Speaker 1: To teas in a pod which Teddy Mellencamp and camera Judge. Hi, guys, welcome to Twart's flashback with myself, Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 2: And Tamra Judge taking it way back, way way back to where people are unrecognizable.
Speaker 1: Well, and also behaviors are unrecognizable because nobody, which I've realized now with Orange County and Beverly Hills, when we go back this far of time, people aren't self producing at this point. Yeah, live in their lives.
Speaker 2: Very little glam guy tops and true religions were in style back then.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is how they look in their confessionals, the way I look right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Me, and well, actually.
Speaker 1: You look your hair has less frids than a lot of the confessionals that I saw in this episode.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're just gonna get right into it. This is the third episode and the fourth episode of season one of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. This episode is called Plenty of Baggage. The air date October twenty eighth, twenty ten. I love that we have a synopsis. A synopsis of this episode. Adrian invites the women and their partners to a jay Z concert at her Las Vegas casino. Again.
Speaker 2: Again, they go to Vegas again two weeks in a row.
Speaker 1: Well, it starts off with Camille playing tennis with her friend Nick. When Kelsey is gone, Camille likes to hang out with her guy friends. She and Nick are flirty, but it is all friendly and Kelsey is fine with him.
Speaker 2: Miss Kelsey doesn't want her.
Speaker 1: But do you believe this was just harmless flirtato. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think that she was into Kelsey either.
Speaker 1: Well, I also wonder if there was maybe more than tennis being played at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of balls played with and they weren't the tennis type.
Speaker 1: They weren't yellow. I mean, would your.
Speaker 2: Husband be okay with you flirting and talking with somebody like that young hot guy?
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't even imagine flirting and talking like that with somebody. We just in general, like I just don't even put it on TV, put it on TV in my house that I share with my husband and my kids. But also like I'm such a bad flirt I can't even if.
Speaker 2: I can imagine flirting, I can't even imagine it.
Speaker 1: I'm more of like I will just nag somebody. I think I.
Speaker 2: Will say, after watching these next two episodes, even though the Camille is a polarizing housewife, I could see why she was most hated.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: It's really I mean, she gives Heather to grow a run for her money with the bragging and.
Speaker 1: She and the voice like Heather's voice, doesn't. I mean, granted, I have a guys, anytime I say something that's somewhat oh.
Speaker 2: You're what about?
Speaker 1: I got to get rest. And I understand that my voice is one of the world's worst voices. So I know voices.
Speaker 2: Those are singer voices. Anybody that can sing like you can have those kind of rough voices.
Speaker 1: I love that you said as if I'm like, you know, on tour right now with Tailor her opening act.
Speaker 2: Teddy Millingham on tour.
Speaker 1: What's just a little song to twat? Okay? So, either way, do we think Kelsey's actually good friends with Nick? No?
Speaker 2: Okay, I just want to I don't think Kelsey care is either.
Speaker 1: Then Lisa invites the group to Villa Blanca, May Villa Blanca, rest in peace.
Speaker 2: And pomp Right was those the two?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean they had a long run. I didn't realize they were open that long? Was that ten to twelve years each?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you have to remember, like we haven't gotten to it yet obviously, But Sheena worked at Villa Blanca and that's how that whole entire crossover and vander prop Rules started because once Brandy came on Beverly Hills, then Lisa brought Sheena to serve at one of their events and the baby was born. And the baby was born because there was a lot of drama involving Eddie Cibrian, et cetera, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But was that on early days of vander Pump the.
Speaker 1: Eddie and I don't. I don't think Eddie was ever on either.
Speaker 2: Of it, but there was shatter about it.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, well, at first the drama started on Beverly Hills and then that's how the spin off was formed. But either way that Kim shared that she has a date tonight and Kyle says she is better off choosing Kim's new husband.
Speaker 2: Every time she opens her mouth, she's like, mahack. I mean, I kind of miss old Kyle that was caddy and shady because she's not really like that anymore. I feel like she has softened over the years.
Speaker 1: God forbid, somebody evolve.
Speaker 2: I know you don't look it up for housewives. I like my housewives, Caddy and Shady.
Speaker 1: Camille says it's going to be difficult to be a single mom. While Kelsey is away, Kyle sarcastically says, it must be so hard with four nanny it's so.
