Speaker 1: All right, We're good.
Speaker 2: You like that, Busting with the boss, hanging with the fast, betting on the game. No woman's gonna tell us what you can not be over here, just drinking beer and making nan over.
Speaker 3: Baby, I'm hanging.
Speaker 2: With the Fellers, Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 4: Bro Pladies, gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys, Episode two eighty five. I've just been told from the back of the bus, very special guest with us today. Can we get some very special guest? Let's days TJ hocketson.
Speaker 3: Baby, Let's get a round of the flat.
Speaker 4: Big out of applause, and I'd love to talk to you about Yes. The Chevy Servado Bust with the Boys is presented by Chevy. This is a Chevy truck podcast. The greatest trucks ever built, and our good friends at Chevrolet have been a big part of the Bust and family and even our personal lives. Chevy Silverado, longtime awesome partner of the show. HR is commanding and unstoppable grip, legendary capability and dependability to so find out for yourself. Like so many of our boys, head to Chevy dot com to check out all the Chevy trucks, grit and build your own Silverado for do it yourself projects, to off road road trips, off road adventures, to tailgates, whatever your thing is, it all starts with a Chevy truck TJ. It's absolute pleasure to have you on here.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I see you're cozy too. You got the lame back a little bit, just out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So tell me about these lucis because.
Speaker 4: I lock in, I know, but they're different colors fla. So yeah, you walked in on the other side and you said, I got my coffee, I got my z words all ready to go. And we said, well we do. At the same time we said whoa. And then we brought these little boys out and we said, we have this conversation the bus. These lucies, Man, you pop.
Speaker 1: On with your teeth, so you do you do? Pop them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can, don't have to. It hits you about twenty minutes down the road.
Speaker 3: Pop to those bad boys. Get some nicotine in your system. Faster, little you're right here. Well those are four they go to twelve.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, give me another one. Oh I got one, I got one.
Speaker 3: You got a whole little deal there.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 1: I like it though. They have a little trash thing on the top.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they thought of everything they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the company you're supporting right now, that's that's a big tobacco company. That's fortune five hundred.
Speaker 3: Big guys.
Speaker 4: Step on the little guys. You don't know what kind of chemicals are in those things with Lucy. The guy who started this is an astrophysicist. His dad looks into the eyes and says, listen, you're fucking your entire life of Bud.
Speaker 3: You're ruinause you went to Harvard. He's like, you're set up your Harvard degree by getting you know, a degree in what was it, astrophysiology?
Speaker 1: Nicotine?
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 4: So they end up starting this company. So this is like essentially the mom and pop shop of nicotine. Nicotine.
Speaker 3: You're supporting a small business just by putting.
Speaker 1: That in your lip right now. I do like small businesses. Yeah, that's huge.
Speaker 4: You want to talk football first, you want to talk about something else?
Speaker 1: Whatever? You guys got a right.
Speaker 4: Trump was almost assassinated two days ago, So yeah, are you Republican or Democrats? Does that they make you happy when you saw that?
Speaker 3: Or sad?
Speaker 1: I mean I think that's just a sad thing in general. I mean, no matter what side of the aisle you're on, I think you know, that's an issue in the country obviously. It's just they're so divided in any sense. And yeah, that was definitely a tough one. Are you going to play it right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That was That's a wild scene. I think there's a few different angles, right, a few different angles. It's put on the tinfoil hats, assassination attempt, inside job, or completely set up move by the Trump campaign. I think there's three. There's three, there's three layers, three layers out there, you know.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, hold on before we do that, I think we should also both give the insurance policily being like, yes, that was wrong.
Speaker 3: No one should have done that.
Speaker 4: No one should have done that.
Speaker 1: It was wrong.
Speaker 3: We need to not fight that way. It's just embarrassing that we're at that, that we've gotten to this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there hasn't been an assassination attempt since what Bush for years?
Speaker 3: Forty three years. That's crazy, I thought, But there was an assassination attempt on O. G. Bush.
Speaker 4: But I might be speaking out of my ass. I kind of saw that a tweet and I kind of took that information, kept it and didn't look into it.
Speaker 7: Twitter, Right, there's probably an a tent, but it just yeah.
Speaker 4: And there's levels of badass. And I think this is the pinnacle of badass. After getting shot, like say what you want, Repubby Demi, you do whatever you want. But when it comes to Trump and getting Graymi, getting getting grays in the side of the ear, standing up and saying I want my shoes and says wait wait and then wait wait for puts the fist up as everyone's changing at USA, and then the iconic photo of him getting going off the stage with the flag in the background.
Speaker 3: That is badass.
Speaker 1: It couldn't happen more perfectly. I mean, like, keep with everything that he led up to. I mean, that was insane, dude.
Speaker 3: And if that's an assassination attempt, if he just doesn't move, his head's dead.
Speaker 1: That's a temper shot, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yes, he's dead, I know, And there is I mean, it is fun to jump into the conspiracies of every single situation, right, do we really lent on the moon nine to eleven? Lizard people, all those types of things? What's Colorado Airport about? But This is interesting because there was a video that came out. I wonder if you can find it Stirm Daddy, But there is a video of the sniper to stage right to the left of the camera view of Trump speaking, and his scope is where his gun is point a certain direction. He looks up and then you hear the gunshots go up, and he gets back down and pulls the trigger. So that tells you he saw something suspicious going on. Anytime you see a guy you don't know with a gun on top of a roof and the gun is pulling it towards the area you're suposed to protecting, probably pull the trigger sooner rather than later. But it brings in the idea that.
Speaker 3: I think a little bit of an inside job. Do you think it was a set up by Trump? I think it was both a real assassination attempt, because you got you got, you got all the you check all the boxes, right, Like young white kid with a rifle on top of a roof like that seems what usually happens. That seems to be what usually happens. Then you got what you're explaining with the sniper being up there seeing something and getting back on his gun like the dude, people pedestrians are able to take photos of this kid, and you're saying the Secret Service or all the people that are on this job was not able to see this kid or understand what was happening. And there was another interview after the whole thing. It was this cat with like a red visory, Yes, with the fake he was trying to tell the police, and they didn't seem to do anything about it.
Speaker 1: I think there's a little bit Well there's been videos of like people filming the guy walk up the or whatever and then right, yeah, calling the local police like hey, there's a guy up there on the right. Like, I don't know how that doesn't get relayed.
Speaker 3: But we've all seen Shooter, Like what's the other what's the what's the Netflix series as well?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it called Shooter? No, there's a there was a Netflix series. It's like the president dies, so the independent was the vice president. He actually takes over for the country. Yeah, designated survivor. Yeah, good pool JP and uh, dude, these teams that are on this stuff, like you don't miss something like that at all, whatsoever in the ability Like I want to say, somebody talked about him in a press conference. One time if somebody maybe having a gun, they had him off the stage within seconds. This one, it seemed like people weren't back, like yes, some people still standing up. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just seems a little fishy to the boy.
Speaker 4: And there's that guy. There's a guy sitting behind Trump. He's like wearing a black like fedora, and he's got curly hair. And when everybody starts a duck, he doesn't move at all. And then he mouths something and people are saying he's mouthing like now you know yeah or something like that. Something crazy, something crazy, something crazy. Those are the things that I love to like wonder what this means. Yeah, that guy right there in the top left corner of that photo and he's like holding his photo and then do you see people like kind of start ducking. He just goes like this doesn't move at all.
Speaker 3: Then if you play the game of total set up job by the Trump campaign, like Trump, he's been in the WW he's been in the ring, he's beat a vincent man, Like what if he just drops the ground us some shots and he just takes a blade to his ear to me insanely genius chest move. If you're watching it from a bird's eye view, just you know, being like a commentator on.
Speaker 4: The whole thing, right, because it is. Yeah, it's a it's a horrible thing would happen. But now everyone is basically saying that there's no way this guy doesn't run.
Speaker 3: Away with it. Yeah. And what was hilarious too, is you sat back and this me this video is going around like what Joe Biden would have to do to get back in the race of Trump. And it's Vince McMahon getting in this limo and then the limo just blows up. Oh yeah, so Lucy.
Speaker 1: Breakers are great, great segue, Yeah, great, pouch to chew on.
Speaker 4: Well we didn't get a thought though. You think it's inside job and here right there, you're not gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm not. Yeah, I mean politics, Yeah, it's tough. I mean it goes either.
Speaker 3: World pretty quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt he will text you. I'm sure. No, I don't. I don't know that it was an inside job. I think it was definitely a little sketchy on how the whole thing happened, But you know, I think it is. It's it's kind of been a lead up. You know, over the last whatever twelve years since Obama gotten out of office, you know, the last three elections have kind of been a you know, they talk about it as a do or die thing, and that's like that's tough to you know, somebody's gonna take that real, you know. So, I mean it's it's it's hard to continue to the rhetoric of, oh, it's a do or die election and assume that nobody's going to do something drastic, you know, which is kind of crazy. So I think just the rhetoric in in the United States and in America, like it's an election, you know, go vote, rather than oh, this is the end of democracy or this is the end of you know, civilization if if one guy wins or the other and that goes both ways. But like it's kind of crazy, the the amount of like people are surprised now that like this happened, and it's like it is surprising and it should be surprising, but like there's been such a lead up to it. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: And it's also in the in the weird corner of it not being surprising because you know, there are people, there are people that are like, you know, wish you would.
Speaker 1: Have got shot, Oh yeah, which is crazy.
Speaker 3: There's people that wish that wish Biden would tip over, yeah before it all before the election happens, right, And I'm just saying like, I feel like those are those are things that people out in the deep dark owners of the internet talk about. I don't think that.
Speaker 4: Deep and dark, and I feel like a lot of people are like damn yeah.
Speaker 3: But nobody actively comes out and says shit like that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like when something like that happens, you'll be seeing stuff pop up on like, oh man, wish they would have wish he would have died or something like that, which is crazy. Yeah. I think we're in a unique spot too, because you really, the next time Trump speaks, obviously everybody's gonna be tuned in. But a what a spot to where it's like everybody is just denouncing all this violence and where we've gotten to and all this device on this because that's where it's been. I feel like the middle, the majority of the middle, now are you know, speaking up a little bit more just because you feel like you're shunned if you talk about one or the other. Because it's such a doe or die, You'll make it believe it's such a do or die situation. It's like this twenty year old he was twelve when Trump first got elected. It's like, wonder what's driving or what's cultivated his mind unless it's like, you know, there's the kookie inside job to where he was just kind of like the kid who was going to do it and they just took advantage of some mentally and stable cat. But if it was his own doing, he was twelve when Trump first got elected, Like, what is been going on in his mind up until that point to where he thinks he has to climb a room and try to pull a trigger on the president? The vaccine to be trying to remember that way with the.
Speaker 1: Boys, Yeah, dude, podcasts.
Speaker 3: For the Boys, by the Boy, by the Boys.
Speaker 4: I don't know, dude, the older I get. I just feel like it's there's all that deep what do they call it deep? The deep state? Deep's fucking on top of it. Today he took his alpha brain because he's.
Speaker 3: Part of cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dude, the deep state, all that stuff, it just seems realer and realer to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's other people behind the black rocks. The roths childs. Everyone's kind of running things from the background. Yeah, because how.
Speaker 4: Could how else could get so corrupt? And now there's so much more information, so many more videos being taken that they's just being found out faster, and it just so quickly goes by in the in the the media cycle of twenty four hours. I've really found myself thirty two years of age, kind of believing what people are saying, kind of believing the deep state stuff.
Speaker 3: But then you got people who are scared to even talk about it. It's like I thought, uh, was it Garrett? Was it Garrett Wilson. Oh, Sauce Gardener? Yeah, my fault, My fault, Sauce. But Sauce is he put up a couple tweets that are like real things. He almost doesn't He's trying to like learn about stuff and back, you know, why does your vote have to be deemed as something that is like, yo, you hate me now because I'm siding with let's say Trump or let's say Biden. But he wrote up a couple of tweets of like, you know, you got new people who are coming to the fold that are trying to potentially educate themselves and people are like nervous to even do so or even talk about it, because you get you get shunned immediately when you bring it up on what you might be on one side or the other. It's like it's like such a side thing, which is a bad place to begin. It's obviously resulted in an assassination attempt. Yeah, can you bring up if you just go to his timeline. I think it's the most recent ones.
Speaker 1: I like Fallen Sauce.
Speaker 3: Man, I like, yeah, I like Fallen Sauce.
Speaker 6: He did.
Speaker 3: I saw that, and I was thinking in my head, Oh no, I hope the boys don't see this.
Speaker 1: Keep going, keep going, keeps throwing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're it's right at the top. Man, is that it? Well? Okay, so so bring up that initial when he did before he quote tweeted, okay, it says in all honesty, I never voted before and am unfamiliar with politics. But I do think it's odd to judge people based on who they vote for. Maybe it's not odd, and I just don't understand because I'm not familiar with it. Somebody fill me in. I appreciate that authenticity because I do feel like a lot of especially with Newcats, coming to the fold in politics, it's like, yo, what is why are people just so on edge all the time? It says, I say this because it's no such thing as as perfect people, which means there will never be a perfect president. It'll always be things that people don't like about what a president does and things they dislike. So people could support a president based on one good thing that he or she will change in disregard the not so good things. So it's not fair to judge someone based on who they vote for, because that doesn't mean they have the same exact morales and values as the president. So I thought it was articular Will Yeah, yeah, ye shut out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's real. I mean you can't hardly even have a conversation with yeah that, like, you know, have different opinions, because then it's just like it becomes a heated match, and it's like that's not I mean, you can have a different opinion, and I can have a different opinion, but like we're still we can still be boys, you know, Like, but that's almost not a thing anymore.
Speaker 3: I find myself just leaning into more of the humor side, because you know, you're not if you're trying to have like real conversations, especially on the Internet, like they're just not going to you know, you're not going to solve anything.
Speaker 1: Then you can't win.
Speaker 3: You're not going to change anybody's mind either, right. Yeah, people are too like walled off to all that.
Speaker 4: It's crazy that like when we were kids, you just like you don't talk about religion or politics at the dinner table. And I feel like that's all it's talked about now, especially when it's an election year, It's like everyone's talking about this, that and the other.
Speaker 1: I'll destroy some families too, I mean like, yeah, destroy union people. You can't even talk about it. It's just bands.
Speaker 3: What do you got pulled up here?
