Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by bet three six five. It's me Joey P the slumpbuster, that is the Welsh. Look at that fresh dew on the Welsh. Somebody got a haircut, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks, and we're here to talk baseball for the next though. I don't know thirty minutes or so. Great show coming up for you today, your dynasty folks, or even to redraft folks in deeper leagues. Welsh has a phenomenal segment coming up today based on an article he's got up on Fantasypros dot com looking at some of those minor league stashes, giving a little minor league report, which is great. We're right out of the gate with some fun stuff there. Tough day in betting. We will take our l's. It's been nothing but rainbows and sunshine in that market for a while, but unfortunately yesterday was doom and gloom. But that's okay. We get back on the horse today, short slate, but Welsh, the hair looks really good today. I gotta ask somebody who hasn't had a haircut in eighteen years now, what what does a haircut cost? I don't even know.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to disappoint and it might be obvious with really how my hair ins up being. I haven't gone to a barber in like fifteen plus years. It's all done at the house and just be boo bee boo beeps, nothing special or anything like that. If I did, maybe i'd get like, like, you know, you know what everybody's doing, like the like the lines through it or something like that, or maybe the Fantasy Pro's logo, get like just cut right into the side of my hair.
Speaker 3: That would be cool. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I assume it's a million dollars. Everything is a million dollars now. I'm an old person.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I remember when this was like twenty dollars. It's eighty dollars now. So yeah, Michael in there said fifty dollars with tip.
Speaker 1: I remember it was.
Speaker 3: Like fifteen dollars a great collar. It was like fifteen bucks when I was getting haircuts.
Speaker 1: Fifty dollars to get your hair I remember twenty five or something like that. That's kind of the last time I got the inflation's a bitch, I guess I don't know, go cards once to know you got floby at home?
Speaker 3: Floby See, I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Say, I Bet Walsh doesn't even know what a floby is now. A floby was a hair cutting device created in the early nineties where you could be at home and self cut your hair. It was almost like a vacuum for your hair and it would and it would cut as it certainly does suck, that's for sure. And there you go Mike Mayers saying fifty dollars with tip. So there you go. So Mike Mayer knows because he's got the fresh cut every sing. So you know what is weird?
Speaker 2: Though, it's so fun interesting you're saying this, like I see more barbers than I see like supercuts or whatever. Like it's trendier to have like barber places than it is having those chains.
Speaker 3: Maybe I will go do do one.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do a social behind the scenes video. Joe, you go do one too. What could they do for you? Maybe trim up the beard or.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Well, when Manscape used to be our I don't want to watch that one a different show. But our sponsor now is bet three six five Bet five bucks. You get one hundred and fifty and bonus bets, but do not sign up out using that promo code. Leading off support the show Support BET three six five, our sponsor for twenty twenty four. They do great work over there. And speaking of great work, oh man, I'm doing great work busting people out of slumps. Where are we gonna start, mister Alvarez? That's right, four for five, not one, but two homers. It's a pretty good day. I mean I might even just show the leaderboard right now. Is it too soon to do it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wait, there it is. Oh there's the leaderboard. Look at me. They'll get me all the way up at five, tied for third after just two days. Well, you're like on a cliff there. You're literally hanging on there, Ethan. Did you a solid just keeping you on the graphic? In my opinion, that's what happened there. But we'll get to that later. But I changed this too because of your call. I had yelich and then I yeah, at the last minute, I was like, you know what I'm feeling, Alice is today.
Speaker 2: Also twice that and I don't get you don't get to like claim everybody or anything like that. But twice, I promise you all my life. Harper, I was like, I was gonna pick Harper, and I went away, for I was picking Alvarez. He was the BVP players today, and I went away from it like a big stupid idiot. Not It is one thing that you are getting these home run calls and I know exactly what we're in for.
Speaker 3: But then also that I pivoted pivot away. It's hurting. It's hurting, Joey.
Speaker 1: Here we go. We're at nineteen thousand subscribers here, by the way, and Renegade says, when we get to twenty, well should shave his head, And I'm all for that. That's how your what? Well, your wife doesn't like your beer. She likes a clean shaven.
Speaker 2: So why like, we're gonna fight this for quite some time because I don't think I don't think I can. I don't think I'm gonna look good in a bald head, so trust me.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we shall see. Well your noveras looked good yesterday, that's for sure. Christian Xavier. Five shutout innings there, three strikeouts and that wins. So good day for Houston. Gooday for Choyotani two for four with a solo homer or Glass now strikeout seven. Good start there, they get a w over the Giants. Kyle Harrison gave up four runs in that start Aaron Judge to run homer, So there you go. I was gonna pick him today. Hey, you know if the Yankees were playing to bust him out of this lump. But it already happened yesterday, so that's okay.
