Speaker 1: Well well, well, that's right. It's me saying the well well well part. The Celtics, Sixers, Wolves still rolling. I'm still excited about the Wolves and the Sixers of that all because those are unexpected teams. But today we're gonna switch it up a little bit. We're gonna talk about something that we're very thankful for, and that's the rookie class. I don't know about you guys. When I first checked NBA stuff in the morning, the first thing I check on is the rookies. It's no longer like my teams. I'm checking on my rookies, my rooks. But anyways, we're gonna discuss the rookies. We're gonna talk some New York Metro hoops and more with True Hoop Podcasts and actor Gerard Hector. On today's episode, I'm Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 2: And I'm producing in for Myles, and.
Speaker 1: This is Miles and Jack and sometimes Jabari Got Mad Boosties, Davis her Going.
Speaker 3: Be Driving, Spinning, Katie.
Speaker 4: Curry a three pointer bag stuff Curry from Downtel the.
Speaker 2: Gain, be honest, Hi tell do, Let's tell hello, showtime, let you go?
Speaker 1: Yes, Well, well, well, welcome, welcome, Jabari welcome back. I was sick last week. Miles is out on a couple a couple of days vacation today. But thank you Jabari as always for being here, and thank you Gerard Hector for being on the show.
Speaker 4: Welcome man, Thank you appreciating glad to be here. Who said Miles can go on vacation though? Who approved that? PTO?
Speaker 2: Hey look he did. Can't come across my desk, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just you know, he wants to mess with your head. He sends a broken zoom link. He wants to see that you want to be on the show enough to get through his tricks, his mind games. But what what is John out to you? What is the first thing you guys are checking for when you check NBA stuff in the morning. Uh?
Speaker 4: For me, like you like, I like looking at see what the rookies have done. And you know, look, while we're giving these rookies a lot of love and we should, you know, look at the NBA is to young men's league, as uh one Kevin Durant recently said. But I do like to check it on the old heads and see how they're doing. And you know, the old heads still hanging on. Lebron's still out here pumping in some good some good numbers, KDS deph Curry, you know, the old heads still saying not quite yet, youngsters, We're still here.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you. I'm checking for all of it.
Speaker 5: But because I'm silly and ridiculous, I look at NBA Twitter first and see what jokes, you know, folks got off, and then uh, I'll see what those were related.
Speaker 3: To after jokes. Yeah, that's good. Check for jokes.
Speaker 1: I like jokes. Jokes are good. Cool. Other thing I'm checking those the odds on those in season tournament, on the n season tournament. Uh, I don't know. I just had this question because I saw a quote from a pacer. I forget which pacer was, but they were like, we're fully bought in on the end season tournament. Yeah. Haliburton's like, we're in. We are motivated by this, And I feel like that's something you have to take into account because when you look at the odds, it's all just basically looks the same as the championship odds, right, Like it's the Celtics and the Bucks and the Nuggets and the Lakers, and I feel like it's going to be somebody who really wants it and might not necessarily be like one of those teams that's not necessarily turning it on at this point in the season. But I could see a team like the Pacers making some noise. What do you guys think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a situation where, you know, yes, of course the Pacers are the aspirations are to you know, make the postseason. But if you're a team like that that there are no certainly no guarantees, you might as well take advantage of a potential the first in season, you know, championship.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I am a big fan of this tournament.
Speaker 4: Look at true, you guys know, we spend a lot of our time criticizing the NBA. You know, we love the sport, we want it to be great, so we're gonna call attention to things that we don't like and that are bad. But when they do something good, I have to give them props. And the nd season Tournament is a good idea. Now, someone like myself who is a European football fan, the season tournament is not anything new or weird to me. It's perfectly normal and it makes perfect sense. It's not complicated, not difficult to understand. I like the fact that for football for me, European football, soccer for those of us in the States. I like that my team has multiple chances to win trophies every year. That is fantastic versus American sports, where's like, you know, win a championship, you're a loser.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: Do you see this in foot the Ball as I pronounced it, Like, Well, people who haven't won a title, like, for instance, the Lakers being high up there in terms of the odds doesn't make a ton of sense to me because they are a team that has and maybe like this is this doesn't matter because you know, they don't pay attention to narratives as much as I do. But like they're a team that won a title recently, and then we're like, had that title discounted for not being like a real title, you know, like whatever Mickey Mouse title of it all, the bubble title of it all. So like I feel like Lebron's maybe not gonna go his hardest for the n Season tournament as opposed to somebody like Haliburton. But maybe that doesn't matter because Lebron James is good at basketball.
