semitic or they came off as anti semitic about something, and Julian Edelman, who takes it very seriously, said Hey, instead of killing this guy, I'm gonna go and reach out to him and invite him to come to the Holocaust with me. That's the kind of stuff we need where we all just go, oh, I get it now. I think that's I think that's a better place to be. It's supposed to disciplining people and all these things. You know, look one hundred and sixty two games in a long season, man, and it's and you're playing in ninety five degree weather and it's hot, and you know, guys get physical sometimes. It's a lot of things that can get out of control. And I just think that everybody. Donaldson certainly can learn to be better because he has a track record and Tim Anderson if he really is truly inspired by Jackie Robinson, then it's not about eating it all the time. It's not about you know, dying at a young age because you know, of all the things that Jackie Robinson had to bear the burdens of, but I think you can bear the burden of find a little bit more of a class at the end of it all, because I think that's a better representation for everybody, for the kids who are watching the game. That's it. That's my two cents. Let's go talk to the rest of bats by the show.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Michael Kopek was fantastic, by the way in that game. Also Aj Pollock with the gohet homer in the ninth in that first one. All right. Injuries Freddie Peralta, Oh my god, I've got a team that's got the gram Scherzer and Freddy Parolta on it. And Welsh I am not a happy camp you had a team. Hey, I'm still in second place out of fifteen, baby, because I had Justin Verlander for a buck last year and I kept him. Whoo, Rick Flair Freddy Parolta had the same injury last year. Are we panicked? Because this is literally the same thing. They shut him down, everybody panicked. He came back and he was gangbusters rest of the season. So it's just a matter of, Hey, this is just the Freddy Parolta pathway, or should we be a little bit more concerned that it's twice in two years.
Speaker 2: I would be a concern that it's twice in two years, because we don't give passes to anybody that have multi year injuries that are of the same, like like who gets the pass? Look at the hitters. Byron Buckson's been one of the best baseball players out there, and it's like his track record of injury follows him. So we should, especially with the pitcher, be a little bit concerned. But I think it's also it's volatility. You know that he's a volatile type of pitcher. You know what you're getting in for. They've definitely pitched him higher. It's actually funny. I was looking at a lot of his prop jests. Is very interested in betting on him, and ultimately I didn't, and I was really paying attention to pitch counts because you know, he's someone that I feel I can go both ways, and they've pushed him this year. You know, he's pushed I think all but maybe two starts he had gone over ninety pitches in games, so they had really pushed him further and not babied him whatsoever. And then look what happens and injuries kind of followed. So he can be awesome. I just here's what I wonder when he comes back, do they play the piggyback game?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I see some of the chat has already thrown in some of those names that Aaron Ashby's are out there. They've got this really great minor league Antoine, Kelly, Ethan Small as well. There's a couple guys out there that I wonder if they start playing piggybacks so you don't press Freddy perraulta to ninety two one hundred pitches. Maybe that's part of the problem at the end of the day, and maybe they need to keep him. When he comes back, he can be great, But what if he is going to be pushed down a little bit and you piggyback Ashby? You know that the Potteris were doing it with Clevenger and Gore. I could see it something. So again, you know, do you freak out? Do you freak out about any of these guys. Know you don't go nuts, but I will be concerned, and I would any injury concern you would add to other pictures that you know, Clayton Kershaw's alike, I would throw in with with Freddy Peralta.
Speaker 1: I would add Ashby if I had that opportunity to answer Eric's question, and I would also add insurance. That's what I would like to do. Also, good job here. Aaron over here said that it was to Shaun Jackson. So the piance of the cracker Jacks remind me of who that person was cause to Shawn Jackson. And again, I don't think it's something he meant to do or it came off that whatever it was, at the end of the day, it was insensitive, and it's okay to be insensitive. Everybody makes mistakes. It says stupid things, my goodness, I mean, how many stupid things do I say in a day? Doesn't mean I can't learn from the movie better. But let's not like you know, let's let's find a way to elevate the conversation. I think that's that's the best thing we can do. Taylor Award set again to go an MRI exam on Monday. So all those people who yelled at me about you know, I just nobody said that I did want anybody to get hurt. All I know is that Taylor Ward when something's good, too good to be true, it always is. And I hope he's okay. It is his frustrating. So you say, Joe Adell time, Is it just as simple as that.
