Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our two of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Working back Tucky Sports Radio here at the KOs Bar and Grail Wings day Dollar Wings all day and night. Come on out and have lunch or dinner. This guy right here, he came in but smile on his face, sitting down to eat, and gave me the great news. He was like, your left for your tires flat? And I thought, well, I mean, he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's not I mean, he's I'm a tire expert. And then I went outside in my left for your tires flat. I don't know how that happened.
Speaker 2: Well, if you need a segment off to go, put the spear on, Drew and I can handle this.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty good at that.
Speaker 4: But like, uh, I may let other people practice on it.
Speaker 6: You can.
Speaker 5: Michelle right there has got a pump right across the street.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I have a couple, but right, you're jack right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I have like three jacks, and three three Jackson is unnecessarily one. The hard part would be in case I see people on the side road, Shannon, I need to help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna put a somebody's car up on blocks with three jacks.
Speaker 2: The hard part would be cleaning out the back to get to the spare tire and the jack all the stuff in the back of your car.
Speaker 4: So that wasn't really uh, that wasn't really good steaks steaks, but uh, thank you for telling me that, sir, You're you get two dollars weeks today. Through throughout the rest of the day. Eight f nine, twenty two eighty seven. Kobe Brea. Uh, Kobe Brea opened some eyes there at the NBA Combine. He shot fifty seven percent on all shots, which is like six or seventh best of.
Speaker 6: All the players.
Speaker 4: But more importantly, I saw kind of getting some good buzz, uh seeing some mock drafts where he's risen to the top of the second round instead of instead of at the bottom. Kobe Brea might get drafted, Drew. That's kind of exciting, isn't it.
Speaker 7: I think at this point I'd be surprised if he's not drafted, if we're to believe all these mock drafts. Once the once the order was set, uh two nights ago, every publication there is put one out yesterday, and I think they all consider him somewhere in the second round, some in the back of the second round, but some as high as right away in the second so I'm expecting it when the draft gets here. And he measured really well. A lot of these guys, you see what they have in their college media guys and they get to the combine, it's like four inch difference.
Speaker 5: I think he was right at six seven. It was it was a good size.
Speaker 4: For one of those two dudes at Rutgers. I get him confused, but what Base Bailey. He was listed by Rutgers at six ten and then they measured him he was six seven and a half, which that'll that will hurt you. He's probably now not going to be a top three pick because of his measurements.
Speaker 7: Kobe Bray was six five and three quarters barefoot. I don't know why they do barefoot, but put some shoes on him, and that's right around six seven.
Speaker 6: It's weird because you don't play bear exactly.
Speaker 5: So he's getting great reviews from the combine. That's good though.
Speaker 2: It's it's awesome because we saw him become a better player as the season went on. He was just a spot up shooter to start with. By the time the season end that he was creating his own shot. He was getting you know, making the moves to get open so we can get a shot off. He's he's earned that right to play in the NBA.
Speaker 4: He's yeah, do you think he will become any like will he play in the NBA? I mean his defense, His defense was an issue here, so it's hard to imagine how it's not in the NBA.
Speaker 6: But what do you think.
Speaker 7: I think some miles storm on the bench and use him. I mean, hopefully that defense improved. It got a lot better at the very end of the year. By tournament time, he was defending pretty well. But it still has a ways to go to get a lot of minutes. But I do think he'll be wearing a uniform and getting minutes sparingly somewhere just because how he shoots so well.
Speaker 4: He's a perfect example of how it is so hard for a lot of college fans to project the NBA. Because if you were looking at Kentucky's team last year and you were saying, okay, who are the best players, you probably would have ranked him like fifth or sixth. You know, you would have said, uh Otega, you know, Jackson Robinson, Lamont Butler, Amari Williams, maybe even Andrew Carr before he got hurt. But the NBA is looking for one specific set of skill sets, and fifteen years ago those skill sets were athleticism and that still matters. But now shooting is a lot more of what that skill set is, and he has it more consistently than those other guys.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt about it that it's a shooters league and that's one thing he can do well. I've learned over the years. I've been burned a couple of times saying that guys will never play in the NBA. Like I remember I said Winning Gabriel will never play in the NBA, Jared Vanderbilt. These guys surprised me, and he can do the thing the NBA coaches want done that shoot the basketball.
Speaker 6: It happens.
Speaker 4: I think a lot more now in the NBA that they see guys and they are putting you into a slot unless you're a superstar, you know, unless you're Anthony Edwards or whatever. They're saying, Okay, I need a big who can do this. I need a wing who can shoot. I need a three and D guy, right, I need a point guard who can do this.
Speaker 6: And if you can do that, they'd.
Speaker 4: Rather have that than say a Jackson Robinson, who can do a lot of things well but isn't necessarily a superstar at anything.