Speaker 7: We got the conspiracy theory Iceberg going on over here, bringing up airport a couple of those things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always loved the Iceberg man. This Iceberg photo is always with the way we've seen the Iceberg. It's just all about your character and what you see on Sundays. Yeah, what's below it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's mirror world?
Speaker 6: That we are actually living in the mirror world, and that when we see the mirror.
Speaker 3: That and can you give JP the mic? WHOA?
Speaker 6: The mirror world is like when you go into your bathroom and you look in your reflection that what you're seeing is actually the real world and you are the mirror world. So you don't know where you exist.
Speaker 4: Hey do you see uh Neil de Grosse Tyson talk about.
Speaker 3: That's a scientist, right? Yeah, he was essentially saying.
Speaker 4: And one clip that I saw, so I could we think this out of context that it's very hard to argue that we're not in an assimilation. Very difficult. Someone's not play a game on us, and chaos is always happening. And the only time chaos stops happening is when the player playing our game goes to the bathroom or goes to sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you had anybody seen the new TV show Dark Matter?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I've heard about it though some here, but he's had like four words like yo, what about dude? A dark Matter? So you go into this black box, right, you inject yourself. You go into this black box. But it's like this unlimited universe of like doors you can go into and depending on the thoughts and feelings you have, that's what you're about to open into another world, like another another world. And so in this like somebody who was traveling with him stayed in the world and said, I'm not gonna go back in the box with you because I'm gonna start a new life here because they're in a new universe. They're in a new world, the universe they want to be right. And then toward the end of it, it's like this guy who's a great actor, he's the he, the teacher, and the warrior to where all of these same cats make it to the same world he's in, but just all the different realities that we could be potentially living in. It's a it's an awesome show. It's a good show. Sounds like a little bit of a Black Mirror. Yes, I haven't watched Black Marror. Is that where you get to choose like.
Speaker 1: The Black Mirrors?
Speaker 4: Or no, no, no, no, it's an episode, but yeah, it's episode. Each episode is a new.
Speaker 1: So you can just go through the episodes. You can start at like twenty or whatever.
Speaker 4: And it's all like different plots, different ideas, but like a lot of it is like Black Male. A lot that I've seen is like Black Male. Different universes, different theories, all kind of coming together, and it's wild way and no.
Speaker 3: Matter where you start, they both have a starting point and what you end on is like an ending to that. It's yeah, yeah, it's it's final, like there's no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like an hour and a half.
Speaker 4: Episodes and you really your mind goes into guy, yeah, they're like a little but goes back to conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are people truly this original ideas or are they being fed these ideas and being a small little hints to what's really going on in the world people.
Speaker 3: It makes me, It makes me want to throw back a couple of cans the th Yeah, for real, have some conversation. This reminds me about Jared Allen. We had Jared Allen on and we just talked like conspiracy theories, go back, quick, go back? What is uh such a good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Elysium Network was catching my brain.
Speaker 3: Elysium Network was that I don't know, I just saw it on that that next you know, Jared Allen is the fucking man though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is big into the curling.
Speaker 4: He's I think he started a company, yeah where.
Speaker 1: We did like a curling event with him, like you half yeah yeah, so him and him me George, I mean, he's like the top of it. But then George and I are kind of like putting it on social and like kind of doing a bunch of stuff with it. Okay, it's huge, it's sweet sport. I mean we're like we go to the T line over here all the time and go throw some rocks man.
Speaker 3: And you guys, it's hard.
Speaker 1: Uh it would be, it would It's not that bad. I mean, like you the first time he go is hard because like you don't quite understand like how hard to release it or how hard to push off. But like you go two three times and then you'd be solid. I mean you're an athlete, like and I coordinations. Yeah you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys like creating a little team that's gonna like travel around in the off season.
Speaker 1: Uh maybe, I mean George and I kind of go George me Rob and we we kind of go over there, and and Trent Taylor. We all have a little team and go play with the like leagues and they just fit us in every once in a while, like Wednesday nights and go over there. Try to get the tea line pretty sure.
Speaker 3: Uh, jars Bear, Jared's trying to like start a league.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is. Yeah, Yeah, he's doing.
Speaker 4: All that talked about Busted being a part of that too, get on it. Yeah, but it's hard to think about like curling from a TV standpoint, like compete with something like pickleball.
Speaker 1: It would be like like eight THEO you know what I mean, Like they have the bags and everything, Like I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I would love to commentate THEO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Bags are starting to pick up. I feel like popular. I saw the day Kwon Jones he was on a squad. He was he was hitting some.
Speaker 1: The same team.
Speaker 4: He's like one of the like the main guys in that like Las Vegas League. Yeah, because he had ustuff about doing that, and I think late last year about coming and doing that. I think we would get body bag though.
Speaker 1: Maybe those guys are insane though, like they're like block in the front, like that is an actual talent. Yeah. They have the slick and the sticky side like it goes, it goes.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know that existed till you just said that just now. Really, yeah, I thought they were both the same thing.
Speaker 3: My brother Cody, when we do our corn cornhole tournament on during the four July, he comes with his own set of bags and nobody else can play with him, No can catch them. Yeah, nobody else can play. That is a very cody with He's like competing, you know, obviously to win.
Speaker 1: He did not win this year.
Speaker 4: Oh really, no you got if you're the only guy to bring your own back to.
Speaker 3: It is over? Is that what you want to do when you're done?
Speaker 1: I don't know what I want to do. I want to curl, I mean that'll be part of it, probably, I don't know what I'll do. You play a lot of golf, curl?
Speaker 3: Have you curled since the knee injury?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, a couple months ago we were out there. Yeah. I mean it really hasn't like limited me too much in that fact, Like I'm still like a normal person. After like twelve weeks was when I could kind of start getting back into doing stuff, Like I started playing golf because it's my right knee, it's not the left, so like I'm not like torquing on it. But yeah, I mean it's kind of like a normal person. Now. How hasn't he been doing just great? Yeah? I mean we're running, doing doing a lot of changing directions stuff. Like it's honestly, I mean, you know how it is like the first like when you get injured, like your head goes into a dark place. It's like it is and like you're not really sure like what you're going to do or how you're gonna be after and then you know, like once I got to probably fifteen weeks, when like twelve, they start running, letting me run. And I got to give credit obviously to a lot of the pets up in Minnesota, like they've been incredible, like super like, hey, when you're ready is when we'll start stuff, like when you're ready to do this, And that's been perfect because it's like at twelve weeks, I wasn't on the field, you know, like I was starting to run in the pool, and then I transitioned to the alter G and then I transitioned to the field, and that was like the transition period and rather than hammering on it at twelve weeks and going to the field and like just hobbling around like it was a straight progression, and then like my confidence goes up and everything's been like a smooth transition. So there's been a lot of people helping. And now with j Hole, like it's it's like regular training, you know, like Jay's the best and he does all this stuff and cutting everything, doing doing some routes and like top of the route stuff and getting in it. And I'm only five and a half months so and Jorge and their PT Griffin, like matt Ep, like Matty Ice up in Minnesota, like Tyler up in Minnesota, those guys. It was a smooth transition because like Elatrosh did my surgery right, yeah, incredible, and then I had I was with his PT for like three weeks. Then I came down here with Griffin and Jorge worked with them for like four weeks, and then I went up to Minnesota and that was about the time I needed to start running and like lifting and like do the do the sticking and all that stuff, you know, run and stop. And then it was up there for like a couple of months. And then now coming down here and like starting to get back into the route tree with Jay and like coming out of the explosion stuff with Josh and then you know, like all that stuff is has been huge. It's been a straight transition that's been incredible. And then I'll go back up to Minnesota on Saturday and then start rolling.
Speaker 3: How's how's the how is it communication? As you like transitioned from Elatrosha's team down to here with Minnesota going back and forth, like was everybody pretty much the same page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's been like like the cool part about it is like, you know, the people of in Minnesota, like Tyler and Maddie have been really like good about hey, calling elatrosh making sure like I'm doing the right stuff out there. And then when I came down here, like Maddie came down for four or five days. That's that's my head head pt guy in Minnesota, you know. So he came down and hung out, watched what I was doing, did some corrections and stuff, and it was like super cool about everything, and you know, said some things that he wanted to put in there and implement, and then he knew where I was at, went up there. Then I went up there, and they knew exactly where I was at, like what I was doing, who you were with, and who I was with, and then they like trusted like these people down here because you know they're the best of the best. And then going up there transitioned and then coming down here again like start like obviously I'm running and doing change of direction and all that stuff. Like Maddy came down again, uh, like last week for a couple of days and hung out watched Jay Holt do his stuff, and he's like, dude, this is perfect for you, Like this is the best.
Speaker 3: Big time. That is huge.
Speaker 4: You've never heard of an NFL team trainer coming rolling somewhere for somebody to check on them.
Speaker 3: Right, Because for everybody like tuning in or listening to this, it's usually teams are very nervous when they they want you to stay with them the entire time, so the way they can oversee your rehappening exactly. So the fact that they're traveling down and getting to know the crews down here like that is big time.
Speaker 1: It's huge. It's huge. And then it like it gives them confidence for me to come down here too, you know, like if you ever have anything, like they know who you're working with, they know exactly what you're doing, and they're happy about it because, like like I said, I mean, these guys are the best, but you can only tell them that they're the best. But when they come and see it is when they I truly believe you know. Yeah, So it's incredible.
Speaker 3: You talked about that the dark Place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what, there's a lot of different variables when it comes to going to dark Place and everybody, everybody hits it yours being the last game of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because everyone left, but two more left.
Speaker 4: Sorry at the end of the season because everyone legit. I don't know if this goes through y'all said, but you think to yourself, if I'm gonna get hurt, I wanted to be early in the year so I can be ready for next year. And then once you hit like that week ten mark, You're like, just be nix and bruises at this point, we need it. Did that play into yeah a little bit, because did you think about that Detroit?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, that was the tough layers to the depression. Yeah, for sure, for sure. I mean it was one of those things you know, like it's week sixteen. I think was it when it was? And like, you know, I'm knocking on a thousand yards, like I'm right there, like having a good season, like obviously, you know, we were fighting for a playoffs at that point, like we needed to win that game, and we were, you know, on the way, and you know then that was probably my second or third target in that game. And I mean you kind of know how to just cover two stick nod like bending in the middle and then you know, I turn around catch the ball and I look and all I really see is a fat flash of blue like underneath me. And it's like, oh, you know, try to stop and I feel it. But I kind of thought I just hyper extended it, like I didn't think it was like I didn't hear pop. I didn't hear anything. And then I ran off a field, like just jogged off and shit not. And then they checked it and I was like, yeah, and so it got it got a C O M C O.
Speaker 4: Right and then impressive nonscus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing with the meniscus. But you know, like like I said, I mean I just turned my head around, went up for the ball, turned the head around and I was like, oh no, and then got off the side. They were like, yeah, I think it might be a cl but you know, like go shower, it's done. Get the Amurai and everything. So you kind of get a little bit of hope, and then finally get the news that night and it's like, man, that's that's that really sucks. But again, they did a good job because it was like the MCL I didn't need to get fixed, like I had full range of motion after it happened, and then they locked me in a brace for about a week to get the MCL to heal down. And then after that it was like, all right, we need you to get to one twenty you know, degrees to get it to bend, and it was like at one after they locked me, you know. So it's like that was kind of a big process is trying to get it in and Elatroscias are like, like I said, a really good job. I went out there like a week and a half before surgery and then his PT guys were just in there cranking on it to get it to bend and do all that, and yeah, it was it was definitely a dark places. You're like, man, I don't know what's gonna happen, Like what am I going to be? The player? I was like, you hear about it, you hear about the ACL injuries and like everything is it's a scary thing. But you know, at the point I'm at now, like I feel really comfortable about being able to come back and be the player I was and even be better, and so that's that's kind of huge for me. But yeah, like like I say, you're not walking, You're like Mikayla's my wife is rolling me around like in a wheelchair, Like.
Speaker 4: Hopefully you go from like feeling untouchable exactly to just getting up if you have to pee in the mill, and then you're like, bro, how am I going to go do this?
Speaker 1: Like can I hold it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I can't, It'll wake up exactly significant other and then.
Speaker 4: Just going from going through it like playing and having your schedule, having a routine the way it is and how intense and how like precise it is, and then it's like, hey, you're done, and now you're bedridden for however many days?
Speaker 1: Weeks?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because with a minute with him meniscus it's like you can't put weight on it for six weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're locked locked.
Speaker 4: And so then the only time you take it off is for pet and then you're sleeping with that brace on.
Speaker 3: Yea, what those six weeks?
Speaker 4: Like obviously the scaries are hitting you, the depression scaries, but like, what are you doing in the past the time you pick up a villa video game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've played a lot of cod yeah, cat a lot of chill. Yeah, I was kicking it on the video games. But yeah, I mean, like you say, I mean it was like elatrosh she went in there. He looked at it and he was when I woke up, he was like, your ministers looks great, Like looks perfect.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: We just had to fix them of the A c L. The MCL had a stopping point, so we were good. There. He's like he should be good. So like that was the best part, Like you said, I was. I was nervous that I was going to get locked in the brace and I was gonna be screwed. But like right away they're bending it, They're doing everything again, trying to get the range of motion back. I'm on a bike. Like so in about two weeks, like it was, it was braces on, but I'm walking, you know. And then three weeks break was off and now I'm walking, and so it was kind of like a smooth transition after that. But yeah, like I said, I can imagine like being locked in the brace for yeah, six weeks to.
Speaker 3: Give you that little machine where you like put your foot in it like moves it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I dread really, Oh my gosh, did you liked it?
Speaker 4: It's not that I liked it, but like my brain would be like, you're getting better, just by.
Speaker 1: Laying yeah, like it was like ten degrees every day. They told me ten degrees every day. So like I started at like sixty or seventy degrees, it's easy, and then it's easy, and then you go eighty, then you go ninety, and then like you know, six days in, you're at like one twenty and I'm like, this is like.
Speaker 3: Your first two I might really be Wolverine.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm superhuman. Like the first two suck, and then you start to get warmed up and you're like, all right, I can do this for how want.