Speaker 2: And you see Tory Levello two with the Diamondbacks, he said he was kicking they were kicking themselves for not walking Aaron Judge, and that it was a weird contest if you watch it with the Diamondbacks, because it was like Yankees got up and Diamondbacks got back, and it was there's a lot of oddities were going on. And the Diamondbacks ended that game. I don't know if you saw this. They had no more hitters on the bench, and they had to put out Scott McGuff, the relief pitcher, as their final out. They had nobody with I think two men on, and Scott McGuff was on to try to potentially win the game, and of course he actually got a bad called strike three and that ended the game.
Speaker 3: Yankees win.
Speaker 1: Yankees win. The Yankees win. If you listen to us in the offseason, some of our favorite starting pitcher values had good nights. Frankie Montoss another good start, five and two thirds for him. That's two now for Frankie Montos if you keeping score at home, good stars for him. Especially against the Phillies too. That's a much tougher lineup than the first what he faced. So everyone was like, ah, let's see when he faces a tougher lineup. Well he did, and he was great. Aaron Savali eight strikeouts, one run, six innings against the Rangers. Again, no slouch lineup there. And Joe Musgrove six innings, one run, ball, strike out seven. So forget that little hiccups start. Everything's fine. We're back on trap. You gotta give these guys a little bit more time of this Korea series, back and forth, all the weird travel, all that stuff. Jordan Walker, we gotta figure out. We're gonna give some slack to him. He was looking for a pinch hitter after grounding into a double play earlier. Twenty two played appearances. So far, he's four for nineteen. Any panic button, it's early on Jordan Walker.
Speaker 2: I mean he's not in the like top five. If I were to make a board, that might be a fun article or something to do. You're actual like who is the panic board list? He's not at the tippy top, But I mean I get it. But hard hit numbers are about the same as last year. He's striking out a little bit more. He's still hitting the ball hard. He's just you know, five six games, whatever it is. He's just not locked in anything. He's not hitting fastballs. That's gonna be something to watch, and that's probably his biggest issue. Maybe he's compensating for the second d stuff. But he is hitting one fifty four against fastballs right now, which he's seeing fifty two percent of the time.
Speaker 3: He hit two ninety one against.
Speaker 2: Fastballs last year, So you know, might just be compensating to hit like off speed stuff or just is not in a rhythm. My panic level is like two at best. You know, one is almost a nothing burger, maybe a two big just because also the whole offseason we were like, oh, he's getting twenty pounds muscle and he's getting bigger and blah blah blah, and like nothing's happening. Let's see, let's talk in like two weeks on Jordan Walker. But he's not in the top five of my worry meter?
Speaker 1: Is he a by low?
Speaker 2: Maybe it depends how low. Like you see, I just don't think he's a guy. I think everybody's indifferent about him. Anyone who's selling isn't trying to get out of the Jordan Walker business. So you can't get him for eighty cents on the dollar, and no one wants to sell him for eighty you know what I'm saying, Like, you're just not gonna find a right path for trade right now. I just I think he's got to pick one side another week and he kind of sucky. Yeah, maybe I'll try to buy because then I think the cost could be pretty low. But I just don't think it's low enough right now.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break in the action to tell you about Rival Fantasy. If you want to up your fantasy baseball game, the only place to do it is Rival Fantasy this MLB season. If you're already missing the thrill of the draft, jump into one of the Rival Fantasy's daily or weekly Best Ball drafts, select your squad, sit back and watch the points. Roll in looking for DFS games you can't find anywhere else. Try Fantasy Bingo. It's a game where you pick a lineup featuring any active players on a given day without a salary cap. See which players complete achievements on your bingo cards to win, with each card costing only one buck each. It's the easiest way to get into the action. And if you've got strong opinions about one player over another, Rival Fantasy's challenges are tailor made for settling those debates once and for all. Pick which player you think will score more Fantasy points that day, Throw down some money and see who comes out on top. Invite your friends and play MLB DFS on Rival Fantasy. Sign up at Join Rival dot com Slash Fantasy Pros to claim you are two hundred dollars deposit match again. That's Join Rival dot Com Slash Fantasy Pros. We'll see you in the arena. And now back to the action. Now people are talking about in the chat, so let's bring it up here because I know you want to talk about it upfront. Trent Fleming, what happened to George Kirby Welsh? George Kirby Hurt yesterday he hurt me and my wallet don't like it. And I got the early good number of four and a half. He imploded, Seattle was bad. What do you make out of this is a flip on the radar or any concern here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little bit worried because I have every single share of George Kirby that ever existed in the world. But I do think I'm gonna like minimalize my worry with him. So first starting, and this is like a little bit of logic I'm taking with him, because George Kirby's a little bit of heead case. I'm a little bit of a head case. So I can kind of like get into that same space with him.
