Speaker 1: Reviews are in for one hundred and one Handy Tech Tips for the iPhone, and they're pretty good.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm Rich Damiro. This is Rich on Tech. Many of you have picked up my book already, one hundred and one Handy Tech Tips for the iPhone. Thanks so much for that. I'm getting the reviews in, I'm getting the emails in. They're all pretty positive. So I do like that, except for the fact that many of you want a paperback that is noted for the next version of the book. But until then, please enjoy this interview with Bill Handle of KFI AM six forty where we discuss my new book, Rich.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow of KTLA and it's talking tech. Rich good morning and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning to you. Bill.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, of course as well, you should thank me. Okay, now let's talk about your book. You wrote a book which is kind of neat and it's perfect for me, one hundred and one iPhone Tips. Now, before we get into just getting some of the big ones, there are apps and what phones can do that no one has ever heard of. They're extraordinary. I, for example, I have an iPhone and I can barely spell iPhone and it is extraordinary. So one hundred and one phone iPhone Tips, and I'm willing to bat you had to winnow down to one hundred and one.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, So you know, the idea behind the book was we have these phones in our pockets, we barely brush the surface of what they can do with them. So most people know how to send a text, they know how to take a picture, but that's really it. You know, send an email. But there are so many features built into this phone, and that's the beauty of the book. Nothing requires an extra app, nothing requires any additional software other than what's built into the iPhone. And again the book is one hundred and one and detech tips for the iPhone. It's all about the handy stuff that I just think you should know about. It's not everything you can do with the phone, but it's just okay. Tip number five turn your phone into a magnifying glass. So if you go into Settings General Accessibility, there's a function called magnifier and then anywhere you are, all you have to do is press the home button or the side button on your phone three times fast, and now your iPhone turns into a magnifying glass. You can use it for menus. I've shared that on TV. People love that tip that's in the book.
Speaker 3: Now does that connect with a.
Speaker 2: Light, Yes, you can have a light on there as well.
Speaker 3: Oh, at the same time you're doing the magnifier. So it's for example, if you are if you have an an issue with your site with menus and it's dark, you can actually light it up and magnify absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I'll have to give you another tip. Let's say you don't need the magnifier. You just want to use the flashlight in the restaurant, like a lot of people do. Yes, did you know that you can actually change the brightness of the flashlight on the iPhone? So you can go twenty five percent fifty seventy five one hundred just by hard pressing on the icon instead of you know, just tapping at once. You have to go into control center, which I teach you how to do. But again, if you're in a darkly restaurant, you don't need one hundred percent brightness on the flashlight. I always see the people using that. It's like, oh, come on, you're blinding us. All I can teach you that. Let's see, did you know that there's a hidden level built into the iPhone. I use this to mount the pictures in my house. You can go around and turn your compass. So everyone's used the compass on your iPhone, right, Well, if you swipe on the compass, it actually turns into a level and you can use it to level things. That's tip number sixteen.
Speaker 3: Hey, I have a I have a question regarding all of these phones. Does any single person know everything about the phone where they know all the apps and everything you can do?
Speaker 2: No? No, not even me. I mean so even when I was researching this book, you know, So what I did was for about six months, I just any email question I got, I kind of like take that and into consideration. I went through all the apps, kind of thinking about the things that I do on them, kind of took a deep dive into what these apps do, and I picked the things that are kind of a little bit you know, necessary, but off the you know, off the normal track. So it's the stuff that you need to know about, but you might not necessarily think to do, Like how to scan a document. So a lot of people think you need a third party app to scan a document with your iPhone, but the feature is actually built right in so is the ability to sign a document. Your iPhone can actually store a signature and you can drag and drop that onto a document and then email it out as a PDF. And that's all inside the notes app. And I tested that on several people and said, hey, do you know how to scan a document with your iPhone? No? Not really, I'll just take a picture of it.
Speaker 3: So Rich, where do you find these the ability of these phones? I mean, do you call up Apple? Do they have a book the size of a phone book? If you know what a phone book goes out there?
Speaker 2: So it's it's just discovering what it is exactly. It's discovering it. And that's the thing. The iPhone does not come with a user guide. This book is not a user guide. It's more of a here are the things that I think you should know because you just you can browse the book. You can look through it and you learn and you say and you just keep it in the back of your head and you say, oh, interesting, if I need to remember where I parked, my phone can do that. Your phone can do all kinds of stuff. Those Wi Fi pop ups you see on the people's phones all the time, and looking at their screen next thing you know says, hey, do you want to join this Wi fi network? Nobody ever takes the time to turn it off. In Tip number thirty one, I tell you how to do that. You and I we wake up pretty early. Normally people are using the normal iPhone alarm to wake up. It's blaring, it's right in your face. I tell you how to set a gradual alarm using the bedtime feature. That's Tip number fifty seven.
Speaker 3: What is that bit? We only have a second to go. What is the weirdest of the one hundred and one tips.
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh, significant locations. This is a map of all of the places that you go to the most. And if you were in a relationship where someone suspected something of you, this is the first place they would check. And I tell you how to check that. And it's tip number thirty five. And again, it's all in the book one hundred and one Handy Tech Tips for the iPhone on my website, rich on tech dot tv. You can order it on Amazon. I find I'm getting a lot of feedback from the book. People that even know the iPhone are saying, Rich, I gotta hand it to you. You taught me some stuff I did not know.
Speaker 3: All right, So, Rich, we just been an entire segment hooring your book. Yeah, and uh, you know you owe me one big time.
Speaker 2: You know that don't really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: That's okay, one hundred and one Tips for the iPhone iPhone Tips and it's available on Amazon. And uh, Rich, is uh your website?
Speaker 2: TV?
Speaker 3: Uh? Yeah, there you go, Rich on tech dot TV. All right, Rich, take care.
Speaker 1: There you have it special thanks to Bill Handle and k IF. I am six forty. If you'd like more information on my new book, one hundred and one Handy tech Tips for the iPhone, just go to my website Rich on tech dot TV and look for the link. I'm Rich Damiro. I'll talk to you real soon.