Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bringing it CNR in for the Great Dan Patrick. Bringing it to the entire nation. Black white, red, brown, feel the Fox Sports Radio vibration. Steve Covino, Rich Davis, Good Morning, Live in the Mercedes Benz Studios. This hour brought to you by tire Rack Tirack dot com, the official expert and retailer of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tirack dot com slash Dan try the tire decision, guys see the full line of Continental Tires special offers, free road hazard protection and mobile tire installation. Tirack dot com Way tire buying should be. There's a lot to get through today. Good morning. I'm excited about I don't know, I just feel like I have thoughts today. Oh right, yesterday, listen you turn around. Uh you turned through all the sports TV and podcasting radio. No one's got anything to talk about, but I did. I mean, I've never heard you shut up, so I'm not surprised by that. Rich, the most talkative guy. Now, I'm look at right, everyone's having the same, you know, lame mass conversation about Trevor Lawrence and the Steelers and it's not gonna happen. So what are you talking about it? Right? Hey, Well you never know, but I doubt it's gonna happen. He said he wants to stay in Jacksonville. So yeah, pretty much as Danny Jew said, Yeah, that's a nothing burger of a story. You're gonna have an orgy with supermodels you'd like to, but it's not gonna happen, So I talk about it, okay. So that's which Davis super hyped up. It's day two of the Dan Patrick Hatrick. So we'll be here today and tomorrow and Friday in for Colin on the Herd, And normally we're on Monday through Friday, five to seven on the East, two to four on the West, Covino and Rich. Everything at Covino and Rich, and the number is the same, eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Get involved, Get involved. We like to do that. We like to chop it up and talk to you. So again, hope you had a great Monday night. For me, that was just watching some I finally finished that OJ documentary on Netflix. Finally got to that which believe it or not, you think you've seen it all when it comes to oj Wait a minute, he was not guilty. You think you know everything, but this one had a lot of new information and it was actually fast paced and four episodes of I can't say awesome, but pretty good. I liked it a lot. So finally finished that yesterday and I started White Lotus last night. That's the plan for when we traveled to Philadelphia this week. We're gonna be doing a We're gonna be doing a fun bit with Fox Sports. Ready, I'll leave it with that, but I'm like, you know what, that's a great plane watch. You know, I got a theme song. They don't have that theme song. I got a bit of a story if it got our trip to Philadelphia, if we have time today. But that was my last night, and I'll tell you the White Lotus, being that there's not a whole lot of sports to watch, right, yeah, really hits all my sweet spots. I don't know where my sweet spot is, but I think it hits it. It's just it's a cool build up because you know something's gonna happen, and I'm really enjoying it. Is only one episode so far, and that's on HBO Max. It's season three. They've already signed on for season four, so you can't binge it but enjoy it. That the beauty, But that's the beauty of the downside of really no good sports. Right now, you can catch up on some of your favorite shows. You could finish Cobra Kai, you could start the White Lotus, you could dive into something else for a second. Well, I mean, way to take the words out of my mouth. That's what I did last night. I finished Cobra Kai and it was perfect. It was this, I agree, six seasons of you know, you could say they milk the hell out of this. You know, our childhood favorite karate Kid. You know, the second one was all right, third one and the one with Jennifer Garner, right, was Jennifer Garner, No Jennifer Gray, Jennifer Tilly, Nope, no Jennifer Jennifer Love Hewett, Hillary Swank. There you go. Really the one we all loved was the first one. Second one was good, but they took yeah, you're right with chosen. Yeah, just was a badass. So they chose in. They take three hours, you know, two hour and a half movies of the eighties, and they milked that crap for six seasons of fun and everything about the last episode or so was perfect. I won't give anything away, I will say I turned to my wife and I said, if they don't play, you're the best, all right, I'm gonna be mad. And they did the only thing I'll tell you. They hit all the cheesy places you wanted it to go. It was cheesily awesome and perfect in every way. And that's definitely sports related if you want to dive into that. The Sekai Tekai am I right, by the way. Was that the fact that they had our buddy Kevin Burkhardt KB and Ryan Clark too, calling the uh Sekai tech Kai. Yeah, that was great. What's hilarious? And the fact that they insinuate that people at bars where watching karate. They lean into the cheese. And I said this to you when Fuller House was on Netflix. I said, the only reason Fuller House worked was it was so cheesy. But they