Speaker 7: And three pointing shooting is such a priority now, like the guys Ryan mentioned, nothing against the pass coach, but you know that some guys just weren't allowed to shoot threes here, and then in one summer before they get the NBA, they prove they have a shot, like guys like Julius Randall just knocking down threes consistently. I mean, he's a big example. He's a superstar, but anyone that can make a three has a shot in the NBA.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then Boogie Flanned from Arkansas, who at one point probably would have been the point guard, would have been the point guard here at Kentucky.
Speaker 6: He is withdrawing from the draft.
Speaker 4: He's a perfect example of how nil has changed college sports.
Speaker 6: This is a dude who certainly would have been in the draft, but he's withdrawing even.
Speaker 4: Though he could have still been a first round pick because there's more money for him in college. Most people think he's going to go to Florida and be the point guard there. Surprised, Are you surprised Col's gonna.
Speaker 6: Lose a point guard?
Speaker 7: He's actually slipped really far. Cal even put out a tweet a few weeks ago about how he's a first round pick. I think everyone had him as a second and I saw if a dude doesn't go first round, this will be Cal's first year not having a first rounder since like two thousand and seven. Really, yeah, so all the pressures on a due who's also projected fringe kind of more so second round right now. But uh, with flanned, I'm really surprised that didn't work out, especially when he got hurt. A lot of us thought he was kind of just getting ready for the NBA.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, do you think if he hadn't got hurt he would have been a first round pick? Did the injury kind of derail? I don't think he was playing great.
Speaker 4: I mean, I I you know, not to not to pick on cow, but I want you to think about the slippage in point guards from Cal. Let's even go back to Memphis through the last few years. Let's just let's just relate who the Cal Perry point guards have.
Speaker 6: Been in the last few years.
Speaker 4: Started with Derrick Rose, Tyreek Evans, John Wall, Brandon Knight, Marcus Tige, Andrew Harrison Tyler, Ulssdaron Fox, Shae Gilgess, Alexander Right, go through that list. Now let's look at what the post COVID point guards were Devin ask you, Severe Wheeler, DJ Wagner and now Boogie Flynn. That's a massive drop off. And if you want to talk about the drop off in Cal as a coach, is that the explanation drew that you started with these guys who were able to dominate have pro careers, and then you end with guys who are not first round picks and might not even play in the league.
Speaker 7: Especially when he's so you know, so much of giving him in the dribble drive, you know, go and attack, and then you end up with Devin Rescuing who picks up his dribble at half court, and Severe Wheeler who couldn't really do it that well. I think years from now, when we look back at Cal's career, you will have to talk about pre COVID and post COVID. I don't know what happened, but I've seen a lot of night and day difference in him as the talent he's using. It could also just be with Portal and NL. It might not just be the COVID year. But it is it has been a completely different story around him since that twenty nineteen twenty twenty sex and.
Speaker 5: He also went away.
Speaker 4: I mean, in that group of post COVID guys, there are some dudes who are pretty good that he wouldn't.
Speaker 6: Let play point guard.
Speaker 2: So I was gonna say Case.
Speaker 4: Wallace, ty Ty Washington, even Davyon Mintz, he wouldn't John L. Davis who played a little point guard at Florida Atlantic, and then he didn't let him play.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 7: It's Rob should have been the starter. Let's just let's go ahead and say it. Rob could have been one on the list.
Speaker 6: Okay, so do it.
Speaker 4: So think about think about what that list is of Devin, ask you Severe Wheeler, DJ Wagner, and and what that list could have been, which would have been Davion Mintz, ty Ty Washington, Cason Wallace, Rob Dillingham.
Speaker 2: That's a different feel, that's a different list. I gotta be honest, though, I really thought DJ was going to be that guy. You know, we talked about him for years until he got here. I thought he was going to be in that same I did conversation as the great cal point guard. It just it just didn't happen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Who's up next, shit, Bradley, Bradley, go ahead, Bradley, Hey.
Speaker 8: Man, I just had a quick question for you. For the longest time, you always said that we shouldn't choose coaches just because they have a connection to the university. But now that we have Pope, has that tune changed or did we just get lucky with Pope?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: I still feel the same way.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 4: Again, you let's go back to when Pope was hired. If you look at who the candidates were, I think he would equally as qualified as the candidates that we were down to at the time. So I think my opinion over the years has been, if it's a tie, you could give it to the Kentucky guy, But if it is not a tie, you picked the best coach. I think when you get down to the final two candidates were Shaka Smart and Mark Pope, then to me, it's a tie and you take Mark Pope. But if the university had allowed them to hire Bruce Pearl or Nate Oates, I think you would have hired Bruce Pearl or Naate Oates. And I think even Mark Pope would have probably understood that, but that's not how it played out. So my position is still the same. I mean, take John Shire, Duke doing a great job recruiting, should have won a national championship last year. Mike Krzyzewski probably wins a national championship with that group.