Speaker 3: How hard has it been to stay patient? Because obviously as athletes, we all place like expectations on ourselves to get back by a certain timeline. How hard has it been for you to like stay patient without the process and kind of trust what everybody else is telling you, like going, I'm in the training camp. I'm sure again in your mind you have some time that you would like to be back or outdo those expectations one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You know. I think they have done a really good job by like being like, hey, like I'm not gonna let you do this, you know, because I'm I told them right at the beginning when I did it, and after I got the surgery, I was like, you're gonna have to stop me, because like I'm a person that likes to push the limits and like I want to do things, and I'll do it and I'll say it doesn't really bother me, even though it probably did a little bit. And so they they've been really good about being like, hey, you can't do this, you know, and like now I'm at the point where I can almost do everything. I mean, the only thing right now that's kind of limiting to me is I can't run fifteen yards and then cut right off of it, Like that's just still dangerous. I could probably do it. But like they're like, like I said, I'm only five and a half months out, so I got time. You know. It'll be like I think these guys are really smart about the timeline, you know, because like biology is biology, and you come back seven months, there's like a twenty five percent risk of injury eight months, like fifteen, you come back after nine, it's like less than five, you know. So it's like I think they're they're going to be really smart with how they do it and how they transition, and they have a lot of science and a lot of like you know, measurements where they can measure my left to my right now and so that's huge. But yeah, I mean it like I'm I'm fortunate enough that I'm in the time I am with with medicine and like like how everything is and PT and the progression of everything. Because if this happened, you know, ten or fifteen years ago, you know, you talk to guys and they're like, yeah, my knee still screwed up. But like, like I said, I'm only at five and a half, and it's starting to feel like like it was again, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you don't have any of that no pain nothing.
Speaker 1: I haven't really had the pain. I mean, like yeah, like I'll do a little shock wave if I get something, but then it's gone. So I haven't really had the like crazy pain in it. So that's been huge. But yeah, I mean I, like I said, I've been I've been kind of fortunate enough because it's kind of been like a smooth progression and I haven't had a day where like obviously knock on wood, but like I haven't had a day where I'm like, oh shit, this is worse today than it was yesterday. Like I'm I've been a smooth progression up and that's been huge.
Speaker 4: It's it's awesome to have a doctor like Elatrosh who has like this like almost like too confident, like cocky about the star. But this the poison which he comes in. Let's say he floats into the room and the way he speaks to you, like this is the guy I definitely want to do my surgery. And then his team as well, I thought when I spent a couple of weeks there, I thought they were absolutely.
Speaker 1: Incredible, amazing, unreal. And it was great too because like you know, I again, I was at one twenty and then I went I went in for surgery like three days or four days. It might have been five days before I actually had it. Like I went in the day before like that day was gonna have surgery. They shaved my leg, they like give me everything. They put me on, hooked me up to an IV. Elatrosh comes in and he's like he bends my knee. He's like, nope, not there yet. I go home, like what do you what do you say?
Speaker 4: Not there yet?
Speaker 1: For like because I wasn't at one twenty, like I was at like one fifteen or one eighteen. He's like, nope, not there yet. So he's like, oh okay. So he sent me home and then I went to the PT like an hour later. They were cranking on it, and then I got to one twenty that day, and then five days later I was at like one thirty, you know. So he was like, good thing. We waited, and then five days later I went and got it and he's like, this is gonna be perfect, Like you don't have to worry about anything. It's like the surgery went absolutely incredible, Like couldn't have gone any better, you know. I'm like, all right, let's go. Yeah, like let's go, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The uh the only thing that makes you feel any bit better is what.
Speaker 3: Will buying some tickets to game Time? Did you know that you can get tickets to any baseball game, any concert that you'd like to be at.
Speaker 1: That's right, any game, any game, any concert.
Speaker 3: Yes, and thanks to game Time, the official ticketing partner of Barstool Sports, you shouldn't have to worry when you buy your tickets to your next big event. Game Time is the fast and easy way to buy tickets to all the sports, music, comedy, and theater events near you. They have get this TJ flash deals for sudden discount zone deals for when you're feeling flexible, and their lowest price guarantee, which means that if you can find the same seats for less anywhere else, game Time will credit you not the full price, but a one hundred or one percent difference. Game Time is the best place for a last minute seats with up to sixty percent off your favorite events. What are you waiting for, TJ? Go buy those tickets that you've been waiting to the post Malone concert that's coming up in October. Take the guests work, take the guesswork out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, create an account and use code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase.
Speaker 1: Terms apply.
Speaker 3: Download the game Time app today. Last minute ticket's lowest price is guaranteed.
Speaker 4: And with that, great job, I was gonna pivot back into it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was gonna say. And with that TJ. Obviously the boys we don't play anymore. We're a little washed up, but we are, as you know, with bustle with the boys. We gotta be a voice of the people. So let's just say we're into different hobbies. Let's call it fantasy football. Would you advise us to put you on our on our draft board? Are we looking waiver wire? Let's say London game week five.
Speaker 4: Week six?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You have to call it Roger. I don't know if I'll get in trouble for any inside information? What a way to try? Like?
Speaker 3: He should we put you on the day one board of More and Taylor House drafted for fantasy football?
Speaker 1: Or we look in Hey, your name is going to be up there?
Speaker 4: Just how far down the list is it on there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's for you to decide.
Speaker 4: Late round guy, Late round guy is still drafted. Got to because you see the articles coming out they say you're what return week.
Speaker 1: Five going to London?
Speaker 3: And you see he guys playing in London. Have you played in London before?
Speaker 1: I haven't.
Speaker 3: No, There's that be a little bit of excitement there. Yeah, either excitement or hey, thank god, I might not have to go to London because can I tell you something.
Speaker 4: It's a great experience, but it does suck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it depends how you do it.
Speaker 1: You guys, are I think we're doing there thing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeahs' central you're probably gonna go out flother on Thursday back after the game.
Speaker 4: I think, so that is the best I think the best way to do it as far as like you just shocked the body, because you're supposed to sleep all the way there and on the way back you stay up all night, which is a nice little deal because you basically land back. Yeah, you land back in Minnesota, like I think in the morning or at night or something like that. It's pivots in a way where you can go to sleep when you land back in the in the United States.
Speaker 3: Or you can go to sleep when you land back. Yeah you might. On the way there, you throw yourself a little ambient in knock out for about seven hours and yeah, it's hit the ground running.
Speaker 1: You got to make specially that work.
Speaker 3: Ambient. Yeah it works. It's doesn't. Yeah I did it for our first London game from Washington. Yeah, I think it doesn't. It doesn't. It doesn't work. Like it doesn't work that well because you're just you're all fucked up anyway, you know what I mean. Like, before you travel on the plane, you have the rookies or the guys go get whatever it is, let's say, pop bellies, and you're eating that as your meal before you get on the plane. You're trying to fall asleep. You can't necessarily fall asleep because it's truly right after practice and then when you got to make the meetings right when you get there, like it's it's abysmal.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: The positive is coaches usually pretty good and you only do like a helmet's only practice, like a walk through style just to get and let's just get under us, like just put your focus into this. Boys, we know this sucks. The food there's not that fucking good. It's brutal.
Speaker 1: Look at that photo right there.
Speaker 3: That's all You'll get their eggs over there, like the hotel, the hotels that I've been at over there. It's like when they cater the food in the morning, make the food in the morning. The eggs taste different. It's just not that.
Speaker 1: Because eggs that you get it most so soupy eggs. Dude, why do we do that?
Speaker 3: They'll do they'll like have those leggs sitting out. I don't what do you even call those? They'll car boiled kind of.
Speaker 4: A soft coached egg. Don't have the shell on it, do they?
Speaker 3: The bacon, and the bacon's real thin, real thin and floppy, not very appetite, a lot of ass behind them. But a London is where.
Speaker 4: Four point five started by Corey eleven. We get on the way there, they give us sandwiches and Corey goes not a whole lot of ass behind this. They were like, oh, rate it for us, Corey, and he literally described it and then just said four point five. And that's truly how four point five was established.
Speaker 1: You I don't even know you know.
Speaker 3: A lot of people. I know you've seen this, but a lot of people think it's Shane's been.
Speaker 4: I know, because of the US something's burning. That is truly, that's actually Corey Levin. Yeah, I was gonna give us the credit. That's Corey eleven joke. Four point four point five is a rating system that we do, but we never do four point five out of blah. We just give a description and at the NCA four point five and the whole rating system is based on the description you get.
Speaker 3: So if I were to say it should be out of ten, or could be the best four point five you've ever heard, or the worst point But we.
Speaker 4: Know, we know in life nothing's perfect. That's why it's always a four point five, even.
Speaker 1: A four point six, that's wisdom.
Speaker 4: It is always always a little piece better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did our wedding and wai like three weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Congratulations on that. Congratulations on that.
Speaker 1: That. That time change coming back kicked my as five hours like behind. Then I had to do a photo shoot the next day, suck shoot for the Yeah your wife oh talking yeah yeah yeah, like something cool, yeah, something cool. Yeah, it's unreal, unreal.
Speaker 3: How is your how is your game? In the proposal?
Speaker 1: It was good. It was super chill, like we're we're kind of like, uh, we're two people that are small town people obviously, and it's not like a big ordeal, you know, like what you do, tell us all. She's a she's a big horse person. So like we did it at her mom. Her mom's got some land out in eastern Tennessee. And yeah, there you go, she got some land out in eastern Tennessee. So we did a little horseback ride. And then after uh, we were out in the middle of the field or whatever, and I got down and she got down, and we we hung out for a second, and.
Speaker 4: Then you know, we were in the fields and I asked her bro talk about how nervous.
Speaker 1: You work to insanely everybody. I was not nervous, even like on the on the like horse ride, it wasn't nervous at all. And then when we got on our feet on the ground, I was like shaking.
Speaker 3: Take the decision.
Speaker 4: You're like, this is gonna be the person, and you feel so good about once the ring like.
Speaker 3: You know, the you in your hand, you're legit, Like, oh my god, what am I doing. It's the scariest thing ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: How did you ask do you have a nice little do you write a little something out or did you say, hey, listen, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Honestly, I kind of blocked out so she could tell you a little better. I mean, she says, I I just said I love you, right, I don't know.
Speaker 3: She crying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, were you crying? Yeah? No, I wasn't then, but at the wedding I had some tears coming out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, did you guys do the whole like don't see each other day of the wedding thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no we didn't. She didn't sleep and like in the same room with me the night before. Traditional going to heaven for sure, that's the plan. Man, thanks, thank the Lord of Both. No, it's it's been fun. It was an incredible experience. We were out there for a week with just both of our families and a couple of like real close friends and just thirty people and did boat rides, like play golf, chilled out. It was good.
Speaker 4: Super intimate is a beautiful destination.
Speaker 3: He'll give you some crystal piece for the wedding ring to sit on.
Speaker 1: No he so Neil got us meat from like as a wedding gift. Yeah, like hell yeah yeah Wagoo be sorry and from where do you know where? I don't remember where he sent it from, but it's incredible.
Speaker 3: Like, dude, he was on for like an hour one day. I think JP you were in the car. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Diamond j Wagoo from because he like, you know, he just probes you on Costco and fucking yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah but this has nothing on Costco, Like this is the best Costco.
Speaker 3: No, he loves Costco. You get the King crab legs. That's what he just talks about it. He'd be hard fought to find a person that doesn't enjoy Costco. Yeah, he's big on Costco.
Speaker 4: You brought it that you and your wife are both from like small towns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get it.
Speaker 4: How much of a culture shock was it for you when you got in the NFL all this money, people wearing jewelry, driving Rolls Royces around, coming from a small town.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I try not to get caught up in that fact, but yeah, it was nuts. I mean when you go and like obviously from a small town, you know like who you're talking to, you know, But then when you go to a big city and they know you but you don't know them, it's a little weird, you know, like yeah, hey TJ. Her you know, and you're like hey, man, like what's going on? Like how are you? What's your name? You know, that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: You get stuck in the awkward like am I supposed to know this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, that's kind of what it was. And no, but like the whole Rolls Royce like all that kind of stuff, like I've never gotten to I've never been like a intangible person, like I don't need certain things to feel you know, successful.
Speaker 3: I guess did you ever felt like, uh, kind of like you should.
Speaker 4: Maybe get something because you're in the NFL. Did you ever feel like you see all the people, you see these ten year vets with all these things, you.
Speaker 1: Know he's gotten part of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no question.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there is that small town cat and you that's like, I'm always going to be a small town cat.
Speaker 3: I'm always gonna be a bond Teran Missouri, a Cap Creek Arizona dude.
Speaker 4: And then you get to the league and you see these guys rocking, you know, and then you're like, maybe.
Speaker 3: I should get something for myself.
Speaker 4: And there's always that like you got character, but there's always a little bit of a deal where you're like should I be doing this though?
Speaker 1: You know, I get that a lot. Yeah, like a little demon on this shoulder, and then like chirping my ear.
Speaker 3: And then you get something nice. You're like, I won't know. My boys would say back home, you're driving this.
Speaker 1: Now you've changed, You've changed. That's the worst. Yes, that really gets you in your head.
Speaker 3: It really does, ma'am off that what has been your biggest purchase because you signed a nice, little hefty deal not too long ago.
Speaker 1: Biggest purchase so far?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like something that you've been like all right, I'm gonna splurt it now with myself.
Speaker 1: I got some land. I got some land.
Speaker 3: You got some land.
Speaker 1: We're I got some land in Iowa. Uh, one hundred and fifty Acres's.
Speaker 3: I feel like Brandon Sheriff did the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well I'm looking for some down here. But it's insane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got one hundred and fifty acres in Iowa. Okay, after you spent that forty seven dollars, would.
Speaker 1: You get.
Speaker 3: Crazy? Oh? Great deal?
Speaker 4: How much that costs one hundred and fifty acres? Three hundred thousand? No, come on, you're right way less?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: What's dude?
Speaker 1: People love hunting in Iowa, Like it's straight hunting land. So like, but what's the real estate out there? Like a parakre?
Speaker 3: Uh? Because it was like one to five thousand.
Speaker 1: It's probably like ten eight to ten in where I was looking, because it's like like I said, it's like the best hunting land that you can get, you know. So, so you got.
Speaker 3: Some stands out there, you got a camp set.
Speaker 1: Up, some stands, some cams, Like I mean, the I think the state record at least don't quote me on this, but this is what I was told the state record. Yeah, of course the state record was probably like fifty. You're twenty miles away from my land. That was a buck.
