Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Colleen Witt, and today we have a very special TV host, entrepreneur podcaster that Beach exactly very special guests I do.
Speaker 2: We just have to end up bleeping them out for sol. Do you believe about your social talk?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Sorry, well I heard it. It messes with the algorithms. Oh that's probably true.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's why we haven't.
Speaker 1: Weezy is from Horrible Decisions. She also has a TV show called Sex Cells, and she.
Speaker 2: Is an entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: She owns podcast recording studios in New York. And am I missing a market?
Speaker 3: Not yet? If you recorded me in two months, you would.
Speaker 1: Be okay hopefully, Alana and I real know, okay, okay, but I'm really excited to have Weezy. I met you probably over a year ago, and literally like, I just I love everything you're about and I plan to take notes.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but what do you have us eating as your broke dish today?
Speaker 3: Well, my broke dish today is gourmet maca cheese because I feel like, well, gourmet meat and macajeese because I don't like to say hot dogs. It sounds cheap, and the meal is cheap, But like when broke, I was like, I need to feel full fast, and I always thought that was like a protein and carbs, and so hot dogs and macaroni and cheese like the easiest thing, even though by itself, I feel like it tastes like shit. So I just tried to dress it up what I had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 1: I saw these extra ingredients, and I didn't know which direction your meal was going. So for our listeners, can you say what is in.
Speaker 2: The gourmet mecha cheese?
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna be real with you. Allive oil is very expensive when your rope like this is what eight dollars for this? Maybe ten?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I would use criscal but virgin olive oil. Lorry, I don't know how to say his name, but Tony Shiericus, I just call it Tony seasoning, Tony creole. So we have the mixing bowls. I don't know why.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were gonna drain the mac and cheese water.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I didn't even have a bad I didn't have a what's it called. I would take the top, pour it out.
Speaker 1: Okay, we usually do that on the show. By the way, this is just a fruit strainer.
Speaker 2: But go on, what's the ingredients?
Speaker 3: I like Nathan's. I'm not sure why. Hebrew National wasn't my thing, but Nathan's was like the skinny ones. Like Nathan's, We've got the cutting board of the knife so that you can slice up the hot dogs, onions, butter, and milk.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: Now it's funny because I've done mac and cheese before. In my greatest accomplishment was adding tuna to the mac and cheese. Okay, but I am excited because there's so much.
Speaker 3: Don't go together. So I think it's the loster mac and cheese and that's it.
Speaker 2: Hey, I was broke. I didn't. I don't even know there.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: But but no, I'm excited because this is my first time ever in the history of living on this earth having gourmet mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: And it's really cool.
Speaker 3: You know what I actually put in myra?
Speaker 2: Look you getting all hyped into it? What what?
Speaker 3: Okay? Now that I'm getting money when I make Gromet mac and cheese for overall, I put like five different type of cheeses in it, and I put a little bit of beer whenever I Yes, I can't remember where I learned about the beer from. But it's something about the yeast and the beer. Oh my god, you can taste it. It's so good. Beer costs extra money, so I felt like I shouldn't added that.
Speaker 1: No, no, but that's your But you now that you make money, you actually.
Speaker 2: Do to a still a twist on gormet maca cheer.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you're hilarious. My mom hates it. She's like, this is so ridiculous because every Thanksgiving we have hers, which is classic big mac burn at the top, and then mine is the bougie back.
Speaker 2: And you're mixed, right, So is your mom black?
Speaker 3: My mom is black and my dad's is really okay, maybe it should be Hebrew national.
Speaker 2: You're hilarious.
Speaker 1: My dad is Jewish and my mom is Jamaican. So I have the same black and white mix because I never ever meet it where the mom is black and the dad is white. Whenever I see someone like that, I'm like, hey, that's crazy, all right.
Speaker 3: You always see the other people was like, you're like black and Jewish, You're like Drake.
Speaker 1: Well, it used to be Lenny was the big thing back in the day. People don't know nothing, You not these young kids. But all right, weezy. So I am dying to try this gourmet mac.
Speaker 3: So come away. It's not gonna be good. Why you say that, because think about the stuff we eat today. I mean, you eat shitty meals all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh let me tell you. I'm getting to the point where I'm gonna start rating it. And I've been because I've been pretty nice. Someone made tuna castrole.
Speaker 2: It's gonna get me caught up. But this it was.
Speaker 1: Literally it's tuna castrole and the pickled egg is the worst dish for me on the on the shell.
Speaker 2: If people said the worst pickled eg? Have you had a pickled egg?
Speaker 3: I thought castroles are for Caucasians. And this is the Black Blact Network. It was.
Speaker 1: It was two black sisters that owned a all black owned store that carries all black owned and they made a tuna castrole and it was absolutely that's terrible.
Speaker 3: Putting the olive oil in the pan for the onions because I like it to.
Speaker 2: Caramel lote, okay, okay, But.
Speaker 3: Also I'm gonna boil the hot dogs, start boiling the macacheese. And while that's boiling, that's where I'd just be trying to get the flavor with the onions, and shit tastes like extra.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just learned the other day that some people seasoned the onions. Are you one of those people?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Am I Karen? Now it was it was a black girl. Damn, I don't know. That's what I'm saying. I expect her to be black.
Speaker 2: You you said you're a carot. You want to know.
Speaker 3: Something that's just too black? My mom, every time she watches my dog, won't feed the dog dog food. It's only like chicken, right, And I was like, Mom, why is that chicken color different? Oh well, it has a little garlic powder and just a little season on it.
Speaker 2: She seas in the dog's foods there's too bland, no way.
Speaker 3: And every time I got the dog be peen out of its ask. Actually, there's a very special day and week for me. By the way, my parents, I moved them to LA so they're flying tonight.
Speaker 2: You moved them.
Speaker 3: They live in Orlando, so literally I'm New York Orlando, LA. And I was like, I can't do this triangle. It's got to be one back and forth, okay. So I just wanted them closer to me, so that that to me was like a big life goal that's summer Orlando.
Speaker 1: First of all, that's a yeah, cause it would have been cheaper to move from LA to Orlando.
Speaker 2: You moved them to a more expensive market.
Speaker 3: I want them to be closer to me. This is where all my work is happening. And like, yeah, I mean, Orlando's where I'm from. So it was Honda Go on my birthday this year. I went to suspend it with my father. My dad, he's in a wheelchair, so it's a lot more difficult for him to visit me like my mom does. People probably see my mom all over my content. But my dad was like, damn, I wish I could watch TV with you all the time. I wish we could have these moments together, Like I wish I could be in LA with you and your mom. And I was like, well, shit, you guys could be there, and so yeah, I mean to me, it's crazy to make this meal today. I actually walked by a T Mobile store, which was my last job, to walk by a T Mobile store making the meal. I made it when I was broken. I'm literally able to afford to move my parents here, but who knows, maybe they gonna spend so much money I'm gonna have to eat this shit again.
Speaker 1: No, no, but you're making like really big moves.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited about having this conversation with you because knowing that you came from Brokeness and seeing like you're making like chess moves like effortlessly. So when I say like, I'm pulling out the pen like, I've been working for myself for a long time, but I definitely don't make the type of money that I need to make. I'm still in the Jamaican like two thousand here, five thousand here, three thousand here equals twelve thousand. You know what I'm saying. But I'm not at the point where I'm playing chess. So I'm literally excited about this episode because we're all about to get took to.
Speaker 2: School, you, I hope. So yeah, So I hope.
Speaker 1: I do the due deal with just tell us what was going on when you were making Gourmet mac and Cheese, the original, So I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you this, coming from Brokeness was.
Speaker 1: Something that I thought you were gonna put the sorry. I thought you were going to do the smaller pan for the hot dogs, and I had your pan for.
Speaker 3: That want of them first.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they you're gonna boil him in the mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: This is the maca cheese potting.
Speaker 2: No, it was the other because that pot small. I love you.
Speaker 1: I'm making my own okay, I'm staying out of the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Said you're gonna take.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, every time I get involved in the kitchen, I burned someone's dish. So I need to stay in my life, okay, okay, mae, yeah, because I've been burning stuff on people's own meals, all right, So so tell me what was going on.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: So I actually grew up with money and there was a stock market crash that happened that lost my parents some money, and then my dad ended up having a stroke that kept him out of work. And so after that, I ended up dating a guy. It was just like rich boyfriend that was paying for my school and then he was very abusive. Broke up with him and then that stopped. My parents couldn't really afford to college. I had to help them out because my dad had this stroke. So started working at the mall, White House black market clothing stores like a hand tailor.
Speaker 2: Bike yeah, yeah, a little bit high play, yeah, high class.
Speaker 3: That's my first I did, did you steal anything from them? Like a few things? Okay, good, good, But then I realized once I had to stop, I wasn't like stealing for real, for real, Okay, it was just a little shit. And then one day I wore something to work and she was like, I didn't know you got that dress, and I was like, ah. The craziest thing was I went to jail and ended up having it was for my license. Everybody thinks it was something worse. It was for my license, and I had a GPS monitor on my foot, and so I had to always wear Maxi dresses to work, or like super big boots.
Speaker 2: To cover you got one of those ankle monitors.
Speaker 3: Yes, no way, all working at my house like market. It was terrible. So then I think I was helping a woman that worked at a T mobile store and I was selling her mad shit. She's like, you're really good at sales. How much she's making here. I don't remember what it was, fucking ten dollars an hour, but my commission would be good, so it'd be up to twenty or thirty. And she was like, I can make you double a tea mobile with the way you saw. Oh now, I knew nothing about cel phone. She's like, you don't have to just have to be cute. It's funny because I went on a date the other day, this nigga said, you look like a bitch. She used to work its emobile. I used to tie my little shirt up like this and be like, what kind of on y'all want? I was gonna sell it to all the top niggas, the prepaid lines in the box because you weren't supposed to legally sell them a new number every month. Oh, so niggas would come in. I just fucking keeps wiping the shit whatever. So ended up being so good at T mobile selling shit. I think my first year working there, I was like twenty two twenty three. I made like ninety thousand dollars. Get the heck out crazy. They don't pay it over that way no more. Yeah, but like I was selling selling something. The iPhone was hot back then, and it just came out and literally was fucking flying to Europe, just like experiencing life. Living life still had a shitty car with windows, didn't go down, But I just spent all my money and experiences, and what I realized from those experiences, like, oh, I got to get more and more and more. Every time you taste a little bit of luxury, now you need more and more and more, you know. So from there, ended up training T Mobile staff in Florida. Then I ended up managing a store, and then they moved me to New York to work in corporate. And now not saying I couldn't have made it to New York alone, but I did have a sugar daddy then.