Speaker 2: Hard, so hard, I couldn't even imagine. I don't know if it's this episode of the next month, but when she's sitting there planning her Hawaii trip and she's like my house manager, and I'm like, I wanted to punch my screen.
Speaker 1: Well, I also wanted to punch myself because I catch myself sometimes acting as if things are really difficult that aren't difficult. Like I'll be like, oh, it's not in my calendar. I didn't see it. And then Katie, who works for me, is like, Teddy, you're looking at the wrong day.
Speaker 2: Like you got a rough life there, Teddy, you really do.
Speaker 1: Like I put it in your calendar. You're looking at next Tuesday. You're on this current Dude.
Speaker 2: You're on the wrong month.
Speaker 1: Teddy, Like, get it together. I know you want to be a be outre right now, and think that I forgot something but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Well, when you start talking about your house managers, when I'm gonna have to call you out.
Speaker 1: No, I wish I had a house manager though, because Edwin is so such a lunatic when it comes to house maintenance.
Speaker 2: I know every time there there's somebody painting something, like.
Speaker 1: If there's one scuff he noticed that someone came up with a suitcase and it like hit the edge. I would too, you know what, guys, just let me live, let me bomb in staircases. The most interesting part is how the times have changed, Like could you imagine Camille getting away with announcing she has a kid with flu at home?
Speaker 2: Like hope you would get bashed? And how dare you be out when your child has flu? Between that and the amount of air kissing that goes on in the show I want to do side to side, it's like, oh.
Speaker 1: Well, I do think somebody should let a person know prior to going in for like a one kiss, if it's going to be one or two. Because the amount of times I've had awkward like no I knowing that I do that for a second.
Speaker 2: I did that with a male friend that is actually from South Africa. So he went to and I guess it's very normal to kiss on both sides. So he kissed on one side and then he went to kiss on this side, and I moved and he kiss me.
Speaker 1: On the lips.
Speaker 2: So it's a cultural thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I understand what I need, But the problem.
Speaker 2: Is I want to kissing me at all.
Speaker 1: How about that? But once one person does it, then everybody feels the need to go in for two. Like I wouldn't assume that Taylor was going to come in for two.
Speaker 2: I got a lot to say about Taylor in this episode.
Speaker 1: Oh me too, me too.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. But Paul bugging Adrian constantly. Everything he does annoys her. I could relate. It was like me with my ex husband. He would breathe and I'd be annoyed. But she's like, oh the snakers, that makes much noise.
Speaker 1: I love that she got on like her entercolm or whatever, and she's.
Speaker 2: Like pawn po. It's so it's so weird to see Paul in that role like he was, although I mean, he's a successful plastic surgeon, but she's so wealthy that he was like her little bitch.
Speaker 1: Well he just like well, also he dressed like Cruise, Like every time he's like in this little boy outfit, like just going to his mom, Like it's as if I've been yelling at Cruise for not doing his homework, reading and going on YouTube, and I'm like, uh, Like he walks and he's like, yeah, Mom, sorry, I didn't hear you or anything of that nature.
Speaker 2: Paul was very, very, very sad soul back then, really.
Speaker 1: But I had to die.
Speaker 2: Lisa had some of the best confessionals, I think. Would she say I heard from Taylor about Russell, that he's a big, sexy cowboy, and then in walks Russell.
Speaker 1: But even when Kyle asks how Russell and Taylor met, Yeah, and Russell jokes that his attorney called her eternity and wrote a prenup and blah blah blah, and then Taylor says, actually met in a restaurant waiting for a table. She saw him, and she knew she was going to be with him, and then Russell avoided her like the plague and she had to chase him for months. So my question is, did she see him in a restaurant and just know immediately he's rich and I want to be with him, or is this, Like, I don't suit, I don't how would one know?
Speaker 2: Maybe he pulled up in a Ferrari. I don't know. But Taylor packing for Russell, would you do you pack for Edwin?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't. I used to.
Speaker 1: Pack everything, but now he pulls out the clothes. I'm trying to justify my behavior. But now he pulls out the clothes. But then I like zip things up and whatever, mainly because he's so fricking slow that I can't take it. Like I pack a week in advance, he packs the morning of when we're.
Speaker 2: Like, he packs ten nights before we leave. It drives me crazy.
