Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Katty and He.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Yeddy.
Speaker 4: So Joe Biden's presidency is nearly over. His staff has all but checked out. They'd even stopped changing the batteries in his life alert. In an interview with USA Today, the Old Cout insisted he could have beaten Trump in the election. In fact, only two things were holding him back. His widespread unpopularity and breathing.
Speaker 2: Old Coot made me laugh more than the punchline.
Speaker 3: Name funny words an old.
Speaker 1: As a yes on a completely different topic. I was just thinking about something else and as I said to my beautiful bride before work today, so apparently the holiday pounds aren't just going to magically melt.
Speaker 2: Off, right, that's funny. I dismounted the scale, similar thought myself just in the hole. I mean, it's a trite saying at this point, you know, something like moment on the lips, Lifetime and the hips or anything like that, but it's true. Oh yeah, I mean I'm I'm on the scale today and thinking those several eating choices you made over the break worth it at this point, not in any way whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Putting it on is falling off a log. Taking it off is a job anyway. I wish you well in your efforts, as I hope you wish me so. A couple of things really quickly mentioned Pete hegxath earlier. I was looking at this excerpt of this thirty three page rant that Elizabeth Warren unleashed as we are heading toward the hearings for a number of the appointees or you know, designates Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 2: That's a big job, especially with a couple of wars going on.
Speaker 1: Oh, incredibly important. Yeah. One of the main problems that that Elizabeth Warren has is she hammers him for saying things like here it is you've claimed that the dumbest phrase on planet Earth in the military is our diversity is our strength. Yeah, that makes me want to support him. Has noted above, you also called for firing the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and quote any general that was involved, any general, admiral whatever, that was involved in any of the DEI woke s Oh boy, Now I really really want to support him. Additionally, you complained in the war on Warriors. There was a book he wrote. I believe that quote. A woke military emphasizes the made up military values of diversity and inclusion and fails to recruit masculine men who make up a warrior class.
Speaker 3: Do you think she's.
Speaker 2: Convincing me to not want him to be Yes. Obviously we're the wrong target for this, but I think most of those things are at least somewhere in the fifty to fifty range in this country. If not, oh please, overwhelmingly favored.
Speaker 1: Right, right, So anyway, I don't love Pete's chances at this point, but that's sure as hell, ain't why you know what the for him?
Speaker 2: You don't like his chances because of what.
Speaker 1: Just whether he's worth the contentious hearings. Plus, I know Jony Ernst, a veteran and senator from Iowa, is a little concerned about some of the things he said about women in combat. He has now walked back those comments. Well, that'll all be explained in the hearing, right I think. So I hope they give him a fair shot. I just I fear that they will go with somebody who is has got gravitas and experience, is a good old hand in Washington, d C. And he's not going to be the energetic force for change that Pete wants to be. So I'm anxious to hear the hearings. I hope they give him a fair shot. But having said that, I came across this in the Wall Street Journal, and the Wall Street Journal editorial board is absolutely great, as good as there is on questions of woke crap and DEI. But they're reporters, many of whom are young. Are absolutely not. And I came across this piece Corporate America drew back from DEI. The upheaval isn't over. And they named jack Ford and Walmart and McDonald's and John Deere and Tractor Supply and all sorts of stuff, all sorts of corporations like that. But the part that bothered me, and this goes to the this is not the beginning of the end, it's the end of the beginning, is these reporters. And I'm trying to find the exact quote supporters of DEI. I say, most boards and executives still support diversity diversity efforts, even if they avoid the term and bend to the demands of activists or try to sidestep skirmishes with the Trump administration. There are still too few people who get that DEEI is not about diversity.
Speaker 2: That's fraud.
Speaker 1: They say, it's about making sure that black people and brown people and gay people have.
Speaker 3: A fair shot. No, it's not. It's a technique of infiltration.
Speaker 1: You have people who want to tear down the powers that be in Western civilization. They're neo Marxists. Woke is a pretty good overlap with the neo Marxists. Diversity means getting more people in this organization who want to overthrow.
Speaker 3: It like us.
