Speaker 1: Welcome In Thursday edition Clay Travis buck Sexton show, We've got some good news and some awful news. So I will start with the good news. Early this morning, the big beautiful Bill passed the House of Representatives two fifteen to to fourteen. It is now on to the United States Senate, where expectations are that it will pass at some point in the next month and become the law of the land. More flexibility in the United States Senate because it's a little bit better of a majority fifty three forty seven than what Mike Johnson was working with on a regular basis in the House of Representatives. So all of that very very positive news that happened early this morning. Unfortunately, an awful thing happened late last night in our nation's capital when too young, soon to be engaged individuals, one from Kansas, the other from Jerusalem. It's an awful story. The man in this relationship was planning to propose, had already bought her a ring, and they were shot and killed in cold antisemitic blood on the streets of our nation's capital. And this is what globalized the Intifada leads to. This is why everyone on a college campus that has been moronically walking around saying globalize the into fada. This is what they are calling for. This is, unfortunately what happens in Israel. Quite often, a terrorist comes up and kills someone because they happened to be Jewish, and it felt sadly inevitable, inevitable to me that this would occur. But here is I want to play the audio because there's no uncertainty about exactly what happened.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: Here is the individual who will soon be charged with the crime, if he has not already been shouting free, free Palestine after he murdered two Israeli diplomats on the streets of Washington, d C. Here's cut too, so there's no uncertainty about what his motives are. This is a chant that has been screamed loudly on college campuses everywhere in many different American streets by people who claim that Israel is the bad guy in the wake of October seventh. Let me make sure that you know these individuals' names. This is the Israeli ambassador Yekel Leiter discussing these victims and talking about his conversation with President Trump.
Speaker 3: The young man purchased a ring this week with the intention of proposing to his friend next week in Jerusalem. They were a beautiful couple who came to enjoy an evening in Washington's Cultural Center. On the way in this BONDI was kind enough to hand me on the phone, and the other line was the President of the United States, Donald Trump, who told me that his administration is going to do everything it can possibly do to fight and end anti Semitism and the hatred that's being directed the demonization and delegitimization of the state of Israel.
Speaker 1: Okay, Buck, you and I I don't think, sadly are surprised. I was just about getting ready to go to bed when the alert popped up on my phone late last night, a little bit after midnight, And to me it felt inevitable based on the way that the United States many people in the United States on the left in particular, but also there's people on the right who are anti Semitic. This is where I would say the left and right unfortunately sometimes have agreement, but it's far more pronounced, certainly on the left wing right now, anti anti Semitism is and this to me is a natural result of being unable to distinguish between good and evil such that you then engage in evil acts yourself because you believe you're doing something that is right and just. And this is the importance of being able to teach right and wrong. And unfortunately, the younger you are in this country, the more likely you are to buy into the idea that the Israeli state is the bad guy here.
Speaker 4: We recognize that. First of all, I just it's it's heartbreaking to see this. And I sit here and just say that murdering a beautiful couple like this in cold blood outside a social event, I don't know what could be more demonic senseless. And you know, it's interesting to me that the media, whenever there is a anything that they can say how somehow involves right wing ideology, they'll speak of something called and we've discussed it on the show stochastic terrorism. So numerically random terrorism is effectively what it is like, if you do this enough, if you spread this message enough, somebody will commit an active terrorism. They'll talk about that if they can say that this is somehow racist right wing ideology. Meanwhile, the left is soaked in anti Israel, anti Semitic hatred top to bottom, day in and day out, it's in the media, it's on campuses, they're safe harbor given and platform given to it in the Democrat Party. And we are just to think that this now happens in some kind of vacuum.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: This comes up, Clay when we have the discussions about they can't say that Trump is Hitler, but they oppose violence against Trump. That doesn't really make sense, does it. If you believe that Trump was Hitler, which is an insane person statement, but the Democrats have said at countless.
Speaker 6: Times as we know.
Speaker 4: But if you truly believed that, then you would want to do anything to remove that threat from the United States. And of course we saw that two people tried in the election cycle, and one put a bullet through Trump's ear. If you truly believe that there is a genocide going on in Gaza, first of all, you can't read or you can't process information, because this wouldn't be a long and drawn out war. If it was a genocide, Israel could just flatten all of Gaza in a matter of days, no offens or butts, and that would be the end of it. They could kill every man, women and child in Gaza if they chose to do so. The reason the war is taking so long as first and foremost, Gaza I mean Hamas and the Gazins refuse to release civilian hostages that were taken at the start of this war in the horrible October seventh terrorist massacre. So to me, there is such an inversion of morality that goes on here. And I point this out as well, Clay, because you know you said this yesterday. I've been advancing this point on the show as much as I can because I started out in Middle East studies in my life back in college working the Arab Israeli working on the Arab Israeli issue. My first ever real internship was for Dennis Ross, the US ambassador under Clinton for the Arab Israeli peace accords.
Speaker 2: So I've been.
Speaker 4: Following this for a very long time and I'm aware of a lot of the different dynamics. But in this country it has turned into a shrill left wing rallying cry absent facts and just full of hatred, and that results in things like we've seen on the campuses, which is which is completely disgusting, and then can even result in things like this. I would want to ask these individuals who are on the campuses. I want to ask the people who are always talking about the genocide and Gaza, where.
Speaker 6: Are they on the genocide?
Speaker 4: And I know it sounds like a what about isn't to some people they want to make that claim. Play where's the talk about the genocide going on in South Sudan? Or is it every Do they care about every human life and depression? Do they care about hospitals being bombed?
Speaker 6: How many of them even know.