Speaker 6: Last year.
Speaker 4: Duke hired a dude who had never coached before. Carolina hired Hubert Davis, who had never coached before. I think when you got a job like that, you get the best dude, Drew you can get, and then that's that. Yeah, in maybe go ahead, sir.
Speaker 8: Sorry, So do you think that Pope still would have been one of the top candidates even if he hadn't have played at UK?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Maybe?
Speaker 5: I mean it depends again.
Speaker 4: Once, once the university made the decision that they were not gonna hire Nat Oates, Bruce Pearl, Chris Beard or Sean Miller, which that decision was made, you can argue whether it should have been or not, but that decision was made by the higher ups in the university. Then Mark Pope to me, was just as qualified as everybody else. I mean, who's the coach at Louisville right now, Pat Kelsey? Did he do a good job. Did you know who he was before he coached before he got the Louisville job?
Speaker 5: Probably not.
Speaker 4: Look at the coach at Michigan, Dusty May. How many people knew who he was? Probably not many. So I think it's a different era of hiring coaches. You can't just go steal the big name. And yes, I think I appreciate the call. If you look at who was available and who Kentucky was allowed to hire, Mark Pope was as qualified as any of them.
Speaker 7: I haven't wrote a list before he even got hired. I had him tenth, but like all the way through, six or seven were crossed off because some they wouldn't talk to, some would turn him down. I think I had Todd Golden ahead of him and ended up that looking like pretty good. But uh, once Pope had that one year at b YU before we hired him, that put him on the list because it was their first year in the Big twelve. I think they finished fourth. Before that, he didn't really have the resume, but that one season I think really took him up to the next tier of coaches.
Speaker 4: But look at Todd Goldan, he came from San Francisco, right Nate Oates came from Buffalo. I mean, those dudes came from small schools. Mark Pope was at BYU, had had some success. He's as qualified as those dudes were before they took their jobs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I've just seen true.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 5: All beautiful dudes.
Speaker 2: It's a fair question. The guy asked, if you take away Mark Pope's UK basketball career, would he have been considered as a head coach? And I think Drew hit it that the one year that what he was able to do turning around BYU made them a power. I think kind of opened some eyes in the coaching world.
Speaker 7: They lost the tournament game to Dukane or whatever it was, but that was their first year in the Big twelve, and he actually had a great season all things considered. I think that put him on a lot of lists. I mean, you're right to be fair. Would he have been hired if he hadn't gone to Kentucky? Probably not. But would you rather have Shaka Smart because that's who.
Speaker 6: It would have been.
Speaker 5: I didn't really want him anyway.
Speaker 6: I think that's who.
Speaker 8: Like.
Speaker 4: Let's say Mark Pope didn't exist, SHACKA Smart's the coach here?
Speaker 6: Is that better? Not?
Speaker 5: For me. No, not really.
Speaker 6: I mean Chock is good, but he failed at Texas. Yeah, so would you have wanted to try it here?
Speaker 5: You know? I'm not sure?
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: Hey, Wildcat fans.
Speaker 4: Club Blue is the official and aile fundraising partner at the University of Kentucky and they're excited to introduce Club Blue Kids. Remember this is for your kid fans, all right. It's totally free to join.
Speaker 2: Free free.
Speaker 6: Guess what the kids get?
Speaker 2: Tell me about it? T shirt, a nice.
Speaker 4: Membership card, and an official lanyard. Can you imagine your kid run around and going, I'm official.
Speaker 6: Official. Kids like things like that, don't they.
Speaker 2: Yes, they also like boxes and free t shirts and tape. Give a kid an empty cardboard box and some tape, they're happy.
Speaker 5: And then throwing a lanyard. There you go.
Speaker 4: Club blueanisl dot com. Big things are on the way. Have your kid join Club Blue Kids. It's where future Wildcaps rep the Blue with pride at Club Blue.
Speaker 6: Kids dot Com. We'll take a break and be right back.
Speaker 5: Tape.
Speaker 6: Yes is KSR. Welcome back, It's Tucky Sports Radio. Frill.
Speaker 2: Do you want me to go put your spar on? I'll do it for you.
Speaker 5: Uh. No, they're come to take care of Mario can Filmis. We'll do it. I've had to do it too. You.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you need to go somewhere, I could do it.
Speaker 6: It's fine.
Speaker 5: This this guy, that's very nice.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's why, as hard a time as I give you your your you're like the nicest too.
Speaker 2: Well, we're all band of brothers. We got to reach out and help each other when they need some help.
Speaker 3: I should buy some of the catfish for lunch to fish brothers.