Speaker 1: Equity is just communism, and inclusion is back to that first point. Include more people who want to overthrow this institution like we do. It masquerades this racial justice. That's not what they're trying to do. And that's the point that you've got to get. It's it's neo Marxism. It's not about race. They're just trying to use racial tensions and gripes to take over. As James Lindsay has put it, DEI is you call something racist until you control it. Having said that, moving along, a couple of woke world leaders, actually quite a few are getting the bums rush, including woke Elvis cute little Justin Trudeau in Canada, and Matthew Lao the National Review did wrote a piece about his performance over like the last four or five years.
Speaker 2: It's miserable.
Speaker 1: Not only just skyrocketing immigration that's causing the same sort of well they social and economic problems in Europe, but other stuff too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting thing. The immigration change in Canada was stark. I remember how many years ago, Gladys, do you still play the harp?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Just no, no, no, no. Just saying I remember is not eure abusing, Gladys. It's got to be clearly a reminiscence of your past life, not your past life like I'm a psychic, but you know what I mean. Michael Jgree, I think Jack was a little hasty to go to the back of the hand there, I think. So, Gladys, can you play like a specific time frame?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Gladys. I think she's quiet quitting. But anyway, I had some Canadian friends and so I was just trying to figure out the time period on this. This would have been about twenty years ago. I was running around with these Canadian friends of mine and uh and I had been I traveled to Canada, a couple of summers in her own loved it up there. So I was just thinking about it.
Speaker 1: Learned to nothing about how to remove your jacket. Apparently I still take off my gat like a girl. It's Canadians. They take off their jacket in a very manly way.
Speaker 3: You're damn right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I was asking about how to move to Canada, and then they were both from Canada and they were like, no, that's all. It's really hard to do, really hard to do. You have to prove that you can support yourself without a job or have a specific kind of skill that is needed. And I thought, okay, wow, so that's stuck in my head. That is really hard, and I like that. I think we should be like that. I remember that stuck in my head. Well, Trudeau, we kind of like that if you follow the law. Yeah. Well Trudeau came in and changed all that. They changed their policies in Canada and they went more like the United States currently is, where anybody can come in for any reason. They were hardcore. You better have enough money to support yourself for life and make it clear you're not going to get on a program, or you have a job skill we want or you can't come for whatever in Canada, right, Europe.
Speaker 1: Is absolutely the same. And then they threw the borders open and it's been disaster. Speaking of which we'll get to Angela Merkele in just a second.
Speaker 3: But listen to this here.
Speaker 1: Since Trudeau took office and through the third quarter of last year, which is the last available data, cumulative real GDP per person growth in nine years had been one point seven percent in Canada one point seven percent. It was eighteen point six percent in the US. When data for the fourth quarter of twenty twenty four published, the gap will almost certainly widen. Canada's real GDP per capita fell for six consecutive quarters as of the third quarter of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: And is expected to have fallen again.
Speaker 1: This means that Canadians, on average would have seventeen percent higher incomes today if Canada's real GDP growth had tracked with the United States when Trudeau was in power. Let's see Canada's economic and this is not about Canada and Trudeau per se, It's about progressive policies. Canada's economic performance under Trudeau's even worse when you examine the details. The component of GDP that drives long term improvements and living standards and productivity. Growth is business investment, but business investment in non residential structures like machinery equipment in electrical property is down eight point two percent.
Speaker 3: In Canada.
Speaker 1: Cumulative real per capita down eight point two percent since Trudeau took office. By contrast, the United States is up almost thirty five percent, down eight percent versus up thirty five percent.
Speaker 2: Well, their main industries are maple syrup production and hockey pucks, and people have found alternative pancake toppings.
Speaker 1: Although again, this is about and the United States had wonderful numbers. If if California did not have tech, those numbers would be far worse in particularly in Blue states. The only thing that saves California's bacon is tech. If all of tech moved to Texas overnight, holy crap, would there be a reckoning anyway? Under Trudeau, businesses invested less while the government, surprise surprise, expanded significantly. Twenty fifteen to twenty twenty twenty four, total employment in Canada's agricultural industry fell eighteen percent. Federal Department of Agriculture and Agri Food headcount. I'm sorry, so agriculture declined by eighteen percent. The Federal Department of Agriculture increased.
Speaker 3: By eleven percent. Wow.