Speaker 4: Here's how it works though, right, and I hear what you're saying, and look, you know, the best the gift and the curse for Adam Silver would be for the Lakers to be in the championship game of the of the inaugural n Season tournament, right because you know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get a bunch of eyeballs.
Speaker 1: So that works.
Speaker 3: So that's good.
Speaker 4: But the curse is, oh if Lebron says something like who cares? You know, we're worried about Larry o b come June or whatever. However, what I love about you is in group plays. You know, Okay, you got to win your group whatever. It's single elimination from here on out right because of a bad night or Lebron's hurt and they're out, well, so what, no, too bad you don't win. And the Pacers in particular, because of how they play with that up tempo style that's not easy to scout for. You catch them on a Tuesday night of the of a of a knockout game and you're not ready, they'll run you out the gym.
Speaker 3: Oh, well you're out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And we we kind of alluded to it last week at the very least. Yeah, it's it's one of those where I really don't see the harm in it. You know, you had people that are saying, like, well, why you know, and a lot of that is probably based in like not fully understanding you know, what it is. You know, But we heard the same complaints in the same you know, you know, hesitance when they introduced the plan, and it has been absolutely fantastic, each of them, Like each year that they've had it, it seemed, at least on my end, it seems like it's gotten better.
Speaker 2: So for me, you know, we.
Speaker 1: Complain, complaining when the plan rolls around.
Speaker 4: There you go exactly, We as human beings, our our natural inclination is to reject the unfamiliar, Right, that's just what we do as humans.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got opinions about it.
Speaker 4: Oh, this thing sucks. I'm like, how do you know it sucks? It hasn't even happened yet and already it sucks. Like right, it's like making a comment about a restaurant you've never been to. How would you know if you haven't been here, if you've been there and eating the food, but you.
Speaker 3: Already got an opinion about it.
Speaker 4: Let it play out, and remember this is year one it's gonna look very different as it iterates and they tweak and it goes over time.
Speaker 3: So guys, I listen, I love it. I think it's great. It's working, and really what.
Speaker 5: It is is we complain, all of us complain about November basketball, even December basketball not really meaning a lot all of a sudden, with some extra steaks, it does mean something.
Speaker 2: So like I'm on the same page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the single elimination of it all, I think we've seen with the play in people can act like they're not gonna enjoy it, but the second there's a single elimination game with steaks, everybody is pretty That has.
Speaker 4: Been proven over time, single elimination to be the number one ratings thing in sports because literally, right, you just.
Speaker 3: Don't know you've a bad getting the best team can get knocked out. That's what's so great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I'm expecting to see the Oklahoma City thunder Get getting some love in the odds for the n season tournament fairly soon, which brings us to rookies. We're gonna start with Wemby, but we're gonna get to check pretty pretty soon. But by the time this is released, most teams will have played around fifteen to sixteen games, so almost twenty percent of the regular season and a fifth if my math is correct. Yes, that works. And so I don't know, we have we have a sample size. It's not a big sample size, but we've gotten a chance to look at these young fellows and their teams and Wemby, I don't know. I think this guy might be good at basketball. I think he's got a future in the league.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm with you there. I think I think Weby's gonna be pretty good. Look, you know, san Antonio clearly is not interested in winning games right now, and that is a challenge for some one like Wemby who's trying to get his feet wet learn the league right, because the idea is when this team is ready to win right ultimately in a couple of years, who are the people that are on the team right now that are gonna be with him in those couple of years. Maybe Devin Bissel because of the contract he signed. Maybe Keldon Johnson. That's about it, right, Like no, and that's and those guys are maybe no one's even a guarantee.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: We'll see about Jeremy Shohan, We'll see it about everybody else who's gonna make it or not. So it's gonna be kind of you know, he's got to kind of go through that that learning experience. But listen, he's so skilled, he's so tall. He does things on a nightly basis that you're like, hot, love, did you do that right? And it's it's fantastic. I love seeing it. I am a basketball hightist. I love all tall, skilled people. I would love nothing, but it's a game full of seven footers because that's just I love seeing that, So you know it works for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he's leading all rookies in scoring eighteen point six points per game, second only to US R. Thompson in rebounding at nine point one rebounds per game, and then leads all rookies and blocks with two point six per game, which is a lot of blocks. You know, Anthony Davis is up in the threes, which is incredible, but his splits aren't great, but you know they're it's just been it's been really inconsistent. He's he's taking five five point six attempts for three, which seems like maybe too many, but his shot looks so good that it doesn't it doesn't really bother me when I'm watching the games, so to.