Speaker 3: First start.
Speaker 2: First at bat walk he gets two walks I think in the first inning, which by the way, I was like, oh, it's a great bet.
Speaker 3: Or one walk.
Speaker 2: He gets super like arnery about walks and stuff like that. So what happened in this last start because he was kind of all around the place.
Speaker 3: He was hitting the zone too much.
Speaker 2: His fastball was in the zone like ten percent more of the time, his sinker was like almost fifteen percent in the zone more. Because he doesn't want to walk, guys, and what happened? Bam, guys are he's getting way too much contact, even though it was actually not great contact. It was just contact that was finding the spots all over the board. So Kirby will do that. He just didn't have that big whiff stuff. He was pitching way too timid, and then because he was going longer in innings, those velos were starting to come down. Is he not gonna be great? It's a possibility, but I'm gonna take a bi lo opportunity off of this. This is I don't think you can take every single picture, and I guess every single can't. I can't be like Web and Gallon and Kirby. Someone's probably gonna fail. But I do believe in Kirby.
Speaker 1: Well let's frame it this way. Yeah, eb or Kirby. Who would you rather buy low on the most Kirby? Who is the better target?
Speaker 3: Kirby? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm so high. I'm still so high on Kirby. I think the stuff is there. I think uniquely the two starts made him go in bad directions and he was just way two in the zone, so he wasn't walking guys where he WoT guys in the first start and then you get a contact team, just absolutely take advantage of him. Maybe we are gonna panic, and maybe I'm gonna be eating my words all season long and Kirby's gonna stink. But I will take a bye if someone is This is a guy that I think someone absolutely can freak out after two starts and a horrific one, I will put him on the bob.
Speaker 3: But I'm on the buye video next week. Test me.
Speaker 1: There you go, he making the videos, test siding the channel. Watch the video. The waiver videos coming out later today. Also, Jackson Churio first major league home run, Congrats, buddy, you did it? Why at Langford? Oh? For four pair of strikeouts? I feel like this was like you could just lock this up. This guy was so locked in, he was so red hot in spring. This is just the nature of baseball. If people overpaid on Whitet Langford and are freaking out, this is a great time to start poking around to see if wyat Langford is available in your league. Because I am not concerned about whyat Langford. This is literally my biggest fear of Langford for the overpays. Why I didn't overpay because I knew this gut feeling where nobody's that hot for that long. Everybody cools off season started. Of course there's a cool off period and here we go, like a little bit extra pressure, you know at the big league level, all that nonsense that happens. This is like you gonna set your watch to this. So I'm fine about this. I have no panic in there. I know some people are, especially the late overpayers, the ones that drafted late, because a lot of people did. What are your thoughts on Langford start? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I don't know.
Speaker 2: People treat their players sometimes like we've been going for a month and it's like, well, he was really great in the beginning and then he tailed up. It's like six games. It's a six games. He was good for like four and then not good for two. I don't know, man, I think that's pretty crazy. There's gonna be ups and downs. I'm not worry you know what I worry about. Here's real worries.
Speaker 3: I worry about.
Speaker 2: I worry about like v Low sustained decreases, so Gallon, like Gallon, that's kind of a worry.
Speaker 3: But you know what I worry about, Ellie de la Cruz. When you have a forty.
Speaker 2: Percent strikeout rate, you're not making contact, and that strikeout rate carries over from year after year. Those are things I worry about early on because how much better is that going to get?
Speaker 3: Has he? That guy hasn't.
Speaker 2: Shown the ability to make those type of adjustments. I worry about him. I don't worry about why at Langford not getting a couple of hits. I don't even worry that much about Evan Carter who's scoring a gajillion runs with zero hits all the time, Like these guys are going to maintain. I worry about really bad strikeout stuff or really bad loss of stuff. And Ellie is a guy worry about not Langford right now.