Speaker 1: Of course, total employment natural resources fell one percent. Headcount in the Federal Department increased thirty nine percent. So on their multiple multiple departments they cite. And then finally consider the social disorder that Trudeau sparked. There's been a recent explosion in anti Semitism across the country, including violent attacks. Police reported hate crimes more than tripled over the last eight years, even after accounting for population growth. Huge increase of crimes against Jews coincident with their importing many, many, many many folks from Muslim countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was listening to National Review podcasts and they were all in agreement on how horrible it would be to take in Canada as a fifty first state because they make California seem like Wyoming in terms of their political beliefs. I mean, they are not a free speech culture. They're They're also much more of a government takes care of us culture cradle to grave than anybody in the United States, even the liberal States.
Speaker 1: We don't want that culture. No, No, indeed, I want to get to the Charman angle. Markle before the end of the hour, she's put out a big new memoir and it's not landing the way she thought it would.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I don't know anything about that will if you stay tuned, going to be super windy the next couple of days in LA That is unfortunate. Man, got a lot more on the way. Stay here. A couple of different things we want to play from last night sixty minutes coming up. That'd be Christopher Ray, the FBI director, with a couple of things he's worried about which were horrifying. And then a State Department group of people that were on there bad mouthing the United States helping Israel that I found very madning getting that ouch.
Speaker 3: That steam and pile, I'm not interested. So I thought there was this.
Speaker 1: This was interesting just as a fan of geopolitics and policy and leadership and the parallels between the United States and Europe and Canada for that matter, as we were just talking about. But Angela Merkel, who has hailed during your time in charges the new face of leadership in Europe.
Speaker 3: And the new Europe.
Speaker 1: She's so wise and so smart, and I wish she could be our president. Blah blah blah. Well she went out of office, unpopular, and many of the birds that she unleashed have come home to roost. She just wrote a seven hundred and thirty six page memoir entitled Freedom.
Speaker 3: Which is ironic, but we'll get in.
Speaker 1: We may not have time for that, but it's getting terrible reviews, and the German people have reacted extremely negatively because all of the progressive policies that she advocated, including white open borders, wide open immigration from the Middle East and in Africa, and progressive politics, green energy whatever. You got German society falling apart in a lot of towns, the rise of what's being called the far right. You got people who can't afford their energy. They became dependent on Russia.
Speaker 2: Right, That's the underreported story to me is years and years of moving closer and closer to being dependent on Russia, clear up through the time to invade Ukraine. I mean, what did you think was gonna happen? You nut jobs?
Speaker 1: Well? Right, and what's funny about this? Kind of a bitter brand of funny. But she's unleashed this memoir and everybody's essentially reacting, Oh.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: She's the cause of all of this, and so she's getting a hell of a kicking. The Financial Times, which in twenty fifteen called her one of germany These great Chancellors, wrote in response to her memoir that she was quote the most damaging European leader since nineteen forty five. Whoops, said Andreas wrote her at the Chair of Modern Contemporary History at the Johannes Gutenberg University of blah blahlah. Her key policies have all been exposed is wrong by the passage of time. Only a few years later. Her era feels like ancient history. Unbelievable. Oh and one more point on this. There's more to it. But I know you don't care that much about German culture and politics. But I wasn't. I gonna say it flitted right out of my mind. It's important. Oh, that's right. This article in all of them tipped their caps to the fact that the far right in Germany, far right political parties are rising up, and some of them have troubling associations with neo Nazis or whatever.
Speaker 3: Here's the deal, and this is this.
Speaker 1: I'm saying this not as a guy rooting for one thing or another, but as a guy who studied political science for years and years and years. If you have an issue, for instance, rampant immigration and crime that the main stream of your country is really unhappy about, but you've browbeaten them into believing that they're not allowed to talk about it because it's rude or it's racist or whatever, they will be afraid to talk about it. The quote unquote far right, on the other hand, doesn't give a crap what you consider rude a racist, and they're going to talk about it loudly. And people who have been suffering in silence because they've been cowed into silence will turn to those far right quote unquote sources or political parties or whatever. That's the problem with suppressing people's honest feelings about your policies is after a while people think, Okay, the only people are saying what I think are these so called far right parties. I guess I'm with them.