Speaker 4: So yeah, dude, hunting is such a thing that I want to be into so bad fun I want to be that guy. Yeah no, I just I just I don't think I've had enough access. And we went and did uh.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, you kind of thing. I got to get you on that trip too. Yeah. Yeah. But like I have a bunch of boys that always like, you should come hunting with me.
Speaker 1: You should. I just don't and I should.
Speaker 4: But when I when I do go, I think to myself, it'd be great to do this more. But then I get by myself again. I'm like, where do I fucking start? Yeah, I can buy the gun, but after that it's like I'm just gonna walk around and was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're supposed to sit here for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh bro, yeah you can go down a rabbit hole for sure.
Speaker 4: It's just a crazy world. I just feel I'm so far behind now. It's hard from again too, because you get around the meat eater guys like uh, Steve and them, and they're just encyclopedias when it comes to hunting. This that and the other of all the things you can do, and it's like, man, do I really want to dive into this world?
Speaker 1: And I don't know all that, Like I'm not on that love people like, yeah, I can do that for a turkey, Yeah, like I can, I can do all that, But I mean I don't know a lot of that stuff. Like I'd love to go hunting in Alaska, like they talk about like el hunting, moose, hunting, bear grizzly.
Speaker 3: I think bears move.
Speaker 1: That'd be so sick. There was a buddy of mine that was like he was following this bear for a long time and like five or six miles and they were tracking it and then the bear they turned around and the bear was tracking that. Oh shit, and.
Speaker 3: So like a Mexican standoff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that's that's scary, Like you'd have to have a guide for that. But yeah, I think that would be sick.
Speaker 4: Like this is how green I am. Like I was in Canada camping with my family for twelve out of fourteen days, and legit, every morning I woke up, I was kind of nervous. So when my wife come with me outside, so they'd be like bears and coockars everywhere.
Speaker 3: Didn't see either.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I just think to myself, these motherfuckers are out here, right.
Speaker 3: They're out there doing their thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My brothers like big into like going to Colorado and like camping. He's got a jeep that's like all set up. He's got a rooftop ten all that, and he'll go out and he's like lights a campfire and then he finds like a little wooded area and he's got his dog. But his dog will like just growl into the woods like around him, and like he'll hear like cracking and stuff, and he's just like you can't think about it, you know, you can't think about it. But like he's also got it, you know, a gun on his hip and everything. But like that, that's that's scary. Yeah, being out there by yourself. No one around anywhere.
Speaker 3: Get a gun. They don't really do the whole gun thing up there.
Speaker 4: You do handhand combat with a bear.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I would feel so much safer I had like a give me even a twenty two something.
Speaker 3: I can just crack off. Hey, you know, give me a pela gun. Just get yeah something man. But it is kind of scary.
Speaker 4: It's so funny seeing like my wife and her mom and they're just like, yeah, it'll be fine, it's fine. I'm thinking myself, Bro, it's not because.
Speaker 3: I'm we are not fine.
Speaker 4: We're not fine because I'm thinking, if something does happen, I've got to be the one to sacrifice myself, the whole women and children. First thing, the Titanic, I'm the only guy out there, and they're saying it's gonna be fine, yeah, because I have to die, right, you know, I'm the first sacrificial lamp. And I'm just I don't know if I'm man enough to do it.
Speaker 1: Brother, Like a pack of wolves would see, I don't think so, man, what do you have? Like a pack of wolves? Like pack of wolves would be crippling, That's what I mean. Like I would rather see a grizzly than a pack of wolves.
Speaker 3: I don't know, dude, seeing you know, you would piss down your legs. But if you were in a pack of wolves out but one dogs.
Speaker 4: You see a bunch of wolves, you see a bunch of wolves, it's like all right, Like you know she's not gonna go your way, But there's a in my mind, you're gonna take one of those fuckers out first, or at least get a couple of punches. You see a big like, there's a bear, there's a video yourself a bear like rummaging through and photos, gonna.
Speaker 3: Take them and if you got something to grab the mic man well and then by the way, if it is one wolf like you like your chances, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: But you're talking, you're talking a pack of wolves like they're chirping from each angle, Like you're like like, like which one's coming out?
Speaker 4: But part of me is like, if I just see one, I'll start fighting this one. Then eventually I'm gonna get tuck.
Speaker 3: But like you see a bit, like you see that motherfucker right there just looking at you. That is so much scary. Bears to me, I would be scariest.
Speaker 4: And in Canada, people in Canada are like, oh, you don't know about bears. You know about cougars because you don't see until they got you.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, oh my god, you had something.
Speaker 3: Look at this dude pulled the pistol out. Of course you filled in.
Speaker 6: You you checked yourself. When we were having an argument about would you rather fight a giraffe or a wolf wolf.
Speaker 1: A giraffe or wolf. Yeah, one giraffe is like stopping that thing.
Speaker 3: Everybody was unanimous except for JP.
Speaker 1: What and look at this one on one?
Speaker 3: Look at that.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're getting as low as you are though, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But you're getting stomped now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was at the I was at the Nashville Zoo and I was feeding, like lettuce exactly there came out his face is here, and then he stuck his Their tongues are this long.
Speaker 3: They got that little confidence quickly, definitely, But dude, yeah, and they got them.
Speaker 4: They got the horns on top of put that thing on you wolves. To me, I was just a that's a.
Speaker 3: Dog, dude.
Speaker 1: They're bigger than I know.
Speaker 4: They're like one hundred and forty five pounds.
Speaker 3: But I'm telling you, bro.
Speaker 1: I there's a pack of wolf taking Titan.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've all seen the gray, right.
Speaker 4: I have not seen the Gray grow, but I've seen I've seen this scene where he's like breaking the bottles, taping his hands and then he sees them on.
Speaker 3: I've seen that scene.
Speaker 4: On Instagram, which is like, yeah, that's crazy. See that's a whole bunch of boys working together.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Let let let JP get some words in.
Speaker 6: Oh no, have you seen Lord of the Rings?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, when I was like legless and them are taking down mammots, and a man with this would be a whole lot tougher to take down and than a giraffe.
Speaker 3: It's a fictional situation.
Speaker 4: Bro, A draft is fucking you. First off, to get to any main artery, you got to climb up a damn tree to get that there.
Speaker 6: They're not even killers who giraffes.
Speaker 3: They'll kill your ask no question.
Speaker 6: We'll see your giraffe out there. Listening to the show.
Speaker 1: This is the.
Speaker 4: Clip, This is the Clipper talking about that. It's realistic.
Speaker 3: You are a crazy person, the most insane shit ever.
Speaker 1: Bro, what are you talking?
Speaker 3: This dude climbing up a thirty story elist.
Speaker 1: Of this dude?
Speaker 6: It's Orlando Bloom Bro, Yeah, who's he playing?
Speaker 4: I went and saw the first Lord of the Rings with my grandmother when I was like eleven years old, and the one with the guy, the one of the main dudes is like hiding behind a tree and these dudes on black horses are chasing them. O. Look at My grandma was like, we gotta get.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 3: It was too scary for me.
Speaker 6: You're gimli.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna take that as an insult. I guess don't laugh like that. Man, you can't laugh at jokes.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you gotta take down a.
Speaker 1: Wolf man, a singular wolf that's.
Speaker 4: Not a single wolf for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean we're gonna lose to sing a single wolf, but all right, we have better chances easier.
Speaker 6: Death against the giraffage STOMPSI you're done. Wolf might tear your arm apart, might get your foot, Yeah, and you just suffered.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, you think you're taking down an alpha wolf.
Speaker 4: I think I'm taking down like a mother wolf. No, like a like a baby, an old wolf or a baby wolf. Oh yeah, an older one, like one that's been in the block for a minute.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there, you know what you can do, dude, with wolves. Wolves have great hair, and you can't too with keeps.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Bust of the Boys is sponsored by Keeps. Keeps helps men reclaim their identity. If your hair has always been been a part of who you are and it's something you want to keep around, Keeps can help hair or no hair or no hair. We think you should be the one to decide.
Speaker 3: Keep those cool.
Speaker 4: Please keep the look you are proud to see in the me. With a full suite of products designed the regro hair maintain your hairline or help you cover bald spots, Keeps helps you find the exact products shooted for your hair loss needs. Keeps offers both of the FDA approved hair loss treatment options, as well as two in one treatment that combines both treatments, called to action called the action, called the action called to Action. Thanks to KEEPS for sponsoring this podcast. Yeah, thank you for that.
Speaker 3: Guys, hair loss stops with KEEPS for a special offer. Yeah.
Speaker 4: To get started, go to Keeps dot com Forward slash busting that's k e e ps dot com slash bustin b U S S I N. Results may vary, not offered in every state. Medications prescribed only if clinically appropriate consultation required.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll do the rest of them for this episode. No, no, hey, I will say something I say. Can I admit it? Can I admit something? I've started the Keeps process on what my corners? Do you see the light corners that that are happening? You see I've started like putting the dripper, the dripper on it. Yeah, yeah, nice little bit.
Speaker 4: I think at this stage of the game, for like hair loss, for a hair loss or we like retrieving your hair, it's no longer a taboo deal.
Speaker 3: Like you play in the NFL for nine years? Do you did good for you?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I shouldn't be embarrassed.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I started doing keeps, started doing keep record.
Speaker 4: I was on the phone with somebody that we know I will not say on this on the show right now, who was like, dude, I'm gonna do I'm gonna get hair transplants. I was like, you should just run that and just just do it and be proud of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. I think the problem is though I don't know which parts of my head I'm going to parts of my hair I'm going to lose. So I feel like if I fix like the corners right now, what if something came later on go back?
Speaker 4: You just go back. It's gonna be the the sooner you do it, the change is gonna be. Yeah, because they just take the little back part, they take this part right here and they just put it up here and.
Speaker 1: You can do.
Speaker 3: Let's see you in a couple of months from now. I think Keep's gonna get me right.
Speaker 4: I think you should go to Turkey after Keeps. I mean, keep his gonna save your ass.
Speaker 1: But what's in Turkey?
Speaker 4: That's where like people go to their hair transplants. Oh really, yeah, they actually have like a crazy medical system up there. But I've got a little wormhole with those things. But there's like a bunch of like videos of people flying back from Turkey and they all got like the could a sack with the bandages on top, because that's like it's like cheap and like well done. There's wild getting get off, get out.
Speaker 3: Dude, Kurt got his hair done, and I don't think it's like a known thing. Oh well now you know, yeah, well now I think i've I think I've said it a couple of times on.
Speaker 1: The pod before.
Speaker 4: Let's hope for his sake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got to see him like the day after. His face was all puffy and so one. I was trying to get a photo. He wouldn't let me take a photo.
Speaker 4: It's like you with your little gibilet teeth. I can't get that photo. I know I showed you though you showed me, but I want the photo.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 3: I would never post it unless yeah, yeah he did, he said.
Speaker 4: He showed me a little photo of him because he had, like you had the tempts or before they put the tempts on.
Speaker 3: I put the Yeah, they shaved it down and then I got the tempts. So I was at your wedding with the tempts in. And then a couple of weeks later they get the you know, the moldings, and everybody has.
Speaker 1: The things them just the top, just the top eight, because they were like based on the way I talk and smile and everything else. You only see my top ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would show my bottom ones, but they're a little off tonne and attle off color. They gave me some whitening to do to match it, and I just never.
Speaker 1: Got to it. Never got to it.
Speaker 3: Busy, busy, I'm busy. I got the hit out hair that you got down here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, speaking of you get ts pre check yet.
Speaker 1: JP.
Speaker 4: We were in and I was essentially a lecturing JP on you need to get it, and he said, I'm gonna do it on Monday. That was two weeks ago. It was two Mondays, Monday, though today's Monday.
Speaker 3: But you're not, you challenged me. No, you challenge yourself.
Speaker 4: You're like, I gotta do this before.
Speaker 1: You said a like, you put in a for it, right, and then you have to make another schedule for to go get your finger.
Speaker 3: You fill it out online.
Speaker 4: You fill all this stuff online, and then you just go to the Staples, which from this spot right here, there's a Staples four minutes away, and you just pay seventy five dollars and they like their fingerprints.
Speaker 1: I don't think so they got you, bro, Global Entry, I had to do.
Speaker 4: My fingerprints are out there.
Speaker 3: I had a criminal record.
Speaker 1: My all them boys are on there, and they gave you pre chag.
Speaker 4: I mean there they got put down a misdemeanors. You know, I worked it all out a good team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shout out Michigan.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But you're not going to do that today because CFB twenty five comes out in about an hour.
Speaker 3: No, bro, what time we add It's two o'clock on a Monday, the game releases. If you got the Deluxe edition, which we did, you can start paying college football for one hour one hour from now.
Speaker 4: Are you as fired up for that as it seems like everybody is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know you're not. No, I'm not like as fired up as everybody else is, but like I got my I don't have my PlayStation down here. It's something in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: So you five guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I think it is your Xbox.
Speaker 4: The promise.
Speaker 3: He's young. So your whole time in college you were not in the game.
Speaker 1: I bet he was playing n C fourteen though. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was, Yeah, there's.
Speaker 4: Something being in the game fourteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so stoked for it. Do you know what I was overall?
Speaker 1: Uh? No, do you eighty four? I mean that defense?
Speaker 3: What that's when Nebraska is to stop it? Hey, you like ratioed you on your birthday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, get out of it?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm goes. It was his birthdays, Like I appreciate everybody for all the birthday, which is I'm blessed or very blessed or whatever it is. And I said, you're not blessed. You went to Iowa just put him into oblivion on his birthday.
Speaker 1: You got him, man, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: You got him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think this game is gonna end a lot of people's relationships and careers.
Speaker 1: I heard the field goal thing is hard.
Speaker 3: I haven't I haven't seen.
Speaker 1: That and it goes like super fast a meter does doesn't really, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it should be difficult if you're trying to kick a game winning field goal. I know you want the game to be a video you want it to be a to be a video game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, the college kickers are worse right than the NFL, so it should be harder.
Speaker 3: And not only that, but we're talking like a route tree. If you want to you want to give a receiver hot route, they have twelve different routes that they can run. So you can like build your own system like on the fly and protection, rattle through the protections together.
Speaker 4: You can gap out, you can slide one way man the other way. You can go five oh, which is five on five protection. I'm sure you can bring in a tight end and go like a you know, Y six y seven. You can simply I D the H two H three, which is all great.
Speaker 3: And that's awesome. Yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of controls.
