Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Louee broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and Newi Scrugs.
Speaker 2: Here we go Friday. Everybody Cowboy Friday.
Speaker 4: Here getting ready for the home opener as the Cowboys hosts the New York Jets, battle of two teams that are both one and all.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: Here we got Barry Church, we got hex Ma Harrison, Danny's got the day off. We are in the SWBC Mortgage Podcast studios. So it's two pm North Texas time. We do not have the injury report. Brandon Cooks did not practice today. According to head coach Might McCarthy, Zach Martin did take all the snaps.
Speaker 2: So start with you.
Speaker 4: Heck, if you were in charge, you coach Heck, and then you're gonna play coach Coach Church.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 2: I'll play Orton better.
Speaker 7: Yet you you Jerry were uh G five.
Speaker 2: That's up that G five right right now?
Speaker 4: Dude with Brandon Cooks is keep playing on Sunday if it's up to you.
Speaker 2: No, no.
Speaker 5: And the thing about it is if you look at the next three opponents.
Speaker 2: So next, yeah, this one the Jets.
Speaker 5: The next game you have is is Arizona, and then after that you have New England. So these are teams that I believe if you're the Cowboys, you're gonna beat these seas and you're gonna need Brandon Cooks much later in the season, Uh, depending on the severity. And I think yesterday we said that was his m O and then we found appreciate that I'm bad Brandon.
Speaker 2: It's not what it so, man, He's just one of those guys.
Speaker 5: He is a key cog in the wheel for this offense, and you found out immediately how much he's going to open up the offense for uh, Mike McCarthy. But what that does is it gives you the usual suspects that you've been talking about all along to step up Colorado State's own Michael Gallup there.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 5: It's kind of plood like that, don't wear your sunglasses that night. But the deal is is that you know he's he's one of those guys that you've been wanting to get more out of. And this is an opportunity for him to raise his level of play. Everybody's been questioning at acl uh and I think you look for Michael Gallup, but also you look for Jaylor Tober, Jalen Tober. Everybody's been this is a proven year for him anyway, So I think for all of these guys in the wide receiver room, they have to step up. But make no mistake about it, this may be a big loss, especially going up against this defense, but I think you feel confident.
Speaker 2: With the guys that you have.
Speaker 7: Yeah, with percent on that one, you don't you don't play Cook going into week two. I mean, like you said, it's a long season. We still got a lot of games left. If it was week you know, nine ten, and this was for you know, seating or division, you know. Okay, I can understand, man, you know, push them a little bit to get in there. But the Cowboys, in my opinion, they have enough out there to go ahead and win this game without you know, Cooks out there. Now, Aaron Rodgers was out there, but this a little toss up, but this defense is gonna shut down Zach Wilson in that offense, and our offense should be able to roll against their defense, not roll, but they should be able to put up some points.
Speaker 2: I'll say that they should be able to put up some points. But you have enough.
Speaker 7: You know, without Cooks, you got the tight end rooms in there. And yes, they dropped a couple passes in that week one, but I feel like for hender Shot and maybe Screwmaker out there as well, we'll get a second chance to go out there and ball out. And like you said, this is to me more importantly, this is for Michael Gap.
Speaker 2: This is for him to go out there and look, they page the bag.
Speaker 7: So you need to be able to go out there, and if you're not one, at least be one be because that's what Cooks is considered. So this is an opportunity for him to go out there and ball out and see that you know, he can be that guy that he once was. So I wouldn't play him overall, but like I said, he never know what happens here in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Let me make sure.
Speaker 4: I say he's got MCL string, so he's Brandon Cooks with the MCL strain and he practiced off to the side.
Speaker 2: Explain to some of.
Speaker 4: Our listeners and viewers what that means in Cowboy World here. So when you say practice off to the side, that's actually a pretty decent sign because if he was just in the locker room with the trainers the entire practice, I'd be like, all right, that's you know, he's done for.
Speaker 7: But with him being on the sideline, you don't have your pads on. You might just have a helmet on. In that situation, he might have his pads on, but more than likely he just has a helmet on. And you're on the side working with Brent Brown and the bands, and I've been there plenty of times when I was injured. He goes out there and you go through a workout and it's pretty rigorous. You know, you're stressing on the things that bother you. So with that mL mcl sprain, he probably has the band tugging on him, give him added resistance when he tries to break off of that leg that that's injured right now, and they're going to see where he's at. So it's not like he was just kind of sitting there watching practice just relax. You know, he was going through the workout, seeing what the was going out there, getting those visual reps. But overall he was over there on the bands with.
Speaker 5: Brett for sure, what's the date that he actually, like absolutely will be a goal or not.
Speaker 2: When do they make that decision for him?
Speaker 7: You know, being a VET and you know he's he can probably get up there and play, you know, at the drop of a hat like that. So I would say Saturday if you see him in the walk throughs getting those first team reps and he's more than likely gonna go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And now if it was like a rookie or in that type of situation and by today he wasn't going, then I say it's a rap. Him being a VET and knowing his body, I think they'll give him until Saturday to go out there and see what he can do.
Speaker 4: When Tyler Smith didn't play against the Giants with the hamstring, they talked about being cautious and he even spoke to the media, but Okay, hey, you know we're hoping to play in a February. If that's the tact you take with your left starting guard, don't you take the same tact with Brandon Cooks. Just based on what we've seen and not having I want to make sure he keep saying this, we don't have the injury report.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that to me booms like.
Speaker 4: What you're saying leading here to hey, long year, you don't want to do this, and it's the Jets. Them dudes gonna test you to different quarterback situation on the other side of town.
