Speaker 1: Let's get it.
Speaker 2: It is to Get Loud podcast Michael Jenkins, Fred Smooth out to you buys See Geek episode number two.
Speaker 1: Feels like we've been here for a long time because we know each other.
Speaker 3: Come on, geez, we put it in work year out of the year after year. That's why I report so good, you know, like well team exactly. It's like me playing with Champ Bailey when I was mesched up with him, and then it was me and Shun.
Speaker 1: Springs and he was the best side kick I ever had.
Speaker 3: Then it was me and d Hall, and me and Collins Rogers and me and Antoine Winfield.
Speaker 1: So I've had some good parents with cornerbacks. You at the top of that. I appreciate you, my mac Well.
Speaker 2: First we gotta talk to football. We can talk about a little bit of everything. But you saw that went on Friday night. Yeah, seventeen fifteen got the win late. What you take away from.
Speaker 1: I was very impressed.
Speaker 3: First of all, I'm a realist in the preseason, the preseason, I'm not looking for a team to go out here and beat no team six to the zero. It doesn't matter at the beginning of time, but I want to see them go out there and uniformly look like a team, look like they belong, do the small things well.
Speaker 1: And that's what we did.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna go out on a limb right now and tell people right this, this is not your grandmother's Browns.
Speaker 1: Like this Browns group is a to me.
Speaker 3: With the offensive line, they got quarterback, they got wide receiver, they got they're going to be a playoff threat.
Speaker 1: I thought we measured player for player well with them.
Speaker 3: I thought we came out and did some things well, especially on offense. I know people want to talk about the office line this and now I'm not looking for the offensive line to be full of power right now. It takes those time, them guys time to jail. It's gonna put it like this. They need to troubleshoot together. They need to actually go into problems and learn how to get out of them together, and they do that as a group.
Speaker 1: So overall, I thought we did well, but we got a long way to go.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you mentioned the offensive line because this is something I had to learn over time, is that it is truly a group effort. There has to be communication along every bit of that line for it work.
Speaker 1: It's like the ultimate boy band.
Speaker 3: It's like unless unless your officive line is the backscreen boys, they literally in sync and name in sync.
Speaker 1: They won't play well on the big stage together.
Speaker 3: And that's why they need to get in these things and get in these situations.
Speaker 1: They learned from how much they play together.
Speaker 3: That's why if you talk about anybody, say who's the best line in the league, I bet you they don't have had five plus years together. And don't forget this official line. It's not only working them two three new players. They also learning a new scheme on the coach be ene me. So at the end of the day, the challenge is there. I think they're open for the challenge.
Speaker 2: So if they're a boy band, who's a bad boy, who's every boy?
Speaker 3: Mand has a bad boy, who's the Barbie Brown Nick Gags, I'm glad you said Bobby Brown. Hey, Nick Gates, listen, I'm watching this Gate last year played for the Giants. He got the long hair, the thort coming out of his helmet.
Speaker 1: He keep his jersey tuck so you can see his navel. You know what I'm saying, Like you what the do and he.
Speaker 3: Just gets the tussling with everybody touching with John Allen, I see him tousing with pain. You gotta have that one fire starter on that line. And if I had to pick the Barbie Brown of this group, it's Nick Gates.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you said that, is no lie. My favorite group of all time new audition, hard to beat, hard to be, hard to beat.
Speaker 3: My greatest group of all time is the Jackson Five out the Beatles.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm a classical guy when it comes to great music.
Speaker 2: The Jackson Five were a boy band. Yes, grew into those wrong, but they also same as an audition.
Speaker 3: And the thing about it is, I think great groups I meant to break apart because we wouldn't have justin Timberlake of Michael Jackson if they didn't say, you know what, I'm sorry, guys, I have to move forward.
Speaker 1: Beyonce the same thing. So at the end of the day, I think.
Speaker 3: With all groups come with three degrees of separation, and we know it as a fan base. That's why we rushed to see them while they're still in a group together.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest performances I ever saw ever this is when Nudish was performing here in DC.
Speaker 1: But Bobby wasn't a part of the group. It was great, Johnny.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about replacements too, I need to know that because I never really feel right.
Speaker 1: I never feel like.
Speaker 2: Johnny was is great, but it's hard when you're used to that group being together. The one thing to help them is that they were truly kids when Bobby was there, and then when they were teenagers. That's when Jag came along a little bit different. But I'm not a big fan of replacements, even though I love Johnny Gil.
Speaker 3: I've watched them replace guys like in group. I never looked at the group the same like. I never like, I feel like, you know what, I just bought a car.
Speaker 1: The motor went bad. I got a new motive. I don't feel like it's a new car anymore. I feel like it's a used car. I'm saying, I really do know.
Speaker 2: When I saw a new addition at Constitution Hall on DC that once performed but randomly, and it's a long time ago, all of a sudden, you hear someone say, ladies and gentlemen, mister Bobby Brown, and Bobby randomly shows up and then they start all performing together and performing BBD songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've been working out together. Man, that was just hot.
