Speaker 1: Hey, it's Brick and Jeffrey and this is the second Day podcast. We got a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call for you coming up. But first, a lot of feelings, a lot of big feelings. On yesterday's second date. The lengths that that woman went through to get revenge for her friend were a lot. Yeah. I don't know that I would commit ten hours just to get back at a guy that goes. But some people were actually on her side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they said, I don't know, I like her and her friend. Good for her, guys, who ghoes deserve that. I don't really think it was hate for the guys. She was just defending her friend and upset that she got hurt, which makes total sense. Yeah, so it's just so much time, I mean, yeah, more fun to just take your girlfriend out and be like, hey, let's get over yeah.
Speaker 3: For guys, because we would just like try to get the other girl back, like and they just wouldn't respond.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see different.
Speaker 4: All right, that didn't work, So.
Speaker 1: It didn't work. Sorry, all right? Well, thank you so much for commenting. Always, we love to hear your thoughts about what happens during these episodes, and today we've got an awkward Tuesday. That is, uh, you know, gonna be fun for you. Yeah, so here it goes. Brand new starts right now.
Speaker 5: We've done a fair amount of these phone calls where we help out listeners and then our reaction is, WHOA, did not expect that? Yeah, well, today we got a huge whoa.
Speaker 4: I definitely was not expecting that. Oh wow, maybe one of the biggest of the entire year.
Speaker 6: I've never seen Jeff that animated the biggest whoa of the entire expecting it, man, someone the whole show didn't even know what to say when the truth came out.
Speaker 4: So you'll be happy to know it.
Speaker 5: Gets extra awkward in your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: Don't miss it. It's next, It's awkward, It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: It's not necessarily the most fun part of our jobs, but occasionally we have to do it. What is it help out a listener who's worried about possible cheating.
Speaker 4: In their relationship. You know, we may not be private eyes, but we do.
Speaker 5: Know about eyeing privates and that was close enough for a guy named Derek to reach out for help today. So Derek, man, I'm sorry that we're meeting under these circumstances, but hey, thanks for being on.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the show, dude.
Speaker 7: Thank you, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: My eyes are on your privates right now. Supposed to be helpful, no, I mean private life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Started it, man, I was just trying to finish it.
Speaker 4: I hinted that and you went right.
Speaker 1: For It's okay. Sorry, Derek.
Speaker 5: Why don't you tell us about the reason that you emailed us for help? What makes you think that your girlfriend is cheating on you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so my girlfriend and I we've been dating for a very long time and something weird isn't happening, and it's been kind of happening over the past couple of days, but like specifically.
Speaker 8: The other day.
Speaker 1: Oh so this is super recent.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So I was over at our place and every morning she takes a little run, like she doesn't all the time, but that's her her thing.
Speaker 1: I bet she wouldn't like it if you called it little. I mean, has a great.
Speaker 3: Runs, a short run.
Speaker 7: And so you know, she brings her phone with her listens to music.
Speaker 8: So I was.
Speaker 7: Just doing some work and I needed to get a pen to write something down and I went to her deft dour and underneath her notebook I.
Speaker 8: Find a cell phone.
Speaker 7: At first, I was just like, oh, you know, it's just an old phone. But like, as I'm looking at the cell phone, it looks brand new, like the newest iPhone type of new.
Speaker 1: Oh did she maybe buy one and not activate it yet?
Speaker 4: That's why I thought.
Speaker 7: At first, I was like, Okay, maybe she need a new phone, because we've been talking about that, like how we both wanted to get a new phone. Yeah, but both of us know each other's passwords. So I opened it and there's one contact and if a guy named Brian.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know any Brian.
Speaker 7: So I'm sitting there, I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: The yeah, I would be.
Speaker 4: So I found out.
Speaker 7: From this person recently that you can google somebody's phone number and like figure out who they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I did that and it turns out he's from out of date. Couldn't find any pictures of him or anything.