Speaker 2: Christopher Wray, FBI director, on his way out the door with Trump coming in, laid out some of the things he's worried about, or how bad China is on the global stage and other stuff. So stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty. You know, my current obsession is France eighteen seventy eighteen seventy one. Can't read enough about it. Really got started at the Big Art Museum in Washington, d C. On that with the display they had, and I just I'll have to talk about it at some point. Fascinating period of time eighteen seventy to seventy one. Correct, Wow, that horrible year as they call it. But more on that at a different time. Also, was that the great Baguette Samine. Well, it's when they went to war with Germany and got their asses kicked, and they had been the dominant power for one hundred years in Europe and they got coming to them what I hope we don't get coming to us after a year and just assuming you were the dominant.
Speaker 3: Power, I was afraid there was a modern parallel.
Speaker 2: And then how it interacted with Impressionism in the rise of a new art form that happened at the same time with many of the painters being involved in the politics of the day, which is really freaking fascinating. But last hour I talked about how I take off my coat like a girl. We've gotten a lot of texts about that, including one who said that's like number fifty on the list of one hundred things you do like a girl, So okay, but people want a video, So after the show, I might have to take a video of me taking off my coat. Will post it and then you can either comment or whether or not do I take my coat off like a girl? As Katie has said and a friend of mine, my son said it last night. I sold a friend of mine laughingly and they said, oh, yeah, you've always taken your coat off like a girl.
Speaker 1: I was like, what, just will you be able to take off your coat in the usual fashion without being self conscious on the video?
Speaker 2: I think so I only know one way to take off my coat. I didn't know it was like a girl. Anyway, we'll post that and then you can, uh maybe give me some tips on how to in a more manly mash fashion. I take off my skirt, you put your purse down on a chair before you take your coat off, right.
Speaker 3: Similar joke.
Speaker 2: So this was on sixty minutes last night. Outgoing FBI director Christopher ray I was trying to remember this this morning. So he wasn't supposed to leave for a couple of years. They have ten year terms by design so that they're not they don't overlap. They overlap with presidential administrations. They wouldn't be timed with presidential administrations. That's on purpose. And I wasn't particularly happy that Trump was forcing him out. Then something happened last week, and remember I said, well, now I'm glad he's going. Do you remember what the story was. We found out something about Christopher Ray or something he believed or something he said or something he did.
Speaker 1: Well, it was, uh, it might have been the gallon New Orleans who immediately after.
Speaker 3: Inspired terrorist at Texas.
Speaker 1: This is not a terrorist incident that is incredibly undisciplined.
Speaker 2: That is it? The fact that he didn't come out and say that as inappropriate. Yeah, I'm glad you're leaving.
Speaker 1: You know, I've known quite a few FBI agents in my life, including some who rose to a fairly high level. And the idea that you would say something that undisciplined is just unthinkable.
Speaker 3: It's it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: It's it's like an NFL quarterback handing the ball to the other team and saying, oh, I didn't understand.
Speaker 3: It's just the guys in my jersey. Well, have you just you can't even picture it.
Speaker 2: Have there been any stories going in the other direction over the last decade. Any of the things that have come out that one was public, but you know, the behind the scenes stuff with Peter Strock and his girlfriend and then we're going to stop Trump and blah blah blah. Have there been any things come out on the on the conservative side of politics that seem out of bounds? I don't remember any. Are they all like lefty stuff?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 1: There plenty of unsung stories where the FBI has done a great job and you just never hear about it. But sure, politically speaking the other side of the isle, not that I'm familiar with at all, things that are semi scandalous where they shouldn't be involved in politics.
Speaker 2: Are there any? They all seem to go one direction.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because if you're an actual conservative, the idea of I'm going to use my position illegally or unethically to get a better result, you're not a conservative.
Speaker 2: Right, You don't get it. Good point anyway. Christopher Ray was on sixty Minutes last night. He said a lot of interesting things. I don't know if this needs any setup. Uh, well, guess we'll find out after WePlay. Here we go.
Speaker 5: China's cyber program is by far and away the world's largest, bigger than that of every major nation combined, and has stolen more of Americans' personal and corporate data than that of.