Speaker 5: The point that you know, like you were just making dry not you not taking anything away from his current teammates. I'm always careful when I introduced these topics, But what types of players do you think they need to.
Speaker 2: Eventually surround Winby with?
Speaker 5: Like, who's going to get Winby to be, you know, as much of Winby as he can be?
Speaker 3: Well, first, a.
Speaker 4: Lead ballhandler, not point I mean, you know, point guard whatever, that's really not relevant. A lead ballhandler who can make a proper tree pass would be helpful. Right to start, mom that is that is a lost art apparently to give basketball, which is range.
Speaker 1: I've turned into my middle school basketball coach where suddenly all I care about is entry passes. I'm like, what got it? Work on your entry passes?
Speaker 4: While you're throwing the ball down by his ankles, I don't get it, right, Like, he's seven foot four, put it up high where you can get it. You need a a center who who can bat, who can bang and grab rebounds on the interior.
Speaker 3: He's big, but who can also step out in space. Right, So it's that Miles.
Speaker 4: Turner esque type a player right who's got a body who can I can grab rebounds on the interior, but I can also space out as well to five right, because I think ultimately what san Antonio wants to do is play five out, So I think that would work out well. And then you know what every team needs, right, the uber predator apex predator wing wing player.
Speaker 3: Right who can who can score? And like, right, everybody needs that.
Speaker 4: But those kinds of players, right, who who again understand the concept of how to how to make passes, how to use his height as an advantage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and ASR. Thompson type would be nice, like somebody on the wind who's just gobbling.
Speaker 4: The only thing about Ausar that I worry about and his brother is I don't know if they can shoot. And the thing about shooting is everybody's like, oh, you can just learn. I'm like, well, Giannis has been learning for years and he still can, right, so you know it can they We'll see.
Speaker 2: A little bit more difficult when you're six six as opposed to six to eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, in my experience, Yeah, Chet has been coming on real strong lately. He's putting up seventeen points seven and a half for almost eight boards two point one blocks on fifty six forty six, ninety splits.
Speaker 4: I mean, put Jet in the Hall of Fame right now, right over, wrap it up.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. And so he had his big coming out game, like we talked about Wemby's big game against the Spurs where or against the Suns where he just like wouldn't, wouldn't let his team lose and came came through in the clutch. U Chad had that with thirty six against Golden State game tying turnaround three, uh, kind of falling out of bounds, just incredible like he did. He feels like the more they get him involved in the offense, the better they get. And okay See is ten and four with a six and one road record, which is pretty incredible. So I don't know if anybody had called this in the offseason and said, okay See was actually secretly a contender, that would have been unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, I did, that's right, that's me, yeah, right, actually on the back, Oh what were the odds?
Speaker 3: What were the would you bet on that?
Speaker 1: I think it was thirty three to one. It wasn't long enough, it should have been longer, but it's thirty three to one for them to win the title. Yeah, to win the title?
Speaker 3: Why not? Yeah, it should have been longer. You're right, it should have been longer than thirty three.
Speaker 1: But still, you know, yeah, we were in a casino and.
Speaker 3: Why not.
Speaker 4: Look the big thing with Jet and you know, let's first of all, he's phenomenal. Let's two things that he has as an advantage. Well, it is his first year playing, it is his second year in the league. Right, being around the team for an entire year and understanding the NBA game is huge. Also, this is something that my podcast partner, coach Thorpe has mentioned. He had a meal with Mark Degnol had goaes Loccy thunder every single day last season, and you know, the average fan pobably hears that and they're like cookares whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm like, no, like that stuff matters.
Speaker 4: People like the ninety nine percent of the players in the NBA, their success is going to be determined based on where they get drafted and what the environment is like to incubate them. And as alpha and whatever is these guys are, they need what David calls well jelly, right, they need someone to be like, no, man, we believe in you. Here's what we want you to do. We think you can do this, right, and he had a ton of that last year. Now, the piece on the court, that is why Chet is also a more impactful player than Victor if you look at.
Speaker 3: His estimated plus minus.
