Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Overcover podcast. You guys. I am your host Jennica Lopez. Thank you guys so much for choosing to listen and watch to this this episode today, Happy Tuesday. You guys are probably already know by the title and the thumbnail you very familiar face. We got the one and only Dominic you last name if you guys don't know him. He is part of the fools. These fools, the group of you know, twenty guys, how many is it? Eight?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 1: A bunch of cool guys have such a well, you know, we have an ongoing friendship relationship here, really cool. We've worked together before and I wanted to take the opportunity to just have a little, you know, comfortable, little chit chat with Dom and see where he's at. And like I told him before when we start, before we started, I was like, you know what, no one really knows much of about Dom, about his life. You know, you're the quiet one. Everyone else is loud. Everyone's cool, like, so shout out these fools, everybody. I fuck with y'all, Like everybody, you know, I don't even know what your I don't know I'm not even you know, but whatever. Anyways, you guys are dope and cool. But if I could pull you guys apart and do one by one or whatever, I would love to. And I love that I got to start with you because you know, you're dope, You're cool, You're I don't know. I want to see what you're about. How you grew up your childhood. I feel like nobody knows. I want to know how you got into the fools, how did that start? Obviously, well, you know you don't have to answer all of that right now, but but like you know your journey, Like I feel like, you know, how was your childhood, growing up, your relationship with your parents, all that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I feel like I am pretty private with my life. I don't really post a lot of the stuff that I kind of do, but I have like a podcast myself too, but I haven't done anything like year just because we moved offices, but kind of talked about my story on there, like the hardships and stuff like that, what we kind of dealt with. I don't know if we're going to get into that one today, but not growing up, I had a real father, I guess, right, but he got locked up when I was like three or four, and I had a stepdad as well.
Speaker 2: So my dad actually got deported back to Mexico.
Speaker 3: He actually came back when I was like twenty one two. So now he's kind of like a part of our lives and he wants to be there because a lot has kind of changed within like that what fifteen year gap, right, But I.
Speaker 2: Grew up with my stepdad and my mom.
Speaker 3: It was kind of like patri I guess I have my half sister and my other full sister. We grew up in a way we kind of saw like what it was like to like, you know, experience a lot of things, and then we also grew up where it was like everything can be taken away in just one second, you know.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of what happened.
Speaker 3: We like we were able to experience a lot like growing up, and then when it came into high school, it's like when everything kind of just I don't know. That's when I actually started working for my like working for like myself, like I need I need money. My mom asked me for gas money, and I'm like, damn, like this is the time I need to just like focus up. And I was like sixteen at the time. Parents were just fighting divorcing. They officially divorced, ended up moving out like to my grandma's garage, just feeding for myself. Since I was like kind of like sixteen, I was thankful enough to like my parents actually buy me, Like it was like a thirty five hundred dollars card, like a Prius, like two thousand and two Prius, and.
Speaker 2: That was like my pribadely enjoy. You know. I would look at my.
Speaker 3: Friends and like, damn, my friends have camaros and like whatever. Because I don't know if you're familiar with Alimani, but like I had a lot of friends from Alimenyi and private school, so like, you know, I would always hang out with them on the off days, and they always had like nice cars.
Speaker 2: They're like some of their kids, the kids that go to that school pull up in like porsches and stuff like that. You know. So I'm like, damn, like why don't I have this? Why don't have this?
Speaker 3: And like I don't know, I take it as a blessing because I didn't want any handouts and I didn't get any handouts, so it was actually really good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: My dad had to do what he had to do to survive. My mom did what she didn't to survive, and then we all kind of had to feed for like ourselves.
Speaker 2: So that's what kind of like I feel.
Speaker 3: Like molded me to like start doing things on my own and be, yeah, a man basically.
Speaker 2: Like at sixteen.