Speaker 1: Oh look, I'm phrasing Tampa like Savali had a good start e Flyn yesterday, two days ago. I should say, you know, these things are gonna happen. So it's a tough ballpark, you know. All right, Let's get to some of the fun things here going on. And obviously one of the fun things we've got always his free stuff. You like free stuff, Welsh, because I like free stuff. How about this the trophy Smack Championship Trophy two steps, subscribe to the channel Boom comment on the video. Bang, that's all you gotta do, and you could win this. It's glorious, it's fantastic, and our good pals over a trophy Smack are giving just giving it away for free. All I gotta do is be part of our little group here at leading off on Fantasy pros MLB. So subscribe today to that. Some fun little stats and nuggets. I know, y all like the nuggets. Brent Rooker, oh for four to three strikeouts. He's now two for twenty, so there you go. That's a fun start. Jaron Duran four for four, four singles, hitting three ninety three so far to start the year. Dan Nelson lament clean inning for him two k's. So this is fun. This is like the ghosts of you know, Fantasy Baseball NERD communities past, like sleeper guys. Julio Teheran is gonna make two point five million dollars with the Mets. But it's booty time today, Jose bouttel boy start here, Boo, it's booty time. I can't wait for the booty time. Starts him very excited.
Speaker 2: But it's actually against my guy too. Matt Manning, Matt Manning, I bounce back. So this is a Joe versus Welsh matchup, but doubleheader, doubleheader.
Speaker 1: Also, speaking of the Tigers, Jason Foley seems to be the guy now. The Walks were just killing Alex Lang. So here we go the pivot Already, It's amazing how many saves have been available on the board of the first week that were undrafted saves. And I just don't like every year this happens, and every year I shake my head and I don't get why people chase safe. But anyway, what do you think of fully? Confidence in him keeping the job the entire season.
Speaker 2: I think it's a decent chance. It does seem like they've got guys that they're willing to go to. But his stuff that was like day one, and I have one league where I've got I've got Alex Lang, but I actually had Fully in a couple draft in holes which ended up working out. But like, fully stuff looks incredible. Hitting one oh one, you you throw for strikes and you throw a fastball sing or whatever over one one oh one against you know, a relief pitcher, and Alex Lang, who consistently is just walking guys not putting out good stuff, I think fully as every opportunity. Plus they've already shown us by putting Lang in other spots. I think he might have came in the six once come in like this is fully, this is Foley's gig here. My only argument still to your like why do people pay for saves is you are just in the battle of fab right now. If you play in a FAB based league, or if you're in a waiver based league, you don't even have the option for him.
Speaker 1: Totally get it. But everything should be FAB at this point, like let's let's grow up and let's be adults and let's play with FAB. But again, I'd rather be spending FAB chasing saves which I can grab in and I can actually get a hold of and hold possibly all season, then chasing offensive productivity. It's really hard, it's really difficult. And maybe you get a couple of pictures early on, like Whitlock, Hicks, Crochet, some of these guys early on the starting pitches, but we all know, you know, most of those guys come late July are gonna be pumpkins. Let's be honest. When they start getting at the one hundred and ten innings, hundred innings. That's just gonna be it happens. Wonky was late to the party today, by the way, so I know you were late. You missed my gloating about the home run. If in case, just in case, you know you didn't. You missed it. Here it is boom, there's the board. Don't want you to feel sad, Wonky for missing that, because it was good. Times were good, Good times were had. Look, everybody who has alvarezm leagues, I think is really happy with me right now. That's what I'm thinking right now. All right, let's continue on here with a news segment We've got going on here again, this is something we're very excited about. Thursday's usually a lighter slate, but this is the perfect time to start digging deep here for a little prospecting with the Welsh, all right, Welsh. So this is an opportunity here to take a look at what's going down on the farm and see some of the names maybe we need to stash, and also some reports on some of the bigger names that we are waiting to make their big league debuts. So the floor is yours.
Speaker 2: I feel like I needed like a prospect or have like well, well there, Joey, let me tell you about.
Speaker 1: An old timey forty nine er voice.
Speaker 3: I can do that.
Speaker 1: I can do that.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk about some of the games up and comers.
Speaker 2: No, we're gonna talk about I've got an article out its Prospects to Stash. You can find it over on Fantasy Pros. You can follow me on the x at is it the Welsh to find them? And there's three categories. There's stashes, there's the next wave, and there's the watch list. Now the stashes relatively obvious players. But how about this. I wish we could put the graphic up, but we didn't have it. We weren't able to get it done. Is the top player comes from one of the most insane games we've ever seen? Was actually a score gami last night, twenty six runs Norfolk scored.
Speaker 3: Who is Norfolk?
Speaker 2: It's a triple A affiliate to the Baltimore Orioles. Check this out because this leads into Jackson Holiday. Jackson Holiday was on base six times last night. He had four hits, scored, five runs, walk twice, four hundred batting average. Now we're gonna talk about Holiday, but the other guys just want to point out Heston Kerstadt, who Joe has talked about does love for a long time. I've seen a whole bunch. He had five hits and ten RBI last night, which is crazy crazy.