Speaker 4: I mean, Chet's top ten in the league right now in EPM, right, and that helps when you play with a top five player in Shake Gilds Alexander and an MVP candidate right that and yes, Shake Gilsduxander was NBA All NBA First Team last year, which by definition means top five and he was top five and MVP voting someone who knows how to throw an entry bass someone right, Like, there's so many things.
Speaker 3: That Shakee does so well.
Speaker 4: And the rest of that team with Jalen Williams and Giddy and lou Shor, right, yeah, they're they're that team works well. So he's got better police pieces around him, and so it's it's it's much easier than to have impact, and Chet's also very good.
Speaker 3: On top of that.
Speaker 2: I feel like everyone is going to say that they're, you know, like they're the darlings or the surprise team, but I feel like they're actually already there are they there.
Speaker 4: So it's interesting, right, Like I think that can be like what Sacramento was last year and what Memphis was two years ago in terms of the regular season. When it comes to postseason, I mean they have they haven't done it yet, right, but that's everybody right, No one's done it until they do it, right, That's that's how it works. I'm also still not one hundred percent sure about the rest of that team. Josh Giddy's great as a passer, He's not shooting well right now, and his plus minus stats are awful. Right now when he's on the floor, they are losing possessions and losing the game.
Speaker 3: That's not good.
Speaker 4: Uh, lou Geort's good, Jill and Williams, who starts, is very good. The rest of that team, though, as good as Isaiah Joe is shooting threes off the bench.
Speaker 3: Everybody else is a minus player off the bench.
Speaker 4: And so you know that's concerning when you're talking about what are they going to do in the postseason?
Speaker 3: But who the hell cares about the postseason?
Speaker 4: Might get get right get there first and be a dominant regulations. Win forty five games, right, win fifty games, and you're like, oh, this seems fun, right, Let's get themselves back to that level.
Speaker 3: When you know, once they lost all.
Speaker 4: Their three superstars they drafted a decade ago, people were like, when's it ever gonna happen for them?
Speaker 3: Well, they seem to be coming back around now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good at this draft thing. It turns out. Turns out, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and talk about the rest of the rookies that we're keeping an eye on. We'll be right back, and we're back and all right. So these the two we've discussed so far, were the two that I was watching from the start. They haven't disappointed. In fact, they've exceeded. Like I was worried that Wemby they might just like be kind of keeping him on ice a little bit and like letting him pop in here and there. But they're they're letting him play. I feel like they're handling it well. His development, he's getting he's getting a lot of reps. He looks awesome. The people I wasn't necessarily checking for at first and now I'm checking for is number one on that list ASR. Thompson with the Pistons, UH leading rookies in rebounding at six foot six, but does basically everything eleven point six points per game, ten rebounds per game, three point four assists, one point seven blocks per game, one point two steals per game. To be top ten in the league in blocks at six foot six is is wild.
Speaker 4: He is a tremendous athlete. He's already a very good defender for a rookie. You know, again, this Detroit's got someone who again, if he learns to shoot, he becomes what I talked about that you know what does Antonio need when he becomes that apex predator wing player that every that helps you win championships if he can learn to do that right, and that's huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, just he's top five offensive boards in the whole in the whole league, which is wild. It also brought to my attention that Mitchell Robinson is pulling down six point one offense of boards a game.
Speaker 4: He's he's he's a menace. I mean, he is an absolute menace. And with Steven Adams out with injury, Mitchell Robinson is now the best offensive rebrown in the NBA. I mean, he is just an absolute terror on the boards.
Speaker 1: Moses Malone has the record for most offensive rebounds per game in a season with seven point two, and Mitchell Robinson is six point one right now, Like that's he's he's unbelievable on the offensive glass.
Speaker 4: I mean, you guys, remember, I mean you might be too young to remember how how Mo used to do his thing right.
Speaker 3: The best offense was throw it up on the board. I'm gonna go get it, put it back up, and we're gonna store.
Speaker 2: Throw it up, grab it, throw it right over.
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna I'm gonna go out on this limb and say it. I'm the one that's real, that's truly an ASAR guy. I'm calling him Mini Matrix right now.
Speaker 2: And I know how crazy that is.
Speaker 5: I recognize it's not fair to a rookie to expect that type of career, but that's the thing that when I watch him, that's what I look at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: I mean he does seemed to be also moving at a different speed than everybody else when he's out there, so I could definitely see that, all right. Derek Lively for the MAVs is a major contributor right away. I mean, he's big, he's tough, any anything jumping out to you about him.
