Speaker 1: All right, let's hit a few voicemails here. Number one. I was wondering, like you were saying, that you've done the podcast for twenty plus years only go back to like twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: I'm curious about that most the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys. Great question. Who knows the answer?
Speaker 3: I think maybe I do go a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, we were recording.
Speaker 1: You're thinking too much. You're already going your.
Speaker 3: Nope, we were on iTunes.
Speaker 1: Nope, you're thinking too much. It's much easier than that. Okay, you got it. It's much easier than that. Let's munchbox, do you know. Yeah, yeah, go.
Speaker 5: When we moved the country, we took down the.
Speaker 1: Pop Yeah, okay, we just switched feeds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, that is much easier than Yeah, that's very simple. So when we moved to Nashville, there's a lot of things that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they switched our feeds to something else, and I don't know what they did with the old feed. Yeah, but yeah, we've been doing it for twenty years. Over twenty years, which is crazy that we've been podcasting for that long and not just like putting our show up, but dedicated to it. Everyone. I used to have someone sit in the room and write out everything that we did to post it on the website.
Speaker 3: Yes, do you know that I used to meet.
Speaker 1: I believe it. Everybody had to do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I would be doing the show, but then also having to do the We called it the rundown.
Speaker 1: But most shows we'll do a meeting and a rundown pre we don't do any sort of meeting at all. Ever, and there's no pre. But Amy would write or whomever it was, whomever.
Speaker 4: I mean, for a certain stint, it was my responsibility.
Speaker 3: And then I think people were.
Speaker 6: Like court stenographer, that's exactly what it was way, and we would write every single thing that happened on the show, so pep, we could go read it yep.
Speaker 1: In case you missed the show, it couldn't have the podcast. You could still keep up with the show. That's crazy. So it was yeah, yeah, at times I get credit for being Wow, this guy was so ahead. I was just young. I was not ahead. I don't think I was any smarter than anybody else. But when you had forty and fifty year olds doing morning shows and then you had me at twenty two or twenty three, I wasn't doing anything revolutionary. I was just doing what I was consuming, and so I made everything available on the internet. And so I think they go into that a bit in that Outliers book, which Eddie Pryor. I have not read that, Okay, that one, you haven't.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it's on your list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, where there are certain things that you're just presented with around your environment. It can be age, it can be when you're born in a year, if you're an athlete, it could be Bill. Bill Gates born near one of the only computers in the country, and so he had lucky him. Yeah, he was able to get to it because it was in proximity. I just happened to be really young and was doing things like that because I knew that I wanted to consume things. And so we were nailing a podcast. We're doing the radio show, We're doing extra content for the podcast. We were writing everything out online. But yeah, the good old I remember when people were listening to podcasts. I'm like, what is then, Like, what do you mean? The first podcast I ever remember was Joe Rogan doing it, and I remember him doing it, and I'm saying without any sort of broadcast element. I remember Joe Rogan was doing a podcast and putting it on Apple and I was like, wow, that's wild, Like he's really dedicated to doing this. Have you ever seen the clip of Tom Green teaching Joe Rogan about well a podcast? No, no, So Tom Green was really one of the first people to do an internet show from his house and so people would come over and Joe Rogan was a comic at the time, and Tom Green was saying, this is the future. You can just get online and do a show and people will watch it. And Joe Rogan's like, wow, this is cool. Mike, You've had to have seen it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you can see it, like clicking his head, like I could do this at my house.
Speaker 1: That's cool. The ones that I remember really early where Adam Carolla where Joe Rogan were Old Simmons, like they were way early on just doing a podcast without any sort of element. For me, I was doing the radio show but doing the podcast. But Mike, anybody else kind of mind. Adam Curle definitely come to mind. I think it was the first podcast to get a million streams.
Speaker 6: Yeah, those made sense to me though, because it was like those were those were on air people like they had Loveline, you know, so that I was like, oh, okay, but it's on the internet. It was people like Jill Rogan like why he has a radio show but on the internet only.
Speaker 1: That didn't make any sense to me and kids, but young people at times. That word podcast is just now a word when you listen to something that you download your stream. But the original podcast was so you could put it on an iPod. That's why I was called that podcast. You can download it from iTunes, which is where all the podcasts were basically consumed from. That was the platform, and you would put it in your iPod and so that'd be a podcast, your ipodcast.
Speaker 6: I don't even think my kids know what an iPod is. We've never talked about that.
Speaker 4: And we had those little mini iPods and like go for a run. That was revolutionary because you know, we grew up in the day of running with our CD walkman thing you don't run.
Speaker 3: Too fast, it'll skit.
Speaker 1: When you had the thing with shocks on it, you can put your CD player on so if you hit a bump and it still would skip, but it gave you like ten percent better and say, yeah, you would take your CD player with a single disc and you would have a tape that went out of the CD player and you put in the tape player that would play the CD in the car. And that's how it did that that wire from the tape to the CD player that was on the shock mount. Then we all have it, okay.
Speaker 4: So this is a little in the weeds as of me being like a listener before I joined the show and Bobby doing dance party way back in the day. So on Fridays, I would sometimes run before work, and I would time my run to when you were doing the dance party. And I had one of those walkman's that would go around your arm, a MFM, you know, and I would put that on and I would put it on ninety six seven KISSFM, and I would do my run during your dance party. So at least for however long that last ten to fifteen minutes or whatever that was, Like I had hit a hit after hit of like for my run, like my own little mix, and I would get like I was, I was faster and like I remember Friday, it's dance party day.
Speaker 3: Or I would do that with I.
Speaker 4: Don't know if it was who was doing the top countdown of that, like on a Saturday. I'd wake up and run during the countdown, so I would it assured that I was running to like popular songs and I had more energy.
Speaker 1: The dance party used to be all call in live, take request live, and I'd work the phones, find the songs, play them at that time, and I would just fight my way through songs while taking calls while playing, which is crazy. A lot is crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember I was working the news and the reporters thought I was so cool because I knew you, and I text you be like, dude, play Humpty Dance and like you would play Humpty Dance Like no way.
Speaker 1: That's so cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have an insight to the get inside of the Humpty Dance. Yeah. So yes, sir, that feed changed in twenty thirteen and that is why. Yeah, good observation. Let's go number two.
Speaker 8: Oh my gosh, this is Pebbles from Oregon and your guys show the Last two days is on Point Amy and lunch Box. You you got it going on. It is so funny anyway, love the show.
Speaker 1: Thanks have to day, great job, great job you too, don't know you've got to going on. I don't know what you've done different than what you always do at high high level. But obviously you've been killing it. Yeah, I don't know, so I know, and that's why that's why you're still good. You don't even know natural Yep, thank you, You're welcome. I didn't say, but yes, I also say it.
Speaker 3: The bubbles, Pebble.
Speaker 1: Pebbles and Oregon all right, number number seven, Ray Morning Studio.
Speaker 9: This was Mindy from Claro, Texas. I was just calling to ask if you thought that the national anthem at the women's baseball thing was rigged like a gig to get them publicity. That sounds like something you would do. Just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks.