Speaker 1: Oh do you need Alexis to get on it, because she could have this for you in what seconds?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she already have his numbers.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean yeah, that might that might be aful. So, like I'm thinking the tiding this for me, right, and like she has been acting like kind of strange. Oh yeah, Like she'll go, so'll be like I'm gonna go run some errands and then she'll be gone for thirty minutes and so come back and see me happy and there's time or still come back. No like bags at all, no nothing.
Speaker 5: And the fact that she's coming back super happy from her thirty minute errand is also kind.
Speaker 7: Of You said the guy was out of state, bro, I know he could be nearby and just have an out of state phone number.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you ever check when she's gone, like if she takes that extra phone with her, or if it's like still in the drawer.
Speaker 7: So I put it back the other day and I went to check it this morning and it was gone.
Speaker 4: Whoa, alexis? What does that mean?
Speaker 1: Not good things, Jeff?
Speaker 7: Not?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, you always keep your secret boyfriend phone in the same spot every single day, except when it's moved.
Speaker 4: Then you know you're up to No.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not an old phone, like she's actively taking it.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Say why would you leave like a cheater burner phone like out and around your boyfriend?
Speaker 1: It was anna drawer underneath a note book?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how much? How much more hidden? It doesn't have to be.
Speaker 2: I mean I could give a lot of better spots to hide it.
Speaker 1: If it's been going on for a long time. You get lazy with that stuff, you know, Yeah, I mean, could there be any other reason for it? Have you thought of?
Speaker 7: Not that I can really think of. Okay, But I tried something really stupid. So I tried to like weave his name into conversations.
Speaker 5: Oh, because I was going to ask have, like why haven't you brought this up and confronted her about it? But you've tried to do it in a sneaky way.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm extremely nervous, Like I've been with this girl for so long that it's to the point where it's like I don't want to believe it's true.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how did you weave Brian into conversation?
Speaker 7: I was telling the story, but I went to go get my oil change and I was saying, oh, yeah, like the guy Brian like was talking about this, and I was like, you know, like I know, Brian's like, don't you know Brian? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Brian is such a cool man.
Speaker 1: Tons of Brian you know, how attractive do you? What was her response?
Speaker 7: She got like really at like no, no, not really And then again after that, that was when the phone kind of disappeared. And I don't know what else to do it. I'm afraid of how this conversation is going to go, and I don't know how to bring it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like up until this point you thought you were in a happy relationship.
Speaker 8: Yeah, like it's been so great.
Speaker 1: I thought, Yeah, that's so hard. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: And so we never called what was your girlfriend's name?
Speaker 8: Annie?
Speaker 1: Annie?
Speaker 4: Annie?
Speaker 1: Okay, that sounds like such a nice name.
Speaker 5: With your awkward call, are we reaching out to Annie here? Or are we calling this guy Brian and trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: We're starting with the first, Brian Anderson. You better be ready.
Speaker 7: I really don't care about the guy. I want to hear it from her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the right place to put your energy.
Speaker 4: Is that called them?
Speaker 1: I mean you may not even know you know that she's in a relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so we need to really figure out what is our advice going to be to help you with.
Speaker 1: This because and get her to confess if that's what's happening.
Speaker 5: Seriously, Derek, you deserve some answers when we come back and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call to find out if your girlfriend is being unfaithful with some dude named Brian.
Speaker 4: It's coming up right after this. Hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 7: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: I think most people have one drawer in their house with like ten different random phones in there and a bunch of old charger cables. Dude, Yes, just old devices you never turned in or threw out because maybe you're open to reminisce one day and look back at all the old naughty photos of yourself.
Speaker 4: Okay, ten fifteen years ago, you think that.
Speaker 3: But I just found those phones recently and I was like, why do I have these? I never even turned them on again exactly.
Speaker 5: But that's different than the phone our listener Derek found in his girlfriend's desk recently, which was brand new, with only one contact in it.
Speaker 1: No naughty pictures unfortunately, right, just not that he could find.