Speaker 1: Okay, And so he was like a legit sugar daddy, like what you envisioned in the movies, Like he wasn't that hot, and he had paper.
Speaker 3: Oh he paper, Oh yeah, like some bitches have a sugar daddy. I I he had a.
Speaker 2: Plane, he had he had a plane.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh he was like legit okay, Oh my god. He was so rich. And I met him working in mother fucking T Mobile. He came in, he had like three hundred lines for his company and he was like, I'm with Rise and Da Da Da, but his daughter wanted something that was only a T mobile. I was like, why don't you move your lines over? And he's like, honey, I don't do T Mobile Like this is that's very so I think I saved him like twenty five grand a month, and he said he was gonna give me a gift and I told him. He's like, what are you doing this week? I was like, I'm gonna go see Beyonce Miami. He was the Formation tour.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: He's like, how are you gonna get there? I'm like gonna drive my friends. She's like, take my jet, and I remember my friend's like, oh I got you gotta suck that owd man. We got on that jet and it was like, bitch'll suck a thick cot And so that was like my first entry into whole ho ho sheit okay, okay, got me this insane apartment in New York.
Speaker 2: It was like, wait, he was doing that too.
Speaker 3: Oh you're saying. When he knew I was gonna leave Orlando, He's like, sweetie, I can't have you leave me. I was thinking about getting a place in New York. Anyway. He's like, where were you gonna move? I was like Manhattan. He goes that means Harlem, which was true. So I was Midtown fifty fourth and eighth. And it's so funny because my mom came to visit me and the address was two sixty West fifty fourth or two sixty spy. My mom got to my apartment, she goes, oh my god, it's Tudio fifty four is right there. She's like, that's where I was going, That's where I was meeting these rich guys. You're turning into me. She was so proud of me, And I think, what's funny is my mom always wanted me to.
Speaker 1: Be such a good personality. Couldn't wear your personality?
Speaker 3: Okay, my mom always wanted me to be with a always wanted me to be taken care of. And like, it's so crazy because now I'm the rich guy, you know, And I don't think she expected it, but it's just amazing. Like I never thought i'd get here. I always kind of thought and she would say to me, you're gonna get married, You're gonna have a big house, and you're gonna move me and your dad in the guest house. It's gonna be so great. And like literally I'm moving them into a place down the street from me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, without an e.
Speaker 1: But how does it not that I also say that now you're the rich guy, Like when you do you this obviously is in the first time you said it is it when did you have the epiphany that you.
Speaker 2: Were the rich guy? I damn, that's a good feeling. I can't wait to have that feeling.
Speaker 3: It was, It wasn't the first time I felt that was. I was in Paris with my mom and I took her for a birthday and I wanted to fly her first class, but I use like an upgrade to getting points then, you know, because like first class, I'd be like ten fifteen thousand for them. Lay down. And when we got there, we get to the hotel and it was really nice, and she's like, oh, what's our room? Like, oh, are we have two separate rooms? And every little thing my mom was starting to count in her head, like how much was my daughter making?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she said, we.
Speaker 3: Got our own rooms. Okay. Then we go to the store. I'm like, you want something, I'll just get a lipstick. I'm like, no, Mom, you can get more. You can get a bag.
Speaker 2: Your mom was like, what the break is happening?
Speaker 3: She was bugging out. And then we walk outside of the protest store and there's a hotel very famous called the Plaza A. My mom was telling me how princes would take her to dinner there. When she was young and she would meet all these guys when she was traveling in Europe and this was like the place to go. I was like, oh, do you want to have dinner there? And that was when like it hit my mom. She got really emotional and she's like, I cannot fucking believe I'm doing this with you. My mom is seventy seventieth birthday at the time.
Speaker 2: Oh, you said stay out the lane, so I'm staying. I'm watching it.
Speaker 3: I get cooked for.
Speaker 2: Her now, Yo. You ain't been in the kitchen in a while.
Speaker 3: I cooked this morning.
Speaker 2: Yo, I'm sorry you told me that. You told me to stay out the kitchen, and.
Speaker 1: We almost about to burn down the whole even know if you don't on there to be on the wood part.
Speaker 3: No, I can't. I was looking for another conterract. Okay, I'll move it to this one the ale I tried to.
Speaker 2: I love it, No, but it was.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful because my mom really was just so excited for me, so proud of me. I do remember, you know, we still niggas at the end of the day, Like we sitting here with these fucking Louis bags and all these expensive shopping bags and literally, my mom orders a drink. She looks at me and she said, oh shit, that was forty three dollars. She was let me sip slow. But it's really great because for me, like I don't have kids yet, so like spoiling my parents just it's like dream come true. Shit for me.
Speaker 2: I can only imagine.
Speaker 3: I really really have wanted this for myself my life, and like I love doing it for my mom. My mom thinks I'm Beyonce. Like if we walk into a place and can't get in, like you don't know how my daughter is called Charlemagne. It's just my mom is like my daughter's on TV and they're like, really, what anfuse? But yeah, I mean I feel really proud to do that.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, and they come tonight. This is a big freaking deal.
Speaker 3: She's gonna get her nerves well.
Speaker 2: And luckily you moved it right down the street.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 3: My mom wanted to get rid of her car. She was like, I think I'm getting old. She had a little moment. We were looking for her apartment and she saw me parallel park. She started crying. I'm like, what's wrong with you? She's like, I'm older than I thought. I don't know if I can do this shit. I got to get rid of my car, like I'm an old lady. What if I hit somebody? Thought? And so we sold her car. And I'm a little nervous because you know, parents don't want to give up too much of their autonomy. They need to be able to do shit for themselves. So you know, I hope she can't moved her in a walkable neighborhood. She'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then now are they still together? So he's when does your dad comes?
Speaker 3: So my dad comes in tonight. He's just like as a hospital visit, and it's a little more extensive when someone's like fully in a wheelchair. So I wanted my mom to have a few days to herself. I'll take care of my dad and then you know, okay, she's moved and a lot of shit they've lived.
Speaker 2: There forever, Okay, Okay, So yeah, it's a big deal.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about go back to your broke story, okay, because I want to know how this elevation because it seems like somewhere around your elevation that was like a speed track.
Speaker 3: So the broke miss the brokest I think i'd been was when I left the abusive X, right, he only let me keep barely the clothes that I had that I had when I like got with him.
Speaker 2: Are we talking like emotional or physical abuse?
Speaker 3: Physical and emotional? He was crazy. I mean, I don't know how dark you can get on the show. But like, I didn't even know it was bad because I just kind of thought when a man is paying for things for you, like you deal with a little bit of something, right, Yeah, And so to me, if you never close your fist, I thought that was fine. I never realized how the steps of you know, physical violence can be.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when I left him, he didn't give me anything. It was really tough. I mean, mind you, I went from when I was a kid having a driver drive me to school that's how my parents were, to like literally figuring out what I was gonna do with the last pot holes, right, So it was really tough. And I couldn't ask my parents for anything, didn't want to tell them how bad it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, so when I moved, he didn't want to tell them because they were already struggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then I can't imagine how my mom would feel. She's like, oh my god, was like excited about you having this rich boyfriend? Yeah, oh yeah, you know. So ended up finding a place I think it was seven hundred a month, split the rent with a homegirls, a two bedroom in Orlando. He was right by Walmart, thank god, because that's where I was buying all the fucking hot dogs, the mac and cheese. Wrong, but my number one broke thing I would do. So I used to hang with all the trap news because hello, that was my jam okay, and I'm from Florida, right, so like southern culture, big car shows, HBC's like it was just fun and basically what I would do if they were going to like buy a bottle or a table in the club, I would see if I had like maybe thirty dollars to my account so that it would overdraft, I'd have them give me the cash. And that was like my payday loan to myself.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, hold that You are like really in deep when you think of that strategy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: My roommate and I at the time. I remember we both got paid on different weeks. So there was a Thursday and we both got paid that or I got paid that Friday. I was like, damn, we don't have detergent left, but we want to go to the club. We had like twenty bucks. She was like, okay, we get vodka or detergent, and we got vodka. Okay, we use some body washing like clean shit. In the same we were like, we got to go out and meet niggas to make more money. And it's crazy that, like that was what I thought being able to have success. Look like I got to meet a rich guy, I got a date a basketball player, this fi or that guy. Yeah, which a lot of women still think they need to do today.
Speaker 1: I want to subscribe. I'm gonna say it openly. I want to subscribe to the rich nigga club because I do the opposite. I'm like, are you broken, homeless? Let me help you. I can graduate you to the next week. Oh no, trust me, you don't want to get in that game. You know what the problem is because they'll turn around to look at you and be like, I know I'm homeless, but.
Speaker 3: Oh no, my life, I think I'm better than you. The problem is, like I think now, a lot of the dudes are in my industry right, so like the people that I'm working amongst, I can't be out here like trying to fuck with these niggas for bread like I used to. Don't get me wrong, I would still want Toby, but like for real, like you know, it's like they'll know me from somewhere. I've seen me on something, so I don't want to be a bird. Then I just end up, you know, a bird with these niggas.
Speaker 1: But whatever, I'll tell you right now, I am learning and I am done. So you know, if you ever find a rich one, you can always slide on. Heyko, I'm like, yeah, because I've actually I've never actually dated a rich dude.
Speaker 3: My damnsel in distress thing all the time was just like I just really want to be able to like out my you know, home parents, And it was true. I was like, so, I'm just like working really hard and I can't ut work college. But just like I'm really smart. I read a lot. I was always like doing a fucking sob story, which I'll tell you what, my sugar daddy. A lot of the things that I think helped me now are the stock tips and investment tips I got for my sugar daddy.