Speaker 1: No, Also, I would never bet the national anthem. Just for the record, I think everybody knows that. Yes, I would do things for publicity, but I wouldn't do that. And no, because I saw a video of them warming up also before they sang that. I don't know how somebody didn't stop them. You guys saw the clip right, know who is this? Are you kidding?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, oh wow, I can play it for my phone, Mike, something that work.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I always am a bit sensitive and I do treat the national anthem with a with it being a bit precious, even to the point where I don't ever want to play a partial national anthem because I don't want anyone to take that as a oh, why are you sliding it, even if it's part of a segment I'm talking about something. There's a women's baseball league now professional women's baseball league, and they had played their first games last weekend, and I really thought about playing this on the show, but we had just gone through our national anthems and those were so funny, they were so sincere, but it was so funny that I thought, I don't want to go overboard in bad national anthems. It was just too much bad national anthem at one time. So this happened, and it went so viral, and it's a woman and two other women, but she's definitely the lead singing the national anthem before the first women's baseball game. Now I have the one forty two version.
Speaker 3: The time, the total one minute forty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the one that went super viral was like thirty eight seconds of it from the middle. Let's see if I can get it here on This is from the Independent, but it's not loading for me.
Speaker 3: So the caller is now.
Speaker 1: So the amy was so bad. It was so bad they think it was a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a stage. You would absolutely never do that.
Speaker 1: I would not do a bit.
Speaker 4: No with the national like you struggled with like okay.
Speaker 10: Martha Reeves, Oh can you see by?
Speaker 2: But bye so Fae well Ti Nast Sleep Rocks, Drive Sadr, the Pah, the Sweet.
Speaker 4: Were so cap.
Speaker 5: Stream and the lock.
Speaker 1: The Loves birst in Air Okay, that.
Speaker 5: Lost still.
Speaker 10: Same does last thing.
Speaker 2: Word? Oh? The lad on the th and the whole of the right.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't understand.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one. No, it's not. She was doing it as hard as she could and she was trying hard.
Speaker 3: But what was happening? Why would they do that?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, do you want to visually?
Speaker 4: I need a visual because I can't.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to.
Speaker 3: I'm featuring like three comedians.
Speaker 4: Like no, not at all, like Big Hats and.
Speaker 1: Big Cowboy Hat. I like that delay well the other the background singers. The two girls are confused because she's going so fast. Okay, hey, this has to be there for real. They're for real And that's why I also don't want to bat back on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't want to back on it. I'm just like who who was, Like, let's book them.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 6: This has to be a hearing problem in the in the stadium, Like it's got to be a delay. They don't hear each other. She thinks she's on pitch. She's not on pitch.
Speaker 1: I saw the warm up, is what I was saying.
Speaker 3: And the warm up was like that, the.
Speaker 1: Warm up with no microphones because TMZ then had a second like two days later, I think it TMS had a video and had the TMS over the top, you know, so you can't take it as a watermark. And it was then warming up and kind of just like that. Okay, so that's just their their sound, and God bless them. They tried hard, but that was really bad. And you see not only the crowd in the background trying so hard not to worry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they put it on one of the ballplayers at one point, and they were like biting their lip trying to just stay serious.
Speaker 1: So to the caller, I do not think it was a bit. I think they were trying as hard as they possibly could. It was really bad. I can't believe somebody allowed that to happen. Yeah, and to your point, because that can't happen where the sound can mess with you. They were warming up just as poorly.
Speaker 6: Because that part where she does the delayed, delayed far she quit the other everybody got confused. Yeah, and it sounds like they're just not hearing each other. But I mean, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see Fergie sing it at the NBA All Star Game? Oh? I've seen that one. I believe it was an All Star game. And the players are trying so hard not to crack because she's trying as hard as she can and it's like a weird version. Oh and they're just going, oh my god, because they know the cameras are on them and they're putting everything in it not to crack.
Speaker 6: That's interesting for them because they have to hear a national anthem before every single game. I'm sure they hear all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: The interesting thing about the national anthem at sporting events? Did you know the government paid leagues to make players come out there to promote patriotism. It was never actually part of what leagues were doing. They'd play it for the fans, and they'd play it as a way to start the game, but that players were never out there. Oh oh, and so.
Speaker 3: That's not just in our country, doesn't they do it everywhere.
Speaker 1: I don't know what everybody does in like league events, but now they don't.
Speaker 3: Guess I just assumed.
Speaker 1: Now they don't because if you don't come out, then they go you don't love America. But they paid them for a long time, pay the leagues to make players come out to promote that. Interesting. Yeah, so forever players were not out during the national anthem.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before a game, they weren't out. They just played it over there.
Speaker 4: They did it no matter what I thought that they were paying them to play it.
Speaker 1: Like no be out there. They all didn't play it though, so it wasn't even bad if you didn't. It wasn't something that you had to do or you were expected to do. Some teams just did it, some teams didn't, and if you didn't, it wasn't bad. No one thought anything of it. But then it was a for sure initiative of the United States government to get everybody out there to play it, to promote patriotism, to get people really to enlist.
Speaker 5: Wo.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's what's up? That was a bad one. Man. I hadn't heard that it went so viral. My wife I was playing it on my speaker through my phone, not in an AirPod, and my wife goes, are you just not seeing that? I was like yeah, She goes, it's been everywhere. I'll on her algorithm too, Amy, what's your story?
Speaker 4: Okay, Now this is going to seem political, but it's not. It's more of my thoughts. And I'm curious. So are y'all following that Ohio Representative Max Miller?
Speaker 3: And he's seen him. He's a little viral right now.
Speaker 4: He has allegations against him, and I saw him doing a certain.
Speaker 3: Interview where like domestic stuff.
Speaker 4: He was being asked, yeah, I'll get into the alleged acts. But the interviewer was asking him, are you going to drop out of the race, and he was like no, and I'll tell you why. And you would think his answer after that would be so this could be again he's running in politics. He could be the CEO of a company. We're not making this political. It's more of like what's wrong with people? His answer was like no, and I'll tell you why. And you think he's gonna come up with this answer of like, yeah, because I didn't do it, I'm innocent. So there's multiple allegations like a girl from college that said she was pushed, a next girlfriend that has made allegations against him, and an ex wife and I mean the ex wife and her dad is even in politics, and he's in Ohio, Like he's involved in Ohio politics and he's having to get involved because he.
Speaker 3: Was threatened by Max Miller and.
Speaker 7: Violent abusive at each other.
Speaker 4: There was a pulled a gun out at some point, allegedly a lot of smoke, a lot to where you would be like, you know what, I think I'm gonna hang my hat, uh and not run. Well no, So his answer was here and I'll tell you why I'm going to keep running, And then he used this just happens to be the example.
Speaker 3: Again, this is not political. This could be anybody. But he's like when Donald Trump was running and he.
Speaker 4: Was facing all kinds of allegations, he powered through and he's still won. Like that's your answer, So you're just you're not even gonna proclaim, which maybe he has elsewhere.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about this particular interview clip.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, you know I mean, I think he's filing defamation lawsuits, which would insinuate on innocents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because anybody can claim they're going to do a lawsuit, and doing one's a whole separate thing.