Speaker 3: I moved out completely at eighteen with like from my family and everything. Just my friend was actually able to bring me in with him. I stayed in one of his uh one of his rooms at his house, which I'm thankful for that when I used to work at like La Fitness and stuff. But yeah, I've just always feel like I feed for myself and I'm still like I'm still not where I want to be.
Speaker 1: But you've always been like fight or flight, yeah, like surviving basically, yeah, like living your life. I feel that because my parents also got divorced when I was like five. My dad also got locked up. He was away in jail, so it's like I never really had that father figure either. So it's like that image of like, Okay, how is a man supposed to be? How am I supposed to grow up or how like? And I've seen it in my brothers too, because they don't have their dad in their life. So it's I see it it, Yeah, Like you see how important is that a father figure is a part of your life and what it does to a man obviously, like now that you're older, like have you seen how it affected you back then and now to this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always like I've always thought like back then like them, you know, what was it like to actually have someone that like taught me certain things? You know, like even the sex talk was like with my mom, like just make sure like use condoms.
Speaker 2: Like stuff like that, you know.
Speaker 3: And I even like I didn't even know what a barber was until after high school. So even like looking back in like my high school pictures, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, why how did I get these ugly haircuts? Like damn?
Speaker 3: But I just see that and I'm like, I know what I want as a man, as a father and as a husband, you know, to be like for my future wife or whatever the case is. Like I feel like I've learned a lot, and like I don't know when that time comes, Like I know I'm going to be a great husband, a great father, you know, Like that's what I want because I don't want my kids.
Speaker 1: To go through I kind of like you don't want them to miss out on what you didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, so get that.
Speaker 1: That's dope all right. So okay, wait back to the high school thing. What high school did you go to?
Speaker 2: Gernada?
Speaker 1: I went to Birmingham for like two years.
Speaker 2: Okay, Birmingham solid, not too far apart.
Speaker 3: Always been in the valley, always been in the actually moved every two years in my life. Okay, Like since I was like seven, I lived in Sherman Oaks and then I went from Sherman Oaks to Palmdal Palm del to Silmar, and Silmar.
Speaker 1: To just always Valley.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just literally always valley. But I'm ready for like a home home, you know. But we'll see whenever I have kids and stuff like that. I was finally settled down maybe yeah, whenever.
Speaker 1: So how did it? What happened with the fools? How did that happen? Who'd you meet? Who? Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I actually met Brian first? So Brian was he used to cut hair at the time. Okay, I actually met him through like a mutual barber. I guess I had a barber that knew him. They used to cut the same the same barber shop. And then I like he started like talking about Brian what he's doing and stuff. And I had a sneaker star at the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I had a sneakerstar on Melrose and it was like really popping off of like TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah cookies and Kicksies. Yeah, so I had that and it was really popping off of TikTok.
Speaker 3: Like I had a lot of people like come, like a lot of TikTok stars and stuff like that. And then I got introduced to Brian, started going to Brian for like my haircuts, and we would just kind of talk and like I've always been like on the I've never really wanted to have like social media like followers or like anything like that. I just wanted to be low key, like, you know, I'm doing my thing, but ended up being you know, not being that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we.
Speaker 3: I met him and then I like I just believed in the journey division. I was like, Okay, I see what you're what you're doing. I like, I believe in you percent and he knows that, like, you know, I believed in them like the very beginning. I think it was like their first year into social media, and I had a lot of connections, so anything that they needed I was just like, Okay, let's figure it out.
Speaker 2: Boom boom, I got you.
Speaker 3: Don't even worry about it, Like you know, I literally didn't charge them for nothing, you know, Like I think the day they had their first ever pop up at my store and I told them, I'm like, hey, let's just have a pop up. Let's see how you engagement really is, right, like, let's see how it go. Yeah, cut the waters, and it fucking it went. I mean, can I cuss story?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: It went, It went crazy.