Speaker 1: But didn't didn't you say, were your parents in stock markets? Too though it crash okay, So you didn't want to take tips from them, were you?
Speaker 2: Like No?
Speaker 3: But you know, with him, particularly my sugar daddy, I remember he would get up at four o'clock in the morning, five o'clock in the morning and watch the market, to watch the markets in China wherever, just international stocks four x right, things like that, and it never made me want his money. I always wanted to be him. I always wanted to be that person that just had this, this, this, this and that to me that was so attractive about him. People used to always ask me how I could fuck him and shit like that, and I was like, bro, you don't know how rich the person is. You don't know how how much that drives me. The ambition that made him sexier and sexier. So one day I eventually just asked him like, hey, I really want to learn the stock market, but like, you know, what, can I put like five hundred dollars in? And he's like, that's not a start. I'll give you ten thousand dollars if you can make it grow. I forgot the timeframe. He said, I'll reward you with another ten and he did wow, And I kept growing it and growing it. I think at the time I even put the money in T Mobile think it opened, became a publicly traded company when I worked there, became publicly traded and then it was six dollars and then they went up to like thirty and I probably get.
Speaker 5: A lot of money.
Speaker 1: So when you were doing the podcast, and this is before I want to say, before everybody was on podcasting correct, seven years ago? Yeah, I mean it was like before the New wave or were you guys early in.
Speaker 3: We were very early, and like people were very really doing video, I think for popular podcasts, just for scale.
Speaker 1: I don't understand how you're mixing water and oil and you're not getting burns.
Speaker 3: I'm standing away. I'm trying to like I didn't have a grill, okay, but I'm trying to get that real plate.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Okay, gourmet continue.
Speaker 2: I don't want to derail you.
Speaker 3: This is fucking me up. This is hard. I can't even listen to music when I cook one.
Speaker 1: You would be surprised how many people will at the after each interview, they'll be like yo, cooking and talking at the same time.
Speaker 2: Really really difficult because.
Speaker 3: You're like knowing that you have to engage, like that's what's making it.
Speaker 2: And you have to like tell your story the entire time.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I'm about to start telling you some lies.
Speaker 1: No no, So so your sugar baby is sugar babe, sugar daddy, so that would make you the sugar baby, right, sugar baby. Okay, okay, I'm going to be a sugar baby. I'm going to get a shirt Baisy Bros.
Speaker 3: Every time I was out with him, I would take him to like fucking any and this when I just moved to New York. Catch just just came out at the time, and SGK was super popular. I remember all them niggas if you be looking at me with him, and I'd be like, come on, babe. Also just turned on knowing that he had to fuck me for money, uh huh, which is terrible, but I was okay, it was sexy to me, like especially when I remember he would be like, you want to get some clothes and I would always want to get a little Nike askict to ship you know many all the niggas of you in Yeah, he's my daddy, but so anyway, start horrible decisions.
Speaker 1: But I like how you were actually inspired by his moves versus well, I don't want to say I like, but it's interesting that you were inspired by him being successful to be even more successful, and you you took the initiative to even say, hey, I want to learn what you're doing and do it on my own, which was great.
Speaker 3: It's like I always wanted this sex in the city life mm hmm, but I never felt like any of them needed men to live that life. Yeah, and so I wanted to have the girlfriends that I was wearing an amazing designer with and fucking enjoying fashion show and doing this shit. But I knew if I was tied to a man, I wouldn't have that freedom. And I had also experienced my first relationship a man with money and abuse, so I was like, I have to have it on my own. I can't be down again. And you know, I hate to say it like this, but my mom was a housewife her whole life. And what happened to my parents with losing their I mean their house got four clothes on right, the home that I SETI grew up in. It's like it was tough to watch them go through that. And I think about two incomes or just diversifying shit what that would have meant. So that really fueled me a lot. And it's tough for my mom to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why have you had those sidebar conversations?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, definitely, But it's not easy. Like my mom is so amazing, but there's moments where she's like, oh my god, I never taught you to go out there and do it alone.
Speaker 2: But look at you.
Speaker 3: In a way, you're you know, well I made money off of person.
Speaker 2: Well you make money because you're a gangster entrepreneur.
Speaker 1: That's really it. I mean the personality. I mean, in my opinion, the personality is just like the cherry on the cake.
Speaker 3: But you know what, I'm a feller at heart. And my father that's what he did growing up. He owned like camera stores and like you know the little row like stores back in the day they'd have where they were selling electronic these shops. That was my dad's like line of work. Okay, And when I was growing up, I mean this shit, that's what I started selling clothes T mobile by then then, like literally everything about it felt like selling to me. You know, Like it's interesting the way Mandy and I have kind of done our business. I always felt like she has really helped us so much when it comes in terms of our finances.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: She had a financial background, and even though I came from the tech world, was selling like I mean, I'm the first person when we're on a call that's like I want to do it for this much, this or that. And like I loved that. We've been able to play up both of our corporate roles in that. Yeah, and I've got a lot of seller blood in me. My partner Alex now with WTF Media Studios. Anytime we have a big deal or he sees someone's budget, he's like, oh, you have to sell them on the phone. You have to tell them why. And I really enjoy it. It makes me feel like I still got it a little bit.
Speaker 1: I I always say this that I think I used to always say. When I have a child, I want to teach her how to read, I want to teach her financial literacy, I want to teach her about God. But the number one skill that she has to have before she graduates high school is the ability to sell.
Speaker 2: Because I think it is the most underrated skill.
Speaker 1: And if you're going to go work for yourself, the number one thing you're gonna have to do is sell a product, sell yourself. And so I don't buy anything, yep. And I remember when I had my first company. I remember going to home deep or office depot and buying those little sale books and you know how well out the hair pulled back and all.
Speaker 2: This and whatever.
Speaker 1: But I knew right away that sales is the one skill. And I would listen to all these audio tapes too about like how people you know you're almost nervous getting into it.
Speaker 3: Well, what's interesting about selling too? I know Mandy and I had a conversation about this, Like, so I never finished college because I couldn't afford to finish it because I got out of that relationship, right, m I don't want it to splatter in all this equipment. I don't normally do it like this. But Mandy at the time coming off of two degrees working for this huge firm, and she was working more hours and not making as much as me in accounting at that time. I understand it was junior level. Yeah, but I think about that a lot, and I think about the money you can make from selling all the time, and I think about that instance of like, shit, maybe she's smarter than me. But why isn't she making it up? And it's because that particular skill really can't be taught real you can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta practice it and practice it and practice it and practice it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I believe Mandy is greater than what was I going to say, you know, the job that she had, and that's why she's making way more and doing way more things now. But yeah, I mean it's definitely a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, with selling doing shit like that, had horrible decisions on the side, and it was really difficult to juggle both. And so about two years into doing horrible decisions, I quit. But it was mainly because I was like, you know what, if I ever wanted to come back to this shit, I will, like I've been making jokes recently, I'm like, oh my god, me and fifteen years I'm probably gonna be a real estate agent.
Speaker 2: So why did you quit? Two years?
Speaker 3: In the trajectory of horrible was faster than the trajectory of corporate America. For example, how long do we work a corporate job? Right, so you want to get promoted? I worked for Teambile six years. I got to be a manager after year three and a half four, if there's a spot for you. So to me, I kind of just felt like this is moving faster than my rate in the corporate world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you said you quit horrible.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, quit my corporate.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, Oh because you were like two years in I quit horrible.
Speaker 2: No, you quit your corporate okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Got quit my corporate job after two years, and I legitimately felt like it was not gonna make me.
Speaker 1: But I have to ask before, how much were you making? It horrible to say, okay, not as you make it. Oh, you weren't making as much as T Mobile.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, because a lot of people ask me when is the right time to quit a job, and I can only explain it like this, starting Team Mobile, I made ninety thousand, ending I was around one seventy five, okay, which.
Speaker 2: Is damn T Mobile, Go ahead, go on.
Speaker 3: It was like I was selling to companies that needed like Ethernet I gradual disaster recovery, like I graduated from phones. But basically this is what happens. So horrible decisions at that time that I quit may have been making me one hundred thousand, maybe one twenty five from touring mainly not even Patreon ad money, and.
Speaker 2: That's two years in. Yeah, geez, all right, go on.
Speaker 3: And I think the tour money because Mandy and I were buying out theaters. We brought out Carolines on Broadway.
Speaker 2: And you guys were physically doing it yourself.
Speaker 3: Splitting that money, paying ourselves back event bright type shit. But what I realized was like, oh, took me six years to make ninety to one to seventy year, took me two years from zero to one hundred. So next year I'm gonna make more. Yeah, let's just say I make another fifty. It's worth it. Not to mention I have more time on my hands. I could probably do more appearances and more tour dates, so it's time to quit. I also remember one moment it was brilliant idiots. If anyone watches that episode, I was literally wearing a suit like a blazer and a skirt, but Mandy and I had to like make an excuse to leave our jobs that day to go shoot with charl Mane and Andrew. So I think that it really will show you, like when you have to start saying no to things. Oh oh yeah, when you have to start saying no to things because of your day job. Yes, maybe that's when it's time, like when you're really getting booked like that, like TV appearances even like I remember we did Vice Live and I couldn't be there early for the rehearsal because of my job, And I was like, damn man, and anyone who's watching this who might be semi getting entertainment, whether you've got a TikTok or popular Instagram channel, you want to do a Horrible Decisions podcast and maybe get or even eating while robe. Who the fuck is gonna do this shit at six thirty seven o'clock at night, right, who's gonna do what? Like to have a guest? Yeah, entrepreneurs, Like all this shit gets filmed during the day. Yeah, So it's really tough to have a nine to five and pursue those entertainment dreams. And like that was why I was like, I got to figure the shit out. I think my biggest success in this industry came during the pandemic while pivoting. So made the TV show Sex Sells. It's about the business of sex, having money, making money from sex without having it. And I came up with that because that's how I make money, right, I just basically talk about sex covered all these adult industries and I'm not a TV star, and it ended up popping on cues and that's why I'm one.
Speaker 1: How did you did you package that yourself and then start selling it? Or did you package it and then started calling Charlemagne or different people you have relationship with and like, I have something that I need.