Speaker 1: But then the problem is Edwin's always right because he'll be like, we're not gonna need as much things as you packed, Like I just need a couple of bathing suits into this and that. And then I ended up with a suitcase half full of stuff I never wore, and he's worn the same thing the whole time.
Speaker 2: But I'm jealous, Like that's like in Big Bear, I have a whole walk in closet filled with clothes, just clothes it I don't normally wear sweats stuff like that. I just took him all over there, Edie has like three hanging things. That's it, and like and I'm like, he's like dinner time, I didn't have anything to wear. I go because you need a pack. You got to bring stuff and just leave it here.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I never have anything in Orange County either, because I don't like to leave it there. But then my next question is how long have to in Europe? Like do we know this answer? How long Tailor and Russell have been together prior? I don't. I do not know because the daughter's turning six four four four, right, that was a four year old's birthday party.
Speaker 2: Yes, with the diamonds and all that, that was ridiculous. They had to have been together maybe five or six years at that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, who knows. But then you know they go to the club in Vegas. Paul says he can see why Kelsey married Camille after seeing her dancing and jokingly sticks five dollars down her shirt. Okay, what would you have done if Eddie did that to one of your friends, not even friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Caspines, I'd kick him in the balls right there in front of everybody so everyone could see.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 2: First of all, it's like kind of cringey and yeah, totally disrespectful. You see Adrian just over there going really like you're so gross.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the way that Paul was acting, I was like, oh my gosh, she's the guy that wears sweatpants to the strip club. Oh he's yeah, you know this rule, right, I just I learned it recently what men wear sweatpants to strip clubs because it's either dinger. Yeah, they're dinger, can feel things more than jeans. Oh my god, was still wearing well then he seemed like all like wooh. But I do think in that moment, Camille handled it correctly. She's like cheap like at that moment, I still was okay with the way Camille was hand but you.
Speaker 2: Can tell when Meal's around or they made it look like that that she wants all the guys attention. She interacts with the guys more than she does the girls. In these next two episodes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, she says, I can't remember if it was Kyle that said it or Camille said it first, but she's a guy's girl, not a girl. She said it.
Speaker 2: I think she said it. She likes guys better than girls.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that I think it might be reversed, so you just had to take whichever one was going to come like y at that point. But what about when Adrian goes, I'm not one to show off slash. Also, Adrian, hop on my private jet and come look at the hotel I own with a suite that has the basketball court in it. And then let's go dancing at my club.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Well then we get to the nightclub and the dancing, and we start to see Camille saying she doesn't drink. Then they go to the pool the next day.
Speaker 2: Is she drinking? Did do we notice if she drinks or not?
Speaker 1: Well? I have never been around, to my knowledge, Camille drunk or anything like that, and I can't I'm not sure I can say that about any other housewives.
Speaker 2: She does have a bang and body. Yeah, well she knows that she looks good in her bikini, and we saw her a few times. But let me ask you from one to ten, Yeah, it's rt uh, Camille's dancing and Taylor's dancing.
Speaker 1: This is Taylor. Honestly, Taylor, I wouldn't even want to dance. It was like us trying to do the same moves that Erica did. I bet at all on Blonde, the beat beat too too. Yeah, I don't really feel like we can call any of any of these things dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was pretty bad, but it wasn't Wasn't Camille a dancer?
Speaker 1: Yes, Camille was a dancer. I think that's how like I think. I think that was the initial attraction. Here's the thing. I want you to show me your best dance move right now. I was gonna say, I was about to be like, that's it, That's all I got, even though you realize tonight I have to perform a choreographed dance with my family because the rules of this fantasy football league that Cruise and Edwin are in is if you lose from the year before, you have to come and dance in front of the twelve other families. And they lost this year, so it means that our entire family now has to be punished for them being losers.
Speaker 2: Did you hire a choreographer to teach you?
Speaker 1: I just hired Camille.
Speaker 2: You should that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: No, the last time I saw Camille was awkward enough. That was negative.
Speaker 2: Well, did you like the way that wrestle dance? Because corning to Taylor, he didn't even dance at her wedding, at their wedding, but yet he was dancing there.