Speaker 3: It was really good. Everybody got lit. It was a fun time for everybody. And that's when I knew. I was like, damn, like you know, it's real, real motion, like like I believe in them and whatever they needed, you know, I was just there, like I didn't even charging for that pop up, not that I needed to, I wanted to. It's just like it was more so me as a homide just like let's just see where this goes, Like let's see if a pop up is actually like going to do something. And even that day, like I think I lost like fifteen twenty grand that day, just because like when you have pop ups at a store, nobody buys anything to be basically like you just do it for like engagement, and like at the time, we didn't need like we were pretty read like two point something million on TikTok like as a store, so it's like we didn't really need it. It was just more so like me just wanting to Yeah, I'm like a people pleaser. I like to please people. So it's like I would do a lot of things for someone without asking for anything return, you know. So it's like I've always just helped these foods with anything. They used to have, like an intro. I used to rent like sling shots out like in front of my store, and then there was they needed like an intro video, so I give them all four steam shots like oh go rite and whenever you want. Obviously it's going to help the business too, but yeah, just any time I was able to help, I was just like boom, and I never asked for anything in return. And then slowly but surely they're like, hey, let's just like you're always around us, You're helping us a lot.
Speaker 2: I help them with their business side. To this day, I'm still.
Speaker 3: Helping like with a lot of the back end stuff, and I'm okay with that, you know. Like I want them to succeed, be organized and and see them prosper.
Speaker 2: And I'm a part of the journey. Why not, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's how everything went down, and I'm still helping to this day, which thankful for you know.
Speaker 1: That's top though, No, because honestly, like obviously, I mean as a valley girl, like everybody knows who these fools are like. But then but that's what I'm saying. It was a valley thing and then it just went crazy like out of nowhere, which is again, I congratulations to you guys, like again, like I fuck with y'all, Like you guys are so cool, each and every one of I don't I don't know everybody, but the ones that I do know, like you know, it's cool, like you guys are you guys are dope, and I can see the genuine and the authenticity, Like you guys are just fucking random ass like.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you can just do anything, and it's just like I don't know, there's some characters in these foods, so it's like I'm not really much of a character, I feel like, because.
Speaker 2: No, you're always like I'm just to myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you are No, they're just like they're loud and knowing they'll just say.
Speaker 1: Whatever they to bring that balance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Literally, so I've been I mean, lately, I feel like I've been coming like just trying more in the vlogs and kind of show my personality because I don't really like to show my personality.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. It's just a thing about me that you know, I don't know, I just don't. I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's so many people looking at you in your life. You know, you say the one wrong thing, it's over with, you know. So I'm overthinker, So like I can't just be screaming dumb shit up.
Speaker 1: You know, we're gonna go on a quick break and we'll be right back with more of dumb Welcome back, you guys.
Speaker 3: But now they're funny even off camera. I have an amazing time with all of them, Like they're they're just cool guys in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And I think everything obviously has like a reason. Obviously I know that you know, you go to church and your.
Speaker 2: Face to the same church.
Speaker 1: We go to the same church.
Speaker 2: You guys, you see each other all the time.
Speaker 1: No, but it's cool and I feel like, you know, people need that people need like influencers, and like obviously it's cool, but it's also cooler to influence people to like guide them to something good and great and that's also like concrete and that will not fail them. And you know, obviously I've seen and we've been around each other, and I've seen you at church and you also got baptized there. Yeah, and which is huge because people have this like stigma on guys, like you know, like it's just you know, the whole motions things and like God and whatever, and I kind of want to like hear your perspective or like how you felt in that moment, what made you, you know, lead that to that decision, like because a lot of guys don't get it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's just more so so I grew up Catholic, Okay, so I was actually like a peer leader for my church. So it's crazy to like kind of like make that switch.
Speaker 2: But in all.
Speaker 3: Reality, it's just like a real closer relationship to God at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: So at the time, like as a Catholic, it was more so like now that I look back at it, because I went to a Catholic school for like my fifth fifth grade and then just like one year I think I think it was fifth or sixth grade something like that. But that's when I like believe got like my confirmation, I already I was already baptized, and then my.
