Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: We have won because New Yorkers have stood up for a city they can afford, a city where they can do more than just struggle.
Speaker 1: And it's where the mayor will use their power.
Speaker 4: To reject Donald Trump's fascism, to stop mass ice agents from deporting our neighbors, and to govern our city.
Speaker 3: As a model for the Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Get used to him, and Donnie. He is going to be the mayor of New York.
Speaker 5: Barring some really seismic something or other, he is going to be the mayor of New York. And he is good. He is only thirty three years old. He's in the in the long history of super wealthy socialists, the capitalist.
Speaker 1: System was horrible for others.
Speaker 2: But not you, apparently you and your wife.
Speaker 1: Well, he's never had to do the things it takes to be successful in America. He was born to it. He was gifted it. So he doesn't understand why everybody isn't it just gifted everything they want.
Speaker 5: It's surprising how many big time socialist leaders don't come out of the working class anywhay, he Trump tweeted out yesterday after the surprise win of Mumdannie, who was like way behind in the polls just a couple of weeks ago. It was a it was a bad, bad little run for polling. It would seem there in New York. Or he closed really hard because Andrew Cuomo ran such a horrible campaign. Anyway, it doesn't really make any difference, Trump truthed out yesterday.
Speaker 1: He looks terrible, terrible knoll caps. He looks terrible. He doesn't he he looks. He's a really handsome young man.
Speaker 2: Trump. His voice is grating.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 2: He's not very smart.
Speaker 5: He's got the same political cajunists you have for one thing, AOC plus three dummies all backing him, and even our great Palestinian senator, even our great Palestinian senator crying.
Speaker 2: Chuck Schumer is groveling over him.
Speaker 5: Eric Adams, the current mayor of New York, who will be running against Zoran Mumdani as an independent, called him a snake oil salesman yesterday.
Speaker 2: But this Mandami dude.
Speaker 5: Who, as I mentioned earlier, he and his wife had a lavish like we're movie stars wedding in Dubai a few years back, and that's not very socialism, I don't think, But anyway.
Speaker 2: That's his deal.
Speaker 5: I was watching Mark Halpern's podcast yesterday and he said, the mainstream media.
Speaker 1: Did a horrible job of.
Speaker 5: Giving you any information about this guy, and all that's gonna come out between now and election day. Though Mark Halpern believes like most everybody does, there's no stopping it now. I mean, he won the Democratic nomination and there are no Republicans or Independence with the heft or the time to derail him.
Speaker 1: So there is a desperate search for said unicorn going on right now. I guarantee you there is so much money at stake.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there is, but that person should have emerged earlier. Tremendous amount of oppo research, according to Mark Halprin that is laying out there that nobody's used yet, some of the papers this guy wrote in college, or things that he's said or done when he was younger and less, you know, trying to be mainstream.
Speaker 2: That he is as a thirty three year old.
Speaker 5: I do want to hear what twenty two year old him had to say about the United States of America and a variety of different things.
Speaker 2: But he's still gonna end up mayor of New York.
Speaker 1: Greg Hipp, the Great housing market writer for The Wall Street Journal, is headline today is New Yorker's vote to make their housing shortage worse, and he contrasts New York with Austin. How Austin saw a housing crisis and enlarged supply. New York through some dan he's going to do the opposite. They are going to severely constrict supply to keep prices down.
Speaker 5: I would like to know how much of his popularity was his policies too much if no matter how much it was, it was too much for my taste, and.
Speaker 2: How much of it was his.
Speaker 5: Vibe and approach to politics, which we'll get into here in just a little bit. It's very similar to Trump's. But a little breakdown on this dude. His dad is a Columbia University professor of anthropology, political science, and African studies.
Speaker 2: What does that sound like?
Speaker 5: While the candidate's mother is an Oscar nominated filmmaker, so he comes from a family of filmmakers and Colombia African Studies professors.
Speaker 1: The family of education and entertainment.
Speaker 5: The family moved to the Upper West Side from Uganda. Upper West Side is where all poor, hardworking socialist people end up from Uganda while growing up, but paid little in rent because they were set up in the Columbia housing situation.
