Speaker 1: I'll that's all.
Speaker 2: That's okay, becaus no one.
Speaker 1: Here is.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to teen Beat. I'm Danielle Fischel, podcaster, TV director, celebrity ballroom contestant, mother of two, and as nostalgic forty year olds everywhere, We'll tell you to Pango Lawrence from the nineties TGIF Staple Boy Meets World. And thanks to that very program, my entire teenage existence from twelve to nineteen years old unfolded simultaneously in front of a live studio audience and millions of viewers at home. From my first kiss to my first haircut, everything was caught on camera. So now thirty years later, it's time to turn the tables on Team Beat. I will sit down with interesting people who have accomplished interesting things, hoping that a look into their untelevised upbringings will help us understand who they have become. Since their puberty wasn't written into a popular Friday night sitcom, the least they can do is share it with me. Now I gave you my childhood, it's time we hear yours. And this week, I'm sitting down with someone who has not only been open about how his upbringing shaped a thriving career in comedy, but he's now actively shaping my children's definition of funny, and frankly, there is nothing I can do about it. The New York native first burst onto the scene as Max Blum in the criminally underrated show Happy Endings, leading him to another high profile TV gig on seasons two and three of The Mindy Project. But he's most recognizable to my boys as Officer Wade Whipple, integral part of the Sonic Cinematic Universe and its spinoff series Knuckles, a project I know intimately thanks to a number of repeat viewings usually reserved for hair salons that only own one DVD. His new HBO comedy special and Intimate Evening with Adam Pally finds him with a guitar and a burning question why even do this in the first place, which maybe he'll be able to answer next year when he'll play music industry mogul Alan Klein in Sam Mendez's four film Cinematic Beatles Event. But underneath all that funny and all those cool guy credits, I have to think there's an awkward teenage East Coaster ready to share embarrassingly endearing stories. So welcome to this week's teen Beat, Adam Pally.
Speaker 3: Hi, that was such an amazing Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: And also I just as from being a friend of yours from us a decade. You know, I forget how traumatic you're up like you so casually read it. You're like my puberty was written into television show we all watch.
Speaker 3: It's like, but now sitting here talking to you as to.
Speaker 1: Like God, the fact that you are walking and talking and breathing and yeah and and a talented uh you know, force in its own self is truly like Macaulay Culkin level miracle. Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, thank you for that. I we are about ready to hit the season seven episode of Boy Meets World where I am fat and they write about it and oh my god, and it's I've been dreading it since we started podmets World because I remember everything about knowing that episode was coming, because you know, ore e people that will and I into the office and said, so obviously everyone can see you guys have gone fat, and so we're we we might obviously have to write about it.
Speaker 1: W was running Boy Meets World, Warne Michaels. It's a Harvey Weinstein running Boy meets World.
Speaker 2: It's a yeah, little known fact. That's where Harvey got.
Speaker 1: A shine easiest Christ. That's like, that's like cut that. You don't hear that. I didn't hear that stuff on on Happy Ending.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's it's pretty crazy. And then and then the whole episode and the whole week it was just and then every week after that, I just kept like, oh, wow, like all these people that I work with, that I've worked with for seven years, that's how they think of me. That's how they see me. So anyway, I am dreading that one. But you know.
Speaker 3: That's that's an actor's you know.
Speaker 1: That's another thing about kid actors that doesn't get talked about enough is like the psychological acting is is a psychological you know, exercise and and you're going into your own mind, you know, to to work. And when children do it, like you're like, oh, this is what everyone thinks about me.
Speaker 3: You know, that's like an acting you know.
Speaker 1: Thing that you you a shoe as you get better and older, and like it's just so poisonous to have like a little kid being like reading, pretending and like going into the depths of their mind to do something for someone. It's just a real insidious I mean, and I'm not innocent of it. I mean, at every job I do, there's someone that plays my kid, you know. But I'm like, just hearing you talk about it now is wow, it's wild.
Speaker 2: It's pretty nuts. But thank you so much for chatting with me. I have to be honest, it's very comforting to hear your voice, considering it rings throughout my house NonStop. No, do not be so your husband.
Speaker 3: I apologize.
Speaker 2: I know, I know Jensen has texted you about this. But here is a list of the shows and movies my children watch on repeat that all coincidentally include you. And this is one hundred percent not a bit okay, Knuckles, Sonic one, two and three, Archibald's next big thing, the main Event, duc Tails, Firebuds, Randy Cunningham, ninth grade, Ninja Great American Baking Show, and is it cake? All of those you are everywhere everywhere we go that my kids are like, let's watch that, let's watch that, let's watch that. You are.
Speaker 1: I you know, I've that's very nice because I was the other day this first of all, this is so nice of you. Thank you so much, and thank your family and and like I was the other day. I saw someone on social media like put out like where to find like you know, it's a bigger star, you know. It's like, here's where you can find all my stuff, you know, and it's like, my here's my movie is streaming here, and my TV are streaming on this thing and here's there. And I was like, you know what, I'd like to do that for my fans, and I realized I don't have there's like one thing left. So it's nice. It's nice to hear that, like your your children are watching, because I literally in my mind was like I don't think that shows even on a streaming service.
Speaker 2: I can't even see that one anywhere find that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's nice that at least it's playing somewhere.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's it's definitely playing. And I just I do wonder when you were studying Edgy improv at UCB in New York, did you ever think, like, man, I can't wait to be a four and a six year old's favorite actor.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't at all, And in fact, in fact, I think just knowing myself and where and who I am and when I when I was coming up and when I was like, you know, building finding my voice. I think if you would have told me that, then I would have really uh said no way and done and and worked hard to make sure that didn't.
Speaker 2: Happen, right, to push against it.
Speaker 1: To push against it. But as an older, you know, more complete person, children of my own, it's really it's really nice to hear anything at all, like, uh, you know, I have seasonal Award show depression.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you get that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I get seasonal Awards show depression, okay, which is like I think it's like sometimes when you're in Hollywood and you've been in in the like invited to the season.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't have it. I've never I don't get invited.
