Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data. Let's take a look to some of the stocks on the move today.
Speaker 1: We're joined by Bloomberg at Billy Lipschaltz. Really, what are you looking at?
Speaker 2: Yea?
Speaker 1: I want to start with one of the best performers in the S and P five hundred, that is Southwest Air ticker LUV right now up rounding up called thirteen percent, best day since April, trading the highest level since twenty twenty two. Why the big move? They beat expectations on the fourth quarter. They talked up demand for the twenty twenty six expecting earnings of at least four dollars a share, well above what Wall Street was looking for. That'd be up over three hundred percent compared to twenty twenty five. And it does stand out compared to the others that we've seen in the airline space. Delta more mixed, American Air more mixed in terms of print. So Southwest, Yes, they were battered a bit by Elliott with their activist stake. No longer are they doing the freeboard, you actually pick your seat like other airlines. But so far playing out pretty well for the airline, just another airline.
Speaker 2: Now it's lost some that disc My.
Speaker 1: Parents were like core Southwest users. They loved the credit card. You got promoted one for ten. It was awesome. You got to select the exit row. They're out no more? All right, what's next? Las Vegas Sands Tiger LVS one of the worst performers in the SAP five hundred down twelve percent. Yeah, as you mentioned Paul macau, underwhelming people not flying or visiting the kind of region to gamble. It does seem like when you look at growth twenty three percent wind growth in four Q outpacing some of the market. But also the big debate has been VIP how are they catering to their high rollers? Now they're competing with other casino operators on the island that are I'm bitching to the average joe. Have you got Yeah, I've been there once. It is awesome. Man, did they do a good job? I mean, they created this gambling mecha out of nothing. Is it better than Vegas? Though, I've heard it's like kind of a knockoff it. No, it's it's very similar to Okay, I mean the colonial roots though, so there's like fantastic Portuguese architecture there, there's great food. It has really come a long way over the last twenty thirty years. So you're bullish Macau, even though the stock is down almost thirteen percent. Bullish. But how's it experience? I don't go there to gamble, so that I haven't. They're expressly to gagle.
Speaker 2: So all right, what else do you have for us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Microsoft ticker MSFT down eleven percent. Just to put that into context, meta right now is up about eight percent when you look at the point differential meta on the S and P five hundred, leading to fourteen point boost. Microsoft is a forty six point drag, so essentially three times the move when you look at the S and P five hundred, even though the performance is pretty pretty similar. RBC calling it out solid report, not enough to clear elevated expectations AI demand AI spending. When you pair that with cloud growth slowing, you're kind of dealing with an issue opposite of which we saw beating expectations and talking up how that AI investment is going to benefit. Big move for Microsoft. Just want to call out that that is the worst move since March twenty twenty, which we all remember pandemic.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.