Speaker 2: They got the city.
Speaker 4: So I tended to say, I think you guys are hitting on that right point, but just also going back into what we've hurt them talking, and that's sometimes the decisions as we talk on the players and I bought you about Thstino's have just Okay, these are what we what we think, but also kind of what we hear, and so the way they have gone about things here, I would say Brandon Cooks is probably not going to play against the New York Jets. It's all unofficial, just our opinions at this point in time. So let's stay right here for the past catching standpoint, who will be the first player to catch a touchdown pass for the Dallas Cowboys because it didn't happen last week.
Speaker 2: They didn't have it last week. So who you got, Man, that's a crazy question because sausage gonna be on CD, so that's you.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't pick him, Mike g Maybe the ben The's on the other side with read and then that cancels him out for the first one.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go in the tight end room too. That's up.
Speaker 5: I'm going back with my guy first. And I'm sure Dannym Craye is laughing. Going with Ferg. I'm gonna say, Ferg is gonna be the one to catch the first uh touchdown at home?
Speaker 2: All right? And you know what, you got the tight ends.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go ahead and say, did I steal tight ends from you?
Speaker 2: I must.
Speaker 7: I say I'm going a little trickeration, and I'm gonna say they're gonna get down in the red zone, maybe ten yard line, and they're gonna pull something out for turping, whether it's one of those kind of jet sweeps words and a shotgun, and he kind of pushes it to him, so it's kind of like a run, but it's technically a pass.
Speaker 2: You're trying to cut.
Speaker 7: They gotta pick one, they got pick one. But I think T's gonna get in there some type of tricker ration and he'll catch that first touchdown lamp with even with Sauce, Well.
Speaker 4: Sauce played one side, go to the other side, But ultimately, I I think what you do is you go to your playmakers are paid to make these types of catches.
Speaker 2: You want a top five salary.
Speaker 4: You want to tell me you were here justin Jefferson DeVante, then then go out here against this group.
Speaker 2: And go get it.
Speaker 5: Dumb.
Speaker 4: I was I was able to be in the ceed LAMB presser, uh yesterday, and that's what we talked about, Yes, you said wednesday.
Speaker 2: But the challenge this is this is it man?
Speaker 4: You want to go against these kind of guys and make plays and show them what you have.
Speaker 2: He did speak about Sauce. Okay, he's the tall guys.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit different when you look up there and say, Okay, this guy's as tall as me. But I think that's also the challenge. And then I'll go back into this what I watch you training to get it was a great question. They asked CD what was it like watching them have to deal with that defense that you dealt.
Speaker 2: With all camp along And he's like, yeah, told y'all.
Speaker 4: So if he's doing what he's doing against Digs, against Gilmore, go count Kelvin Joseph.
Speaker 2: Because we saw what he was doing the Kelvin Joseph.
Speaker 4: That's what the rest of the league may get that, but I am going to count on eighty eight to get out here and get to get the first one.
Speaker 2: That's me that that's it's why you wear the number.
Speaker 4: That's what you're here. You're Dak Prescott, You've been here for a number of years. Go make the connection. We saw it last night between Justin Jefferson and Kirk Cousins in terms of making the connection, and I think he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Make sure he put it across the pylon. Oh man, that's the difference. That's crazy. That was crazy.
Speaker 5: That's another one, like the rules committee gotta look at that. But that's what it's been in football for so long. It's just man, that's the touchback rule on that.
Speaker 2: Is is not insane. It is. Speaking of that.
Speaker 4: Heck, what last night's our scores. D MAC had twenty four seventeenth Philly Church. You had at thirty one twenty four. Heck you has seventeen ten. I had thirty one twenty six. The spread was seven. This is why Vegas make money, how they stay rich.
Speaker 2: That is why I don't gamble.
Speaker 4: Even though I had I was, I had the five points, I was right there, but I just had that feeling.
Speaker 2: Man, it's just too much. You said it garbage. You said, Kurt, we was gonna do something to look at me.
Speaker 4: Look he looked up four touch down, three hundred some yard me do it.
Speaker 2: Great? It was great.
Speaker 4: But but that that premise that I think we forget at times.
Speaker 2: It's the national football. It's not college football.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 4: The ten point I'm telling you right now, and the ten points scare me that that the Cowboys are getting against getting against the man. And you know this from playing for two franchises, Berry Jacksonville, being on TV and the way they were proceeding playing for the Cowboys and then being on the like how people view that this is the CBS game of the week.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get the twenties.
Speaker 4: Romo, Jim Nanz, Tracy Woolfson is here, it's Jerry World first get.
Speaker 2: People are gonna come. They ready to roll.
Speaker 4: You had some Jet fans who already looked the schedule back in the spring said hey, guys, we're gonna go down to this one.
Speaker 2: So they got tickets, They're ready to go here. You don't want to get embarrassed.
Speaker 4: I just think there's certain teams that when they're on the schedule, and I don't care whether it's the team. It's the Cowboys, it's the Steelers, it's the Patriots. You know, it's like, okay, you know they're here. Now it's the Chiefs. I just think the Jets are gonna come in here and give the Cowboys a sixty minute football game.
Speaker 2: I believe the Cowboys wins.
Speaker 4: I predicted twenty six seventeen, but I just think that's it that it's not gonna be.
Speaker 2: They're gonna lay down. I mean, man, when you got.
Speaker 4: A defense, defense travels, I just believe we're gonna I believe we're going to see a sixty minute football game.
Speaker 2: For everybody who's going.
Speaker 5: In there, I don't think you know, I feel you, and I think that you're right with the atmosphere and it's the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: It's at and T Stadium. What do you expect. It's like that all the time.