Speaker 4: Right, So I just found it so interesting that that was his defense as to why he's staying in the race. And it's like, yeah, we're just handing people these reasons of like, well, this person had all these allegations and they power through and they won.
Speaker 3: So that's what I'm going to do for Ohio. I'm like, you just seem like a.
Speaker 4: Total sleeves ball, and I know that this is all alleged, but in my mind, you suck, and I stand with these women.
Speaker 1: In my mind, he sucks too, because there are multiple women from multiple eras that did not know each other, that have no connection. If there's one person I have now, because there have been so many false accusations that have happened, I'm not blindly going to believe anybody at anything. If there's no evidence and it's just one person, I'm gonna let it kind of do its thing.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: So I'm not say one that's just going to go believe all men, believe all women. I can't do that at this point because I've seen it happen. Where you do that, you get yourself in trouble because sometimes.
Speaker 3: They lie and we have proof of that.
Speaker 1: Yes, However, this guy, it's like multiple people that he's had relationships with through multiple seasons of his life that do not know each other, that have said very similar things. It is an absolute allegedly alleged.
Speaker 4: But another tidbit I'll sprinkle in would be again, they don't know each other. But it's not one of those because this is this does happen to be politics. These aren't people from the other side. These are they're aligned in the same party. So it's not like, oh, this is a democratic you know, like no.
Speaker 1: There, there's definitely a trend here.
Speaker 4: Yes, So, because you would think if they were in opposition with their work, it might be like, oh, well, they're just making that up because obviously, you know they're trying to win. They want their side to win and this is a way to take me down.
Speaker 3: But they're aligned politically.
Speaker 1: It's weird. He seems like a slays ball. Yeah. I think our listeners know that. I just don't trust any politician ever. It doesn't matter I don't. I think people run and then they get there and then their priority is just staying there more than it is actually doing things. I think they may do a couple things, but I think their goal is to keep being what they are, so they're going to do anything to stay And it's just so much money. Even my little flirt of thinking about running for office, what they tell you is you're just on the phone asking for money all the time. That's eighty percent of the job. And what just it wasn't for me. I think I can do more outside you just asking for money, just asking for money, because it takes so much money to actually have a campaign build and win.
Speaker 3: This is Ohio, this is where you might be coaching.
Speaker 1: Mm hm oh that's right, shout out zips.
Speaker 6: So and then when you take that money, are you kind of obligated to like do what they want you to do?
Speaker 1: Basically?
Speaker 4: Yes, Like so yeah, that's telling whether that's your intent. It's sort of you collect enough money and then you start.
Speaker 6: Like they're kind of promises being made, right yeah, basically yeah, Okay, lunch box your story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So Lindsey Vaughan, she almost lost her leg in the Winter Olympics, almost had to have it amputated with a horrible crash, and she's gone through all these surgeries and rehab. Let me tell you, this woman is amazing. She's out paddle boarding.
Speaker 8: She is back.
Speaker 5: She's out paddle boarding and a nice red bikini. And I'm telling you what. You can't even tell.
Speaker 1: That's what it's about for him. She's vest it's the red bikini.
Speaker 5: Like, you can't even tell that she was hurt. Like she's like the bionic woman. Like, I am so impressed.
Speaker 6: And her injury was so bad. Remember the helicopter had to pick her.
Speaker 1: Up the taper. Yeah, that's crazy. But what are you most impressed with?
Speaker 5: I mean, she looks amazing, Like I am looking at her on this podder board out on I don't even know where she is, but it looks amazing. And she doesn't even look like she was hurt.
Speaker 1: I know, some people are just built different genetically. And also the work that she put into the rehab. It's a combination of the two. I don't want to shy away from that. But obviously she's a pro athlete because she works hard and she's built different. Uh, and maybe her dad was there to do well scuba would have been an NBA player. His dad wasn't there, right, So that's a big part of somebody making it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got three kids. We'll see one of those does. Yeah. Yeah, because you're you're around, right, dude, not on my round. I coach, I'm there, I show up. I think that'd be a strike against them if their dad, who didn't play, as coaching. And I think they keeps up, dude, I know the basics.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the odds are your kids aren't going to be a professional athlete.
Speaker 1: Odds are they probably won't. So yeah, it's a creative Odds are they won't be a D one athlete.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know what D one is. I don't want to shame him for not having sports knowledge. Okay, it's a shame.
Speaker 5: I don't care.
Speaker 6: Well, no, no, you should care, because if they're going to go to play college sports, you should know that it's a massive it's one of the big schools.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, like an F s U or U F or something, and then a D two would be a small school that's in a whole different classification but less less population, like a community college. No, that that community college would be like a junior college, so you'd have junior college. There aren't four year institutions. You have community college and aren't four institutions. Do you have junior colleges where they do have sports that also are in that same boat. But like where I came from, our community college did not have football. What do they call it? Juco? Junior? Yeah? All the Netflix shows, what are those call? Guys are so good? Last last, Yeah, those are juco's. Usually when you get kicked out of another school or you don't have the grades, you go to a JUCO for a while. The one that you went to was a juco.
Speaker 3: Blynn Lynn, Well, I was at the other one. My didn't have football team.
Speaker 1: Did you care?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw that on a clip and I'm like he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So there's there's one in Brenham, Texas. I think that's where that one was. And that was the one with the football team that was more of like a big campus. I was at the one in Brian College Station, like right next D, A and M. That would feed a lot of people.
Speaker 1: There's Division three, which they don't do scholarships for athletics, but they have teams. There's Division two, which do have scholarships, but they're smaller. There's Division one, which are the major schools. And then you get into you know, power for the big conferences versus the G whatever.
Speaker 6: But yeah, scool, but you got to know this stuff. Many did you guys?
Speaker 11: Happen to see that the G League is doing tryouts, like open tryouts for people just to show up there, and they got people who are like out of shape and running around and out of breath. I thought about, like going to a town where that's at and see how far I could get.
Speaker 1: I can tell you how far you get? How far? I know? Okay, is aint Papa shout bub that's true. I wanted to be with anyone from that. So baseball used to Major League Baseball used to do this open tryouts and players would come and there were a couple stories of people making it. But you wouldn't go right to the majors. You'd go right to a minor team. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Is that where like the movie The Rookie, I think Dennis Quay where he's like a pitcher, he's a minor league.
Speaker 1: He goes to the mind but he have well I don't know, I haven't seen it. It'spin forever. So I don't know he eventually plays in the majors. Does he go back to an open tryout?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he does, because so what happen is he was a high school coach and he said he made a bet with his team if they won district or they won a certain amount of games, he would go try out for a major league team because he was throwing gas and batting practice. And they were like, coach, you should be in the major leagues. And so he did it. Their team went and they did whatever they did. So he went and tried out and he got signed.
Speaker 1: Was he never a minor league player before? Now? That I don't remember, And I can be totally wrong, but and I saw it so long ago. It piled like he had some career where he didn't make it, and then he went to coach, did he throw next to this but this this street? Okay, straight, that's what it's starting to come back to me slowly. Where he goes next to the highway? Might Yeah, he was a minor league player and the way back in the day he.