Speaker 3: That's what made me the most proud. I didn't need a co sign for that. Okay, I believe Horrible Decisions had the Charlemagne co sign, and that's what made a lot of people watch in the beginning. I do believe Charlemagne made our success faster. Don't believe we're successful because it happened faster. But what happened with Sex Sells was like I just had so much time during the pandemic to think, and I knew my two loves were fucking in money m hm, and so I was like, oh my god, I should make the show. I want to humanize sex workers, and literally people don't talk about their sex lives on it, and a lot of people have said like, oh, it's like horrible Decisions on TV, but it's even.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound like it. It sounds completely different because you're talking about this set, right.
Speaker 3: I'm an interview a lot of the guests we had so that I can, you know, show them some love and they've got real businesses promote them. But no, it's totally different and I love doing it. It makes me. It really brought me into the world of seeing how production works, the larger skill budgets and money.
Speaker 1: So, but you pitched it yourself, That's what I'm saying, Like you went out there or did you have a manager that helped you?
Speaker 3: So it started slow. I didn't have a manager, never had an agent ever.
Speaker 2: Basically, oh still to this date.
Speaker 3: No, not personally, Damn, you're a gangster. I have a person that gives I give them a cut of my money if they do pr stuff for me, but if they get me a deal. But yeah, So basically, there was a guy that reached out to me months back before the pandemic was like, oh, do you want to do this type of show? I was like, no pandemic hits and I was like, you know what, I wonder what the fuck he's doing. It's like he making TV? Is TV being made? And we started talking about what it would look like if we worked together and came up with sex cells together. He worked at FEWS at the time. Help me package it, oh, help me make a bible. And we did it that way. But what I will tell anyone that has a good TV idea is people that work in development needs shows all the time. I currently run development for Kenya Barris at Audible. Right, okay, don't send me shit right now, I'm done with that. But like literally, I was wondering what shows we're gonna make for him, Like developers want to fucking know, and if you have good ideas, shooting pilots, making decks, having a bible, having the demographics of why it would be good, not just coming in their blank like hey, I'm not doing anything like I've been doing XYZ. Like if you hit up the Food Network, you'd have how much to show them? So real? You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take notes. Remember how I said I'll take it.
Speaker 3: Notes, goge you did, But like here it is, here's my spread, and this is what I do with this type of budget. Imagine if you gave me fifty thousand an episode, I could be doing it on the load. I could be coming to their homes. I could be X y Z. Like, there's so many different ways for the things that we're making right now to make them next level. Yeah, and so I think that we just kind of have to use our network. Like my biggest thing with playing chess is making sure that I'm rubbing elbows with those that can one day need to use me for something I need.
Speaker 2: To use you. That's awesome, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Because the thing is, I remember Charlotte, he said this about someone they were like. He was like, that person is such an opportunist, And I was like, I wonder if that's who I am. But really, I don't ask I let every single person know what the fuck I do. I just had a dinner where I sat down next to one of the most famous comedians in the world. I don't even know if this person can travel on a commercial plane, that's how famous they are, right. Wow. When they asked me what I do, didn't even say a podcast thing. I was like, I own a production studio in New York and La Black owned. We shoot podcasts mainly, but we also have a mobile team Boom. Now it's in your brain. Now you know what you can use me for, Like that's the job I felt like I needed to sell to that person at the time. When I talk to TV show, TV networks or people that work in Netflix or different things like that I host, I do this, I do that right, Like I want to make sure that I'm useful to people that I've rebed elros with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think your sales skills like shines through. I always say, like, sales is more about paying attention to what the customer wants, listening to them, and.
Speaker 2: Then catering to their needs.
Speaker 1: That's just trying to sell someone something that they don't want to buy. So even the way you're talking is like your sales skills are just really amazing. Yeah, because that's how it is. You're supposed to sell. You're supposed to you know, if someone walks up to me right now, I'm gonna think about, you know, what it is they're gonna need or want from me.
Speaker 3: Correct. You know, that's a really good point because I didn't even think about me selling myself in that way, but like, damn it is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: But now opportunists is different, because opportunists are I always say I want to be a business person, not a hustler, because I feel like a hustler is like, I'm gonna take advantage, someone's gonna get a short end of a stick. But a business person is like, we're all gonna win. You're gonna walk away with your piece of the pie. She's gonna walk away with her piece of pie, and I'm gonna walk away with my piece, and no one feels to agreed.
Speaker 3: You can never make someone feel like they're doing you a favor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, Charlotte Mine was lucky and lucky enough to make horrible decisions with his rollout on Black Effect. I know there's eighty five South all the smoke, and I literally was thinking to myself the other day, Charla Mane is Charlot Mane, But horrible decisions was still good enough to where Black Effects was like, oh, we do need those numbers, but we sell to add people like I don't want to fucking suck anybody's dick to feel like, and I'm not talking about that instance, but just anyone like, thank you so much for giving this to you. Yeah yeah, when you know your value, Yeah yeah, we have to make sure that we're definitely pouring into ourselves in that way. But I mean shit. You know, I love fuse to death, but I also know my show brings number then and I know that's why they treat me well. They love me too, like we're definitely doing what we need to do for each other. Like I'm so happy to be on a network that you know I can be their most watch show. Like maybe if I was on an HBO or some Netflix, maybe I would just kind of go under the radar.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Maybe, I honestly don't think so. Thank you, I don't think so. I'm not even trying to be not Well, what was your hardest hurdle?
Speaker 1: I think it just to come to day because I feel like you have a lot of great pivots. But like, where was there a point where you were like I don't know, hmm, that you seriously like had that conversation off.
Speaker 2: I don't know, And it could have been my studio.
Speaker 3: Okay, my studio, which is the best thing I've ever done. Actually, my studio gave me the seal of approval to be bigger than just a podcaster, Like that was really when I became a businesswoman. No matter how hard Mandy and I have worked, I never felt like that and it's no shade to her. I don't know if it's because with women. I don't know if it's because we talk about sex, but like I had to do something else for myself to feel like I could be respected. And it really shows something about brick and mortar spaces to make people feel very like, oh, they're really doing something, which is weird. But it's also because I started getting other people money, Like.
Speaker 2: Thought, what was the hesitancy, Like where was that hesitancy at?
Speaker 3: Like where was that pain that investment? Right, my partner Alex shout out to him. We spent an insane amount of money on fucking equipment, which is why we have one of the best studios right, Like literally, I was like, how can we be charging people this little but like our equipment is so fucking expensive, like it doesn't add up or whatever. Yeah, and he was like, Yo, that's why everybody's gonna come with us, to know that the podcasters like us can be there and then the Charlottamanees of the world or whoever they may be. David Letterman wasn't.
Speaker 2: Our shit, Oh shit, right, Okay.
Speaker 3: He's like to know these people and okay, you can sit amongst them like we're gonna be for all of them, and that's really been our brand. I believe that's why we're growing. I mean, we get resumes like fucking crazy every day.
Speaker 1: So how long did it take when you so you made that initial investment. The by the way, you're cooking like we are in a rich restaurant.
Speaker 2: Because the point look at all the food.
Speaker 1: She made, and it's like, I feel like I'm about to eat an appetizer.
Speaker 2: Gormet.
Speaker 3: You try to make it look clean and minimally.
Speaker 1: When the cameras are off, I'm gonna just go in with a fork and just eat everything direct.
Speaker 2: I know it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I'm starving and you gave me like an appetizer.
Speaker 3: It's fucking hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: I want to see you sit down next to this mic and spend quality time with me.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, let's try this. It looks good but.
Speaker 5: Not bad.
Speaker 3: You look, there's the onions.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you didn't mix these in together.
Speaker 3: Funny enough, my co host talks about Haitian spaghetti and it's hot dogs in it. I never mixed the hot dogs a pasta. But this is kind of good.
Speaker 2: This ship is amazing. Did you mix it all on one for it.
Speaker 3: I'll put it together on I don't want to touch on the plate.
Speaker 2: For all y'all listeners. The hot dog and the onions smack.
Speaker 1: I definitely will mess with Nathan's just because I feel like maybe it tastes different or I just haven't had a hot dog in a while. But the freaking grilled onions and mac and cheese cheese is genius. Bro I don't know why I've never thought of seasoning up my mac and cheese.
Speaker 2: But the grilled onions, it's crunchy, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: I am so happy.
Speaker 2: I am very impressible. The only thing is.
Speaker 1: I would maybe add and I don't even know, but do you agree? Would you add more salt to the mac and cheese?
Speaker 3: Oh? I put salt on my stuff, but I don't want to do that to people.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, that's what.
Speaker 3: The lorries for you. You know, sodium is a bitch nowadays. M Plus, there's a lot of salt in that Tony Sharia whatever name is.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So for a girl that came from money, went broke, had sugar daddies, and it's self made to the point of flying your family in from Orlando to La still in the early early I don't even want to say how early thirties she is because all of us are listening.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that much you've accomplished. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: You know. Sometimes I get scared like I'll lose it, But then I realize the hunger that I have to help everybody around me is too deep. It's too intense that I don't think it could happen.
Speaker 2: Now do you deal with well?
Speaker 1: You said you have multiple companies. You're definitely spread. It sounds to me like you're spread pretty thin. I'm so happy you shared that because I always think that maybe I'm doing something wrong if I have so many hustles going at the same time.
Speaker 3: You know, there is something to be said about a master of none, But I will say this much what's worked for me. I don't steal anybody's idea. I really ride my own wave. I made a studio not because there's other podcast studios, because there were no black owned ones that were gonna have podcasters run it. I'd never been to a podcast studio run by a podcaster. I made horrible decisions because I really wanted to do a fun sex show with someone that I knew was authentic, and there were no black shows about sex that were hosted by normal girls. Yeah right, it was always like porn stars or whatever. Everything that I've done so far hadn't seen before except for stock, I would say. But like, I've really rode my own wave, and that's why I think it's worked. So when you do too many different trades and you're taking an idea, like your concept is different. We've all seen a cooking show, but your concept is different, right, Yeah. Yeah, so it's like you have to have something different added to it, and I think that if you don't, you then become a master of none because you're just trying to do things that other people do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 1: I have a fear of I don't even know where this fear came from, but when it comes to partnering with other people, I feel like my greatest asset is my relationships. And it's probably because I have so much integrity. I'm like, dude, I won't hurt a full I really won't even hurt a fly because I want to treat people the way I would want to be treated.