acknowledged it, like stay Moos would walk in the room and like look at the camera. It's almost expected. You're describing two eighties shows, right, two eighties brands that leaned into the cheese, much like Rich Davis does, Mayor mccheese and Cavino, The Mac and Cheese of Fox Sports Radio. I don't know if you've seen Cobra Kaye, but highly recommend it if you grew up loving Karate Kid. They even brought back They've done it in the past, so I can say it again. AI versions of me UGGI. I thought it was awesome, really good, and as Rich said earlier this morning, AI is amazing. Am I right? You want to tell everybody what you did and you're so proud of it. Oh no, my we designed my daughter's softball team logo, and it's amazing how you could just kids could come up with any name. You could be the uh like with the ice Crushers. That's how. I don't know why the girls came up with that, but you come up with any name. Bo boom boo boo boom popping an AI. It's miraculous he taking our jobs. You know, there's highly qualified people that designed logos out of a job they took right, right, we can come up with a Cavino and Rich logo. A no one like this better than the one we have. Sorry, designers, but I did watch Cobra kai last night, so I'm throwing it up there. It really was perfect. The perfect ending. While cheesy, no doubt, no diggnity, no doubt, it hit all the fields, as the kids say, it hit all the points. It wrapped up perfectly the storyline. I didn't want to give anything away by saying it wrapped up perfectly. I feel like you nowhere it goes. But it was refreshing to get what you want out of a show because so often you watch a show and the writers do what they do. They create a storyline. You either like it or you don't. Yeah, this is my storyline. I'm the writer. Well, I mean it''s their story. They could write, you know, whatever they want for the character. But you, as the viewer, are sitting there like, yeah, I don't know how I feel about that. It's not how I wanted this character's life or season or story to end. But Nanny Nanny poo pooh to you because you don't make that call. You're sitting there watching Cobra Kai and you're thinking to yourself, I want this to happen, and it all happens. So it feels a little predictable. But for some reason, here's the magic of the show that I really can't describe. For some reason, it's great I said it. It's expected, it's cheesy, but for once you got everything you wanted and it felt okay. I liked it. I'm like, you know what, I like this. People love to say it came of Thrones ending all about it. I hated how they did that, or how I met your mother. The mother dies, that's what the writer wanted. Guess what, it's not your show, you know, it kind of makes sense. Rich It's like, I'll tie it into sports, right, it is the Sikkai Takai, the International Karate World Championship. To me, that's the funniest running joke on the whole show that karate is really popular to the point where again, like I said, Kevin Burkhardt's calling it and people in bars are watching it. That's to me, that's the funniest like inside joke throughout the whole show. Mean, it's not impossible. Ufcs a thing, you know, So it's not impossible. This is not an octagon. It's about it. But it's like watching your team take it all the way and win. Right, It's like, hey, that was great. So why would we be so opposed to watching a character watching a TV show and all the things that you want to happen. For characters that you root for happens, you know, you're like, ah, you're left feeling like my team won I promise you I'm not the I'm not the a hole that midway through a show is like, pause it. You know what's gonna happen. This is gonna happen, This is gonna happen. My wife does that one with a crane kick watch and you know my wife will be the person that pauses the show and they're like, you know who the killer is. It's the unassuming nanny. And I'm like, all right, well, way to go, Colombo, go honey, I'm not that guy. But with two episodes left, I paused it and I go, I love how predictably awesome and cheesy this is. And I listed like, this is what's gonna happen. This's gonna happen. And then you think the Dodgers and the Eagles care that the story ended the way they wanted it to. No, you you wanted this ending, And for anyone that is reluctant to finish Cobra Kai, ah, I'm sort of over it. I promise you. It wraps up in the cheesiest, most awesome way, And dare I say a little heart tugging because it sort of closes the chapter of your favorite movies if you were a kid of the eighties, Goonies, Back to the Future, Karate Kid, these are all in your wheelhouse. So to me, it wrapped up perfectly. I'm glad I didn't jump on it right away. I feel like I let it breathe over the last week and it was fantastic the end well, for sake of conversation, though, there's a new world that begins after because Cobra Kaie truly never dies, right the show's over, but it never dies. We know that Karate Kid Legends is a movie that's already in the works and the teasers out and it stars Ralph maccio and Jackie Chan and it looks really good. It looks like a motion picture