Speaker 2: So they got there and lived on that.
Speaker 5: And Mamdani himself graduated from Bodwin College in Maine.
Speaker 2: Has worked for.
Speaker 5: Advocacy groups and nonprofits, like not really earning a salary or you know, there's no measure of whether you accomplished anything, kind of like the whole Obama Community Organizer thing.
Speaker 2: Was also a music.
Speaker 5: Supervisor brief for a Hollywood film directed by his mother, which is nothing, and a short stint as a rapper. That's his entire back ground in the working very Carl Marx, Yeah, it really is.
Speaker 2: Basically did nothing.
Speaker 1: Although where'd family money come from? Because I mean the wedding you're talking about, that's crazy money. You know.
Speaker 5: I didn't even get a breakdown on actually where the money came from.
Speaker 1: I mean, because an academic, you know, higher placed academic, that's a solid salary. And I've never heard of this woman. I suppose she might have a couple of victories in the movie business, but I've not heard anything about that where they get all that money.
Speaker 2: I know his wife is successful. Also, they met on Hinge, so good for him.
Speaker 1: She's an illustrator, yeah, offer illustrator something.
Speaker 5: She's some sort of artist person also. Anyway, this is the stuff that I thought was interesting from the Wide World of News newsletter today written by Mark Alprin about the similarities between Trump and Mam Donnie and I actually thought about this yesterday as I.
Speaker 2: Was watching him for the first time.
Speaker 5: I'd heard that he was good on the campaign trail, but his various tiktoks and speeches and like he'd walk out with a microphone and interview you know, people making sandwiches and that sort of stuff, and he's really good at that sort of thing. Both men possess a post modern flare. They wink at the camera, they know they are in a show, and they invite you to know it too, which is interesting. I remember hearing this about Letterman years ago. Norm MacDonald, the community the comedian, talked about when he finally understood Letterman, when he realized that, like you, the guest were the bit and Letterman and the audience were in on the whole thing, and you were like the foil, and every guest was and that's why Letterman Show was so different than everything. And I think that is exactly the postmodern thing that Trump and this Mom Donnie character have done.
Speaker 2: It's like, you mean, the voters, You and I are kind.
Speaker 5: Of in on it, and we're like kind of making fun of everybody else, which is an interesting trick to pull off and healthy helping of I speak your language, I get your references.
Speaker 1: I am of you, whether it's the Heartland, which is really amazing for a born to wealth New York real estate developer, or this guy. I've seen some of the social media stuff man, and it is straight out of like top level TikTok influencer stuff. Yeah, his sense of irony and hipness. And it's the way he handles the camera and everything. He knows the language he ought to be speaking. And that's you know, that's part of the connection with the young. Plus you can get them to fall for idiotic policies that will never work and never have.
Speaker 5: But and Helpern goes through how Trump, you know, being a TV star, understood all that, and Mom Donnie, for whatever reason, you know, coming from a Hollywood filmmaker background or whatever understands the modern world and modern med Also, Mamdani, like Trump, wears his ideology on his sleeve, sometimes literally in this case, in the form of branded jackets or tax the rich merch but never lets you forget he's in on the metajoke of modern politics, which is a Trump thing. Also, this is all just a phony joke, and they're all screwing you.
Speaker 2: But I'm on.
Speaker 1: Your side, right that whole deal. Both break the fourth wall. Trump would call.
Speaker 5: Into cable news shows unannounced, altering the news cycle on a whim. Mamdani records Instagram videos directly addressing his constituents with all the production values of well funded college activist groups, and yet they work because he, liked Trump, knows that message discipline in the twenty first century means being the message yourself, living on social media and in real life in synchronism tandem with you, so your message and you you live your message every single day. Critics scoff at this for both of them. They call it unserious or narcissistic or both. But we are living in the age on authenticity as performance. Neither man hides the fact that he is selling something, but they are good at it, and that in today's media ecosystem is more powerful than one hundred endorsements from one hundred editorial boards that nobody ever.
Speaker 1: Reads, which I think is interesting too.