Speaker 3: Every nation big or small combined.
Speaker 5: But even beyond the cyber theft, there's another part of the Chinese cyber threat that I think has not gotten the attention publicly that I think desperately deserves, and that is Chinese government's prepositioning on American civilian critical infrastructure to lie in wait, on those networks to be in a position to wreak havoc and can inflict real world harm at a time and place of their choosing.
Speaker 2: I feel like the President should be having a press conference today taking questions on just that clip of Chris ray on sixty minutes last night.
Speaker 1: I would hope the awareness and the taking of action to counteract it is appropriate to the size of the threat, because I feel like I've been howling about this for a long time. I feel like we are set up like a bowling pin, and China has capabilities we can't even dream of, which Ray actually gets into in the next cliff.
Speaker 2: But that whole they have a bigger yber program than every other country combined. Yeah, Okay, here we go, but.
Speaker 3: They're already in our systems.
Speaker 6: As he explains, the Chinese have already insinuated malware into critical American infrastructure.
Speaker 5: That's correct, like what things like water treatment plants, We're talking about transportation systems. We're talking about targeting of our energy sector, the electric grid, natural gas pipelines, and recently we've seen targeting of our telecommunications system.
Speaker 2: Well, let's roll on with more of what China's doing than we can discuss.
Speaker 6: They have been listening to the telephone calls of people in the United States government.
Speaker 3: Some people.
Speaker 5: We believe that they have collected their content, the actual communications.
Speaker 3: Of those people.
Speaker 6: Ray wouldn't say it, but we have confirmed China gathered communications of US national security officials, the Kamala Harris campaign, and Donald Trump himself.
Speaker 2: So I'll ask you, Joe, we've been talking about this now for several weeks. Josh Rogan, I think is a guy who laid it out best for US months ago as last year. How many Americans know that China not only hacked into all of our cell phone systems and everything like that, and can listen to every single person's phone call and read all their texts, And it's still true today. How many people in America know that practically none?
Speaker 3: Three percent? Maybe?
Speaker 2: How do you explain that because we hate media sucks. The part of it's that part of it is just the safe and comfortable thing. Getting to what I was talking about. France had been the dominant military power in Europe for century, and everybody just kind of ignored that Germany had come up with all these new weapons systems and everything like that that France hadn't. And this is the history of the world. It repeats itself over and over and over again. You've been for so long, you think we'll always be done. Nobody can touch us, nobody's ever been able to touch us. We're fine, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean I could probably cook up like three reasons that this is such an under told story or under emphasized story.
Speaker 3: Part of it has to do with a lot.
Speaker 1: Of our media is uncomfortable with anything that like talks harshly about the Chinese because well, wait a minute, because we have Chinese American people and Chinese immigrants and Chinese students, and we don't want any racism because there's just so stupid. I don't I don't know, I don't know when when the smacking comes, when the poop hits the fan, I'm hoping it's a long time because China's weakened enough economically that as Ian Bremer was saying when we interviewed them recently, and that podcast is available wherever you get podcasts Armstrong, you get extra large or on demand. But what was he saying, Oh, they're weakened enough that they've had to scale back some of their global ambitions.
Speaker 3: And I hope that's true.
Speaker 1: But if indeed the pooh hits the fan and China decides to pull all those triggers that they have in our infrastructure right now, it will be the only thing anybody in America talks about for weeks and weeks until it's straightened out.
Speaker 2: More decades or centuries, depending on how it plays out. I was reminded the other day, was it Yeah, I guess it was it tucking it in inner or it might have been sixty minutes that that whole what was the that pipeline on the East coast, that can that carries ninety percent of the gas or whatever.
Speaker 1: That was Chinese hacking, yeah? Or was it Russian hacking? It doesn't matter. The point was it was hacking all of our infrastructure that's connected to a computers hackable, and China, to their evil, evil credit, has been working like crazy to infiltrate it.
Speaker 2: We might be saved just by the fact that China has mismanaged their economy so poorly that they think we can't get into a war right now. They've got all the all the groundwork laid for when they were going to pull the trigger on Taiwan or something or baker, but they just start too broke and economically weak to do it right now, because Yeah, all of a sudden, your water's not safe to drink, your cell phone doesn't work, so everybody's in a panic. You got no electricity at home. The level of disruption, you can't even hardly imagine it.