Speaker 2: Communion the order.
Speaker 3: I did all those three in order to get married or whatever the case was, right, that's always like the thing. But the church was just so structured where I knew when to scene, when to sit down, went to stand up, Like it was just you know, and I kind of left that in a way and just believed in like obviously manifestation like stuff like that. And I was like, okay, but for me, for me, I didn't really believe in like a God. And then recently I just went through a whole bunch of shit, like two years ago, a lot of like money was just everywhere, and I just had like not necessarily evil thoughts, but like just like yeah, I was just like hey, like I don't think like you know, certain things is like I'm like happening for a reason, you know. And it was like a lot of stuff going on. So I was like damn. My friend bought me to church, which was freedom and it was a Christian church. So I was like, Okay, I've never been to a Christian church. Well I have, but like not that type.
Speaker 1: Of Christian ch know, it's not as different from a cad Yeah.
Speaker 2: Different.
Speaker 3: So I went and I just like I ended up liking it. I loved it, and then I kept going back and it's just like I would go by myself, and I'm like, I'm mean using me, I likely to go by myself. I'm just like whatever, like I don't need validation, validation from like anybody to like, you know, come with me or like you know, make something like that. Like I like going by myself because it's just it's just me and you know, the pastor and we're just was just hearing his the sermon and I'm just there like it feels good, you know. And I actually I'm doing I don't even think like nobody knows this, but like I'm doing the Monday boot Camp Spiritual. So the last like two weeks I've been doing like a zoom call with Pastor Justice and everything.
Speaker 2: So it's been good.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I've just I was I felt like I was lost and I had just like a lot of thoughts in my head that I wanted to it was just a bad investment gone wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, I just decided.
Speaker 3: I was like, you know what, I don't want to be thinking about like my bad thoughts that I was thinking, and I'm gonna just get baptized. And I was already going to church. And when I got baptized, it's like, you know, you leave the olde you.
Speaker 2: And becoming the new you.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, I want to keep continuing this path that I'm on and I don't know, I just want to be a man of God and as much as I can, even like they're drinking and stuff, like, I've been trying to cut it out, especially with these fees. It's not easy. But yeah, I just I'm trying to get closer and hopefully.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know, No, I feel I completely agree and I and honestly, I'm gonna I'm gonna be I feel like it was you or somebody else. But I think I started going because you posted it solid and I was just like and I was like, and I was like, you know what, it's down the street obviously now I mean you nowhere I live or whatever, but like it's down the street. It's easy and it's so good good, Like every time, I'm like, I love them so much. Like there, it's it's an hour and it's they get to the point and you feel something. You leave feeling better, and it's like, damn, like that is that's what a church is supposed to feel like, especially like growing up in like a Catholic church or other churches that make you feel like like this didn't feel good.
Speaker 2: Even like when I would go to the Spanish churches.
Speaker 3: Yes, like I was honestly like I felt not to be mean, but I felt like just bored there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you weren't connected, Yeah, it wasn't connected guys in like a home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this I feel more connected.
Speaker 3: And I feel like obviously, like you know, the Bible is the Bible, so regardless, like as long as we're hearing the words in the Bible, then yeah, as.