Speaker 5: It's always prime time. It's either get down or lay down. And that's what our defense is in the position of right now. They did it last week in New York. And sometimes it is what it is. And I know we get paid to dissect this and find every angle, but sometimes it is what it is, and as much as everybody's now all of a sudden trying to convert Zack Wilson into you know, try in some way, you know.
Speaker 2: Like salvageable or he's just starting all of a sudden.
Speaker 5: Now you know, Aaron Rodgers has had this four month effect on him, and now he's gonna he's gonna go out there and he's gonna channel his inner Aaron Rodgers, no dog, that carriage is gonna turn back to a pumpkin.
Speaker 2: He knows exactly who he is. This Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Dan Quinn right now can't wait to see Zach Wilson at home because his number one thing is to present pressure make him turn the ball over. As you were talking about Kirk Cousins in the Minnesota Vikings last night, I don't care what y'all saw. I'm telling you the Philadelphia Eagles in trouble. They won that game, but there's some things going on and trouble and turning the ball over. If Minnesota hadn't turned the ball over the way that they did, there was no way. Now they had every opportunity to win that game, and it's trouble brewing and phel it. I'm just saying, anyway, back to this game that were talking.
Speaker 4: About, you're not off about Philly. But at the same time, I'm not shocked by this. Do you one of the reason why I picked the win division. I think the coordinator situation matters.
Speaker 2: It's huge. You lost your two guys, all right.
Speaker 4: You know you got styke it over there out there in Indianapolis head coach Joffre Scordaty and got the other one Jonathan Ganna, who's the head coach over in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it matters. And when you.
Speaker 4: Saw aj Brown and Jalen Hurts having some discussion, knowing he missed was getting he missed him.
Speaker 2: He was wide open, but the missing he did, he did miss him. But then with what a larned me.
Speaker 7: I mean, you're gonna see that, you know, wide receiver, quarterback, you know coch You're gonna see that conflict.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've seen it here with my boy dad plenty of times.
Speaker 7: But the thing that kind of got bothered me was as soon as you see that they went to that man four straight times, back to back to back, that they didn't care what else was on g O method. So I'm like, so if he complains, that's what's gonna happen. Like you're up winning and let's just say, you gotta drain the clock out. My man's over there complaining I want the ball. You're gonna give it back to him.
Speaker 2: Four straight times? Like that was kind of concerning.
Speaker 7: I could see, you know what, I'm having them power wows and the coach and the coach gotta go there and and dissolve all of that.
Speaker 2: But you still got to stick to the game plan.
Speaker 7: You went out there and threw it to on four straight times and gave Minnesota the opportunity with the ball.
Speaker 5: I felt like that was Jaylen Hurst, Jalen Hurst, Okay, you're gonna show me. I'll tell you what we're gonna do right here. I'll come on.
Speaker 2: This is all you He did score but penalty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're right about it's not it's off okay, And in Minnesota, definitely you can't turn the football over like that.
Speaker 2: You you help, You helped give them this game.
Speaker 4: But I'm not surprised because I thought this is kind of what we would see this and justice.
Speaker 2: First off, your super loser.
Speaker 4: We see the history of what happens when you lose this game. It is hard to turn this thing around. A lot of teams miss the playoffs. I don't think they'll miss because of the way the division stack. But it's a challenge to take away these guys who are your coordinators, who are in sync with the head coach for a number of years and they're gone.
Speaker 2: And Brian Johnson, yeah, you were around, but it's still takes because it's your offense things that you want to do.
Speaker 4: Just like seeing Mike McCarthy do some different things to Kelling Moore, it's gonna take him inute here.
Speaker 2: It may take them.
Speaker 4: A month to try to find themselves. Last night was an indicator of what we thought. They weren't clean in the first game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had.
Speaker 4: Issues last night, Kirk Cousins and company gave it away. But how long does it take for them.
Speaker 2: To try and fix their thing? Right? Not any good position you do it? Oh, you're right. Heckler is right.
Speaker 4: There's issues, they're issues, and how do they fix it. That's where you're a head coach. Your leadership come in. It will see how good Nick we got these issues and they're.
Speaker 7: Winning, you know what I'm saying, Like, you know, drop a game here, and there drop a third game.
Speaker 5: But when you say, Barry last year, that same game versus Minnesota, they blow Minnesota out.
Speaker 2: They blow him out the water.
Speaker 5: And the only tie in that I have especially coming into to Sunday with the Cowboys is that they can't turn the First of all, you can't turn the ball over. And the thing about Zach Wilson to me is he's turnover prone. He's going to give you one, and so it's only amount of time. Just continue staying in your base, stick to what you do, and he's gonna get He's gonna turn the ball off.
Speaker 2: Even if you're even if let's say Dak doesn't have his great game.
Speaker 5: All right, but I believe Zach Wilson's just like last night with Kirk Cousins, He's gonna give you an opportunity to staying there.
Speaker 4: Ye stay with where hecma's going here, because we're talking about about Zach Wilson. But I want to flip it next on the other side, talking about the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And what they can't do.
Speaker 4: Heck Maharis, Barry Church, US Players, lounge our man, Danny mccraig got the day. If doing some Cowboys things will talk about exactly what the cowboy worry about yourself.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about this worry about cowboys self?
Speaker 4: Next right here an players douns on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 8: Ready, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapper.
Speaker 2: The fresh stout who looks right, that's not there. He escaped slapt He'll look for.