Speaker 2: Well, Jodell's been killing it in the minors. I think that's the play. I you know, you send him down to get regular bats to succeed. He's been doing that. He was the guy that was kind of the fall He was the fallout of Taylor Ward getting the starting gig and being successful. Yeah, I think that's the play that they're gonna have to do if Ward is going to miss extended time, Adele's got to come back and for the third time, try to show some maturation, try to show some growth hitting a breaking pitch and not striking out thirty five percent of the time. So I'd be interested in he's had a really really successful run. As you know, he's faltering between that quad A type of stuff right now. You know, he kills triple A. He does not succeed at the majors. Something's gonna have to bend at some point, and maybe this will be the shot. I'd I'd be speculative adding Jo Adell right now.
Speaker 1: All right, U, Chad Green is already having howmy John surgery now a role? This Chapman is dealing with an achilles injury? What do you do with his Yankees bullpen? Right now? Is there somebody in particular you are Chadigan.
Speaker 2: Oh, you go get Chad Holmes. You get him yesterday, Chadhame. If Chapman were to miss serious time, there's a serious conversation going on. Even if Chapman doesn't miss anytime, that Holmes might need to be the guy that takes over the closing role. He's already got four saves, He's got a boatload of wins. He's actually been probably the most valuable reliever in fantasy baseball right now. If he were to take over that closing gig, Clay Holmes, I said, chat Clay Holmes, I would probably say he immediately jumps in his top four closers in baseball. So Holmes would be the guy that you go pick up yesterday. And everyone should be speculating right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and by the way, Aaron's crushing it today. Aaron is the MVP of the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks crushing it. He has the right homes, He's got the right the Shan Jackson call in there, Aaron.
Speaker 2: Well, the award MVB.
Speaker 1: That's a cracker MVB.
Speaker 2: About the jack MVP award for the day is there?
Speaker 1: You get my undying respect and some crop reviver from landscape. That's what you get for your mom. Yes, all right, let's go to the minor leagues for a second, because Ali Rushman came up and is now a Baltimore oriole beautiful moment where he came out behind home plate soaked in the crowd. It's beautiful. He seems like the best kid ever. Certainly switch hitting catcher. You look at the minor league track record over one hundred and seventy nine games at two eighty two and the three ninety one ovp A four eighty eight slugging a eight seventy eight ops. Typically speaking, you know, big time young catchers tend to struggle because they're learning, they're they're they're trying to figure out the pitching staff. They have a lot there's a lot going on your fantasy teams.
Speaker 2: There's two you're learning two things on the fly. Not that you don't know how to be a catcher, but catching, you know, starting pitchers and calling games and finding the rhythm is quite an undertaking though many many believe, and you know, Grayson Rodriguez, his teammate, believes this guy's going to go down as the greatest catcher of all time. You know, obviously you got to pump up your guys, but Grayson touts.
Speaker 1: And also Rodriguez is also fifteen years old, so in his mind, who's that, well, he might be.
Speaker 2: Funny thing is like, yeah, no, I know what you're saying. A funny thing though, it'll be really interesting to see is Adley has gotten DL Hall and Grayson Rodriguez to a round a two to e ra when he catches them and when he doesn't, those guys have ballooned up into the fives and whatnot. I mean, great, Grayson is a phenomenal catcher. But to your point, you're learning your staff, you're learning that thing, and then you're also learning to hit at major league level. The thing about him, though, is this is an advance, advance hitter. This is a big bat who doesn't need power. His first major league hit was a stand up triple, though you know probably call it a double because it was I think it went past I don't remember what it was. I think I saw also mayor immediate surprise. His first comment was, Okay, he gets his first hit, but do we really have to say that's a triple? I mean he immediately crapped on his first major league hit. I mean, it did it. It went past the guy bobbled I don't remember which one it was, but advance advanced hitter. But you do have to be a little bit cautious, of course, especially with rookie catchers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's go through some other things here. So Atli rutchmand up and look the moon of the stars for this kid, like I want him to be great right out of the gate, but if he struggles a little bit, just understand there's just a lot of responsibility at that position. And I'm not gonna make the Matt Wieders comparison, because I'll be honest with you, I'm old enough to remember when Matt Wieters came up and we heard the same thing, the same that this guy's going to revolutionize the catcher position. He's going to be the best hitting catcher, best offensive catcher, a perenhal All Star. He was none of those things watching Rutchman and tape that I've watched him over the years. Totally different hitter, totally different thing. I think this guy is that good. But again, just remember there is a range of outcomes here. But you should be very excited that he's up. And you called this, you said, hey, there's gonna be more. And now that Nolan Gorman's up, there's gonna be another wave. So I guess here's the next one.