Speaker 4: When I look at like n C A fourteen, how simple the game is as far as like you got your juke moves. You can do X, Y and Z if you press harder it's more of a bullet pass. If you tap it, it kind of arcs it over and then you go to Madden. It just seems like they put so much realism into it that it kind of takes away the enjoyment of playing the game. And I am more of a pessimistic when it comes to You're more of a casual You're more of a Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the casual stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I'm with you though, because I don't play the game as much as I should probably could or what like shit, Yeah, but you play. I don't want to. Yeah, I don't want to know. I have to learn all the controls every time. I can't wait.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be fun to see I just.
Speaker 3: Better time. Oh yeah, that would be honestly probably the best team to do a dynasty with. I'm clearly biased. I'm clearly biased, but I'm talking. I'm talking like I'm talking, and like the parameters, what would be a good a good team to start Dynasaur about the parameters? For me, it's like you got we got rails, so you got good A good young young.
Speaker 4: Quarterback remembers to start a good dynasty.
Speaker 3: Somebody who's not like above ninety. You want a team that you can build up to be like a five star program. I think Nebraska sitting around a three or three and a half star. That's tough because they were five and twenty fourteen, they were they were, they were.
Speaker 5: Streamers are saying like Nebraska is like the best team to do it because exactly what you're saying, Like, they're in the Big Ten, they have Ryola, and they have like a some good players, and like you can bring it. You can bring like Nebraska back to start.
Speaker 3: And when you're playing, want to keep it when you're doing when you're doing recruiting, I'm sure there'll be challenges. I'm sure there'll be challenges trying to recruit guys to your school since you're not like a premier school.
Speaker 4: Let's just do it as a tear talk then, Okay, best dynasties, My Tier one is Nebraska. Okay, you are you aware of tear talk?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: All right, we started three go to one.
Speaker 4: Obviously you can get out of the mentions if you want, but we're gonna do as Dynasty's best teams have started Dynasty with.
Speaker 1: Once or do we do three?
Speaker 3: And the snake draft style.
Speaker 4: That's what we do with Kittle on the stadiums. We could do that again if we want.
Speaker 3: So once one gets drafted, it's off the board. It's off the board. Okay, So well.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: You like it now? So we started tier one then pretty much because you started here, you're.
Speaker 1: Doing your first pick, all right, honors. Yeah, I'm doing Hawks. Obviously you should have took Nebraska.
Speaker 3: I know, I thought to serve them all the Hawks. The Hawks would be a good one to five. Yeah, you got.
Speaker 1: Yes, And then you can if you're going to get players, you can get a bunch of on the offense too, so Phil Parker in the defense.
Speaker 3: But that's like Iowa football man never score over twenty.
Speaker 4: They don't have to play good, hard nosed defense.
Speaker 1: You guys might have to what you mean the defense is okay, they're keeping them under twenty every time.
Speaker 4: The last two games you guys played, though.
Speaker 3: But also didn't didn't the OC get fired last year?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Brian, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's that's a positive.
Speaker 1: Right. Well yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah, you're not. It was a little different.
Speaker 3: But you liked a lot, like scoring ten points a game.
Speaker 1: We didn't score ten points games, score thirteen. Oh, come on, now, I don't know how many look it up on Michigan's waiting in the game twenty seventeen twenty eighteen four. I think it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I would need some more offense, you call what it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but they're pro style offense. I mean in college. College is a little like that's a little different, right because everybody's doing spread.
Speaker 3: Now, but they're adapting with the times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but it's I mean they have more people go to the league because of it.
Speaker 3: Well, tight ends, you guys have tight ends.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but he's a tight ends.
Speaker 4: Old lineman and a white defensive player.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, bro, yeah, how about that Cooper.
Speaker 4: That's got to be the product for you what you guys produced the first white dB since like eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know that is wild. I mean de Jean's insane though, Like if you go back and like watch him playing basketball and stuff too, like he's just a freak athlete. So Taylor is surprised.
Speaker 7: I could totally be reading this wrong, but Michigan is not listed in the top twenty five on CB.
Speaker 1: That's incorrect.
Speaker 3: It's got to be. It's got to be because that's those are offensives when they go off offensive. Okay, no bad ideas, no bad ideas, because I do think they're not They're definitely not below in eighty three overall as a team. Yeah, we're I think ranked in the top ten.
Speaker 4: You guys going into the season.
Speaker 3: You guys lost a lot of offensive power. Yeah, but you know good line by. You guys lost a good linebacker.
Speaker 1: Right, good boy, Yeah we got j J. Now.
Speaker 4: I know, dude, I want to talk about that too. And it sucks that you brought that up just now because we're in your talk. So remind me to talk about that because.
Speaker 3: You have with a lot of good quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just footnote.
Speaker 3: That Nebraska with my first pick eighty.
Speaker 4: Eight slept On. I love it.
Speaker 3: I love that. All right, I'm going Nebraska for all things we talked about. You got a young freshman quarterback who's in eighty overall. He's gonna be trending upward very fast. You're talking middle of the pack in offense and defense. I think they're like an eighty four across the board, eighty four overall, eighty four offense, eighty four defense. They're a three and a half star program on CFB twenty five. You got an opportunity to build them back up to what they were back in the nineties. Some also say the Polini era. I'm gonna go with Nebraska. I think a great foundation to build it makes it recruiting a little challenging, which I think will be very fun. So Nebraska my first overall pick. Yeah, based on the parameters. I've just been told that that's a good pick. And I wasn't gonna pick Michigan because I thought they would be rated higher. I thought they'd be in an upper echelant like in the nineties. But I'm gonna, you know what, I'm not gonna take Michigan. I'm gonna leave Michigan off on the table.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pick a team like I actually hate that I'm picking this, but it might be the best pick. And that's South Carolina.
Speaker 3: If you think, if you.
Speaker 4: Think about it, I mean, you got that cat you were just telling me about who has the acceleration the speed of ninety nine.
Speaker 3: But you've also done.
Speaker 1: Name NICKI Harber.
Speaker 4: You've got a program that is in a prestigious conference, that has been middle to lower lower pack, and you want to bring that prestige back or to a program that hasn't had a whole lot of success and kind of run a conference that is arguably the best we all know his second best conference, but arguably the best conference. I think the game Cops is a good pick.
Speaker 1: That's my pick.
Speaker 3: And if you thought, if you throw it on Heisman mode and like take your licks and try to get like say seven to eight win season, like you have some challenges that will make that dynasty.
Speaker 4: Fun, yeah, which I've never really done before.
Speaker 3: That's a good pick. They were. That's who I wanted for my second That's what I want for my second.
Speaker 4: And I wanted to leave Michian out of it because Michigan is a tough dynasty pick just because they won the national championship last year. Yeah, they've lost a lot of guys, but they are.
Speaker 3: Top talks, they're top dogs in the food chain. Some say it's not a good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be not a good look to grab my team. But at the end of the day, like we're playing make Believe right now, I'm more care about's gonna happen in the season.
Speaker 3: And we'll find out September seven. If a Michigan takes on the Long Horns.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a great game, I know, but we're we're not gonna fucking be there because you Colorado Nebraska like that's a bigger game.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 4: Come on, Will, I'm telling you and everyone in here is probably going to agree with me that that is not a bigger game. I'm going because I fucking I love you, Bro, I know that game means so much to you. But I'm pretty sure we'd like to see the Longhorns, who are in the College Wall playoff last year, versus the reigning national champions in in Arbor, Michigan. I'm I'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Sure we'd run what atmosphere would you guys rather be at? Look at him? Look don't say his you guys know my name, say it loud.
Speaker 7: I think if a couple of things go a different direction for Nebraska last year, they could have won some games. They could have made some noise and made the playoff, making this year's game a little bit more interesting. But Slash, I want my job. There is Michigan versus Texas is the game is that?
Speaker 4: That's the game, without a doubt, Mitch, I hate that we have to do this right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean Michigan Texas is where you gotta go.
Speaker 3: I need more built to board material.
Speaker 1: For my season in Michigan Texas, for sure, Garrett.
Speaker 3: I think if the game was in Austin, I would go to that one.
Speaker 1: But I like the Memorial Game day atmosphere better.
Speaker 4: Than how it is quite Hey, you know, I know how I went to a game in Memorial last year and it was quite a that's a different time, bro, Michigan, Bro, what is is that the home open definition of insanity?
Speaker 3: No, here's what I mean by let me here, let me hear.
Speaker 6: JP's South Carolina's got Kentucky on the seven, all.
Speaker 3: Right, but that's why the choices.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, Michigan Texas.
Speaker 3: And it's insane. You're just trying to go against the grand.
Speaker 6: The atmosphere is better at Nebraska than Michigan, but the teams are better for Michigan versus Texas.
Speaker 4: To Austin, and I want to go to Austin. Yeah, but I also being going to Michigan. I would want to go to Michigan. And it's got a lot louder by the way guys.
Speaker 3: Should do that, it's gotten a lot louder.
Speaker 4: I think it was actually rated top twenty five loudest stadiums.
Speaker 3: It was in the twenties. It was in the twenties for sure.
Speaker 1: I always got to be up there.
Speaker 3: I does get kind of loud. I was, I was, but because they put the fans right up on you.
Speaker 4: All that being said, I'm gonna go to your game.
Speaker 3: No, I know. And what the point I was gonna make is with Michigan coming in, like being the number one overall team, it didn't take much of the absolutely deflate that entire stity because you're right, But I'm saying the expectation going into this year, we're in the spot to where the expectations are like, Yo, we really got a shot.
Speaker 4: And we too, This is not that what the expectation is make a Bowl game.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm telling you right now, the expectation is not to just win six games. Bro. Is that what you're trying to tell me that all Nebraska we're just rooting for six wins this year.
Speaker 4: If you if we get to the end of the season and you guys are a five hundred team, you're gonna be so proud.
Speaker 3: No, I'm gonna call for rules shut down. There's no way I'm gonna have to think about the ring.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, no, no no no. This wasn't the thing I saw. This wasn't the thing I saw.
Speaker 3: Take that off the.
Speaker 1: Twenty five Quietest.
Speaker 3: That's not what I saw.
Speaker 4: There's That's the thing with the internet, man, you can find anything to support whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Who's your second and round pick?
Speaker 1: I would take Texas. Manny, you got the quarterback. He's not your starter, he's not well still on the team. I don't know. I just like Texas. I don't yeah, Like I grew up like watching them, going to a lot of their their football games, baseball games, and so I kind of just like them. So I would pick all right, okay, period.
Speaker 3: Let me go. Wasn't a who that pick? I like the Texas pick. You got the young quarterbacks, you know, but you are a team that's already You're already, they're already established.
Speaker 1: He's somebody who.
Speaker 4: Ero challenge and I, from my understanding, I've never played Dynasty before. You want to pick a team that maybe doesn't have the prestige you wanted to have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with my second pick, I think I'm gonna go with the University of Miami. I think that'd be a very fun one to bring back to life in the A c C. At the moment, I'm gonna go with my The recruiting would be a lot easier done in Florida, but that that would be a fun team to bring back.
Speaker 4: Give me Hawaii for my pick. I play an NCAA fourteen, man. I remember making creative players and just going to Hawaii and being like, let me just bring this conference who has never seen the light as far as having any prestige at all, and bring them some success. Make Hawaii Honolulu a hot bed for recruiting where all the boys and girls want to come and be a part of a national championship team. Hawaii is my second pick.
Speaker 3: That'd be a very challenging one too. I respect that pick.
Speaker 4: I also really don't know what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm with you. I think the Air Force would be sick.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go got us sports the military? Yes, yes, yes, have to.
Speaker 3: Man, I want to hit a fun when there are a few out there. But I think more where I'm going to dial in on is I was thinking about them, but I think it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: I don't know, se.
Speaker 3: No, that's a fun one. Let's go hm, let's go Arizona. Let's go Arizona.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 3: See right now, Big twelve, I don't know if I want that one.
Speaker 4: I take it off the board.
Speaker 3: Colorado would be fun. But again, they got to the best players in the game. It's like to me, in my opinion, you'd be able to with your dr and Travis Hunter, you'd be able to win very fast. In my opinion, because I was dabbling with you got Arizona. I like Missoo. Missoo would be fun. Kansas would be fun. In Kansas State would be fun. Let's go to Miszoo. Let's go Miszoo because we're talking SEC. They're a fun school. It would take a lot to build that program and really compete. You're in and you're out in heist mode in the SEC. I'm gonna go with the Miszoo. And they had that DN that came out in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 4: That's your favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, what's his name again?
Speaker 3: Sam?
Speaker 1: Something? See what was his last name? I can't remember. I remember him from the videos?
Speaker 3: Is it Michael sim Yeah? I can't Michael Sam, I can't remember, now that you say it, Michael.
Speaker 4: Samm Yeah, my pick, my pick, is gonna be Arizona State University. I think Dillingham out there, and I dude, I talk about this all. I have no idea why ASU is not a hotbed for recruiting. You're in Tempee, you have old town. Scott said, you got Phoenix, you got sun every single day. You literally got girls going to school in their bikinis. Like it's one of those schools where it's like you got Blue Mountain State written all over it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But the facility sucked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they sucked because they've never been good. Right, Yeah, so you go, you bring some boys in there that can really get it done, and then all of a sudden, the money starts coming in.
Speaker 1: Guy.
Speaker 4: Arizona, by far is the most like fair weather fan base of all the states. I believe they don't give a shit about sports teams unless they're good. And when the minute you start getting get ASU, it is going to be a crazy pride all around it.
Speaker 3: You didn't go there, Yeah, you're right. I'll start to go to the league and everybody who's trying to play high level college football wants to go to the league. And all you got to say is, hey, don't worry about all that external bullshit. You want to come to a real program, an NFL hotbed. You come here because you're going to spend the majority of your time in the facility.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: An argument to that is is like you can enjoy everything and also be a star immediately. You can build something beautiful in that laya foundation for a procedures university, and you can be one of the pillars that stands on with your statue sitting outside. Because there's only Patrick Tillman and you're the example. You did not go there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. I didn't. Well, there was never an ASU offered me. I thought, hell yes, but no no shot. Yeah, like official physics and take one.
Speaker 4: A big reason why I didn't go to issue was a bunch of kids from Suara. We're going to se and I was like, I don't want to play with these guys.