Speaker 8: A French down. Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 6: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here. What's Smoothie King? And Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and whoo me too? These smoothe bowls start with Usaii and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth Granola and his Savory Peanut butter Drizzle. New Smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot Com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Samirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best in together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 5: Home were away.
Speaker 6: We rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys smearing off we do game days, Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players.
Speaker 5: Loud Rally Days presented by s Geek gift NFL fans and experience of a lifetime the day prior to Dallas Cowboy home games on September sixteenth and joy activities at Miller Lighthouse. Get a behind the scenes tour of at and T Stadium and more. Visit at and t att Stadium dot com Slash Rally Days for more information and to get your tickets today.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: At Maharrison, we've got Barry Church here, former Cowboy safety I have new he scruts plays last about to you buy tostitos. Danny McCrae with the day off. D mac is uh dee mackis just doing some cowboy things. And by the way, he works for the team, So just get stuffed done, all right. Piggybacking off what you were saying the last second he of Zach Wilson turning the ball over and if you're the Cowboys defense pouncing on it, yes, agree with you.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: I come back and I look at the Cowboys and we sit out the notes what I'm worried about. And I go back and look at the Vikings their last two games here to start seeing going no to turning the football over. Dak Prescott and the Cowboys did not do that. So much has been made Dak and the interceptions that he had last year to lead the league in the NFL is this is the kind of defense that man, don't give them any help. Don't if your defense goes and does their job.
Speaker 2: Protect the football. That's what you gotta do, protect the football.
Speaker 4: And with these corners, they go try and bach it if it's checkdowns and you're sitting up here hitting Tony Polla if it's checkdowns, is Jake Ferguson, Let it be that, because I think over sixty minutes, you've got the better football team and it's about protecting the ball. Kirk Cousins had great status last night, but he also had one of those fumbles in that game.
Speaker 2: This is true.
Speaker 4: He had good to he had good stats and they put up numbers in Game one against Tampa Bay, but he threw picking on. Jimmy Johnson used to say, and I can't hit the right course, it's not about the plays you make, it's about the mistakes you don't make.
Speaker 2: And the only way I.
Speaker 4: Think the Jets can win this game run the ball effectively, get turnover from the Cowboys, get help from the Cowboys, win the kicking game, and figure out a way to speal this thing in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: So to me, that's where I'm not. I'm looking at it. Dak Pollard. Everyone the tight end ball security matters here and when they you you win the turnover battle with that defense. I will take that the Cowboys to win ninety of their games because that d is that good. And we see there's two different types of football games when this defense has a lead versus not because if you're if you got a lead, and if it's ten plus points, to me, we know what they're gonna do. Look at Daniel Jones, DA poor Dave wife.
Speaker 2: Turn TV off TV. He punched drunk right now.
Speaker 5: But that season, that season starts this Sunday. They get the first game. But you know what, I'm sorry, did you finish your boy? You know? My thing is this is when you look back at Kirk Cousins in that and that game they only ran the ball nine times. They only ran the ball nine times. So look, so I don't know how you're gonna win if you only win throw the ball. I mean, if you only run the ball nine times. He threw the ball forty four times. And I think when you look, if you turn it over to Dak, his recipe for a disaster has been when he's thrown the ball too many times. Okay, I mean to me, it's always been my thought that quarterbacks get tired during the game, not their arm, but their mind because you're trying to unlock a puzzle each play. Because this defense in front of you, you're looking at two is really three.
Speaker 2: You think it's mad, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And so I look, and I don't want to turn Dak into a bus driver by any means. They paying way too much money for that. But when you look at the game plan that they came into New York with last week, they had to modify it because of the rain, and that simplified game plan obviously allowed for the Cowboys to play with the lead with their defense and just not blow it. Just not blow the lead. Okay, So that's the look. Will we block a field goal, running back for a touchdown. Will we have a you know, run back of interception. You know, look, those things probably won't happen as far as the field goal again, knock on wood, hope it does. But if this defense is able to lock the Jets down completely, what you want Dak to do is play a very smart game plan, not to.
Speaker 2: The fact that he can't stretch it the ball.
Speaker 5: Down the field and he's just gonna dink and dunk all the way down. Look, whatever it is, just produce points, but don't turn the ball over. Ki Tony Poula's fumble he fumbled last week, but we got back on the fumble.
Speaker 2: Those things do happen in a football game.
Speaker 5: But no silly mistakes, No silly mistakes that we've seen Dak in the past throw a ball out and it's like, oh, it's everybody goes back to the forty nine to State and it was like there were there were intercens regardless of who was at fault, it fell on Dak and it looked like he was just being reckless with the ball. No, you guys pretty much hit every single point out there. When you talk about taking care of the football, it's the number one, stating in all of football, you know, you win the turnover battle. I think it's eighty five or eighty percent of the time you're gonna win that football game. So this game comes down to with two great defenses, in my opinion, and it comes down to, like you said, who's not gonna make that silly mistake, who's not going to cost their team by you know, turning over fumble, interception, whatever the case may be. But I will say this when it comes to McCarthy, it seemed like from watching the All twenty two film, and I could be completely wrong with this, or it could be because of the rain, whatever the case may be, but when Dak was dropping back, it seemed like the reads were a little bit easier. Like when you as opposed to Kellen Moore's offense out there, when Kellen Moore had his offense rolling and things were clicking, there was a lot of moving parts to it. To this one, it just seemed like it was Dak up there at the line of scrimmage, all right, a lot a lot of motion going on.
Speaker 2: Hey, my first reason.
Speaker 7: Out there, I'm gonna just go right here with it, And it seemed like it was a lot easier to read and dissect.