Speaker 2: That wave is starting out for sure?
Speaker 1: Well, is that wave going to bring us on your Cruz? And Mason Martin, who both Homer this weekend as well? Is that? I mean? The pirates, the poor pirate fans have to sit there and watch this dribble. Why can't they get Yeah, at least an your cruise up? What the hell?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the Ano Cruz one is pretty crazy. So a couple of the things they just called up. Rowinsa Contreras who is nuts, and if he gets a starting rotation shot, he's very interesting. I don't know about Mason Martin. He I mean he's got huge, massive power. This guy, he's actually his whole family like bodybuilders, Like he's going to be some just nuts, muscle bound freak who's gonna hit big bombs. But he hits like two forty O'Neill. I think they're dealing with some stuff because it sounds like they're making the big move to outfield for him and he doesn't want it. He even said in an interview, He's like, I don't want to play in the outfield. So I think there's a transitional period that they're still dealing with. Is he's not hitting the cover off the ball. I've never been a begging O'Neil Cruz guy. He's not destroying Triple.
Speaker 1: A, but he's I mean, Polonko was a huge disappointment trying to I mean, Marte was very good, but there was another one in between there. I mean, Josh Bell is another one I thought was just always okay, Like I thought he would be an okay player and he turned out to me Austin Meadows. Everybody knows my Austin Meadows. Things have gone on for years and years about how over at Austin Meadows was. And he's a fine, he's Fine, he's just fine. I don't know if he's special. Fine. Fun facts, let's go to fun facts. Here's a Many Mitchado fun fact. Many Mitchaddell became the first player in Major League baseball history, Welsh history, with three doubles, a triple, three run scored, and a walk in a single game, the history of Major League Baseball. Many Mitchadell is the only got to do that this weekend.
Speaker 2: That's that is kind of wildly weird to me that the I love those stats, by way, those are my favorite about baseball. Or someone cherry, something we'll never talk about in the history. There will be two generations of fantasy pros analysts that'll come on here and we'll never talk about, Hey, who's that last guy that had three doubles of triple, three runs and a walk in a game. It's something special about baseball that it always provides us something we'll never talk about again.
Speaker 1: All Right, here's a fun trivia question at which ballpark has Albert Pools hit the most home runs as a visiting player? Most home runs as a visiting player for Albert Pools. If anybody knows the answer, drop it in the chat, and again you will get my undying respect again. And if you want to make comments, you have to subscribe to our YouTube channel, so don't forget. We're only thirty away. I don't know, maybe we've gotten a couple just since the beginning of the show, but make sure you subscribe. We've also got the two videos coming out a week. We're doing the Waiver Wire video the Bilo Sell High video. So you don't have to read stuff on the website. I just talked to you because you know, it's like the audible version of Fantasy pros. So that's that's what I've got here. Someone says Pittsburgh, someone says Cincinnati. Know that that is not correct. You would think maybe perhaps, but nope, as a visiting player. There's another one. So we'll get to that a little later on. Let's move on to the next segment here, and let's talk about this day in baseball May twenty third, two thousand and two. I remember this game. Sean Green, then playing for the Dodgers, go six for six in Milwaukee with four home runs, seven rubies, and nineteen total bases. So, needless to say, he hit the over on the one and a half he probably had that day.
Speaker 2: You know, funny thing about Sean Shawn Green will always have this little tiny place in my heart. When I was very, very younger and I worked for sports radio station. We were doing a live broadcast outside of Chase Field and they were it was right before the season started, and they were bringing in players to us to interview. Brandon Webb came down a couple of other players and the PR person comes up to me and says, I can get you, can have Sewn Green, or we can get you Steven Drew. And as a prospect person, I immediately was like Steven Drew and then I just shoot Sewan Green as side to never be interviewed and go off into obscurity when he played his one season with the Diamondbacks and it was all Steven Drew the time for that and then that worked out.
Speaker 1: Like so did not work out? No, I look at it may pretending like here's Joe claiming to remember something ridiculous. Again, No, I remember it because I was playing fantasy baseball all Mike Maher was in fifth grade. So yeah, so I remember this. I remember.
Speaker 2: I also remember a couple a couple of those four homers. Bagman and I have had any discussions about how the four homer game is equivalent to a perfect game for a pitcher, where the cycle is equivalent to a no hitter, they actually kind of interact line there's not a whole lot, because you can kind of remember those I think Luis Gonzalez had a four homer end game, like there's not a lot. It's very, very minimal, and I equate it to like that type of impressiveness. And by the way, I did see somebody in the chat nail the question, ah.