Speaker 1: I'm reminded of you're oft mocked prayer that God will send you a minor health scare so you'll clean up your act, as if you know cancer and organ loss wasn't enough. But there's part of me that thinks we need something like that in the US that gets everybody's attention. So we wake the hell up, because if we go down a couple more years down this road of just whistling happily and ignorantly and thinking we're a big, fat strung you preparer.
Speaker 3: We will always be. Nobody can hurt us.
Speaker 1: Huh, we're just gonna get screwed all the worse.
Speaker 2: Joe's referencing my many times where you're saying I wish I'd have a mild heart attack because then I would probably get my eating together. Uh it's blasphemous to say that sort of thing, but I feel like we've had the mild heart attack as a country China. Hacking into all your cell phones, reading all your texts and listening to all your phone calls is not a mild heart attack. But nobody's interested.
Speaker 1: Among their conclusions. Boy, Joe Ginney and his wife are sappy. Secondly, they hacked into the Kamalis Harris campaign.
Speaker 3: They're thinking, what the hell? Who's running this? Why don't they write a speech for why is she stupid?
Speaker 2: Well, they've got a whole file today on how I take them off my coat like a girl because they've been following my text line.
Speaker 1: So you're blackmailable, right, Probably not because you're you're open about it.
Speaker 3: Uh, do we want the final slip ray? It might as well. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 5: There was a guy, a Pakistani citizen, just a few months ago who we worked with our Canadian partners to arrest. This guy was trying to get into the US to get to New York City to conduct a mass shooting at a Jewish center in Brooklyn, and in his words, not my words, his words, he wanted to conduct the largest attack in the US.
Speaker 3: Since nine to eleven.
Speaker 5: So what I would say to the American people is that when you think these things are happening half a world away, it's like that little inscription on your.
Speaker 3: Mirror in your car.
Speaker 5: Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.
Speaker 2: Tic tick tick. Objects in mirrors are closer than they appear.
Speaker 1: Yes, objects, like I said, objects in the mirror. Scott Kelly, Yeah, I actually think Chris Ray is a pretty good guy.
Speaker 3: I think he suffers, perhaps.
Speaker 1: From being downstream of eight years of the Obama administration and the pressures they put on the FBI and hiring decisions and affirmative action and DEI crap and the rest of it. And now I think he's sitting atop an organanization that's suffering from those decisions and policies.
Speaker 3: But I don't know I don't. I don't. I can't see any the guy's heart and.
Speaker 2: Mind well, and yeah, to whatever extent that matters at this point. But I want to be wrong about all this stuff. I want to be wrong. I want China to not have the big win at some point. I want there to not all of a sudden one day be a terrorist cell do all kinds of horrible things and they all stuck across the border during the Biden administration. I don't want those things to happen. But man, there's sure a decent chance that it does.
Speaker 1: Uh yes, yeah, In fact, the idea that it doesn't happen is really wishful thinking.
Speaker 2: Right, We'll finish strongs to hear.
Speaker 3: Big thirty six?
Speaker 1: Why open that Samuel sag some sacks, the slips of a.
Speaker 3: Tackle, he's taking it home for the.
Speaker 2: Touchdownd, How is Josh Allen throwing a touchdown pass for the Buffalo Bills as they stomped the Broncos. Getting a closer to what practically every NFL fan has been waiting for and expecting Chiefs Bills to see. Who goes to the Super Bowl again. That's going to be a heck of a game. Can't wait.
Speaker 1: The Philadelphia Eagles might have something to say about that matchup. Jack, stay with us, stay tuned. We'll break down the players and the How.
Speaker 2: Would the Eagles in the NFC have anything to say about? Who's in the AFC Championship game?
Speaker 3: Oh? AFC Championship?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was dot you're on the super Bowl. There was only half paying attention back to you.