and feels like a motion picture. Has a different vibe. It doesn't feel like a cheesy Netflix show that we know to be Cobra Kai. It's a whole different world and spin off from that brand, and it looks cool. So check that out if you're into it. But the Sakai took Kai the biggest event in sports we have it covered here on The Cavino and Rich Show and Your Thoughts eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. Rich is right, we put a nice little bow on something pretty awesome. It really is the story that could. It's the uh, the Cleveland Indians in Major League. It's the team that no one believed in that won the World Series. Because when that show came out, no one really cared about it. It was on YouTube, bread, no one cared. You and I were talking about it. All of a sudden, Netflix picks it up. We had those guys, We had those guys on our show. We had we had Billy Zapka and Macio talking about Hey, we sort of revamped, you know, karate Kid. YouTube picked it up and becomes one of the biggest shows six seasons of You know, I say stellar and awesome facetiously, but it really was entertainment that put it that way. It says taintment. I did because it tickles my you know what, Yeah, it tickles me in all the right spots. It wasn't the highest quality show. We're not drinking the cobra kool aid, but the farrest they should, right, But as far as entertaining, it delivered. It really did, and it made a lot of money for those dudes, and props to all of them. They kept us entertained for six plus seasons. I dare I say, Johnny Lawrence, Billy Zapka. I'm not saying win an award, all right, but the guy deserves a pat on the back because I think of all the mediocre acting on this really fun show, I think there's something who said that. I think William Zapko, billy's Avka pretty good actor. He carried the show. There's no doubt it wouldn't be anything went out Daniel LaRusso, Ralph Maccio, but Billy Zapka was the heart and soul of that. His acting is stellar in comparison to everybody else, for sure. And what I loved about the show is it came back to what made it great in the beginning, which was Johnny Lawrence, Billy Zapka and his relationship with Miguel. So again, it's over if you haven't watched it, Hopefully we didn't spoil anything. It's really good. It's really good. And now on to the point of this is you know you got the NBA All Star Break, Baseball Spring training, so you're getting a few stories here and there is the post Super Bowl blues. Juan Sota's already fire me up, Let's go Mets. So it's the perfect time to catch up on these shows and watch the endings to Cobra Kai or Season three White Lotus or whatever else you're diving into. Well, coming up on today's show in for DP, Covino and Rich this is a really funny story about something Lebron James ruined. There's of course a rumor that I want to roll my eyes out because everyone seems to be talking about James ruined my life. There's a ridiculous Trivor Laurence story, Connor McGregor's in the news, and a real fun take on where the NBA goes from here. So we have a lot of fun today. But hey, speaking of Cobra Kai, let's shake up, Let's be interactive eight seven, seven, nine to nine on Fox. Based on what we're saying about Cobra KAII you can put that show aside. What other TV show in your life do you feel like wrapped it up perfect? Not too many? Everybody always complains w Ight be Seinfelder, sopranos or or you already mentioned Game of Thrones how I met your mother always left feeling disappointed because it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. And then there's a part of you that says, well, if it turned out the way I wanted it to, that would be predictable and corny. But I'll tell you what I already tied it into. Well, your team won this year, and you're pretty happy about that. I felt like all the characters of the storyline sort of won the way I wanted them to it, and I was okay with it. It felt good. I think we're at a time and place maybe where we needed to see a win and feel good about something. We didn't need to be left with a cliffhanger. We didn't need to figure it out, we didn't need dexter in the woods like a lumbered We got something fulfillming and it worked. I don't know if that always works that formula, but it tied up perfectly, and it felt good. I have two sitcom answers that are hard to deny that ended perfectly. I think ended. I think, honestly can't think of anything. I got two and then hey, light them up, let's get the interaction going. Most interactive show on Fox Sports on any network for that matter. Covin and Rich hit us up. It's got to show because you invest in years on every show. Movie is designed to sort of wrap up the right way shows, however, take uh, take all a life for their own. I got two and then Danny G. Dude, I got one. I can only think of what I don't want to steal yours. So I think I know one of them that Rich is thinking.
Speaker 3: But Rich, why did you stare right at me when you said the most interactive show in all of radio?
Speaker 2: Because Danny G is on the phones and Danny G's always tweeting people and texting and everything.