Speaker 2: So my loyalty is there.
Speaker 1: But when I see like you and Mandy working together and you and Alex working together. I'm like, either the integrity on you has got to be super lit or how are you managing that partnership? Because I always get nervous, like what if the other partner doesn't hold up or there's a disagreement?
Speaker 2: So how do you? How do you navigate that?
Speaker 3: My first partnership I've ever had was with Mandy, right, and Mandy and I had stopped we're friends, stopp being friends, became friends again during the show, fell out of friendship again. But I think we are so hungry to make money that we look past that and we're able to think of the greater purpose. Like if I had a co host that wasn't about our fans, maybe I couldn't do the job, you know what I'm saying. But Mandy's a self starter like I am too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's not tough.
Speaker 3: Like Mandy and I were on tour putting together the merch table or doing something with the merchan of the VIP things. And you know, if I see her doing something, I don't want her to do it alone.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, because oh nice, okay.
Speaker 3: You know, And I think she feels the same for me, so we definitely try and trust me, I have a time where I didn't even realize how much work she was putting in with the finance stuff. She's making spreadsheets and shit back then and doing stuff I didn't even understand that works. I would try to do it on the creative side. But like I think, for me, with partnerships, there's a skill set that someone has that I don't. You know, wtf is so about the tech which is all Alex and not me. But I do have to give myself credit on how we were able to get this shit going. I just don't know how much I rent is where the light deep come from. He don't know what the fuck going on, which is great, Yeah, figure out the other shit. Like I really learned how to use our skills and work together in that way, and it's definitely been touched. She's one of my tough he's one of my best friends, and it's like damn, now sometimes it's all work. So we really have to feed that friendship. You know, we have to have a night where we get drunk together and have fun and not talk about work. We have to really do that to enjoy each other and separate it because it's tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know with Dolly. Dolly and I came from the nick Cannon area. A lot of people don't know this.
Speaker 3: So my whole hookup with Black Effects, the president of Black Man, yeah.
Speaker 2: My stuff was an accident. It was legit.
Speaker 1: I was telling Dolly I was literally like flying weed money during the pandemic because I was I was hustling all different directions. But anyways, I was trying to build this show and I was like, Dolly, I think you should be a part of it. But you know, she had this other job offer and she's like should I take him? Like, as long as they don't tell you to go to work, girl, I'm all about taking all checks. I didn't know it was the President of the Black Effect or whatever. They happened to need a cooking show and she pitched Eating while Broke and called me like, you're gonna kill me? And I was like, why would I kill you? And we're actual friends, you know I told you. She's like, I told you know, iHeart and ICM and Charlemagne about Eating while Broke and they loved it. And I was like, okay, so where do I kill you? She's like, well, they you know, we run a podcast network, and your show is you want to do a TV show. I'm like, Dolly, the table was just built in my garage. My neighbors are driving past it. I actually don't even know where this table is gonna go, okay, And I think I had just found out I was pregnant or I was like borderline in that conversation, and I was like, shit, you know I was doing.
Speaker 2: Illegal weed activity.
Speaker 1: I was hustling in all these different plings, but I had this idea that was literally sitting in my garage, Like they just finished putting the forks on the table, and I'm like, Dolly, I'm about to go broke. And I done pitched all my celebrity friends. But I don't even know if we're just taking this table to their house or how we're even doing it. So why would I kill you? Like?
Speaker 2: And she was like, yeah, well, they want.
Speaker 1: To send you an offer, like and I was like, She's like, can you send me all your decks and stuff? And I was like yeah, I had already had everything made. But it was really no reason to kill her. But even to this day, like sometimes as friends, I'll have to get on the phone with her and She'll be like, I don't want to talk business, or we could talk friends. So that's how we managed the friendship. It'd be like, Dolly ain't joining here nothing about work.
Speaker 3: That's tough. When someone's like cutting that's tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I remember the first time I heard an attitude from Dolly when I was asking for more money.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, oh yeah, Dolly will tell me no so fast.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but you know, I separate.
Speaker 3: It is a safe place. It's a safer place than not, you know, in my heart is times with Mandy, I remember being so angry at her. We've definitely thought like I can't do this anymore. Literally, I was like, why I go, fuck it? Where am I going to go? Like all this goddamn money, where am I gonna Where? Am I gonna go work for someone else? Fucking white dude? Like No, I'm gonna make this money with her and figure it the fuck out. Actually, it's interesting with our partnership. I recently was at dinner with someone who asked me about books and money spending and things like that, and I was like, when you talked about integrity, I just thought about it. Whether I'm angry with Mandy or not. I've never thought she would like take money from the company or something. Right with d Alex and I were bestie, so we're not going to fuck each other over. And they were telling me about how someone been sneaking money out of the their partnership. And I never thought of the bad side of what could happen for partnerships, only the good.
Speaker 5: Yea.
Speaker 3: But it's really because I do find strength in numbers, and I think partnership just builds and builds and builds your portfolio. I mean, I would rather have half of ten things, you know what I mean, especially knowing that, Like there's so many times Alex has called me and is like, yo, Neil Brennan is coming in and David Lehiman coming in our studios us right, or maybe I'll hit him up and I'll be like we're locked down for a week. We got a deal from Amazon. Like it's always one or the other, and it really really helps, because when you're trying to get all that different money, you can't do all things. I don't believe in people that are trying to have too much control over everything, you know, That's that's when it gets really tough. That's when you get burnt out. You've got to be able to alleviate some of that. I'm real cheap and I don't even be wanting to give money up to an assistant, but I realize it helps make your life easier.
Speaker 1: Have you have you considered bringing one on yet I have one as it has been helpful.
Speaker 3: Well, our studio is so busy. She's now just the studio manager of the two New York locations. But oh she was amazing, Like she literally helped me with my grandmother's funeral, you know, like when you've got a good one. But my sisters like a real nigga, Like she's not like she's not, Oh she's so great. She'll call me like these mother, Like she helped me with the thing for the wheelchair for my dad today. Right, she sent me a screenshot of an email she was like these motherfucker's trying to play me bruh, and like it's so funny because like you kind of do have to work with someone that makes you feel comfortable. You know, if she was too tidied up, I don't think I can do it. Yeah, But like I love partnering and working with people that make me feel like I'm at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, because when we.
Speaker 3: Face the world, there's a different person across that, you know what I'm saying. So knowing that we hire black and hire people that are a vibe like yeah, it's just it's so great, yeah.
Speaker 1: I think, but also finding someone that really is invested in your vision and your long term goals. I know with my crew, I love them, like if I feel something's de routing, I'm like, dinner, lunch, we're getting together. Let's get to the table and find out what's going on. But we I genuinely like love my crew, Like.
Speaker 3: Everybody that works for me, I would want to have a drink with them. Yeah. That to me, I don't want to hire anybody that makes me fe like getting my nerves and they're weird or like yeah, I want to know they're cool, whether they be nerdy as fuck and maybe we don't share those hobbies, like yeah, there has to be some connection there or I won't maybe care as much. And I think my thing to being a good boss is giving a fuck yeah, you know, writing down everyone's birthdays, making sure I get them a gift, sending them text, telling them I appreciate them. I also don't say people work for me. Like, if I'm in front of someone, I feel like that's.
Speaker 2: Do you do you call them like your team? How do you reference them?
Speaker 3: I'd be like, I say we work together. If someone wants to know, oh, I like that. Even if they walk in the studio and they know on the owner, I'd be like, this is Danny, he works with us, or like that just makes me more comfortable.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I find a lot of condescendingness and when people kind of just be like they work for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was at an event the other day and someone said, just so you know, I'm her boss, and I was like, yeah, I don't know if you had to say that. I don't even know the point of saying it. But I think mainly in corporate and maybe not very small smaller.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want to say an entrepreneurs. I don't know, but I do see.
Speaker 1: I guess if you're not at the higher level, you see that more because I don't even think the executives be like I'm the boss.
Speaker 3: No, but like look at Connell from Our Heart, Yeah, he was hugging everybody and chilling. I'm like, what, I don't know, yeah, yeah, yeah, but you know that's the thing too. I feel like there's this middle of success when you try to prove yourself. I can only relate to this. When I was kind of getting some decent money, I wanted to wear leubatons. I wanted to wear my fucking one Louis Biton bag everywhere. I needed to throw it in your face.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now I'm kind of like, you know what I mean, Like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well that's how I feel about Montessori school right now. Every time I see someone, I'm like, I pay.
Speaker 2: Two thousand dollars a month for my one year old to go to school. I should just have it as a billboard at this point.
Speaker 1: Oh bro, I feel like I'm luxury and that's really probably a regular person thing.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, now that's a lot.
Speaker 3: That's better than they care, you.
Speaker 1: Know, I literally, but I brag about it, like and I'm pretty I saw some comedian talk about like how when black people brag when they're rich, Asian people brag when they're rich, and how white people brag when they're rich, and I was like, yeah, I'm definitely the black person that was like, I pay two games.
Speaker 3: I try to find ways in a point where I'm feeling a little inferior. Yeah, sometimes people you never know they making my like it's I can't explain it. But there's moments where people will make you feel like you don't belong in the room there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's when I might do a little bit of really. Oh yeah, I'm trying to think. The last time I haven't I had this story. I told him horrible. It's on our Patreon where I came back from Paris and I was hanging in this Beyonce and jay Z party. It was very small, like thirty people, and after that you couldn't tell me shit. It was me and alex I was like fuck you bitch, and Mionce with like, you know, in the air together. So I just kept finding ways to bring it up. So we went to like Spotify dinner that week and everybody's just like, oh, horrible decisions. Never heard of it. Yes, actually I've been to France, not that you asked, was there whatever, but like i'd be trying to figure out a way, but I don't know, And I think that's kind of when you do have and I know that I came from something, so I just can't say it came from nothing, but like when you had that struggle, you want to know, you want people to know I belong here too, Yeah, because I have a lot of hell of privileged people that I know don't really.