Speaker 1: But if you can't win with your guys, I don't know who these dudes. Yeah will and I'll help them. And what will NIL help?
Speaker 4: They got to find someone money, No d NIL helps. NIL helps the biggest programs, the programs like Michigan, like in Nebraska, like these schools that have a lot of history and a huge alumni, like Michigan has one of the like the largest living alumni, so they will have a bunch of people give money and they have people that you know, the guy who owns the Dolphins also owns Michigan. Look at Ohio State. If they win this year, it's not because their culture or how awesome they are, it's because they spent the most money and most NIL money out of any program. And talk about it, Astro, I want to talk about Michigan. That's an astros written all over. He hasn't earn that.
Speaker 3: You guys bought that. Yeah, I mean you guys had some pretty hefty allegations last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah are they now? Still they're fucking gone. People don't give a fuck anything. Still Barball dapped, Everyone's.
Speaker 3: Like, I guess we're cool.
Speaker 1: That's for good.
Speaker 3: I'll be going Sean Moore now. Yeah, n I l NIL helps teams that you're only gonna know what kind of walls that they have if they pour into the facilities. You don't have anybody that pours into any facilities at Arizona State. So even though you think that NIO would help them, I'm pretty sure there's you got all these boosters not backing up the brink trucks to go pay for a roster, you know what I mean. They have so many holes too.
Speaker 4: But that's why I think a SU is a great pick for Dynasty because now you get to make all that happen for sure.
Speaker 3: And Dilly is the man. Dilly is the man.
Speaker 4: The thing I love about Dillingham, Uh, that's the head coach for SU.
Speaker 3: He doesn't want to go anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Was this.
Speaker 4: That's where he's wanted to be forever, born in bred Arizona cat what the high school with him, and that's where he's what he wants to be.
Speaker 1: That's what the Texas Tech baseball coach said too before he went to Texas.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 3: Great point. That's a good point. Dilly is the man.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 3: You sit there in his office and listen to his passion, he oozes with it. Yeah, yeah, you like him. Should we talk about Best Ball Week at DraftKings. Here's why, Taylor, let me tell you why this is such a big deal. DraftKings Best Ball Millionaire Contest is their biggest fantasy contest ever. We're talking fifteen million dollars in a guaranteed prize pool with two that's right, two millionaires being crowned for the first and second place. If you're a set and forget it type, then Best Ball is for you because there's no way for wires, no roster management. There's bigger rosters so that injuries won't injure season. Sorry, by only the draft and that's it. You're set for the season. And if you're still not convinced, check this one out.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 3: This year's DraftKings is offering everyone a draft one get one special, so your twenty dollars entry fee scores you a bonus ticket. Best Ball Week is here. Download the DraftKings app and use code bus. That's code bus bus for all customers who enter the NFL Best Ball fifteen million dollar Millionaire contest to get a bonus ticket and get a shot at being crowned to be one one of two millionaires. It's Beastball Week only on Draft Kings. Bring back your reminder, JJ McCarthy, JJ McCarthy, Now you play with a lot of good quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: We can get into that in just a minute, but you talk about the eleventh overall pick of a national championship winning team. JJ McCarthy comes in after Kirk Cousins is now in Atlanta, what have you seen from the boy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's been incredible, has he? Yeah? I mean, well you see work. Yeah, he's grinding in the film room, he's grinding in the classroom. Like he's a baller on the field obviously, but like to have a guy like, especially a rookie, you know, when you come into a facility into the league, like you usually need to shut your mouth and like go to work. And now that's exactly what he did. Like he's earned the respect of a lot of guys in there. Obviously, we have Sam Darnold too, who is a baller and can can play the game at a really high level. So it'll be interesting what happens with the lot with those two. But I'm excited that JJ is on our team and on our squad. I mean, like I said, he's he's a leader. He did that in Michigan, and you know, I'm sure it'll carry over the league just as well.
Speaker 3: Before the draft happened, were you pretty bummed at Kirk went to Atlanta?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, I love Kirk. I mean, just a great dude. But you can't fault a guy. I mean, you can only play this game for so long and so you know, you may as well make the most of it as you know that he's done. I mean, he's made a lot of money in this league, and so he can't fault him at all. And obviously that's where Julie, his wife is from, and so they have their roots down there and they have family down there, and yeah, I mean I wish nothing but the best for Kirk. I mean, just a list guy, like just such a good dude. Yeah, Like I mean, he he still texts me like, hey, how you doing. What's going on? You know, like, hey, can you you have any plays that you know, like like that we ran last year that would be good, you remember, you know, stuff like that. It just keeps in touch and so you gotta love that for my guy, you know, because it's not at the end of the day, it's not just you were a teammate. You know, you're a friend. And so that's that's pretty sweet from him.
Speaker 3: You've got to play with some awesome quarterbacks. As Taylor was saying, how would you if you did tear him out?
Speaker 1: That's that's aggressive.
Speaker 3: Well, you play with great quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Quarterback, yeah, one hundred percent, They're they're all fantastic quarter I mean like coming into the league, you know, and having Stafford like that was huge for me because Stafford was a guy that was like just get open, like I'll throw it to you, you know, and so like that kind of let me be free my first couple of years in the league, Like Okay, all I gotta do is beat this guy in front of me, and I don't really have to worry about much and staff will put it where I need to. And so that was a real stepping stone and like where I've been able to get into the league and then going from Staff to j G. You know, JG's is like he's all about ball, so like he knows like where you need to be at this certain time, like when you need to be there, like at what depth and that kind of stuff. So that kind of taught me like the analytical part of it, like why I need to be there based on coverages and like, okay, you know, the league's gotten from you know, a lot of man to three match to zone to you know, like cover two and being able to you know, Ben Johnson was the OC and and he was my tight ends coach for a few years in Detroit, and so like he taught me a lot of that, and then like he when he became the OC, he was he let me like read coverages and like, you know, hey, we have a pressure right now, but like if it's cover two, let's just hook on the inside of the numbers because that's where the voids at, you know. So I think that was huge for like another step into like actually learning defenses and understanding like what's going on rather than like, hey, just get open, which was awesome, Like I love that, don't get me wrong, you know. And then going from that to Kirk was you know, it was kind of like a mix honestly, because Kirk was like, hey, I don't care how you get there, but like get there in this timing, you know, because like I'm playing off my back foot at this point, so just get open at that time, you know. And that was huge and kind of taught me a lot of like the quarterbacks progression, like Okay, hey, I'm on the backside, I'm running a basic route, but you know, they say it's at twelve, but really I can push this to fourteen, give them a little sauce at the top, and be there for when Kirk needs me, you know, and you're you know, you're running a pressure. Okay, hey you're my first read. So if you don't get all the way to ten, not a big deal. Like hit it at eight and we'll move the sticks, you know. So like that was huge, and just learning the quarterback position a little bit, you know, and understanding what they are doing in the backfield, like they're going from here to here to hear and that was that was that was a nice thing for me to like kind of learn. And so yeah, now to I have JJ and and saying like those guys, those guys, I mean, obviously they're kind of learning their own and like figuring it out. Sam's obviously been in the league for a while, but like JJ, to have him out there and like, you know, he's he's trying to figure it out, and like that it'll be It's cool because like you can talk to him about different things and like, hey, like what would you like here, and he's like, well, I don't know, let's try it, you know. And so then you go out there and you try it and he's like I like that or I didn't like that. You know, Like that'll be cool to kind of be able to have that communication with a guy like that. That's young. So yeah, I mean I would. I've played with a lot of really good quarterbacks and each one of them have been different, which is cool.
Speaker 4: How different is it for you having the quarterbacks with all the understand what they already like them what they know, to now being in the position you are where you're like kind of teaching more than you are learning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's it's definitely, you know, Like I say, it was really good because each quarterback that I've been with is obviously at the top of the league, like and then they have each have their own different little like thing and like what they like. And so for me to be in the position I'm in with right now, with a young quarterback coming in and you can talk to him about like, hey, this is what staff liked, Hey, this is what Kirk liked, this is what JG liked, you know, and so and he I'm sure he can take pieces from all that, you know, because and having a head coach who as a quarterback. Yeah, and and Ko is incredible. I mean, like Ko is one of the one of the best, like people like head like he just knows what's going on in football and like he understands the game so well, and he's really good at you know, you you get around coaches that understand the game really well, but then they can't they're not as good at teaching it. And Ko is like really really good at being communicative and like teaching you like why this is and like why you do that, and and that's that's that's hard to come by because you know, I mean, everybody in the league knows the game, but like to be able to communicate how they know the game and like where they see it and how they see it, that's different. And so to have him in that room with you know, with JJ and it is going to be a lot of fun for him, and it's it's huge. And to have Ko around us, like he comes in our room with Ange and you know, sits down and then he'll come out and he'll talk to us and on the field we're running routes, he'll be like, hey, keep this more vertical because of this coverage, or like hey keep this you know, you can spin out of this a little quicker because of that. You know, like you're the first read, you're the second rid, you're the third reader, or the last read. You know that that kind of stuff. So it's it's definitely you know that, Like my knowledge of the game has has grown a lot just because of the people I've been around, and the people in Minnesota are incredible.
Speaker 3: Ben Johnson was somebody who is in kind of like the you know, people wanting him to be their head coach.
Speaker 1: Do you see him being a yeah, I mean he can do like Ben can do whatever he wants to do. I mean, he's one of those people that if he puts his mind to something, like he'll he'll do it. And he is again another one of those people that like is really good at teaching the game and breaks it down into simplicity, like he'll like I can't you know. I mean like my rookie year, like I had a tight ends coach who you know, wasn't the best in the world, but like Ben and I would go and like sit down and watch film and he was the quality control of the guy at the time, you know. So we would go to another room, we would sit down, watch film, and he would break down like, Hey, here's Travis's film, this is why he does this, this is why he's so good. Here's George's film, this is why he does this. This is why he's so good and then like being able to pull that and do it like and understanding releases and like he'd break down, you know, different route trees and like each part of the route, you know, and so that was huge. I mean Ben's one of the best people. I mean, like I said, I talked to Ben a lot. He can easily be a head coach in this league. And you know, he's a he's a guy that people like to play for.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, take us to the moment where you got traded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how was that for you?
Speaker 3: Were you bitter at first?
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't say so. I mean, like I kind of there was a lot of articles coming out because we were I think one and six at the time.
Speaker 3: Like articles of you being like on the trading block. Yeah, because was that your contract year? Were you coming up.
Speaker 1: To the end of your contract? Like I was in my fourth year at the time, and so like I kind of like understood, Hey, either they're gonna want to keep me here or they're going to want to get rid of me and try to get some draft capital. And so like I and I was having a really good year at the time with like not you know, I wasn't getting the ball a ton, but like being able to create separation and and when I did get the ball and make the most of it, you know, and and yeah, I think the last game I had like three targets, three catches and like ninety yards or something like that, because you know, we played Miami and it was like I could understand. I understood that they were, you know, they were kind of starting to get to that point, and you know, you you have conversations you see like what's going on, and you see the articles coming out, and you know, you just have conversations with the guys like, oh, like what's going on, you know, and everyone's like you're not leaving. You know, you're not going anywhere, you know, but they don't know because it's really solely up to the GM, you know. And so at that point, you know, I got a call on Tuesday and I was like, Hey, you're getting traded to the Vikings, and appreciate it and have a good one. I was like, all right, cool, sounds good.
Speaker 3: Were you excited?
Speaker 1: Boomed, No, I was excited. I was excited. It was a fresh start for me. Obviously, I knew like I was going to play for coach O'Connell who was a young coach and like it was his first year and he has he was six and one or something like that at the time, and like just a really up and coming coach and then to be able to get around him, and it was the best thing for me, Like y'ad put me in the right place. Like I love Minnesota. I love the team, you know, and and it really starts at the top with Ko and and the ownership, Like those guys are incredible, and it trickles down like I mean, like I say, you know, you have your pet, your head pt come down and like watch you do things, and they want you to like live a life outside of football and like love people, you know, like that that doesn't come around in the in this league very much. I mean, you guys know how cut throat it is, and so to have that and like to build relationships with those people in Minnesota and with the Vikings has been incredible. Like you don't find a bad human being at any point. Whenever you turn a corner, there's there's somebody that you know and you'll you can have a conversation with them for thirty minutes and just like just about life it's not about anything. And you know, if there's a bad person that's in the facility, it's found out really quick and they're gone. You know, like that's just what it is. And so they really only attract good people. They really preach love and like being a team and like actually as much as the team as you can be in the NFL, you know, like that it's hard because everybody's in and out the door, but they're incredible. Like it's really the best place for me, and I hope I'm I'm there for a long time.
Speaker 4: Take me through the timeline a little bit more of like how the whole trading things started, Like when the rumor started. Who was your first call? Because I know there's a lot of people probably listening to this that don't know what goes on behind closed doors in the locker room. Yeah, and a lot of times guys find out they're traded on the ticker and they just then they then all of a sudden they get a call from the GM for you when the room and meals start, and then one of the actual transaction happened.
Speaker 1: The rumor mil started I think the week before I got traded, like that week going up to the trade deadline, Like there was a bunch of articles that were coming out like hey do we trade Howkinson? Like who could we trade? You know? And then I just called Ben because, like I said, I have the best relationship. I had the best relationship with him at the time, and Dan was new ish I think at the time. I think he might have been a year in. And so I called Ben and it was just like, hey, like what's like what are they thinking? He's like, dude, you don't really have anything to worry about, you know, Like I love you. I think everybody around here has a lot of respect for you and what you're doing. You're a good player, and I don't think that's the thing, you know, And so I was like, all right, cool, sounds good. And then we lost to Miami that week that and I was coming off of a game where against Seattle where I had like one hundred and fifty six hundred and seventy six yards for two touchdowns. Like I was coming off a game and you know, we lost the game, but you know, I was, I was playing well, and so I wasn't too worried about it. And then Tuesday came around and I woke up and I was like, we'll see, put my phone on the ringer, you know. And I was in the facility for a few hours just doing PTE and recovery stuff, and then I left go to go to a chiropractor and got a call on my way to the chiropractor and was told I was traded.