Speaker 5: You are the message, you are winking at people. They are in on your joke that you've got going. In a way that you look at other politicians. Postmodernism is hard for me to wrap my head around. But when I see somebody that's got the new thing, like Trump and this guy, all the other politicians, they look like they're from a hundred years ago in the way that they handle their messaging and trying to relate to audiences.
Speaker 1: That's such a great point though, and intriguing that the way you establish authenticity is to admit you're not being authentic. Yes, yes, exactly. I know he's not trying to job me because he admitted to me that this is all a show. Okay, Yeah. I always use the example of.
Speaker 5: Trump going to the big Harley thing with all the Harley riders, and every politician had always thrown on a leather vest and ridden on a motorcycle or ridden on the back of a motorcycle. If they didn't know how to ride a motorcycle and warn the garb and tried to pretend they're one of them. Trump shows up in a limo in his suit and says he doesn't like motorcycles, and the crowd goes wild because he's authentically inauthentic.
Speaker 1: Right right now. I'm just here for the votes, everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But for whatever reason, that worked, And Mom, Donnie's got a big slice of that too. And one more thing on this before before we let it go when he take a break.
Speaker 1: Is he hates the Jews. Oh nope, something different, Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I think he is a socialist and I think he does hate the Jews. So he got that crowd from that standpoint. But I also think he got a big chunk of like the way Trump does of I do things that everybody tells you you're not supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Everybody tells you you can't say this. I said it. Trump does that all the time, and Mom, Duddie, they're gonna try to tell me I can't say a globalized INTIFA.
Speaker 2: To screw them, I can say whatever I want. People love that from there.
Speaker 5: The person they're gonna vote for now, nobody's gonna tell me I can't say this. Trump has done it on a variety of topics, and this guy did it too, And I think people that's with the enthusiasm for him. He's from another country, so he can't be president of the United States, but he could be a major player mayor of New York gets a lot of attention, and the Democratic Party is gonna have to deal with him because he's gonna have such a you know, a prominent position.
Speaker 2: How they're gonna do that, I do not know.
Speaker 1: Trying to find that quote from that email about uh ker kergarden freud perverse. Will people will do. They'll embrace that sort of even if it is self damaging.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll look into that. It's interesting. We'll be following this for quite some time. I'm sure more on the way stay here. Actor Orlando Bloom and singer Katie Perry have broken up after a six year engagement. That's a long time to be engaged getting married anyway. I'll bet he couldn't handle being married, or now that she's an astronaut, she couldn't handle being married to a non astronaut.
Speaker 1: I'll bet that's right. Being gone for hours at a time on her Space missions oh yeah.
Speaker 5: No place to raise your kids. The Atlantic with a piece about the movie Jaws on its fifty year anniversary and what it meant about class struggle is being mocked by some of my favorite people in a hilarious way.
Speaker 2: So I hope you can stay tuned for that.
Speaker 1: Excellent I'm so excited about that. Holy cow, we have almost there's no time. All right, here's Neil. Nobody's talking about the big beautiful Bill because some of the geopolitical stuff that's going on right now, it's got all sorts of stuff wrong with it, but it's got all sorts of stuff right with it too, and those who profit from what they're trying to fix are going to come out hardcore against it. And I just think it might be at the point where it's some horrifying sausage making, but it's the best sausage we're gonna get. One of the things they're going to get rid of is this giant, incredibly expensive medicare scam. And I think this is a good summary of how it works. And if your eyes start to close gloss over, that's the point. That's how they keep getting away with it. So in the eighties, States came up with this government sanctioned racket of Medicare provider taxes. The idea was to get more federal Medicaid matching funds and therefore spend less from there general tax revenue. We'll get the Feds to pay for our citizens' healthcare costs. So that has enabled states to expand benefits and greatly diminish the incentives to operate efficiently, meaning to squeeze your tax dollars best they can. So here's how it works, and this is a good summary. Keep your eyes unglossed. States assess taxes on healthcare providers, mostly hospitals. They tax the hospitals, they channel that tax revenue back into their Medicaid program and spend it, which draws more federal money. For every dollar the state's spend on Medicaid, they get one to three dollars back from the Feds, and nine dollars for every dollar for able bodied individuals covered under Obama Care. Ooh, which Craig, the healthcare guru, warned us about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like these incentives.