Speaker 6: Just not in an actual war.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure any of us would really be good in an actual war.
Speaker 4: Who do you think would be if you were if you were in the trenches in World War One? Of the six of us, who who would you want the most combination of all the skills needed.
Speaker 5: I'd say none of us are coming home, but I would.
Speaker 2: Shannon has a wrestling championship belt.
Speaker 5: It's not yahoo.
Speaker 2: I can shoot, and he's from Blood County.
Speaker 6: Can you can you you can shoot a gun? Yeah? But like good, well, yes I can. Shannon first, he's first. I'm certainly last. I don't.
Speaker 4: I can't shoot a gun. I'm a big target. I probably mouth off to the other side.
Speaker 3: You would get it started.
Speaker 7: You would walk out into the field and try to talk first Germans, my man, my man, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Like why are we out here?
Speaker 4: And then it's not I like comfort, so I would be last.
Speaker 6: I think that's you know, that's the way it goes.
Speaker 4: I have I need help with everybody listening with something you tire. Tomorrow is the start of the new Matt Jones Show. It'll air on Thursday nights at six o'clock on w h A. S Is it on here in Lexington? Do we know yet? I think it is. Let's just say it is. If it's not, we'll we'll force him to. It's on six o'clock. It's gonna be every I mean it's gonna be every week. I'm gonna be talking to somebody new about everything. My first ever Matt Jones podcast, the guest was Beaumonti Jones, so I'm bringing him back to be the first guest on this one. But we'll have a ton of people over things, and then we're restarting the podcast as a podcast too.
Speaker 6: So you'll be able.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you when it's up on all the sites and you can get it, but they're very big on making me have a name for it. And I can't call it the Matt Jones Podcast because I already did that. Plus it's on the radio. But it feels like the Matt Jones Show is kind of a blame name. Can you think of a name that would be a good name.
Speaker 2: We Jay Wadas would just call it the MJ Show.
Speaker 5: There you go, MJ.
Speaker 4: So I'm up for suggestions from the listeners seven seven two seven seven four five two five four they you know, one of the people with iHeart was like, call it conversations and I was like, that sounds like I'm on MPR, you know, drinking a lot time, talking really off conversations with Matt Jones.
Speaker 6: I'm not calling saxophone.
Speaker 2: Get yelled at by Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of yell at anybody. You remember I did this during COVID. I would bring people on and talk.
Speaker 2: It was really popular.
Speaker 4: People really like it. So that's what we're doing. But if you do you if you have a suggestion, I'm open to it.
Speaker 6: Do you have one?
Speaker 2: No, I'm thinking I'm thinking, all right, well do you think about it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're a little on the spot. We'll come up with something, but uh.
Speaker 4: You know, it'll probably start tomorrow called the Matt Jones Show, but I'm open to changing it to something else as we keep going.
Speaker 6: I consider calling it nose Whistle.
Speaker 2: Well, that would be attractive. People were like, what is this talking about? What's what's the nose whistle?
Speaker 6: It's attractive the words you were looking.
Speaker 2: For attractive to the listeners.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just think though if you just saw it, if you don't, you wouldn't know what it is. You know, Rio designed the graphic yesterday. You have a new one for me to look at, all right, send it to me there, right, thank you.
Speaker 5: The first one didn't pass well.
Speaker 4: The first one he just showed me and it looked like I was angry and I'm trying to project positivity on this show.
Speaker 5: So these are attractive conversations you're having.
Speaker 6: That's right. Who's up next.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Francis.
Speaker 6: Francis, go ahead, Francis.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, shout out to Ryan Fellow. Owis Borian. You know went to Catholic High and Brescia and I went to UK for med school. It's great to talk to you. I think I have a good question for you.
Speaker 6: Matt Okay.
Speaker 10: So I saw Mark Pope's latest press conference. He went through all the players. I don't know. I think he left out Cam Williams, but I'm not have missed that. So I have a limited I don't have a frame of reference. I've been to Kentucky basketball fan since I was a kid turning on katevid Lefford on top of the TV broadcast, and you know, he talked a lot about you know, hear a lot about Kentucky's unique. It's special, right, And for me it is because it's the only sports team I've ever followed. I took a wrong turn on Interstate thirty four years ago, and I've been in New York practice and medicine. You have a better perspective being around the sports war with you guys, Shannon and Brian and everything. What objectively speaking, Like, I'm I already believe it's the best, But what do I know objective? But what makes really Yeah.
Speaker 6: That's a great question.
Speaker 4: I would say if you were to rank programs in college basketball in terms of what is quote unquote the best program, there's really only a case for four. In my opinion, Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke in Kansas, and they each have their strengths. I think North Carolina has like a swagger factor that goes back really to Michael Jordan, right, the tar heel Blue, you know, that that whole thing that that there's.