Speaker 2: Okay. So I want to know if anybody's tried one of these Aura rings. I saw him at Target. I didn't know anything about him, and my son was like, oh, you don't know anything about this, and he went on a rant. I don't know why he knows about it. Uh, seeing add somewhere, I guess AnyWho. They look like a pretty nice modern ring, although I don't I'm not a ring guy and I'm not married, so I don't know where I would wear it. But it's a smart ring. They're about four ner dollars like this the cost of a you know, a medium smartphone, but you get the app for your iPhone or whatever kind of phone you have, and it tracks over thirty different biometrics. You wear it on your finger all the time, sleep, activity, stress, heart health, women's health metrics. You know, Lady Time, the or ring Forest, powered by smart sensing which adapts to your unique finger, delivering the most accurate continuous data day and night. They claim that it's a lot of the information that you get from smart bit sort of things watches, but it's better because it's tight around your finger, and it's also needs a smaller battery can last longer. Blah blah blahs. Seems like a fairly good idea. I just wondered if anybody had ever used it. You should text us or email it. Email us if you've used this and liked it on eight days of battery life, so you could just leave it on pretty much all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, A good friend was urging me to check out tracking my sleep via the Apple Watch, for instance. But I hate the idea of wearing a watch while I sleep. I know you get used to it.
Speaker 2: I have a watch I never take off ever, ever, ever, ever congratulates full sleep, shower whatever, so I'm very used to it. So I could do that for the biometric stuff. But how about a ring? Could you wear a ring all the time. I'd prefer not to, but I suppose so it would be nice to have that information, THO, wouldn't it a week or how I sleep or when my heart rate gets the highest or lowest, or all kinds of different stuff.
Speaker 1: I'd be kind of interested when I'm having my lady time, because men can menstroy it. As we've learned recently from a freaking lunatics who definitely believe you'll fall for anything.
Speaker 2: How many people have My question would be, like a lot of tech, is this something I would continue to be interested in? Or would I be interested in it for like a week or two like the latest VR headset and then it goes in a drawer. I am actually kind of interested in my sleep patterns. I'd like I haven't. I don't really know how much sleep I get every night or every week. I'll make some good data. Here's your host from Final four, Final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the true wrap things up for the day. There is our technical director, Mike Langelo, Michael lead us Off.
Speaker 3: My message is very simple for Jack.
Speaker 5: Even though you you know, take your coat off like a lady, we still we still like you.
Speaker 3: You're still you know, we still look up to you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, wow, yeah, thank you the diversity of coat removal. Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought for us, Katie.
Speaker 2: I tried that sleep tech with the ring and it told me I slept like crap. And then I was like neat and that was pretty much dand neat. Thanks for the in for that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now I can't sleep at night because I'm worrying about how I sleep at night.
Speaker 3: Jack a final thought.
Speaker 2: We are seven days away from Trump's innauguration. They have announced the singer of America, the Beautiful will be Carrie Underfed, among other fantastic acts there at the inauguration.
Speaker 3: Oh, that reminds me. Robin Zander a cheap trick.
Speaker 1: Sang the national anthem for the which was one of the playoff games yesterday in Tampa Bay.
Speaker 3: Did a really good job too. Sounded completely not like cheap trick. He was crooning it.
Speaker 2: Humm.
Speaker 1: Anyway, my final thought it was our Freedom Living quote of the day this morning, Clay Routledge.
Speaker 3: She's a writer, economist or professor of some sort.
Speaker 1: We're living in an era of woke capitalism, in which companies pretend about to care about social justice to sell products to people who pretend to hate capitalism.
Speaker 2: That is good Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, so.
Speaker 1: Many people who thanks so a little time. Go to Armstrong and Getty dot com. You can pick up some amng swag, drop us a note to grab the podcast.
Speaker 2: Say tomorrow, God but less America.
Speaker 3: I'm Strong and gattate.
Speaker 2: Mash Maid and Heaving. The two get together every morning at six o'clock over a ton of stuff.
Speaker 3: We're all better off, we're all better off, we're all better off. We're working together. What the hell was that? That was quite entertaining for no Joe.
Speaker 2: It's outrageous and so good, says I'm Garnet. Call my lawyer, Garnet. This is not the time, finger pointing, Joe, Yes it is.
Speaker 3: It's perfect time. Okay, So everybody chill.
Speaker 2: On that high note. Bye bye, Armstrong and Getty