Speaker 3: My dream concert, Like, if I could just dream a concert, I need Michael Michael Jackson opening that thing.
Speaker 1: He could play his whole catalog.
Speaker 3: Marvin Gay play his and then I needed to be ended by Sir Elton John playing Elton John, Oh, Yellow Brick Roll, Hey, listen to me. I'd be shocking you don't.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was. I was like, I was like, what other R and B artist is he gonna go at?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I love that Elton John listen Man, Yellow Brick Road is one of those.
Speaker 3: The song could mean three different things to three different people. True, it's I'm down and I got a start over and picked myself up. Maybe I have outweighed this situation. Need to go build another situation. So it's the artist that really put their soul into it and the one that usually put their soul into it. They music art can't be mimic. Yep, nobody can mimic Sir Elton Judge that you kid not. I'll be trying to do it at karaoke. I haven't figured it out yet, all right.
Speaker 2: So at the end of the Yellow Brick Broke, some of these commanders rookies, Yeah, maybe there's a place on this roster some of the young guys that stepped up.
Speaker 3: Casmir Allen, He's a guy that I'm pulling for, and we know what we've been missing in the return game here this is where he gonna make his market.
Speaker 1: And I thought he ran he has some strong returns in that game.
Speaker 3: But he also people don't understand is the constant back up truly to a guy like Curtis Samuew because they're the only two wide receivers that can actually play wide receiver, running back and return kicks, so they mimic each other. I thought he helped hisself. I thought a couple of guys on defense helped themself, like Owns got in there rush the passion where well on on the defense side of the ball. So we got some youngsters that's showing that worth right now. But this rosters so deep, and we saw a lot and Coach Gibbs once told me this, he said, cut day is the most painful day of the year for me.
Speaker 1: No, like Coach Wyce cut day.
Speaker 3: He's like, because if you literally draft well and you sign as well, you're going to cut some good players that you do not want to release. And we're gonna have to go through the same thing. Think about this.
Speaker 1: We got big Ridgeway because the Cowboys could not have them on his prank.
Speaker 3: On their practice squad. They had to cut a good player. They had to do it to get down to fifty three.
Speaker 1: That's the same thing that we're looking at. Look at the D line.
Speaker 3: At least I could almost go eleven deep the wide receivers with Kemp intensely and the rest of those guys Prinkle and Prinkle already knows the offense. So he got one step ahead of these guys. You're talking about nine deep, you're talking about the tight end room that the dB room liked. Listen, we got a second round draft pick that's trying to find qun Is, trying to find his way on the field.
Speaker 1: They got him playing middle.
Speaker 3: Safety free say that strong safety Buffalo Nickel everything that he can try to get on this field. But did you got guys like Jeremy weed Reeves steal right there, You got person Butler steal right there.
Speaker 1: They got a fau That's what I'm telling you, got Defro. You got camd Like. It's so many and that's what I love.
Speaker 3: And it also makes practice intense, and it also make guys know, we don't have a lot of leisure when it comes to leeway to not making plays in this offense in his defense, So I think the best thing you can do is iron sharpens iron.
Speaker 1: And this is what we got going on right now.
Speaker 2: It is to get our podcast for at Smooth Michael Jacasis, presented by a seek Geegod to be with you. What do you do when I mean, I don't even know how you make those decisions. That's a very interesting thing that coach gets set. And it's funny if you look at the YouTube comments that we get, people say, this dude's definitely making the team. This dude's definitely making the team. And I'm like, hey, not all these guys can make the team. I can imagine what goes into that decision.
Speaker 3: Hell, I'm sure it's very hard for the coaches, it even harder for the players. Let me take you to a player's moment in your situation. The thing about it, we don't know when we're going to get cut, released or whatever. But we got this thing where we call him the Reaper, right, Okay, it's just one guy that every team hires and his job is to walk around and do and when the coach say go get this guy for him, my god, and he got two words, grab the playbook.
Speaker 1: And this when we know something. That's three By the way, that's three words.
Speaker 3: Jackson Public Schools, Mississippi, shame on you, like at the end of the day when you hear these three words. And I watched it for so long, and you know, your form relationship with you over the summer, and I had to ask myself, Fred Smooth, what would you do the reaper comes for you? And I said, you know what, I'm pretty fast after lead, faster than one percent in this world.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna make him work because.
Speaker 3: I watched nobody making work and once they say get me the playbook, they'd be like, yeah here. I was like, I'm just gonna take off running, leave my car here at Redskin. But like everything, I'm just gonna take off running, and I see you in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Like at the end of the day, I just.
Speaker 3: Felt like it was heartbreaking for me to watch. And thank Lord, I didn't never really have.
Speaker 2: To go get because it can't happen at any time I think about it.
Speaker 3: It's some bets right now, eight years. Some of them just left the Pro Bowl last year. They're gonna be a cap casualty. They will be released in two three weeks, so they gonna think about it right now. Every team has almost ninety to one hundred guys. In a blink of a snap, forty guys.
Speaker 1: Off the ross. That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why to be a part of at one percent then repeatedly do it.
Speaker 1: That's why you gotta love the fact.
