Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's listener Q and Daytime.
Speaker 1: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 2: What's up everybody. I know we have been on vacation, super sad, but this weekend I am joined by Eddie. He's back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm bad.
Speaker 2: You are back. You were gone for a little bit, but you had some stuff going on, so we respected that, made sure you didn't come on best Bits and have extra work. Yeah, that was important. No, I appreciate that, but I didn't want to get you back on because the people miss you. When I posted your questions, everybody had an outpouring of support for you and wanted to love on you and hug you and prayers and thoughts and all the things. Yes, just know that that's a lot that was in there.
Speaker 1: Thank you, And I appreciate that too. When people say that, you know, I think a lot of people are just kind of like, oh, it's just what do you say in that situation? But that's really really the best thing, because I mean I can take all those prayers. I took all those prayers. I've been taking all those prayers and all those good wishes, so I appreciate every single one of them.
Speaker 2: Well just know there was hundreds in there. I'm trying so because part one we're going to talk about some stuff some more. But part three I'm going to keep it lighthearted, cool.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: Please, but I am going to start out with shout outs just to make you feel a little good as we go into this. You and Eddie are my absolute favorite. Tailor from Las Vegas sending Eddie and his family so much love. It's good to hear his laugh again, no question. I just want to give you an Eddie biggle hugs. Amy from New Orleans and Sarah in North Carolina said he's my fave, the coolest.
Speaker 1: I love that, so, you.
Speaker 2: Know, just to make you feel a little happy.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, keeping this part yes, light, come on, come on, we can do it. How has life changed since shaving your head?
Speaker 1: Kenyan from Ohio, Yeah, life has changed a lot. One. I didn't realize that your head can burn. Oh, so I realized that one quickly. From Like, I drive a Jeep, so I don't ever really have the top on, and on hot sunny days you start feeling it like you start feeling like Hey, why does that top my head like kind of itch a little bit, and then you realize, oh my gosh, it's getting baked. So the hat isn't completely out of my life. The hat lives in my car, so when I am driving in the sun, I do put the hat on to protect my head.
Speaker 2: Does that hat ever fly off of your tops off? No?
Speaker 1: Never, No, No. I've been driving with the hat for so long that you keep it down, you know, down to your eyebrows.
Speaker 2: It's like stug on there that it can't come off.
Speaker 1: And then you know, you know, when that gust of wind comes, we're like, oh, you got to hang on your hat because it could blow it off. You learn all that stuff. But that and also too, just how often I have to shave. I didn't realize that my hair grows so quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're like, I don't have any there, so.
Speaker 1: Why would I write? Yeah, And like you know, you just I don't wear a hat all the time, so I don't really pay attention to how quick it grows. But I have to shave my head every week, sometimes maybe twice a week if I'm like trying to go somewhere and look decent. Yeah, because even after two or three days, it grows about I don't know, a centimeter, and it's a whole different.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 1: It's true, it's a whole different.
Speaker 2: A little stubble like if you had stubble on your ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But what's cool too, is I do all my shaving outside. I take the electric grazer outside in the backyard and just walk around, listen to music and shave my head and I've got on the floor.
Speaker 2: I never miss a spot.
Speaker 1: Well, I double check with my wife every time, but so far I've done pretty good by myself. Okay, pretty good.
Speaker 2: I'm just picturing you in the backyard just walking around with your little raser, like.
Speaker 1: Because the first time I did it in the bathroom, I did it in the bathroom and my wife's like, no, no, we're not gonna do that.
Speaker 2: There's hair everywhere, So outside it just can flow away and.
Speaker 1: The birth, Yeah, it goes into nature. It's all good.
Speaker 2: Okay, How is your wife blanking the clean shave? Because it wasn't she against it? Sidney Sydy in Ohio, Cindy, This is a good question because she was against it.
Speaker 1: She was very against it because you know, like when I shave my dad my dad had shaved his head. I don't know, i'd say the last fifteen years of his life. And when I shave my head, I look like him. I looked like my dad. And for a long time my wife was like, I don't want you. I love your dad, but I don't want you to look like him. It's just weird. That's a weird thing. Yeah, But you know what, after I did it, she kind of said like, that's really a good look. Like it's a really good look. So I take her word for it, and I'm like, thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I did. She wouldn't lie to you because she just tell you, okay, no, you need to grow back. No.