Speaker 1: So what about those poor hospitals getting tax this money? No problem. They then receive more in Medicaid payments. Then they pay in the provider taxes. The states make sure a good chunk of revenue is routed back to the hospitals so they're made whole plus more money. And in nineteen ninety one, George H. W cracked down on this. Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer voted for it. Long story short, but the states and the big government to Democrats have found ways to get around that, especially through Medicare that effort at reform. So the big beautiful bill is going to really crack down on this stuff. You are going to hear screeching like half of Congress is being murdered in the streets about how this measure is going to deny people their Medicare and their healthcare and children are going to die of the common cold and the rest of it. That's because the hospital lobby and the healthcare lobbies are spending so much money to kill this. Just be aware of what's happening, because it's about to start in earnest. It was the movie Jaws and allegory about class divisions in America. Of course, it's about a big fish botton people.
Speaker 2: Of course it freaking wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 5: Put The Atlantic claims it was, and people are mocking that, so stay tuned for that. On the fiftieth anniversary of Jaws.
Speaker 1: Coming up Armstrong and Getty slowly, Pitch, I can go slowly. It's come on down and chump some edition.
Speaker 2: You gotta need a bigger proach. Terrifying.
Speaker 5: The movie Jaws came out fifty years ago this summer, horrifying swimmers all around the world and hoping to God that as you bobbed around in the ocean you did not hear a cello.
Speaker 2: All right, bought them, bought them, but it Oh, so this is funny.
Speaker 5: This reminds me of our friend James Lindsay when he and his friends did the Grievance papers. They put out these fake studies. They're incredibly over the top and ridiculous, but you couldn't tell them for the real thing from the real thing, because the real thing is over the top and ridiculous.
Speaker 2: To that point, I'm going to do a mock one. I could switch the mock one.
Speaker 5: With the Atlantic piece and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. But the Atlantic has a piece out today. The film Jaws came out fifty years ago this month. It portrays Clash divisions differently from the novel that inspired it, in ways it anticipated a fight that has arguably defined American politics since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: What Jaws got wrong is the title.
Speaker 1: I thought it was about to fish bite and peeple.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It was about a scary shark biting people, and it made people think, oh my god, that could happen to me. The ocean and the end and they catch the shark and it's a bloody finale and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: There's nothing else to it but that. That's it. That's the whole thing.
Speaker 5: And it's hilarious that the Atlantic is turning it into some sort of class division and a commentary on today's politics. It anticipated today's politics or whatever the crap. Anyway, Noah Roffman of The National Review decided to.
Speaker 2: Write in that style, mocking it. Basically. Charles C. W.
Speaker 5: Cook, who Joe and I both really like, responded to Noah's peace by saying, I am in awe.
Speaker 2: Let me read a little bit from it.
Speaker 5: The character Quint, that's the guy we just heard from, the guy who owns the boat that says we're in need a bigger boat. He's the salty old dude.
Speaker 1: The character quint represents the suppressed male id, which struggles against structural and metasocial taboos, prescribing the full expression of the archetypical masculine ethos.
Speaker 2: He is consumed by the sleek.
Speaker 5: White metaphor of sexual equality, against which which he rages.
Speaker 2: Until the last minute he bids farewell and ado, not.
Speaker 1: To those Spanish ladies, but to the shackles of conventional gender roles. Exactly what I thought, That's what I took from it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I watched the Shark movie. I mean, this is no more over the top than the Atlantic piece. Really, the drive to open the beaches by the fourth of July is a classic expression of American jingoism and the blood spilled over his rote commitment to commercialism as an unremarkable feature of the rapacious capitalist enterprise.
Speaker 1: I find that sort of.
Speaker 5: Thing hilarious, and that it is so not even this much different from the actual pieces.
Speaker 1: Some of these crazy people write about this stuff right right, so easy to bamboozle them if you know the language to throw around.