Speaker 6: Just kind of a mystique around that.
Speaker 4: I think Duke has the brand national they were hated for so long they have They've been good for forty straight years and really, with the exception of a couple of years, good every year. They might have the best national brand. I think Kansas has the best home environment and the best history of just like it feels like history. But Kentucky has the best fans. I mean, Kentucky fans care more than any other fans, and so because of that, the Big Blue Nation. We still have a great history, we still have a great environment, and I think we have probably the second best brand now, but we have the best fans, and I think when you combine all those, Kentucky comes on top because if Duke's the best brand, we're the second. Right, If the best home environment is Kansas and Duke's second, we're probably third. And if the best NBA mystique is Carolina, we're probably second. And you could argue in the last twenty were probably first. So with all of that, I think I would put us at top first overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then to back it up, you have to win. You have to be successful. Think he's got the most title.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's exactly most wins those are obviously very important. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you got the fan base and you you get the success that can mix put them on top.
Speaker 4: We're the only program that's been good in every decade. We're the only one, and I do think that's important.
Speaker 2: That's important.
Speaker 6: We'll take a break and be right back. It's Kentucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: A Smith personal injury attorney called TJ He'll make them pay.
Speaker 3: Now more of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 6: Good suggestions coming in on the show. Names. Thank you all? Uh like some really some good ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like appreciate the conversation. Maybe a little long, but I like it because.
Speaker 6: It connects to the audience. Connects to the audience.
Speaker 4: Conversation doesn't feel like the perfect word, but I might be able to figure out you can do.
Speaker 7: Appreciate our conversation and caught aoc for short tie in your political allegiance to it.
Speaker 4: The Matt Chat Matt Chat, Jones Zone Jones Jones Zone Wow, like Bill O'Reilly no spin? Since you mentioned the AOC can I tell you two things that make me a little mad this week, and I'm it's gonna be one on each side, so everybody don't get mad. Give me a chance to say both of them. First of all, the more that comes out about the way the people in the White House hid Biden's kind of slip, especially last summer or summer twenty twenty four, is pretty bad.
Speaker 6: It's pretty disgraceful. I don't blame him.
Speaker 4: He can't help it, right, But it was clear they knew in the months leading up to the debate that he was slipping, and they actively apparently tried to hide it. They would make video. They would when he would walk, they would slow the video down so that it looked like he was walking normal speed. He met, He met George Clooney, who had known for twenty years and didn't know, didn't recognize, didn't recognize. George Clooney, pretty famous person, somebody had been one of his biggest donors, if you remember. George Clooney. Right after that announced that somebody that he should drop out. That's probably what the reason, that's probably why he did it. Yeah, you owe that to America to tell people not just because we want to win the election, because he is the president of the United States. So that is I don't blame him, he was an old man, but the people around him, that's you can't do that. You can't be and I apparently they say they didn't do it because they thought he was their only chance to win.
Speaker 5: You know, that's not a reason to right.
Speaker 4: So that's one thing. Other thing, I don't care what anyone says. You can write me on on on the text machine. I ain't changed my mind on this. It is a horrible look for the president of the United States to take a free plane from Qatar and then keep it when he's done. That is bribery, plane and simple a country that has over the years supported terrorism to just basically bribe the president out.
Speaker 6: In the open.
Speaker 4: You can go, oh, the Buden family did this. Well, if that's the case, then that's wrong too. But this is out in the open. And you know, I give credit to some of the Republican commentators who are like, if Joe Biden said, I'm taking a plane and when I'm done, I'm keeping it. Come on, that's a ridiculous. And so you gotta on both those things. I don't care who you support. You gotta have standards. We have to have a president who if he has mental deterioration, you don't hide it. And we have to have a system where you can't just pay off the president four hundred million dollar plane and say when you're done, all can keep it.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 4: Those two things are ridiculous because people hate each other so much. Now in politics, we are accepting things that we would have never as a country accepted. Tenured neither one of those things would have been considered acceptable fifteen years ago, and now all of a sudden, everybody takes up for it.
Speaker 5: It annoys me.
Speaker 2: You think to be a big, huge public outcry on both of those situations.
Speaker 6: They should.
Speaker 4: Now the Biden thing, we didn't really know, but there were people that did and they didn't say any should have and they should have. That's just, you know, that's just how it is. You go on the game tonight, sir, you're going say it with the Rose shirt?
Speaker 2: Well, enjoy I just thought I saw it was Pete Rose shirt.
Speaker 6: All right, So I just need to I just wanted to say.
Speaker 5: Those two things.
Speaker 4: Was that a teaser for a I'm not saying what I'm doing on that show necessarily, but I just you know, people gotta say stuff. We are accepting things that we would never accept, and then we're defending it because we like that because we want our side to win. And that's nonsense. You cannot do that. That's how this country slips is when you start to finding stuff that you know is bad just because it's your side.
