Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greyfell.
Speaker 3: All right, a lot of green on the screen, so I had a lot to choose from. So let's go to it. Seagate Technology up about five point six percent in today's session. Western Digital also higher, up about three percent. I bring them two names up. They were outperformers in both of the major equity averages. Morgan Stanley raising its price target on Seagate, the computer hardware and storage company, to five hundred and eighty two a share from four hundred and sixty eight. The firm also named Seagate its top pick, seeing long term tailwinds related to AI. The analyst there citing signs of sustain hyperscaler demand strength, elongating customer visibility, firmer pricing into twenty twenty seven, and an overall improving HDD and market due to AI related demand. They put overweight ratings on both Seagate and Western Morgan, recommending adding aggressively to them in periods of market related volatility. Morgan also lifting its price target and Western Digital to three eighty from three sixty nine. So Sagate up about five point six percent. In Western Digital, I gain a more than three percent. All right, let's flip it on over to app Love and another call from Wall Street. This was I believe the number one gator in both the S and P and the NASDAQ one hundred. Wells Fargo analyst raising the firm's price target on app leven to five sixty from five forty three. Is sharestock closed at four to twelve and change, so quite a move to the upside if it hits those targets. Keeps an overweight rating on the shares. The firm says checks are improving and buyside sentiment is negative. Wellsee's a positive setup into the first quarter earnings per share. Channel checks suggest that the first quarter IA industry growth above normal seasonality. At loven holding share in Meta Platforms Progress Limited, the firms adds a lot of analysts speak there, but anyway, our performance there that went up almost seven percent today and one last we don't talk about it a lot Monolithic power. This went up about five and a half percent in today's session. Number four gainer in the S and P five hundred reader interest increasing, no real fundamental reason. It's a semiconductor device company, Power solutions for industrial, telecom, auto, cloud and some more. Up nearly thirty percent yere to date. Just kind of wanted to single it out because there was a lot of momentum there. So okay, there you have it. Okay, you got are you judging over it? You know we didn't miss this last week. Tom, what do you got?
Speaker 1: All right, I'll jump in here. How's that? Let's start with some of the decliners that were notable at least to me. Tesla down more than two percent. Interesting note coming out from JP Morgan analysts who said investors should proceed with caution because the ev makers and danger of weaker perfom foremanths cutting earning estimates for the company after those first quarter delivery numbers that we got last week disappointed investors. JP Morgan lowering its EPs estimate for the first quarter to thirty cents from forty three cents and its twenty twenty six outlook to a dollar eighty from two dollars. Also, its twenty twenty seven forecast came down as well. But this is my favorite one of decliners.
Speaker 4: Let's see it.
Speaker 1: This is for Isabelle Invesco. Look at this IVZ.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, that was big news. Written by Katie Grandfel.
Speaker 1: This is huge news. Down five percent today. The company is going after the NASDAQ one hundred the ques the I shares NASDAQ one hundred ETF. It would trade under the ticker IQQ. If it does launch, it would become one of just a handful of US listed ETFs to solely track the Nasdaq wander. It would be the first one to not be managed by Investco Isabell. Why would this Why did this take so long? Like why isn't there more competition for QQQ?
Speaker 4: I think Invesco had the license for the longest time, and now I think maybe they trust Blackrock and they said, sure, you can do it. But I think the big story here is Invesco said they're creating a foundational ETF ecosystem that does not happen overnight, and there was only one QQQ. That's what Invesco said, And again it's written by Katie Granfeld. I thought it was a really sassy and good response.
Speaker 1: Right, she's not working, but she's I guess she's working. She's on assignment chairs for Invesco. Shares down more than five percent. Finally watching what happened with shares of Oracle today. Some personnel changes at the company. Hillary Maxon will be at CFO. It'll help navigate, She'll help navigate massive data center development plans and an accompanying cash crunch. Oracle pouring tens of billions of dollars into building AI infrastructure that's required unprecedented financial maneuvering. It's projective result of the company being free cashual and negative all the way to twenty thirty. Shares were down much of the day, then went you know, into the grain, very, ever so slightly, but still finishing the day down six tenths of one percent.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.