Speaker 2: Have that that driver or the that that they're the backstory, they don't need to.
Speaker 3: Like I hang with this really rich girl sometimes when I'm in LA, like grew up rich. I think our family's got a fucking castle somewhere. And I never really see her tell you anything about her life because she realizes it's so it's not part of her story. Yeah, like everything she's experienced isn't exciting. Like when I told her about the Beyonce and jay Z thing, She's like, oh yeah. I'm like, well you met them before. She's like, yeah, well I used to hang with the Rnall's when I was a kid who own LVMA.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious And I'm like, okay.
Speaker 3: It's to note the bitch, But like you know, so, I'm like, oh, I wonder if it kind of shows that you don't really have much. But what I appreciate is like people that can enjoy with you. Like the first person I called after that Beyonce and jay z night was charlottmgne cover bed with his wife who was eleven thirty at night. Me and Alex are drunk in the street or something like, oh, I tell somebody And he was so excited and laughing and he's like, y'all in now, I'm like, brouh. The next time I see them one name, but they put it home the Bitch for Paris, and it's just this cool, exciting milestone. But maybe I will get to the place where it doesn't matter anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know, hope not, no, no, no no. So now that you've traveled the world, you owned companies, you're flying your family out, what advice would you give to someone.
Speaker 2: That would even just in my shoes? You know?
Speaker 1: What advice would you give to someone that's playing hasn't fully taken off the ground yet and they've been hovering for a long time.
Speaker 3: I would say, thinking bigger than the biggest thing you're thinking of. I think that we sell ourselves short a lot. Whether it be I don't know. This is just made me thinking right. Eating while Broke is currently a podcast. It seems like next up is TV show that seems like what that is? Right?
Speaker 1: But I also want to do touring, which eighty five South has been like just do it, but Dolly's like hell no, and eighty five for South is like do that shit?
Speaker 3: Why does Dolly say now.
Speaker 1: She thinks I need to spend more time growing my audience like baby steps and then but I low key secretly want to do ice cube in LA.
Speaker 3: I would tell you for this piece of advice, then I would say, you do it in the middle. You do one show. You do one show in your hometown or where your largest base of audience is, and that's LA, right, I'm assuming yeah. So it's like you do your LA show, you don't tour, you do your LA show. You practice, you get your biggest fan based there, you already have all your friends come. It's probably where all the talent you know is. So you do it right there in LA. After you do that, then you kind of get your feet wet or this space is semi big. Make a Patreon or invite your top fans, mit fifteen fans really and write fifteen fans, have them sitting wide laugh with you. Uh, maybe put the ingredients out there and be like this is what I got, y'all gonna help me make this meal? Maybe they just shout at you and they share stories with you.
Speaker 1: When you, guys did your Patreon, what were you what was your first Like, did you even think you would make money when you first did the Patreon?
Speaker 3: No, we make way too much on Patreon now. I mean I'm sure like there you know, there's patreons bigger than me. But like we did it before. I think we were one of the first black popular podcasts that we know on there. Like we had our first year of year seven, I mean the first year of your seven, and we only did it to make more money for the studio. Mandy and I were like, this shit costing too much. We ain't making no money. Friend of mine was like, have you heard of l Chrapo trap House something like that? It's like a white podcast. I was like no, and he's like, they make like ninety round Patreon.
Speaker 1: You should do You guys were like, dude, du what's that right?
Speaker 3: I mean, shit, we don't make ninety, but we do make twenty.
Speaker 2: Get the hang out on Patreon mm hm, get the.
Speaker 3: But to be honest, though, our Patreon, like we started a high very early of people that really resonated with Mandy and I because we were corporate girls talking about sex, and it was kind of the life that if you didn't live it, you'd want to live it, or you could see yourself living it like host stories while like being overdraft and are you know, being at your desk whatever. So we made Patreon. It was to get extra money for filming. I remember a thousand dollars a month feeling perfect.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah that's not I know that sounds small.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So when it got higher, Mandy and I just started spelling more of our personal lives on Patreon, and it became like we were just talking to fans instead of like doing a show. You know, like we have so so many guests now that people that really fucked with Mandy and Wheezy they want Patreon. Like a lot of people enjoy those episodes more. I love like a better looking set, but I get it, Mandy and I'd be on zoom. I'd be hungover shit. I think I was still mollied out on one episode. I was like, oh my god, you guys didn't sleave anyway, Like people like that shit when you're very raw, and so we offer that so it's something different. But yeah, I wouldn't write your closest fans if it's not Patreon right now, figure out where you talk to them the most, have them come and watch. Well.
Speaker 1: I think this season is the most I've seen fans reach out, which, by the way, I'm absolutely shocked. I'll get a DM like please don't stop, please don't quit.
Speaker 2: We love this sir. Yeah, or like I promise you're asking the questions that we want.
Speaker 1: You to hear, and I'll be like, thank you, because I for sure had a shitty day today and I really want to jump off a bridge. But that message just like literally, I know it's random, but you help them. Yeah, I'm like, you taketed the right time, and I will respond that like, Yo, the timing couldn't have been better, thank you for saving my life.
Speaker 3: Fans too, like we look at other people's numbers and comparison is a thief and joy.
Speaker 2: Oh, I definitely do.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, look at them, but you know now, I look at y'all and I'll be like, take notes.
Speaker 3: Change when we're in line to them, right, Like I remember when call her Daddy made the sixty thousand dollars sixty million right, and I was like, oh my god. I'll never get me. I was saying ship like that. I don't have that. I'm like this podcast makes how much? Like why am I talking like this?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: And we really have to pour into ourselves better because we always are looking at something else. I do it with my body doing my hair. Shit, I was almost like, oh my god, my hair is not brain different. The got my hair like thinking about all this little ship that doesn't fucking matter. And it's like we need to really learn how to be happy with ourselves because like, I think social media has bucked me up. I'm getting way better at it, but like body, hair, clothes and success, they're all the things I see on Instagram and think I'm not doing well enough with h and this is fucked up. But it did happen to me. I went to solid Core, which is this like plate's ish cool thing to do. It's in La Chicago, New York, Big Cities, Atlanta, and there's a girl on Instagram I follow that. I always thought she was like so fucking insanely hot. When I was in the workout, she was right next to me and I recognized her halfway through. She was really struggling. And it's not like it's something to make fun of. You're already working out. But I got in the car and I thought, oh my god, I have I'm stronger than I thought. I was right. I'm looking at this girl all the time on my timeline, thinking she's the baddest bitch in the world. And I had something like she even said to me. I was like, damn bitch, she was getting it right. We don't know each other, and I was like, wow, there's something we all have that someone else doesn't. So when you're looking and you're thinking that, it's not shit me. I want kids so bad. Really, yes, I would love to have kids, like I would love to have.
Speaker 2: Over to you for a weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh my mom would love to watch over. My mom love taking somebody's baby.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Oh she's in LA.
Speaker 1: That's perfect because I ain't got no family in I pay every minute a well.
Speaker 3: Well, my mom will act like it's an inconvenience, but she can't wait to do it. Let me watch your baby, Colleen called me, and now I've got to watch this damn baby. Now'll get in the house, baby proud anyway, I'll talk to you later. Like she loves taking somebody's problems on her kids or anything, and like, yeah, but I think about that. I think.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: I was at a friend's kids graduation, her daughter graduately needs her, and I was like, like three people had asked me for a picture when I was in the auditorium, and I remember thinking, like, I wonder if they think I'm like living this cool ass like but somebody was like, damn, you came from LA to be here. Someone said that to me, and I was like, when I could like die to be one of the parents in the front. Oh wow, But you never know, right, Like there's always something we all want. I think we all need that little drama in our lives to keep going.
Speaker 1: You think so oh, like the when you say drama, like the need to want something more?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are we going to be autopilot if we have all we want? Like what do you want?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: I want this guy's limit.
Speaker 1: It's funny though, because I used to always want like the marriage and the baby, because I always felt like I was good at business and then I just sucked at personal. But now that I experienced marriage and the baby, I'm like, I think I'm gonna stay in my business life because I suck at it. It's just like yo, you know what I have to chop it up to Like, it's just not my forte. I don't know why I can't master my personal but I could.
Speaker 3: It's tough. We all can't because it's not something you can control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, maybe that's it because I feel like in business, like I will pivot the fuck if it's not working, pivot again, pivot again. But then in my personal I'd be like, oh, you went left. I don't even know what to say.
Speaker 3: Is tough. Yeah, money we can control, Like I feel like I can make a million dollars easier than I can find a good person to date. I mean, it's fucked up to say that, but I really do believe that. I feel like when it's things you can control, like you can't control money. Let's say, like right, like there's people out there that are working hard as fucking or not getting there, but like you could possibly take up another hustle to find some more money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I was taking pictures out of Oo pizzeria on the side because they would give me one hundred dollars a night, okay for five hours, and I would just take pictures, pictures and I would flip them a little bit. You know what I'm saying. The pictures of fifteen, but i'd tell people with twenty Yeah, yeah, that's like finding that hustle. I was on Craigslist looking for gig jobs. That was a caddy girl one day, Like I told you that.
Speaker 1: But that's what I'm saying. Like, do you think now do you think entrepreneurs are like born out the womb or do you think they could go to college and then become an entrepreneur.
Speaker 3: I don't think entrepreneurs are for everyone. Yeah, because I think it's too exhausting. Yeah, Like I think working a nine to five, I think the goal for me, before realizing I wanted to be an entrepreneur, I wanted to make two fifty at a.
Speaker 2: Corporate I'm still praying to hit that too fuch at a corporate job.
Speaker 3: Oh, at a corporate That to me would have made me not do anything else. Okay, because the one seventy five was great. I was living a great apartment and traveling, but my parents needed help and I was like, oh, I need more money for my parents. If I had two fifty, that's money I could have to help them. And if I want to have a kid, I can live in this money, but mind you in New York. Yeah yeah, like two fifty in another city might be a million dollars. Yeah, my rent even then was twenty five. It's crazy, bro Yeah. But I say all that to say nine to fivers are making a lot more money than entrepreneurs. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Entrepreneurs are out here really struggling. It's tough. But I think it's because some people are chasing a dream that they think they should do when really that's not it.