Speaker 4: That the hospitals just bombed in South Sudan? They have no idea, They don't pay any attention because that is a fight among a lot of different ethnic groups, but Arab Muslims, Black Africans, there's no white people involved. And when there's no white people involved, even though four hundred thousand people have died, there have been mass rapes, there has been ethnic cleansing, I mean, the most horrific stuff imaginable. It's been going on for over a decade, I might add, And yet none of the people that are walking around with cafaas on talking about how every life matters and stop genocide, they don't know a damn thing about it. You know why, because they're costplaying as revolutionaries and they're just feeding in to this anti white narrative that they think somehow explains the Israel Hamas war. And that is how stupid they are, and that is how malevolent their ideology is, and it results in things like we saw last night.
Speaker 2: I think all that's very well said.
Speaker 1: I know there are maybe some people out there with kids' grandkids that don't get this. Let me give you two things that I think are very simple that you can share with them and ask them to think about. One is and I was over in December, and I don't remember who told me this, but I've heard it repeated since, but the first time I heard it was in Israel, and it is this. If Israel put down its weapons, it wouldn't exist tomorrow. If every other country in the Middle East that hates Israel put down its weapons, there would be peace in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Israel is not the aggressor.
Speaker 1: Israel is trying to protect itself and of its foes want Israel, as you saw in October seventh waped. The Jewish people in Israel wiped off the face of the earth. That's what from the river to the sea means. So that's an easy one that I think is that everybody can grasp. And two is another analogy we have made, and I think it's a good one because people sometimes say, Okay, well, why do you care? How do you decide who's good who's bad. Well, I was there in all the kibbutz's where all the innocent people were murdered when Hamas decided to come into Israel and rape and pillage and murder across a wide expanse. But I want you to think about this when Biden had our southern border wide open, or even now, if somehow it were to occur, if a Mexican terror organization came across our southern border and killed twelve hundred Americans and kidnapped hundreds of them and went back into Mexico and claimed that they shouldn't be attacked because women and children might be harmed. What would we do to the part of Mexico that the terrorists were in? Fuck you right, say, Ia, what do you think we would do if they killed twelve hundred Americans went back across their border and had hundreds of hostages.
Speaker 4: Well, I joined the CIA because of nine to eleven, So we could even use a more direct historical analogy here. I think that October seventh was Israel's.
Speaker 2: Nine to eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think very clearly, and as a matter of percentages, I think it might even be higher than nine to eleven. Oh, infinitely infinitely higher because the Israeli population is so much smaller. So when you factor this out, uh yeah, after nine to eleven, you know, I will add, by the way, there's actually a pretty good hunt for bin Laden on Netflix if anyone's curious to look for something that's it's pretty well done. My old friend Gary Burnson, who led the Jawbreaker team is on it. Mike Morell, whom I worked for in the CIA, who's a Lib and a Hillary. But you know, there's some people that were there doing the doing the work and they're pretty good. But Clay people, I think, I think sometimes leave this part out of our response. After nine eleven, we said to the Taliban, Okay, you guys have him, you hand him over or else.
Speaker 6: They chose or else. Yeah, we had no choice.
Speaker 4: There is no choice because the choice to not do anything would be the choice to let evil win. And Hama and Israel has the same choice after October seventh, and this is the you know, this is where I get very frustrated because there are people out there who think themselves clever because somehow the only thing they ever have a problem with is a response to terrorism. Yeah, it's always the response isn't good enough. It's a little bit like arguing with somebody who's wrong and just says I don't like your tone. I don't like your tone. Well, how are we going to is it? Who's right is what matters? Okay, you can complain about my tone all day. And Hamas brought this war upon themselves. They could have ended this war after October seventh, for months and months and months, given the hostages back, and had an unconditional surrender. They chose not to do it. They don't just hold Israeli's hostage, they hold themselves hostage. That's the problem. They've decided we would rather light ourselves on fire as a people in Gaza than join civilization and stop this madness.
Speaker 1: Wall Street Journal last weekend had a peace that I thought was important.
Speaker 2: I shared it.
Speaker 1: People say, why did Hamas do it? Well, certainly they're horrible anti Semites, right, they want Israel wiped off and the Jewish people wiped off the planet. But in particular the timing of October seventh seems to have been directly tied to fear that Saudi Arabia was going to normalize relations with Israel and that would lead to more peace in the Middle East, and they didn't want that to happen because they thought that would undercut their political posture. So the reason they say attacked on October seventh was they were trying to stop peace from spreading even more substantially in the Middle East. They're evil, and I think you saw the motivation and any of you out there with kids or grandkids walking around saying globalize the Intifada, I think that they are so poorly educated that they do not even understand how much of morons they truly are. Look, we're going to talk more about this. We're going to go to Israel and talk with Yel Extein, she works at the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, about what the reaction is in Israel, which I'm sure is widely discussed and was crushing to so many people over there to hear that two young, innocent people who were soon to be engaged were murdered in cold blood for being Jewish. This is why you know, our friend Carol Mark w it'z tweeted that Jews need to go buy as many guns as they can. And she in particular, she's on a plane, or she'd be with us today. Maybe we can get her on tomorrow. But she, in particular, Buck you know this, went and taught herself how to fire a gun after October seventh, And there are a lot of women out there. In particular, I took.
Speaker 4: Her out and taught her how to fire guns. We took her out for a range days so that she knew how to defend herself.
Speaker 2: So many people are like this.
Speaker 1: I mean, I talked about when I was in Israel, I met a woman who's working with the IFCJ. Young mom walks around with a handgun on her hip everywhere she goes.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: She was in the hospital having just delivered a baby on October seventh, and her mom was killed on October seventh. Her brothers had to go rescue her, her husband who was holding the butcher knife right by the door to try to stab people if they came in to kill their infant children. I mean, this is the reality of what people in Israel deal with every day, and unfortunately, globalize the Ensafada has spread here. If you want to educate, you want people to learn more, trust me, just go to IFCJ dot org. You can learn. Click there so you can talk to the kids and grandkids in your family. Please just trust me. IFCJ dot org go learn what is going on, what Israel is having to deal with and trying to defend itself in its very existence. IFCJ dot org is that website, click arn tab IFDJ dot org. Welcome back in Clay Travis buck Sexton Show. We head up to Capitol Hill now to be joined by Senator Ran Paul of Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Senator.