Speaker 6: Got Yeah, he goes to like a highway and goes to one of those radar you know those the speed, yeah, whatever, and he throws the ball and it's like a hundred's like whoa.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it was like sixty five, but some of the numbers were burned out. When he turned his back, it lit back up and it was like ninety five. So yeah, he was discouraged because he was like, oh, man, only threw sixty five or whatever and then lights up. That's actually really.
Speaker 1: A really good movie. We had one of those signs on the edge of mountain Pine on hot springs that you could easily get to, and I remember us going to throw by it and it didn't recognize the ball. Like everybody was throwing all kinds of stuff by it and it never recognized a ball. So we thought that movie's full of crap. Yeah, all right, let's see that is Amy. That is lunch box Eddie.
Speaker 6: Okay, remember I told you guys about a month ago they were at Florida was having this competition to catch snakes because they have a problem with Burmese pythons in the Everglades.
Speaker 1: So they made an.
Speaker 6: Open call like all you snake catchers coming to Florida and catch these pythons. And the Grand Plart Prize is ten thousand dollars to the winner. Well, it happened, and the winner they got ten thousand dollars. He caught ninety six pythons and the biggest python to come out of the competition was a sixteen foot five inch python.
Speaker 1: You have to have a couple snake bites on your hand if you're doing or somewhere with ninety five, right, just just a numbers game, you're going to catch it ninety five. You're probably gonna get bit a couple times.
Speaker 6: I don't think See, these are non venomous, so I don't think they care about the bytes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but I'm just saying you probably still sure unless you're just in full leather.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was thinking maybe he would big look gloves and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except the only thing that the people that I know that would catch snakes is that they did wear gloves. But if they wore them and they were too thick, you couldn't grab the snake. It was it's harder to be precise with your movements. Well, they have tools, because I remember when cheaters that now you should you have to use your hands in this competition. You should have to use your hands in your mouth to catch it. With your mouth.
Speaker 6: See, and these pythons are the ones that choke you out. These are the ones that kind of wrap your head or whatever. But when I was a kid, we had a ranch growing up, and we would catch rattlesnakes, and about once a month, maybe like twice a month, this guy would show up in a pickup truck to buy the rattlesnakes from us. And it just it depended on the on the pound of the rattlesnake. Why he said that he would sell it for snakeskin and then anti venom. Is that what you think really was happening to I don't know. Oh, I don't know, but he looked like crocodile dundee. Everything he wore was snakes skins and it was awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well then he probably was making smash cut.
Speaker 1: He's having sex with them in his house.
Speaker 3: Oh that's what you thought.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying because I was like, what else would he.
Speaker 3: Be doing with it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You can't si making boots and stuff. He probably was.
Speaker 6: You can't sell a rattlesnake like at the pet store, right, No, no, okay, you can't sell watermarks and venomous rattlesnake.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, because I've never seen anyone have a rattlesnake as a pit. But you can sell venomous snakes, I believe in certain places because some of those are like exotic. Yeah, Michael, now see he has a computer. Yeah, you can sell them. Yeah wow. Certain states though, Yeah, dude.
Speaker 6: It was crazy growing up though, having a rattlesnake in a cage and we would walk by it and try to strike us.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I have an airline pilot caught smuggling seventy thousand ecstasy pills. Oh okay, you wanted a party. He's been arrested after being busted smuggling ecstasy pills to an airport. The identity of the pilot has been withheld, but so to say the pilot was under the influence. He was busted by customs officials and his luggage. Police say they found fourteen packages that contained over seventy thousand ecstasy pills and another containing four grams of meth from lad Bible. Wow, that is a lot of drugs.
Speaker 3: I'm glad he wasn't flying.
Speaker 1: We are still I think we're episode five of six from the middle of it of the bombing of I started one three, I'm on three. I'm so interested in this and I think the show is pretty good itself, and if it wasn't historical, I think I maybe wouldn't care as much same, But because it's historical and it's wild, it also highlights how the FBI and the CIA don't even really work that well together. And CIA, you know, they're international, right, They're supposed to be international. They are. They're not supposed to do stuff on domestic grounds. And this is a CIA deal because it was another country. The FBI is purely domestic, but they got to be involved because that plane was supposed to be flying to America. That was the point of it. And it's only over Scotland because there were some headwinds that made the plane change directions. So all that's happening in the first episode. I'm not spoiling anything, and it's a true story and it's highlighted in this how the CIA it's like, we're not giving you information here, FBI, like we're on our own thing. Weird working for the same country, yeah, but completely different agencies. Crazy, And you're right, you would think that they would work better together, but it's not the first time I've seen that relationship reflected that way. And I have friends that work in services, I'll say that, and it's interesting out it's two completely different operations and sometimes one annoys the other and they do not work well together at all, and they have, but it's because they have different motivations. So this case, make it be solved by the FBI. At the CIA would help and give them this, but the CIA is going, I can't give you this because if we do, we've been running this operation for three years. Yeah, and it compromises what we've been doing, so we're not going to help you here. That's yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 6: I think what's crazy too when I watched this is just the you know, you know how like you watch movies and the the local cop is figuring out the crime and then FBI comes in, like we got this from here. I always thought that was in the movies. But that's a real thing. Jurisdiction is a real thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially with countries because they're fighting over it. Yeah. What has showed me was Man Scotland. They they were awesome. Yeah, and you'll see that, and they're awesome and organized and we just come in try to bully everybody out of everything because we're bigger and we're going we'll take it from here in Scotland. It's like okay, but we've and then we have to go back tell between our legs, going okay, you guys know more than we do. It's good. It's good if you want to learn about that. Also, I don't know that to be an airline and it was the biggest American airline. Yeah, it was the biggest American airline for fifty sixty years. But I don't know that in my life to be something you can fly on, because I don't know when they went bankrupt and went out. I after this, Oh I'm not there. I'm not looking anything up.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm like eight when the bombing happened.
Speaker 4: I believe because that Panem is what I associate any images you see of like First Line, where everything used to get dressed up and flights were this big event and there was so much like respect that went into it. It's like nothing like how we fly now where we show up at our pajamas and now I know, I mean.
Speaker 3: I have no idea what it was like, but I.
Speaker 1: You could smoke cigarettes on plane.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want that part, but I do.
Speaker 4: There is something even though I didn't experience it all, but this nostalgic feeling of like, oh, I bet that was really cool, kind of like when I thought that's what it's gonna be. Like when I took a train from North Carolina to DC. I romanticized it in my head because you know, I had seen images of train rides and the.
Speaker 3: Cart where you would.
Speaker 4: Go eat and no, we were on paper plates eating powdered eggs with plastic forks.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is for the birds. Like it was like step up.
Speaker 4: From the bus fair I it was. I was like, this is not and I we didn't spring for a sleeper cart.
Speaker 1: So flying in a suit feels miserable to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they would wear suits like.
Speaker 3: Every day, like not even and.