Speaker 1: How would they identify the dream that is it though? And from the dream that isn't.
Speaker 3: I think one if it feels like a passion, are you happy doing it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Are you doing it because you actually love this? Like why do you love making? Eating while broke?
Speaker 1: I just love great rags to riches stories, Like I have some rich friends and they always tell me they were like in jail somewhere or they were so on the ask somewhere, and I'm like, wait, you and you live in the seven thousand square Foo mansion in La Oh, tell me more. And I just love it. Like I would hang out and I just love the stories. I'd be like, Okay, but you know.
Speaker 3: And I would say then with your audience and feeling inspired.
Speaker 2: But I was.
Speaker 1: Definitely lucky because I felt like the friends that I have, like if I'm like, Damn, this bill was high, I'd be like, you wouldn't understand it, be like try me. I'd be like a thousand bucks to be like, no, that bill's.
Speaker 2: High, you know. I'd really and they'd be like, no, it's high, you know.
Speaker 1: And so luckily I was fortunate to be with some friends that really like that. I felt like, damn, you're hanging out with me, Like if you and I hung out, I would be lowkey geeked just because you have a great personality, but I would also be lowkey geeked because I'm like I look up to you, like I definitely admire you, you know.
Speaker 3: I feel like that with people sometimes where I'm like, are we like we're peers? Right? No matter if maybe like maybe my podcast has been going on longer than yours, you're like, oh, that's what I'm gonna get, Like it's still appears.
Speaker 2: Well, you're more than just a pot.
Speaker 1: Like in my eyes, well you and Mandy accomplished was great, But you gotta think you're a beautiful attractive woman in the entertainment industry. I have sidebar conversations all the time. I'll leave a meeting, I'll be like, this person wants to fuck, and my friends will be like, how do you know, and be like, Bro, I've been in this game way too long. I can tell by the questions that the hints they want to fuck, and then I gotta navigate that. So to be attractive woman, Okay, then you're an entertainment. Then you're an entrepreneurs, then you're handling all this business. Then you're sale. When I hear sales, nothing excites me, you know how you get when I hear a girl could sell, I'll be like, oh, this is a it says, this is a real, real time, you know. But so I look at someone like you and I'm like, yeah, I would definitely be in awe like you know, like you know geeks, and same with my friends. Like I have my homie day Storm, I'll hang out in his house or whatever. He literally will only hang out when we work out, which sucks because his workouts are absolutely terrifyingly terriblely hard workouts.
Speaker 2: Like if I want to have a talk a day Storm, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, I'll be at your house at four to work out, and it'll be the worst workout of the century, you know, But I still look up to him, and I'll still be like geeked, Like yo, I could walk into your house or borrow your house for the weekend. And but I, even though we're friends, I still look up to you, and you're vulnerable. But they're the real inspiration behind my show. They're realize stories and realize advice.
Speaker 3: And honestly sharing that to the world and then you receiving that fan feedback and things like that, like having the passion that making you feel good learning in the middle of your job. That's how you know you keep going, you know what I'm saying. But also I think the largest mistake entrepreneurs make is if they have a regular job or a steady gig, they leave it for the passion before the passion flourishes. Yeah, and I didn't do that, Like I was working eighty hours a week doing horrible and yeah, you know, literally coming in with my suitcase to the office, like, oh, I went to go see my parents, but really I had a fucking four hundred seat show that we fill down and like that. Today is different now it's double right and it feels great, but like, nah, I had to do both. I think living in the entertainment industry today is interesting because it could be anybody, right, Like, influencers have really ruined fame?
Speaker 2: You think so?
Speaker 1: Yes, I guess I could see that. It's weird because I see, like I feel like they're self made and they work very hard, like when you look at the behind the scenes, they work hard.
Speaker 2: But I definitely will say I don't know. I would like to hear your perspective on it.
Speaker 3: I think influencers ruined fame because not saying that they're talentless, the content creation as a form of a talent. Like if the Internet is gone, then where do you take it and what do you do with it? You know, I have a big influencer that reached out to me. They're not going broke or anything like they're making like maybe thirty fortieth posts, but they reached out to me and we're like, I need you to have dinner with me or some shit and influences me to do some other shit. Because I realized this is like just what if Instagram doesn't want me to do ads anymore? What if Instagram stops advertisments for influencers, what if the hashtag goes away? Like she was terrified, and it was when TikTok was about to get banned or something, and I was like, damn. I'm like, I don't know half of my nas year off of heigi ads. But she was right, like I didn't do anything else. I've just been learning this one skill and that shit is tough because like, I don't know, I wouldn't want my kids to be an influencer. I think it also inflates when I say it ruined fame, like you have movie stars, actors, actresses, and even podcasters make fame to me, like it's not real.
Speaker 1: Well, I've seen people too that will get like ten thousand followers and they all already switch up. I'm like, yo, if your bank account still read zero, who gives a fuck about some likes?
Speaker 3: But the same shit is weird because the likes and all this stuff makes you think you're better than you are when there's so many more of you, so you really have to find a thing that makes you different. Like honest, I follow so many girls that are just hot and kind of look the same because of their clothes or their workouts. Or whatever. I don't think I know their names.
Speaker 2: Really no.
Speaker 3: I remember sitting at Lucy and it's my favorite restaurant New York. I always go there in the East Village and I was looking at this girl and I tapped her and I was like, do I know you? Do we have a school together? Genuinely didn't know. I feel like I know you, And she was like, oh, I'm an influencer. I was like, maybe I follow you. What's your name? Didn't ring a bell? Looked at it and I was like, damn, I've been following this bitter a minute.
Speaker 2: But that's it.
Speaker 3: You're not even connecting to the content. Yeah, because it's just grid post after grid post up or something something. That's why people like just hilarious Drew Ski a Pretty V. They fucking stick out because we know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah and they yeah, but those are also like I know. Well, I'll say for Pretty V because we had her aunt, she's she's also hard.
Speaker 2: She's like a hustler too.
Speaker 1: I would say she's she's more of an entrepreneur than an influencer. Know she started that way, you know you could. I feel the same with like b Simone, but something that.
Speaker 3: I have something that they do.
Speaker 1: But I will say I honestly say like and it could be just me vibed, but I would say almost ninety percent of my guests have true integrity. There's somewhere I'll be like after interview reps, I'll be like, Wow, I called bullshit, and I won't say who, but there was a couple of episodes where my team I'll be like, damn, that was a bullshit, meaning like they looked bigger than what they were. And then when I got in, I was like, you don't know your shit, You're a fake.
Speaker 3: Maybe some people just get lucky.
Speaker 1: They got lucky, or they didn't name drop like hey, your baby mama helped you, or your mom helped you. Why wouldn't you give them the credit that they deserved.
Speaker 3: Strange when people don't credit those that helped along the way.
Speaker 2: I think it's completely strange.
Speaker 3: Do you know one of them?
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're on my show and I catch it, I won't say it in front of the guests, but I will go me even the show raps, I'll be like, I called bullshit. They left out somebody because their story isn't adding up, And I will literally you could ask my crew.
Speaker 2: I will be wait, it was.
Speaker 3: Mine, the sugar Daddy.
Speaker 2: Your story was as real as they get.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know you could tell because they'll be a missing gap. You know, they'll be like some part of the story where you'd be like that that doesn't line up. There's something missing there. I can always tell because I like, well, you.
Speaker 3: Know, sometimes the struggle isn't what people like to show, right the highlight reels that they need to show.
Speaker 2: The struggle on this show.
Speaker 1: On this show, you gotta tell me to credit your wife.
Speaker 3: If you're not giving other people their flower, it never takes from you. I was gonna say to you, Charlottagne makes me do that more than anyone like. It makes me thank my team so much. Like I've never seen anyone be so gracious towards those around him, even when I pay him a compliment, just no one else around Damn you kill this shit man. That was some though.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, okay, I've never really I've seen Charlomage one time, so I literally saw him, was like, thank you so much for everything you do for me.
Speaker 3: Have a good day. Wait, you just met him in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was it. And that's all I said was thank you.
Speaker 3: What every Christian famous person like normal and authentic. And I think I made a joke on a podcast and I tested it once. I was like, man like, they were like, who do you think is someone that you've met that's a celebrity that you expected to be different? I was like, Charlomanne answers the phone every time. I think it's very strange. Yeah, because you're so like, he's literally answered. I could hear him at the breakfast. I was up, he's monnies me, Like, just really wants to make sure he's accessible to people that he cares about. And I think that's what's inspired me to be a really good leader and just all around good person when it comes to people that have paved the way, because like, we don't see that, we see a lot of I I I, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Also, I think the cool thing about him is that he has like an all black woman team pretty much, and he treats all those women great. Because I've worked for other people and with other people in the industry and it ain't like that it's more of the boy's club. I see the boys getting blessed and the woman getting dirty.
Speaker 3: And Charlemagne is very much again an authentic person. Yeah, Like I heard him on a I had a call with him for something else, and the other person on the other end of the call was very like, what's the word I'm looking for, almost like a shell of themselves trying to show you how great they are. Charlamagne was in a T shirt in South Carolina, I think visiting family, or maybe he was outside of his crib, but he was like on a chair on a porch, just looking like he was chilling, and everybody else is suited up, and he's like, y'all are so lucky for me to be on this call. Just I could tell you that's what he's thinking. And he's so much of himself and still giving you gems. And I was like, Wow, he didn't even feel the need to like do it up for some Hollywood people. Yeah, because he knows like this. His brand is so raw, and I think we have to be that way. We can't try to be the person that we think other people would like, because they'll smell it just like you do. You know what I'm saying. People smell that all day every day. You could be a casual listener that's in that YouTube that's like this person's a liar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people clock it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And for you to know that as someone that's bringing these people in, like I think that says a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Eventually we'll get to the.
Speaker 1: Space where there's like I can actually call bullshit on the mic. I'm not there yet, I know, but there have been a couple where I'm like, bull shit, what about you?