Speaker 1: I didn't even notice. I really didn't even notice as much. Yeah, I assume it was probably as good as our dancing just was. But then we get to the pool where the shocking turn of events. Russell isn't there because he's going to Phoenix. But then he comes back in Phoenix and he doesn't really seem like he's in Phoenix. Who knows. But Kyle says to LVP, we should push Camille in the pool, and LVP says, that's a great idea. As long as you do it. This may be our first glimpse into what's to come on the show. That line right there. Yeah, LVP saying that's shady. Well no, but LVP saying, that's a great idea, as long as you're the one to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she didn't want to do it. She ain't getting her hands dirty.
Speaker 1: I don't think much has changed in that way, But.
Speaker 2: Nick's showing up in Vegas a one hundred percent. They were sleeping together in the amount of why I sell tribute heels that I saw on this episode, between Kyle packing them and Camille wearing them and somebody else wearing them. I'm like, I still have mine?
Speaker 1: Are they the ones that I always to you hate? You hate?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I never heard.
Speaker 2: I wore them one time because I had a broken foot, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, I don't like the way that thickness looks. But everyone makes fun of my sandals that I wear all the time. But I'm sorry. Those shoes are worse.
Speaker 2: The tributes they're They're they're classic, they really are. But they're so comfortable. People have had them for like twenty years, like they've been around forever. They're so comfortable. I had to wear them in when I broke my toe. It's only heels I could wear on.
Speaker 1: Was happins live? But there is no way this is a surprise. No. But there was a lot of women doing their best to give their sexiest moves to the camera and it was a little off going for me to watch. But next, do you kiss anyone besides your husband or your kids on the lips? No?
Speaker 2: I try not to ever.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I guess like I tried not to.
Speaker 2: I try not to. I do have a friend that's a guy that likes to kiss on the lips eyes. No, he's married, everything European.
Speaker 1: Friend of ours, my friend too, my friend No, So I'm like, oh yours being yours and eddies like okay, yeah, no we're not a couple.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Taylor said, did you see Taylor reference to you and what what happens?
Speaker 1: Like? I did not? What did she say?
Speaker 2: Well, evidently Andy brought up So do you feel like your camera, you know, she dressed up like me was as bad as Tamra said it was? Could you have done better? And She's like, yes, it was horrible. I should have brought Teddy with me. That's pretty funny that actually us in.
Speaker 1: Workout clothes and sweats would have been pretty on point. Yep. Taylor's bum that Russell made her leave the night early because then they went back up to the suite. Kyle says, she would be so upset if Maritio did that to her. Russell's acting like Taylor's father. If you didn't know what happens with Taylor and Russell later, would this have been a red flag for you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He looked a bit controlling, And I know that because I was in a controlling relationship.
Speaker 1: Just the way like.
Speaker 2: She's like having fun, She's so even to this day, as you know, very seft spoken and just very okay okay, just goes with the flow. But like she said in her confessional, she didn't want to leave, Like they just got there. Why does she have to leave?
Speaker 1: But also there are situations where sometimes your significant other will know it's time for you to go or your.
Speaker 2: Plays for sure, if you were like super drunk or something like that, or you have to get up early in the morning. But you know one thing that really bugged me. Did you notice when Russell was playing pool with the guys? Tell me he was playing pool but listening to every word Taylor was saying across the room.
Speaker 1: So you're noticing all those things because you've had quite a controlling X Yep. Yeah, it's hard because as we're recapping this, you're seeing what a different type of show this was. Like Now everything is about like essentially everything's fluff compared to it.
Speaker 2: It's all polarized. It's all huge and over the top, and the it's not our clothes and the hair and the makeup and the trips we're going to take. Like is it the world has changed and that's really how people are living?
Speaker 1: Or is this just or is it the show has changed people.
Speaker 2: Well, the show definitely has changed people.
Speaker 1: But then Camille says Kyle asked her questions about Hawaii and she felt interrogated. Allegedly, Kyle said to her, why would anyone be interested in being with you without Kelsey there? Lisa thinks Camille may have misinterpreted it. Do you do you think Kyle was trying to say, why would cameras go with Camille alone to Hawaii?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 1: But did we even hear her say anything like this?
Speaker 2: I don't even I don't remember. First of all, what Camille said wasn't accurate and it was not on camera, but it just didn't make any sense, and I made Kamail just look petty, and even Kyle said, like, that's not what I said.