Speaker 1: Because when I had the system, she's like, take that crap off your head, like immediately did not like the fake hair, hated the fake hair.
Speaker 2: It mind the half hair half no hair.
Speaker 1: Didn't mind that because that was natural. She's a very like, hey, that's the way God made you.
Speaker 2: Like I love that, Okay, But now maybe she loves the bald head.
Speaker 1: Now she's just like that looks clean, that looks.
Speaker 2: Good, all right, So maybe the favorite I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, Morgan, I honestly, I've never thought this in my life because I knew. I knew that at one point in my life I'm going to have to shave my head because just I was bald in on the the back top and then of course like the little receiding hairline, and so I was just kind of like, I don't need to just keep it shure, I'll just keep it short. I don't need to shave it all the way. I can do that my whole life. Like I think, well, your dad's bald, right, yeah, he's bald. There are some people that have like they're bald like us, where they're bald on the top in the back, but they leave it just like, you know, a quarter inch long and it looks good. Yeah it's okay if you're missing here on top, but it still kind of looks good. So I never thought I would completely shave it. And now that I've shaven it, I'm like, I don't think I'm going to go back. I want to be a bald dude from now on.
Speaker 2: You just kind of keep it. But see, I think your confidence has also changed with it too, and I think that matters, do you think? So? I think you feel better about it now and you had to wait for that to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't reach from a hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, you're not protecting it all the time. It's not like Okay, nobody can see this. Don't look at this. Now you're like, okay, I'll wake up. Go let's get out of here, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: So maybe you just feel really good again. And that was always a self conscious thing for you.
Speaker 1: And I've also had friends tell me, like guy friends be like, dude, that looks good like that. I would have never pictured you as a ball guy, but that looks good.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: That kind of helps too, you know, but.
Speaker 2: Also helps that you're super tan, because like when I do anything and I have my really like white vampire skin, I'm like, dang, everything looks bad when I do stuff so white.
Speaker 1: You know what was funny about that was when we were going to the beach, like right after my hair system, that's when I decided to lose the hair system. But my but you know, once I lost the hair system, I had the George Jefferson bowl cut where it was completely shaved on the top but still had hair on the side of the back. Yep, like it was. So that's when I decided, like, all right, shave it all and see what happens. But when I did that, it was white. It was and it wasn't you white. It wasn't like it was a white I've never seen before.
Speaker 2: It was that's never been show yeah my.
Speaker 1: Whole life, you know. So it was weird. And thank god I went to the beach because I had that kind of time to get the tan.
Speaker 2: Thing going at the same level as the rest of.
Speaker 1: Your Yeah, so I think I am now is it? I don't know. I really can't see. Was it kind of even all the way around?
Speaker 2: Now? Yeah, if you would have told me that, I wouldn't believe you.
Speaker 1: Now because it looks great, so interesting.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have like your shadow that goes with it. But besides it looks great. Okay, the shadow still looks good, but I just mean, like you have a blackness color to it.
Speaker 1: Her hair is so dark, and that's part of it too, right, Like I'm not a bald skin all the way down to the skin bald yet maybe I will eventually, but I am a what they call a zero clipper, which is literally like it is just a tiny, tiny little bit of hair. And to me, that kind of just makes me feel better that I'm not completely bald.
Speaker 2: Hey, Scuba is completely bald all the.
Speaker 1: Way he does like a razor blade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're golden. Did you always want to be a boy dad from Carla?
Speaker 1: You know? No, Because when my wife and I were dating early early on, I remember one night we like we're drinking, like the on the balcony in college. This is in college, We're drinking the balcony, and I remember I had like a notebook where I would write songs at I'm so artistic you are. I kind of like a little song notebook and I had gotten a new one with a sailboat on it and it was brand you know. I was like, what should I start writing on this? She's like, hey, let's start writing like places we want to go, names for our kids, you know whatever. And this is like before we were engaged. Were just like ha ha, that's funny. So a lot of the girl the names that I wrote down were girl names, you know, And I remember that specifically, and my wife was just like, wow, you want girls. I was like, I don't know, you know, like I think having girls would be cool. I feel like I'd be a pretty good girl. Dad, Yeah, you would have for sure, not what I got.