Speaker 3: Kobe Mayo, he had five hits. It goes on and on. It was crazy. They scored twenty six runs, twenty nine twenty nine hits they had. But this was about Jackson Holiday.
Speaker 2: He's the top stash that you've got to continuously pay attention to. First, Homer came off of a lefty. We've had tons of questions all season long.
Speaker 3: Hey, I think it happened in the.
Speaker 2: Show after the show Joe, where we had someone saying, there's some guys that are out there. Should I drop hot no stash Holiday, he will be the top waiver guy. This outing is one of those things that's going to jump out to us. I wouldn't be shocked if it's in the next two weeks that we're going to see Jackson Holiday, So feel comfortable about it. The other one in the stash category, Paul skeins three no hit innings, struck out five in his debut. What else do.
Speaker 3: We really need to deal with with Paul skeens.
Speaker 2: If the Pirates are going to keep trying to win games, they're gonna have to consider bringing him up. He was phenomenal first start. There really are none of those questions outside of maybe building up innings. He went three, so maybe the next outing we need to see him go four or five. What I would pay attention to is the super two date. So what I tell you is, Stash, these are guys. Those two guys are on the bench. There's four or there's three others in the article if you want to check it out, Joey, I'll plow through this because you had a question about this the next wave. So these are two players in my article. There's more that will be coming after these guys. Anything could happen, but maybe you don't want to put them on your bench. You need to put them on a super super watch list. Joe, how about Jack Lighter? You were shocked when I put Jack Lighter on.
Speaker 3: This list, right?
Speaker 1: I was, because you know I remember him being solid in college. We all do, and then he's really just I mean, look, if he wasn't a Lighter's kid, I don't know if the rope would have been as long for him, but it is, and so far it has been and you have the greatest spring ever. So this was encouraging this first time.
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of it hasn't been great. He has been consistently trying to revamp his stuff. Well, in his first start, he went four perfect innings, he struck out seven. His IVB, the vertical break, the invert induced in vertical break was like twenty two, which was crazy. You could check out Chris clig he had tweeted about it and he was sitting ninety six. And here's the other deal. The Rangers rotation is not locked right now. John Gray kinda is not good and they don't have Max Scherzer yet and they don't have obviously de Grom, so who knows what's going to happen. He actually might get an opportunity soon, especially when he's being consistent. So that's one guy would pay attention to. Another one is Jordan Beck with the Colorado Rockies. Beck has gotten off to a great start through his first couple of games. Three fifty seven, two homers, a triple five total hits through four games. He's a big power speed combo, had a good spring. He actually could be one of those guys because the Rockies they've got no offense. They look like one of the worst teams in baseball. So when they start to try to tear it apart and change it up, Jordan Beck I think could be one of the top names that's brought up. And then and the last thing I'm gonna throw to you is the final in my article, it's the watch list. Deeper names to pay attention to. These are even further down the list. The one I'm gonna throw at you Carson wizen Hunt with the San Francisco Giants. Wizen Hunt's already pitching up at Triple A. He was great in his first couple innings that he pitched. He's got one of the best changeups in baseball. He got way bigger and this is a guy. Giants have got a lot of injuries as well. They're still building up. Blake Snell, Robbie Ray is out there. You could see Carson wizen Hunt get an opportunity if he does. Put them on your watch list. Those are some of the prospecting we are doing for the early season to keep an eye on, and you can check out the article at Fantasy Pros. Like I said, if you want to see all the names.
Speaker 1: Welch is always the best when it comes to prospecting. I'd like to see your face on that beer of that fellow. That's what I want to see. But bro, look, we're gonna do this every single Thursday here on leading off, take a look at the prospects and how they're doing. Very useful for Redraft and for the Diynason League as well. Let's get into the three up, three down, real quick. Zach Wheeler three runs, only one earn recorded, ten strikeouts and six innings. Really good, Say Suzuki stings right hot Welsh's guy from the other night three for five, another homer. He should have just stayed with, sayah, should That's what you should have done. Cole. Reagan's didn't get the decision, but his era is now one point four to six. So Reagan's looks like he's as advertised seven strikeouts before leaving with the three to zering lead, but that lead was blown by the bullpen. So thoughts on reagan start yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: So that the rain delayed that game hours and hours. I missed the whole start. I was looking so forward to that start. Corbin Burns Cole Reagan's watching the game doing stuff. We got things going on during the day, and then the game completely got away from me and I didn't get to watch. I had to go back and watch some stuff. But Cole Reagan's absolutely as advertised.
Speaker 3: He looks phenomenal.