Speaker 3: And I asked dare Green, how do you keep a job for twenty years?
Speaker 1: Never let your back up play?
Speaker 3: That was his message to me, because he got to realize dare Green fended off twenty years of five thousand athletes coming out every year that want his job. You want to talk about tough, that's tough, and that's a lot of respect.
Speaker 1: That's why we respect veterans so much in this game, and that's.
Speaker 3: Why we feel so old when we be like thirty two, like your old man and everybody else.
Speaker 1: A society looking at you like what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: We start to gray up at thirty two and everything we just transformed.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy?
Speaker 2: And this is a good sign for this team that we've talked about a lot of things, including what we saw against the Browns.
Speaker 1: We haven't even mentioned sam Al. Yeah, that means.
Speaker 3: You're feeling a little bit more secure than you did yesterday. He's not shocking me and I'm not gonna go out hend like he just blew everybody away. But what he did do is show y'all can make every routine throw and the game is not too big for him. He's literally out there and say, you know what, I'm gonna go through my maturation. I'm gonna go through my progressions. I'm gonna make the play.
Speaker 1: If I fail.
Speaker 3: So what I'm gonna get back up, thus my jerseys off, and here I go it again. So he has this calmness to him. He's not emotionally up and down. And see that's the thing about it. We went in that game. The number one question of the team is what was Sami we left out of the game. He has went down and noting the officsive line has taken his place. You know, that's the emotional roller coaster we go through in the preseason. So we might need to stop tricking ourselves. Think about this. No way coach being or no other offensive coordinator, game planning for no team.
Speaker 1: We're finished playing the next two weeks.
Speaker 3: They just going out there saying we're gonna run regular plays, and they doing it on the other side of the ball. You can't expect to get too much out of those games. What you do want to do is go in healthy and leave healthy. That's what you want. But these new practices I got more out of. When you get two teams together that we practiced together for a couple of days, then you don't have to hide your game plan. We game playing against each other for those days. Then it's full on tilt. I ain't got to be beating my brother up no more. I get to beat up on somebody else. So I think we're gonna get more from those raven practice then we're gonna get from all three preseason.
Speaker 1: Everyone says it's always chippy always. We have listened.
Speaker 3: They had Ray lou Ours there, Ed Reed, Maul Louis, j O, Big Jonathan all like they had. They had these They was the Ravens Raves, you know what I'm saying. So we come down and we just feist in DC bunch. We're feeling ourselves too.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I got LeVar Arrington, I got a Big Big Daddy Wilkinson, Bruce Smith. I got to yellow jackets over here too, now, like, so we ain't finna get pushed around. But yes, when you let the wrestlers in the wrestling ring, somebody gonna get bottom slam body slam. And it happened over and over again. So yeah, you know what, But we have no drama with the Ravens.
Speaker 1: We don't. The Ravens fan and the Washington fans don't hate each other.
Speaker 2: The media tri I hate playing the media something part of me, but the media makes it into something like it's not right.
Speaker 3: It's not like it's something about these fan bases. We kind of play nice.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna send the Battle of the Dot way. And I hate to tell the Ravens.
Speaker 3: I had to tell the raven fans we loaned you some of our fans to make sure your fan base got a population that it needed. So I just don't see any future over there like us in Philadelphia. There's no love there, right, there's no love there. So it's it's a different flow.
Speaker 1: With them, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: So when you go around what we saw with the preseason over the weekend, I just want to throw out Cardinals and Broncos because Cardinals Broncos first.
Speaker 1: Two weeks of the season. Yeah, the Cardinals gonna suck. They're gonna suck, right, Uh, Yeah, they're in the Caleb Williams sweep Steaks. What I got they are? They are in that sweep stakes.
Speaker 3: And they might be the first team since we had since we drafted LeVar Arrington and Chris Samuels, we had the second and the third pick in that draft. The Arizona Cardinals might be the first team to have the first in the second pick of the draft. So I don't know if they had no rush to win any games. And you gotta realize when we played in Week one, new head coach Cop McCoy quarterback. If I'm at the MGM right now, he listen, I'm gonna look at it for what it truly is. But let's not forget. They still got players, they still got boot bakers. Still the NFL is still the NFL. You still got to show up, no game to be given to you. But right now the Cardinals are in the rebuilding stage where I think that the bro Coodes in one of these stages where we need to see what we got. Shar Payton new head coach. So two new head coaches our first two weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: One is trying to see do we have any players? The other one trying to see are my players? Who I think they are? Is Russell Wilson Still Russell Wilson. You don't feel good about that, Jinx, No, why.
Speaker 1: Because I just feel like he's I feel like he's done. I don't want him to be done.
Speaker 2: But it's even with He'll be better by virtue of the fact that Sean Payton is there, right, yeah, and that defense is no joke. That defense is salty. But I just if you watch that prese he had that one touchdown pass late. I don't care about a while to get going. He doesn't handle pressure. He's just a different dude.