Speaker 1: Long as you're feeding yourself whatever, and it's just you know, maybe I don't have you brought any of your friends there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I brought in No, not these foods, but I brought in like a couple of my friends that are close to me there. My mom as well, she was she was raised Catholic as well, and she actually has like a different religion that she's on, but slowly she's actually been she's been going to shepherd a lot too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've seen that one. I've for good things about that one, but I like it, and I like, so thank you obviously, you know, for posting it and sharing it your journey and all that, because I just feel like when it comes to guys talking about it, like they get a little bit weird, and especially when you post your boats, I'm like, oh, yeah, that's dope, Like you know, like you don't have to do that because you're also an influencer with a bunch of guys, and like they perceive you as something like they see you like oh like and then they think you're gonna be like the most holiest person and like completely change. It's like you could be, but it's like no, like you're being realistic to who you are and being true and like you know, obviously the drinking, Like we're not perfect. We're not like obviously like once we make that decision or whatever, like it's not crispy clean like right away, like you're meant to fail, Like we're born sinners and that's okay, and like we're meant to learn and obviously that's why God has grace and we're able to learn and whatever. Even for me, like I decided this year I don't want to smoke as much, like smoking heavy really yeah.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I stopped smoking too, well, not completely, but like I was socially smoking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what. And that's where I'm at right now. I'm like, Okay, I'm not gonna buy it anymore. I'm not gonna like, you know, I don't want to. I did it because I was anxious a lot, Like I had a lot of anxiety. I'm like, no, like I can't. I can't. My body can't be dependent on this, like I need to like change the shift, Like what am I going to do?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: You know, I started going to read the Bible more or like listening to worship or something else that like leads me to do something better other than that, you know, so I get it where it's like it's not the easiest thing, but it's like it's better. I don't know. I think when you go through it, you understand it more. Like yeah, so it's like I don't know. But anyways, you guys, if you guys. Yeah, if you guys want to go to a church, freedom church is where it's at, but you know it is it's also our home, like that's a home space, like it's our little at least for me.
Speaker 3: Like no, for me too, Like I had a problem with someone else going on. I was like, bro, this is my home, Like why, like you know, I was like, no, no, I just want to be here.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, that's but exactly like if you guys go, please go, like you know, but also like respecting each other's space as well, like obviously like I'm cool, I'm cool with saying hi to people. Yeah, like whatever, but and if you were a church and you'ready saved, that's even better. But it's like you know, like you know, it's just it's a Sunday, like we don't want to you know, at least for me. I'm just like, let me have my little Sunday. Okay. So obviously you mentioned that you had your business, Yes, Cookies and Kicks, but you also have solar panel. Yea calla Maxon Paxon? Is that because of the street Packson?
Speaker 3: No, my partner's dog is named Paxson, so like he actually names his dog after it was a five point zero supercharger, so Pa and then his dog. And then when we're thinking of a name to name the business, we're just like, we love Woolf Wall Street.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, the movie, right.
Speaker 3: And I think it was like a lion like the image had it was and it was Stratton. Yeah, I was like straightened something. And we're like, what's the cool name that we do, and then we just like, okay, we'll just do Paxson for now.
Speaker 1: And it was just stuck.
Speaker 3: And it just stuck. And then we used to have a logo like a silhouette of like, yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want to know more about it, how you got into it because it's random solar padel of business. I'm like, okay, yeah, I mean it's dope.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean in our society, I feel like a lot of people believe in like the sexy business. Right, you got to have a like clothing brand or you got to have I don't know, something just cool that people like look up to and like that's not really I don't know a lot of people are doing it and it's like you gotta be careful with that. But this I got in because of my partners. Literally there my best friend, which is like I've been friends with for like fourteen fifteen years maybe more. He wanted to start it because his little brother was actually in it. So shout out Alex and Daniel. His little brother was already selling solar and while he was in the military, right and then he would call him and be like, hey, like I made this much money off of one deal, you know, like it actually, like it's good because it helps people save money, you make money, and like everybody wins, you know. So then I started looking into it and was like, okay, like you know, I think we can do this like on our own. We don't need a middleman basically to like take ourselves and get a commission off.
Speaker 2: We could do it ourselves.
Speaker 3: Then we all started just like learning scripts, learning how to. We kind of just took the model that they were learned or that they had learned and brought it to Pacson and just started teaching other people how to do it.
Speaker 2: We used to meet as Starbucks.