Speaker 1: We saw the big beautiful bill pass by one vote in the House trom fifteen to two fourteen. I believe it is now onto the United States Senate. What happens there now? What should we know about, what the process is in the Senate? What you want to see?
Speaker 7: You know, there's some good and some bad to the bill. The good is the tax cuts. You know, I supported these in twenty seventeen. Some of them will be making permanent and some of them will be adding too. I'm very supportive of that. I'm supportive of spending cuts. I think the spending cuts are wimpy, anemic, and unfortunately won't do much to change the course of the country towards a more fiscal physically responsible path. The thing I really object to, though, and it prevents me from supporting it at this point, is that it adds either four or five trillion, depending on which version you look at to the debt ceiling. This will be an historic increase in the debt ceiling. We've never added this much at one time, and frankly, conservatives have never voted to these things. Typically they've been passed by Democrats and sort of the big government Republicans are forced to get together. I always called it a day of shame. They had to go down on the well and admit that there's a big spending plan to cause the debt to rise alarmingly. But now it's conservatives voting for it. And my fear is is that this will be the end of fiscal conservatism here and in the country, because there's very few I mean, there were one or two in the House that oppose this because the debt rose too much. Right now, it's just me in the Senate, and it's not because I opposed Donald Trump or not because I opposed that the tax cuts or any of the spending cuts, but I just don't think we should be the party that raises the debt ceiling five trillion dollars. You know, come come September, the deficit this is going to be about two point two trillion. That's all Republican now, because Republicans have voted for these spending levels, they're anticipating two point eight to three trillion next year. That's just not conservative. And somebody's got to be left in the country who will speak truth to power that we'll say basically we're supposed to be the Conservative party.
Speaker 4: Senator Paul, Are we at a point where we just need to be honest as a country that if there is no political will to change alter whatever somebody wants to say about it, social Security, Medicare, Medicaid maybe really just medicare in that equation, and defense spending is not going to get cut, if anything that's going to go up, We're not going to tackle the debt, right, I mean, is that mathematically what we are stuck with? Is there some other way? I just worry that this is you know, I remember when you came in on the Tea Party wave We've been talking about this issue for a long time. There's a bit of fatigue over guys. The debt bomb is ticking. The debt bomb is ticking, and everyone goes, oh my gosh, let's do something about it. You go, okay, maybe we need a reform in titlement. They go, you're out of office.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I've been pretty honest with it, you know, since I was elected. When I was running for the office, the first time, I said, so securities running out of money, says Medicare, and we're living longer. We're going to have to gradually raise the age of eligibility. And I would laughingly say, you know, people would say, do you hate old people? And I say, no, I aspire a vehicle person. You know, I'm on my way. I you know, I want to collect my Social Security, my Medicare, and so in order to save these systems, they have to be reformed. But when we take them off the table and we present deficits as big as the Biden deficits are bigger, we're just as guilty and we no longer can point to them as these are the Biden deficits or the Biden inflation that came from the deficits. We'll be looking in the mirror because we'll have the responsibility now. And I just I think there still needs to be a conservative resistance against big spending and against debt. And it is important. Interest rates about a trillion dollars and our interest payments about a trillion dollars a year. But interest rates are still edging up, you know, the interest rate to thirty years at five percent, So we are gradually turning over into a higher interest rate and it's going to crowd out all spending. At some point in time. The deficit for this year will equal to budget. Congress votes on a discretionary budget of about one point eight to two trillion dollars. That's equal to the deficit, which means one hundred percent of the budget we vote on will be borrowed this year. So this should not be about allegiance to Donald Trump. I like the president. I voted for him, I support him, and I'm with him on so many things, his cabinet, Mahab movement, all that stuff. But it doesn't mean we should quit being physically conservative and asking the difficult questions about are we full big debt? Are we not for it we are we different than the Democrats when it comes to deficit spending, and right now we're looking kind of like the Democrats as far as a result.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Center A Ram Paul. I want to build on what Buck said, because I do. It's interesting the Tea Party movement started. You can correct me if I'm wrong, because I may be a little bit off, but I think I'm right. When under Obama the national debt approached ten trillion. Since that time, we have nearly quadrupled the national debt because it's rapidly approaching forty trillion, and as you just laid out, you know we're headed for fifty trillion, sixty trillion, And it just feels like Buck and I talk about this sometimes on the program because we see the responses when we bring it up. You say, hey, this is unsustainable. People say, well, you should just cut cost. The problem is if you look at the basic math of what medicare cost of, what Social security costs, what the debt costs, and I don't think most people want to replace national defense, even though now we're spending more money servicing the debt on interest than we are in national defense. That eliminates about eighty six percent ish of the overall budget. Even if you cut every other part of the budget, you're still going to, as you just laid out, end up in a deficits situation. To me, the only possible solution is you have to address entitlement spending in a significant way.
Speaker 2: And you know this better than anybody.