Speaker 1: Totally like you will and you should and you have probably, but I I, you know, earlier in my career, I was part of that you know season, and as my career has gone on, I moved to New York and I'm you know, don't things go up and down? I every year look at Seasonal like this time of year, at the award shows, and I get like, yeah, you know, seasonal Award show depression.
Speaker 2: I get.
Speaker 1: I'm like well, I'm not there anymore. I'm not involved. The truth is you are, like, it's not a club, it's just a it's like a moment, you know, Like, and so if you're working in the industry, you are involved, even if you're not sitting in that room. But I find, to be totally honest with you, it's very hard to be removed that like that, and so it really I would say that, like as a more complete person, it means so much and I am so I really truly, Like anytime you guys text me and you're like, we're watching it's the greatest.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope there's also the and maybe you've thought of it this way or maybe you haven't, and it's a nice way of reframing it too. But like, one of the incredible things about being someone in your shoes who has been in those rooms, been invited to those award shows is that it means you have left a legacy and are continuing to leave a legacy that all of the younger people or all of the people who are currently in those rooms have are partly there because of your work and because the ways you've inspired them. And you know, those are people who would say gosh, I got into this because of Adam Palely.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's what I was.
Speaker 1: I I've been trying to tell Jacob Elordi that about for like, I'm like, you're telling me that Frankenstein performance had nothing to do with my brother, right, No, I hear you completely, And I do think oftentimes like I think I'm fairly safe as far as in memoriam goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure, I think.
Speaker 3: I'm fairly safe.
Speaker 1: Like I think I would get I think I would get it at the Emmys for sure. That's living.
Speaker 3: Emmys are a lock.
Speaker 2: Emmys are a lock.
Speaker 1: Golden globes, I think golden globes because of my TV work, Oscars like I have. Look, I've I've started a lot of movies. You know, they haven't they haven't culturally m m. You know, I'm not Marty Supreme. But like, I think I would make the memorium in the Oscars. I think if I didn't, I think there would be some people would be like, that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree with you. I would definitely not make the Oscars and I would only make.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: But it would say to Panga.
Speaker 1: No, Danielle, you're no, you're under You would get a stop beat. You would get a stop beat, you would get like a full like in the arms, and then it would slowly from and it would be a picture of that episode seven Seaside.
Speaker 2: So, like me, you had young parents, but unlike very young. How old were.
Speaker 1: They My mother was twenty two when she had me, and my father was twenty three.
Speaker 2: My parents were twenty three. Yeah, so I mean, can you believe that? Now? Literal kids, my parents were married at twenty one and had me at twenty three. It's the same crazy.
Speaker 1: It's wild too.
Speaker 3: My mom's not a round anymore.
Speaker 1: But my dad, Like, people see my dad and they're like, yeah, what, They're shocked, you know, And I'm like, yeah, he was twenty three when he had me child.
Speaker 2: I know my parents my parents are sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my dad's sixty seven.
Speaker 1: I know. I know.
Speaker 3: It's weird. I'm like, my dad goes to hot yoga with.
Speaker 2: Me, right exactly. People are weird. That's your dad, that's weird.
Speaker 1: I know people, And like oftentimes people have seen him with my wife and been like, you know, asked if they're dating, especially Los Angeles. That used to happen mostly in Los Angeles because we lived like Pan Pacific Park, and so when I would shoot, you know, my dad was very helpful and he would come out for a couple weeks and like help take care of the kids early on, and he was like, no matter what, if I'm out with Daniella, someone will be like, oh, congratulations, and my wife will be like stop it now.
Speaker 2: When I was fifteen or sixteen years old, I took my dad to New York for the US Open because my dad's a huge tennis fan. Awesome, and so we it's you know, one of the perks of being a teen on a television show where you make good money is that you can give gifts like that.
Speaker 1: You're so self effacing, Danielle, you are culturally famous. I hate it's like you we can drop this charade, okay, Danielle's it is a charade. It is a sar Odd Carmichael. You're the name daniel Fichelle, like you said in the intro, like we know you, we know you. Oh, al is my Ficelle crime? People want to but I always thought it was also targe ish. Okay. I do like that because like a show biz.
Speaker 2: Put a flair on it. Thanks it does.
Speaker 1: Make me show biz, you were always famous.
Speaker 3: It's like, can't just be ficial.
Speaker 2: You can just call me to panga. It works. I answer to it. But I took my dad to New York for the US Open and we get to the hotel and the woman checking us in goes, hi, welcome, okay, oh I see here, we have two beds. I'll go ahead and change that to a king. And I was like, oh my god, no, no, no, no, no, we want we wanted the two beds. This this is my father. Yeah, it's pretty mortified.
Speaker 1: I've also had it like my like my dad loves He didn't love it when we were young. When I was young and people like didn't respect him, he hated it. But now he like loves to go to premieres with me and have people be like, oh, your dad's so young.
Speaker 3: It's like he loves it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah that I mean. I also love it when people at this point still tell me I look young. I'm like, thank you. I'm at that age now where it's you need that validation.
Speaker 1: I don't wan't know what that's like the amount of age for like I I give off. The other day, I saw an actress who's doing a play and I really wanted to work with her, and so I email my agent and I was like, I would love to do this play. Is there is who's the male lead? I would love to do it? And they go, oh, they're looking at younger people. And I was like, she graduate We graduated college together.
Speaker 2: We're the same age.
Speaker 3: We're the same age.
Speaker 1: I was like, does a script call for is it like like a younger right? Right? No, same age?
Speaker 2: Oh, by the way, the people who should just go yes, Adam, I will make that call.
Speaker 1: They did make the call. They did make the call, and then I didn't hear anything. So I was like, Hey, what's coming on with that play? And they were like, oh, they're looking for a younger lead to balance out?
Speaker 3: Was a balance out?
Speaker 2: Well? Unlike my parents, your parents were lounge singers. What do you remember about them? Being an adorable husband and wife act?