Speaker 3: When I left yesterday as we fell in for Dan Patrick, my phone air was numb because you guys took so many calls yesterday. Nice, I mean so we got so you say that, and it's not hyperbole.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we want to hear from you now at eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox. I think Rich and I share in one, So let me have the one, Okay, I'll give you the other one. Fine. As an eighties kid growing up, there's only one show, in my opinion, that I could recall that ended perfectly because it ended the way it started and it was very very nice. A oh oh, hey, Angela, Mona Janet Pin, hey, I heard you looking for a housekeeper. Oh, Tony Masceli comes back. You think he's gone, but he comes back with a sud On right tuxedo tuxedo and he's like, eh, are you looking for a housekeeper? Oh? And he asks Angela will you marry me? And I think he asks for her hand, but I remember he comes back and I'm like, oh wow, how sweet is that? It ended perfect? Who's the Boss? Starts with a young Tony Danza knocking on the door looking for the housekeeper job, and like Cavino said, it ends with him knocking on the door after remember he took like the college coaching job. But he's like, yo, I miss you Angela. Because the whole show was like are they in love? Are they gonna be together? Because he was the nanny and she was like the successful lawyer lady that hired him. But there was always that chemistry there, and you watched a whole I mean, I'll look it up now, how many seasons did it run? I probably you know what a lot of those lady shows did not run as long as we thought I would get five seasons, six seasons maybe, But either way, it wrapped up the way you wanted it to and it was nice and it was okay my mom cry, Yeah like it. It feels corny, but I don't know. I think it's so it works sometimes, all right, as far as dramas go, let me get this out of the way. A more recent show, Kevino didn't watch because he said he you know, he likes to cry about real life stuff, not fake stuff. Yeah. I don't need shows to inspire emotions and emotions. Who's the Boss ran for eight seasons starting in eighty four. Damn. So that's that. By the way, eighty four to ninety two is such a window of television. If you like forty ish, yeah, that's me through junior high. Then there's lessons in that theme song. There's a brand new life around the bend. There were times you lost the dream as you questions before you move on, it's it's a little bit of a pervy question. Yeah, but if you could have a grown up Alyssa Milano grown up meaning you know, whenever you thought she was at her best, Yeah, Judith like Angela or sexy ass Grandma Mona. I think Mona lays it down the hardest.
Speaker 1: Mona.
Speaker 2: Mona is up there with the horniest like Mom on TV. Mona who is horny or hurt? Missus Roper or peg Bundy. Those are the top three. Pick your red head. Mona wanted to jump Tony the mid I think he got the job because remember Mona's like Angela, you're hiring him. She just wanted to see Tony's abs. So you would take on a Robinson over over Samantha and Angela Bauer. Yes, but if you open it up to Missus Roper or peg Bundy. I don't know peg Bundy in her prime. Yes, she wanted it. Does high heels on it. She's like, hell, all right, another show that wrapped it up great, This is US. I know it's a drama and it's all emotional, but this is US. I thought it was beautiful. I love Danny. I'm the cheesiest when it comes to those shows, like maybe the best show in the last ten years. So this is US, I do. This is US I thought was great. But as far as cheesy shows back in the day that was a drama. Did she get off the plane. Did she get off the plane? I got off the plane. The Ross and Rachel ending to friends and they walk out of the empty apartment in that corny nineties frame is still on the door. Friends did end in a really good way. It ended with people getting together for like parties. Though that was like a huge farewell and ending. Because I never watched that show ever. I watched Amigos on Telemundo. It was way better. But I remember, like my girlfriend and all her friends and family at the time, like we're having a friend's finale party, and I watched that. I remember cool for fran I never watched it ever, but I remember how big of a deal it was, and I remember just watching not caring at all. But they loved it, and people are crying. I mean, like to deny one of the biggest shows of the nineties, even if it was cheesy, geez, come on, I mean, I'm just telling you I didn't watch it personally. I'll give you one that and you're gonna be like, oh, I never thought of it that way. Because of how bad seinfeldt ended. They all agree it was like the weakest ending. If you're a fan of Curb Curb Wraps, up perfectly because of its acknowledgment in the finale of how bad the Seinfeld Finale was so curb Curby enthusiasm with David wraps up perfectly because of the tie into seinfeldt Hey, can I tie this into sports and broadcasts? You ever see the Kurp finelle? The Kurk finale? I have not. It's oh yeah, no, no, no, I did.