Speaker 5: Noah Rothman actually said at the end of he said, this is really fun. No wonder so many people do it for.
Speaker 2: A living.
Speaker 5: One more jaws, A portrayal of the monstrous, menacing, and potentially violent other foreign, indeed alien. It haunts its pursuers, dominates their conscience, and is subject to abuses and indignities until it meets out the righteous vengeance of accumulated transgenerational memory. The Shark is the global South, the black and brown diaspora of the bun Dung Revolution, whatever the hell that means. And I'll just give you one more that I like Martin Brody. Who is is?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: The uh oh Brody is the police chief right.
Speaker 5: Okay, the weak and crumbling edifice of the post war consensus, exhausted and plagued by indecision. He serves as our link to the fraying social order of the past. His triumph is pirate. I mean, it wasn't worth it. Perched atop a sinking ship, dealt a mortal blow by the rising vanguard of the subjugated and militant, His reprieve from the oppressor's fate will be short lived.
Speaker 1: The Atlantic pea is great. The Atlantic piece that I read is so not much different than that. Yeah, And it's just who dude are?
Speaker 5: It gets to the previous conversation of like Trump and this man, this New York mayor dude whatever his name is being in on the joke.
Speaker 1: Is the Atlantic in on the joke?
Speaker 2: Do they know it's a joke.
Speaker 5: And they're writing it for their readers who think it's a joke, or they all taking it seriously?
Speaker 2: This crap.
Speaker 1: No, you know it crystallized in my head. But in the same way that if you want to like get the tension, or sell practically anything to a twenty three year old male, at least in the past, appeal to sexual desire and they'll just buy anything. And to women it's you'll be beautiful and desirable and people will like you. They will freaking buy anything. Appeal to the intellectual vanity of a certain crowd, and it's it's mostly on the left. You if you make them believe believing this makes you better and smarter than everybody else, they will believe freaking anything, no matter how laughable it is. Lendsy and pluck Rose and Bogosian with their experiment you mentioned the infamous the Grievance study papers. I mean, they are the best example ever of that. You could not make it so stupid that the intellectual vanity of these people wouldn't make them lap it up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Atlantic piece is actually about the different political orientations of the book versus the movie, and how the movie got it wrong in portraying class distinctions as.
Speaker 2: Opposed to the book.
Speaker 5: Nobody watched the movie and came away from it thinking about class distinctions at all.
Speaker 2: It didn't get them wrong. It didn't get them at all. It's a it's a horror film.
Speaker 1: It's just a short close the beaches, or don't we there's tremendous money at stake. That's just a really good subplot, sure, exactly. And whether it's a guy in a hockey mask coming on campers with an axe or a shark in the water, that's what it is. It's got nothing to do with class.
Speaker 2: Distinctions or any of this other crap.
Speaker 5: And it didn't foresee our politics fifty years later.
Speaker 2: What is wrong with you people?
Speaker 1: If you were to read more of the Atlantic one and then give us all an hour to go about our lives, I think it would be impossible for each of us to remember which one was the parody and which one was realized. Is your point, obviously, But yeah, what a bunch of mumbo jumbo. There are some ideas so ridiculous only an intellectual would believe them. Thomas Sowell. I'm paraphrasing.
Speaker 5: And talking about the Brody is a recent transplant from New York City. This is from the Atlantic, the actual piece. Brody the character.
Speaker 2: You should have just.
Speaker 1: Read it and asked us which one was. They just guess.
Speaker 5: Brody, the character in the movie, is a recent trans plant from New York City in the film, living a seemingly idyllic life, and Amity went a home with a home on the water, although he is not college educated.
Speaker 1: What the hell's it got to do with any.
Speaker 2: And did anybody even know that?
Speaker 5: His primary virtue is that he defers to people who are and he becomes a foil for Amity's working people, who in the film are portrayed as unpleasant or obtused and at best well meaning but shortsighted.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: That was what I said. I walked out of Jaws and I said, you know what, honey, the working people are so obtuse in that movie. I couldn't enjoy it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if you ever go to Universal, and we've probably most have us done that. If you've ever been to Universal Studios in Los Angeles and the old Jaws shark comes out of the water and you go, ah to.