Speaker 1: It seems like ninety five percent of politicians just say, hey, I got to get elected in two years, Hey I got to get elected in four years, six years, whatever it is, we'll just kick the can down the road and pretend that the looming debt crisis doesn't actually exist.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, one of the reasons we've put forward the Penny Plan budget to balance the budget is to illustrate that it can be done, and it can be done by cutting only a few percentage points. But you have to cut a few percentage points of everything. So when I started proposing this ten years ago, spending wasn't nearly as bad, but it was it was headed in the wrong direction. Ten years ago, you could free spending, just don't increase spending. Spend the same amount each year for five years, and the budget wo balance. Then a couple of years later we called it the penny plan. You had to cut one percent across the board of everything on budget to balance the budget, to balance the annual budget. They became the two penny plan. Then COVID hit and it became the sixpenny plan. And so that's about where we are right now. You'd have to cut a six percent across the board. But I tell people, look at it this way. If you still had ninety four percent. Let's say your big deal is your brother and grandmother had Alzheimer's disease. You want the government to do research. So they come into me. They all wear purple ribbons, and I have great deal of sympathy. I have family members who have had and I say to them, well, you know, we're short of money, and you got one hundred million last year, could you live with ninety four million this year? And every one of them they're tearful thinking about their loved ones. They're talking about something very personal to them. And they look at me and they say, well, sure, if the country is short of money, we could do with ninety four million. And see that would be the same truth of everybody. Everybody would just have to deal with ninety four dollars out of one hundred, and it would be less about eliminating anything to anyone but cutting everybody you're six percent and just saying we've got to do it. You do it for a couple of years, we balance, the country begins to grow, receipts grow again, and actually government's meaning could gradually go up after a while. But I don't know. I'm not afraid to do it, and I don't know that I'm any less popular than I was when I ran. You know, I got sixty two percent of the vote last time in a state that has the significant population that's dependent on government, and I have great sympathy for them, and I want them all to do better. And I say, I don't want to cut you off Medicaid. I want to get you private health insurance with the private job and better payment. And so I don't know. I think people do understand it. If you're sincere. I think a lot of the people that are Weasily and Waffley and never really commit one way or the other and then go home and tell everybody there for a balanced budget. This is the problem with Republicans. It's going to they're going to lose face, and they're going to lose any semblance of sincerity because they're going to go home to the Chamber of Commerce and to the roadary and talk about balanced budgets next year or this summer. And yet the deficit's going to be two point two trillion, and all of it is responsible to Republicans. Now, this is no longer the Biden deficit. This will be the Gop deficit. And in the next two years are going to borrow five trillion dollars. Somebody's got to stand up and shout no.
Speaker 4: Well, Senator Paul, at least down the line, if this doesn't stop, you'll be able to look at all of us when we're facing a true financial crisis and say, I did tell you guys this is coming. So I know that that will be cold comfort, but you're very much on the record with this one.
Speaker 2: I worry that American.
Speaker 4: Politics have unfortunately gotten on this unstoppable amusement park ride and we're going to run out of track. But anyway, I also want to ask you something, well, actually, no, this is very serious too. I was gonna say, go to a lighter direction, but no, not really. What you're finding about, or what we're all finding out about. Really the new version of how the Democrats viewed Biden during the election, this book that's come out, all of this stuff. Where do you come I mean, as a doctor as well as somebody who's in politics at a high level.
Speaker 6: I mean, nobody's really supposed to believe that your.
Speaker 4: Democrat colleagues in the Senate didn't know Biden wasn't all there right or what?
Speaker 7: No, this is really shocking. You're going to discover. Can you believe it that Biden was actually mentally impaired and no one knew about it until Pepper wrote his book. This is just shocking. I mean, what great reporting Tapper has revealed that President Biden was missing a step or two. No, I mean everybody saw it from miles away. The shuffling gate, the absence stare, the you know, looking one way, looking for people, never really certain of where he was, and then the rambling incoherent sentences, so you know, and if it were just someone you knew, you'd feel sorry for them. But if it were my loved one, I would be mad at the family for putting something like that out. I think actually one of the most insulting things was Jimmy Carter's family as Jimmy Carter was dying and really not conscious. They rolled him out for display of the cameras after having just voted, and you know, it's a sad time. Look, Jimmy Carter wasn't a great president. It was a great humanitarian, I think, and not a bad person after the presidency. He should have been remembered for that, and instead, I can't shake the image of you know, his mouth open, unconscious and his idiot family parading him out there in front of cameras to stay just voted. You know, that's kind of what they did to Biden for four years. And it would have been much better, and you know, he could have been remembered, you know, I guess at least just for being a crook, you know, as a vice president, instead of you know, being a bumbling president.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that they found out on Friday that he had stage four cancer?
Speaker 7: You know maybe? And I don't really fault people as much for this. If you've looked into cross state cancer, and a lot of men have looked into the pros and cons of the blood testing, it really has evolved and changed a lot. So they used to have everybody at forty start taking a PSA. But then they started finding elevated PSAs and people having a prostage remood, which is not a benign receiver procedure, and it's sort of unclear whether they were early cancers that might have stayed hidden for dozens of years, and so the numbers of surgeries of skyrocketed, and then they decided after seventy you're more likely to die from something else. They they don't take the PSA at all, and so it's weird because we all have this mortality and were like, I'm seventy one, feel pretty healthy. I think I should get a PSA. Or I'm eighty two and feel healthy. Maybe I'll get a PSA, or maybe I'll just roll the dice. I'm getting older, I'm going to die from something. So these are they're difficult and personal decisions. So I don't foulot him for any of that. And I think there is a chance he did know they said he got a PSA that was probably normal back when he was seventy one, and it's a slow going cancer and there's you know, he's eighty two or eighty three, and you know the downside to the surgeries are a lot of different side effects from the surgery is not a perfect surgery by any means, and so I don't know. I guess I don't fault him because I think the decision making process a very personal one that a lot of men are having to go through, and really it's not an easy one because it's not I can.
Speaker 4: I ask you really quickly about doctor pauls or Senator Paul. Doctor Paul my own father, by the way, I had had to go through this, so a lot of us listening, it's very it's very personal and exactly what you're talking about. But why is this happening to so many? This is we're not a point where men are being told something like what seventy percent or eighty percent of them will have some form of prostate cancer.
Speaker 2: This can't be normal.
Speaker 6: Do you have any any working theory as to what's going on?