Speaker 3: I remember, you know it.
Speaker 1: I remember it all feeling very similar to the way I was brought up after that, you know, so like if they were doing a gig in at like the Tamama in Pennsylvania, you know, on Friday morning, they I would miss school, which was.
Speaker 3: Like what like first grade, like give a.
Speaker 1: Shit, and we'd get in a Dodge ares and and drive up to the Tamament and in that car ride my parents would be singing and harmonizing and working out stuff. I was like, you know, five six, like just being like watching, you know. And then we'd get to the place and they'd it would just be like later at night, and they'd a babysitter.
Speaker 3: Would come up from the hotel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they'd be in like a gown and a tuxedo and they'd leave, you know, and then they'd come back and and I'd see them in the morning and we'd have like a day at the hotel, you know, and then my dad and then my dad would leave because would play piano for like the buffet.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: It was just like very It was just very like matter of fact in that way. They were very workmen about it. And I think in a lot of ways like that, the the the like nose to the grindstone of show business that my parents it was is kind of was a good.
Speaker 4: Thing because I never thought that this was easy, right, Yeah, It definitely that life doesn't give the impression that this is something just anyone can do at the drop of a hat.
Speaker 1: No, and they were also on the periphery. They were not fam like they weren't. Show business is not all the top, you know, there's like this mostly not it's mostly the bottom, you know, which is like a huge ecosystem of show business. And so for me, I guess I always just thought of show business as that it was like it was the same thing as being a doctor or which my dad ended up being, like a doctor, or a lawyer, or a baseball player is like fireman, you know. It was just that the business was was not far away in Hollywood. It was like right in front of you, and it was just about what you did to like earn money.
Speaker 2: And obviously, as you get older, this fact about the two of them becomes something anyone would like cherish and think back fondly on. But at the time, were you ever embarrassed by it? Did you? Was there ever any part of you that didn't like it?
Speaker 1: No? The only thing I didn't like, No, I was never like embarrassed. I always felt behind the eight ball a little bit because my parents were so weird, you know, like weird and singular, and you know, so like I remember, you know, we grew up in New York City for a little for most of my childhood, and then we moved to Chicago when my dad went in too medical school and we got to the suburbs, and like, I didn't know, like how to play hocky. I didn't know what hockey was, Like I had just and I knew New York had a hockey team, I guess, but like when they put the the stick down in the and the puck, I was like, didn't know what to do, and like got made fun of. And then and I feel like I was like, like I feel like I feel like a lot of my adolescence was catching up because we moved around so much, and so much of my life was in the back of that car, and like you know so and we never had roots down, so it was like I feel like that's the only thing that I was ever kind of like upset with my parents. On the rest of it, I think I'm too shallow to think of.
Speaker 2: What was the car your parents had when you were a kid.
Speaker 1: It was a Dodge aries Dodgery, yeah, which had three a three banger in the front and a three banger in the back.
Speaker 2: I love a three banger in the front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great, sit up front next to your mom.
Speaker 3: Dad was the best.
Speaker 2: Oh so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that my parents have a picture of driving me home from the hospital. This is years before car seats were mandatory. My mom's just in the front seat holding me, just in a blanket. That's how I went home from the hospital.
Speaker 1: Tons of pictures of me and my sister, like going across country with us just in the back seat with blankets.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: It's like, I hope this is kind.
Speaker 1: Of like an air bag.
Speaker 2: Did your parents ever try to dissuade you from life in the entertainment industry? Did you ever ask them if you could act as a kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, if I think a lot of kids did do or did at the time, especially you know, we grew up at a time and you're you're you're part of it on the other end, but like, we grew up at a time where child actors were were mythologically canonized you and you know, people like Fred Savage or Cauli Culkin or.
Speaker 3: Uh Anna from.
Speaker 1: My Girl Chump.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who I did do? I spend six months on Broadway with as an adult, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like child acting was very attractive to kids. It's like if you if you had a sense of something, if you were precocious, if you were whatever, You're like, well I could.
Speaker 3: Be that, you know.
Speaker 1: So I I remember asking and then being like no, same, no, And I was like what do you mean, and they're like, if you want to be do something, then do it. But I'm not going to like drive you to an audition, right right, And I was like, okay, got it, and that was it. So then I think the honestly, like the rest of my life was like just being like, well, I'm going to get in there somehow, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: Do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at you manifesting your entire life. You grew up with that, You grew up with two sisters. What was very young Adam Pally Like, did you get along with your sisters? How did you bond with them? As a teenage boy?
Speaker 1: We were all very close, the three of us were close because uh my because again, like my parents were so behind the eight ball. And when my dad finally was able to open up his practice, he had gone to medical school at thirty four with three kids and was like in major debt, and you know, it was just like everything they had when towards keeping not afloat, and so I'll the three of us again. It was like kind of being homeschooled in a way, like we went to school, but a lot of it was just like taking care of them, them taking care of you know. It was like everybody worked together just because.
Speaker 2: You just had to right the family. Everyone had to have a role. Yeah, everyone had to have a job in order to keep every day. Yeah, what were some of your roles like for me when I was on the show. No, people find it hard to believe, but my mom every single day I'd come home and she'd be like, all right, and I'd be like, oh, I'm so tired from work in school, and she'd be like, great, well, we're about ready to have dinner. Go out there and clean up the dog poop, and like that was one of my chores. I had to go out, I absolutely and I every day before I went to work, I had to get up and make my bed, and I was involved in helping my mom make.
Speaker 1: Dinner every night.
Speaker 2: And like, I had things I had to do as a functioning member of the family even though I had a full time job. What were your rules in the family dynamic.
Speaker 3: Well as soon.
Speaker 1: I you know, I had to get them to school, your sisters early on. Okay, whether that was like coming in a car pool with me at first, because I would like get a carpool to the high school, and then I would ask if they could drop my sister off at the middle school.
Speaker 3: And then it was like.
Speaker 1: There was just you know, all of those little things like my sister has soccer practice. Then I would wait for my sister and then my mom would come get us both because she was working in the doctor's office.