Speaker 1: That is not what I said. Yeah, she said, that's not what I said. And I I would assume other of the housewives at that point had wanted to go on trips alone and they were told no, And that's why if she said anything along those lines. But I don't think ever she would have said that. This is not her type to say, why would anybody hang out with you if your husband wasn't there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, asked Kamil being hyper sensitive because her marriage was on the rocks is what I believe.
Speaker 1: But being hyper sensitive, but she's like making out, kissing, doing all kinds of nonsense.
Speaker 2: This was way before they broke the fourth wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, way before it, So I.
Speaker 2: Don't I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know either, But I mean, I guess the best thing that we got from this episode was Tailor and the cotton candy. And you continue to see the women not not really editing themselves. If anyone is editing themselves, I would say it's Adrian.
Speaker 2: She just looks so miserable being with Paul. She just does so miserable, Like why am I here with him? I could do so much better.
Speaker 1: And Paul's just not getting the hint. Are we gonna see that marriage break up on the show or is she gone already by then?
Speaker 2: I can't remember why. This is why we're we washed in Mellencamp.
Speaker 1: I know this is why this is a flashback we need. I never watched her the first time, so I don't know. I do remember the stuff with Brandy going down, just because I've seen a million clips of that reunion that she wasn't at that Adrian wasn'n at. But I don't know if Heer and Paul were still together.
Speaker 2: Then I don't remember. I gotta say yeah that they do separate.
Speaker 1: All right, Well we'll see. Then we get into episode four. It's my party and I'll spend if I want to spend.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: Yep. Taylor spends sixty thousand dollars on a Mad Hatter tea party to celebrate her daughter, Kennedy's fourth birthday, but her husband Russell gives Kennedy a puppy as a gift, even though that was contrary to Taylor's sols And.
Speaker 2: Did you see his face when he gave it to early? Well, here's a creepy.
Speaker 1: I have to take out of my knowledge that I know what's to come, and it's hard. I have to just watch it. Per the episode, watching per that episode. That was not a party for a four year.
Speaker 2: Old, No, And it's so funny when they have the dueling, dueling parties because you have Kyle doing everything herself, calling her sister like can you help me? And you know she doesn't have enough hands. And then you see Taylor like this elaborate photo.
Speaker 1: Shoot in the hat over there.
Speaker 2: I need chandeliers. And by the way, did you catch the Louis Vuitton trash cans?
Speaker 1: No? I didn't. Okay on point.
Speaker 2: Okay, waste management trash cans that go out to your curb every week. Yeah, hers was covered with black Louis Baton logos. Oh my god, I'm like, who gives up about your trash cans?
Speaker 1: Well, dur does have. I think it's a Louis Vauton or maybe it's Chanelle yoga ball that I saw in one of her pictures. I stop it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do that too. I'm gonna get a sharpie and do that to my yoga ball.
Speaker 1: Right here on hot I'm just gonna put an LV. What gifts did you give to your kids when they turned for.
Speaker 2: I never had the big first birthday or second. I usually waited till they were three because they're more aware, and I would say the biggest party we would do would get a jumpy house, get some games, maybe like some vendors to come, but that's it. Like in the street in the back.
Speaker 1: What kind of gift like dove?
Speaker 2: You mean like a gift?
Speaker 1: Oh for yeah, Like I was sitting there thinking, given dove a diamond like she's maybe for a Barbie and she can name her Diamond.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, it's stop loses likely no, whatever, the hottest toy was whatever they wanted. I think it's like the most elaborate thing I got them is like an electric jeep or something they can ride in. But nothing, Oh yeah, like a Barbie car. Yeah, like a Marty Carr or something like that. Like, no, this is ridiculous, And I feel like it was totally done just to be like bragging rights on the show.
Speaker 1: But also the difference that we have to also remember, which now when you're on Housewives versus then now you can work like I have had a couple elaborate parties, and it's because I've worked with a party planner who's done a collaboration with me. In exchange for me posting or coming out on the show, she will give a percentage for free or for free or whatever it may be. For sure, season one of a show that doesn't happen. That did not happen at all, So this is clearly season three or four of Housewives.
Speaker 2: I did a birthday party for Spencer, I think he was like seven or eight, and it was a pirate theme and I literally we lived in an end of a cul de sac and I literally had a big, jumpy house with a water slide.