Speaker 1: Because the correct answer is Houston a Mark minute May Park is correct. That's where Albert Pools is the most road home runs. He went off Brad Lynch that still hasn't landed.
Speaker 2: If you're the most memorable, probably the most memorable homer of Albert Poolhols's career, if you're not like a big Albert pool Hols fan, that's the one. The bride Ledge homers, the one.
Speaker 1: There you go, All right, boy, Pens and Cracker Dricks are crushing it today. Let's do the stat heroes in one breath for the pitchers. Zach Efflin twelve case to earned, Nady Evaldi eleven case two earned over six and two third Shane Bieber seven innings, ten k's was it your Queiti ten k's as well. One earned over six and two thirds. Christian Hoavier one earned over six. Nine k's Justin Steel five scoreless innings, nine k's Justin Verlander again, eight excuse me six innings, eight case Sandy Alcantra seven k's nine innings, pitch of Patrick Sandoval seven k's one earned over seven pretty pretty good deep breath. I didn't get through all of them. Also, Hunter Green six k's one earned over six innings. So for everybody freaking out on Hunter Green, I told you just stop freaking out, Just give the kids some time. He's just the boy.
Speaker 2: His changed just the boy, well it's not even just a boy. He made a very very big This is actually something we were breaking down on itl and he did it again in this last start and it has equated to three good starts. Because I was watching this game, because I actually had a couple different bets on the game. One of the bets as I was betting Hunter Green walks and I had it two and a half and he hit two. But the last three starts Hunter Green, the change he's made is he's throwing his slider more than his fastball now. I mean he is concertedly like fifty ish sixty percent sliders, and he is going heavy early pitch sliders. That's something he's never done in his career before. And if you look past the last three starts, he was fastball fifty five sixty percent of the time. Ever since he has gone so dominant slider and that fastball has been set up, he's finding great results and his pinpoint command right now with the slider, it is what is getting him really, really, really good starts. And if this twenty years, he's gonna be rough.
Speaker 1: Stevenson was on the il when he had that blow up start, Wasn't he Howard Stevenson wasn't I believe? So? Yeah, I believe so okay, because that's that's the other thing that's changed recently in the last couple of weeks is that you've also had a real catcher come in there and call his games, who knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Lots of guys on some of the catchers. We've seen that over many, many years, where you need specific catchers who understand. I think it's a little bit different now with like Pitchcolm and you know they're they're scheduling out a whole bunch more. But I would love to know the details of who made the decision for Hunter Green. Was it himself, was it a Tyler Stevenson? How is that work?
Speaker 1: He was, Yeah, Yeah, results are all that matters. Josh Rojas got results three for five with three home runs on Friday, but he ended up leaving the game after being hit by a pitch that he swung at, So that's an interesting one. Patrick Wisdom for for eleven with three home runs over the weekend. I did not have Patrick Wisdom at Randy Rose Arena heating up, like I told everybody. So if you made the trade on Friday for Randy Rose Arena for Taylor Ward like I told you in the video to he did pretty well this weekend eight for thirteen, two home runs, three a steal, hitting three twenty one with four home runs in the month of May, Bobashett three for twelve with two home runs. Mookie Betts had two dingers this weekend. Trevor Story after the Great Game just two for eleven, but those two were two home runs over the last eight games, still looking much better than he was. Will Meyers five for fourteen with two doubles. Man Matchato we talked about the top of the show, just incredible, and Tommy Edmond continues to be very steady. Seven for sixteen with a stolen base. You know, a lot of people at soured on Tommy Edmund in drafts this year. He has really kind of stuck it to those people that thought he was just kind of a, you know, a flukish kind of player. He's a very steady, you know, dink and doink kind of hitter. But at the end of the day, man, he hustles, he plays hard, and he fills the statue. He plays above his potential talent, and I think people sometimes can't wrap their mind around that. So good for Tommy Edmund. Where were you on the Tommy Edmund train. I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: It's a little indifferent. I mean I had him, you know, firmly inside the top one hundred. He wasn't a big draft target. I do think I was a little bit more and the you know, it's all going to kind of come back down a little bit. They also have some pieces around this team that we're going to be coming up. But I saw somebody say this a little while back. I can't recall who it was, but Edmund has been everything that we wanted out of wit mirrorfield. You know, he has had some power stealing basis. Yeah, this year, of course, and you know it's a game changer. So i'm I'm hey, Tommy Edmund, you can play multiple positions. He's now going to be playing shortstop with that qualification. He's hitting, he's running, He is everything that you want. So shame on any of us that did not like Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the bad news. We talked about Chapman already having some issues physically and on the mat. Obviously it's affecting him. Kyle Bradish five earned runs, Bryce Wilson seven earned runs, Kykele six earned I think Kykle's gonna be out of this rotation sooner than later. Trevor Rodgers continues to struggle give a three home runs, five earned Garrett Witlock terrible start for him, or after he had been pretty good. Five earned runs, So let's not freak out. There could be an opportunity to buy Whitlock. They need him in that rotation.