Speaker 3: So it was like just.
Speaker 1: Being extremely in tune with your family every day about what what was needed and what.
Speaker 3: You were, what your responsibilities were.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have a big calendar? How did you keep it all straight?
Speaker 3: We didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't. Things would get missed, things, It was, it was It was truly just like flying by.
Speaker 3: The seat of your parts.
Speaker 2: So much of your new HBO Special and Intimate Evening with Adam Pally involves lying if the things you're claiming in your act are true or false. Did you ever get caught lying as a kid?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Are you're caught lying all the time?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I mean I was just talking telling my wife a story about getting caught the other day, like we don't have you know, like when my kids get their report card, it gets like emailed to me yep, you know, so like I open it up and I'm like boom, I'm getting the response, like right then. But we had like things that would be mail to home, and so I would.
Speaker 2: Like beat try to beat your mom the.
Speaker 1: Mail and get the progress supports and the report cards, and then I'd stuff them, like an idiot behind my dresser.
Speaker 3: I should just thrown them out, stuff them behind my dresser. Dresser.
Speaker 1: And then at like sixteen, my parents moved houses and we moved the dresser, and like years of report cards and progress reports were like in the back and they were like really bad, like you know, like Adam's having trouble reading, Adam's having trouble focusing. And my parents were just like, we could have helped you.
Speaker 2: You could have brought this to our attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was embarrassed. I didn't want to deal with it. I was doing O this.
Speaker 3: I was honestly like school. I was doing other things.
Speaker 1: Like school was like yeah, school was like a social place that I went to set up all the other name.
Speaker 2: That's exactly how I thought about school until I went to college. I went to college late in life, but all growing up, school was a place to like see my friends, hang out, flirt with boys, pass notes, show off my clothes and shoes, check out other people's clothes and shoes. I was like, And then it was like this, how long are we gonna have to be in this classroom to learn something?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and for me it was also like, okay, well, if I'm going to school today, then I'm doing this.
Speaker 3: It was like I'll see that person.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, not scheming, but I was like, you know, I was just doing stuff all.
Speaker 3: I was always up to.
Speaker 1: Something, always had a band or or a comedy show or a video or a movie.
Speaker 3: It was like, you know, it was relentless.
Speaker 2: I love it. I love that you were a relentless schemer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When we pitched, we worked together on a show that we pitched to Disney Plus and in the meeting you told them you were in Manchester by the Sea.
Speaker 1: Of course. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, everyone believe they were like you were where. I missed that one. Yeah, it's one of my favorite things to be in a pitch meeting with someone who does shake things up. You and Jensen are both good at that because I am very just to the minding my p's and q's and just trying to meet.
Speaker 1: Those uncomfortable a pitch meeting, a general meeting. They're uncomfortable because it's like your whole life in your mind revolves around how you're being perceived. It's like an audition, and which is just it's impossible to get what you want out out of a power dynamic like that. So to try to find ways of just being like, well, how do I even the playing field here even though it's completely not even? And and I'm begging for I'm thirsty. Yeah, I'm thirsty for a job, for your love and your money.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. Also, I think the thing I wish I had learned a lot sooner is that doing something, even just something simple like make a simple lie like being in Manchester by the seat, makes you more memorable, which is truthfully maybe seventy percent of getting a job. It's just like needing to stay on someone's radar for some reason. And so I love people who are able to do that because I'm not good at it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, come on, I'm I'm also I feel like it was a joke like they were. They were they were asked talking about my my acting career, and at that time, Manchester by the Sea had just swept everything, and I was making a joke that I was small, like you know, it was. It didn't it didn't harm anything, and and it it was the type of bit, especially when they started believing me. Yeah, and I kept going going with it, yeah, which is like, that's that's good to me. That's good, that's good, you know. Uh, But I I was not in Manchester.
Speaker 2: We don't have to tell anybody that. I'm willing to let people believe it. You know. Your podcast now is on the SmartLess network, Staying Alive. You and your friend John Gabri talk to experts about health and fitness, claiming you to have been basically damaging your bodies for a decade now. But as a kid, were you into sports at all? I know you said you didn't know how to play hockey, you were always behind the eight ball. Were you athletic? Did you? Were you into the sports.
Speaker 1: I'm athletic because I'm a good mimic, you know what I mean. Like, I'm athletic because I can pick up things fairly quickly. Yeah, so I can make things, not like it doesn't look like I've never done it before. I like to play basketball, and I'm decent at it. I played some sports in high school because I was trying to find where I fit in, fit in. I'm not like a skilled athlete, but I'm one of those guys like jack of all, jack of all trades, master of non like I can do them all and make it look decent, but I'm certainly not like very good though I am. Basketball was say a basketball, I'm good at good at Yeah, I like I can play, I can.
Speaker 2: Ball, I can I know ball and I can.
Speaker 1: Play it and I I have I have scored on Stephen Curry.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, that's that's pretty great. Not may no, like legit like I scored a point because you two work together, right, We.
Speaker 1: Worked together on a TV show and in the TV show, we're supposed to play one on one and it got a little you know, like intense, not intense, but like I was like, you know, I was like, come on, don't don't like. I was like, let's play, let's play, And so we started playing and then I scored, and then that was the last time I touched the ball, He's like never, And then he took it really seriously and it ended in like thirty seconds after that, okay, and he hit like twelve shots in a row and and and really like wouldn't look at me.
Speaker 2: I was so mad.
Speaker 1: It was just it was just like the difference between a certified bona fide killer and you know, a flabby Josh.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, I get it you. I've been taking it too easy on you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, that's exactly what it was.
Speaker 2: Like the most important question I can ask you. Did you have a bar Mitzvah theme?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: It was music?
Speaker 2: Music? What kind of music were you into?
Speaker 1: You know, all sorts. There was like each table there's like a b C Boys stable, a Nirvana table, a Pearl Jam table, a sound Garden table.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then like the parents were at like the Beatles table, the Rolling Stone stable, led Zeppelin table. Okay.