Speaker 3: And then even up to that call, you're you're you're worries about being traded when pretty much put the rest because of your conversation with coach Johnson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean pretty much, like I like, I still had a feeling obviously, you know, Neil kind of knows a lot of that stuff and he like can hear stuff and and so I kind of, you know, still was like, Okay, I'm my I it's definitely a possibility. Like, but like for them to trade me within the vision, like, I wasn't expecting that at all. But I mean I'm like, again, I'm so blessed and able to be there. So I was excited when it happened, But yeah, I wasn't. I wasn't really necessarily expecting it, but came and it's been a blessing.
Speaker 4: Is there a level of with the Lions and they haven't won a division in like the last thirty years until this past year, and then you leave and now they're having that crazy success. Is there a part of you that's kind of like bitter towards that success.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, obviously they're still in division, so you like want to beat them and you want to win the division as you personally. But I mean yeah, not not not crazy, but like I mean you you see it and you're like like, well, what's going on? You know, you talk to people and they're just like, you know, like that I played with and they're just like it just started clicking, like there's nothing you and everything just came into place. Well, I mean, you think guys in there the first like I was only there for six games when coach Ben got moved up to OC like OC, so like it was a learning curve for everybody, Like it's not. That's one of those places too. Like terminology is a lot different, like Ben makes it complicated, so it's easy, you know, like if that makes sense, Like you know, each way is a different term. Like so if you're on the right side, it'd be like I don't know, it'd be one term and if you're on the if you're going to the left, same play, it'd be a different term, so like you can still do all that at the line, but it was a learning curve for a lot of guys because that's not what you do, you know, and they'd be code named so like lobster and whatever, you know, and so that was a learning curve for everybody. And so everybody was trying to figure it out and get used to it, and there was a lot of hiccups throughout that first seven games, and then we all started kind of getting it after like week five and starting to kind of figure it out. And then you know, now they they've gotten it to click. And Ben's I mean, there's no doubt in my mind that Ben's like a huge part of that because he's just you know, kind of like a mastermind and that and that kind of s and yeah, I mean, but I like bitterness, Like I I really I was happy for like the boys that I used to play with, you know, like obviously they I was in it for a long time. It's a it's not fun to like go out and play and not really have any success, and then you know, for them to have some success, Like I was happy for the guys that I played with, but you know, I mean to obviously be in the same division. There's a little bit of that because you guys want to be the team. We want to be the team.
Speaker 4: And also, like every player ever played with, they got traded or left their team. Anytime we played that team, there was that was circle that was like we gotta hey, boys, we gotta get these guys.
Speaker 3: If we can lose them all, but not this one. This is the one we have to win. Yeah, So I just didn't know if you had any of those those types of feelings.
Speaker 1: I mean, you always get a little juiced up when you play them, you know, I mean you just want to see them. And and you know, at that point, like I said, when I got hurt, that was that game and it was for really a playoff birth for us. And so that was that was a huge game, and you know it could have gone either way at the time that I got injured and then you know, I get injured and it's still a close game. But I think that was it was tough for all of us.
Speaker 4: So when the rumor mill starts, are you did you and your girl ever play the game of like, hey, this place would be cool, Hey what about this place.
Speaker 1: Well, we heard Miami. That was the biggest thing.
Speaker 4: So I kind of got excited about that, didn't you.
Speaker 1: It was I mean it's warm down there, and you know, but I mean when it when you talk about Minnesota and their their name kind of started getting like we heard, like Neil heard their name, and I was like, that'd be nice because it's my Like my family goes every game. My parents go to every game. They haven't missed a game since I've been you know, thirteen, and so, like they were driving to Detroit all the time, and that's eight hours there, not including Chicago traffic, you know, and then eight hours back and so it's only four hours from my hometowns, and so it's incredible for all of them and and for me to be able to be around family. My mom's from Minnesota, so I have a bunch of extended family there. So if I ever need anything, you know, I'm able to call them. And I mean, there's there is such thing as Minnesota nice. You know, like people around the block around you in your neighborhood, like they just love and they want to help out, you know, without being weird about it. You know, like you know how some people can be when you know you're you are who you are, and then they're like getting a little too close, you know, But that's usually not a thing there. So it's it's been, it's been awesome. And like I said, the facilities are beautiful, the brand new. There's a reason it gets, you know, top two last year was number one in the NFLPA score, Like they do it right in Minnesota, and it's I'm just super lucky to be there.
Speaker 3: Do you take us talk about the temperature of last year, cause you guys started off, how'd you guys start? Did you start zero and four? Yeah, something like that, which was I know had to be insanely frustrating because when we would do S and P and everything else, it's like, yo, this is the best four lost team in the NFL. Like, you guys only lost games because whether it be a bad turnover, somebody dropping a ball at a crucial time, Like, how frustrating was it? Because I know I would almost assume that Ko the post game conversations and everything else is like you're trying to keep everybody up. You guys start to make a run, a very small run, until Kirk blows out his achilles take us back to early last year and the temperature of everything they took over and right, and then Dobbs comes in, which is, yeah, that's an awesome story.
Speaker 1: It was a it was a wild year and in terms of a lot of things. You know, we were we obviously were a good team, like we knew it going into the season, Like we were really excited about the season, especially coming off of thirteen one year the year before. And so you know, we lose the first game, you know, and it's like, right, there's turnovers, Like that's on us, like we need to win, you know, and then lose second game. Was the third game and we really got to pick. Yeah, it's like like everybody had like a you know, your but hole gets pretty tight and like you're just like let's go, like what are we doing? Like we're we are so good and we're not showing it on Sundays, which was frustrating for everybody and including the coaching staff. And so, I mean it was turnovers, Like turnovers are the biggest thing, you guys, know, it's all about the ball, Like you get those presentations every week and you know, we just couldn't hold onto it. And that was like the biggest issue. And then we lose JJ and you know, and yeah, well we lose JJ first, we kind of go on a just oh yeah's day. Yeah, we lose Jets. We lose Jets first and with a you know, a hamstring, and then we start going on a run and it's like okay, like we're we're good, Like, let's get back and you know, when Jets comes, we'll go off and we'll start playing in the in the in the playoffs and and we'll have a successful year. And so, you know, we start on a run and then you know, obviously Green Bay happens and we're playing really well and we're up by quite a bit and you know, we come out of half and we have a full swing, full two touchdown swing and it was huge for us. And then Kirk goes down in the last you know a couple of drives and it's like, what the heck just happened? You know, like because nobody knows, you know, you don't know, and he's over there like I just rolled my ankle. I just rolled my ankle and your achilles is gone. Yeah, and then he gets carted off and you're like, oh man, yeah, like what's going on, you know, and you get into the locker room and we won the game, but it's kind of like a somber feeling because you you lost Kirk, who again, like I've talked about Kirk, he's one of the best dudes, and so you don't want to see that from him. But yeah, and then the next week Dobbs come and then the next week, yeah, we're in we're in Atlanta and and Dobbs comes in, and you know, we're going through the whole quarterback thing, you know, we have you know, you start one guy and then he gets injured with a with a concussion, and then you know, Dobbs is up basically and you're like, okay, like let's let's let's see what.
Speaker 3: It is he got in what Tuesday, Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he doesn't know the offense, so he's like just repeating what he's hearing, but he doesn't know, and he's like, hey, what's my first rate And you're like, it's the left.
Speaker 3: Changing time to corral around him and help him out.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what it was. You know, we were all in the huddle and we're kind of like just communicating to him as well as him communicating to us like hey, like because he was like, hey, what's it? Like, what's this mean? Like what's this route call like? Or what's my concept? You know, we have fun, you know, flag under and so it's like, you know that's what that means, you know, like this is your first read, this is your second read. And so he was balling that week and he used his legs a lot, and we were able to do like a scramble drill kind of and you know that's I I hadn't really had that for many of my quarterbacks and so to have him out there and he was you know, that was that was kind of fun because you.
Speaker 3: Guys just play some backyard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like backyard. It's exactly what it.
Speaker 3: Was expectation to everyone expect you guys.
Speaker 1: Right, And he does a game winning drive on the last last drive, which was huge, you know. And then we come out the next week and I actually broke my rib in the Atlanta game, fractured my two ribs on my on my right side. I still got a nice little bump. And then the next week is the Saints and yeah, yeah, went off. I'd like I see I had uh the one thirty five in the first half, with Dobbs playing and that was that was sick. You know, we had a lot of fun. We came out hot. And then does one.
Speaker 3: As as I'm sorry to cut you off, that when Dobbs comes in and you know he's obviously going to take over, uh the next week does the game plan is all about like simplifying, Yeah, make it easy for him and.
Speaker 1: For sure, yeah, I mean like just our you know, you know, you have your first day, first five day camp install plays like that's kind of what we were running, which were was easy for us. And he was in the he was he was like I was when I first got traded. You know, he was like nodding, eating with the guys. He was in the in the he would go grab his food and then go to the film room and and like kind of learn everything and then a lot of communication, a lot of like talking to the guys and and figuring it out. But yeah, I mean he was. He was incredible. I mean, I love playing with Josh. He's a great dude, and he's special. I mean with his legs and everything. He's a special talent for sure.
Speaker 3: So I mean, yeah, for anybody coming in week up, especially at the quarterback position. Yeah, slinging in a little bit game winning drive.
Speaker 4: I just imagine all the guys in the huddle and then Dobb's getting the call and he's just repeating it, and all the guys were like, this is what I have. This like across the board, this is the protection.
Speaker 3: That's exactly fucking I got half that. We're going to figure out what goes on now. It's basically, hey, we're just running a boot here right, yeah, boot to the right look for us.
Speaker 1: And then Garrett our center, you know, he would he was like at the point where you know, because a lot of the time the quarterback will change or like telling you to to o it and stuff like that for the tackle, and Garrett's out there like, hey, Toto, you know, like calling all that stuff is probably taking it off.
Speaker 4: Having a smart center is the biggest, one of the biggest assets you can possibly have.
Speaker 1: Our whole line was like a quarterback out.
Speaker 3: There, Ben something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of guys a lot of times Tannheill wuondn't even wor well, tanneh will be great, but anybody else who was ever and there, Ben would be like, I'll just I'll do the protection and then that's one thing. The quarterback doesn't have to listen to it at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's kind of.
Speaker 4: Wait for Ben. He'll point one way back. I guess we're going this way. But Ben would also manipulate shit too. We'd be like we were playing Houston one time and it was like forty two to fourteen and JJ is at the nose and man goes, fuck it, are puts me one on one, and then everybody else is it'll r R sorry Taylor, my Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a deal, dude. They always have the best haircuts. Why because they go.
Speaker 4: To sport Clips, Dude, John McGarty. Because this month's sport Clips Haircuts is taking their MVP haircut experience to the ultimate level throughout the month of July. You get to relax twice and pay once because Ultimate MVP is the same price as the standard MVP. Also, just in time to beat the heat, not necessarily because it's absolutely the hottest has ever been in Nashville right now, the refreshing chilled towel is back. That means you get double the hot or chill towel action, double the what's that.
Speaker 3: Word, Suzzy satisfaction?
Speaker 4: Suy Sudsy is a tough word. It's a tough word.
Speaker 3: The D makes it hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the D throw it in there, sudsy satisfaction of a massage, shampoo and conditioning treatment. If they and if they could find away to double yours, don't laugh.
Speaker 3: Don't laugh.
Speaker 4: It makes it way harder for me to laugh. To double the sports on the screens, they would double that too. When it comes to your hair, go to the specialists who were trained in men's hair. Sport clips is the game change are valid at participating locations. Ends seven thirty one, twenty four.
Speaker 3: Hey, I appreciate the little.
Speaker 4: Mouse going across the line too, because my brain was kind of getting foggy there first, don't.
Speaker 3: Do the last. Don't you just got the mouse going across?
Speaker 1: Oh? There, it isn't Why we have that? Love it?
Speaker 3: That's awesome. We have some Uh, do you have anything else to hit? I have a couple of fun little segments. Let's do some segments.
Speaker 1: Shout out, no, free, shout out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me let me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go, I'm in on that.
Speaker 3: You sing to go pee?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been going for a while and it.
Speaker 3: Will make you feel better. I don't know if you're like me, my back and asses sweating violently over there, like leaning over. Yeah, now you can do it. Yeah, you can deviate it. However, so if you phillip bullets coming, you can either slide if you feel like you need to do a full slide and the back of block the one on the end, but you'd want to slide it away from the back so that way he can pick up the end and I have to go across the protection and I have to go across the formation.
Speaker 1: Yeah. They put me on a few this year. It's tough. Yeah, that Jordan Addison one when like right before half on the forty nine ers. Yeah, they put me one on one with Bosa fifty nine protection.
Speaker 3: How was that a.
Speaker 1: Die slow death? We've scored a touchdown?
Speaker 3: So you handle them.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I did my job.
Speaker 3: You win in nine times out of ten on Nick Bosa.
Speaker 1: Don't do that to me. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: I feel like tight ends they do get, they get, they do get a reputation of if you're one on one, if you're a pass rusher, if you're one on one with the tight end, you must win.
Speaker 4: Basically you have to win every single time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't always happen, but you.
Speaker 3: Pride yourself on the blocking.
Speaker 1: I do, I do all right, Yeah, I do my best.
Speaker 3: I gotta I can ever ask for. I got a couple of fun watch job done right, A couple of fun questions before we get into our segments. Number one prediction for Minnesota in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Like a record prediction.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's hear it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't know how many seventeen seventeen?
Speaker 3: You know, that's the only right answer.
Speaker 1: That is the right answer.
Speaker 3: Also, which my second question? Which quarterback chewed your ass the most?
Speaker 1: Oh? I got a couple I got. I got a couple of lickings from staff.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, that's what that would have been, my guess.
Speaker 1: But I but like that was the best thing for me. Productive like yeah, like it was. It was great. And I was a rookie and so like I was, I didn't really know like what was going on, so to have that and like and you know how you like, well maybe you don't, but like Staff is like one of those people that like doesn't really like he's not allowed talk or he's soft spoken, like and he's just a boy, Like he's one of the boys. So he wants to get closer. Like I went out to dinner with Staff and his wife and you know a few times, and then like on Sundays, like if I screwed something up, you'd get into me, and that that's like it's a good feeling, you know, Like I mean.
Speaker 3: Not just that. You remember what's one that like sits there and like, hey, Staff, remember that one time and you ripped my ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually caught a touchdown and he ripped me, but it was it was my fault one hundred pc. Like we were I can't remember who we were playing, but we were on like the three yard line and there was this play that he would check to, but the whole line was slide left and we'd leave the d N free and because a lot of the time, like the d N would have to carry the flat and then they would screw up. So it was like a three man set over on the right, and he checked to it, and like I was supposed to bluff the end to like make him think I was rushing rather than pull me to the flat, but I just kind of went to the flat, and then that leaves him a free runner, you know, rather than the end. So he was. He like turned around and he saw the defensive endcoming. He side arms it score a touchdown, and I was like, let's go. And then I just see Staff shaking his head, run to the sideline, and then when I get to the sideline, he just gives it. He lays it into me. But I needed it, like I was. I think that might have been my first or second year, and it was like, you know, you gotta know that stuff though, so it was like the little details, you know, but like so I appreciated it so like there was never anything where like I've never gotten an ass shooting where I'm like I didn't deserve it, you know, Like so I kind of respect it. And I was like, all right, go on my bad, Like I'll get it next time.
Speaker 3: You got you gotta touchdown. Yeah, Like hey, it's not good enough. This is not good. It's not the result.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you gotta love that.
Speaker 3: Oh you you want your prediction for Iowa.
Speaker 1: They're gonna be Nebraska. What uh? What's college football? Not twelve twelve games, eight win season for sure? So I'm gonna go nine and three?
Speaker 3: Okay, strong who they lose to pull up the schedule?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: Gonna get a wager.
Speaker 1: Amen, Yeah, I'm down. I'm in on that.
Speaker 3: Whoever loses you have to do a video saying that this school is basically like your alpha male, your daddy.
Speaker 1: And this program is better than our program. I'm in. I like that.
Speaker 4: You guys got a pretty pretty easy schedule here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, we might go twelve and al you guys are not.
Speaker 3: You guys are gonna.
Speaker 1: There's an Ohio state. I would say that one's a close one. Let's just call that one a loss, just to be fair, right, Washington, that'll be a tough one. Do you want to call that a loss two weeks in a row. I don't know if that can happen in her KF.
Speaker 3: Though, Washing is at Iowa too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think we get that one. Is u c l A any good this year?
Speaker 3: No, Wisconsin is gonna be tough?
Speaker 1: Man? Are they last year? They were the last?
Speaker 3: He's now into his second okay, his second year. I think they'll be tough.
Speaker 1: That will be a tough one. Michigan State's not ain't good anymore? Right, No, they're not any good? Yeah, okay, Wisconsin, I'll take that as a now. Okay, but where's the where's the one? More? I don't see the one looks like Friday? I like. I like ten and too. I like ten and two. I know we're not losing.
Speaker 3: It's always right after.
Speaker 1: I know we're not losing Black Friday. That's never a thing.
Speaker 3: That's what you'll do too. You lose, what you'll do to lose. You promote our Black Friday sale?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what's your black Wait? What's your Black Friday?
Speaker 3: Just like Bustings merch Off, you're talking about how great Nebraska is, how they're way better than we ever can think to be. Yeah Friday, Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I have to give you.
Speaker 4: Ten and two is not a.
Speaker 3: Bad not a bad deal there, it's not.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. That's very much.
Speaker 3: Is that what you guys were last year?
Speaker 1: No? I think we had nine, right, you might have been a ten win team last year. You guys might be, well, I don't know what's that because we lost that BS one with Cooper Michigan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he was not.
Speaker 1: I know it was not that it was a terrible And then like this like what what we're talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys are like a a smelly, a stinky good team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't always mean it looks good.
Speaker 4: Always pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they you know, they kind of they kind of have a stinch. It's never pretty, but it's beautiful, right, They kind of a stinch to them. We got to clean them up. How can we clean them up? Duke Cannon shout Out No Free Shoutout is presented by Duke Cannon. Product that's not for clowns. This thick body wash Buffalo trace. It is my favorite scent. You have the oak barrel and amber scent that'll have you. That'll leave you smelling good, not like a JV locker room. You'll be smelling good for the boys. You can pass them around the locker room. It's time to elevate your game by working harder and smelling better. Hold out oh no, as always the boys got a special code just for the Tier ones. Use code Tier one that's t I E R and the number one on Duke Cannon dot com for fifteen percent off your first order Duke Cannon, Work Harder, Smell Better. If you're unfamiliar with Shoutout no Free Shoutout, it's we're shouting out simple things of the world. Whether it can be a person It can be an event, it can be a little moment. Recently, I want to say Quentin Nelson, he shouted out or maybe he did the cold water fountains back in high school, back in the elementary school day JP, I want to shout out the wall, like a concrete wall something.
Speaker 1: I think I got one. Yeah, could be a person first, Yeah, sure?
Speaker 3: Or do you want to hear one of.
Speaker 1: Us go first?
Speaker 3: No? I got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out, no free, shout out right. Airport dryer hand dryers nowadays. I was washing my hands at the airport the other day. I flew back to Iowa City for like three hours and wash my hands. And they have them now where it's dual sided. It's right next to the to the wash, to the sink, and dual sided right there actually work because you know they never really work when you got the one pipe and then you're hitting it like yeah, but that one was legit. I really is that the one, the one right next to the sink, and it's like and it's both hands too, like you don't have to do one at a time. It's pert effects and in your brain thinking like how do I do this? It was a tat on top by the Saint. It was incredible. I was I was thoroughly impressed.
Speaker 4: Man, you gotta find that.
Speaker 1: That's one of the shout no free shout out to good shout out, thank you. This dude was nice.
Speaker 3: I do have one ahead my shout on no free shout out. I don't know how people are going to react to this, but overall it's a very positive thing. My old man he quit drinking. Really, yes, my dad quit drinking you see. Yeah, big big shout out to Bill Compton.
Speaker 4: Christmas is gonna suck this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Away till when he was telling my little brother Wyatt and Scott when they came over. He had them over and basically was like, I'm glad you guys both came here and got some bad news. And they thought it was like a really bad thing. He's like, I quit drinking beer, and they're like, what the fuck are you talking about? He quit drinking beer. He quit drinking alcohol, quit drinking alcohol. He's a beer guys.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: If he was like, I'm gonna go harder. Yeah, I mean this is this is somebody who puts down at least probably six eighty Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean Bill Staple is going to a party, finding the best chair, sitting in and putting in a lip it, and drinking as many cold beer as possibly can with a fact that is Bill Compton.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, but he quit man, he quit cold turkey and he said it was not hard really, And he shot me a text the other day. I asked how everything's going, because this is about this is about two weeks old, and I asked how he was doing. He said, I've been owning my mornings by by the way up before seven thirty, even on weekends, getting my walks in weights are getting up close to what I was doing a few years ago. So I'm fired up for Bill Compton drink and I think it's good that because he'll be watching this. It's good for the public accountability as well. So he's got to stay true to it, has to. But very fired up.
Speaker 4: And the minute if he does relapse it anyway, you have to call him out in this podcast.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you hear that, Dad, We have to call you out of releson anyway. But I'm fired up for him.
Speaker 4: But Christmas is cool, Bill, because I need you for digit houses.
Speaker 3: My house. It's like it doesn't count. Yeah, yeah, holidays don't count.
Speaker 4: The holidays don't count. My shout for show is not a small shout out, and it's going to go to o FB, which stands for oh Yeah, I'm a fuck boys Now. I went to a wedding in Canada, and this wedding was a unique wedding like I've never seen before.
Speaker 3: It was one hundred people. Everyone went to this big field, one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and eighty acres at this guy's property, and they had trailers. Everyone just stayed in trailers and everyone's kind of camping out and doing those things. And I meet Dallas Sanger, Dallas Sanger's tailor's cousin, my wife's cousin. And Dallas is a good boy, top notch cat. But I met his friends, and his friends were the best group of friends I have ever seen in my entire life. They all have o FB tattoo that they all gave each other. There's a tat, there's a tattoo gun that they're all sharing the same needle and tattooing each other different things. But that's not why I'm shouting them out. Everybody knows, like when you and your boys that have been around each other for a long time, go out and everybody gets drunk. But one guy gets too drunk where he starts getting like nostalgic interie eye and he wants to tell you how much he loves you. And it's like, bro, come on, it's not the You just know you got to put this guy to bed soon. What I witnessed at this wedding as the sun was setting at eleven pm in Canada, all these guys were equally that drunk, just loving each other. No one was the hey man, we don't got to do this right now. It was around a bonfire, and these boys sat there and told each other how much they loved each other. There were songs playing, They're singing as loud as they can. They know there's fifty people sitting around, but to those six seven boys, it was just them. And I sat back in a chair and just watched them, being like, that is the pinnacle of friend groups, something that probably none of us have ever experienced.
Speaker 6: It was, it was.
Speaker 4: It was one of the most beautiful, rare things I have ever seen in my entire life. So my shot goes to FB and myself I did get offered o FB.
Speaker 3: It's like, hey, how do I get in I declined, how do I get this tat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a bunch of good boys out there.
Speaker 1: Man good shout out, no free shadowt yeah.
Speaker 3: For this next segment that if you're watching, don't don't listen to this adtery. Twisted Tea a refreshing, hard eyed team made with real brew tea and five percent alcohol, full of flavor bever refreshing goes down super smooth because it's not carbonated, which is easy, makes it easy to drink all day long.
Speaker 4: It's three to twelve.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. Twisted tea feels fun and celebrates extreme fandom on game day. Keep it twisted with the boys. It is the perfect alcohol beverage for game day. Grab a refreshing twisted tea today. Our twisted question comes to us from Mitch. He says he has a.
Speaker 4: Good one as of right now. CF twenty five has been out for twelve minutes as of right now, So we gotta.
Speaker 1: This one.
Speaker 3: This one not the rush off. It's been a great You've been awesome, this has been a great.
Speaker 1: Appreciate Yes, appreciate it.
Speaker 5: This one comes from JP.
Speaker 1: Come from JP.
Speaker 3: Hovey.
Speaker 5: Would you rather be an unknown superhero or a famous villain.
Speaker 1: That's uh, unknown superheroknown superhero.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it's easy. I think you all flirt with the idea of like, yeah, you could be a badass villain that's known, and you're just you're calling your own shots.
Speaker 1: It's like the Joker. I'm pretty low key though. I'd rather just I don't need to be famous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just thinking of my brain. Like when you get those RPG games and you get to either go villain or good guy. You start off thinking about the idea of being a villain, and it's a video game, so nobody's gonna know, right, but you ultimately end up making the good decisions just to get back in good favor with the crowd and the town and everything else.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna go with unknown hero.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go villain, just being like the first person that always comes to mind is the Joker from Dark Knight, and that is all time, just calling your shots.
Speaker 3: Doing what you want. Everyone knows. You don't know what his moves are because you don't know.
Speaker 4: If you're a super famous villain, you know you're known for being just multiple steps ahead of the government, and that's mad and that's bad ass.
Speaker 3: I'll take that. I'll take the villain. Good question.
Speaker 1: That a great question, good question. What do you go with you? I would go unknown hero for sure. Yeah, I mean be on, be on a bunch of land, just be able to break and do whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Be Clark Kent.
Speaker 1: Oh so sick? Yeah? Where are some were some glasses? Nobody knows who you are? So sick?
Speaker 3: Have superpowers? You a superhero, unknown.
Speaker 4: Hero, superhero super change the game a little bit so you couldn't go play a sport, right, I mean Superman? And you're like, I don't really feel like protecting people. I'm just gonna go be the best football player ever. Never get hurt, never get tackled.
Speaker 3: In Small Bill, which is based around uh, Superman, he was a very good high school football player, did just enough. I remember one time he was throwing the ball and right when you release it, he ran somewhere save somebody, stop something from happening, and got back in just to get hit and throw the game winning touchdown. Yeah, well you tell me Superman didn't make the league. I'm just saying. In Small Villa, in this show, which was a phenomenal show, and shout out my boy logan that we watch this every week. This is one of our soap operas every week. All right, banger show ba. Remember remember like him and him and Lana they had their relationship. And I remember when the song that Lifehouse song hits super hard. What was what was the name of that song? Hey, type in type in uh, Smallville, Lifehouse, Lifehouse, incredible song. You would know it.
Speaker 1: We will, we will all know this because.
Speaker 3: It's you and me and all of the people and nothing. Because he loved Lana's It's almost like he didn't know how to tell her all the time. But this is a classic bad acting storyline show. You would love it back in the day. Back in the day, this was great. This was a great routine Smallville. And then you'd also hit one Tree Hill the next day.
Speaker 1: Lana reminds me of Too Hot to Handle. You've seen that show. My wife watches it all the time. It's right there.
Speaker 4: God, she's a fox, but yeah she's no topanga.
Speaker 3: Who she's no topanga, but she's a great one. Topanga was our age groups, Like, I mean, that was the come up, that was the crush. Yeah, that was I think everybody in our age groups first crush. Yeah to Panga, maybe maybe he's he's younger than us. Who is your like celebrity crush in the TV show World Growing.
Speaker 1: Up TV Show, I was a big friends guy, so Jennifer Andnsen. Yeah, that's a good one. But Megan Fox and.
Speaker 3: Transformers, that's a movie. She took everybody's heart, and he said, show its changed me.
Speaker 1: She did take everyone's hearts.
Speaker 4: Dizzy Change to bring their original movies.
Speaker 3: Patty Mayonnaise. Oh yeah, get into the animated Halloween.
Speaker 1: Halloween Sneaky.
Speaker 3: Just out of nowhere. She looks so different. Now, that's one of the most iconic photos of all time. You can put that one next how is your body moving like that? Put that one next to Trump Johnny Cash with the middle finger. That might be top three photos. Oh, there's been a fun podcast, boys, DJ, thank.
Speaker 1: You man, appreciate you guys having me.
Speaker 3: Hell, it's been a great. Yeah, this has been a great. Got to start with the goods, you know, put on our tinfoil hats, talk about the president or talk about the foreign president Trump, and then get into a dive into all.
Speaker 1: See what happens. We'll see what happens.
Speaker 3: Where my bud goes, subscribe, leap comments. If you are listening on audio, make sure you're following the boys on Spotify and Apple podcasts, and let all your boys know, let the group chats know. We got to get the subscribers up. Oh not to mission and shout out, shout out sorry we forgot to hit it, but shout out to you guys. We got up to I think each of you. We rounded it up. So everybody on the on the back of the bus gets a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: There we go, but.
Speaker 3: Official month, JP and Jack especially, thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: See ya love it because
Speaker 3: It's you and me.