Speaker 1: That was it. Well, that's all they want to do.
Speaker 2: I mean you saw Kennedy's face. That's why I never really had giant birthday parce for my kids because they don't want to be there. They're like, oh God, like, leave me alone, mom, just let me go do my thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean the Dove's second birthday, I had it at the house and a lot of people, and then this last her third, I was like, all right, we're gonna go to one of those play places. I'm running it for two hours. You come from four to six pm and then you're out. Then.
Speaker 2: I also didn't have big birthdays every year like a lot of times. I just have families, family over. You know. I made a cake saying happy birthday, here's your presence.
Speaker 1: You don't need a bribe that you can make a cake camera. I don't need that kind of bro Okay.
Speaker 2: So I came home from Big Bear and Sophia made me this sign. It was a pick one of my gallery shot pictures from Housewives, and I'm straddling a Harley in my dress and she because she's really good at photoshop and says happy birthday, mom, And then she attempted to make me a cake and burnt it. So we came home. Oh she made a cake, and Eddie goes, yeah, it's in the trash. But she did honor us with her presence with going out to dinner last night, which is far and few between. She doesn't want to hang out with us, not much.
Speaker 1: She was the gift that I'm giving doing all the things. Well. Then we continue on to see Taylor prepping for the Mad Hatter theme party Kyle's daughter Porsche, which makes us once again realize how old we have.
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: I think Kyle's party with Porscha still had a lot going on, Like it still was Oh yeah, for sure, but it was a party for an actual child.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't It wasn't cheap, and I love how they were. She's like, I don't really like alcoholic kids party, and then Taylor's like, can we have more champagne?
Speaker 1: She's like, fill the glasses. Is there any hard alcohol here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then you see the little kids like drinking out of champagne glasses. It looks like a champagne like I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, all I could think about was the fact that this four year old's birthday party costs more than a car.
Speaker 2: Like, but but wait a minute here, Dana Wilkie, Taylor's party planner was everything. But you could tell Dana was a little desperate to get on the show with her twenty five thousand dollars sunglasses.
Speaker 1: Why did I think that Dana was a lawyer?
Speaker 2: I don't know what she does. I know she's a podcaster now.
Speaker 1: But do you But I'm curious. Did she just play a party planner so that she could be there? Like was she actually a friend of Taylor's?
Speaker 2: I don't know, But when I saw her on TV, I was like, oh, forgot about that face. Yeah, and I don't know what season she comes in. Is she like an actual housewife in the future.
Speaker 1: When she comes on next season? She's a friend of he's a friend of Okay, Yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: So is Kennedy's party more for Taylor or for Kennedy.
Speaker 1: For Taylor for tailor?
Speaker 2: I mean, visually it looked beautiful, but even Lisa vander Pump, who's probably got more money than God, was like, this is a little over the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Even Lisa Vanderpump paid Kyle a compliment on how the party was really great for her daughter, like that, that's what you want, I actually like listen. Granted, the only thing I probably would have shifted is I'm okay with a glass or to a champagne at a kid's party. I it's it's called coping for me. But I I don't know. I just I was confused by why there wasn't any real like hanging out with your own child at the party, or even like getting them comfortable with the friends. Like the it was mainly adults, Like do we even see kids other than when they got their take home diamonds?
Speaker 2: Little spurts like kids running and that's it.
Speaker 1: So, in Russell's defense, the happiest that she seemed the entire party was a puppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but what kid isn't gonna be excited about a puppy? Hey, four year old, would you like a puppy or a diamond Barbie necklace.
Speaker 1: To match with your mom?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, I want a puppy.
Speaker 1: I want a puppy for mom to take care of, or one of Camille's four nannies then speaking of Camille, Yeah, you go ahead take it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, when Camille first meets Kelsey, he had just gotten out of rehab, and she dedicated her life to his sobriety. She says she lost her sense of self because she was taking care of Kelsey. Do you think it's selfish of Camille to think like that, like I married somebody that's freaking loaded. I had nothing, and oh my god, I had to take care of him when he had a drinking problem.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the key part of this sentence is he had gotten out of rehab when she first met him, so she knew already what she was getting herself into, right, So at that point, I mean, I always think like, and you know, we talk about it with Eddie and Edwin, like they're not big drinkers, no, And so if we're going to brunch or we're doing whatever, and like I have a glass of champagne or appera, all sprits or whatever, like he may give me like a little look like god, hell, but you're you know, this is.