Speaker 3: So you know it was like grunge was like pretty big when I.
Speaker 2: Was being bar mitzvad Oh yeah, I remember.
Speaker 3: So that was and still is.
Speaker 1: I think probably like what I still probably listened to the most, I would.
Speaker 2: Say, Okay, grunge.
Speaker 3: I like grunge music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I don't know why the the rock music from the nineties I really love, really love.
Speaker 2: There's something about nineties music when you grew up in the nineties that you can't shake it. Because I was a nineties hip hop and it's still my favorite. It's still my favorite.
Speaker 1: Like well, a nineties hip hop is particularly fun. It's like when you when you hear a nineties hip hop song, it's like your your your kind of start loosening up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was home and I was home alone, which never happens as a wife and mother, and I was home alone for about an hour and the first thing I did I undecorated the Christmas tree while listening to nineties hip hop, and I was like, Yeah, this is exactly what I want to do with my alone.
Speaker 3: What's the nineties hip hop?
Speaker 1: Like? What like you're looking for like a Rex and Effects?
Speaker 2: It was Big Notorious, Big, You're you're like Ray Snoop dog Tupac.
Speaker 1: See, there's something about that nineties hip hop that, like, I don't even think of as a night like that to me was already the beginning of modern day. Like you put on a biggie record or a hip hop record, a Tupac record now and it sounds me now, but there's a difference to like that nineties hip hop that was like not that yet.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I know what you mean, like tone low tone loa uh huh yep.
Speaker 3: That I love. I really love that.
Speaker 1: And then there's also like the backpack nineties stuff that I became.
Speaker 2: Obsessed with, like tribe called Quest.
Speaker 1: Yeah tribe and Goodie Mob.
Speaker 2: Daala Soul, Dla Soul and all.
Speaker 1: That stuff that I think that was probably like my sixteen to seventeen years were like all all that stuff.
Speaker 2: You're very into men's wear these days, and I know one of the things we share a love for are vintage watches. Yes, were you a good dresser as a team? Did you have a watch? Then?
Speaker 1: I did have a Why I always wore a watch? Okay, I feel weird. Since I was a kid, I've always felt weird. If there's nothing like it feels like a risk needs something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Why what do you wear?
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a seventies uh wide boy date just nice? What are you wearing?
Speaker 2: I'm wearing a I think sixties vintage Selini. Yeah, it's on its original Look at the band. It's on the original band, and I need to I don't know if I should replace. It's like falling apart? Do I replace the band?
Speaker 1: Do you have the Is the clip matching it? Does the the buckle match the is a rolex buckle? No, then it doesn't matter yet.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it is a Rolex buckle. It is.
Speaker 3: Oh, then keep the buckle and get a new band.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, okay, all right, that's what I'll do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love see I like old The thing I like old watches is that they're so like like a lot of like this watch. I don't think this would be like something that people would like cove it in the watch.
Speaker 3: World or anything. Yeah, it's so simple, but.
Speaker 1: Like I.
Speaker 2: Look at how loose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. Like that's my that's my jam. I like something that feels like it's been worn and it has character and no one else has it, and like that's that's what I like.
Speaker 2: It's kind of how I feel about this band that's falling apart. There's a part of me that like I wanted to I want it to look nicer, but also I feel weird getting rid of it. And this is take ticket.
Speaker 1: I want to buy a watch and be like, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay, because they may be able to even like suture it.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, good point. So did you have style as a kid?
Speaker 1: I did I have? I had style.
Speaker 3: I always had style.
Speaker 1: I don't. I think it's because my parents, like again, like.
Speaker 3: I have their headshot. Do you want to see their head shots?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please please? Oh my gosh, look at them. Your mom is a babe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom was little hotie.
Speaker 1: But so.
Speaker 2: Like they would get dressed like that was part of it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like when we would when we would have a weekend at a hotel, Like there's a picture somewhere of like me and my sister's in like track like Neon green track like Sergio Tuccini track suits, and my dad in like a like a Giorgio Armani style kimono, and I'm I'm playing piano and my mom is draped over the piano in like a red sequence, dressed like fabulous Baker boys. So it's like, I think because of that, you see that all the time, You're like, oh well, if I'm like there's something about leaving the house, You're like, well, I'm outside the house, right, you know, I'm out of the house.
Speaker 3: I try to do it on at work too, because I don't know why.
Speaker 1: But Hollywood, it's like there's something about coming to work in Hollywood is like the more successful and and like richer and famous you are, the more you show up on set looking like absolute insane shit. Yes, yes, I truly like I have seen the most beautiful, handsome movie stars of our life show up to set at six in the morning looking like dog shit. Yeah. Yeah, well you can't even recognize them. That's Robert Downey, you know, and like and he's wearing like a maternity dress, you know what I mean, And you're like hospital gown with like yeah, and you're like and he's like, yeah, I just you know, I have to get I have to get in the costume anyway. And you're like, I get that, but I don't know. It's like I like finishing a long day of work, going back to my trailer, taking off whatever stupid costume I have it and getting into like my thing, and exiting that trailer with a sense of like I did it.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, I don't feel that way in sweats.
Speaker 2: When I was an actor, I also would kind of go to work not not dressed cute. But now as a director, I find a lot of pride in like wearing a cool fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I talk about it all the time with my director. I mean like, I feel like there was like this big thing in the early aughts where like if you were directing TV, you showed up in a in a puffer patagonia and and like faded jeans and and like white basic sneakers because you didn't want anyone, you didn't want to upset anyone. You didn't want anyone to be like you know, like oh who's this Yeah, look at that guy, Look at that guy. It's like every director just wanted to to come in be workmen. All the pictures from that era are like, you know, the Russo's and like fourteen or faces. It's like, you know, and that has changed. That is like completely changed. And now every set I go to is like cool the director, Yeah, everyone looks cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like that. And for me, I do a lot of kids TeV and uh, wearing cool sneakers is a great icebreaker with a lot of young people, and so I make it a point I usually start when I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna wear to work that day. I start with my sneakers. I'm like, what's the what are the sneakers I want to talk about today? And then I build the outfit.