Speaker 3: That's kind of where like our meetings were, and then from there we went to my friends living room. From our friends living room, we had an office and then another office after then now we're at like our third office, which is like it's nice, Like I don't just see where it's you're.
Speaker 1: Doing like seminars and stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, now we're doing seminars. So we're doing seminars to kind of recruit. I'm using the following that I'm getting now to help the business. We're actually one of the I look at a lot of solar companies and see like their views like engagement and stuff like that. We're one of the biggest ones that have the most engagement. Like I'm using it as a tool.
Speaker 1: To just go to manage.
Speaker 2: So the business.
Speaker 3: The business is like it'll start five years ago, but the goal was always.
Speaker 2: To sell it.
Speaker 3: So that's like what we're doing right now. It's we're just keeping everything organized. And it's cool that like my business partners are also in the military because we landed like pretty big contracts right now with the government, and if you're in the military and you're a veteran, you actually get like a certain percentage more so, like like of the deals in like in California and stuff. So that's going to be happening this year. So I feel like a lot of it came from in like the engagement and like seeing our logo everywhere, which which is what I want. I want our logo just everywhere. Like my one of my putners about a raptor an hour and a half away, he's like, hey, I've seen that logo before, Like where's it from.
Speaker 2: It's like a solar companies, Like oh damn Packs Energy and like that, like that's fire. You know, that's cool, Like that's what that's what it's all about. You know, people are going to see the logo.
Speaker 3: They're gonna we're gonna start selling stuff like that, like you know, and we're very like keen Onto.
Speaker 2: Like just like our culture here.
Speaker 3: So it's like we won't just hire anybody. We have to have people that like have their head on the shoulders want to make money. Like we have core values in our company, where like we have a sign that like literally lists all of our core values and we try to live by those all the time.
Speaker 2: So it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You have a good ass head on your shoulders, yeah, honestly, Like and I think, I mean I'm gonna I feel like I could speak into it because I mean I don't know. I'm sure you know some of my life, but not all of it. It's where it's like, it's where where you're living to you're surviving. So it's like your next what are the next moves? Like you're and you're placed in the space where it's like you're forced to mature more like mentally and like in your life as well, and you have no other choice. So it's like, you're twenty eight, twenty eight. Are you turned twenty nine this year? I am Huh, I'm twenty twenty eight this year, So I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Are you turning twenty eight?
Speaker 1: Yes, But like I feel like I have the mind of like a thirty five year old. Yeah, I too, like and I feel like because of our life circumstances and everything that you know that I've personally been through, like I've had no other choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to make sure quick exactly like.
Speaker 1: You know, And I feel like certain people can tap into that. And I'm sure that you know, you've you've grown and you have also been in situations that weren't ideal and oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. I made a lot of mistakes in my life. But it's not about how you like, you know, take it. It's just how you bounce back from it. Yeah, I made a lot of mistakes in my life, and do I regret it. No, it was a lesson, Yeah, but you just got to learn from the lessons. You know, you can only learn from your failures. So I took it as a as a big jump. I did a lot of things in my life where a lot of people at my age weren't doing.
Speaker 2: That's for sure. And I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't take that back, you know, at least try. I haven't worked at like actual job since twenty seventeen, twenty.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's not for you. I'm saying, that's not your businessman, like you have the tri business man. Okay, we're going to go on a quick break and we'll be right back with more of dumb Welcome back you guys, packs and sells. What are we doing next? What do we feel like?
Speaker 3: I'm going into real estate heavily, heavily. Yeah, that's one thing I've always wanted. I read books on like wholesaling and all this stuff. So it's like, yeah, section eight properties, like Josh, Josh probably Yeah.
Speaker 1: Here's a friend I know, Josh, but yeah, yeah, that'd be cool though, And I don't.
Speaker 2: Mean, you could do it, but we can do it again too.
Speaker 3: So the goal is if we do sell, would probably open up another solar because we have maybe like about fifteen years to we run up solar till it becomes like everywhere, and every year more and more people just want solar like it just it's making more sense for people.