Speaker 2: Plus you know, the receivers and the tight ends, they were all in the same area.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: Now, it's also a small sample size with McCarthy so far this year, but it just seemed like it was a lot easier for Dak out there, and we'll see what he can do against a better defense this week.
Speaker 2: The aesthetics of it was it was a lot better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you didn't see you didn't see two receivers running into the same area.
Speaker 2: It wasn't a pick player.
Speaker 5: He needed to run behind the guy, behind the guy, you know, in front of him, all behind him.
Speaker 2: And you know I got that too.
Speaker 5: But I go back to your Jacksonville squad that had the number one defense to y'all didn't need Black Borders to do a lot.
Speaker 2: Just don't blow it. Hand it off the for net, give us a little rest one down. That's all we care about. Don't blow it.
Speaker 5: And so like Blake Borders menu didn't look like the cheesecake factory.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 2: It was. It was real.
Speaker 5: It was a modified men, you give Dak modified menu.
Speaker 2: I know they don't like to hear that because it's too much. You're paying it too much. Money.
Speaker 5: But dude, just just order from this side, all right, and you got to use the bunch. Give the brunchman, you know it's.
Speaker 2: In and out. Mean you want the cheeseburger or do you want the double double edible style of this is this nugget son here.
Speaker 4: Is this one burger, but one of two, one of two, So let me know if I'm crazy. This is my theory.
Speaker 2: And I was trying to.
Speaker 4: Tell somebody that this game may not be some thirty five point This may not be what we eventually see. This is a tough defense that the first two games, maybe the Cowboys are two and O and you're like, well, I still got some questions, and then they get on an Arizona and then you start because I just think the average fan who doesn't watch the Jets here thinks it's old school jet. They don't really understand it. It's a good defense. I just that's the feeling I get.
Speaker 2: In talking about it.
Speaker 4: They don't really they really don't know. They're not watching the AFC East, which I get. I get because you know, when you watch Cowboys use that other game that's on, it's gonna be an NFC East game kind of things.
Speaker 2: But so you're not watching the AFC East here.
Speaker 4: I just think that this may be a sixty minute football game which the Cowboys of the end win. But I think at the end of the day, you may say, because I heard a whole bunch of people man see much from dak Off, like, okay, fine, but they won right forty nothing?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: This may be another game where it's not exactly what we think they're going to be, Like they can be against some Arizona This tough team, it's tough fighting for its like even though they're one to no. I just feel like the Jets will come down here and fight for their lives. And I believe their quarterback. If the Cowboys get lead, we'll we'll do what you do. It's like Daniel don't loves what he did what he do, but you got forcing on him. But I just think that this is gonna be.
Speaker 2: A little bit of challenge you.
Speaker 7: The only thing that would would would shock because I'm with you on that as far as it's gonna be a dog fight for for the majority of it, then I feel like that second half it might run away with it.
Speaker 2: But the only thing that would cause me.
Speaker 7: Concern about this game is if the Jets were able to just run it down the Dallas Cowboys throw, then I'm like, wait a second.
Speaker 2: Week, still that's the player. Yeah, like we still we'll win the game.
Speaker 7: But it's like, wait a second, they were able to get one hundred and fifty some yards running the football. Did we not fix those mistakes from that? That's the only thing that you know would happen. Me Like, hold on, hold on me, pause a little bit.
Speaker 2: On the running war.
Speaker 5: Nine times they gonna run it, they go want that and just going going on based off of what you're saying. I mean, you have these teams out here that will try to stick to a game plan for four quarters and it's they try and pose their will. They want to get the running game going and pose their will on you. And the Dallas Cowboys right now, their reputation right now is pretty good. Hey, they're gonna stop you. They stop say kwon last week. Uh, they're gonna throw you know, they they gonna stop you. If you try and throw the ball on they're gonna pick you off. With digs and and gil Moore, they have things that they can take away.
Speaker 2: But if the NFL sees the Jets run the ball on them.
Speaker 5: Oh, brother, you can forget all the doomsday and because everybody's gonna stick to that. And I think that last year, if you go back to what Green Bay did, green Bay showed you, oh, we're just running at Michael. If we just running at him, and it started and I think it started with Philly. Philly kind of showed you like, Okay, if you just fit, play physical upfront, you run the ball at them, then that may be their achilles hell.
Speaker 2: And Bier remember when he's like absolute, the Raiders did it, and that's what I'm saying doing it.
Speaker 5: It's a copycat league and everybody's looking for that chink in your armor. And I just don't believe that the Jets right now have a game plan that they can come in and stick with that doesn't involve them being tough on defense.
Speaker 2: You were, you were?
Speaker 5: You and d Mac were just joking about how when you have a quarterback. I think it was Matt cass y'all talking about, like, hey, when you get a guy like that comes in and it's like three and out, three and out, three and out, three and out, that takes a toll on your defense. And then all of a sudden. That's when it's late in the game and it's a ben don't break ends up, the damage broke over, and then the game is over. So that's how I feel like the Cowboys win. It's just continuously putting that pressure on them defensively, getting manufacturing those three and outs, maybe a couple of turnovers, and this game should be over with it. If it's a tough game, it's because they made it tough on themselves.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, which is sometimes what they've done it. If you go back, then you start to look at the losses when the Cowboys make it tough on themselves.
Speaker 2: So they cannot do that in this football game.
Speaker 4: Let's take our final break what Mike McCarthy did at practice to try to make it tough on Michael Carson's dive into that right here on the players slapt bot you by Tostitos on Dallas Cowboys dot comedia.