Speaker 1: Around that truthly, because it's saving your life. When a kid is like I don't want to stand.
Speaker 2: There exactly, and I'm like, did you see how cool?
Speaker 1: Am? You're like look at well, look at these Jordan Ones.
Speaker 3: They're standing there.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can stand next to them. And the kid's like, cool, you got Jordan Ones.
Speaker 2: I'll do anything you say, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: Were you a good student? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no?
Speaker 2: What was your worst subject?
Speaker 3: All of them?
Speaker 2: Everything?
Speaker 3: I remember, like when.
Speaker 1: You know, I was always like charming and precocious and stuff.
Speaker 3: Did you guys have that? In California?
Speaker 2: Class rank No, I don't know what class rank is.
Speaker 1: Class rank is like maybe it's eco, but it's like if you go to a school with a lot of kids, and the high school I went to had like three hundred.
Speaker 3: Kids and in the class, which is a.
Speaker 1: Big amount, a rank came out of your GPA.
Speaker 2: Oh for everyone to see. Yeah, this feels illegal.
Speaker 1: It's not. And I remember being like that was my first real wake up call at like eighteen years old when that rank came out and I was like, oh, I'm incredibly dumb, incredibly dumb and people. I remember people being like, you're two seventy.
Speaker 2: Five out of three hundred, and I remember.
Speaker 1: Being like, no, that cannot be right, Like there's only twenty five kids with the worst grade percentage than me, right, and like really, and like those kids ended up dead and in jail, and like you know what I mean, they were twenty five of them, but you know when you start getting to the backs, and it's like these kids are like driving camaros around like you know, the parking lot. Yeah, and I was one of them, if not worse. It was like a real wake up call that I had to get my shit together.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe that your principle was the same guy who ran Boy Meets World. I mean, I really feels this feels in crazy, Like why does everyone need to know the ranking of of everyone's GPA? Like what's the benefit?
Speaker 3: I mean, they all.
Speaker 1: They still have that right, like saluted Victorian Valedictori.
Speaker 2: Sure to highlight the best of the best.
Speaker 1: Right. Well, there's also when you're applying to colleges at the time was super like, you know, this is nineteen ninety eight, right, so it's like the only option you had was hopefully getting into a college. If you didn't get into a college, you're.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, yeah, it's over. Yeah. I remember that pressure. I remember I didn't have it because for some reason, my parents didn't make a bigger deal about me going to college because I was still on Boy Meets World at the time, and I think we all just kind of assumed, well, that's what you're going to continue to do. You're going to try to you're just going to continue to be an actor. And like, no, they didn't say to me, like, what do you mean, you're not going to go to college. They were just like, yeah, you're not going to college. But I remember all around me Ben Savage had it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It was like I got to study for the SATs and I got to get into college. All my friends were feeling it. If you did not know where you were going and go to college, life was just over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I remember so that same year, I took the ESATS, and the first time I took them, I got like an eight eighty.
Speaker 2: What is the it's out of twenty four hundred?
Speaker 1: Is that sixteen hundred? Yeah, I like barely got half. And I remember like my parents being like, oh shit, oh god, like the yeah, like the response was like like no one paid attention because I was always just being like, hey, here's my movie I made and like but then like I remember them being like, oh my god, he's not smart. He is something is not and like I couldn't do it. I still, I still, I don't know if it's learning disabilities that are unchecked.
Speaker 3: Or like, you know, I never had like a real.
Speaker 1: Assessment, assessment because we moved around so much, so like you know, but like I any of those word problems like someone going fifteen miles but forget it, forget it, any math, any numbers, forget it. I have dysgraphia, so I I couldn't they couldn't read my writing for the.
Speaker 2: Essay, so they just gave me a zero's dysgraphia.
Speaker 3: Dysgraphia is like.
Speaker 1: Dyslexia.
Speaker 3: It's a form of dyslexia.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can't. I have dyslexia, Like, so you know what that is? You read things backwards? I also do that when I write.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, so writing you'll move letter, put letters in wrong places, yes, all.
Speaker 1: Like without no, you know, like without knowing, you're just doing it and I know what the word is, but I like.
Speaker 2: You know, hear other people don't necessarily know what the word is right right.
Speaker 3: And you can't read.
Speaker 1: It's also like super illegible. Like if I were to write an audio, I had to change my autograph because my signature is illegible and people were getting upset when they would like come up to me on the street.
Speaker 3: So now I have to do it in.
Speaker 2: Print, right, okay, and you just spell the whole thing out.
Speaker 1: I spelled Adam Hallie like it looks like a but I just can't do it because you know, I spell my name wrong all the time, incursive, Like it's just a thing, it's just a problem. It's just a a thing like my my oldest son has it as well, and a munch of my other stuff.
Speaker 3: But uh, it's like.
Speaker 1: So I remember like being like oh wow, like I'm I'm so dumb, like I can't do it. And so that's when people started like do you remember there was a test of like what are you gonna be when you grow up you remember that thing. It's like those were nightmares. They all came out like you know, janitorial or you know, truly like not even like mechanic, like I couldn't even do the math to mechanicize. Like they were like you're going to be cleaning floors like that's and I remember being like, holy shit, how am I so dumb? I'm so funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah going for me?
Speaker 1: How am I so dumb?
Speaker 3: But so yeah, no, I was. School is a nightmare for me.
Speaker 2: Was your dad, who we talked about earlier, having gone the normal trajectory of lounge singer to doctor, the normal path everyone takes, was he did you feel like your parents were disappointed in you?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Never, never, No.