Speaker 2: Gets you kind of wet.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what you think.
Speaker 5: The obtuseness of the working class, that's what you're thinking about.
Speaker 1: Wow, just you know what, you peep a fine, do what you I just don't want you in charge of anything.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I used to think that too. I don't want you to exist, doll. Or you need to be in a camp or okay, fine, you can live your free life is in camp, but you don't get to be in college teaching kids this crap and convincing him it's true, because that is a problem for me.
Speaker 1: So true. Yeah wow, speaking of delusion, Wow wow, I mean, it just blows my mind that you watched the Shark movie.
Speaker 2: That's what you came away with.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's a great example of if you spend your all of your time looking for something, you will find it well, whether authentically or not. It's like the race obsession crowd that sees everything through the lens of race. Well, yeah, they'll cook up you know. Examples both real and imagine where people have racial feelings that aren't very pretty, but if you don't spend all your time looking for them, like plenty of black and brown and pink people all over the world, it's just not worried about it. Life is fine. I just in my mind conflated the two I was thinking. I was about to say in the the the example of the shark as the other representing the brown and black.
Speaker 2: No, that was Noah's thing, right.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah. Did you ever have a college class like this?
Speaker 5: This was hot, like for our age, subliminal message in advertising and how they're doing it all the time. And I remember the college professor putting up a can of coke with the water droplets on it and saying, you see how this water droplet is clearly a woman's body, and this one is It's no, they're just water droplet's. It's like staring at clouds and you can think they or anything. There's no subliminal anything going on here. It's just you're making this all up. This is crap.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, just sound confident and people will buy it, particularly if you're you know, within the ivied walls of a university, and if you're angel old youngsters. They don't know better.
Speaker 5: Combined with I just need to remember this because you're going to ask me about it on the test.
Speaker 1: So, okay, have you heard of the four Am Club?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: This is not getting a fraction of the coverage it should. It is the QAnon of the left, Okay, but the press isn't writing about it because they know it makes lefties sound wacky. But it's way out there.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna tell us about it coming up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, okay, because I'm interested in that.
Speaker 5: I wonder where it comes from too, because Q was supposedly a guy like deep in intelligence.
Speaker 1: Still this government, Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: I know somebody who's currently Q and on.
Speaker 1: So some diehards are still hanging with that obvious fraud.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, we got a lot on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 6: A new Amber alert in Idaho in urgent search at this hour for two teenagers, a brother and a sister. Authorities are looking for thirteen year old Alan Fisher and his sister, fifteen year old Rachel. Their mother, Elizabeth Rowndie, says someone hauled her teens away in a car outside a store in Monfieu. At least say someone might be taking those teams to an FLDS group religious group in Utah. They are looking for a grey Honda or Hondai, a Saddan with Utah plate.
Speaker 1: So some sort of cult kidnapping working. The teens disappeared by cults in a sedan desk, Katie Green, What's going on here, Katie?
Speaker 7: Well, So David Muir left all of the details.
Speaker 1: I know when I saw that story. I saw that story last night. I thought, this leaves like five obvious questions, you idiot. Yeah.
Speaker 8: So these two teenagers, the thirteen and the fifteen year old there, brother and sister, they get reported missing out of Idaho.
Speaker 7: What David Muir left out.
Speaker 8: Is they think that they've been picked up by their older sister who went missing back in twenty twenty two. Now this family had escaped an FLDS religious cult in Utah.
Speaker 1: What is that stand for again?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 7: Something like Saints.
Speaker 1: You're like your splinter Mormon group, Yeah, okay, fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints Okay, all right.
Speaker 7: And they were.
Speaker 8: Part of this cult in Utah that was intense. And so the mom took the kids and moved to Idaho and they ate the daughter once she turned eighteen, took back off and went back.
Speaker 7: To the religious cult in Utah.
Speaker 5: And so what she'd been in it so long, she got fully indoctrinated in right.
Speaker 7: And she totally brainwashed.
Speaker 8: And so what they're thinking is that the older sister came back and got her two younger siblings and then took them back to the cult.