Speaker 3: You know what helps playing with Luka Dancic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's it's just simular one with rookies, right, who do they have on their team that they play with?
Speaker 3: Oh, an all NBA caliber player? Wow, they play out a lot.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it helps, like great players make you play better, right, That's that's why there's so great.
Speaker 3: But no, he's a great roleman at the RAM.
Speaker 4: And remember in that class, in his high school class, I believe he was the best player in that class when they were getting ranked in high school. And then you know in Duke he really didn't like, you know, score the way that people wanted to score. And I don't know where that was, like a Duke thing or whatever. But you know, this kid's got a lot of talent. And you know, if again, if Dallas is the right place to incubate him, which I don't know, we'll see he could really be something special.
Speaker 1: The college thing is so weird, like because we've talked about how like Chet's game looked totally different, Like he was obviously a contributor on a very good team in college, but his game looked like I had no idea that he was capable of any of the things that we're seeing. It's just yeah and lively, is it all? It does make you wonder, like why anybody would go playing college when you know it is such a different sport that does such a great job of camouflaging your skills from you know, making it hard to see how good you are.
Speaker 5: It is a different sport, especially at schools like Duke in Kentucky when they're like stacked beyond belief. You know, you know, certain guys are not going to stand out. Yeah, even though they've got some serious game.
Speaker 3: Mh.
Speaker 1: Anyone else do you guys want to call out?
Speaker 4: I like Black Coolabali from the Wizards. This guy can defend already pretty well. I think he might be able to like because of the work ethic and how he wants to develop. He's really got a chance, I think, to be a very good player in this league. But again, Washington, you know, well, you know if.
Speaker 5: He ends up being if he ends up being really good, they'll find a way to ship him to the Lakers, and you know what, the world would be a better place.
Speaker 3: I say that'll work out with the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Watching other teams is just shot window shopping for Lakers. Fans. Yeah, he's he'd be a nice piece. Should grab him, That's really what it is. Anyone else to bar you want to call out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know I've been Jordan Hawkins has been impressive. You know, he's had some big scoring nights.
Speaker 5: Uh, you know, it doesn't hurt that he's in a good situation there with the Pels. They've you know, they've got a ton of talent there, but in the event that they run into, you know, hit the injury bug or you get hit by the injury bug, you know, it's good to see that they've got another guy that can fill it up within their system. And you know, honestly, we haven't really seen much out of him, but I really can't wait to see what Scoop eventually looks like. You know, he only yeah, you know, it seemed like he was even banged up coming into the year, yet that right physically, it would be great to you know, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: He's one of the guys that I was looking forward to most coming into the year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also got to shout out Hami Hakis Junior and Kiante George, you know, for Miami and Utah respectively. You know, they seem like Utah turned the keys over to Kiance the last five games. And you know, listen, players need rookies. They need playing time. It's like oxygen. Right, yeah, that's how they get better. Now coaches are reticent to play them because they're gonna make mistakes, but that's how they learn, Like right, they have to make mistakes and that's how they get better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Speaking of the injury bug beel out at least three more weeks due to continued back issues. I don't know. Didn't Phoenix use to have like a fabled health team that could like bring anyone back from the dead or you know, keep people from falling apart. We need they need those guys back.
Speaker 3: And long a long time ago they had that.
Speaker 1: I want to see these three guys play together.
Speaker 4: And now, listen, I can't say it too much, but I'll just say this that medical and healthcare training staff has a lot to be desired, and I'll leave it at that.
Speaker 3: You know, when you when you.
Speaker 4: Say, okay, Bradley's going to be cleared to play. Everything's good, and then we're ready to roll, and all of a sudden, you put out and you get the press release from the pr group when they say we're going to take the next three weeks to actually focus on what's wrong with Bradley Biale, Like, so what were you doing before then?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: What? Like, so you weren't focused on that before? And look, I want to be fair to them.
Speaker 4: Backs are tricky and they're very difficult and there's no right pun intended. There's no exact science. Right, it's a very tricky thing. But you behoove you matt Ishbia. You spent however many billion dollars spent by this team and you now have in total contracts half a billion dollars give or take sunk into Booker, Durant and Beale players who have injury histories. I would think you would want to make sure that your health, performance and training staff are doing everything they can and they are top of the line and really like, no, no, no, no, we got to measure these guys are good to go, you know, and we don't know so far not great, but yeah, you know Bill and Durant, sorry, Booker and Durant playing well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Latest word, by the way is that you know he might be out till Christmas and if that's possible, very yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh my God. I mean, yeah, they're hanging in. They're seven and six as of this recording, so hopefully, hopefully they can keep treading water. But you know, with some of the other teams starting as fast as they are, it feels like there's a little bit more pressure than maybe people were expecting coming in for for everybody to be able to, you know, maintain a pretty decent record, so you're within striking distance.