Speaker 1: I mean probably the saving grace was my parents being who they are and who they were. It was like, you know, they're incredibly compassionate hippies who wanted to work in Hollywood. And I think, you know, for every time that someone was like, oh, your son's dumb, my mom was like, well, he's also pretty funny, you know, And it was like I think if I didn't have that, I would be like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We talk about it a lot on Podmets World too, that thankfully there are, and it feels like it's in the conversation more regularly now that there are so many differ diferent types of intelligence and so many different things that you can be smart in and good at that this idea that you and I both grew up with, which is like, if you do not follow this formula of junior high, high school, high GPA, immediately into a four year college and figuring out what you want to do, you're going to have no future like that. Thankfully seems to have subsided a little bit, and and.
Speaker 3: We have Felicity Hoffman to think for that.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're right, Thank you, Felicity.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Lori Laughlin, William H.
Speaker 1: William Major really talk about misogynies like, I know, everyone's just like, well, Felicity obviously orchestrated that I was working. How could William H. Macy do it?
Speaker 3: He's a cop in Idaho.
Speaker 2: It's like, never him.
Speaker 3: Come on, you don't think William H.
Speaker 2: Macy was like because Massimo got out of it too.
Speaker 1: Well, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.
Speaker 2: William H. Macy got the Fargo pass.
Speaker 1: William Macy, Massimo, they're all running free. Meanwhile, where's Shelley. Where's Shelley, Miss Cabbage?
Speaker 2: No one's talking about it.
Speaker 1: No one's talking about it anymore. Where's Shelley? You know?
Speaker 2: What has that been?
Speaker 1: Soft?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. We don't even have any leads. I think she's what's thrown.
Speaker 1: Over that boat?
Speaker 2: Do you think so?
Speaker 1: Of course they put it right on that boat. They were like, miss Misscavage, we have a meal.
Speaker 4: For you on the deck right, And she was like, oh, it's not dinner time, but I am hungry.
Speaker 1: I'm quite they haven't been feeding us. He walks upstairs.
Speaker 2: I mean, Natalie, would I you know that's another one, Natalie, would we just let that go? Just just gone?
Speaker 1: What's that called love story? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like a like a possible like love triangle?
Speaker 1: Man, Hollywood is really they let it go. They let it fly.
Speaker 2: If you liked your work, if you're going to be in the in memorial, you can get away with a lot.
Speaker 1: You think.
Speaker 2: You think, what did you do for fun on weekends as a kid? Did you have like a hangout spot?
Speaker 1: Sure, but there was a place in a living when you know, my my teenage years were kind of like divided because I was a bit a loaner and because I was new to Jersey when we got there. Okay, and I met my high school girlfriend who was older than me and was like the hottest art student at the high school. I met her when I was fifteen in an art class and she was sixteen and we're married.
Speaker 2: Danielle was Daniella, So.
Speaker 1: My teenagers were like very you know, there's like it was like before I met her and then after I met her, because like after I met her, I was just like obsessed with her and then and then you know, she went to college and I went to Schouts was a four or five years where I got to like grow up. But like from from junior year, I was from my senior year or junior year where she was a senior.
Speaker 3: I was obsessed. I was like obsessed.
Speaker 1: I mean every weekend I would just go wherever she was going, wherever her friends were going.
Speaker 3: I would just like I was like a little.
Speaker 2: Was she equally as obsessed?
Speaker 1: You'd have to ask her that. I think. I think she thought it was cute that this younger younger and I.
Speaker 3: Was a loner. But I was also you know, I had this.
Speaker 1: Thing on, did you guys have morning announcements in high school.
Speaker 2: Of course, Jensen did the morning announcements, so so did I, of course.
Speaker 1: And I made it like a sketch comedy show, so did and those sketches then they were not good, but the you know, people started to like rally behind them.
Speaker 3: They put them on like public access.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And so I was like, you know, it wasn't like I was a.
Speaker 2: Loser, no, no, and everyone liked you. Like That's how everyone knew who Jensen Karp was in high school because everyone heard his voice every day.
Speaker 1: Exactly, so everyone knew who Adam was. But I wasn't like cool. Yeah, so I think she thought it was cute and then yeah, and then but we also were in an art class. We got along. It was like I wasn't just obsessed with how that she was like the hottest girl school. I was obsessed that, like like it finally someone like got me, you know, and like was artsy and yeah, you know all that. It was like, oh, this is I'm totally comfortable here. I want to be here. And then it was like that was it?
Speaker 2: I love that? And so how old were you guys when you got married? You basically followed in your parents.
Speaker 1: We were a little older. Okay, we were twenty eight and twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you had basically, you know, with the exception of college years where you were apart then for a little while, you can go where since you were fifteen, we.
Speaker 3: Were, we had.
Speaker 1: We had a five year break and then we both moved back to New York and I invited her to comedy show.
Speaker 3: And that sealed it.
Speaker 2: Fun first date, come see.
Speaker 1: My copy on a date.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, you live here, I do comedy Come And then.
Speaker 2: It was like, did she bring a friend or she go alone?
Speaker 1: She went alone?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, good sign.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I feel like she knew, she knew and I knew where she was living, Like we talked, you know, yeah, but yeah and then and yeah, so we we. I think I talk about in therapy one of the reasons that probably I recreated is my parents' marriage was so good and I'm sure they had problems that I didn't know about, but it was like to the kids, to the family, it was such a lovely place the house that you're like, oh, if I could find that that, I think that's what happened, Like that's what the what the goal of life is like. To be happy in the house every day.
Speaker 2: So smart. You have three kids now, yeah, which I think is one too many, but I agree, Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I agree.
Speaker 1: I did not want I actually don't want any of them, but I really well I did want them. I just didn't know they were happening when it happened. Yeah, they're all three were surprises.
Speaker 2: My goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nightmare.
Speaker 2: You said your oldest. Do you see a lot of teenage Adam in your oldest? Is he He's.
Speaker 3: A better version of me.
Speaker 1: He's everything, he'sy, he does everything better with a sense of calm and a sense of like I had a desperation in me. I don't know if it's growing up in the city. I heard Timothy Shallowy talk about it recently when he was talking about like what the director with Safty asked of him from Marty Spiens, like tap into that kid riding the subway like singing. I was like that that is there's something about New York City when you grow up here that it makes you loud. It makes it's like you you know what it takes to be noticed right in a different way than and you live in the suburbs and you're one of a million people who have the same experience, Like everyone in New York is having a different experience, even the kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and so I think that that gave me a lot of like, h.