Speaker 2: You got four boys?
Speaker 1: I got four boys.
Speaker 2: You're like my dad, who was like probably writing down boy names. He's like, I got four girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, godless a different idea, differ, different idea for us than we think.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a cute story, though. What is one thing your kids have taught you? This is from Lance.
Speaker 1: Oh man, My kids have taught me that. They have taught me to be a person that lives his life by example. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have never cared about what people thought about me, Like I do, I do me, I do whatever I do. I've always understood in my entire life that people are going to look at me for five seconds. If I'm like dancing around being stupid picking my nose, people are like, ah, that's that's weird whatever for five seconds and then move on to their life. And I've always lived my life that way and never thought that people are gonna be like, oh, they're gonna make fun of me, don't care. But as soon as I have kids, I realize that they're going to be watching me twenty four to seven. And they do watch me twenty four to seven. They watch what I do. They watch how I talk, they watch what I say, uh, and they learn from it. And I see them doing things that I do, and I'm like, oh crap, like I forgot they're watching me, like don't don't don't be don't be an idiot, Like don't be all at the TV. You look stupid, because now they're all at the TV kind of thing, you know. But I learned that that, like, once you have kids, you can no longer live that whole life of just like who cares what people think about me? Because my four little guys they care a lot and they're always watching me.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true. I mean their kids are impressionable, isn't that what they say?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's a blank canvas. And they spend most their time at home with you. So that's what they're learning. And to me, I mean, for them, I am their biggest example of life. Like dad does it, I'll do it. That's what Dad does.
Speaker 2: That's what I do, especially in those first several years before they go to school or anything, and they don't have any other outside influence besides what's happening in the home and wherever you take them. Yes, so dang, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It is very crazy. And that's one thing that you learn when you have kids. Really quick.
Speaker 2: Oh, idet, I think I'm gonna hittag to a form somewhere and he's never gonna find me again.
Speaker 1: No, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna take a quick break. We'll be right back. Rachelle would really like to know if Bobby competes with you during your workouts, since he's so competitive.
Speaker 1: Ooh, no, you know what, Bobby is, very competitive, he is, but he also understands that when we work out, I am at a very different level than he is. Although I've caught up. I would say I'm about ten I'm about ten to five pounds behind him.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're getting there, looky, I go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But he's been working out for a long, long, long, long time. I never like my mom my mom my wife laughs because she's like you, when I met you, you didn't work out like once, Like working out wasn't a part of my life for ten years, twenty years whatever, and I just started. I don't know, I think it's been a little over two years now, but maybe maybe exactly two years. But now that I work out every week, it's weird, but I am getting stronger and like I'm catching up. I'm not to his level. He sows his legs are really strong. He can bench press a lot. I can. I'd say with bench press, I'm about maybe thirty to forty pounds behind him because he's he's strong there. But so no, he's not competitive with me because of that, Like he understands that I'm Yeah.
Speaker 2: I we like look over and seem peeking, like he catching up to me. I got to put on a little few extra pounds here.
Speaker 1: What we try to do is we try to work out at the same try to keep up at the same pace. So like if it's like we're going to do this for ten reps, we try to keep the ten reps at the same time. Got it. There's a little bit, but I think it's just for the benefit.
Speaker 2: Of like pushing yourselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and let's do the most we can in an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That way, I'm not lagging or he's doing more than me, or I'm doing more than him or whatever. Okay, but no, no, no, I'd say he keeps it pretty like light.
Speaker 2: Well that's good. Yeah, because every other time.
Speaker 1: Competitions, Oh my gosh, so much everything, it's ready to go.
Speaker 2: Emily from Texas wants to know one memory you'll never forget from the show.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's tough.
Speaker 2: I know. That's like you've been around for so long. It's really hard to narrow it down.
Speaker 1: I have, and I think as I've been part of the show, there's a lot of memories. I don't know why. Like some there's like maybe the Shocker. I don't know one specific instance, but whenever the shotgars come out. Yeah, yeah, the dog shot collar is like one that always comes up. Because I hated it. I don't know if any of us loved it. It was just a terrible thing. I swear Bobby had a certain joy in his eyes, like this look on his face, like I'm loving this so much every time he hit that button, and I hated it so like.