Speaker 2: Us when we go when we go to a restaurant, like for the day that before my birthday or two days before my birthday, we went to Cardier, right, So we stopped South Coast Plosa, which we hardly ever go, and we went to a restaurant there and they're They're like, would you like anything to drink? And I'm like, you go first, and he's like, yeah, I think you might have a Moscow mule. I'm like, what what?
Speaker 1: I know? So, but it's different because neither one of us was ever in rehab, So right if I just think it changes the dynamic with with that conversation, but also if you are in a position where you're setting yourself up to take care of somebody, that's what you set up.
Speaker 2: Like I've let Edwin know, does he really need to be taken care of? He just went through rehab?
Speaker 1: I didn't. I think that she just made sure that everything was to hit liking with the.
Speaker 2: Constant bragging about what she does and who she's married to, and the constant talking of the house managers and the nannies, and she's very zero taste of what real life is about.
Speaker 1: I also wanted to point out that on her way to her wedding, her one to I think his name's David. I guess it's kind of shitty to say. Maybe I shouldn't say it. Say it. I haven't had a drink, So I feel bad. She made this huge, big deal about you know, you guys saw it when we were filming Beverly Hills that I hadn't said high to her daughter when I was igot about that. Yeah, but it's because I didn't know that her daughter like we're walking through, we're being filmed. I had no idea. But also she sat herself and her assistant in first class and her daughter in the back. But why alms, I wish I could ditch Dove And one time some reported that I Ditcheduff. But nope. But you know, today, if a housewife was going on a vacation alone, production would be like, okay, see when you get back, take your iPhone. Here's the roll. For sure, there was a whole like ay crew was there and they were definitely ready for Camille to get in the hot tub with her friends. That once again Camille is bragging about taking care of care of them.
Speaker 2: It was them right that she was bragging to take care of them, And they got to in her voice, and they got to stand in one of our houses and we he was out of work, and we gave him one of my cars too. Shut up.
Speaker 1: God. Uh. Well, the part that I did like was when you see I feel like Lisa Vanafulm was the softer side of hers, Like she was funny, but she was a little softer back then. Maybe because you're seeing the relationships that she has with her kids, which I never saw. I was like, we never I mean maybe once to be film with Pandora, But we see the story about Lisa's son, Max was adopted at six months old, and how he has struggled to be a part of the family of high achievers. I feel like a different word could have been used, Lisa.
Speaker 2: He wants to play the guitar. He doesn't want to be a high achiever, damn him.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to run one of my.
Speaker 2: You ever met Teddy's dad, Well, she.
Speaker 1: Used to drop Max off at school and he would leave class to go smoke pot and because of this, they decided to send him Max. Ok. They decided to send Max to a school in Idaho to stay with his godmother. I want to be like, is this the same godmother that took Lucy Juicy Apple goosey? But then Max comes back. He surprises her and wants to go to the Musicians Institute on Hollywood Boulevard after he graduates. This audition was the most or application was an interesting application for me, Like if you just go and you play whatever song sitting on a stair, you know what stage.
Speaker 2: Because I'm looking for music schools for Cypia right now. Most of them are in LA and I don't think she's ready to make that jump to live in La and so I'm like, Oh, where's this school at? So I googled it.
Speaker 1: Well, can you let me know if there's a formal application where you sing and do your thing or it's just you just walk in, walk in a good guy. Do you think that Lisa's worried more so about Max and treats Max differently than she treats Pandora or do you think it's.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that Pandora maybe was an easier child to raise and Max is like she said he was smoking pot of a young age. She's worried about drugs, so I think she was concerned about his well being and maybe he never felt like keep it in now Pandora is there biological right?
Speaker 1: Yes? And she I think we heard on this episode that she was valedictorian at Pepperdine all those types of things, so it also can be really hard. My sister and I are lucky. Neither of us got good grades.
Speaker 2: So I've heard from a lot of people that have been adopted when they get older, they're kind of like, who am I? And maybe he was just trying to figure things out.