Speaker 2: Your oldest son. At least I know for sure, dress is real cool. Do all of your kids have style?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah they do. It's a bummer because I can't be I'll never be rich, but but it's cool. Yeah, I know, they're they're they you know, my wife is extremely stylish, and I feel like they they they also have grown up like it's all fun and games. And then I'll get a text from like my stylist who's like Cole send me a question about a suit he wants to wear too.
Speaker 3: Junior prom and I'm like he what he did?
Speaker 1: What? And then I have to go to the zoom and be like that cost seventeen hundred dollars what you just did?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I love that. My kids. I wish they would let me dress them more, but they are starting six and four.
Speaker 1: You guys are such chic. I feel like you guys are chic.
Speaker 2: We are and we are cool. And I keep trying to tell Adler, I promise you I'm not buying you uncool shit. Yeah, I if I put something in front of you, it's because it's cool and I think you should wear it. And he just wants to wear the same John Cena sweatshirt every day.
Speaker 1: Grad that trust me, because there was a time. I mean I remember Cole was like wearing.
Speaker 3: The same.
Speaker 1: Formula one racer.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was like we got into we got into Formula one was a year. I don't even know, one year. It happened. And as soon as it happened, it was over blink of an eye.
Speaker 2: We bought all the sweatshirts, everything.
Speaker 3: It was over blink of an eye. They're all gone.
Speaker 1: It's like nothing stays, it'll it'll change.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel about Paw Patrol. We had every single Paw Patrol item you could imagine, and then overnight they were like, that's for babies, and now what do I do with all this baby stuff?
Speaker 1: I used to have a really hard time with that because like do you have do you do you have like the app on your phone that like tell like shows you pictures from years past on that day. Yes, Yeah, I can't time hoop that. I can't with time hot like and and it truly turns my wife into like, yeah, a perimenopauzzle puddle of just emotion that cannot be put back into a jar. And it'll happen. It'll have like we'll be sitting at lunch and she'll be like, oh my god, six years ago, Gigi got braces, and I'll be like, oh, I don't. I don't want to see it. I don't want to see it. I don't want to look at that. All I see is like twenty thousand dollars a tooth, right, But like I'm just seeing like could have had a car, could have had a watch, could have had a car, and like, but my wife is seeing like our lives, yeah, float through our hands, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's so loaded, Yes, it's very loaded. My phone makes nice little collages for us set to set to sappy music, no way, and I'm getting a lot of them now because my boys are becoming more and more friends and they're like really enjoying spending time together.
Speaker 1: What's the age gap?
Speaker 2: Just two years?
Speaker 3: That's like my oldest and Cole and Gg are are well thirteen months.
Speaker 2: So my gosh, yeah, I told you.
Speaker 1: I did not want surprise.
Speaker 3: Literally surprise.
Speaker 1: We were like twenty nine and we had a baby, and then it was like is actors like, well you're you're free to go party, and so we're like great, Yeah, and my dad watched the baby, went to Vegas and then we came back and then we had another baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean thirteen months, you're pregnant for almost ten so like you had a sheeful.
Speaker 1: My wife was pregnant for three years. Yeah, truly, she's a queen. I'm so lucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You also that brings me to something else I'm contractually obligated to say before we end the podcast. Yeah, this is just because of my bosses. If you're looking to change your mobile plan, SmartLess Media now doing.
Speaker 3: Cell phone coverage, and.
Speaker 2: How is the how is the cell phone coverage? Is it good? You love it?
Speaker 1: It's it's I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 4: It's spotty, full spotty, Okay, only for Sean.
Speaker 2: But is it reasonable?
Speaker 1: It's reasonable? Yeah, you know, it's totally reasonable. Yeah, and and and and truly, if there's anything those guys need, it's disposable income.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. We should. What are we going to start? Let's start a business together. What do you want to start.
Speaker 1: Honestly, this is a conversation I feel like we would have had ten years ago at a Hollywood party where I would have like just come out of a bathroom and be like, yo, Dale, listen, hold on, Dane, listen real quick. What if we start a business specifically for the pets of Major League Relief pictures? Because think about it, they're traded all the time, they move, they move constantly. Who's taking care of their dogs?
Speaker 2: Who's taking care of those pets?
Speaker 1: And then it's like uber, Everything's like Oober.
Speaker 2: Always be closers. Let's say it.
Speaker 1: I mean a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Adam, thank you so much for being here with me. I have thoroughly enjoyed our conversation, as I always do. I would love to find, you know, something for us to work on together again, because I mean, I love you guys. We have to. I still keep trying to reignite the Disney plus idea. I still think there's a place for it. It's only I'm just going to bring.
Speaker 1: You a script for a movie and then you'll just direct a movie.
Speaker 2: Let's just do that, okay, I mean that that's a more forward.
Speaker 3: Path, way easier, right, it's fine.
Speaker 2: So much easier write something great.
Speaker 1: Sorry, let's do a funny like parent.
Speaker 2: Can I also act in it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course I would. I would expect that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's do it.
Speaker 1: That sounds like good. Yeah, all right, I'm going to start going through my my idea notebook.
Speaker 2: Yes, please do that'd be so fun. Adam, thank you so much for being here and keeping me laughing for the last hour. You are always a pleasure to talk to. And for those of you listening, we are not done with Adam yet. There will be a special bonus episode with Adam Paley airing this Friday, where we hear one of our listener's embarrassing stories and share a few more of our own. So to make sure you get that episode, make sure you go to wherever you listen to podcasts, search for teen Beat and subscribe there so you never miss an episode. Teen Beat is an iHeart podcast produced and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Executive producers Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production Danielle Romo, producer and editor Tara Souboch. The theme song is by mar Coppus. Yes that Mark Coppus. Follow us on Instagram at teen beat Pod.