Speaker 6: You can't do that, all right, who's next? Mark Anthony, Mark Anthony.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, Bay, Good morning gentlemen. Hey Matthew, your show? Is it going to be sports centric or is it.
Speaker 6: Just it'll be everything except UK sports.
Speaker 4: That'll be the only thing I don't talk about, but it'll be sports, it'll be other.
Speaker 11: Stuff, So okay, all right. Then, Secondly, a big shout out to Bellman Baseball for last night. Carmen.
Speaker 6: What happened.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened level the number one bell beating the web gym.
Speaker 7: He robbed him at the end, ran into the wall for the last out of the of the game. It was an awesome catch.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: I didn't know that. Very cool.
Speaker 11: I can't believe this is our two and you'll have that yet I didn't know.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, that's on me. I didn't know that happened.
Speaker 11: And I know we're switching over to basketball right now, but I have to rant just for a second on this Pete Rose thing. Everybody knew Pete was going to be in the Hall of Fame because his numbers earned that spot for him. But I think it's pity and small to hold it until the man his dad before he gets his flowers. I just think that it's it's just pity, and it just rubbed me the wrong way. I just don't think that's right.
Speaker 4: Totally understand, appreciate the call, Totally understand. We're showing the man here, showing me the player right here, man on third. If he doesn't catch that, wow, Wow, he doesn't catch that, it's a tie. That was like an over the head basket.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 7: Slamming in the wall Louisville and since ninety one, that's an amazing catch.
Speaker 2: Great catch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean to end the game that way. It doesn't get any better'st the wall and.
Speaker 6: That's your team. You guys got to make you happy, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, we never had the chance to play D one teams, but I'm that's.
Speaker 6: So funny that they just beat Louisville.
Speaker 4: I was driving down by Extra Avenue the other day and they were playing somebody and there were like thirty people there, and I remember thinking, it's kind of crazy, that's a D one baseball team or whatever.
Speaker 6: And then and then a few days later they beat they beat Little So.
Speaker 7: Their first ever top twenty five win. Yeah, rethrowing L's down last night, Shannon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, Well well actually I can't. I'll be honest with you. I didn't find out till this morning, but I wanted this morning, not last night, this morning.
Speaker 2: Tell us you there.
Speaker 6: That's very very very very cool. Who's up next. Let's go to John, John, go ahead, John.
Speaker 12: Hey, Matt, So, a couple of days ago, you were talking about how you work any callers, and you were saying your phrase because you're cutting people off. But I was having the time of my life because in the first thirty minutes, the first two people didn't realize they were on the air. You had five old men calling about Bill Bellistick's girlf friend and a lady asking you about thisler, So bro, let me just tell you you can cut us off. It's okay. We need it sometime.
Speaker 4: Thank you though, but it did. It has kind of picked back up after I started letting people do that. So that's that's okay.
Speaker 2: You're going to try to make it to the third you said through tomorrow, I know.
Speaker 6: One more day. Yeah, tomorrow though tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Those that ask anything Thursday, So I'm a little worried about that.
Speaker 7: But you know, we see we've already I had the under you've already you've already passed that. I didn't think you'd make it as far as I don't think you get through Monday, to be honest.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, you know we're proud of you.
Speaker 6: It was hard when the guys were like, my girl finished twenty two and I'm eighty one.
Speaker 4: That was that was that was a little that was a little difficult, but you know we still.
Speaker 5: Were able to able to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Drew and I old there could cut this guy off. We're we're wanting to cut those guys off.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you very much, appreciate the call.
Speaker 5: You know, we.
Speaker 4: The I learned something that I didn't know was still the case. They I saw the headline Libby Done is the cover of the SI Swimsuit Issue.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know they still did that, did you?
Speaker 2: They went through an erow where like they they were naked, like all the athletes were naked and they were Body Issue.
Speaker 4: That's a different magage, different also, and that was the ESP and the body and what of course that's your reaction.
Speaker 6: They went through an era where they were naked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was athletes.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna go to you. Uh, did you know that still existed?
Speaker 7: You know, I've seen like they'll do online. I don't do you still have a print version. I knew it's still existing because they've had a lot of famous people step in the only models. But you know, when I was a kid, I used to make sure I had the copy, took it. I don't know if they still don't put it out like they just take it.
Speaker 6: That my mom took it from out of the mailbox before you got home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I subscribed to Sports Illustrate. When I was a kid, Sports Illustrated came on Thursdays. It was my favorite thing.
Speaker 6: It was awesome.