Speaker 2: It's funny that he had that like little sparkle when this segment was happening, he.
Speaker 1: Would he'd have a sparkle and he would laugh like doctor Evil. Like I hated it. Morgan, did you ever get shocked?
Speaker 2: No? Never got the dog Shop. I came around when I first started the show. It was still happening, but I wasn't like on air or anything.
Speaker 1: Yet you're so lucky. You're so lucky.
Speaker 2: We're a few times where I got like thrown in and I was like, oh God, is this where it's finally gonna happen. And I was terrified because I have neckphobia. Yeah right, so like you put a dog shop anything around your I'm gonna literally lose my literal mind. Dude, I'm pretty sure you guys would have witnessed a psychotic break if that happened.
Speaker 1: I feel like we were all we all had psychotic breaks every time we had that thing, because you know how like you play easy trivia, yeah, and you know the answer, but you you're just like.
Speaker 2: It's coming, it's not coming.
Speaker 1: Like I know what it is. I know what it is, but I just can't think of right now. Think about what a shot callar No, if you don't get it in three seconds, you're gonna get shocked. It's a different level.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I would never get anything. I would get shocked all the time.
Speaker 1: I hated it.
Speaker 2: The pressure of that is so much, So.
Speaker 1: That's probably my biggest memory. But I mean mostly PTSD because.
Speaker 2: Of that trauma. Trauma based from every so bad. This is from Colleen in California. This is directed towards to me. She wants to know if I smashed the Cowboy boot base. So to give you some context, please, I posted a video of like, you know, how man in the uniform had done something super sweet. We went and painted these things for one of our dates, and I had made this like Cowboy boot base of course, and no, I you know, Colleen, honestly, I should have smashed it. I should have. I should have kept it to smash it. But when he was leaving and taking his stuff, I made him take everything.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't have it anymore.
Speaker 2: I made him take every single thing.
Speaker 1: Is there anything that you can smash?
Speaker 2: Anything, you can break anything anything of his? Like I might have like a sweatshirt of something, earn it. But like, besides that, I made him take every photo, every every I was like, you get to deal with this. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to and stop me if I'm going crossing the line here, But I'm just asking questions. Was it like the movies when you guys broke up where you're like throwing stuff out the window when you say, like take all your stuff? Was it very peaceful?
Speaker 2: It was peaceful, you know, unfortunately, like I was mad and I had like just please take all your stuff, like okay, and please take this and all of this. He was working on Eddie like a you know those paint by numbers that you've done. He was working on one for me from my birthday in October. It was and he was like painting it and it was like half done on there. I was like, take it, throw it away. I don't I literally don't care whatever you choose to do with any of these things. I don't want it. So it's with him. But I should have kept it calling I wish I would have seen your post and I should have kept it so smashed the crack of it because that would have felt so meathartic. I didn't. Okay, good question, now, that was a good question. Last one, if you can go on a yacht anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Speaker 1: Come on, I love it. That's my dream. Like my dream is too well, it's not because it's really not going to happen. But if I had a lot of money when you're retired, No, it's not. I'm never gonna have enough money to have a yacht and go where I want.
Speaker 2: Like you could go rent a sailboat for a week.
Speaker 1: Where I'm going. It's not going to take a week. I want to go Morgan. I want to go on a voyage.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So my father in law is so cool. My father in law my wife's dad. They were all from Massachusetts and their dad was a doctor in Massachusetts in Boston, and he had a sity. He was a sailor and he had a sailboat. They sailed from Boston, Massachusetts to Galveston, Texas. Literally had to go all the way down to Florida, into the Gulf of Mexico into Texas and then they went to Tech. They went to Galveston, they all gotten a took whatever they had, and they drove to Pekas, Texas. And that's where he grew up. This happened when he was like I don't know, nine.
Speaker 2: Or ten, like his just his family was on this, just his family.
Speaker 1: And like that's legit.
Speaker 2: That is a voyage.