Speaker 2: I mean, also, besides a rotation real quick, they could probably use a closer as well, and Whitlock was meant to be the closer. So he's a weird situation where if they don't, you know, if that doesn't work, just slide him over back into that like high leverage role and he would have value.
Speaker 1: Here we go Luis Robert two for fourteen, six k's, Alec Bohm five k's, two for thirteen, Jared Walsh over seven and five k's. I'd still buy Jared Walsh. We have Usmani Grondald two for fourteen with four k's or a mateo over fourteen with four k's and Cabrian Hayes two for fourteen with one k. This is the problem. Pittsburgh prospects continue to just not live up to the hype. This is another one. Cabrian Hayes. We Brian Hayes should be a real nice player, and I think we had our lower expectations for Hayes not to be a star, but I mean, he's not getting it done well. She is just frankly not getting it done. And this is why Pittsburgh is where Pittsburgh is because the scouting department has not done a good enough job of bringing back pieces in these trades. These mega trades that they made bringing back the wrong prospects or then bringing back the right prospects like Joe Musgrove and then flipping them because they can't get Joe Musgrove to be Joe Musgrove.
Speaker 2: So well Fantasy honors to me. Actually, it's actually it reminds me of dynasty Fantasy owners specifically, where you know, you put all of your eggs into this basket of building up these prospects, and then they come up, they don't succeed, and then you just move on and they really struggle. I think their scouting department is actually good. They were really known to have issues with developmental stuff, so like they were not an analytical team. I believe some of that's changed. But then the you know, the idea to be able to mature these players is where they struggle the most because look at the success stories we see, you know, Meadows did find Glass. Now the guys they move off of that go to succeed. They've got an internal problem. I don't think they're getting the wrong guys, they just don't know how to develop any of these guys or put them in a place to succeed. Kee Brian Hayes is a guy that needs to succeed. If he were going the next year, he will explode if you were to go to a team like the Cardinals or you know, whoever, really whoever at this point.
Speaker 1: Just another in the long line of disappointments, though, and then the Pittsburgh Pirate fans watching Joe Musgrove pitch to a one nine era going what the hell? And I don't blame them. I would be furious if I was all right. I'm also furious about the leaderboard for home runs because nobody seems to be more shake the night King in the North, who's up to sixteen over the weekend? Two more home runs?
Speaker 2: We need to get rid of this night.
Speaker 1: Where is Arius Stark when you need her? Uh? But yeah, look at the Niking in the North just crushing it. That Fernando Tattis Jersey autographed is not gonna give away itself. It's still a race, by the way, Mike Mayers and double digits now. So he's gritting real close to the top of that board, which is you know, even more upset. Yeah, let's get to you.
Speaker 2: Did not get homers by the way this week, and nor you are.
Speaker 1: I No, I went to know on Gorman, I was trying to have some fun with the kid. Didn't didn't work.
Speaker 2: But that's for a little bit. So I'm one away. I think I'm one away from double Digi's.
Speaker 1: Well, I've put the crown on, so you know what that means. It's time for some betting pros. It's time for a little bit of bet mgm. The King of Sportsbooks special offer still going ten dollars you bet you win two hundred on any bet regardless of the outcome when you sign up using the promo code leading off at betmgm dot com or just download the bet mgm app. Again, the King of Sportsbooks wants you to be part of the Kingdom, so go use that promo code leading off today on betmgm, I've got over on the one and a half total basis for Joser Ramirez at plus one thirty three, you're getting Stanton with a great match up against Jordan Lyles tonight, same number one point five you're getting at plus one twenty, you're getting plus one oh four on that same one and a half on Jose Al two A on the total basis. Brian Reynolds, I know you're goetta think them crazy, but plus one thirty against cool Chad and then ty France same thing, plus one fifty excuse me, one and a half plus one thirty for ty France. Any prop bets that you scooted out there and found that you liked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, er one was as Jean Carlos Stanton one. I've also got that plus one twenty total bases one and a half. This is very good matchup for Stanton. You're gonna play the total bass marker, You're gonna you know, you're obviously playing multi hits, or you're gonna want to play for a big bopper and just ended in one spot. I love the Typhrance one that you have. I really like that one as well, at plus one thirty over one and a half. The only other one the strikeout markers. I don't know if I'm in love. They've been getting tougher, especially.