Speaker 10: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars orders. Because every deal needs a playmaker, Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: A preshout who looks white. It's not there. He escaped, slap. He'll run for a punch down. Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collectionture hoodies, crews, t shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 6: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smeirenov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys.
Speaker 2: Smear enough we do game days.
Speaker 6: Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Check out the latest and greatest editions to tours at at and T Stadium and at the Star in Frisco. Meet Jerry Jones an interactive experience. Get a peek behind the curtains and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones with a with a focus on innovative fan experience.
Speaker 2: In partnership with AT and T.
Speaker 5: This interactive technology gives tour gores the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information and to book your tour, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash tours.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Heck Morrison, Hecmharison here, former Cowboys safety I'm newy scrugk Dan mc cray worked with Cowboys organization today with projects. So he is out Michael Parks's triple team at practice. Mike McCarthy's trying to make a challenge.
Speaker 2: For him, which only way to stop you there?
Speaker 4: I mean, tell me the basketball coach that came out and had had the guys holding the brooms. Yeah rooms, I mean, look, what what an ingenious thing. I'm like, I'm gonna make it if I make it tougher for you out here so you get to the game and maybe is easier. So what Mike McCarthy had to say about how Michael Parsons handle all the extra attention he's getting during game.
Speaker 2: He says, cool. I think he's handled it very well.
Speaker 4: I think he clearly understands the impact he makes on our defense, the opportunities he creates for others, he's very much in tune with that. Frankly, is just to make him feel at home. We triple teamed him today on the last play of the game segment. It's just something he's going to be dealing with the rest of his career. To me, this is where Mike McCarthy doesn't get the kind of credit for what he brings to a friend. This is a guy who's basically saying, I've coached some Hall of famers, I think you have this kind of talent, so I've got to go out of my way to get you to understand it's going to be a little bit tough. So if I can make this thing tougher for you, then what you'll see out there, you'll be able to go and excel. Because he's coached Charles Woodson, he's coaching Britt Farb, he's coaching Aaron Rodgers, he's coached some guys that Jordan Nelson was a heck of a player.
Speaker 2: He was there for him in Green Bank.
Speaker 4: So I think that's to me, that's just the genius of being able to say, all right.
Speaker 2: Man, I'll coach some dogs. But you're my dog, and I think I gotta make it tougher for you.
Speaker 4: So when you get out there, it's a little bit right that you're gonna see some stuff.
Speaker 2: Make it tough for you. I just thought that was a very good coaching point on Michael cart.
Speaker 5: If you trip a team the bazooka, then that means osa diggi zula.
Speaker 2: Everybody gonna be in the buffet line. Get to the buffet line, all right. You can come back for as many secks as you want.
Speaker 5: But teams right now, the Jets want to know where Michael is right this very second when they get here. When they get here on when they walk into AT and T Stadium on Sunday, they.
Speaker 2: Probably have hired some personnel member to find out.
Speaker 5: Where Michael Parson is. Has he made it to the stadium yet? We want to know what he had for breakfast, all right, because teams, at some point you're gonna have to figure out how to stop this guy because he's gonna disrupt a You saw it in practice in Oxnard, we could not conduct practice. Everybody talks about one pick that dacked through UH and the one of Layton Vanderresh, the one they were talking about the interception.
Speaker 2: Dude, Michael going to sack him. It wouldn't he wouldn't even got the ball off.
Speaker 5: Nobody cares to say that, but that that happened. So, I mean our offense probably, That's why CD can tell you better than anybody. Dude, we going first, the number one defense each and every week.
Speaker 2: Dog, we are about we ready to go, no doubt.
Speaker 5: We see ain't nothing nothing you can do to us because we're seeing it every day in practice.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: So look, I just feel like for a guy like McCay becton, Okay, a guy like mcat Beckton all week long is seeing eleven, he probably can't wait till eight o'clock on Sunday for it to all be over so he could worry about something else. Because an often injured tackle that's only started sixteen games and four years in the league, and you come up against this, I know, bro, you.
Speaker 2: Guys a one hundred percent right.
Speaker 7: And what impresses me a lot about McCarthy is and what he should get a lot of credit for is I mean since he's been here, he's had this team ready to go in pretty much every single game. Now, last year there was a couple of games here and there. We talked about the Houston, we talked about Indianapolis where they kind of started off slow, but eventually they ended up winning those games. And to me, he's getting the most out of each in every one of his players out there.
Speaker 2: I mean, you just see it.
Speaker 7: He develops these guys from start to finish and gets it going. I mean we saw last year when Dak went down, Cooper Rush was ready to go. As soon as that four and one, he was ready to go. So to me, I gotta get that man a lot of kudos, man, because no matter what the situation is, no matter what's going on, he's able to get those players going. And then you talk about earlier. You know, in a couple of years ago, penalties was the big thing. Man, this team just undisciplined penalties.
Speaker 2: Penalties. The very next year, that's cutting half or it was cleaned up.
Speaker 7: So, I mean, we got to get that guy a heck of a lot of credit because he's a hell of a coach here in National.
Speaker 5: Football Let me ask you this, I mean, you've covered coaches in the National Football League for a long time. Why does Mike McCarthy get disrespected by the media the way that he does. He's one of the winners winning his active coaches in the NFL. Right now, he the man has a Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: They had him at twenty one at the beginning of the season. The coach's rankings.
Speaker 5: Well, like, I mean, what is what is the reason for the Mike McCarty, What is it about him as a coach that makes people so easy to disrespect.
Speaker 4: I'm going to give you a name of a Hall of Fame head coach who, in my opinion, Mike reminds me a little bit of about the way he goes about his business, who I feel gets no.