Speaker 4: I would read it cover to cover. I probably read every Sports Illustrated from nineteen eighty. I can still remember the Jack Nicholas winning the Masters one, so that was what eighty six. So I probably read every Sports Illustrated from probably eighty six to ninety six, every one of them. But then there'd be a week where it wouldn't come, and I'd go, Mom, did the Sports Illustrated come?
Speaker 6: And she was like, be like, I haven't seen it. My mom doesn't lie.
Speaker 5: They're on vacation. My mom doesn't lie. But she'd be like, I didn't have one this week.
Speaker 6: That's weird. I haven't seen hims every Thursday.
Speaker 5: It always seems to not come the same time of year.
Speaker 4: And then finally, like when I was a senior in high school, she told me she was throwing those.
Speaker 5: Away and I never got to I never got to see them.
Speaker 7: We could have shared a subscription because I didn't need the other fifty one say.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason I was counting as a kid.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know you did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, didn't read the other ones.
Speaker 6: I was always like. I was always like, what's there we talking about?
Speaker 4: I didn't know because I saw at the beginning there would be letters to the editor where people complained about the week before issue, and I'd always go these people.
Speaker 2: Complaining about it's funny.
Speaker 6: I wasn't in there. I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 4: The week before I see one bikini Stoctor Mortgage tell me about.
Speaker 2: Oh I got some new reads. I got to pull up here and I got ready. So as soon as I.
Speaker 6: Get some, you got it ready.
Speaker 5: As soon as you pull it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 6: Boom.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll start. Just pick one at random. Love the house, hate the carpet. With a renovation loan from stocktor Market, you can buy the home and fix it up, same load one closing. You know, life moves fast, your mortgage shouldn't slow you down, So stocking umors, fast clothing and loan officers who can pick up the phone when you call. Get started at stalking dot com in a Malas eighty five nine equality lender in a molest consumer access dot org.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 4: We'll take a break, be right back. Final segments Kentucky Sports Radio. My mom's got to be doing her religion class. She would have written me after I.
Speaker 2: Said, surprise she didn't.
Speaker 6: She's got to be doing a.
Speaker 4: Religion class, because she would have said, like I did, it for your own good. Oh, here we go, she did there it is Mama tried.
Speaker 6: That's a great tried.
Speaker 5: That's a good two word reply to that. Perfect.
Speaker 4: I just this is just for educational purposes. There's a lot of people write me. I'm sure that are like, you know, one accounter and theyre go, oh, he's not keeping the plane himself.
Speaker 6: The president. He's done. It's it's gonna be his president library.
Speaker 4: First of all, presidential libraries are private, they're not part of the government, and he could still use it for all his private stuff. Presidential libraries are donated by donors. That's actually why they're a little bit of a boondoggle. I don't like it. Presidents all the presidents do this. When they finish, they take money from everyone for their library because it's private. But it'll be for his library, but he'll use it for his personal use. So you should be against that. One person rights. I think he's only doing it to make the left mad. You're probably right, but that's not what the president should do. And then there's a security part. Do we want to let a country that over the years has has aided and embedded terrorist have the security knowledge of our plane?
Speaker 6: That keeps the president in the air.
Speaker 2: I haven't even thought about that angle. That's a little scary.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's gonna be the new air force one. We are going to have a country who has aided terrorists who gave us the plane for our president, Shannon. That's a little worrisome, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I would think so, probably got little hidden micro chips in there.
Speaker 4: They'll go, well, we'll look at it, but they'll know how it like right now. I don't think they know what our air force wanting. They'll know now. I just I can't imagine why people think that's a good idea. Thankfully, there are some people on the other side who have said.
Speaker 6: What are we doing? But there need to be more because it's crazy to me.
Speaker 7: Crazy Also such a bad president for whoever's next could be the other side that takes something.
Speaker 6: That's that's what That's another thing.
Speaker 4: I don't understand everything you're taking up for now, the other side's gonna do the same thing, right, Well, are you not worried about that?
Speaker 3: That's what they're gonna say, Well, he did it, yeah, but.
Speaker 4: That cannot be the reason for everything the other side did it. Then we'll just go into a pit of awfulness. Anyway, all right, I'm done with that. I have a question for you. I go the phones. You don't have to go to South Africa in September. Yes, the little conference I'm in is six days, but I'm going south. It takes seventeen weeks to get to South Africa. It's a long trip.
Speaker 6: It is far away.
Speaker 2: It is literally.
Speaker 4: The second longest flight you can take in America is the one I'm gonna take. Atlanta to Cape Town is a fifteen hour direct flight.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: It is the second longest flight you can take in the world. There's only one flight longer New York to Singapore. If I'm gonna go all that way and fly fifteen hours each way, I'm gonna stay more than five days. I see on I was looking online, and there's a safari that starts the day after my conference ends for nine days. You get to go to this wildlife preserved where you get to see rhinos, elephants, giraffes.
Speaker 6: I'm in on all that.