Speaker 3: So the question was, was the Legion of Boom right, because we heard these these whispers coming out when the Legion of Boom was there and Russ was getting out of level and they're like, nah, we the reason this is going on. And now Russ has his team that's letting him cook and his dinner is coming out terribly cold.
Speaker 1: Listen, they let him, They let him go get the groceries, they everything for everything he wanted? Is it too much pressure? I do he think too highly of himself? That's the question.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny about that? I saw I'm not on TikTok a lot, but last change you.
Speaker 1: Too old to be on tiktoks. I'm on it.
Speaker 2: God, my girl's on it for like three hours a day. I'm like, you gotta take a break.
Speaker 1: I'm not on TikTok. He's good. She's like, did you hear about that girl?
Speaker 2: And she had a baby but the baby got decapitated inside the room.
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, that's what happens when you're on TikTok for two or three hours. Was like, I don't want to hear about this.
Speaker 2: Ye, but I saw something last year where it was when Russ went back to Seattle, and it was some dude and had some weird camera and well he's like, look at this. This is after the game. This guy spent his career in Seattle and it's Russ. After the game, walks onto the field, his former home field. He shakes hand, DAPs up Gino Smith. No one else and I mean no one else came up to him.
Speaker 1: He had just been there. But it was weird, but he don't look like the vindictive type.
Speaker 3: Now I know him in the head coach caring Yeah, but come on, no matter when we are as players, when we come back to a place, like when I came back here and played as a Minnesota Viking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I was talking to the channeliors. I would talking to the fans all my ex teammates. You don't forget that part of your life, right, you're just cutting off out. You just don't cut it off. And for him to do that.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel like he would even feel like he was kicked out or he was alienated.
Speaker 1: One odd to two. But he's holding a grudge. I guess sensitive thugs need a hug. We know that, we know that, and I'm out here to hug you. We hugged you. This is a safe zone, right right, man, This is safe zones.
Speaker 2: So since was talking about quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers, he's gonna be the guy for the Jets.
Speaker 1: Are you tired of him? Or are you you think he's had sort of a renaissance. He's a different dude now.
Speaker 3: I think I've never seen a guy do a three sixty that shows you a happy person hurts others all right, that's the truth to it. Every I'm my son, I'm a preacher. Yeah, they're unhappy people.
Speaker 1: I got quite intentially hurt other people.
Speaker 3: He was so unhappy and Green Bay and felt so unappreciated. He couldn't do nothing last year. So now he gets to a new place. He think about this, Jens, think about living in Green Bay for eighteen your life when.
Speaker 1: You be felkle All right, listen, I've never been to Green Bay. You never will listen to this.
Speaker 3: Thing, like imagine that waking it up and it's just corn fills with iceicles for miles and miles with nothing else. Magice saying, let's go to a game, no problem, Milwaukee ain't but an hour and forty five minutes away. And then they take you out of lord Umpny aka Green Bay and take you to the mecca, New York.
Speaker 1: The love he had Swift, their concerts.
Speaker 3: He doing stuff he could never do, being seen as a player, living a life for.
Speaker 1: The first time.
Speaker 3: Aaron Rodgers has a life outside of playing football, Like he can walk out his door now. And they love Aaron Rodgers of person much. They loved Aaron Rodgers the fishing New York.
Speaker 1: You can do whatever I want in New York and to go to the Jets.
Speaker 3: And if you win a Super Bowl at the Jets, God, you are Joe Willie naming for the second. He would never have to worry about anything else to the rest of his life.
Speaker 1: And you can see it in him. You can see it in his eye. He looks. He literally looks. He looks younger. Yes, he looks. He shaved, he cut his hair. He looked like I am having the time.
Speaker 3: It's the teammates is embracing them, like that's all you want to do is make sure you're worth feel like you can fill it in the building. These guys and these kids on this team, they ain't seen nothing like Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 1: They have never had a Hall of Fame quarterback. It's just not many to go around.
Speaker 3: And now that they have him, they see a different light. But now that he got them, they've rejuvenated him.
Speaker 1: They've made him younger.
Speaker 3: When he came there and said, I might play one year, now you're talking about nah, I might play three years.
Speaker 1: I might like this.
Speaker 3: That's how you rejuvenate yourself. So me, I have put the Hawaska guy the darkness retreat, the smooth poops. That's what happened. When you in darkness, you want to darkness. Now he in the light and all he doing is basket in the glory. I think Aaron Rodgers' personality has switched three to sixty.
Speaker 1: He's a new man right now.
Speaker 2: So we have some breaking news that you Commanders fans are going to want to hear. It is official. Seat Geek is now the official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders. That's right, the deal those final lives and Seat Geek is the newest member of the Commander's family. If you haven't heard the name yet, get used to it because you'll be hearing it a lot more this season. Whether you're buying or selling tickets to Commander's games or to any other event in the DMV.
Speaker 1: Seat Geek is the place to do it.
Speaker 2: Seat Geek the new official ticketing partner of the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 1: So Commanders fans, Ken fan, So you've watched Quarterback on Netflix a little bit, right? Yes? I have.