Speaker 2: Respect for what he's done. Chuck Noll. Chuck Nole was never a guy who was a raw rock guy. You know, he was not here.
Speaker 4: You know, he wasn't the guy that the TV cameras went to. He didn't go seek it out. Chuck was about his business. Mike is a lot like Chuck, and he's from Pittsburgh. Mike's about his business. Sean Payton, who was here. Sean likes the cameras. Sean likes talking to media offline, and Bill Parcells was great at playing to the cameras, and Sean learned a lot from that. Even Mike Zimmer played that well too when he was in Minnesota, of what he learned from Bill. That's not Mike McCarthy. You know, Mike's got a dry sense of humor.
Speaker 2: You don't. He's you know, he's not a personality.
Speaker 4: Heck, and he doesn't try to play the personality card that other people do, or look at me or anything like that. He doesn't have. When you listen to his speeches, you never I mean, you tell me, have you.
Speaker 2: Ever heard one that just mean?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I'm gon run through this door. Marty shan Haiey was great at Marty was great now. He had great speeches, And that's not him. He doesn't have a hey, how about them cowboys like Jimmy Johnson. He also, and this is a key thing, we've never really seen him micd up on NFL films. That stuff matters because people really make their judgments off when they did hard knocks. Usually they love a coach and hate the coach. Mike kind of came out flat. You had no real opinion about it, which is okay, so.
Speaker 2: I got but that's a part of it right there.
Speaker 4: Heck, he's just a steady dude, even though he's got more Winston Bill Kauer of all time were wins and Tony Dungee all time. You you came into a situation where some people, well you had right far and he was already there. Oh you had Aaron Rodgers, even though you pray sempayne, who's shampagnerew? What coach is winning with bumps? Nobody but a part of that. And this is something if I were, if I were a public relations type person, I would say to my at some point in time, maybe you want to cultivate doing them.
Speaker 2: What's Jerry doing right now? You had that Netflix show you're working on.
Speaker 4: They following Jerry Bill Belichick did spend a whole year where NFL films followed him, And I think I actually heard that one of the regrets that Don Shula had was that he never did anything like that where they.
Speaker 2: Got to see the insides of him and also just what the Dolphins were.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Vince Lombardi met every one, So so I wonder about that from Mike.
Speaker 5: So you're saying, like more of a personable person, they don't find they don't like him because they don't know him.
Speaker 4: Go back to tell what Tom Pellisero did when he went to the barn when he was out of work.
Speaker 2: Mike couldn't get job. That's at first you wing out back.
Speaker 4: He couldn't didn't get job, Jets didn't want him, Browns didn't want him.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden, Palsero NFL network.
Speaker 4: They go up there to the barn. Then Peter King, he lets him go out there. He writes it for NBC. Next thing you know, he's getting interviews and he's coaching the guy. Perception matters, Carcel say, he's had the greatest line. He said, perception is reality.
Speaker 2: And it matters here.
Speaker 4: Chuck No, just wasn't a guy running to the cameras. But tell me a better teacher than Chuck Knowle. There wasn't a better teacher. Tell me a guy who had a better Just go about your business. The Steelers weren't out there, and you weren't out scheming them. I remember it was a great thing.
Speaker 2: I'd read it because I've got this great book called Their Life's Work.
Speaker 4: I can't remember the guy who wrote it on the Steelers, And as a cowboy fan, I was telling me Art of War number one.
Speaker 2: Know that enemy. So I read about the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Rocky Blyers on the sidelines, says rookie, and he's all right, got it right, And Chuck Old looks at.
Speaker 2: We don't do that here. He was Chuck's thing, No, your assignment, do your assignment.
Speaker 4: I don't need to motivate you, guys. Is professional football. My job is not to motivate.
Speaker 2: Go do your job.
Speaker 4: And they and then of course you get Joe Green. Joe Green sets the tone. Everybal's falls in line. Eventually they got the.
Speaker 2: Quarterback situation worked out.
Speaker 4: But Chuck, Chuck's been I mean Chuck was a defensive coordinator for the New York Jets, by the way, I mean for the Baltimore Colts ended up losing to the Jets. Chuck Doble been a defensive guy for a long time. I mean he knows and it was just the standard, did they say? But he never beat his chest.
Speaker 2: Some coaches like to go Ni. Nick Sirianni liked himself with the Philly He liked him. So he's seen the T shirts and.
Speaker 5: Chuck, no, don't beat Dallas. To me, that's like, that's all gimmicky. You know, when you don't have you got to come up with a gimmick. You know, it's like the bos And I mean, you gotta that's your gimmick. You know, that's you know, you know, you lacking this, so you gotta have a gimmick to come up with it. Just to me, when I look at Mike McCarthy, he's a guy that really has done He didn't have any blemishes with anything crazy that he's done to players or as a coach. All he's been like even being disrespected by Green Bay and their upper management even with bringing in.
Speaker 2: Free agents in that story.
Speaker 5: With that, but then you look around the leagues, a guy like Pete Carroll, Pete Carroll calls one of the worst players on the one yard.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even get the venom that he should get. He's won a Super Bowl, and.
Speaker 5: When people start talking about winning coaches, they revere and regard him to be one of those guys. But Mike, they never set him aside the way that they sit other Super Bowl coaches.
Speaker 4: A South go back to Pete. So Pete took over for Parcels in New England. That thing went downhill and so he's out of the game. Reinvents himself. Pete's big thing got the the sc stuff because when he went to first say canceled season, not this dude.
Speaker 2: So he got the whole Hollywood thing behind. So he go to the NFL. It's like, oh yeah, Hollywood Pete, you know.