Speaker 2: Thinking she's doing them a favor.
Speaker 1: Right, probably. So, yeah, which is why every radical political movement seeks to indoctrinate children. It's critical to their success. That's what's happening in your government schools right now, folks. Anyway, I hate to be a Captain Apocalypse all the time, but if you don't study political movements through history, you don't see the framework of why they're doing this and why they're teaching all this crap in schools. I mean, your kids can't read and write, they can't do math, but they're being taught about radical genders. That seems weird. Well, it's a deliberate plan.
Speaker 5: And the psychology we've all learned now that whatever, when you learn something, the first thing you learn is very hard to shake, like really hard to shake even in like in the face of all kinds of evidence that what you learned first was wrong.
Speaker 2: It's really hard if the person.
Speaker 1: Who told you the first thing comes back and says, I was mistaken, that is wrong. Here is what's right. Your brain will cling to the first thing.
Speaker 2: It's troubling.
Speaker 7: It's just got a little more sick.
Speaker 8: The FLDS is the Mormon fundamentalist group where members practice.
Speaker 7: Polygamy okay here, which.
Speaker 8: Is prohibited obviously in the traditional Mormon.
Speaker 1: The legend good grief.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of a change of topic. Are we headed to world toward word that went poorly? Is world War three? You gonna break out? Not? According to Gea Prism, a self proclaimed psychic and founder of Mood, that's the closest thing the left has to QAnon. It's called the four Am Club.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's not about getting up before the sun to get a good run in or melt the gout of the gym, or to even pray or study the Bible. It's a confederation of quote unquote spiritually inclined women who all claim to have woken up suddenly around four am on November sixth, What that's Election day with a sinking feeling that Donald Trump had won the election. Checking their phones. Their feminine intuitions were confirmed, except that they don't really believe he won. Hang in now, the four Am clubbers believe that we really are living in an alternate reality where Trump is president. At four am on November sixth last year, that's when the timelines split, and it's only a matter of time before we all realize it and get back on the correct timeline where Trump failed and Kamala Harris took a rightful place as chief executive.
Speaker 5: They watch too much Loki, so you need the Time Variants Police to show up and fix this whole thing.
Speaker 1: Or the Waki hot Dog Finger movie with all those parallel universes. Right, yeah, said one member who posts on TikTok quote. I have been steadfast, so rock solid in my belief that she won, and it was only a matter of time before we all got onto that timeline. My friends have looked at me like I'm crazy and told me I'm delusional because you wonder why, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You're crazy, and delusionals the reason.
Speaker 1: But then, and this is why I'm sorry for the inconvenience, We must unplug the Internet. Then she found the others just like her, those of us in the four Am Club viscerally experienced that timeline split. This is the vision, this is the light that we have been holding. Another four am are explained. There are hundreds of videos with millions of views on four AM Club, videos on TikTok, and additional chatter on left wing Reddit, and they're pop scularity is only grown. A lot of them are made by self proclaimed which is mystics, mediums, clairvoyance, intuitives and the like.
Speaker 2: Well, my whole theory on this, and I don't probably not my theory. I probably read it somewhere. It's probably obvious.
Speaker 5: Uh as we now live in this world where you don't have the slightest idea what's true or not. As our old producer Sean used to say, every news story comes as a homework assignment. You now have to you hear a news story you're interested in, and you now got to do the research to try to figure out if it's real or not, or how much bitter's real. Living in that world has made us all super susceptible to or want to cling to some solid piece of something, and it's made this sort of thing a lot easier to get going.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Well, and you combine that with what I've discussed several times, which is that in the old world, if you had a hair brained idea, you would try it out in your friend group, you'r commune, your workplace, whatever, and you would get a lot of your out of your freaking mind and realize, oh, that's a hair brained idea. Now you go to the Internet and you can find ten or one thousand or a million people who say your hair brained idea about sex with children or neo Nazism or whatever. They will tell you that's a great idea.
Speaker 5: All right, four Am Club, knock yourself out. If you missed a segment or an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 6: More on the way Armstrong and Getty