Speaker 7: It? Actually, it actually is kind of normal. They've done a natural study of the natural course of the disease. And when they do autopsies of men in their seventies who die for other reasons, you just die, and they take one hundred people who died and they look at the prostates, it is like seventy percent of them have cancer in the prostate, but never had any symptoms that didn't spread awhere in their body, and they died from something else. That's why it's a difficult decision. If it were just a breast biopsy or a lumpectomy that they did to the prostate, have to worry about all the other possible problems, it wouldn't be such a big deal. But since the surgery is a pretty dramatic thing, you obviously don't want to do the surgery on people who don't need to have it yet.
Speaker 4: So hundred years ago, we think as many men were having this issue as today. I'm asking honestly, I have no idea.
Speaker 7: Yeah, probably, but one hundred years ago, you know, the average life expectancy was forty five, and so as we live longer, there's going to be a lot more people with it. But it's even worse than that. They apparently have done autopsy studies of men who die in their twenties, and I've seen at least one report saying eight percent of men in their twenties already have a form of prostate cancer. So that makes you wonder if it's more hyperplasia or something that's not quite cancer that maybe our grading system needs to be better refined to figure out when we need to do surgery and when we don't. So it is a complicated subject. I guess it. Don't follow him for it because look, he's eighty two and he's had twelve years without having to deal with any of the symptoms of having the surgery. And I don't know. I don't know what would have been better, and nobody really, I don't know. There's a lot of if ns or butts about how to make the decision. The guy that invented the PSA was a test with a chairman of the department at Stanford for many years, and he finally came to conclusion at the end that PSA is also related to a benign enlargement of the prostate as well as cancer. And it's difficult to distinguish because men's prostate gets bigger over time, and that's why most older men have trouble with urinary symptoms. But it's not all cancer. A lot of it's benign. And because the surgeries of all, you got to decide do I want to do you know, do I want to watch it? Do I want to do surgery? And it's a difficult decision for a lot of men.
Speaker 4: Senator Paul, Doctor Paul wearing both ats today for us, Thank you so much for coming on the show, sir, Thank you.
Speaker 6: This is nine to eleven.
Speaker 4: The Tunnel the Towers Foundation has been supporting America's greatest heroes and their families. Here is like Mark Hulbert. Mark was born into a military family. His father served for twenty five years and his grandfather fought in World War Two. Mark turned his childhood dream of irving into reality when he enlisted in the United States Army. He served multiple tours, including three in Afghanistan. On his fourth tour, he stepped on ied, losing both of his legs. The Tunnel the Towers Foundation provided Mark and his family with a mortgage free smart home, which enables Mark to live more independently. Mark and so many others have paid a high price to protect our country and communities. Friends like you have helped to say thank you to Mark and so many others, not just with words but actions. Please help more of America's heroes by supporting Tunnel to Towers. Donated eleven dollars a month. The Tunnel the Towers at T two t dot org that's t the number two T dot org.
Speaker 6: Hi, welcome back into clay Enboch.
Speaker 4: We told you about this horrific assassination that occurred last night at the Jewish Museum in Washington, d C. And a young Jewish couple soon to be engaged gunned down in cold blood, and the assassin, the alleged murderer, shouting free, free Palestine. So I think we all know exactly what was going on here. Notice the Trump administration not playing the We may never know the real motive games that the FBI or anything, we understand why this atrocity was committed. We want to talk to our friend Yile Exstein. Now she's a president and CEO of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. Yaiel are the condolences from this audience go out to the families of those killed in this horrible uh, this horrible active of violence, and also our solidarity goes out to our brothers and sisters in Israel. My understanding is the Trump administration has immediately reached out and there's already discussions between the two nations to express those condolences.
Speaker 5: It is so comforting for all of us here in Israel to hear the condolences, but even more than that, maybe to feel the love and the prayers and the support and the unity. You know, I think what this killing represents is everything that the evil is trying to destroy. It represents America and Israel, ere Jews and Christians. It represents are shared values of striving for life and brotherhood. They were actually going to get engaged next week in Jerusalem, and they were both part of groups that worked on helping Israelis and Arabs to work together in the high tech sector and find common values. And so to hear those words of condolences right away, to feel the prayers, to see the support that millions of Americans are showing against this attack is something that what I believe, it's the silenced majority that's speaking loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I was over with you and the IFCJ and Israel, I'm a nerd when it comes to newspapers. I want to read all the newspapers that I can, and so the English language newspapers that I was reading, I was kind of amazed how much coverage there was of the college campus protests in Israel and how much that impacted people in Israel. To see that, to see the videos and obviously to be reading about it. I don't know that this audience is as aware of that coverage and how it impacts people in Israel. When people at the University of Michigan or UCLA or Columbia or whatever school my alma mater, George Washington University are protesting, but those kids are globalizing the intafada. That is one of the chants. Free free pales nine is another one of the chants. Isn't this in your mind and in the mind of many people in Israel and natural outgrowth over what those kids were saying on those campuses.