Speaker 2: Back then, I get it.
Speaker 3: It used to be like a scam and a lot of businesses like went down because they would install on people take the money and just like they went out of business, which we literally like, it's hard, it's hard, like you know, but yeah, everything is electric. People are getting electric cars and then they charge at home and forget that their bill is going to go up and you know the only way to do that.
Speaker 1: So okay, So as a businessman, head of a businessman mindset over here, what are your three or let's say two things you could tell somebody that like are looking into opening a business or guiding them.
Speaker 2: Consistency for sure, number one. That's like the main thing.
Speaker 3: I feel like, if you're not consistent, it's not going to really go anywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and always.
Speaker 3: Always be learning. You always got to just keep learning. You don't know enough, like you just don't. If you're not learning, you're not doing yourself any favorites right there.
Speaker 2: For sure. You always got to either.
Speaker 3: Read, find something interesting and just learn from it. There's news every single day that stuff is happening around the world, and if you're not caught up, then you're gonna get left behind.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 1: You guys heard it here. I mean he's been managing businesses his whole life, basically. Literally all right, So I'm asking for the girls dom, What is your love life like my love life.
Speaker 3: And go right now, just enjoying, enjoying life. Whether someone comes into my life and I want to take it seriously cool, if it happens, I probably will take it.
Speaker 2: Seriously, all right.
Speaker 1: What are you looking for to take it serious?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What does a girl have to have or to be to be serious to take it serious?
Speaker 2: I don't know. She's just.
Speaker 1: She.
Speaker 3: I don't want like a like someone that's just always outside doing stuff. She needs to go to church, doesn't matter if you're Catholic Christian, just like have. She just needs to have a good head on their shoulders, you know. Literally, that's all I already asked.
Speaker 1: For, you know, simple man. Yeah, Well, let me think.
Speaker 2: And she got to understand my lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Too, honestly, because it's complicated.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: But I feel like in every relationship it's just about communication, like at the end of the day, like that's one thing. Like I used to be hard on it. It's just like I would never really open up. It's like who I was like talking to. But now it's like if I going to work things out, just like yeah, yeah, you know, like update, update her, like you know, update each other. Just make sure like there's no gray areas if something's wrong, like what's wrong, let's fix it. Let's not like dwell on it the next day, two days, three days, whatever, you know, and then just let it sweep it another sure about it, but yeah, just talk about it, like you know, I'm at that age where it's like we got to be just mature with things. If things aren't going to work out, like let me know, now, let's rip the band, new job and focus on you know, like finding somebody else, because you know, I'm not trying to waste time anymore.
Speaker 2: We're dating to marry, Yeah, dating to marry.
Speaker 1: Because the time is sticking. I feel it because it's like I get it because it's just not. Yeah, we don't want to waste our time anymore. It's like we're way too grow. We have too much on our plate, responsible mature over here, Like I.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be dealing with a girl that's like outside where you at stuff.
Speaker 1: Like no, dude, no time.
Speaker 3: You still want to be going out on private jets and doing all these things like oh, that's not the good for me.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, there you guys go. I mean you guys know where to find him. Okay, So speaking of social media and everything, like obviously you mentioned about understanding your lifestyle and whatever and completely get in respect it. Do you feel what do you feel is like the misconception about you that people like, hm, like domb is this or people what is one thing that we're like, oh dumb, I thought you would be like this, or like I don't know, they probably got wrong about you.
Speaker 2: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like I I portray myself pretty well, like how I how I really am on Instagram? Yeah, or like social media, I don't really try to hide anything, or like like I don't know you.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you. I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Why you heard some stuff about me.
Speaker 1: I've heard stuff about everybody, but I'm not you know, I don't. I like to get to know the person, not based off that. But that's side note. But first impression, I I thought you were mean.
Speaker 2: I thought you oh you know what? Okay, I get that a lot, but I have like a like a god of them here, just.
Speaker 1: Like you have your unrest.
Speaker 2: But yeah, literally I just be like, yeah, I almost got into fights because of it.
Speaker 3: Really, like literally like what are you looking at? Like bro the soun's eyes, Like what do you want me to do?
Speaker 2: You know? But now I get that a lot.
Speaker 3: Actually, you're right, You're right. I actually get that a lot. Everybody thinks I'm an asshole or like yeah.
Speaker 2: You're really nice.
Speaker 1: No, you're really really nice, like you're dope like I said, like you're dope in like you're kind. But yeah, that's what I'm saying. Like when you first like meet.
Speaker 3: People, Yeah, especially guys, guys really think like I'm an asshole. Like I don't know, not to be like rude or anything, but like if they're like with their girl whatever, and I'm like, yeah, I'm just like I'm just a happy person too.
Speaker 2: It's like like hey, how are you? Like? How nice to meet you as well?
Speaker 3: You know, like girl, it's like, bro like, I'm not like, I'm not even like that, Like I like even if like a girl would hit me up and she has a boyfriend and I see it, like, I'm like, but what are you doing? You know, like, it's just weird. It's weird energy. I just don't I believe in karma. So it's like if I do that to a girl and they have a boy or a guy that has a girlfriend, it's kind of fucked up, right, I wouldn't want that to meet.
Speaker 1: You, wouldn't want to be on you either. All right, well let's look back. We're looking back on our whole lives. Your whole life dumb, right, Obviously it's a lot, even through a lot, but you've also succeeded on a lot of things, and I'm sure God has been a foundation in that. What is something that you could say that overall your life you've just learned and that you could just share and maybe give hope to other people.
Speaker 3: Bouncing back is real, It is real. It's one hundred percent real. I've been at the lowest of the lowest, and even back then, I knew that. I'm just I'm gonna get I'm gonna get through this. I'm going to get through this even when I like, I shouldn't feel that way, because, like I'm telling you, if I had some like some stories to tell you where like I've seen like the irs take every dollar from my account, like my business accounts, everything just because I didn't pay taxes.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 3: It was just like a big big deal that time, and we had lost like I think it was like one hundred and something thousand, and it was just like I had zero money, zero, zero money, and then I didn't know what to do. I am glad I have like my partnery for Solar because I just like everything was just not going. I forgot what else was it, But like something happened here, and then the money here, and then another thing happened here, and it all happened at the same time, and I was like, bro, like how am I going to do this? Like how am I gonna come back from this? And I just believed in I have the right people around me too, but I just believed in I will bounce back, and I did bounce back.
Speaker 2: Bounce back is freaking real. You just got to believe in.
Speaker 3: Yourself to be honest, that's really all it is. I'm not where I want to be, but I know that regardless someone you get there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe even when you get there too, Like you're just like, is not what your ideal your plan with at the end of the day, and maybe better than what you have or whatether you're dreaming though you know, we don't know, We don't know the plans God, But honestly, thank you so much. I really appreciate like diving in and getting to know you, and I think that it's important because obviously vulnerability is not easy, but it's also powerful and like to share, and I'm happy and I have the pleasure in the honor, you know, because honestly, again, like you're really really cool, Like I could see your authenticity and you're a genuine guy. And I ultimately just wish you the best and everything anding that you do and succeed. And I know that God's not going to fail you and your family and you know, whatever the case may be, and I just pray that everything goes well. Please share your socials so that everybody can find you.
Speaker 3: YEAHMB cop on everything dumb Underscore copp On literally everything, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok made it easy for everybody.
Speaker 1: Dumb cop I like it. Well, thank you so much. I appreciate you so so much. Again, God bless you and everything that you.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys so much for watching and listening to This episode makes you guys like common. Subscribe, leave a review, and I will see you guys next Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Overcome for Podcast is a production of iheartm Podcast Network.