Speaker 1: Then getting back to Camille, she has the Jesus complex. She says, giving back feeds her soul and it's what makes her feel like a good person. She lives to help people and it completes her. Okay, she wasn't self important. Camil has more of like, uh gee, I'm so much better than you complex like she does.
Speaker 2: I mean, you talk about delusional, but she's kind of reality TV gold because she's really the only one that's acting like this and the only one that's getting viewers annoyed. So she was good, I mean, like a car wreck.
Speaker 1: She was good. Camille wa Yeah, Camille's Jesus complex and Taylor's spending is who would wait?
Speaker 2: Oh no, it wasn't Taylor. It wasn't It wasn't Camille's.
Speaker 1: It was Taylor.
Speaker 2: She had like a Dwight or somebody like that. He got his own confessional.
Speaker 1: You understand that Dwight then became besties with Lisa vander Pump afterwards, and then.
Speaker 2: After that, that's the same Dwight.
Speaker 1: That's the same Dwight. He's at every housewife event and he switches housewives that he's besties with.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's still around.
Speaker 1: He's still around. I think, yeah, he is always. I think he has a husband. He's always with the husband. Like, the first time I ever filmed at Villablanca, Dwight was there. I forgot who he became besties with after Lisa vander Pump. I'm sure we could go on his Instagram and easily.
Speaker 2: And you'll see he's a housewife hunter.
Speaker 1: He's a housewife hunter. So yeah, then we get back into Taylor and which we kind of already talked about.
Speaker 2: Not a lot of Kim in this episode.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of Kim or the other.
Speaker 2: One for the third or fourth, not a lot of Kim.
Speaker 1: I feel like Kim's going through it already. You can tell, you know, she's she's moving into her place. Then she shows up late and then she says, I don't know, I just feel like they're not They're such different communicators. It's like always going to get lost in translation, always Like it's even like when me and Sutton try to have a conversation, we never end up saying we don't track what the other saying, and so then one of us gets offended and then one of us doubles down when it's not necessary.
Speaker 2: Kind of like us on the Pott kind of.
Speaker 1: Like kind of like us when you have Diary on the plant.
Speaker 2: I just heard that Dwight is still best friends with Taylor. Okay, still best friends.
Speaker 1: Well, good job, good job Dwight.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh so.
Speaker 2: Porscha's party cost twelve thousand, yeah, and hers cost sixty thousand. I think they were both were beautiful, but I like the Kyle really was hands on. It was more market towards so so, I mean I would have gotten to either one, but I really leaned towards Kyle's birthday party.
Speaker 1: If I was going with a child, I would choose Kyle's a million percent. What is my child going to enjoy? More Like there's like a petting zoo and a train and a jumpy thing, like all the things your kids want. I'm nervous because Slate was invited to a birthday this Saturday afternoon and it's a high tea and I'm like, I've never been to a high tea. I don't, and and Slate it's also ten and like thinks she's a teenager, but like.
Speaker 2: This is I guess, like a big old tea dress.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: I've been to a tea party ultimate girls trip and I went on Revolve and got a cute little tea dress, like a little floral, puffy sleeves, puppy at the bottom.
Speaker 1: But then what do we do? We drink tea?
Speaker 2: We drink tea and we like we very fan see and then do we eat food? Little sandwiches, cucumbers and cream cheese and white bread?
Speaker 1: All right? Maybe do I need to wear a tea dress?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll send you mine. Great, I feel like it's actually really cute.
Speaker 1: Maybe I could borrow tailors from the Mad Hatter party. But either way, I do hope that we start seeing them have a little bit more fun. I don't know if that ever happens at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we do see Kim finally in this episode. She shows up late, shows up late? Where was Kathy? Why was in Kathy there? Which earlier days did she refuse to film.
Speaker 1: I would think so, yeah, I would think so. It wasn't that like the height of like the Hiltons.
Speaker 2: To get out like Doween.
Speaker 1: Kevin the scenes for next week or the mid season or whatever the heck it's called. I was like, I have anxiety already. I have anxiety already. It's not even my family. And this was however many years ago.
Speaker 2: I would never want my family on the show.
Speaker 1: Never yikes. Well all right, well that's it, that's it, that's all she wrote. All Right, guys, make sure that you're watching along so that you can comment, let us know anything that we missed so that we can focus in on it on the next pod. Thanks guys.
Speaker 2: Bye,