Speaker 5: Oh well, one hundred percent spot on. This is what it means to globalize antisada. I've lived in Israel through antipadas where there are suicide bombers that are blowing up buses and coffee shops every single day, when there are even teenagers who are sent to stab random civilians and Israel that's what dnisada is. And when you say globalized antisada, that this is exactly what it looks like on the streets of Washington, d C. Gunning down to innocent people simply because they represented Israel. And it's so important for you to bring up these college protests because what they represent us here in Israel. I'm the daughter in law and granddaughter of two Holocaust survivors. All of my father in law and my grandfather's family were killed in the Holocaust, and we were raised on these stories of how it started by looking at Jews as different. By suddenly Jews aren't allowed to go and study on certain college campuses. Suddenly they're not allowed to enter certain areas. And so what those college protests represent when we see Jews not able to get into certain public areas of college campuses, or to get into buildings on college campuses that they're paying tuition and they should be able to go there, but they can't because they're Jewish. This is getting so much coverage in Israel because it's so familiar. This isn't something that's new. Anti Semitism is the oldest hatred. It's as old as the Jewish people. We saw it with Amalik in the scriptures, we saw it with wicked Hayman, we thought with the Nazis, and today we're seeing it not only with Islamic extremists, but people who are educated. We see who are raised in Chicago, this shooter today, somebody who had an education, who you wouldn't profile as an Islamic extremist from Iraq or Afghanistan or someone else. This is an American who did this. And you see that this hatred is seeping into American culture, which for me is the most terrifying. You know, I was just on the border with Syria where the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews provided food and medical aid to Christians being persecuted in Syria. And what I see is that this isn't isolated to the Jewish people, is not isolated to Israel. It's a hatred against God himself. And that's why they're targeting Jews and Christians because actually, from what I understand, yer N, one of the victims of the shooting today, he actually identified as a Messianic Jew. He was half Christian. This is all of our wars, this is all of our darkness, this is all of our threats, and I think the only answer is to come together in love, to love one another, to help one another, to stand in solidarity against this darkness. It's the only way to stab us Kile.
Speaker 4: We know, and we've talked about it here many times on the show that, unfortunately, the Democrat Party is far too tolerant of the intolerance and the anti Semitism that exists as a portion. I have Jewish friends who vote Democrat. I understand this is not the entire Democrat Party base, but there is a portion of the Democrat Party that is truly anti Semitic, and the party, I would argue overall, is far too tolerant of that. Do you see that changing at all as things as incidents like this happen. Do you see Democrat leadership starting to speak with more moral clarity or do you think think that they are unfortunately held hostage by the anti Semitic, anti Semitic members in their midst.
Speaker 5: It was so incredible and comforting to see the President of America, President Trump, immediately call out this attack as anti semitism and call it wrong. This is something that should be the basis for anyone. I saw some people from the Senate, from the American government representing America who avoided questions on if this was wrong, if this was bad, if this is anti Semitic. To have the President of America stand up and quickly denounce what happened and say that he stands with the Jewish community and recognizes that this is anti Semitism in its most evil form. It's something that's sobering, and unfortunately we're not seeing enough of what's terrifying to me is that we're seeing this hatred against Jews, Papa everywhere. You see it on the right, you see it on the left. But what's so encouraging to me is that in facing this hatred that no longer disguises itself, no longer pretends to be tolerant, calls out hating Jews, hating Christians. I think that we've seen the silenced majority speak up louder than ever. I see this in my work with the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews. We have more people writing to us, donating, taking an active stand in face of this hatred, both on the right and the left, to say that doesn't represent me. I stand for these Judeo Christian values that we need to stand unified with. I stand with God, I stand with God's word, I stand with God's people. And if, oh if Jews and Christians are separated, if we're able to let hatred and division when we are both facing the same we're both facing the same darkness and so I think we have to stand up against hatred on the right on the left, and we have to do exactly what President Trump did today, which is call evil evil, called darkness darkness, and learn from the warning of Isaiah from thousands of years ago, and he said, at the end of day's light will be called dark and good will be called bad, and we have to be careful for that. What we thought today from President Trump was him calling bad bad, calling darkness darkness, and that's something we all have to learn from and not be afraid to say out loud.
Speaker 1: There are many things that people say about President Trump that are certainly untrue. You're talking to us from Israel right now. Israel, if it were a United State and able to vote in the presidential election, would have voted massively for Donald Trump, similar to the margins based on the data that I've seen that West Virginia or Wyoming did among the trumpiest of Trump's states. What do people in Israel think when Trump is called Hitler?
Speaker 5: Well, I think we all know in Israel's firsthand what Hitler did. He built concentration camps, he burned bodies in the mass. My daughter just got back from Poland where she was walking through Auschwitz, where her grandfather's family were burned, his siblings, his grandparents, six million Jews that were murdered in the Holocaust. For the Holocaust, the global Jewish population was around twenty six million Jews. Still today we haven't reached that number. We still haven't reached the numbers of Jews around the world as there was before the Holocaust. And so I think to call any democratic leader today that isn't targeting and killing and setting up concentration camps to even you as their name and the same sentence as Hitler is not only offensive, it's dangerous because if we don't learn from the mistake of the past, they are maybe inevitably going to repeat themselves. God forbid. And that's what we're seeing today when people are standing up for Hamas, standing up for terrorists trying to trying to support the yemen Huti terrorists who call death for Israel, death for America as their slogan, and you see across America that there are students that are supporting and calling heroes the terrorists that want to destroy them. It's something that we haven't learned from history. And then God forbid, it could repeat itself. And so across the Middle East, you know, in Islamic Muslim countries that are more moderate, like Egypt and Saudi Arabia and Jordan and Morocco, it is illegal to waive a Palestinian flag because that Pealsdinian flag doesn't represent Palestinian people, it represents Hamas, it represents the terror body that's leading them right now. And so across the moderate Muslim world, you're not allowed to have a preacher of Emam a mosque that's praising Famus or the Palestinian leadership. You'll literally go to jail.
Speaker 8: And so what.
Speaker 5: Happened They all less use moderate Islamic countries and went to America and set up their mosques in America and are doing their rallies with their Palestinian flags, praising from US in America. And it's not only staying now with the Islamic extremists, it's actually infiltrating into the brains and lives and icy actions of young Americans, young Americans that are now standing in solidarity with terrorists. If we don't wake up immediately in the West, that will take over everyone who now thinks that we don't need to give it any attention, and we don't need to take a stand.