Speaker 2: And it takes me back to a question that I saw a couple days ago. I don't know if we answered this yesterday whatever, Joe, who would you rather have rest the season now after two starts, Zach Gallon or Cole Reagan's.
Speaker 1: I still say Gallan, but yeah, it's it's it's in the conversation. It's definitely in the conversation. But it's a good point. By the way, yesterday, in case you missed it, we did over at Discord Wednesdays after the show. We're gonna do the show after the show where we talk to you guys and gals and we talk baseball. We bring you up here. It's almost like a callin radio show and it's on Discord. It was. It was great. About a half hour we spent with folks, took questions from the chat, took questions live in person from people. It was tremendous. They say, don't meet your heroes. I disagree, Come meet us, hang out with us over on Discord again. It's free to joint. It's fantasypros dot Com slash Chat, join us especially on Wednesdays for our little cleaning up show and continue to discuss.
Speaker 2: And it's up in the air. I don't know one hundred percent. No, just so everybody knows if you get too comfortable. The first episode is on the podcast feed wherever you guys listen podcast audio. Yeah, and make sure you're subscribing all that. But it's I think it's still a little bit in question if that's going to be there every single week. So my point is, I don't know, I could be. Maybe it will be, and kudos to everybody and great, but just letting you know if it's not, you need to be in the discord.
Speaker 3: If you don't want to miss that show.
Speaker 1: Well go listen to it. So prove to everybody that it's good and you like it, and then go join us and be part of it. Look, we're the interactive show. We actually want to hear from you. We like enjoying you know some of these you know, famous people, you know they don't like, you know, dealing with.
Speaker 3: The public did you just call us famous?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're mid level celebrities. Now I've been upgraded to a mid level celebrity because I've been recognized twice this year in public.
Speaker 3: Oh is that the marker? I mean I had like six or seven times?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what. So we're mid level celebrity.
Speaker 3: Too, like like a F level F level celebrity.
Speaker 1: Wow, Bogmin's a D plus.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Want to know what ruined it all?
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you what ruined all of it, which put Joe's level one up is us all randomly being in Nashville, Tennessee, and someone walking out of a bar and going, is that well, they said, Derek, and then they freaked out when they saw Joe. That's probably what ruined this whole.
Speaker 1: Because I think it was weird to see us together because people, you know, who watch the show know that we don't live next to each other. So seeing both of us together and then seeing both of us together in Tennessee, I'm sure was a bit of a They.
Speaker 3: Didn't, so I'm a nobody nose.
Speaker 1: Well, you know they will, though, they will. They will three down aj Puck Boo four innings for him against the Angels, Bye bye, it's it's it's probably done. Mitch Keller five runs for earned, distrike out five guys again against the Nats. You got to handle your business against the that and of course George Kirby was just pounded into oblivion with ten hits in three and two thirds. So cy, all right, let's talk about injuries. Heiner Candelario was removed from Wednesday's game. Obviously, I'm sorry, that's an older one day. How did that get back in there?
Speaker 3: That I think he did? But I think he did. He hit a double yesterday, I think.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, No, that was Heimer. Candelario was removed with the arm injury, and that's right, that was yesterday night. The days are starting to already, it's only like the first weekend. They're starting to blend together. So Candelario is probably going to miss at least the next game. You would think we'll keep an eye on this one. Justin Verlander made his first minor league rehab start or will on Sunday, and then Brandon Laue was removed with the left side tightness. You know what that means. The left side tightness is never ever good. And yes, Trent, I think you're right, the puck experiment is over. But what does that mean? It means more Max Meyer and I'm here for that, Welsh. I am here for more Max Meyer. He is still rostered in less than half of league's Go pick him up, Ladies and gentlemen, you know what. It's time for now, and hopefully it'll be a better one because yesterday was bad. So we gotta get back on the horse. We've been red hot one little valley. Time to get back to the beak with the Thursday Best Bets of the Day with Joey p and the Welsh. That's right, Okay, So it's a short slate today. Some early games already underway. We're gonna keep this real simple today under seven and a half today for the Cleveland Seattle game. You gotta this minus one point fifteen. You got two solid star on the hill here, so I would I would take advantage of that. Go with the under in this game ten or Biby also in this game six and a half strikeouts minus one twenty five. I'm gonna go the under here. So I'm gonna be like Andrew Ericson today be the undertaker. And then Kansas City minus one and a half. You're getting a plus one thirty two against the Chicago White Sox. I like the pitching matchup more on the KC side today, so I'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt. So give me the under in Cleveland Seattle, give me ten or byby under on the six and a half k's give me Kansas City on that run line minus one and a half plus one thirty two. And if you put the case bet and my Cleveland Seattle under together you get three to one odds. So that's your parlay of the day. Welsh, What do you have for the good people?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you said it. It is not the best day, like it is, slim pickens.