Speaker 1: The day half. Actually, it's funny you mentioned that Welsh because I looked specifically for some pitching ones tonight couldn't find anything I liked. It was just a hot mess.
Speaker 2: Well, well, not only are they getting tougher in how they're being placed, they're also moving through the day. I've had multiple guys we've talked about on shows. Come in. Look again, and you're looking at different books, and I'll see a full strikeout ahead or after an hour. It'll move as people are betting them, So that's becoming tougher. One I do kind of like, is I like the Miles Micholis strikeout marker. It's a low marker. He's not a huge strikeout guy, but I believe five of eight starts he's hit five strikeouts. It's at five. This is actually contrary to what the what the betting priss cheat sheet wants. They actually kind of like the under. I like the over, which would actually it's minus one forty five on the over, so I'm actually not even sure what the plus is going to be here. But five strikeouts against Toronto, I'm gonna take that one on Miles Nicholas.
Speaker 1: All right tonight, DFS, keep it simple. We're doing the kiss method here, Okay, just keep it simple. Stupid and I'm stupid being me. Garrett cole and DK is ten point five, Zach Wheeler is nine point nine. Going against a braze, I'd rather have Garrett Cole. Garrett cole Over's last nineteen innings has been twenty four. K's two walks has been ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Good hitting success against Wheeler as well.
Speaker 1: By the way, yeah that's it, so stay away from Wheelers the trap tonight, go with Garrett Cole and then pair them with either Peterson or Cobb or do one of each. One of those is going to be right in that Mets Giants game. And then a FanDuel just play cash with Garret Cole, best Cole lineup wins, don't get fancy tonight stacks tonight Houston, Minnesota, the Dodgers, the Yankees, and then looking at Nolan Gorman two K on DK, Peralta three point eight, Julio at three point four, then on FanDuel David Peralta two point six, Gorman at two point five, Chris Taylor to eight, Labor tour Is at two eight, and Mike Mayer actually did something useful. Jonathan Scope fifteen for forty hitting three seventy five with six homers against Chris Archer and he's just two point three on FanDuel, three point four on DK. So Jonathan Scope, I'm surprising to make him his home run call. I made Aaron Judge my home run call because nobody could stop that guy, So let's go. And you took the other guy for the same team that I was contemplating taking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I took Jean Carlos Stanton, So that's the big one. He has a good, good track record, especially if you took looking BVP, because Mayor did take Scope, who is the number one he did. If you go and look at BVP, there's nobody that has a bigger advantage Scope with those six homers. I saw that as well. Stanton though, has got a close to five hundred average against Lyles and there's a decent amount of experience and they're not a ton of home but he's been crushing homers. So I really like Stanton today. I like your judge one as well. And listen, Scope is just a good play because it's straight BVP for Mayor. So we got some good calls and very curious to see what the rest of the community is it has and you can actually see what everybody has when you have the Discord app and you go into the homer and call room where everybody can make their own calls, you can see all the awesome calls by the community.
Speaker 1: There you go, and we'll be back tomorrow with seven thousand subscribers to the YouTube channel. Let's go thirty more people. Let's go if I don't have it when I come back here tomorrow. Oh, we had it already, did we hit it?
Speaker 2: I was about to say, let's not do a show. Let's not let's not.
Speaker 1: Go live until we want to protest.
Speaker 2: Awesome, we protested. We don't go if we didn't hit it, we don't go live. We don't go live.
Speaker 1: Higher else we might have a problem with that, but we'll see, we shall see. In the meantime, we hope you enjoyed the show and you come back for more and subscribe to the YouTube channel, because I like coming to work and I like doing this show, and I know Welsh. Those two Bogman will be with us tomorrow. But that'll do for us. Oh it's you again. That's right, you're getting mad in.
Speaker 2: My back on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bogman Friday, lots of moving parts of Welsh may or may not do the show. So look, if you want us back, it's one thing to do. Subscribe to the YouTube channel. That'll do it for us, boys and girls. But the story of the game goes on for Welsh. I'm Joey p see you next time. Gets