Speaker 1: I think this is important as we go away, and thank you for calling in from Israel. There aren't very many countries in the Middle East where a gay or a transperson could live with freedom. Israel is in fact the only one. And so when you hear people on the left somehow siding with Hamas or the idea of anti Israel, it really is a cognitive dissonance that's even difficult to comprehend. I really wish people could come visit and see. But yeah, I think that's important, and thank you for joining.
Speaker 5: Us, Thank you so much. And I think it's so important to remember that the Palestinian people are being oppressed and held hostage by Hamas, which is a terror group where women have to wear hey jobs. There's no freedom, there's no freedom to vote, there hasn't been elections and over ten years, there's no right for people to voice any criticism of the government. And if they have anything against a person, they could just kill them without any sort of trial or any sort of legal document. And so when we have terror groups that are ruling the Palestinian people, I think when we say free Daza, they're missing two words from hamas the sooner this terror group goes, the sooner the Palestinian people will be able to be free.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 1: Thank you, yell Exstein from Israel giving us the latest from there and also reacting to the awful event in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: A week and a half ago, President Trump declared prescription drug prices are going to come down? How will he do it by entering a deal with pharmaceutical companies wanting to sell prescription medicine that guarantees will have low prices in the country like it exists in other countries. That's much needed and it's a smart strategy. It's also another reason why healthcare has been so expensive, especially for those.
Speaker 2: Relying on Obamacare.
Speaker 1: Until we see those lowered prices, you should look for better health insurance options out there. And one of those newer options is called Ease for Everyone. Compared to Obama Care, Ease for Everyone comes with a monthly cost as low as two hundred sixty two dollars. You get access to over four hundred prescription drugs for free, not just at a lower cost, no cost zero dollars, and unlike the broken promise of Obamacare. You actually get to keep your doctor. Plus you get free unlimited virtual primary care. You can have affordable healthcare for as low as two hundred sixty two dollars a month. Today, go online to Ease for Everyone dot com slash clay and join today. That's Ease for Everyone dot com slash Clay. Ease for Everyone dot com slash Clay. Welcome back in Clay, Travis Buck Sexton Show. Appreciate all of you hanging out with us. Flowing through the Thursday edition of the program. We're joined now by the Bluegrass States own Daniel Cameron, running for the Senate seat to be vacated by Mitch McConnell next year. And Uh, first of all, I'll start with this. We have not talked about it a great deal, but I know the state of Kentucky along with Missouri, was slammed by tornadoes over the last several days and over the last week. I'm sure that has been a major part of what you have been seeing and talking about in the state. How are people doing so far as you can tell us, Daniel.
Speaker 8: Well, Clay Buck, thank you guys for having us on. Ye it's I mean heartbreaking to see the lives lost in parts of our community, particularly in the Summerset and London community, Pulaski and Laurel County. It was obviously just completely heartbreaking to lose folks and the devastation that occurred. We've been encouraging people to help out the London Police Department. They're collecting goods. I've also encouraged people to go to Samaritan's Purse and American rep Cross, so there are a few different outlets in Obviously the communities, local churches really vital to helping rebuild and getting folks back on their feat but it's going to be a long process. In fact, I'll be down there on Saturday to visit with some folks. But yeah, thanks for bringing that up, because I know folks all across the country have been praying for those communities in particular. You know, we had storms all across the state that those communities in particular were hitting really hard. So thank you for bringing that up. And yeah, if anybody wants to give too, I mean again, the Samaritans Purse, American Red Cross, local churches down in those areas certainly would be grateful.
Speaker 1: I know it's early and the election is not until next year. That is the Republican primary to set up who's going to be running to replace Mitch McConnell on that side. But what does the focus seem to be to you so far as you travel the state of Kentucky and hear from people about the issues care about the most.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Clay, I mean, I think people want a senator from Kentucky that is going to stand with President Trump and help support an agenda that is about building back, building, back up our mental class and the working men and women of this country. President Trump campaigned on that. That's what this big, Beautiful Bill is about, is making sure that we can lower people's taxes so they have more money in their pockets. This is an administration that is about securing our border, fighting the drug epidemic. It's about creating energy independence in this country. That's a big deal. In Kentucky, we are a commonwealth that to the extent we have a competitive advantage. It's about our fossil fuels industry. It's coal and natural gas, and having a president in the White House that recognizes that in order to have energy independence, we have to have and prioritize our fossil fuels. That's a big deal. And so Kentuckians want a senator that's going to stand up for their values, fight for the Trump agenda. And I'm going to do that and I've got a track record of having done that as Attorney General. You know there will be people that jump into this race, but what you will never hear somebody say is that there's going to be somebody that's more conservative and more supportive of the Trump administration than Daniel Cameron, because there's not going to be. I've shown it with my record, and I'm led by conviction. I mean, right now, in my current day job, I'm fighting diversity, equity inclusion, I'm fighting against ESG because these are convictions. These are core convictions for me, and I want to take that spirit and that energy to the United States Senate and fight on behalf of Kentuckian's and that's why I'm going to win. Come. You're right, we're about a little less than a year away from the May primary. But I'm in a strong position given all the polling right now. I think the most recent poll have me up thirty points to my next closest competitor. We're going to win this primary, and we're going to win the all as well. And I want as many people to get on board as they possibly can. I mean, I tell people all the time, go to Cameron for Kentucky dot com check us out. Certainly would be grateful for the help and support.