Speaker 2: You gotta do it.
Speaker 4: But here's the second of it. It's half safari, half adventure tourism. Here's the adventure part. Scaling down a mountain like repelling a zip line over the world's largest over Africa's largest canyon.
Speaker 5: You just you just sit there for that. You got and.
Speaker 6: A hike, which I could do the hike, but you know, Shannon, you and I are were both scared of hikes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm setting that one out.
Speaker 6: Do the zip line. We've done it before in Alaska.
Speaker 5: You just you just go.
Speaker 6: We we jumped out of a plane, just a ride. But the repelling.
Speaker 5: We did a small, very small repell in Alaska. Do you remember that.
Speaker 6: I was terrified so to you'll just set that one up.
Speaker 5: That's what I wonder.
Speaker 6: Can I just say they're not going to force you off the line. I'll go look at but I don't know when you get up, there is the only way down.
Speaker 2: Don't go up.
Speaker 7: A lot of these they're catered to tourists, so like, you know, it could take any type of person. I would read the fine print, like does it say you need to have a little bit of experience or you need to be a certain way?
Speaker 4: Said you were you it said as long as you weren't in terrible shape, you could do okay.
Speaker 5: Because I think the the baby sits you a little bit on this repelling.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like the idea of like, there's a nature preserve up in northeast South Africa that is like the second best nature preserved to see wild animals in the world, and you get to stay in it and they say elephants like walk up to your house. That feels like that would be awesome. So part of me is like, if I'm gonna go all the way over there, I'd like to do it. It's good the UK bye week is during this week, so I wouldn't miss a game.
Speaker 2: You gotta do it. I mean, you may never have this chance again. And I think all though positive and the fun things about this far out weigh the one reservation you have about to do the repelling down the mountain.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you say do it?
Speaker 9: Do it?
Speaker 5: Shannon?
Speaker 6: Would you do it? Have to repel down the mountain?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, I guess I would if push came to shove, but I wouldn't want to do it.
Speaker 5: Hopefully it doesn't come to pushing and shoving.
Speaker 6: Hopefully push you off the mountain. But seeing an elephant good.
Speaker 2: You gotta do all that.
Speaker 3: We got those at the zoo and Louis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like out in the wild and then it's a nature preserve and it just feels.
Speaker 2: Like once in a lifetime opportunity or whatever.
Speaker 9: I mean.
Speaker 4: The reality is I'll probably never go back to South Africa after this trip, so.
Speaker 5: I feel like you have to do it right, don't you. Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, they've got some places around town where you can kind of practice your repelling. It won't be near as tall, but go you can practice a little bit.
Speaker 6: We can take you out to the gorge. Yeah, not a bad idea. All right, who's up next? Shit? Mark?
Speaker 11: Mark?
Speaker 6: Go ahead and.
Speaker 9: Mark first time?
Speaker 6: Long time? Who are.
Speaker 9: For the name of your show? Through the song that was sixty years ago. It's called Long Cane Jones by the Coasters. It would be perfect for your show.
Speaker 2: Long Long Came Came.
Speaker 9: Long A Long Along Came Joan. It's a humorous song.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 6: It feels like that people could read that the wrong way though.
Speaker 2: Sing it again, right he Long Came Joan baronnet and internet tall talking Joan.
Speaker 3: Theme song.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that actually wouldn't be the worst theme song in the world. All right, well, thank you, sir.
Speaker 9: The Coasters version, the Coasters version, there's there's a race Stephens did it around nineteen seventy, the Coasters around nineteen sixty.
Speaker 6: All right, well, I appreciate it, appreciate the call.
Speaker 4: Let's pick tonight Pete Rose Night, White Socks and Reds. Reds are on a five game losing streak, but there minus two forty to win tonight. Do the Reds get it done? In honor Pete Rose. Don's DraftKings. By the way, go to DraftKings five get three hundred dollars. If you win your bet at DraftKings promo code KSR Draft Kings, the crown is yours who you got.
Speaker 7: In honor of Pete Rose. You have to bet on the Reds. I will bet on Cincinnati tonight. You specifically, of all Knights to bet on the Reds.
Speaker 2: This is the one.
Speaker 5: If you're ever.
Speaker 6: Gonna bet, this is the night to bet on the Reds. Fair enough, you got them. They're not real.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna lose on Pete Rose Night. Of course they're gonna win.
Speaker 3: The gonna throw the game though.
Speaker 2: The game.
Speaker 4: This is the biggest the time bet on the Reds. The White Sox throw the game. Come on, this is do you think they put it against the White Sox for that I'm definitely betting. They played the White Sox at home once every two years. They were like, this is perfect of the gambling game of the century. Thank you all very much. Tomorrow we are in studio. This has been in Kentucky Sports Radio.