Speaker 3: On what you can go with.
Speaker 2: But my favorite play of the day. We're back at the strikeout market. And if you guys don't follow us on the social media to make sure you do, you can find Fantasy Pros on Instagram, Fantasy Pros in obviously on on the Twitter and you'll see we do these social videos and my pick of the day going on the strikeout market.
Speaker 3: It might be gross.
Speaker 2: This is kind of like my Renaldo Lopez one the other day, Ryan Weathers strikeouts four and a half over minus one fifteen, so bet three six y five. You can get this at minus one fifteen. I'm picking on the Cardinals and go Cards. Cardinals batting a zero point eighty six so under one hundred against lefty. Small sample size, but I have to give you the numbers. With around a twenty five percent k percentage. They are the third worst in strikeouts per game on average right now, the Cardinals, They've been striking out like crazy. Weather's His velo is up around a mile and a half on the fastball, and he went five strikeouts in the last four innings in his last outing.
Speaker 3: He also has got a thirty percent wiff rate.
Speaker 2: I think this is a good opportunity as that sweeper has been rocking a little bit up on the vel I think this is a pretty good opportunity and chance for him to get those five strikeouts.
Speaker 3: And it's a low number.
Speaker 2: There's not a lot of low numbers today, So Ryan Weathers that's my favorite play of the day. I'm also going with the Pittsburgh Pirates money line minus one thirty. Martin Prez is not great, but it's a lefty going up against you know, the Washington Nationals, where a lot of their good players are lefties. Hopefully the ground ball pitcher Martin Prez is going to kind.
Speaker 3: Of sustain that.
Speaker 2: I think some better offensive weapons on Pittsburgh side. I'm going to go with their money line and the best pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: You kind of mentioned it. You've got the Tanner Biby, Pablo Lopez. I'm going with the.
Speaker 2: Murphy, the no run first inning. That's around minus one thirty, so no runs, Minnesota and Cleveland in the first inning. Those are my three bets.
Speaker 1: I apologize. I said Seattle in Cleveland. I meant to say Minnesota in Cleveland, So.
Speaker 3: That's on me.
Speaker 1: That's my bad again, just I was still living in the past of how yesterday was miserable.
Speaker 3: So apologies, Well, Seattle hurts you. Yesterday, Seattle, Seattle hurt.
Speaker 1: You, and I just keep thinking about Seattle and all that pain. So it's the let me recap again the Cleveland Minnesota game by the and Lopez again the good pictures, which why I like the under in this one. So yes, so let's recap that again. Seven and a half under in Cleveland, Minnesota today. So apologies on my end there, we are human, We are celebrities, but again we're just like everybody else. We make mistakes, and there you go. Make sure you go ahead and make your bets over at bet three six five bet five bucks, get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets. Use that promo code leading off. When you do so, you can also get a first bet safety out of one thousand dollars in bonus bets. So go out there, use the promo code and do your betting at bet three six five with the promo code leading off. All right, Welsh, it's time to continue the hot streak of homers. That's what I want to do. So I'm going to go to Pete Alonzo. You don't see a lot of Pete Alonzo because the Mets never play because well, the Tri State area has been underwater for the last few days. So that's where I'm going for my home run. Call bowler Bear Pete and BT Fouts wants to know. Also, Joe, are you sure they didn't think you were the guy from Disturbed? Yes, yes, I get that a lot. David Draymond and I I love him, He's awesome. So if that's the guy I get mistaken for, I'm cool with that that works for me. They might have thought I was, but actually the guy was a musician, so he still knew who I was. So there you go. Well, where are you going for your home run call?
Speaker 3: Today? Who cares?
Speaker 2: Well, by the way for you, so people know this is for game two. You don't get game one, you don't get both games. He gets, he gets game two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I learned that the hard way, which is funny because that happened once with Pete Alonzo to me and Mike Maher didn't give me the home run because he's like, no, you don't get it for the first game because it's a makeup game. I said, what do you mean he's out there? Why don't I get eight shots? It's home run calls for Thursday or the day And he was like he did his matumbo fingers.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: You get game two.
Speaker 2: I mean, who cares what I have to say? This is Joe's World. Five homers in like two days, so it doesn't matter. I'm wrong about everything I got yesterday, like all my bets were.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong. You just refuse to hold hands with me. And I don't know why what did I ever do to you?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Can't you be on the same guy with me? Why can't we just like you know, put the keys and turn them together at the same time. Why can't we do that?