Speaker 2: So one thing I find fascinating about that is and Chris Jones. When the Chiefs was talking about this and we saw this from Patrick Mahomes where Chris Jones was saying some quarterbacks are real nice. Joe Burrow is real nice, but Josh Allen gets nasty, will talk smack yea. And Patrick Mahomes was saying, hey, I'll always talk nice to the d line, to linebackers. I want them to hit me a little bit soft, a little bit softer.
Speaker 1: Is there something to that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, great way to be a politician on it by him. But at the end of the day, yes, it is Philip Rivers, dog. Really Philip Rivers.
Speaker 1: Come out in pregame just yapping like that's what Phillips. Give me example, if you have it that you can share.
Speaker 3: No like litteral. When you come out on the field, you know the quarterbacks usually out there first, you're warming up.
Speaker 1: DB's cover us. Run out there to one smooth do sel. I'm gonna try to see how good you is today.
Speaker 3: Like just something something just to agitate jump from the jump. Then he be like, yeah, we've been starting to lift film. You don't like them coming backs, do you? So he really just he put something in your head. Brett Favre, same way, Britt.
Speaker 1: Come out there, he war me and they're like this ball for you, this right here for you.
Speaker 3: Like quarterbacks are now who y'all think y'all building him up? Yes, like they the preachers of the No, they are building like some of these guys anti villa, I mean anti heroes like some of here.
Speaker 1: College was very competitive.
Speaker 3: Tony Romo was a guy that a laugh at you while he dropped an eighty yard bomb on you. So each quarterback had their personality, and you knew the scrappy ones. You knew the one that like, yeah, I take him to old backyard, dirty mattress fight because you know what he'll get down dirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then you have a guy like Todd Collins had the chief. I can't do nothing you but take you to church with me because that's who the chief was. So different quarterbacks do different things, and it is a shock you whose mentality is like Peyton and cerebro cerebral as he was his competitive juices, get the fluoring forget.
Speaker 1: You and you out eat you and his whole like he eat you and his team.
Speaker 3: So it's it's it's different. Got Tom Brady. Tom talks really talks a lot. Like when I say talk, say lot, Tom will get in your.
Speaker 1: Ain't gonna lie. He wasn't.
Speaker 3: Then if you say, if you don't really attack him, he want to attack you.
Speaker 1: But you see from time to time you're getting someone's face because they attacked him. So he one of them guys, he responds, he don't initiate.
Speaker 3: But then you got your initiators like far and the rest of these guys that initiate. Then you got your guys come out there with that arrogant I.
Speaker 1: Might drop eighty yards on you today. Maybe that's to Aaron.
Speaker 3: Rodgers like this the guy that comes out there and does it like that. So I think it's it's a different view for all of them. I just had a lucky change that I got to play with generational guys that all played the game in their own little way.
Speaker 2: So the phrase smooth smack everything for a reason. How much talking did you do? What did you used to do?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: I weaponize verbal conversation at an early age. I come from in front of that very loud everybody talks Mississippi. You know, how did you have to like talk to so people would hear you because everybody's talking to everybody talking over there? Yeah, so that forore you you project louder because it was nice. It ain't who right, it's who the loudest, so then it go from that. Then don't forget. I was never the biggest guy. So I had to weaponize my language because I'm one seventy and I'm trying to get your attention because if I can get you to look at me, now, I can get you respect my game.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: People don't understand. Y'all think we just talked to talk. No, I'm weaponizing it so I can hurt your game. Some guys cannot take verbal warfare. They cannot take because once they're focused on me and they're mad at me, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't care what your emotion is. If I make you happy, smile, I'll make you mad. I'm in your head. You're not focused.
Speaker 3: And if you let me live rent free and now I won't move so here. The thing about it is when you do it, you do it for a reason. In college, I learned to do it before the game, so I used to weaponize it during the week.
Speaker 1: That's how I started smooth smack dot com.
Speaker 3: Where I used to literally call on campus if I knew anybody on the campus to get information about any information, and I would yap it out during the week and they would responding to.
Speaker 1: Me pregame, Oh really god, they were responding me, I can't believe you said that. Why ain't nothing off? It ain't nothing off going with us? What is you're talking about?
Speaker 3: So I think it's more of when people hear say trash talk, I think it's first level. I think they think, Yo, this is the third level of stuff right here that we're doing. We're not doing it just to make each other feel happy, to say the.
Speaker 2: Man, okay, here's a question when or if does it cross the line, like come on now, like try to keep it with them.
Speaker 1: We try to genuinely keep mammaeums out of this. We try to keep That's what I'm asking. We keeps hurt, We keep hurt out of it. We try.
Speaker 3: But girlfriends why like none of it. They coming, they're gonna talk trash to you, like, but we try to keep family members for the most part, out of it, and we try to make it more play.
Speaker 1: We play. I seen what you did last week, which was absolutely nothing.
Speaker 3: Like I tell the dude, like, check this out, man, I hope they put pockets in your pants this week, cause this way your hand's gonna be like this anything I got this blanket over here, you want to lay on it with me?
Speaker 1: We can, like you just anything. But then out of guy that head, guys like Reggie Wayne the stoic. That's crazy to me that I would just sit there. Yep, he would just look at me like your damn food. Like he was just look at me.
Speaker 3: His emotion wasn't going but Dad, he was just looking at me and won't say nothing. By this third quarter, I'm like, am I not getting.
Speaker 1: Through to him? Am I like?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Am I losing my touching my horse right now? Because he wouldn't respond. But then you got your guys just gonna respond, and they want to beat fire with fire like powerful pound. The best trash talk I've probably ever played against. We met in college, and this Chad was, Oh, I bet that's right now.
Speaker 1: That makes perfect well.
Speaker 3: Because I always grade my trash talkers off this. Do he talk noise before he make a play? How do he talk noise after? Because I caught one of them a front runner, Because if you make a catch on me and then you want to show out your front runner, you wouldn't say nothing beforehand, like Chad gonna talk before the game, after the game, doing the game, and me and him had this one thing that I thought me and him was few of many.
Speaker 1: Okay, we could talk while we're running. Wait, babe, talk while like running around or.
Speaker 3: You're trying to go he running the route, I'm checking the route, and we talking as the route goes on.
Speaker 1: When you're going, I'm going right here.
Speaker 3: You can't stop here like I used to literally like run beside people talking.
Speaker 1: They were like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yet, because I had the ability to talk doing the play and communicate. And Chad was one of the one receivers that from the snap of the ball to the end of the rope to.
Speaker 1: The catch, like he's talking doing the catch. Oh I got you.
Speaker 3: So it's it's this thing where this is really verbal warfare because we're gonna tip the tap back and forth.
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 3: Now you got him who's a happy trash talker, Like he's gonna do it more of the Joker.
Speaker 1: See that's how it. I always said who I was. It's a hero. I'm Deadpool as a villain. I'm the Joker. Why so serious? Now you got your guys like Steve Schmill. Now he's an animal. Now mess with Steech.
Speaker 3: When he talked trash, he's doing it in an angry man way. He's doing it in I don't want my neighbor on my grass like he that type of dude, like bulldog trash talker.
Speaker 1: Then you got your guy like straight Hand, straight hand.
Speaker 3: He in there like Chris Wahte, like a professional comedian. And see the funny thing about straight Hand, You don't think he would like to talk trash to the.
Speaker 1: Offensive player because he a deefense breath.
Speaker 3: When I'm on the field, he's talking trash to me, right, So when I get out the fielding he on the field, I'm talking trash to him. And then this year I know all I see him turn around and smile. All I see is then after he didne got twenty seven secs. So you got there, you got different type dudes. And then you got a guy like Ray Lewis. He gonna talk trash to you and throw a Bible bench at the same time, Like he said, I'm only doing this.
Speaker 1: In the name of the Lord.
Speaker 3: So you got you got different guy that attack you in different ways, didn't Steve Smith a couple of years ago tell Michael Urban.
Speaker 1: He was gonna beat his Yes, that's who he is, like very much be mitched, like yes, yes, if you hit the right buttons, he goes from it just turns.
Speaker 3: It just turns very quickly to the bulldog comes out and Steve Smith has that also. You can only take him so far before they really just say, you know what, can't talk about trash fist the cuffs, put them up right now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Years ago, I don't know if you remember this, we did a show called Monday Night Live on Comcast Sports that back in the day, and it was me, it was Sean Yeah, it was John Janssen and I was I was the dude in the crown, and I was given I'd known John now for a little while, so I gave him a hard time because obviously a huge dude. And I said something to him joking, I mean, look at me, and something went off and that Midwestern boy comes out and he goes, why don't you come up here and I'll show you.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's rushing for it. I was like, all right, all right. I was like, yo, yo, I'll come around. Yeah.
Speaker 2: All Sometimes just a flip goes off, where switch goes off and it's.
Speaker 3: Over, and some players had it like some guys got that tipping point. Like me, I pride myself on not letting people get me the ball in point. I always said, if you're gonna talk trads, you better have thick skin. So then I recognized not you' not on do I need thick skins. I can't have any feelings because if you got feelings, they can hurt them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't have any available so in the day. That's the thing about it.
Speaker 3: When you talk about a guy like b Mitch and you talk about a guy like Steve Smith, it's different ways of aggression that you had to deal with.
Speaker 1: I've worked for be Mitch many times and you just see it.
Speaker 2: You see you see like all of a sudden, you see the wheels turn and all of a sudden he blows up a little.
Speaker 1: Bit like we're talking to a football play. No, no, no, no, we talked to a grown man, old man. That's what That's what it is. All grown men just won't respect.
Speaker 3: And some guys are willing to say, put those dukes up so I can I can beat you.
Speaker 1: Like the boxing match. We see it a couple of weeks ago. That took my money for no reason. But we ain't gonna talk about that. But at the end of the day, yes.
Speaker 3: You know how there's a money you mone on and football is a gladiators. That's why when I took a trip to Rome, the first thing I did was go to the coliseum. I've been the rong three, four, five times and I never stopped going to the coliseum because when I'm on that hollow ground, I say, these athletes just shed blood. Is the reason, at the least now out of pay as they are now. Everything started in that coliseum.
Speaker 2: I believe b Mitch was in and Shark Nato three.
Speaker 3: Instead jumped off the shark at the end of it.
Speaker 1: You ever been in the movie? Not you know what?
Speaker 3: I've snuck in a couple of things. Nobody knows unless they actually looking for it. But I ain't had speaking speaking live. I want to consider you being in a movie. If you can hold a scene up two. You can't just be in that smiling Yeah, I'm Brett Fog Yeah, yeah, I'm talking about just you gotta have a scene, you gotta have some lines, and you gotta go with a real professional. That's why one of my favorite guys out right now, Bernie Davis, all right Bernon. David just he just did a movie with Morgan Freeman and he choked Morgan Freeman.
Speaker 1: I said, you know what, Son, nothing coming good to you. You just choked Jesus, you cannot do that, Vernon Davis. Everybody loves Morgan the Voice.
Speaker 3: Yes, but like you said, it was a privilege to be on set with him. He said, I learned so much from it. And he's like, yeah, I ain't. I got to spend like three months in Mississippi family. So most definitely Vernon is one of those taking it very scene.
Speaker 1: Go check everything he do outro Oh, I gotta check that out.
Speaker 2: So when you think about the best athlete appearances in movies all time, and they go on and on and on, when you're some of your.
Speaker 3: Favorites, now we gotta we gotta have some rules, okay, because I don't know if we can put wrastlers in here, because they normally leave wrestling and go become actors.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's less of a cameo yeah than it is like it becomes part of your next progression of.
Speaker 1: What they do.
Speaker 3: So, if you're talking about true athletes, the goat, I gotta say it's Jim Brown because I think he wanted the first groundbreaking guy that they took athletes serious when it came to active like so Jim Brown is the goat, But boy, my list.
Speaker 1: It's a good list. Lawrence Taylor.
Speaker 3: Anytime he on Caramel Reality set the TV like eat a film, it's great. Any given Sunday, I thought he showed what a linebacker like, what it feels like to be a linebacker.
Speaker 1: So a lot of people say they enjoy Dan Marino and they's.
Speaker 2: Been too Oh I had. We had Damn Reno on our radio show a couple of years ago. He said, we got him to say his famous line from that movie, which is your weird guy ass, and he set it for us on there.
Speaker 1: But that was a good cameras. Was that his only line or did he have he had a few dollars? That was the one he was known for.
Speaker 3: Well, I got one for you that I know you ain't even thinking about because it's too new.
Speaker 1: Marshawn Lynch in West World. See that's too deep for you. He's in West World.
Speaker 4: Did you not know that in the last season, the whole, the whole entire season running rampant Marshall Lynches and I stopped watching about after two seasons.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's in the four or third season.
Speaker 3: Half of the last season is yes, and he's I don't.
Speaker 1: Know if it's in real reality. I hope with them.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they're still in the computer. But what I do know, Marshawn did a great job in this.
Speaker 1: He's hilarious. No, but he can't be hilarious in It's right, he's gotta be.
Speaker 3: No, it's more serious than this, okay, because it's more revolution at this time while he's running around and everything going everything out.
Speaker 1: So I thought he did a great job in it.
Speaker 3: And you know, I got to bring up my fellow Mississippian, old Brett Fall something.
Speaker 1: About our area. That's a good one. You know.
Speaker 3: Everybody brings that up. And why not? I thought he brought some shun sign to it. Just show many acting skills.
Speaker 1: Like because we got to grade each other.
Speaker 3: Everybody can't be a ten, that's right, everybody can't be a ten. But I thought he did a good job playing Britt Fall.
Speaker 1: And who are you playing in the movie? Are you playing yourself? That's the thing too. Are you playing a character? Andre the Giant Princess Bride that's a good one. But here's the thing. The giant's just gonna be the giant. I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: But he played characters, that's true. He selected characters. He did not go into their playing Andrea giants. That's why I gotta give processed by that. Who else you got?
Speaker 1: Let's see, what's another good one? I wrote? We're down a couple here, well, mj and Space Jim.
Speaker 3: I think it was so before his time, and I think it was the first of his kind, and nothing that Michael Jordan could do at that time went babe.
Speaker 1: He had the mightiest touch. That's true. I think we had Michael Jackson u fouri, I mean Michael Jordan, eupour you. At that time, there was a Michael Jordan cologne. It was a Michael Jordan. You do you remember the cartoon with him dress yet? And who was that Bo Jackson? They just took like the greats and put them together and just put them in a cartoon like everything. Michael Jordan.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even go to lunch. I'm eating a big meg like Mike. I can't run for Mike. Nowell now, I'm gonna tell you how dirty Mike is. Mike sold me Michael Jordan's when I was seventeen four one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Now I'm buying the same Zex shoe. He ain't changed it. They just re released it for my sons for two hundred dollars. Crazy.
Speaker 3: So what I'm saying is sometimes what you do can block out how we really judge you.
Speaker 1: That's true. Right now.
Speaker 3: Nobody likes to bring up the fact that Mike played baseball because he's stunk.
Speaker 1: He did, and we don't like to think about Michael Jordan when it comes to the words. I think he stunk. He was not the unset bo Jackson when it came he was back.
Speaker 2: But you know what's crazy about that When you talk about his career, people forget he took that time off peak of his career. Yes, took off like two and a half years at the peak, and still.
Speaker 1: Came back in one three And we always lead that out. I'm like, lude at his peak, he just walked. We have nothing compared to There's nothing, Yes we do.
Speaker 3: Muhammad Alida's the only one.
Speaker 1: But I don't think he came back in three p D.
Speaker 3: Like I don't think he came back and did the things that Jordan did at the level that he did it.
Speaker 2: You're so right about MJ. One of my favorite memories when I was a kid was I opened up a pack of basketball cards. I had two Jordan's second year cards. I was like, did you not keep I got? I got the rookie. I have a rookie card, one of my most prized Why he sold it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just holding on to it, man, So what do your term BLD? What you holding on to it? Like? Some stuff should be auctioned right now? I got it.
Speaker 3: The Mike Collin be through two weeks ago in Vegas, has already hit the Oxy and.
Speaker 1: You holding on to a room. Yeah, Hey, we're gonna have to break in Jink's house.
Speaker 2: I had two second your cars. I was like, okay, perfect, I got a second one.
Speaker 1: I swear to god.
Speaker 2: I put this in a self addressed, damped envelope. I wrote Michael Jordan, and I addressed it to Chicago Stadium. This is before United Center, and I said, I'm your biggest fan. If you would just sign this and send it back to me, I'll be forever great for long note what in the mail? Forgot about it? Six months later, I got back and I had forgotten about it. I was like, this looks like my writing because of the self address damp Domblo open it up signed him J card.
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. Come on, man, small kid in the middle of nowhere in Texas. I thought it was the greatest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Wow, you still working with me? What's wrong with you? You're not a jinx. You're a jerk for that.
Speaker 2: Before we let the people go, let's bring it right back around because we do have joint practices this week.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what are some of the things you're looking for? Commanders and Ravens. I'm looking for us to match their physicality. You're gonna stow up there.
Speaker 3: If you can move the ball on this team offensively the Ravens, you can. You can moveing on anybody in the NFL. If you can stop the Ravens offense with the weapons they got, you can stop anybody in there.
Speaker 1: Can we go in there? Can we match their intensity? Two?
Speaker 3: Can we go in there and show them that we got some pensmanship over here? Now we can beat you with your pin We don't have to out physical you all the time.
Speaker 1: And what you give me for us. We're not finis. I'm talking about like I want, like the one thing about it.
Speaker 3: That's why I love coach Verbn being here. I have to play against the offensive coordinator. Some offense coordinators they beat us before we even get on the field. They beat us with what we call the pin. They design plays to attack our weaknesses. And I want to see them do that because this is what you can do that you can't do in the preseason games. Show plays, close practices. You can show plays right now. We can run what we're gonna run. We won Week two, Week three. You can do that because the whole world not watching you. Now when we do preseason game, everything's great and nobody's showing plays, nobody game scheme. So I want to see how they respond to that. And I really want to see how they respond they get hit in the mouth, because the one thing you know going up ninety five, you gonna get hit in the mouth, not of Quse neil is. You gonna hit back. Offensive line you will be put to the test. Defensive line, you will be put to the test. DB's you will be put to the test. So you gonna know a lot about your team, probably more than you are after week three in the preseason. You gonna know more about your team after this week than anything.
Speaker 2: Who is one guy who has showed out a little bit, but you want to see more.
Speaker 1: You want to see Oh Clik Hudson.
Speaker 3: Feel like he right at that bubble where it's like I'm I'm finna busting to start them either they just won't give me that chance I'm looking for. Like he's like I think I expect a lot. I think he can be very good. A lot of people don't understand he plays safety boked up to play linebacker. That allows him to cover, the ability to do a lot of stuff that they want to do.
Speaker 1: And I also just want to see Chase Young.
Speaker 3: Which looked good in the first year Cup. He was this close to a couple of sacks. He was doing things that Chase Young do. Like I tell people, when people get hurt, don't worry about the year they come back. It's always the next year because then you got a chance to have an off season so I can get better. If I'm in the off season that I got hurt, I'm just trying to get well. It's totally a different I think Chase Young gonna be that guy to say, you know what y'all miss me, cause uh I ain't wit nowhere right, So chase young as a dude especially, come track you jinx contracts you.
Speaker 1: We fire away. We muscle up the strength of a mustard seed doing them. We're ready for preseason again. Number two.
Speaker 2: Ravens and Commanders and joint practice. That's gonna do it for this edition of the Get Loud Podcasts presented by Sea Gee. That's my guy, Fred Smooth. I'm Michael Jenkins. We'll see you next week, Bo Bunn and John Week two. Don't forget that the views and opinions expressed by our podcast guests and or hosts are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of the Washington Commanders or any of their representatives.