Speaker 4: Because of course, the flip side of that is now you put a lot of strain on a thirty five year old Kevin Durant who's putting up MVP caliber numbers yet again the season, playing double overtime every I'm like a little was like watching the game. I'm like, Frank, you do realize you've ad in season tournament game on Tuesday and a back to back the second game on Wednesday, a national TV game against the Golden State Warriors, and you know the whole league's policy about participation.
Speaker 3: What are you gonna do.
Speaker 4: You're gonna play him in then season tournament and sit him on the taking on the back to back and don't ask him because he'll play a thousand minutes a game.
Speaker 3: It'd be good, right, which not a good idea, right, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's that stat from the Dunk Central NBA Central that was, like Lebron at thirty eight years old, twenty six point four points, eight boards, six and a half assists, sixty seven percent true shooting, kd thirty one point four points, seven rebounds, five and a half assists, sixty four percent true shooting, and then Steph you know, thirty four rebounds for assists, sixty seven and a half true shooting. The fact Lebron's true shooting percentage is the thing though, I was like, wow, man.
Speaker 3: He's he's shooting it well to start the season. He really is.
Speaker 1: He's thirty eight, and Kadie and Steph for thirty five. So I don't know. The post ends with like this is still their league, and we got some other candidates, but they they're certainly up there.
Speaker 5: He kind of goes towards the point that made earlier of like Gill, Yes, the rookies, Yes, the new guys are fun to watch, but you know, we're still checking for these old hits because they are still.
Speaker 2: Checking the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, still know what they're doing. So Lebron put up thirty seven eight six rebounds three steals in forty minutes against Houston, and then Austin Reeves came through with the compliment, but he said that he's the best to do it. Maybe with the exception of Tom Brady, I would just be like, hey, man, as your editor, as you, I would just cut that last like maybe with the exception out because fir'st all Lebron, I don't know, Lebron doesn't want to hear your thoughts on Tom Brady. And also tom Brady wasn't having to take a lot of contact out there in his old age, like Lebron's having to go down the middle, Like you can also.
Speaker 4: Do this with NFL quarterbacks, And I'm sorry, I'm biased, but NFL quarterbacks cannot be on top athlete list to me, I'm sorry. You play half the game and sit the other half like that. Sorry, Like everybody else in these on these lists got to play both ways.
Speaker 1: You know, like yeah, sorry, yeah, But anyways, that would be my note tossed and maybe just say he's the best to ever do it, because it is the greatest athletic feat I've ever seen from somebody this age, like this much older than anyone I've ever seen perform at this level with you know, and like by perform, it's not like he's got he's got a cool like trick that he figured out to like get the ball out quickly and like nobody gets near him. It's he's playing at an incredibly high level against the best athletes in the world and still doing it like almost as well as he's ever done.
Speaker 3: It makes you wonder, huh.
Speaker 1: All right, should we take one more break and we'll come back and do the rapid fire round of questioning, the fastest segment in all of sports podcasts. We'll be right back, and we're back, and it is time for the rapid fire round of questioning. This is where we take questions, we fire them at you, and you just gotta pay. It's just right back, no thought, no thought. No, you're not allowed to. And if we try to slow it down by asking dumb questions or follow up questions, and we will, you have to somehow keep it moving even though we will not allow you to do that. Jabbari, do you want to kick us off?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you know?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, you go ahead and go first.
Speaker 1: It's you, all right, all right?
Speaker 2: Does a preference.
Speaker 4: Uh, you guys, flip the coin, doesn't matter. Whoever goes goes, right, Brian, start the clock.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what is the most underrated NBA city to visit? And what's your must have meal in that town?
Speaker 3: Oh? My god? Uh Salt Lake City and.
Speaker 1: Steak frets Okay, steak freas Yeah in salt Lake. Mmm, that's their French cuisine. Not not what I would have expected from the people of Salt Lake.
Speaker 2: That is definitely the first time we've gotten that answer. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta throw it out there.
Speaker 2: What is it about Salt Lake?