Speaker 6: It was probably really expensive to fly back then, you know, like not everyone flew.
Speaker 4: That's true, it's probably a different class.
Speaker 1: Of Well now it's really expensive to fly again, we're to everyone in suits. Yah, Okay, let's take a break. So Megan Marony is getting an American girl doll. M what it be weird if I got one of those.
Speaker 4: For Billy or yourself.
Speaker 5: Great question.
Speaker 1: One not for me to play with, but to like have as a set piece in the studio.
Speaker 4: Oh, a collector's piece art collecting the core.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I just have a lot of stuff in like the podcast studio.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well in that case, no, I don't think it's weird. Just as long as you're clarifying you're not sleeping with it at night or something. We're good.
Speaker 5: That would be so weird.
Speaker 1: Kill me. It's over, yeah, or any doll.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I mean. It's not that it's a Megan. It's just any American girl doll.
Speaker 1: So if I buy one of those, they're not going to put me on some sort of like list. I guess I have a daughter though, too. Yeah, you can always blame it on the daughter you've bought.
Speaker 4: Didn't you buy my daughter an American Girl doll? At one point, I think so you're already on the list.
Speaker 6: Oh no, they're watching you.
Speaker 1: You buying another one alert alert. That's pretty cool though, she's getting an American Girl doll. It's a big brand. And if you like an action figure, if you're a dude like Mattel makes an action figure or a Funko. Yeah, if you're like, get a Funko made or an American Girl doll. But how realistic are they? How big are they?
Speaker 4: No, they're like this big and then uh, you know you dress, They have their little outfits and.
Speaker 1: I don't know because I'm not. I just want everybody to know you're managing the list. I don't know anything about them accessories.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure you got my daughter a brush?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 5: So does she get paid like a set fee, like a million dollars to have a doll? Or is it like every doll we sell will give you five bucks. It's definitely not every doll we sell. So there'll probably be a licensing cost. Okay, so we'll give you a nickel sign a deal with us, and then there's probably some back end if I'm just guessing based on similar deals that I've done or heard about doing, And then she probably gets a back end as well, but most of it's going to come on the front. Also, are there other celebrities that have got that, Like, I mean, that's she's pretty I feel like newish to get I mean, that's huge.
Speaker 1: She's not newish. And she's also one of the bigges stars of the country music.
Speaker 5: But she's not newish, well I mean not newish, but like she's been around for what four years being a star. Like so I'm saying, like, that's pretty quick to get an American doll, right.
Speaker 1: Or a young girls not no offense, not gonna really want to Gretchen Wilson American girl doll. They're gonna want someone young as well.
Speaker 5: Okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: The am I gonna want someone that was big in the nineties. They're not gonna want to one that they like, like if you're nine, I don't know how old you are with these dolls, ten, twelve, young, Yeah, you're not gonna want an artist that's probably in their forties or fifties or was big back in the day, unless you're Dolly. I could see someone liking the Dolly onew THO would be cool, all.
Speaker 4: Right, She's in good company. Jennifer Lawrence, Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardashian, Chloe Kardashian, Taylor Swift, Emma Watson, Demi Lovado.
Speaker 3: That's just a short list.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's those are big names.
Speaker 5: That's huge.
Speaker 1: I think about buying one for the studio, but then I thought, should I buy one at all or is that weird? But I don't think they're out yet.
Speaker 3: Nope.
Speaker 4: You can order them online and then they're going to be available in store like a couple of weeks after that. So I think that online in November, in store in December.
Speaker 1: Why were you wondering about the Country Music Hall of Fame?
Speaker 6: Oh, somebody here was talking about how a few people are getting inducted in the Country Music.
Speaker 1: Hall of Fame Country Music. I think it's Radio Hall of Fay. Yeah, Radio Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: And I was like, wow, that's interesting. I wonder if at some point in our life any of us would get inducted into that. I mean, are you I understand you're probably already in there.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in the big one, no format one. I'm in the Radio Hall of Fame. Oh yeah. We are not allowed to be nominated until you've been in the format for fifteen years, and we have not been in for fifteen years. Oh damn. We got five more years though. No, how long do you think we've been here? I don't know, it's a blur. Thirteen or so? Can we hold out two more years? Because that would be cool? Hold out like keep our jobs? Yeah, let's just keep going.
Speaker 3: Little Bobby's football dreams don't come true.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm coordinator somewhere soon, what I'm worried about. So what's your question?
Speaker 6: Do you think we would ever be inducted into the Country Music Radio Hall of Fame? You for sure don't even answer that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that's not what you're asking.
Speaker 6: You're not saying, Yeah, like Amy are hushboxing me?
Speaker 1: You asking specifically about you? Yeah, and Amy and Lunchwoks. I don't know enough about that Hall of Fame if. I don't know if they do whole shows.
Speaker 6: I don't know, because like we were a big part of country music radio, Like this is what we've been doing for a long time.
Speaker 1: I feel like we should be at least considered. I don't know the answer to that, because I don't know what they do there. Okay.
Speaker 6: And do you have to be like super good at your job versus like just just longevity? Yeah, you know what I mean. Like, they don't just put anyone in the baseball Hall of Fame. You gotta be really good at baseball. So but I think we're pretty good.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, hold up, okay, Bobby, Okay, twenty years of industry experience, including a minimum of fifteen years in the country format.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not even in that. And I've never really thought about that because, yeah, I'm in the big one, and I'm not saying that in a way of like and you got in there earth youngest ever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I think that would be cool. I don't know the answer because I don't know if they do whole shows or not, because when the Radio Hall of Fame, they didn't do the whole show. They just put me in right and we all went. I don't know. Maybe if they put a whole shows in, you can do like Scooby does with the awards now, put everybody's name on it. But I think that whole.
Speaker 3: Can you say that's impacting?
Speaker 1: I think so because I think they're they're like, oh, they have eleven people on their show, why will we like put everybody? We win every time, though, it's only that's not true. Yeah, CMA, we win every time. That that's not true.
Speaker 11: When do we not win with that many times? We've won every time with it with CMA, I am.
Speaker 1: Haven't I have four?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: If you can only win every other year and we've been here twelve or thirteen years. That would mean at least six I've only been here. We're seven since twenty twenty. Yeah, yeah, I had, and there.
Speaker 4: Was COVID so like school was like, we've gone twice, we've won every time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just because you go, but you only go because you win. No, we won, yeah, no, but you only get to go.
Speaker 4: And you know, My point is, I think we've only been nominated twice since Scuba's been here, and maybe we've won both of those.
Speaker 3: In his mind, we've won every time or every time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, ACM, who shafts us? I don't think we get shafted. I think we've won so many that people are like, oh, well, we don't need to know where they're good. Let's give somebody else shots. It's Bill Belichick, it's Angelina Joliu for the hottest you know back.
Speaker 4: In the day.
Speaker 1: Do the Bulls stop winning championship? No, but they get to play for it. This is every day here. This is the subjective award that's given by people voting. They also work for other companies. True very political, Oh yeah, all that happened. I don't I don't really get affected by that. But to answer his question, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Because Hall of fame is different. That's like, yeah, the best of the best.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, you're in it man to be there. That was fun night too. That's a fun night Chicago. I'm going to host it in October. My favorite football player ever is going in and Bob Pittman, Marcio, Mark Grace, Boomers, I Mark Baseball. They said, ballplayer. He's all, yeah, I missed the Ferris is is going in for because he's been New York sports forever and Bob Pittman. So I said, yeah, of course, that's really cool. Of course, these garbage collectors recovered a lottery ticket that was in the trash. Whoa, she won a million dollar lottery but she threw the ticket away. Realized the ticket away. Garbage collectors came knowing what was up, and they just started going through the garbage trying to find it. They went through mounds of trash. They found the ticket and the ticket was still in one piece. The ticket was worth one point two million dollars. And so, by the way, it wasn't in her garbage.
Speaker 6: They took the garbage away landfill.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when they found it they called her to tell her. Oh, so question did a bunch of garbage people search for or did was she able to go to the landfill to search for it too? It says garbage collectors found the ticket after combing through mounds of trash for hours.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: My person who was the headed sanitation company, he told the Tory that's tough.
Speaker 5: Now you got to figure out how much you gotta give them?
Speaker 1: Yep, you do? You for sure? Do you probably give them five thousand each?
Speaker 6: Oh the guy that found it or the garbage collector that found it doesn't keep the money.
Speaker 1: No, they knew the ticket was there because she called and told him and they went and found it. If he found it randomly without knowing even then, yeah, you probably get it then because someone throw it away. This is a big gray area. It's not you sure. I feel like it's like she calls and goes, my ticket was in the garbage. Can I please have any help finding it? Okay, we'll send our guys out to find it. You don't send your guys out to go find a ticket. They get to keep right right.
Speaker 6: But I was watching a documentary where they were saying that the FBI rules are that once something is in the trash, can it is now public?
Speaker 1: Really yes, that is.
Speaker 4: But they went to go help her because like, you wouldn't think the same thing if she's like, oh my gosh, my wedding ring was thrown away?
Speaker 3: Can you help me find it?
Speaker 1: Oh, they get to keep it. Amy according to Eddie.
Speaker 4: Right, they they go find the wedding the great great point finders keepers.
Speaker 1: This is crazy. They found it. She got the money. There was another money one that I was so interested in. There's a guy that went to Goodwill and he bought a clock for six dollars and it's not one of those that you take in it's like, wow, it's worth ten thousand just because of the clock. It was stuff full of cash.
Speaker 5: Oh man, see that's awesome.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 5: You had to keep that money.
Speaker 1: He says. He went in and he got this clock, and then several people followed him through the store and even offered him one hundred bucks for the clock before he left without knowing why, and so he figured something was up so he wouldn't sell it to them. He opened the clock once he got on his truck because everybody was acting so weird. He discovered it was stuffed with a large amount of hidden cash. So someone put that in there and knew it was in there, and then oh crap, somebody just got the clock. We thought no one would ever get where we stuffed the cash. That's why they were following him, because otherwise, if you'd know what the clock was, he bought the clock yourself.
Speaker 5: If I don't understand why they wouldn't have got the clock.
Speaker 1: That's why, because they that was probably a hiding place for them to put money.
Speaker 5: Or was it workers that knew they money was.
Speaker 1: That's probably who it was work, But.
Speaker 5: The workers were just taking the money out before they put it on the shelf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the point. Whomever was there knew the money was in there, and it was put in there on purpose, thinking no one would ever buy this clock. The guy grabs a clock, they're going, oh crap, the clock. We're hiding the money and the guy's trying to buy. We need to go get it from him, so follow him around, offer him a hundred bucks because he's got our money clock. It's a weird story. I supposed the need to beat the crap out of him and take it because it's stuffed with cash, like it's this thick Look at my hand, that's thick of cash. I'm doing a full sea, the largest I can do with my hand.
Speaker 6: That's kind of dumb to hide money in a place wherehere, you know, somebody has a chance to pick it out and buy it. It's like I have all the places to hide things, like not an item that could be sold seems kind of dumb.
Speaker 1: Hiding in plant site. Yeah, no one's ever gonna find it if it's somewhere that they're not gonna look, and you know where they're not gonna look inside of something that's being sold at a store and so on. If it is bought, you turn.
Speaker 8: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's weird. The whole thing's weird. But yeah, that's that. What are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 4: Anything shopping with my daughter? We're going thrifting, uh clocks, not for clocks.
Speaker 3: But other things.
Speaker 4: We are going to look She is looking for a new nightstand and then some dishes, and she kind of wants everything to be a little bit different and eclectic, and.
Speaker 3: So I thought, well, great, well we'll go.
Speaker 4: There's some really great thrift stores we could look at and find like some unique pieces. That'd be great because she's moving into her apartment in a couple of weeks and she's got, she's working a lot of hours the next few weeks, so she's trying to get it all done. Like she was at my house last night, even though she was at her is staying at her dad's, but she was like packing up and trying to get some things out of the attic and walking around my house trying to collect things like hey, do you need this? Like can I have this for my apartment or and I'm like, oh, I'll keep that, but maybe we'll try to find you one. And so that's when we decided on Saturday afternoon, we're gonna when she gets off work, we're going to go hit up a few different stores and like maybe TJ Max stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Some of those thrift stores, it's not really thrift, it's just old and expensive because we go to those stores.
Speaker 4: Oh well, you're talking about like gas Lamp, that's like antique.
Speaker 1: Shopping, antique stories.
Speaker 4: I'm talking like, we're going to go to legit thrift stores because that's those are like boost I get what you're.
Speaker 1: Saying, yeah, because I'm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's more of like a market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that looks like some of it could be thrifting.
Speaker 1: And some of it is cheap, but some of it, wow, let's get this this. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like speaking up of plates and dishes and silverware and stuff. There is a silverware set at gas Lamp that I am obsessed with and I want it so much, but it's really expensive. But it's one of those things that could be in my family forever. And when I moved last my mom's silverware that I inherited from her disappeared. And I don't know I had movers. I have no idea. Maybe it got I don't know. That's the only thing that's missing. And it was in a really nice case where you know, there's felt like everything's organized, like here's all the knives, and it was in the dining room and I know when things got boxed up, and so that's just really sad because it was one of the pieces I was really that was really special to me that I got from my mom. And I mean, my sister and I didn't divide up a lot. It's like my mom had a ton of things, but there were some really key pieces and my sister and I divvied them up up as equal as we possibly could, and that was a big chunk of my equal and I don't know where they are, and I've looked and looked, kept thinking maybe they got placed somewhere in the attic, maybe you know, but ever since the move, I haven't seen them. So they had to disappear over the move. Whether it was that they were taken or just left behind or something happened, I don't know, but that's something I've had to let go. But a gas lamp. There is this silverware that I want to get, and the only way I can justify it is that it would be replacing my mom's special pieces and then they can stay in my family and then one days to share it could have it. But that silverware can get the nice old antique stuff can get pricey.
Speaker 1: You know, those people moving if they want to steal stuff, they could probably steal little expensive stuff and people won't even know until months and months later and then possibly make up stories to how they could have lost it that it wasn't even the movers, right.
Speaker 4: That's how that happened to me because I don't use that silverware often, and it was just sort of after months after I had moved in, it was like, huh, wait, where's that silverware? So then I start looking everywhere, and I'm looking in cabinets and looking and then to your point, it's exactly like that where you're like, did.
Speaker 3: It ever even make it here?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure, but you can make out some good stuff doing that.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't even know what's good silverware, Yeah, but they move it every day.
Speaker 3: So I think based on well.
Speaker 1: The felt anything on felt fine.
Speaker 4: Anything in a nice box or like a silverware box that has felt, it just feels like I have their silverware.
Speaker 3: I just keeping a drawer.
Speaker 1: Do you use the silverware like?
Speaker 4: Actually, yes, for special occasions like if I'm hosting or Thanksgiving or and that's when we would use it at my mom's. But you know, anyway, But that's what I think when I think a gas lamp, would think of all the awesome silverware they have there.
Speaker 1: Amazon is doing a deal where they're looking for I guess they know who it is. But the guy that was throwing the box on camera, Jessee, it m in the doorbell camera got im. He chunked. So it's a driver Amazon driver. So they're investigating ansident after a guy in Florida shared his doorbell cam footage of the driver who just gets out and then approaches the house and just takes it and just chunks it onto the porch and it goes boodoo and then the driver raises his hands up it takes a picture with his phone because they take to take a picture to show where it is. Just throw you don't know what's in there. Yeah, he just throws it. That's why you need a camera, lunchbox.
Speaker 5: No, I mean no, that's why the driver needs to do a better job. I mean both. You don't need a camera for that. Like, a camera doesn't solve anything. All I gotta do is say, hey, my box was damaged when I got it, and they'd be like okay.
Speaker 6: But it does solve it because if they're investigating, they have the camera and now they know who it is kind of.
Speaker 5: And they know who your driver is. I could have got damaged on the I mean yeah, the driver would get away with it and they would just give you a new one. But it's not worth it.
Speaker 1: Did you know Amazon hires people to do deliveries for them. That's not working for them. Yeah, those are the guys in the regular cars. So and that's kind of what So that's kind of what this is. So the parcel was delivered by a company, a third carrier party hired by Amazon to do deliveries, so they don't work for Amazon. Now they're like subcontract by Amazon. They have their own drivers. Then they pay other people to drop too.
Speaker 3: Because I mean, think how many deliveries they have.
Speaker 5: The hire many, hire more people. Just let them all be Amazon employee.
Speaker 1: But he's cheaper. You don't have to give them insurance. You guys, I'm telling you the person what the box just walks up and just just does that. You know.
Speaker 6: I was sitting outside my house drinking a beer, you know, watching the sun go down, and like I saw an Amazon driver pull up to my street and deliver about ten packages in thirty seconds. It was like, I don't know if he had a date or if he was late on his quota or what, but it was the fastest I'd ever seen. He had like twenty boxes. Boom boom, boom, boom, picture boom back in the truck gone.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. I hate and they drive up in a normal car because I'm thinking who's coming to my house and who's coming up to the door. And secondly, when they show up at nine thirty so late, Yeah, because who's at my house in a normal car that I don't know walking out to my door at nine thirty at night.
Speaker 6: You ever just see someone outside your door with like taking a picture of your house and you're just like.
Speaker 1: Oh, wow, I guess I've never noticed them doing right at that time. That freaked me out. Yeah, that'd be weird. And everybody has a doorbell camp, so I'm just so curious why they think they can get away with that. Just chunk in a box. There was another Mexican influencer that was shot on live stream. Another one, Yeah, so remind people at the other one.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there was.
Speaker 4: A TikTok influencer for Mexico that was dating a guy and this guy's dad is ahead of a cartel in Mexico. And the son called his dad AND's like, she broke up with me. So then they killed her on a live stream.
Speaker 3: They had her killed.
Speaker 4: They walked in, said her name, she responded, they it was her and they took care of it.
Speaker 1: This other one is there's a Mexican social media influencer who was shot and killed on Tuesday while live streaming with friends. Ius had a fast food restaurant. He had about six hundred thousand followers. Was known for comedy videos. He was streaming live outside a fast food restaurant and two people on a motorcycle, both wearing helmets, approached him, and the recording of the live stream, the driver of the motorcycle just started shooting and killed him. This it says, comes a mid persistent violence, which is in the capital of Cineloa.
Speaker 6: Sineloa Cartel. Yeah that's I mean, that's a part of Mexico.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's the town. But Sineloa Cartel are there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they can be New York Post everywhere.
Speaker 5: That video is bad.
Speaker 1: But you saw that video.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know what it was because it was just a video and I was like, oh, what is this? And it was in Spanish. I was like, well, I don't know why. And then I mean it was like a fifteen second and they showed the motorcycle drive by and then come back and boom, and I'm like, oh, come on, Like I didn't know what it was. It was just on Twitter, and I was like, I don't know, why do you find out?
Speaker 1: Why do you make funny videos about the cartel? Because I couldn't find out why either.
Speaker 5: I didn't see why I thought maybe the cartel just doesn't like influencers. I don't know, No, is it sending a message?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're never like random like that. It's usually connected somehow.
Speaker 3: There's got to be something.
Speaker 4: But yeah, they're so they're all through Mexico, but they're also in California, Texas, Arizona, Colorado.
Speaker 6: They're everywhere, well because that's located on the west side, right like wesn.
Speaker 4: Also in Washington, Michigan, or here Georgia, Ohio, Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're here. They're amongst us, and they're white guys because they're just people that work in the drug trade. Who then the cartel goes, hey, will you help us? And then they get in that way. Okay, my podcast help again, go find it with Marianna Vanzella or she I asked her that are there white guys in the cartel. She's like, find a small town in Georgia, there's a white guy there because he was just doing even in the drug business somehow else and then he got hired by a different company. It turns out the company it's a cartel. He doesn't carry just moving drugs. Cartel all through America. Yeah, they're like boots on the ground here. You guys might be in the cartel, never know I'd be driving something different, or would you not because you don't want us to know. So I did not know yesterday, and this is me being completely honest. I did not know that Lunchbox did not know he was not going to Las Vegas. That was not a reveal episode, the same way Eddie's wasn't a reveal episode the one we did before, and Lunchbox wasn't in the room because he had to leave earlier to the other episode when Eddie found out. I was just commenting on how I never fill out my travel until it's almost too late, and then sometimes I get a bad seat or a bad flight, and Eddie goes, wait, what, I didn't get any email, And then we go, oh, I don't think you got invited. So it's not that you knew that. I didn't know. The same way because when you said you talked to Scooba about it, I assume he had a talk with everybody about it. I did not know. Lunchbox did not know. So all that was real and it was not purposeful. But then you tried to find out if we were messing with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you guys like to do this thing where you guys joke and ha ha ha ha, let's see get him a reaction. And I don't know what's the truth, what's not the truth? So afterwards I called the boss and I was like.
Speaker 1: What we have?
Speaker 3: Like, how many would you call the boss boss?
Speaker 5: Not the not the headhead, but uh, you know what's name one of the girls, one of the ladies that lives out of state.
Speaker 3: Oh, Fazzio, that's got to be it.
Speaker 1: That's what you call.
Speaker 5: And I said, hey, I just want to check in on some you know, the show played a little joke on me today and said, oh, you're not going to Vegas, and they got a good reaction out of me, hilarious. I'm I'm just calling to confirm that are not confirmed? Am I fired from Vegas?
Speaker 1: Fired?
Speaker 5: And she said yeah, sorry, but you aren't going. I was like, oh, okay, so they weren't messing with me.
Speaker 1: And we're not going and we're not going. I'm surprised they didn't tell you guys too.
Speaker 6: I know, right, like I haad, just like, hey, I know everyone's planning a my going to Vegas. This is around the time of year. Heads up, you guys are not going to be going this year?
Speaker 1: Great, especially because you've gone pretty much every year for the past decade.
Speaker 5: And when you count down, like the New Year hits and you're like, okay, only this many days still Vegas. All right, here we go. Let's start gearing up for Vegas. Let's start thinking about Vegas. Let's start thinking about.
Speaker 1: Hobviers, Vegas hot years.
Speaker 5: Let's start thinking about those dice bouncing down the Green Felt you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: The place we go eat a China Poblano.
Speaker 5: Yeah, China Poblano. I mean, that's what I'm saying. Like you, you have this all in your head, you have that itinerary planned out. You invite people like, oh my gosh, we're going to Vegas. Do you guys should come, and then you just.
Speaker 1: Get fired, like you said you fired.
Speaker 6: My wife bought a ticket, see I mean she was coming refundable Hey oh yeah yeah, yeah, we'll refund it.
Speaker 1: Maybe we'll go somewhere else, or you could still go to Vegas. I mean that's that too, and not have to work, just have fun.
Speaker 5: So was there any way you get to go if a sponsor steps up and pays for my trip?
Speaker 6: So can he get online and ask for sponsors like help lunch spots, go to.
Speaker 1: Vegas, go fund me. No, I was thinking that we're not go funding him a trip to go have fun in Vegas.
Speaker 6: No, it's it's like a NASCAR driver, you know, you look for sponsors to get you to race Daytona.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 1: I think what they mean is a sponsor of the show that wants to have him come out and do some sort of work.
Speaker 3: Well, like they've done, but I believe yeah.
Speaker 1: I've done that before.
Speaker 5: Like our affiliate in Vegas if they want to, you know, fly me out and like I go to a station event or something, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you the affiliate in Vegas, also a radio station, will not fly you out because they also are saving money in every way possible.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So yeah, it was. It was a rough, rough conversation, but it was a it was a it was a revealing conversation, Like it was, Okay, what was your reveal to you? You guys weren't just like jumping out and gonna yell punked you've been punked? Ah, dang, have we.
Speaker 1: Ever jumped out from anywhere and yelled you've been punked.
Speaker 5: Well thought maybe a couple of days later, you guys might be like, I'm just we're just joking. You're going to Vegas, like and then you would say, all right, now send them the email, and I'd get the email and I had to come back and be like, man, you guys got me good, But no, you guys got me truth.
Speaker 1: Did you talk to your neighbors? Not yet.
Speaker 5: I told my wife I don't want I'm too embarrassed talk.
Speaker 1: To them because they're going with you guys. But you could still go and your wife has a ticket.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my wife has a ticket.
Speaker 1: Man, So what do you What do you need to pay for?
Speaker 5: Then I gotta do flight, hotel, all that.
Speaker 1: But that's it, not all that, just those two.
Speaker 5: Well then food.
Speaker 1: Because usually that's all covered it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, yeah you have per diem per day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys get I don't. Yes, you do.
Speaker 3: You would just have to submit as you're expensive.
Speaker 1: And I get it. If hour you, I wouldn't. I've never got a dime.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they don't give it you in your pocket.
Speaker 4: You're not submitted submitting it for reimbursement.
Speaker 1: You think they'd give you like cash when you get well that's how pretty am works. If we're touring, I give all the bandmates pretty m right.
Speaker 4: That's how you're operating more of a that's your that's how you're choosing to operate it. But as a company as a whole, like the because every single person that's working there has perdms, so they're going to walk around to however many employees it is for me, hand it.
Speaker 1: Envelope that got buy room service. I pay for it myself. Yeah we did too, But.
Speaker 4: You can get that reimbursed up to what if it's ninety eight dollars a day or whatever, depending on what state you're in.
Speaker 3: Your per diem's different.
Speaker 1: I got like thirteen years of predum come, I have me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And the bad thing is like all that stuff like last year's Vegas trip, you can't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: That's over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like ninety days.
Speaker 1: After the Yeah you have what if you can get all my perdium back lunch box, you can use it to buy you a ticket.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 1: There's work on it. Because I've never claimed anything. I will. I will submit it and they'll be like, ah, and Austin, I've never got a nickel from Austin for our country. So you you should go and claim all of that in my honor and take all the money and awesome, get your sweet by the way, that'd be great. Then that's the thing too.
Speaker 6: If we go with our families now just for fun, I mean we're staying at circus circus.
Speaker 5: Like I'm not. I'm not staying at the nice one.
Speaker 1: No, the the nice one they usually put us in. That's not gonna happen. They have like a block of rooms though, but they probably do at discount.
Speaker 5: They probably get them for free.
Speaker 1: Well they do not get them for free, but they probably have some sort of trade or it's like trade plus some money. But they're not going to get them for free free, but I would think they have advantageous prices.
Speaker 5: It's also a little bit of like the ego thing. It's like then you see people like at the tables, like, oh, man, you're here, I'm not working.
Speaker 1: Would you say anything you get to tables when you are working?
Speaker 5: Oh, or you know you see them the second day like hey, I didn't see you backstage?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man, do you nobody care because they would think you're off doing something. I mean, there's so many different little areas that you could be working.
Speaker 1: You think people are just gonna watch what you're doing all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but also I feel like if you do go, they'd probably and you pay for yourself, they'd probably put you to work.
Speaker 3: So if it's your ego, if you pay.
Speaker 1: Your way, there's no way you're going to do any work. Yeah, if you pay your way, that will not make you work.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't make you.
Speaker 4: They would they would say, hey, optional, I'm saying, if his ego is that bruised, I bet you could find something to go do that would help us work.
Speaker 5: I didn't say I wanted to work.
Speaker 1: We weren't messing with you, and I didn't know you didn't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got it. But yeah, it's a it's a true fact. Your boy has been canceled, fired, fired, not going, not a la home.
Speaker 1: Loved a little less. That's it. Thank you guys, hoping you have a wonderful weekend and we will be here Monday. We hope you're here Monday. Thanks for listening to the podcast. We've got a lot of great stuff going up this weekend on the podcast feed, So yeah, we'll see you then. Bye.
Speaker 5: Everybody.