Speaker 3: It's so so well. Yeah, that's the one I wrote down here. I knew you were going to say.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, no, I did, but I didn't watch the whole last season. To be honest, I have to. That's so freaking good. I know. I'm gonna tie this into broadcasting against sports just because I mean, it's two things I love. And we'll open it up to you Fox Sports Radio Nation. When it comes to emotions and farewells and goodbyes, I do love or I always feel some type of way when broadcasters sign off for the last time, especially sports broadcasters that you grew up watching, like for you, Danny geeven Scully or Larry King, and for the last time, I say good night, farewell, yeah, or a.
Speaker 3: News guy we were little kids, and Johnny Carson signed off the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, there's there's something you're left feeling, Like recently, Chuck scar said goodbye recently on the East Coast, the Chuck Scarball right recently because you watched the dude, it is like the ending of their show and you know their career and you're watching and they always say they always say something like our been in your living room. Every year they always say something like you've welcomed me into your whole, Like the lasts. It also proves the inevitable that you know, everything has an expiration date, including you, including your career. But when you see this, you're like, I plut on doing like an even when we're old. We should do a weekly podcast and will die on the air. Yeah, you're the Mets finally gonna win, all right, So we go to your Wai to Kai wrapped up perfectly. That's the National Cropte Tournament on Cobra Kai any other examples, and we're gonna talk Lebron next, Covino and rich In for the Great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together we're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Cavino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right, So check us out. We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say, the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Covino and Rich Live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, And if you miss any of the live show, just search Covin on Rich wherever you get your podcast, and of course on social media. That's Covino and Rich e o oh way, Angela, Mona jenathin Rich Davis, is that Iggy? What's up, Bud? That's Rich Davis, Steve Covino aka Tony Maseli, which, by the way, on a total side note, Rich and I have interviewed everybody under the moon, and one of the coolest guys that we've got to know throughout the years is au Tony Danza. Oh my guys. Hey, And we bring that up because it's the first answer that comes to me of a show that wrapped that wrapped up perfectly. Yeah, think about it. I mean, we were talking about Cobra Kai on Netflix. I finally finished last night, and it really was. It was fantastic. It was all the cheese you possibly could have wanted. I said to Rich off the air, though, if you would have told me, because I'm more of a negative nor Berto, if you'd have told me that the show wraps up the exact way you would want it to. This happens, that happens, this happens, and that happens, I would be like, ah, well that's kind of corny. But the point here is it really worked and it felt great. It felt like your team winning so it's like saying, well, if your football team wins, are you happy? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, Well okay, what all these characters that you rooted for for six seasons? It works out like the way you kind of wanted it to and it left you feeling good. And that's rare short on this because I love the happy, cheesy ending of a show that you invest in, But I also roll my eyes when people get mad at it ending like Game of Throne and the way I wanted. Guess what, Life doesn't always and shows don't always end the way you want them. It was the nerd that rights that, George R. R. Martin. That wasn't his vision. So if you wanted to end the way you wanted to end, you write a show. So based on the Kai to Kai the International Karate Champion Cobra Kai wrapped up Rich finally watched it, we asked you, are there other shows that come to mind that wrapped up perfectly? Eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox, And then we gotta talk Lebron. What do we say? This is us friends? Who's the boss? Curb your enthusiasm? I'll start with the ninety six World series The Yankee Team wrapped up perfect. If you want to talk about things that wrapped up like beautiful last year's World series storyline, if you want to do if you want to go like movie script storyline, the Cleveland Cavs team that won with Lebron coming back and beating the best regular season team ever in the Golden State Warriors. How about the eighty six Mets who were a miraculous you know, always coming from behind best team in the league game six and then winning Game seven. How about I hate to say it, the four Red Sox. If you haven't seen that documentary on Netflix, well, you know round three to zero to the Yankees who just dominated them year after year and nine into sports, you battle through so many losing seasons just to feel that sense of victory and one here and there, right here and there. I was talking to my friends last night. I said, Hey, we're in our forties. Now you think we'll ever see a Mets World Series? Like for real? Though? Like, so, this is so many many shows that you watched that that don't even get to an ending. They get canceled, right so you invested, it is canceled. So many shows that you watch with the ending is sort of ass You're like, that's how it ended. It was nice to get a win from Cobra Kai. Can I tell you what that upset me the most as a kid. All right, let me think about it. I'm ALF because you were the only show you really love. Hey, Alf star Trek. Hey, you can make fun of me all you want, but that's my answer, dummy. See you see you're more predictable than Cobra Kai. I was a kid of the eighties and nineties. I loved ALF. I had the little puppet things. You got a Burger King I had. I had. Other kids had the Teddy Ruxman. I had an ALF. No nerds had Teddy Ruxsman. What kids had Heady Ruxman. Besides my sister, our buddy spot, our video guy, exactly nerd he had my buddy. I'm like you actually had that. Anyway. I had an ALF where you had pop cassettes in his back and he would tell stories of Millmack and he told the story that you didn't like. No on the TV show ALF. It ended with the Alien Task Force and the Tanners on both sides of ALF, and it's like to be continued, Willie. Then the show never got renewed, and I'm like, did Alfe get kidnapped by the FBI or the Alien Task Force or not? And I remember as a kid being like this thinks wow, man, that was a life lesson that anything goes the way you wanted to go.