Speaker 4: And then of course you know he had the defense and Pete likes to talk.
Speaker 2: He's the guy. He's out there clapping and these young guys.
Speaker 4: Even though it wasn't Tom Landry, but Tom Landry had the benefit of the Cowboys playing the Giants New York every year, Washington, Philadelphia. Gilbrand did one of the smartest things ever. He put the Cowboys in the major media markets, which meet on TV all the time, and so you could not turn on your TV and not.
Speaker 2: See Tom Landry and the Cowboys and Tom Landry.
Speaker 4: He wasn't yellow or scream anything like that, but he was there the Steelers when I was growing up, when I saw Steelers, I would see him on on on a couple of games.
Speaker 2: But normally because back in the day you only get I got the two channels, right, it was.
Speaker 4: The CBS because the cow back and then the Cowboys on CBS. So the Cowboy game on CBS and then the other game. Then the Cowboy game was usually four o'clock in the East, three o'clock here. And then so the earlier game, what it would usually be a NFC East game, So let's say it was the Giants taking on whoever.
Speaker 2: So you'd see like the Giant games in the can Cowboy games, so you really see the Steelers a whole lot.
Speaker 4: And then when you did see him, it was in the playoffs and so, but so you didn't see as many.
Speaker 2: Football games like that unless you lived in that area.
Speaker 4: But so, so that's how and mainly I lived in areas where it was the Cowboys, whether were living in Texas, living in Georgia, North Carolina, it was cow that was the they were a national team. The Steelers were winning, but it was still kind of regionalized in the terms of the TV markets.
Speaker 2: Tom Landry had that there.
Speaker 4: But that's a that's a great question out of a conversation with people about that. Let me do this the last thing here before we go. We're not talking about special teams. The Jets ran back a pump. David Gibson, he ran that sucker back.
Speaker 2: He is from here Woodrow Wilson High, Brown Ground.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes.
Speaker 4: And then was it Davey O'Brien went there one like they got two Highscho Trophy winners from Wilson. Yes, yes, Wilson, not Davey O'Brien. Don't Walker. I'm sorry, don't Walker. I apologize. I apologize asking new fans. So Greg zerline, by the way, three for three in field goals. Its longest was forty three yards, So Greg delay, this is an area the Cowboys must John Fossil's got to win this because if you're in the Jets, you've got to win the special teams in your defense and just a offense hold on.
Speaker 2: That's just Bones Fossil. That's what so the mojo moment.
Speaker 4: So to me, this is an area because if I'm the Jets, that's what I say. If I'm Robert Tuller, guys, we got to win this phase at the game. And if your Bones Fossil, you're that guys, we gotta win this phase of the game.
Speaker 5: Our kicker, I mean as far as kickoffs, our kicker is kicking it through the stadium, so you don't have to worry about him to getting nothing on kickoffs. We have one of the best punters in the game in Brian Anger, and I think whatever Brian Ainger is gonna do.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get him to a sign.
Speaker 5: I mean that walk off touchdown to me that that was crazy and the Buffalo obviously didn't do that homework on Hart Knox to see that this young man is a spark plug and he will take the house on him. But the tape us out just like everything else. I mean, tape's out on Colorado. Now, tape's out. We know who they are, so they got to get they gotta stop this young man.
Speaker 2: Let me the practice report just hit.
Speaker 4: Okay, we've got it right now, all right. Brandon Cooks did not practice. He's questionable in the game. Zach Martin, he was limited, questionable for the game. Tyler Smith More importantly, Tyler Smith did not practice.
Speaker 2: He is doubtful for.
Speaker 4: Donovan Wilson with the calf injury limited, doubtful for the games.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sam Williams on the.
Speaker 4: Injury report with the personal personal issue. Didn't practice, but he should be playing. Here's one guys, thank you producer Chris Being for pointing us out. Greg the leg zerline is on the injury report with a right groin. He did not practice. Offensive lineman Dwayne Brown and Mackay Becton. They were limited and practiced earlier in the week, but they were full participants today. Brice Hall with the knee, he was limited on Thursday, he was a full participant. So that is your injury report for both the teams there, guys.
Speaker 2: It'll be good. It'll be a game.
Speaker 5: And I want to say, don't walk with the Holland park Man. He can't go to Wilson. I have no idea. You got my hand speitted. I haven't, but I know that they do have. They do have too high. I think they have two high and winners. So yeah, I figure who it's a good plug. But anyway, somebody did it. Somebody somebody else.
Speaker 4: With with with uh with Tim Brown, somebody to tweet it. Tweeted to me, by the way, before we go, let's just make sure we got our Cowboy games in here and what we had on the list. So I've got Dallas winning. He gets Jets twenty six seventeen. Heck, I've got you down here twenty four to ten from yesterday, Danny McCrae thirty one to ten, Dallas, Barry Church twenty eight seven.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. Yeah, they're gonna wait, even though I picked the Jets earlier. Let's gonna go against the l on my overall. But yeah, you know what, we're gonna have to start recording your pigs.
Speaker 5: Thought when we first of them they had a ride.
Speaker 2: I was like, you man, But now now that's a rap that's done for. It's a done dotter.
Speaker 5: All right, we take us out, take us out the week creaky y'all know what time it is. And uh, you know, we got our guys, Zach Wilson coming to town and he's gonna try and do his best Aaron Rodgers impersonation. Man that he gonna have to have a whole lot of tissue in his shoes in order to be that because he were as signed six and girls and were coming after him.
Speaker 2: Cowboy nexting Home your tagaware.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club