Speaker 2: I should have and I should have done that. I would be in a much better spot. I'd probably be near the leader at the lead. But I yesterday a lot of my bets got rained out. You're talking about having the bad day like the Braves.
Speaker 1: I had both wished yeattle got rained out.
Speaker 3: I know me too.
Speaker 2: So I got a little cheeky yesterday and I did something stupid that did not pay off, by the way.
Speaker 3: So I went with felt O'Neal Cruz. He was leading off, and I'm like, you know what, Trevor Williams. He gave like thirty homers last year.
Speaker 2: I bet his homer and then I bet him, like, I bet like five bucks on it to hit two homers. It was like thirty three to one or whatever. But and those didn't hit, and he looked awful yesterday. It got me thinking, I bet him to hit homer yesterday, We're gonna get the pivot today. He's gonna hit them today. So I'm going to my guy, O'Neil Cruz for a home run today. He's gonna do me right today after losing me money yesterday.
Speaker 1: All right, so back on the horse again. If you want to make your calls, go do it over a Fantasy pro dot Com slash chat in our discord. It's free, it's fun, it's amazing, and of course there's the leaderboard. Passy has seven already talk about red Hot boss in os or bos and O's I don't know what sklarka is.
Speaker 3: Five.
Speaker 1: I five and Larry, our good friend Larry, see up at five already wait to go, Larry, look at us. There you go. I don't see Mayor or Penguin on this list, by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I told Mayor. I was talking with Mayor the other day and I'm like, if you want to give us your homers, we'll announce them on there. And you know, He's like, I had like one and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, and we're not We're just not getting the involvement from Mayor and Wonky.
Speaker 1: Now, speaking of the audio only feed to the cycle with Worm and Mayor is going to be out today, I believe as well. So they have an audio only pod. So again, if you watch on YouTube, subscribe to the podcast version two, so you get those bonus things like the cycle, which is a you know, weekly hour long deep dive into what's going on in fantasy. We only do a half hour every day, so this is more of a macro level. I guess we kind of look at things and I use that properly, I hope. So that's right, Okay, good? And then of course we put yesterday's little fun session with all the folks there over on discord in cleaning up on there also. So Walk said she didn't have time to listen. I think because she's too busy telling people they can't get double headers out there. And you know, I mean, I'm just saying, like, I don't think that should matter. Like if a game goes extra innings and a guy gets eight at bats, what's the difference if he's playing a double header?
Speaker 2: Then well, I think you would really have loved if I saw this correctly. I think Go Cards was going into his Go Cards mode. I think saying that if you have three homers in a day, it should only count as one and not three.
Speaker 3: I'd love to hear your take on that one.
Speaker 1: Bro. It's home run calls. You know, I'm calling a guy to hit home run. If they hit three, they hit three. This is how we play the game. This is how it works. You don't like the rules, do more research. I don't know what to tell you, guys. All I know is that I am the home run champion so far in the first week. I'm just saying, like I'm right there. I feel like I do this every year. I get up to a good start and then I go stone cold in like May for a long.
Speaker 3: To break the glass, please, because I'm I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Speaking of breaking the glass just a couple of days TOI WrestleMania. I'm so excited. It's gonna be amazing. If you're gonna be there, let me know, go hit me up on social media.
Speaker 2: Joe as a betting video too if you want to get I don't know where the hell. You can bet wrestling, and a.
Speaker 1: Lot more places than you realize, which is kind of funny but true. You know, you can bet wrestling in a lot of other places, you know, but seriously, you could get They've got it over there in a lot of places right now. And just like you can bet the oscars, you know, we know the outcome of that last year. A lot of people bet Cody Roads to wain and guess what Roman Rains won. If you bet Roman Rains, you want a lot more money on five to one. I think the odds were last year.
Speaker 3: Follow the social that's right, you'll see Joe's video.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: Joe's got a video out there of some of the best bets for WrestleMania.
Speaker 1: So yeah, our best bets are always on Betting Pros. Download Betting Pros app too, because that's way to go. And of course, if you haven't already, what do we always tell you to do on the way out of the show, Be smart, sink your league. Use my playbook MLB version, download that bad boy or go to Fantasypros dot com slash MLB myplaybook. It's awesome. It will help you continue to navigate the rough waters of the MLB season. Yesterday was rough. Today's a short slate. It's gonna be a fun Friday tomorrow. Make sure you join us right here again twelve third Eastern. Subscribe to Fantasy Pros MLB. Win that trophy, and of course join us live for leading off. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids,