Speaker 1: First Day to follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Zach is on the phone today for our first Day follow up and he's getting ghosted by Lilah. So in a few minutes we'll call her see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Zach, how long has it been since you heard from Lilah?
Speaker 3: Like maybe two weeks if it's been a minute.
Speaker 4: Were you trying to hit her up in that time?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: I did message her like a few times, and they may or may not have sent the memes, but like good ones, like you know, like like funny, like jokey ones, not like desperate memes.
Speaker 2: Okay, not like memes of somebody crying with a phone call them back like funny.
Speaker 3: I mean, like some somewhere in between those two.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't know how that is going to play out, But let's let's go backwards. Why don't you tell us about the date, Zach? How was it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I thought the date was fine.
Speaker 3: I thought everything went well. Basically, it's actually kind of cool. I thought spice it up. First dates usually boring let's do an escape room. So it was fun but like it was low key stressful, you know, like but like teamwork. First date, you know, go big or go home, right, I take big swings, got some drinks. Afterwards, things were obviously more relaxed and less like pressure filled again, good sign.
Speaker 5: We stayed until the bar closed.
Speaker 3: Like we were just talking and like, I don't know, she's so like so she's super smart, like annoyingly smart, like in a good way, like she's funny. I don't know, like even though I was nervous, I was laughing, but it was like not just nervous laughing, you know what I'm saying. So it ended there was a kiss, not like you know, rom com like in the rain, like whatever moment, like a solid kiss more than a peck, less than a makeout, you know.
Speaker 5: So like I thought that was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who kissed who? Or was it mutual?
Speaker 3: I made the first move, you know, but she leaned in ninety and ten right like dot com.
Speaker 2: Okay, it didn't seem like she was just kissing you because she had to like yeah I've been there, No.
Speaker 3: Because that's like tech, that's like a peck, right, and then like it's quick, this is more than a pack.
Speaker 4: Okay, right? All right?
Speaker 2: And how did you end things with her? Like what did you did she say she wanted to see you again? Anything like that?
Speaker 3: I mean I didn't specifically say like what are you doing next week? I just was like I agree, yeah, like you know, like I'll call you or whatever, you know, I'll text you and she's like okay cool.
Speaker 5: And then that that was That was it.
Speaker 4: Is there anything that happened on the date that could have thrown it off? Like what went wrong you think?
Speaker 3: I mean sometimes I can get like competitive when I mean, you know, like playing games and stuff. So in escape room, like maybe I was getting to like passionates I guess to be like, hey you have that key, like the things?
Speaker 4: Did you freak out at all, like like a huge freak out or something.
Speaker 3: No, we escaped, which was nice. It wasn't one of those like horror ones where like zombies, you if you don't get it. It was just like they escape, you know, escape the room. It gets hectic and a little stressful, but like in.
Speaker 5: A good way.
Speaker 3: Ok So, I felt like it's possible that maybe I'd rubbed it the wrong way by being.
Speaker 5: Like, oh he grabbed that key and you know, but she was kind of doing the same thing to me, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: So, like be honest with yourself. Was it more like giving orders or was it like more of a playful you do it, no, and then I'll do this.
Speaker 3: I want to say it was playful, but.
Speaker 5: It might have been orders. I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's the thing is, sometimes you can't see yourself. If I was like standing outside myself watching maybe, but I'm saying I know I can't get like that.
Speaker 4: I just don't know if that's how it or maybe she read it wrong.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe you threw a look and you weren't like annoyed at her, but you maybe were thinking about something.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh, wow, you know what I mean. Yeah, yeah, that happens.
Speaker 5: Maybe yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Give me there, I would that would probably not get you another day.
Speaker 5: I don't think I did that.
Speaker 4: I don't do that.
Speaker 2: Cool, all right, man, Well, we'll play a song come back, and then call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting you and maybe get you another date.
Speaker 5: Okay, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you too. Man, plays song come back, give your first a follow up next if you're just joining us for today's first day follow up. Zach is on the phone and he's getting ghosted by Lilah. So we're about to call her and see if she'll tell us why she's ghosting him and maybe get him another date. But first, Zach, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean she is super gorgeous, super smart. I felt like, okay, let's you know, like, let's go big. And we went to an escape room first date. I felt like that was a big swing and I thought it went pretty well. We did kiss, we escaped the room, you want your drinks afterwards, kiss at the end of the day.
Speaker 5: Ghost things.
Speaker 3: Since then, I feel like maybe maybe if I had to guess, like, I know, I can get.
Speaker 5: Competitive, so maybe I was.
Speaker 3: A little competitive in the escape room. Maybe, you know, she felt like I was too pushy. I'm not sure that could potentially be it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you ready for us to call her? Yes? All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, May I speak Tolilah? Please?
Speaker 3: This is Selila, Hilila.
Speaker 4: How are you. My name is Jewbel. I'm calling from a radio show. It's called The Jewel Show. Hililah. I'm Nina also on the show. Hi, I'm Victoria.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: Hi, so this is Wait, so this is one of those radio shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is. It's one of those. Have you ever listened to the Jubil Show before?
Speaker 6: I'm sure here and there, I guess I'm not.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I usually just kind of listen to whatever's on my phone. I guess.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, hopefully it's us sometimes that'd be cool if you will check it out. But anyway, we do a segment on our show and it's called the First Day follow Up. What that is is if you go on a day with somebody and you end up ghosting them, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. So we actually got an email about you from someone who does have us on their phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh my god.
Speaker 3: So so people actually do this? Yeah, but I didn't think this was real.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, they do actually do this, and you're one of those people right now.
Speaker 4: How's it feel? Yay? Congrats?
Speaker 7: Oh I don't know, and wait, what is this about?
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry? What is this about? Again?
Speaker 4: Well, you went on a day with a guy, named Zach recently.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Zach said he really liked you, but he hasn't heard from you since the date. It's been like two weeks, and he's wondering if you wouldn't mind telling us why you're ghosting him.
Speaker 3: Oh, I mean, yeah, I'm ghosting him because he's a liar.
Speaker 4: Oh, liar, what is he lying about?
Speaker 3: You know? Well?
Speaker 7: I mean I thought the date was fun and cute, but after the date, I just realized that I can't really trust anything.
Speaker 3: He says. Okay, hold up, what can't you What can't you trust? What I said? I that was a lie that Zach.
Speaker 4: He's actually on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 6: And oh my god, hi liar, because we were in an escape room and he basically told his whole like backstory that was not true to the escape room staff to get extra clues to be able to come up with a lie. That that quick is just just being to me like, that's like, that's not okay.
Speaker 2: Do you think the fact that he came up with a lie real quick, like in an escape room is like you'll do that all the time?
Speaker 4: Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 7: I mean, I can't put it past him and that fast, like it.
Speaker 2: Was so fast as a good liar myself, she probably has a point here.
Speaker 4: Thank you for the self awareness.
Speaker 7: And for something so small as to like get free clues like that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, hold up, I got the clues right.
Speaker 3: We needed to get out of the escape room, right, Like I'm competitive. That's not I wasn't lying. I didn't lie to them and tell them.
Speaker 5: Like something, I don't understand that I'm not lying.
Speaker 3: I'm confused.
Speaker 7: Okay, but that's what a liar would say.
Speaker 3: Well, we got out of the escape room, didn't we, Like, wasn't that?
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, but yeah, but at what costs? I mean, here we are Okay, what don't what do you consider a lie? If I'm a liar, then you're a liar because you have brown hair.
Speaker 3: What is that supposed to mean? Because on your dating profile you.
Speaker 5: Have blonde hair, So I guess you're a liar.
Speaker 3: Saying that you have.
Speaker 5: One colored hair and you don't.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's not even close to the same thing, But that's however you want to feel.
Speaker 5: It's fine. Whatever liar.
Speaker 3: Hold each other names all day doesn't mean it's real Lila, would you like to.
Speaker 4: Go on another date? Was that will pay for it?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I just don't really think I can trust him to be honest.
Speaker 5: But was that a lie?
Speaker 3: So you really mean you do want to go on it?
Speaker 7: Look, I'm sorry, you're clearly triggered, but like you did lie, you lied, and you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: What you're referring to was what I think you're talking about. That is not lying just by omitting the truth is not a lot like it's just.
Speaker 5: Omitting the truth is a lie? Keeping the truth from someone has a lie. That is how a lie is defined.
Speaker 3: So I'm just supposed to say everything that I know in the entire world, every person that I know, to make sure that I'm not lying by not saying everything in the world just because I happen to know a lot about that last name, Like I could be that guy's uncle. Like who's to say, you don't know, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, Zach, I'm sorry, No second, who's that guy?
Speaker 5: That could be the truth?
Speaker 3: Like true like ancestors that common and whatnot, Like that could be the truth. You don't know. I'm thinking you don't know either.
Speaker 5: So like a lie that you know everything. Okay, but then she said, like it was supposed to be.
Speaker 3: No liar, you're lying, you're lying round, You're liar.
Speaker 4: Nobles. First date fall