Speaker 1: Like that's awesome. So and I didn't take it. I think you have to take longer than a week to do that. So I would say, uh, Australia, Fiji, like Gray Berrier, reef Area, Papa New Guinea, like somewhere over there. That's why I would like to do it. But I need like a captain because I am not a response to a captain. I am not going to be responsible but like to drink beverages. Yes, I want to be the writer. I don't want to be the sailor.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, that's fair. That's a lot of work. You I think I would go to Italy, that's cool. I really want to go to Greece.
Speaker 1: No, so that ay looks cool.
Speaker 2: I want to go abroad so bad. It's just really hard to go abroad, like with our vacations that we have secuse, I feel like when you go abroad, you have to go for at least two weeks to like genuinely make it worth it to fly over there, to pay for the flights over there, because the flights once you get there to other places are so cheap, but coming back and forth is what's really expensive. So I haven't like made and I might listen. I am desperately wanting to go to Paris, like desperately at this moment in my life want to go to Paris, probably because I really just want to get out of the city. But und I get it, you know, but Paris is like the one that I'd love to go to a visit first wee And I think I could do that for like a week, totally hang out in Paris for a week.
Speaker 1: What about like just a boat, like not a cruise. A cruise is a whole different deal. But what about like, huh, I love a cruise. Okay, let's say cruise.
Speaker 2: Then I don't know if you like, oh, I would do Like if I didn't have Rimy and Hazel, I would go on that cruise. It takes you to every country?
Speaker 1: Could you not do that with a dog?
Speaker 2: No? May come? The animals can't come, Okay, So it could be just something I do when I'm like retired and hopefully I have somebody with me. But I would totally do that, like for a year and a half, just go cruise around the whole world. I would be so up for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's part of it, right, like with this whole question with the yacht, Like it's not just go straight from you know, Florida to Australia. I mean, I'd liked.
Speaker 2: It island hop see everything all like.
Speaker 1: The Jimmy buffettooks I have, like the Jimmy Buffett book I read pirate looks at forty. This is a little big thing that he would do. Is just like I'm just gonna take two weeks. I'm want to get on my boat. I'm gonna stop at Trinidad and Tobago and I'm want to stop at San Juan. I'm gonna stop in Puerto Rico. Un I'm gonna stop in a dominicate all this stuff. Like that's what he would do, and like that's what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Do you want to live out your Jimmy Buffet dreams?
Speaker 1: I do, man I do?
Speaker 2: For some reason? It right? Who wrote this? But all I know is you got Eddie on a tangent.
Speaker 1: It that's the question of the year, Question of the year, Question of the year.
Speaker 2: Well, Eddie, thanks for joining me. It was light, we kepture, we did good.
Speaker 1: Right, we did, and we got There was a couple of sad moments in there that which almost went down.
Speaker 2: It's okay, we got.
Speaker 1: Through Hey, it's okay.
Speaker 2: We tried laugh through them.
Speaker 1: They are going to be those yep, and we got through it.
Speaker 2: Part one. I'm not so sure we're about to go record that. We'll see how we got through it. But yeah, thanks for coming on where they can find you and support you.
Speaker 1: Love you all that guy, Yes, thank you so much. At producer Eddie on Instagram, TikTok. I'm on TikTok in a while, but I'm going to start tiktoking more Twitter, all that stuff Facebook and then twenty five Whistles, our podcast Me and Bobby and everyone and too Much Access are on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of stuff going on and some big news yeah coming up, that's point.
Speaker 2: Well that's exciting. Well teaser yeah yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, Well you can come follow me out web girl Morgan. I promise I don't cry all the time sometimes, but you can also listen to my new podcast Take this Personally. I had a guest on this past week, Christina Lai Carry, who helps you get to your highest self, which I desperately need in this time of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: And then also next week dropping on Monday if you're listening to it. This weekend, I actually brought my really good friend and artist Julia Cole on and we did a special edition heartbreak episode, so it was cathartic for both of us. So some good stuff over there for you. Any of that sounds interesting, awesome. Yeah yeah, very exciting to go check it all out.
Speaker 1: Thank you again, Eddie, Yeah, thank you Morgan.
Speaker 2: All right, bye bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 2: Show and follow ed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.