Speaker 1: When you ran against Andy Basheer in the in the governor's race. It seems like Andy Basheer is going to try to run for President of the United States in twenty twenty eight. And I know you're running for the Senate. But when you look around at the candidates that the Democrat Party is putting forward. We talk a lot on this program about how young men, black, white, Asian Hispanic are breaking away from the Democrat Party. And you know, I really say, men, you know, younger than the age of forty five, for instance, certainly eighteen to twenty four year olds is off the charts. Why do you think that is And do you see that reflected when you travel around in the state of Kentucky.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I mean you know that you know, men in particular wants somebody that's not going to demean them, is not going to belittle them, is not going to tell them that they are the problem in every circumstance. And President Trump spoke to men of all races. He spoke to men across this country in a way that candidly Republican and Democrats just hadn't done. And I think men have been grat gravitating to the Republican Party because again, they're tired of a Democratic party that tell that belittles them and tells them again that they are the issue to every problem in this country. President Trump has been strong in supportive, frankly, people of all walks of life. But the reason that men of different races have been coming to the Republican Party is because, again, this is a party that says, hey, it's it's okay to be a man, it's okay to be strong, it's okay to be a leader, and you don't have to apologize for that. And the Democrats, for whatever reason, have decided to double and triple down on this ideology that tells you it's okay for men to play in women's sports, that we somehow need to be afraid of masculinity. Again, President Trump says, let's disregard that. Let's focus on men being leaders, working hard, providing for their families and I hear that from people all across Kentucky that are tired of a Democratic Party that candidly has tried to diminish the importance of men in our society. And you know, again, President Trump has recognized that, has looked for ways to make sure men know that this is a party that supports them and is going to value them.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Daniel Cameron, running for Senate in Kentucky. I don't know if you've seen this news yet, but you played college football at Louisville. There is news now that the top twelve teams are going to make the college football playoff in order they're going to be that way that is just broken in the last fifteen or twenty minutes. Do you expect if you go on and I think you will become the next senator from Kentucky, do you expect that your Louisville Cardinal will during your first term in office make the college football Playoff? Would that be an expectation in six years?
Speaker 8: Play on the first point, I did play football U of L, but play is a very generous term. I took people all the time. I had a front row seat to the best team in the house. When I was sitting on the bench. But hey man, look, hope springs eternal. I believe in coach Brom. Look, I believe wholeheartedly that within the first six years we're gonna have a UFL football team that is playing in the playoffs and hopefully competing ultimately for that national championship. That's my hope again. You know, Jeff Coach Brom was one of the quarterbacks coaches when I was playing, and they just the Brons have a heart for not only the university, but for the community. And I know that's on their heart to push and to strive to get us in that national championship game. So I'm hopeful that will happen. I'm hoping it'll happen on the earlier side of my term and not towards the end. You know, our fans, our fans are like Tennessee fans, They're like all fans. They want success immediately, So let's make sure we get them there early as opposed to the.
Speaker 2: Latter end of that first turn.
Speaker 1: All right, So last question for you. We just had the Kentucky Derby a couple of weeks ago. Buck and I were up there last year. It was fabulous for Pitt. Now, I know you're a Louisville guy, but one of the coolest things obviously is the derby. But also Keenland is pretty fabulous and a lot of UK people tell me that the combo and I still haven't done it. The combo of Kentucky football and Keenland Race Day is one of the best days for a sports fan anywhere, even as a uiver U of L guy, even as a Louisville guy. Would you give them that nod and say, Keenland plus UK Football Day is pretty tough to beat.
Speaker 8: That's a that's a hard That is a hard day to beat, regardless of where you are in the country. I mean that there's no better atmosphere than than spending a little time at Keenland and then at the uh you know for UK football game as well. And I'll just say, you know, in that circumstance, not only do you get to tailgate once, but you get to tell gate twice because people tailgate before they go into to Keenland and then you tailgate before you go into the football game. Uh So yeah, I mean, I I don't think you can you can argue with that position. Uh look there, look I'm I'm excited to be in a in a in a commonwealth, in a state where we've got candidly like two two roughly two programs right now that like are really trying to get their act together. I mean it makes the whole state better. I mean, you know how rivalries work, man, when when both teams are playing well or you know, trying to contend, whether it's in the SEC or the ACC. You know, that's a good thing for our state. So i'm you know, I'm I'm I'm hopeful that you know, next time you guys designed to come up for the combo, man, you're gonna invite me to tag a lot with you.
Speaker 1: We're going to try to do it this fall. I'm looking forward to it. Daniel Cameron, where can people find you if they're interested in following along with the Senate race?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Look again, I encourage your listeners to go to Cameron for Kentucky dot com. Join us, help us. If you want to give us some financial support, we'd be grateful for that as well. But again, this is for our kids and our grandkids. This is for making sure we have a merit based opportunity to society as opposed to what we've seen from the DEI bunch. This is about restoring that American dream, helping President Trump push forward on his agenda. That's from the American worker for the men and women of this commonwealth and country. So I hope you'll join us, come on and let's go win this thing.
Speaker 1: Outstanding stuff. As always, we appreciate you and we will talk to you again soon. Good luck on the campaign.
Speaker 8: I appreciate your brother.
Speaker 1: God bless that's Daniel Cameron. You can check him out as he just laid it out. And Buck is going to be back here in a second. I'm gonna really let him kind of pour his sorrows out as a longtime New York Nick fan with the collapse that they had.
Speaker 2: In last night's game.
Speaker 1: But Oklahoma City is rolling right now, Minnesota Timberwolves are in the mix. We got four different teams still live in the NHL. And if you're a Major League Baseball fan, pretty much every night you've got a big game to be able to follow, why not go ahead and get hooked up. You can play along with price picks. You get fifty dollars when you place a five dollars game pick. All you have to do use my name Clay, you get fifty bucks. Not very many times we say as part of an advertisement, Hey, if you go to price picks dot com, use code Clay. When you play five dollars, you'll get back fifty dollars. That's a ten to one return. You can play in California, you can play in Texas, you can play in Georgia. Super easy. Thirty states plus thirteen million people have downloaded this app. All you have to do is pick more or less on your favorite athletes, put them together two to six different combos, and you can be well on your way to having an awesome time. Pricepicks dot Com Code Clay. That is pricepicks dot Com code Clay