Speaker 5: At least, the contact was a random guy named Brian from out of state who he's never even heard of before, so naturally he's thinking, oh God, this is my girlfriend's burner phone that she's using to sneak around on me with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the more we got into it, the more we felt the exact same thing.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: Hasn't been able to confirm that officially though, So that's what he's trying to do once and for all with his awkward Tuesday phone call, or hopefully just find out that he's totally wrong and there's some other explanation for it. But oh, first he needs advice, So Brooke, what do you have for him?
Speaker 1: I think the first thing you need to do is like remind her you're a person with feelings that she actually cares about.
Speaker 4: Derek.
Speaker 5: Can you confirm that you are an actual person with real feelings that I can guess?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 1: And I think you need to lay it out there. You need to say, look, I found this phone. It's got to contact Brian on it. You need to explain.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be kind of hard for you to do, but I'm gonna definitely try.
Speaker 1: I know we're here for you though, you know we got your back. I can't even imagine being in your position.
Speaker 5: Or is it hard for him to do because he's not a real person. We don't know, So Ose what's your advice for Derek here.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of ways this conversation can go to put her on the defensive, and we don't want to do that. So suggest that we need to get new phones, honey.
Speaker 4: And then that way the rest of the story may.
Speaker 1: Come out, Oh, I just have a new phone.
Speaker 5: Oh you're trying to get her to admit that she has a second phone without accusing.
Speaker 4: Her of it. You already got one in the drawers. It's interesting.
Speaker 5: It's totally conflicting advice than what Brooks said, which was to directly bring it up.
Speaker 1: He already tried the whole slip Brian into a conversation and it didn't work.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 5: So I mean, at the end of the day, Derek is going to be up to you to decide which piece of advice you feel like it's best for you. But no matter what, we're going to be waiting here ready to support you on the other line.
Speaker 4: Okay, And you.
Speaker 1: Also remember that you are a person to be loved and cherished and if someone's not doing that for you, then it's time to move on.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys a lot.
Speaker 4: It means a lot.
Speaker 5: You got this brother, really trying to sell the human aspect there. Okay, I'm not sure still, but maybe things will clear up when you make this call. I'm going to dial your girlfriend Annie here you gave me.
Speaker 4: Her number, and hopefully she picks up. But here we go, man, good luck.
Speaker 8: Hello, Hey, babe, Hi, Hi.
Speaker 7: Are you how how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm doing okay, just my standard routine. Okay, thanks, yeah, yeah, call from you from your number. Oh.
Speaker 7: You know, I was just in the process of maybe getting a new phone, you know, just trying to figure that whole thing out, because you know, I think we're both kind of due for new phones, don't you think.
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but good try. You know that I love you a lot, yes, and I would hope that feeling is reciprocated, of course, of course. Okay, yeah, yeah, because you know, as a fellow human being, you know, I feel like we all have feelings that should be cherished.
Speaker 8: What's going on? Are you on something right now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: Are you possibly on something called bribing by?
Speaker 8: Should you asked me about the same thing the other day? I don't know anyone named Brian. Please stop asking me.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's kind of hard to think that when I found another phone in our room with the contact Brian.
Speaker 8: I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 7: So we're just gonna pretend that there wasn't a phone underneath your notebook with the contact named Brian that just magically disappeared the day after I mentioned the name Brian.
Speaker 8: That was my drawer. It's not yours or snooping in places that you should not. No one was doing.
Speaker 7: I literally just went to go get a pencil and I saw the phone. So let's not beat around the bus here and try to act like the phone wasn't found.
Speaker 8: Trust me, I am not interested in any other guy.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, you're gonna tell me about the phone? Like, no, play for a second, Like this is crazy.
Speaker 9: You're never ever gonna meet him?
Speaker 4: What is happening here?
Speaker 1: You mean you're never gonna meet him? He doesn't want to meet your sight?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Wait, what's happening? Who are those people?
Speaker 4: That's our question? Yeah?
Speaker 5: These people you're talking about us. We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. You're you're on a segment that we do called the Awkward Tuesday Phone Call.
Speaker 8: Oh man, I don't want to talk about this with you. Guys talk about it.
Speaker 5: Listen, And the reason that we're on the phone with your boyfriend Derek here is because we're trying to help him after the phone that he found. He didn't know the right way to handle this situation with you. He was going through us to get a little bit of advice.
Speaker 8: Derek, you're gonna make me freaking blow your surprise.
Speaker 4: What are you the more right now?
Speaker 1: Surprise?
Speaker 8: Look, this is really embarrassing to admit that I am not cheating on you whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Okay, but you're saying things like don't worry You're never going to meet the other guy?
Speaker 4: Like who are you? What are you even talking about there?
Speaker 8: Okay? Well, I meet guys on a certain website and I engage them in like a friendly conversation.
Speaker 1: Are you talking about like OnlyFans or something? Are you doing video stuff?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: They just pay for things, so I ask them for a new phone.
Speaker 5: What we're still a little unclear here, Annie, I don't understand. How is this like not as bad.
Speaker 1: As it sounds, It sounds worse, to be honest.
Speaker 8: Well, so far I've gotten forty phones and sold most of them all to pay for our car.
Speaker 1: What you're trying to make this like altruistic, like you're talking to other men for the betterment of a new car for you guys.
Speaker 7: Wait wait wait, wait wait wait wait wait, After all the Prime documentaries that we watched, you think that's smart?
Speaker 9: Wait?
Speaker 1: I mean are forty phones?
Speaker 2: There's no way you're not gonna have to do something exchange to one of those guys.
Speaker 1: No, there's no way.
Speaker 7: And again the guys are are probably the ones that are going to stalk us afterwards.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're not wrong.
Speaker 5: If your car's fast enough, they won't be able to catch your.
Speaker 8: I mean it goes to a po box, so they'll never know what our addresses.
Speaker 4: Oh that's kind of smart.
Speaker 1: But still, Derek, do you feel better or worse? Like? Where are you at?
Speaker 7: How cool of a car are we talking?
Speaker 5: Whoa is the juice worth the squeeze?
Speaker 4: Is what he's asking.
Speaker 8: I mean, some surprises need to be kept secret. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 4: Yes, we don't blow the anniversary gifts.
Speaker 1: It's all just a big lie to cover up your actual cheating, Like it's why wouldn't you tell Brook?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, I was done with the cheating part.
Speaker 8: When we're home tonight, I can show you all of the books, and you can see how much money that I've made through this business.
Speaker 1: Ah, you track, you need to read those chat messages.
Speaker 7: Yeah, or if.
Speaker 3: There's none, that's also saying a lot.
Speaker 5: And Annie, Alexis wants the website that you're meeting the scammable guys. If you can forward that to Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Emails full of those guys for Alexis. We're fine, Okay, never mind, We're good. You keep scamming.
Speaker 7: If this is real, I will say next time you can keep what you're getting me a secret. But still wrote me into this little plan of yours. That might make me seem a little less likely to think.
Speaker 4: That you're cheating.
Speaker 5: He's what he wants, jet skis, and he's asking for jet skis.
Speaker 4: And there you go. You enjoy your anniversary together.
Speaker 1: Jets Broke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: You hear of couples embracing the side hustle now more than ever. This one's a little bit different, but I think still falls underneath that umbrella, right, I mean, if.
Speaker 1: You could keep one box from interfering with the other box. But it's all gonna get messy.
Speaker 3: Don't know. What if he does the same, What if he starts, you know, doing the thing for ladies that bounces it out?
Speaker 1: Sure? Sure, and I'm sure none of these people give you money. We'll ever expect anything else than a friendly conversation that said something that they didn't wearn't asked for.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks for saying hi back. You have one thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that's all I wanted. Jeff, all right, you bring up some fair points.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have to request some of the transcripts of these conversations before we can fully endorse it to our listeners going phone.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you want to see them, dude, you maybe I'll sell those.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: One thing I can endorse fully is subscribing to our show. And yes, I am getting paid to say that. Okay, full admission, getting paid for not a lot.
Speaker 1: You mean, this is your job. This is the only way you stay employed, exactly.
Speaker 5: It's sadder the more I say it. But if you haven't subscribed, Abrooke and Jeffords