Speaker 3: Being like, there's got to be a.
Speaker 1: Oh I go in and you can tell because they won't answer the question. And that's how I know it's bullshit. I'll be like, Okay, you're just boying. I'll ask seven different ways. I'm like, Okay, I call bullshit, but I won't say it on the mic yet. I'm not there yet.
Speaker 3: Plus I gotcha host, They're like, oh, like be there for the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then also like there's the uncomfortable space, you know with our shows, like we dig into the vulnerability a little bit deep, and I like to say to everybody it's a safe space. Like if I think there's something that you're going to say on our show that I think is going to ruin your career or cancel you do you don't even have to send your publicists or whoever over to like, oh my god, Colleen or beg me, I'm going to remove it just on game. I'm just you shared your story.
Speaker 3: I completely agree with you. I think that keeping those moments like I've seen Megan James, I mean, I don't want to talk too much shit. She's spent some money about WTS Studio, but there's some clips where I'm like, WHOA, yeah, you know, like I'm kind of surprised you invite someone in your space to like do that m h. And she's just sticking out of my mind right now. I'm not saying she's like a terrible person, but it's a it's a style interviewing that works for her. Maybe she's on more streams than almost who knows, But like, I don't know if I could do it.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel about honestly, like Jason Lee, to be honest, I feel like some of the stuff he'd be doing, I'll be like, well maybe, And I have this conversation with little brother all the time, and I'm always like, ego, maybe maybe I should sell out, Like because I look at such and such kind of like how you look at social media, be like, look at this person. It's like they're really honestly, like they don't give a fuck about anybody's career, you know, and then they Jason Lee.
Speaker 3: At Charlemagne back in the day, I'm Magan James. I think you know what you're getting when you go on the door. Yeah, And I think people almost it's like ze Way. People would say, how the fuck does anyone keep going on there?
Speaker 2: Like, you know, I don't know what ze Way is, but.
Speaker 3: You don't know what she's the black girl that had the show on Showtime where she would ask people questions and like should Julia Fox. Charlemagne was a guest on there. She was her famous one.
Speaker 2: But what was she ask them?
Speaker 3: She would just ask them questions that would make them look bad. Oh really, Like she showed Charlemgne a diagram and had them point out someone She was like, oh, so you think that white people are superior type shit? Oh okay, But like it's like she was one of those and I think like people prepare themselves for those funny Marco. I don't know how people.
Speaker 1: Say what that nes is that the one is where the guy just says like insulting things or something kind of yeah, because I saw that show and I was like, look, I just love that show period.
Speaker 3: But like it's content.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's content is very good.
Speaker 3: I think maybe it's just content that I can't make, but yeah, you know, it's hard for me to push unless I think something's wrong, Like I do Man on the Street for my TV show a lot. Yesterday, this guy talked about how he had another girl to work or do something and I was like, he's black. Oh, all kind of girls you day, and he's like, I prefer white. And then I can see the camera crewisers in the back, like oh, like really, he was like, yeah, I just updated a black girl and they're really crazy. I was like, okay, so have you ever met a Karen? He was like, well, I don't think that type of way. Oh, but there are crazy white women.
Speaker 1: But basically right now, my future ex husband he loves white women. But his thing is that black women's standards are are higher or like they're not as easy as a white girl, and so he lives for the white girls.
Speaker 2: He lives for that's.
Speaker 3: Literally only cheated, I mean the white women, to the point that I was like, you must, yeah, you must, you're dating me, So your mom is happy. Yeah, and then I realized, oh, maybe I was just light skinning up.
Speaker 1: Like, do you This is completely random, but I have a pet peeve about dating a guy that only dates mixed girls.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I haven't missed.
Speaker 2: I feel like you haven't.
Speaker 3: Only I didn't know, Like you don't know until.
Speaker 2: You don't know, but when you find I know.
Speaker 1: For me, I just feel like there's a little bit of colorism issues there, Like dudes that are like I only like light skin I'm like, all right, I don't know, that's weird. But I started to think when my ex husband my future that maybe he maybe he genuinely just likes white girls and he's just saying that as like a cover up.
Speaker 2: No, I think you're right.
Speaker 3: He's like, hey, she light white in a different light, Yeah, exactly, like on some real shit. I think it's kind of scary because you really have to clock them as light skinn people. You gotta clock them as mixed girls like this shit is not cute for like a man that you're dating to only date. I had a guy tell me once that I was acting dark skin He told me it was crazy that my hair wasn't super curly. Like most mixed girls. Wow, And he was like, you talk different. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah I don't like that. Yeah I don't. I won't. I won't.
Speaker 1: Well right now, thank god, I'm like one hundred percent focused on not dating, which is this is the longest I've ever been seeing.
Speaker 3: That's when they be coming too. I'll be trying to act like I'm not focused on dating. I'll walk in the club and be like, I'm not looking for anyone. I like how you be positioned in it too. I want to date so bad, man, but it's it's tough, and honestly.
Speaker 1: How do you juggle a breakup with a with a business. Honestly, I'm terrible. If it wasn't for my high school friends scooping me off the floor behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: Girl, he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be okay, you know what I'm saying, Like, I have responsibilities, like hate to get more of it. But the only things that have kept me from killing myself is my dog and my team. And it's not because they're encouraging me to stay, you know, and it's like, hey, we need you to be alive so we can make money. But like, literally I think about them and I'm like one of the people that worked for me I recently found out used to be homeless and thanks me all the time for being able to do things for their mother now and like it's fucking wild. I get random texts from a lot of our staff at two in the morning, love working with you, and I'm like, all these niggas is wrong and it's such a good feeling. But I think about that. I think about that when I'm getting down on myself, like how dare you? Yeah, you know what I mean, Like, you are helping all of these people. I'm gonna leave my parents alone in the world. And when I tell you, my dog no bullshit. I was just being trauma queen one day. I was like, I don't want to be here anymore. And I looked at her. I was like, who's gonna feed me up with those little things? Like really got to bring you back. But when running those businesses, I'm sure for people that are listening that only have themselves, you probably feel like, well, who do I fight for? You? Fight for your future self?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right? Everything is momentary. When you're broke, it's momentary. Sometimes when you get in a big check, it might be momentary.
Speaker 2: Like everything is.
Speaker 3: Kind of momentary. It's just that feeling that will last for a little bit, as strong emotions only for a little bit, even when you're crazy in love. It just kind of lasts for a period of time. And I think that when we're down, we feel like it's the end. But you've gotta have faith in your future self.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. I'm a personally remember that.
Speaker 1: No, now that I have Zariyah, my daughter, I'm like, yo, if you leave and you the number one gangst the soldier for her, ain't nobody gonna go harder for ze than you?
Speaker 2: Then then what's she gonna have?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, shit, I guess, I guess that's it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. But I do think too though.
Speaker 1: Sometimes when you are having a bad day and you have all these responsibilities, I'll.
Speaker 2: Be like, well, how can I go? I got like sixteen things planned next week that I have to get done. I can't even take the one day off.
Speaker 3: This is why they said they all done. There say this thing about how you have to have something for two week, month, No, I think next days, week or month. I can't remember what it is, but it's basically so that you don't get to where you feel like you have nothing. There has to be something on the calendar, whether it be a workout, whether it be a nail, something you scheduled for yourself. Even if it's not a trip, it's dinner at a cool place. You gotta have something because if you don't have that, then you feel hopeless, like we need to have those things. My mother actually gets like that. My mom's in her seventies. She gets so bored.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to bring the riots to your mom.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, baby something to do bad. She does it with random people in like restaurants, especially if they're like black and cool. Shed just be looking at the baby. She won't talk either. She'll just start to do this while the mom's eating it's fine, and then keep talking to me.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, oh, weezy, it was such a good time having you that.
Speaker 2: I hope that now that you're in LA, or when you pop in LA, you hit me up.
Speaker 1: Please do and hopefully you know if you pass a rich dude and you want to pull me to my first school, I want to. I want to experience I've never done it girl arrangement.
Speaker 2: I will. I'm serious.
Speaker 3: I want to Chuggard at your website.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna check it out and I'm gonna be texting you girl. You would not believe it.
Speaker 3: Financial domination, Financial domination. You got to make people feel like shiit online and they just send you money for doing it.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm gonna I'm gonna look up all these pay picks, pay picks, but thank you for taking time out of be a crazy schedule to come visit and cook for me before we close out? Can you tell everybody all the different assets that you have and how to keep up with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on tour right now. Horrible Decisions. This is our final tours, the climax. We're not breaking up, we just really are Like, touring is a lot of work. Can't do it. So check us out on her hive dot com and Horrible Decisions. Visit if you're an up and coming podcaster of a studio in New York and LA. It's super affordable. You can literally record for sixty bucks if you wanted to, or a thousand if you're rich. And my TV show Sex, I was confused stream that motherfucker because that's the place that got the most mouthed to be so.
Speaker 2: Really just literally sit in streaming not really help. No, I want to watch it.
Speaker 3: It's really fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm definitely gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: It's a cute show. I go to a brothel this season. It's not out yet, but I've become a processing really. Oh yeah, I sat down with a client.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm definitely watching it was crazy.
Speaker 3: My favorite episode of all time on there was when my mom did phone sex. That was crazy.
Speaker 2: I feel like I would be greatest phone sex.
Speaker 3: By the way, maybe you would, it's I would.
Speaker 2: I would be phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Just so I covered the business that does it. She teaches women how to keep them on the phone.
Speaker 2: And like, I was in a celibate relationship, so I will say.
Speaker 3: I just got out of a smular relationship.
Speaker 2: Really, I hated it, and I absolutely hated it.
Speaker 1: I have hundred and then I got with my husband, who was like the opposite, just a SuperH and I was like.
Speaker 2: This is the best.
Speaker 1: But it came out of a celibate relationship and ran right to the opposite.
Speaker 3: Oh no, yeah, you need to do it three times a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But thank y'all for tuning in to another episode of Eating while Broke.
Speaker 2: I'm your girl. Colleen, and this is Wheezy Bye, y'all.
Speaker 3: Bys.
Speaker 1: For more eating while broke from iHeartRadio and The Black Effect, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.