Speaker 3: So you know, it's because it's Utah's that That's that's the problem. It's Utah. You're like right, like read between the lines, people.
Speaker 4: But there are there are fun places to go and then if you want to take a little bit of a longer trip, go to Park City, which is a little bit for them salt Lake.
Speaker 3: You get some awesome, some good stuff there too. Home with the Sun Dance Film.
Speaker 1: Festival and Gira. We do need you to keep it moving here for you. Yeah, you did fall for it, all right.
Speaker 3: You asked me questions. You're like, I gotta I gotta tell you all right.
Speaker 2: So let's keep it going.
Speaker 5: Gud who is the most underappreciated of the truly all time greats. Give us a guy that deserves to be mentioned, but it's often left out of the all time debates, if you will, Kevin Durrant, Oh, we're talking top five all time.
Speaker 3: I mean you didn't say top five. You just said all the time. But now now, oh it's Tim Duncan.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm okay, it's fair. I'm not even gonna argue.
Speaker 1: Now I've heard of him, so uh but yeah, I guess next, you can take two players from all of history to create your Matt Boosti's edition NBA Jam Team. Which two players you've taken.
Speaker 3: Chris Paul and Chris Paul?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Oh, Chris All and Kareem I've told Jabbar I.
Speaker 3: Went on to school. I went to school. Move on anyway, next.
Speaker 1: All Chris Paul's game does feel like it would have like out there in the seventies, and you'd be like, yeah, that makes sense, or in the eighties or in the nineties or.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know that I want to expect all right, you know, the gimmick is old.
Speaker 2: But if you could have any player's skill set for a day. Who's in which skill set would it be?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Kevin Durant shooting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is your body, not a seven foot body.
Speaker 3: Oh well, you didn't say that.
Speaker 2: That's why I said.
Speaker 5: That's why I specified with a skill set and which would it be.
Speaker 3: Let's see Chris Paul's decision making.
Speaker 1: All right, there you go, and that would apply to the rest of your life too, like buying insurance for instance. All right, you can watch a movie with one of these players. You gotta pick one and then I'll tell you what movie you're watching based on their past tweets. You can watch a movie with Reggie Jackson, Jalen Brunson, Robert Covington, Danny Green, or Justice Winslow.
Speaker 3: Damn I'm gonna go Jalen Brunson.
Speaker 1: Jalen Brunson. You are watching episode three of Star Wars based on his tweet, what is the best Star Wars movie ever? Any answer that is not Episode three is wrong. Anakin is my favorite. Least favorite is Darth Maul, only because he shouldn't have died after the first few movie.
Speaker 4: You're showing your age here. The best Star Wars movie ever is Empire strikes back.
Speaker 1: I'm not showing my age. Jalen Brunson is showing his age.
Speaker 2: Now only are you watching it? You're watching it with a guy that thinks episode three is the best.
Speaker 1: That's right, all right?
Speaker 5: You can go back in time either Prime Magic or Prime Kobe to make a run with this year's squad.
Speaker 2: Which one are you choosing to take that ride?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make you all mad Prime Magic all day, every day.
Speaker 1: That's not gonna make I canna make me mad? Good over here? Uh? And finally the ultimate question, Jack or jabbari O.
Speaker 3: Miles, Wow.
Speaker 1: Did it to us?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, up to work today?
Speaker 2: Who do we have on this?
Speaker 1: You know everyone's just like man. That guy's so cool he doesn't even have to show up. Hector, is such a pleasure having you on the show.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: People can follow me on that site that used to be called Twitter that's now x at J. S.
Speaker 3: Hector. You can find me on Blue Sky if you're on there, Uh Hector j R. O D H E C T O R. And of course at true hoop dot com.
Speaker 1: True Hoop Amazing Jabari Where can people find you well.
Speaker 5: Of course, they can find the show at hashtag man Boosey Is. They can find me at Jabori Davis NBA. And you can also find Miles the real talent out of the two of us, at Miles of Great.
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 1: I'm at Jack Underscore. Obrian shouts out to our listener of the week Paul Garaventa, for tagging and pointing out a bad business decision first Portland. Uh, check got yoked on check.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know he's taken some he's taken some business decisions. Uh. And it was it was too Mani Kamara, Uh yee.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna if you're getting block shots, you're gonna ge dunk done.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's gonna happen. All right, that's gonna do it for us this week. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We are back next week with another episode and we'll talk to you all then.
Speaker 6: I the Music US Music