Speaker 3: You had alf I had a mister T lunchbox and nobody brought up the ending of a teen.
Speaker 2: I don't remember how it ended. Was it really no with a cigar? Yeah? I love it when love it when a show wraps up, by the way, you know, comto and I used to have a code word based on a team if we see a girl passing with a big ass Cavino and I would go, yo b a Barcas be it big ass yo ba check out a Barroctys. That was before everybody had a big fake ass here in Los Angeles. Yeah, that was like back she earned it. Oh, no ah, She's blessed. Keith Tucson, Covino and Rich And for Dan Patrick, what show had a great ending? What's up?
Speaker 4: Cheered jerker and it ended perfect?
Speaker 5: Was the fresh Prince of bel Air?
Speaker 2: Pro so good? Bro. When I'll be honest, is that one he's sitting in the empty room? No, you're you're gonna that's the end of every show. No, but honestly, you're gonna make me. You're gonna make me cry thinking about it. No, but you cry, I'll beat you down here in the studio. That was one of the rare TV shows that did make us cry. Yo, Danny G. Cavino was oddly missed Fresh Princes like, He's like, I soon here and there, But dude, I quit. This is the truth. I lived a very eighties childhood, but I quit it growing pains. After that, I was out, you know, scamming on on chicks and hitting home runs New York. Yeah, but like the the quit at Wonder Years, that was it for me. I'm like, all right, I'm done with sitting at home with mom and dad, the eye rolling that I display on a regular basis, hanging out with Cavino where anything I mentioned his answer is, oh, you were doing that while I was out busy getting ass Is that that narrative never gets I was at baseball practice, hitting home runs or getting beautiful women. So when are you sitting home? T G. I F watching ercle. That did I do that? That was? It was, you know, age out of it. That's all. Well, all I'm saying is when Will and Carlton popped in the It's not unusual one more time, you know, one more time and they they dancing in the poolhouse. How do you not love that moment unless you're out getting aswer hitting home runs. Alright, Adam and Boise, what's up? Adam? What's going on?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 2: Enjoying some Dutch bro this morning?
Speaker 4: So I got, I got my best and then my worst.
Speaker 2: Okay, what you got?
Speaker 5: Cheers? It's a good grew up watching that show with my dad.
Speaker 4: That last episode was one of those like, oh man, the whole.
Speaker 5: It's over right kind of thing. I didn't do Cobra Kaya. I apologize. I will start it because you guys keep talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's good. I guarantee you. It's cheesy enough where you'll be you'll you'll be entertained. Please understand, we recognize it's the cheesiest but it but the magic is it works, is it works, and we don't know why, and it's it feels good and that's great. And it always baffles me when I see the ages. Now, when when it comes to Cheers, the ages of the actors at the time, like George went, George went, by the way, who's Jason Sedeikus's uncle? Look that up. I didn't know that he was like thirty five years old. That dude was thirty five. All they're all in their thirties. All the guys that hung out at the bar and cheers were in their thirties or forties. Just sort of like when you see the Golden Girls and it's like, wait, they were like women in their fifties. What it really baffles you? But give me Andrew. We let him go. He had a bad one too. Anyway, Andrew, Ohio, what's up?
Speaker 5: Breaking Bad? Was a knife up the best and the Best finale.
Speaker 2: You know, some people didn't like it, and I was like, what did you expect? Like the bad guy it? I mean, it ended the way probably should have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my girl said, why couldn't they have let him cook one final batch?
Speaker 2: Or said, what was the son's name? The King of Breakfast wal Yeah, Walt Junior should have been like the next like head guy or something that would be cool. Let's go to Andrew in Ohio, Andrew, what's up? Man? Oh? Yeah, oh we just had him. Okay, I'm sorry. Fred in West Virginia what's up, Fred?
Speaker 5: I had something for you, but now with that Alfthrop you kind of crossed me out. I need to call my therapist.
Speaker 2: That that that that left us all hanging his kids. What's up everywhere? Hey?
Speaker 5: I had the best and the worst. You already kind of addressed the friends. I love that ending. I thought it was pretty dope, my worst and just handing over my man card. Now, eighteen years ago I met my wife and well now my now wife, and she got me into the Gilmore Girls, and uh, that was mostly so I could like make out and stuff, you know, like I watched the show. Yeah, and now I know every single thing about that stupid show. And the ending was trashed.
Speaker 2: You know, not so funny. My my father in law, my my wife's stepdad, and communal well, we'll tell you. He's like a six foot five, burly Texan. Yeah. His weakness is like I do love Gilmore Girls. Who's in the you know, I know all those cheesy shows, but for some reason I don't know that one. Let's go to fish in Pa. What's up fish Hey?
Speaker 5: Guys? Yeah, they stolen't mind breaking bad, But I thought Walt should have blown himself up before he died.
Speaker 2: You know, Breaking Bed was such a great show. I mean, it's it's hard to decide how you would have wanted to end that because it was such a complex show. Like, you know, he's an anti hero, So what are you really rooting for? Uh? Greg and Florida rap it? Bud Hey number.
Speaker 4: One, first thing and foremost, you consider me poached. I'm officially poached to your show. I mean it's uh, You're you're you guys are awesome. The poaching has been he has begun. I'm gonna go with an oldie, but a goodie. I'm gonna go with the original Magnum p I how did.
Speaker 2: Magnum wrap up? Was it just like Uh? I don't even remember that.
Speaker 4: He had he had his daughter, uh and uh decided to vote himself to her. I think he's moving stateside. I found out Higgins was Robin Masters. It was kind of cool, kind of unraveled some things, but it also left it open to come back open. And I think a good ending should leave it with a chance to come back open.
Speaker 2: Huh. You know when one comes to mind too, you talked about all your eighties favorites coming know, you know, before you were U the man growing pains. Was one of those where they all leave the empty house, like, remember they moved and they're all sitting there in the empty house, very much like friends. Usually what a finale ends with everyone sitting around them. Move, Maggie, they moved Ben to your room one last time? Was Boner there? Remember his best friend Boner? That's sad, dude. I don't think he could say that on him name? Yeah, remember Stebone? Was it Sylvester Stabone? Oh no, that was his dad's name, Andrew Stabone. I think Boner. So anyway, based on the Cobra Kai ending, it was perfect. We ask you. It's like watching the perfect seasons, like watching your team win and all those great things. Rich finally watched the ending. It's available now on Netflix. Enjoy that, bad boy, And we got to talk Lebron James next. What did Lebron ruin? He ruined something? Look what you did, you little jerk. We'll get to it next. Conven on writch and for Dan Patrick Fox Sports Right.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio wapp.
Speaker 2: Willie it's me the old Alpher. I think that's your best impression. Are such a such a great show? You missed out? Dude? How did Perfect Strangers end? Did they make a baby Vodka's and no, Balky got deported to me? Pos, is that really what happened? Don't be ridiculous. Oh, I know what happened. Balki ended up on the San Antonio Spurs and became an NBA champion. No, that's managing nobly. Oh, I think that was Balki about talking about now. I could see where he would make the mistake. But then again, you used to think that Peter Gammons was mister Drummond. They're not. I always thought that was the same guy. No, not the same guy. So anyway, it's Cadino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. Props again to the ending of Cobra Kai. Lorena walked in here. She's like, are you guys like investing in the show? You talk about it so much? Says Lorena said to me, She goes when I worked on your show in the afternoon a year or so ago. She's like, you guys are talking about Cobra Kai then, and I thought about it. Covino and I we're still working at Series six M before COVID, and we did what they call town hall with Crease Johnny Lawrence. You know, so the whole cast of kids. We had like a we talked about this on three different networks. You know what, you ain't kidding We we actually had like a big town hall where we moderated the next next h employer, d Energy, Cobra Kai all. But yeah, it ended great. And before we get to Lebron and what he ruined and some NBA and some NFL stories that I I this is what I want to talk about later, n b A and the NFL. There is an NFL story that I think the world is forcing. And I'm like, sometimes when there's not story, don't force it. Just talk about something else. It's nothing burgering, nothing bothers me in the sports world more then well, besides like boring debates like Lebron or MJ like goat conversations. Besides that, I think hypotheticals too. I don't like hypothetical conversations. Yeah, I hear you on that I have. I have dumb conversations I bring to the table, like this thought. Before we get to Lebron. Oh, and you're calling Cowherd's style analogies they are second to My analogies are second to only cocking to the bottom, and you're the only guy who says that. But okay, no, my analogies are second to only Colin. And I'm just giving him respect because he's the man around here, because personally, I think mine might be number one. You could think that. Let me just bring up something real quick. And this says nothing to do with sports, which is why I love it. This morning, I woke up like everyone it's winter, so you're like, oh, I feel like crap, and then you know, an hour into your day you like, I feel good again. I don't understand people like my co host Steve Cabino, who shower at night. If I didn't shower this morning, I would have came in here congested, feeling like ass like I can't comprehend. Also equally gross, you know, to go to bed dirty every night, that you could take a little as I call it, a rinse off, like a little quick a QUICKI rinse off shower. Well, the only reason I'll take one in the morning is because I'm too tired. I want to get every minute asleep possible. Yeah, but this is the fact that this morning, do you rolled out of bed hopefully brush your teeth? I mean, why wouldn't I is that like standard? And then just rolled in here? Who doesn't brush your teeth in the morning. You didn't have that shower like like loosen up everything, you know, I'll be honest, like cough up some grossness. Just have that hot water hitting your head in the back of your neck like that doesn't that's not worth it to you for fifteen minutes of waking up early, like a quick ten minute shower in the morning, I think it's asleep for an extra fifteen minutes and then hold on, come here, Mark who's running the board and Danny j. Plus, my hair is not made for that. Am I very ethnic hair shower in the morning. I'd come here looking like a many pakia after four rounds of fighting. My hair is totally different. Rich comes out of shower, combs his hair and he looks like he just stepped out of a magazine ad. I would have like, you know, that porcupine head looks not true. Not to sound courty, but I I had a blow dry my hair. I've I don't just put product in my hair. Otherwise I look like a gweedy looking at hair. Drying your hair like no like with disrespecting everybody in the house after in the morning. I mean because he thinks like what he does is great all the time I've lived a life. This is why I'm divorced, where I'd be yelled at for doing something like that with your actual called respect. You're waking up everybody in the house to blow dry your hair. Close the salon going on in there. Rich sits under one of those moon helmets to dry his air. Yeah, I get a perm like I'm Gary Carter in eighty eight. Rich sits there in the morning, waking everybody up, and because he thinks he's so great, it's okay because you do you doing blow drying your hair four thirty in the morning when people are sleeping. Danny g Am, I the only one in this room that chower this morning. Yeah, I showered late last night. He's got a little kid. Yeah, I'd wake up my daughter. My girlfriend would be all upset. The dog is barking.
Speaker 3: Now, I would I do that if I wake up my eighteen month old. I get the kind of evil eye where you know a normal man would die.
Speaker 2: Dude if I far too loud. My girlfriend's like I heard that. No one, I'm getting out of this whole conversation. I'm the only man of the house, or you're disrespectful. No, but I just as everyone's driving around to work, or your little kids sleep like bricks or close the door on the mell.
Speaker 3: Some of us have our bathrooms and shower is in our bedroom, same so as I can't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, to me, it's wild when you have five bedroom, five bathrooms. Uh, daddy stacks. Yeah, that's easy. I got one in the bedroom and one in my right in my daughter's area. Yeah, good luck waking up a teenage kid when they're sleeping. They're all mad at you after that. I'm just saying, I think it's wild to think you're gonna have energy and be awake without a morning shower, especially when you're filling in for the great Damn Patrick. I think I'm doing just fine, dude. We had a really good alurge. Did you hear my Tony Danzel impression? I mean, do you know what, maybe don't take a shower. All right? We got more Coveno wretch. We're gonna get into Lebron James next and what did he ruin my life? More CNR in for Dan Patrick next